GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Brovelli, 2 invisible), 139 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,355
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,736
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,502
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,283
Posts1,057,854
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Gambino's vs Genovese's 60s 70s & 80s [Re: AntSamuel] #991781
05/24/20 06:50 PM
05/24/20 06:50 PM
N
Njein Offline
Capo
Njein  Offline
N
Capo
I think it was in the late 1960s that they adopted a power-sharing arrangement. Fish Cafaro confirmed Benny Squint was the real boss after Vito Genovese died in 1969, but used puppet bosses like Tommy Ryan and Funzi to shield himself. It worked out for him, as he died a free man in 1987.

Not sure if this was the Genovese ruling administration in 1981:

Official Boss: Philip "Benny Squint" Lombardo
Street Boss: Vincent "Chin" Gigante
Front Boss: Anthony "Fat Tony" Salerno
Underboss: Saverio "Sammy" Santora
Consigliere: Louis "Bobby" Manna

Re: Gambino's vs Genovese's 60s 70s & 80s [Re: ItalianIrishMix] #991803
05/24/20 10:59 PM
05/24/20 10:59 PM
C
ColonelReb Offline
Banned
ColonelReb  Offline
Banned
C
Underboss
Same way Jimmy is nickname for Vincenzo, Tommy for Gaetano, Johnny for Giovanni, Joe for Giuseppe. They just Americanized their names how they saw fit.

Re: Gambino's vs Genovese's 60s 70s & 80s [Re: MrJustsayNo] #991804
05/24/20 11:03 PM
05/24/20 11:03 PM
C
ColonelReb Offline
Banned
ColonelReb  Offline
Banned
C
Underboss
Originally Posted by MrJustsayNo
Exactly !! In my eyes,and personal opinion, Gotti was a big Pussy !! He surrounded himself at all times with everyone and anyone,and made himself into this Gangster Celebrity Extraordinaire for the simple fact,He knew the Chin and others were gonna "PUSH HIS FUCKEN WIG BACK" for breaking sacred rules in whacking the boss with absolutely no authority to do so !! If Bobby Manna doesn't get caught plotting Gotti's death then guess what ! Gotti is laid out in the streets full of holes in a public display !!!! Gotti knew all this from the time he pulled off the hit and knew he was on his way to prison ! In my personal opinion , Gotti was scared to death !!!He was protected,Like a federally endangered species ! He did what he did so if and when they managed to kill this asshole it would be all over the news and media around the globe and there obviously would be a full scale attack on his perpetrators to no end !! Sort of like the pope being assassinated !!

Ask chin about the sacred rules of whacking a boss back in 57 when he tries to blow Frank Costello's head off. Okay for chin and not John? Explain.

Re: Gambino's vs Genovese's 60s 70s & 80s [Re: ColonelReb] #991805
05/24/20 11:17 PM
05/24/20 11:17 PM
D
Dwalin2011 Offline
Underboss
Dwalin2011  Offline
D
Underboss
Originally Posted by ColonelReb
Same way Jimmy is nickname for Vincenzo, Tommy for Gaetano, Johnny for Giovanni, Joe for Giuseppe. They just Americanized their names how they saw fit.

I wonder though why isn't it Vincenzo = Vincent and Jimmy/James = Giacomo. Theoretically, Vincenzo and Jimmy are 2 names with completely different origins.

Willie Marfeo to Henry Tameleo:

1) "You people want a loaf of bread and you throw the crumbs back. Well, fuck you. I ain't closing down."

2) "Get out of here, old man. Go tell Raymond to go shit in his hat. We're not giving you anything."
Re: Gambino's vs Genovese's 60s 70s & 80s [Re: AntSamuel] #991827
05/25/20 10:40 AM
05/25/20 10:40 AM
G
guero Offline
Wiseguy
guero  Offline
G
Wiseguy
I never bought that unpaid drug debt thing with Tommy Ryan. First of all the amount is crazy. No way Carlo’s giving him 4 million or even 1 million. Not to mention, you don’t think Carlo could find suppliers if he wanted to. I think Tommy Ryan got got because he thought he was bigger than everybody else. He was a hothead. He was acting boss and thought he was the real boss, until Catena, the underboss at that time tore him a new asshole. Also, absolutely no way the Gambinos would hit the acting boss of the West Side with no repercussions, even if Tommy Ryan was an asshole. The West Side would have retaliated. Even if the Genovese okayed the hit, they certainly wouldn’t have let another family kill one of their own. That’s a big no no. Big Paul did that years later and no one could believe it. The only conclusion we can draw from the Tommy Ryan hit is that it was ordered by the Genovese, specifically the boss at the time Benny Squint, and carried out by the Genovese. I’m reminded of the Chin’s “we don’t break our captains. We kill them,” quite. They didn’t break Tommy Ryan down, they killed him.

Last edited by guero; 05/25/20 10:42 AM.
Re: Gambino's vs Genovese's 60s 70s & 80s [Re: Stubbs] #991849
05/25/20 06:06 PM
05/25/20 06:06 PM
Uk
T
Tonytough Offline
ba da bing
Tonytough  Offline
ba da bing
T
Underboss
Uk
Originally Posted by Stubbs
From what I've read on the boards here, the Genovese have always been the most powerful family. Other posters will be able to explain in more details.

I doubt that Paul would or even couldve manipulated Chin. Gigante was extremely shrewed, but also seemed to like Castellano. He was really pissed off when Big Paul was killed and wanted Gotti and all of the conspirators whacked. I doubt anyone could dictate to the Genovese... they're way too powerful and smart.

It’s quite simple, Chin liked Paul because Paul kowtowed to his demands. It’s all about friends with benefits, Chin knew he could count on Paul and most importantly sway his decisions

Gotti on the otherhand, he couldn’t control. Like Scarfo said,’ I can see why our friend (Chin) doesn’t like him (Gotti), he’s sharp’

Re: Gambino's vs Genovese's 60s 70s & 80s [Re: guero] #991862
05/25/20 09:21 PM
05/25/20 09:21 PM
Zavattoni Offline
Underboss
Zavattoni  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by guero
I never bought that unpaid drug debt thing with Tommy Ryan. First of all the amount is crazy. No way Carlo’s giving him 4 million or even 1 million. Not to mention, you don’t think Carlo could find suppliers if he wanted to. I think Tommy Ryan got got because he thought he was bigger than everybody else. He was a hothead. He was acting boss and thought he was the real boss, until Catena, the underboss at that time tore him a new asshole. Also, absolutely no way the Gambinos would hit the acting boss of the West Side with no repercussions, even if Tommy Ryan was an asshole. The West Side would have retaliated. Even if the Genovese okayed the hit, they certainly wouldn’t have let another family kill one of their own. That’s a big no no. Big Paul did that years later and no one could believe it. The only conclusion we can draw from the Tommy Ryan hit is that it was ordered by the Genovese, specifically the boss at the time Benny Squint, and carried out by the Genovese. I’m reminded of the Chin’s “we don’t break our captains. We kill them,” quite. They didn’t break Tommy Ryan down, they killed him.

I agree; 4 million dollars in the 1970's is a ton of money to just put up in the ''air''. I believe this was plain and simple; A pure; flat-out whacking of a Front Boss by the internal leadership of the Genovese's. No-way the Gambino's would have had Eboli whacked without fatal repercussions. Catena; Eboli; and Miranda in the 1960s and early 70's had a mistrust of eachother. I think when Vito Genovese died; Eboli was rubbing people the wrong way; and got whacked because of it. Him; and Catena were definately feuding.

Another thing; Why would Eboli; A Boss; Go to another Boss to borrow $4 million dollars? Doesn't make sense; He could borrow within his own family.

One last thing; Thomas Eboli's brother Pasquale Eboli dissappeared; Do you think the Genovese's are going to sit-back and let two high-ranking guys in their family get whacked by the Gambino's. This was plain; and simple; ''Westside'' clean up.

Last edited by Zavattoni; 05/25/20 09:29 PM.

“I called your f—— house five times yesterday, now, if you’re going to disregard my m—– f—— phone calls, I’ll blow you and that f —— house up… This is not a f—— game. My time is valuable. If I ever hear anybody else calls you and you respond within five days, I’ll f—— kill you.” ~ John Gotti.
Re: Gambino's vs Genovese's 60s 70s & 80s [Re: Dwalin2011] #991876
05/26/20 12:39 AM
05/26/20 12:39 AM
C
ColonelReb Offline
Banned
ColonelReb  Offline
Banned
C
Underboss
Originally Posted by Dwalin2011
Originally Posted by ColonelReb

I wonder though why isn't it Vincenzo = Vincent and Jimmy/James = Giacomo. Theoretically, Vincenzo and Jimmy are 2 names with completely different origins.

I have no clue how they came up with Americanized names. Although Giacomo=Jack is pretty close in linguistics.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull