GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Toodoped, 1 invisible), 62 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,094
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,352
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,485
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,212
Posts1,056,141
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
New Video: Paul "The Waiter" Ricca #910102
04/05/17 06:51 AM
04/05/17 06:51 AM
USA
BloodlettersandBadmen Offline OP
Made Member
BloodlettersandBadmen  Offline OP
Made Member
USA
Paul "The Waiter" Ricca, was born Felice DeLucia in Naples, Italy. In 1915 he got his first real taste of lawlessness when he killed a man, receiving two years in prison. Later, he left Italy on a ship bound for New York City after having killed the man who testified against him at his trial. Making his way to Chicago, he took up with the Capone Mob. During the proceeding decades, Paul “The Waiter” Ricca would serve as one of the de facto bosses of the outfit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4E2Q69xl_Ic

Re: New Video: Paul "The Waiter" Ricca [Re: BloodlettersandBadmen] #910152
04/06/17 09:55 AM
04/06/17 09:55 AM
Underground
Toodoped Online off
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Online Off
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
First of all, at 02:05 Ricca is not present on that picture with Al.

Second,Ricca once testified against one of his fellow underlings, did youknow that?

Third, Carl Sifakis and Robert Nahs's infos are somehow too old and are mostly based on myths. And believe me they aint the only researchers on the Outfit

Thanks for the effort but i think that you should do a better work next time

He who can never endure the bad will never see the good
Re: New Video: Paul "The Waiter" Ricca [Re: Toodoped] #910154
04/06/17 10:24 AM
04/06/17 10:24 AM
BillyBrizzi Offline
Underboss
BillyBrizzi  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Toodoped
First of all, at 02:05 Ricca aint on that picture with Al.

Second,Ricca once testified against one of his fellow underlings, did youknow that?

Third, Carl Sifakis and Robert Nahs's infos are somehow too old and are mostly based on myths. And believe me they aint the only researchers on the Outfit

Thanks for the effort but i think that you should do a better work

Would be great if you two would collaborate on future vids about Outfit guys.

FORTIS FORTUNA IUVAT
Re: New Video: Paul "The Waiter" Ricca [Re: Toodoped] #910203
04/06/17 08:06 PM
04/06/17 08:06 PM
M
MightyDR Offline
Underboss
MightyDR  Offline
M
Underboss

Woah, woah, woah! Tell us about that one!

Re: New Video: Paul "The Waiter" Ricca [Re: BloodlettersandBadmen] #910231
04/07/17 07:29 AM
04/07/17 07:29 AM
Snakes Offline
Underboss
Snakes  Offline
Underboss
He was under immunity and testified against Cerone and others in a gambling case. He faced imprisonment for contempt if he did not take the stand. He was not in very good health so taking the fifth like Sam Giancana and serving a year was not a viable option for him. With that said, even after taking the stand he did his best to avoid questions and presenter many of his answers in half truths, so it wasn't like he took the stand and spilled his guts.

Last edited by Snakes; 04/07/17 07:29 AM.

"Snakes... Snakes... I don't know no Snakes."
Re: New Video: Paul "The Waiter" Ricca [Re: Snakes] #910312
04/08/17 06:13 AM
04/08/17 06:13 AM
Underground
Toodoped Online off
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Online Off
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
Thats right and by the end of the day almost everybody in the syndicate had an "understanding" for Riccas action, which again shows his long time power within the organization, because if it was for someone else instead of him or Accardo, i personally believe that same individual would've been blown to bits

Heres my project on Ricca...

http://www.gangsterbb.net/threads/ubbthr...1867#Post881867

Re: New Video: Paul "The Waiter" Ricca [Re: Toodoped] #910342
04/08/17 03:45 PM
04/08/17 03:45 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ

Yes. The guy incorrectly identified as Ricca (and who looks like Andy Garcia) is Frankie La Porte. Capone's last biographer, Lawrence Bergreen, says La Porte was "the only man from whom Capone took orders."

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: New Video: Paul "The Waiter" Ricca [Re: Turnbull] #910346
04/08/17 05:03 PM
04/08/17 05:03 PM
new jersey
T
thebigfella Offline
Underboss
thebigfella  Offline
T
Underboss
new jersey
Capone actually read his book and called him a bold face liar (figure of speech) sure there was disagreements, but Capone was the absolute Athority...Ricca tried his power grab after Capone went away, nitti was to nice...if Ricca would have pulled that crap with Capone he would have went for the last ride"

Re: New Video: Paul "The Waiter" Ricca [Re: BloodlettersandBadmen] #910351
04/08/17 07:49 PM
04/08/17 07:49 PM
M
MightyDR Offline
Underboss
MightyDR  Offline
M
Underboss
Thanks for the info guys

Re: New Video: Paul "The Waiter" Ricca [Re: Turnbull] #910355
04/08/17 09:19 PM
04/08/17 09:19 PM
Underground
Toodoped Online off
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Online Off
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
Originally Posted By: Turnbull

Yes. The guy incorrectly identified as Ricca (and who looks like Andy Garcia) is Frankie La Porte. Capone's last biographer, Lawrence Bergreen, says La Porte was "the only man from whom Capone took orders."

Turnbull I have respect for you since you're an old timer and I sincerely bet that you dont believe in that myth.

LaPorte was very important for the Outfit's relations on the southern suburbs and problably the policy, prostituation and narcotics rackets. Also, according to some wriretapped convos, after Emery's death, LaPorte also acted as messanger between the top bosses. In other words, it was impossibile for him to give orders to Al, since ther were two previous bosses of the Heights faction

Re: New Video: Paul "The Waiter" Ricca [Re: Toodoped] #910362
04/08/17 10:56 PM
04/08/17 10:56 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Originally Posted By: Turnbull

Turnbull I have respect for you since you're an old timer and I sincerely bet that you dont believe in that myth.

LaPorte was very important for the Outfit's relations on the southern suburbs and problably the policy, prostituation and narcotics rackets. Also, according to some wriretapped convos, after Emery's death, LaPorte also acted as messanger between the top bosses. In other words, it was impossibile for him to give orders to Al, since ther were two previous bosses of the Heights faction

Bergreen wrote an excellent bio of Capone, but in several places (like the one I cited), he makes statements that he doesn't substantiate. No, he didn't say why Capone "took orders from La Porte." That's not the only one. Earlier, he says that the guy who directed the hit on Dion O'Banion in his flower shop was none other than Francesco Uole (aka Frankie Yale), Capone's mentor in Brooklyn. Bergreen says he did it "to expand his influence in Chicago." But he never says why--or how. The next time Yale is cited in the book was when Capone arranged his assassination in Brooklyn.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: New Video: Paul "The Waiter" Ricca [Re: Toodoped] #910828
04/17/17 07:34 AM
04/17/17 07:34 AM
USA
Made Member
Made Member
USA
Thanks for the feedback. However, I use numerous sources. These days, everybody is an expert. I have folks who tell me Gus Russo is a hack. Others hate this writer or that writer. It gets a little old.

Just an FYI...I have read just about every book on the mob out there. One thing I have learned, the history of secret societies is often murky. Think you know the real history? Even if you and I were there does not mean we are always reliable.

One final note, can you document Ricca testifying? I had never read this and I would be interested.

Re: New Video: Paul "The Waiter" Ricca [Re: BloodlettersandBadmen] #910860
04/18/17 05:04 AM
04/18/17 05:04 AM
Underground
Toodoped Online off
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Online Off
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
Originally Posted By: BloodlettersandBadmen
Thanks for the feedback. However, I use numerous sources. These days, everybody is an expert. I have folks who tell me Gus Russo is a hack. Others hate this writer or that writer. It gets a little old.

Just an FYI...I have read just about every book on the mob out there. One thing I have learned, the history of secret societies is often murky. Think you know the real history? Even if you and I were there does not mean we are always reliable.

One final note, can you document Ricca testifying? I had never read this and I would be interested.

Im not talking about true or false, im talking about different sources. To tell you the truth i very rarely use infos which are taken out og authors' books, but instead i use search engines on fbi files, court transcripts, newspaper articles etc. So my point is that books should be your last resort for researching since many of the authors sometimes make some of the situations sound like pure fiction. Dont get me wrong, but you waste good time on making these docs and in the end, you provide infos that are generaly or already known. I was quite happy when i first saw that you made a vid on Ricca but later felt disapointed since there was nothing new. For example, you forgot to say anything regarding Riccas battle with deportation...belive me its a real saga

Later i will send you a pm regarding Ricca's court transcripts

Re: New Video: Paul "The Waiter" Ricca [Re: Toodoped] #910937
04/19/17 11:49 AM
04/19/17 11:49 AM
USA
Made Member
Made Member
USA
I did mention his deportation, it just wasn't relevant to the story I was telling. I try to keep the videos around 10 minutes, so I have to pick and choose what to cover. Not to mention, folks who watch my videos (over 6 million so far and nearly 20,000 subscribers), don't know a lot about these men.

By the way, I do not just read books. I read and have read thousands of articles over the years and I've had a chance to talk to a few who were there.

But thanks for your feedback anyway. I shall take all you've said under consideration.

Re: New Video: Paul "The Waiter" Ricca [Re: BloodlettersandBadmen] #910940
04/19/17 12:04 PM
04/19/17 12:04 PM
Underground
Toodoped Online off
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Online Off
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
check your private messages BloodlettersandBadmen

Re: New Video: Paul "The Waiter" Ricca [Re: Snakes] #910942
04/19/17 12:25 PM
04/19/17 12:25 PM
B
Blackjack2121 Offline
Underboss
Blackjack2121  Offline
B
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Snakes
He was under immunity and testified against Cerone and others in a gambling case. He faced imprisonment for contempt if he did not take the stand. He was not in very good health so taking the fifth like Sam Giancana and serving a year was not a viable option for him. With that said, even after taking the stand he did his best to avoid questions and presenter many of his answers in half truths, so it wasn't like he took the stand and spilled his guts.

Semantics, hes a rat.

If people call Gotti Jr a rat, Ricca is a rat

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull