GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 80 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,095
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,355
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,487
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,216
Posts1,056,190
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread [Re: 2a] #948924
08/01/18 03:29 PM
08/01/18 03:29 PM
Novi Sad,Serbia
alexandarns Offline
Underboss
alexandarns  Offline
Underboss
Novi Sad,Serbia
Yes I think this era of mobsters do, but a big part of them are born in Belgrade. There is one thing you have to know about people from Belgrade and Serbia aswell is that we are by origin 60-70 percent from Montenegro at one point. Of course Im talking about common folk not mobsters. I think Stax will agree

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread [Re: Hollander] #948925
08/01/18 03:37 PM
08/01/18 03:37 PM
TheKillingJoke Offline
Underboss
TheKillingJoke  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by Hollander
Originally Posted by TheKillingJoke

I assume the "Bulgarian mafia" has some power in Bulgaria itself, but international activities are very limited. Most Bulgaria-connected criminal cases I come across here in Belgium involve Turks from Bulgaria instead of ethnic Bulgarians and it most concerns illegal contracting and prostitution; more often than not connected to established Turkish criminal organizations.

Romanian, Bulgarian and Hungarian gangs are pretty active in the Netherlands.

Over here in Belgium as well, but most of them seem to originate from the Roma gypsy population. They're mostly involved in organized scamming and theft. Prostitution happens as well, but they don't really have any formal control over this.

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread [Re: alexandarns] #948926
08/01/18 03:38 PM
08/01/18 03:38 PM
TheKillingJoke Offline
Underboss
TheKillingJoke  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by alexandarns
Yes I think this era of mobsters do, but a big part of them are born in Belgrade. There is one thing you have to know about people from Belgrade and Serbia aswell is that we are by origin 60-70 percent from Montenegro at one point. Of course Im talking about common folk not mobsters. I think Stax will agree

I didn't know the ties to Montenegro were this deep. Thanks for the info.

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread [Re: 2a] #948932
08/01/18 04:03 PM
08/01/18 04:03 PM
Balkans
Strax Offline
Underboss
Strax  Offline
Underboss
Balkans
Clans from Montenegro are currently most powerful around here, groups that currently run Belgrade are connected to them. They are all connected to one another,and they all do dirty work for police/state. Group that currently run Belgrade,all members have secret service badges.

"A fish with his mouth closed never get's caught"
Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread [Re: 2a] #948933
08/01/18 04:07 PM
08/01/18 04:07 PM
M
m2w Offline
Underboss
m2w  Offline
M
Underboss
romanian gangs are weak generally speaking, even in romania are not so strong, aside a few gypsy clans
bulgarians are powerful in their country, but not so much in general, and gypsies anyway are strong even there
albanian and serbian oc are by far the strongest balkan criminal group (not only gypsies, in general)

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread [Re: m2w] #948940
08/01/18 04:33 PM
08/01/18 04:33 PM
Balkans
Strax Offline
Underboss
Strax  Offline
Underboss
Balkans
Originally Posted by m2w
romanian gangs are weak generally speaking, even in romania are not so strong, aside a few gypsy clans
bulgarians are powerful in their country, but not so much in general, and gypsies anyway are strong even there
albanian and serbian oc are by far the strongest balkan criminal group (not only gypsies, in general)

Albanian are top, and when u say Serbian , you must consider serbian/montenegrian. Because clans from montenegro are now more powerful than serbian,but they are all working together.

Last edited by Strax; 08/01/18 04:47 PM.

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread [Re: 2a] #948956
08/01/18 08:23 PM
08/01/18 08:23 PM
S
spartan Offline
Button
spartan  Offline
S
Button
In the Balkans - like everywhere OC - exists. And OC has very strong links to the security/intelligence services.

In Albania, OC is widespread and Albanian groups operate in many countries.

I'd say the weakest OC in the Balkans is in Romania, and that has a lot to do with their police. The police there do NOT mess around. I've seen it first hand.

Bulgarian OC has weakened somewhat since they joined the EU.

Serbia and Montenegro has strong OC, with very tight links to the security services.

In Greece, there is local OC, but the speciality of Greek OC is large scale smuggling. They smuggle fuel, cigarettes, weapons, and on a smaller scale drugs into Greece, but international drug trafficking/smuggling is their specialty. And it is much larger than ppl know. There have been some very large drug busts involving Greeks (one guy was caught in Italy, charged with trafficking 10 tonnes of cocaine. A few years ago the police hauled in a 2 tonne heroin shipment here. Another guy, 1 tonne. etc etc).

But I would agree that Serbian and Albanian OC is the "strongest" in the Balkans.

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread [Re: 2a] #949242
08/04/18 09:58 PM
08/04/18 09:58 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

Albanian criminals are on the rise on the Dutch coke market. That is at the expense of the Moroccans. The shift is mainly due to the fact that South American drug cartels prefer to do business with the Albanians, because the Moroccan criminals are in the spotlight of the police and judiciary.

"The king is dead, long live the king!"
Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread [Re: 2a] #949251
08/05/18 02:30 AM
08/05/18 02:30 AM
TheKillingJoke Offline
Underboss
TheKillingJoke  Offline
Underboss
If the Moroccans keep on whacking each other at this rate, I don't think there'll be many of them left wanting to get into the business big time.

The thing with the Albanians is that, despite their violent reputation, they're keeping it quite low-key at the moment preferring to conduct their business behind closed doors. The Dutch DTO's in Brabant and Limburg aren't making all that much noise either, but they're still moving tons (there's definitely way more guys like Tommy Van der S. around in the area). I'm curious what the future of the Antilleans will be on the cocaine market; to a slightly lesser extent they seem to face the same problem the Moroccans face at the moment where a touch too many internal rivalries get in the way of doing business.

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread [Re: 2a] #949408
08/07/18 04:49 AM
08/07/18 04:49 AM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

Dimitar Zhelyazkov, alias Mityo Ochite ('Mityo the Eyes'), was arrested in Istanbul. The Bulgarian mafia boss, six of his men and his girlfriend were apprehended by the Turkish police on Aug. 4. Zhelyazkov was also sought by Interpol. Over the years, there have been several attempts to kill him.

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread [Re: Hollander] #949486
08/08/18 10:06 AM
08/08/18 10:06 AM
2a Offline OP
Made Member
2a  Offline OP
Made Member

I assume the "Bulgarian mafia" has some power in Bulgaria itself, but international activities are very limited. Most Bulgaria-connected criminal cases I come across here in Belgium involve Turks from Bulgaria instead of ethnic Bulgarians and it most concerns illegal contracting and prostitution; more often than not connected to established Turkish criminal organizations.

I suppose this deserves a thread of its own , but how come one can read next to nothing about Hungarian organized crime in general ? It's as if they are virtual phantoms in spite of all the tales one can hear about them .

Last edited by 2a; 08/08/18 10:06 AM.
Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread [Re: 2a] #949492
08/08/18 02:03 PM
08/08/18 02:03 PM
TheKillingJoke Offline
Underboss
TheKillingJoke  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by 2a

I suppose this deserves a thread of its own , but how come one can read next to nothing about Hungarian organized crime in general ? It's as if they are virtual phantoms in spite of all the tales one can hear about them .

Personally, I don't really feel like the "Hungarian mafia" is a really big force on a large scale. There's definitely businessmen in Hungary that do business with international OC groups active in the country and there was a certain amount of killings in the 90's. Nowadays tho, it's more groups from the former Soviet Union and the Balkan that hold some power in Hungary. I'm sure Hungarian OC exists on a certain scale, but I don't think it's a "phenomenon".

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread [Re: 2a] #949567
08/09/18 01:45 PM
08/09/18 01:45 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

I visited Budapest in the early 90s not long after the fall of communism. Lovely city but the transition to the market economy paved the way for organized crime the local underworld worked with the international groups but back then the russians dominated still it helped hungarians spoke russian and the soviet influences were everywhere. Regular folks hated the russians and gypsies though.

Last edited by Hollander; 08/09/18 01:47 PM.

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread [Re: 2a] #950280
08/15/18 05:39 PM
08/15/18 05:39 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread [Re: 2a] #950932
08/21/18 12:59 PM
08/21/18 12:59 PM
2a Offline OP
Made Member
2a  Offline OP
Made Member

What's the organized crime scene in Slovenia like by the way ? I know it's a bit of a stretch to refer to the country as Balkan , however it's fitting for the purpose of this thread IMO .

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread [Re: 2a] #950946
08/21/18 03:46 PM
08/21/18 03:46 PM
TheKillingJoke Offline
Underboss
TheKillingJoke  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by 2a

What's the organized crime scene in Slovenia like by the way ? I know it's a bit of a stretch to refer to the country as Balkan , however it's fitting for the purpose of this thread IMO .

Out of the former Yugoslavian states, Slovenia has always been hit the least by the "organized crime troubles" that region faced following the breakup. It seems to be the same in Slovenia as it is throughout the entire Balkans: a dominance by Serbian organized crime and Albanian organized crime.

Dragan Tosic - connected to Darko Saric and the Montenegro and Belgrade clans - operated in Ljubljana up until 2012.
(https://www.occrp.org/en/daily/1730-slovenia-balkan-warrior-trial-convicts-four-acquits-leader)

Albanians got busted fairly recently for pot trafficking.
(http://www.total-slovenia-news.com/...for-ljubljana-based-cobra-marijuana-gang)

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread [Re: TheKillingJoke] #951034
08/22/18 03:46 PM
08/22/18 03:46 PM
2a Offline OP
Made Member
2a  Offline OP
Made Member
Originally Posted by 2a

Out of the former Yugoslavian states, Slovenia has always been hit the least by the "organized crime troubles" that region faced following the breakup. It seems to be the same in Slovenia as it is throughout the entire Balkans: a dominance by Serbian organized crime and Albanian organized crime.

Dragan Tosic - connected to Darko Saric and the Montenegro and Belgrade clans - operated in Ljubljana up until 2012.
(https://www.occrp.org/en/daily/1730-slovenia-balkan-warrior-trial-convicts-four-acquits-leader)

(http://www.total-slovenia-news.com/...for-ljubljana-based-cobra-marijuana-gang)

It seems that Eastern European countries with an Orthodox culture tend to have more issues with organized crime than their Catholic counteparts . Anyways thanks for the information man .

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread [Re: 2a] #951042
08/22/18 04:30 PM
08/22/18 04:30 PM
TheKillingJoke Offline
Underboss
TheKillingJoke  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by 2a
Originally Posted by 2a

It seems that Eastern European countries with an Orthodox culture tend to have more issues with organized crime than their Catholic counteparts . Anyways thanks for the information man .

I wouldn't say religion plays a really strong part in this. It seems that it has developed in some regions more than in others.
In the Balkans in Serbia and Montenegro ("Serbian mafia" - Orthodox) and in Northern Albania, Kosovo and Western Macedonia ("Albanian mafia" - Muslim). Of course there is localized organized crime in for instance Bulgaria, Croatia, Bosnia and other parts of Macedonia, but it's mostly very local and doesn't really have its tentacles spread all over Europe.
In the former Soviet Union it has mostly developed in Russia, Ukraine and Belarus ("Russian mafia" - both Orthodox and Jewish), Georgia (Orthodox), Chechnya (Sunni Muslim), Azerbaijan (Shiite Muslim) and Armenia (Orthodox from the more Oriental variety). There's also organized crime in Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and Central Asia, but again it's extremely localized and not as far reaching as the aforementioned ones.
I honestly don't know why organized crime developed in some regions more than in the others. I don't think that religion really has a lot to do with it and truth be told, neither does poverty and violence - there are extremely poor and violent nations that didn't give birth to any type of far reaching organized crime and there are comparatively more well off nations that nurtured a significant type of organized crime.

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread [Re: TheKillingJoke] #952173
09/04/18 10:55 AM
09/04/18 10:55 AM
2a Offline OP
Made Member
2a  Offline OP
Made Member
Originally Posted by 2a
Originally Posted by 2a

I wouldn't say religion plays a really strong part in this. It seems that it has developed in some regions more than in others.
In the Balkans in Serbia and Montenegro ("Serbian mafia" - Orthodox) and in Northern Albania, Kosovo and Western Macedonia ("Albanian mafia" - Muslim). Of course there is localized organized crime in for instance Bulgaria, Croatia, Bosnia and other parts of Macedonia, but it's mostly very local and doesn't really have its tentacles spread all over Europe.
In the former Soviet Union it has mostly developed in Russia, Ukraine and Belarus ("Russian mafia" - both Orthodox and Jewish), Georgia (Orthodox), Chechnya (Sunni Muslim), Azerbaijan (Shiite Muslim) and Armenia (Orthodox from the more Oriental variety). There's also organized crime in Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and Central Asia, but again it's extremely localized and not as far reaching as the aforementioned ones.
I honestly don't know why organized crime developed in some regions more than in the others. I don't think that religion really has a lot to do with it and truth be told, neither does poverty and violence - there are extremely poor and violent nations that didn't give birth to any type of far reaching organized crime and there are comparatively more well off nations that nurtured a significant type of organized crime.

Yeah organized crime can definitely thrive in all sorts of places , however I think it's not too much of a stretch to state that Orthodox Byzantine culture provides more fertile ground for it than ( say ) Protestant Anglo culture , especially when it comes to the issue of thriving mafia style syndicates .

The whole Caesaropapist aspect of Orthodox Byzantine culture makes corruption of authorities much easier for a variety of reasons . Chief among them being the fact of a pronounced lack of institutional separateness , lack of transparency , lack of a strong tradition of civil society , as well as a more " accept things the way they are and suffer " mentality among the populace at large .

I'm not trying to paint Orthodox Byzantine nations in a bad light by the way , just fleshing out some reasons .

Last edited by 2a; 09/04/18 10:56 AM.
Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread [Re: 2a] #952555
09/07/18 08:02 PM
09/07/18 08:02 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

Kolle Kostovski placed on Interpol list of most wanted people. The Yugo gangster from a bygone era escaped earlier this year from a leave he had received to be treated for various ailments in Brazil. Slobodan Kostovski (64) was sentenced to 19 years in prison after being arrested in Brazil a few years ago, as the organizer of a cocaine transport in which cocaine was brought to Europe via the Victoria port. The organization consisted mainly of women, who were involved in the production and transport of marble slabs in various places, which were used as a cover. Kolle's own Brazilian wife was also arrested during that operation.
Kolle was a partner of the murdered dutch crime boss Stanley Hillis.

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread [Re: 2a] #953191
09/15/18 02:31 PM
09/15/18 02:31 PM
TheKillingJoke Offline
Underboss
TheKillingJoke  Offline
Underboss
We mostly hear about the clans from Belgrade, Montenegro and Kosovo (and in extent Northern Albania), but does anybody know what the state of power is of the clans from the Sandzak?
Are they on the same level?

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread [Re: 2a] #954160
09/26/18 07:08 PM
09/26/18 07:08 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread [Re: 2a] #954226
09/27/18 05:23 PM
09/27/18 05:23 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

Turkish police nab Serbian mafia boss by tracking Russian lover

http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/tu...ia-boss-by-tracking-russian-lover-137271

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread [Re: 2a] #954302
09/29/18 05:40 AM
09/29/18 05:40 AM
TheKillingJoke Offline
Underboss
TheKillingJoke  Offline
Underboss
That Skaljari group seems to be a not-to-be-fucked-with bunch.

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread [Re: TheKillingJoke] #954304
09/29/18 05:48 AM
09/29/18 05:48 AM
Balkans
Strax Offline
Underboss
Strax  Offline
Underboss
Balkans

They are one of most powerful groups in Balkans , i said that multiple times on this board. Now there are 2 clans , Skaljarski and Kavacki , since 200kg of cocaine disappeared in Spain. They are in war in the past 7 years.

Skaljarski clan killed Aleksandar Stankovic , who was one of most powerful people in Belgrade, they paid 300,000$ for that.

Last edited by Strax; 09/29/18 05:48 AM.

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread [Re: Strax] #954305
09/29/18 05:56 AM
09/29/18 05:56 AM
TheKillingJoke Offline
Underboss
TheKillingJoke  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by Strax

They are one of most powerful groups in Balkans , i said that multiple times on this board. Now there are 2 clans , Skaljarski and Kavacki , since 200kg of cocaine disappeared in Spain. They are in war in the past 7 years.

Skaljarski clan killed Aleksandar Stankovic , who was one of most powerful people in Belgrade, they paid 300,000$ for that.

Yeah that feud has turned quite nasty.
Which of the Belgrade clans would you say is the most noteworthy at the moment?

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread [Re: 2a] #955034
10/07/18 06:21 PM
10/07/18 06:21 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

She´s the third journalist killed by organized crime in the EU in a year.

Bulgarian Journalist Victoria Marinova Brutally Raped and Murdered

https://www.thedailybeast.com/bulgarian-journalist-victoria-marinova-brutally-raped-and-murdered

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread [Re: Hollander] #955288
10/10/18 03:17 AM
10/10/18 03:17 AM
M
m2w Offline
Underboss
m2w  Offline
M
Underboss

https://www.thedailybeast.com/bulgarian-journalist-victoria-marinova-brutally-raped-and-murdered

it was a robbery, a 21 years old romanian gypsy was arrested

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread [Re: m2w] #955300
10/10/18 04:57 AM
10/10/18 04:57 AM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

Originally Posted by m2w

it was a robbery, a 21 years old romanian gypsy was arrested

They released him and in Germany a Bulgarian was arrested who had her phone still unclear if its related to her work.

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread [Re: 2a] #956500
10/26/18 06:46 PM
10/26/18 06:46 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

Bosnia: two police officers killed in an ambush in Sarajevo
Sarajevo, 26 Oct 14:14 - (Agenzia Nova)- Two police officers were killed in an ambush this night in Sarajevo: the "Ftv" television station reports. According to the newspaper, one of the two officers died last night, while the second one lost his life in the afternoon, after numerous resuscitation attempts by the doctors of the Clinical Center of the University of Sarajevo. Adis Sehovic and Davor Vujinovic, the two agents, intervened tonight after an anonymous call and were hit by shots of automatic firearms when they got out of their vehicle. The Ministry of the Interior of the Sarajevo Canton has announced that it is still in search of the killers and that traces collected so far indicate that the ambush is due to a criminal organization dedicated to the theft of cars. According to the news leaked so far, the murderers' car would have a Croatian license plate.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull