GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Turnbull), 72 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,406
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,805
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,505
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,298
Posts1,058,130
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
"Who absolutely deserved to get whacked & who.. #908783
03/16/17 04:12 PM
03/16/17 04:12 PM
Uk
T
Tonytough Offline OP
ba da bing
Tonytough  Offline OP
ba da bing
T
Underboss
Uk
didn't?"

Ok nobody deserves to get killed but what I mean is. Someone like Gerard Pappa whacking a captain from a rival family without permission is just asking for trouble & that's exactly what happened to him

Or that guy who conspired to kidnap Vinny Gorgeous's son. Galante strongarmimg the family from Rusty

Now someone who didn't deserve it ie Buddy Luongo... whacked for simply being a power. Or Dibee just because Sammy wanted his business interests

Re: "Who absolutely deserved to get whacked & who.. [Re: Tonytough] #908784
03/16/17 04:17 PM
03/16/17 04:17 PM
G
GerryLang Offline
Underboss
GerryLang  Offline
G
Underboss
Gus Farace, killed a DEA agent, and brought a ton of heat. Louie Milito shouldn't been hit, he was loyal, had a bunch of hits under his belt, money maker, and well liked.

Re: "Who absolutely deserved to get whacked & who.. [Re: Tonytough] #908786
03/16/17 04:54 PM
03/16/17 04:54 PM
Hamilton
Scalish Offline
Underboss
Scalish  Offline
Underboss
Hamilton
Tommy DeSimone deserved it.

Re: "Who absolutely deserved to get whacked & who.. [Re: Tonytough] #908790
03/16/17 05:29 PM
03/16/17 05:29 PM
Michael_Giovanni Offline
Underboss
Michael_Giovanni  Offline
Underboss
In my opinion Bobby Boriello didn't deserve to get hit. He ended up being whacked as part of the punishment for the unsanctioned Castellano hit. He was only at fault for being loyal to the Gotti's.

Last edited by Michael_Giovanni; 03/16/17 05:32 PM.
Re: "Who absolutely deserved to get whacked & who.. [Re: Tonytough] #908793
03/16/17 06:07 PM
03/16/17 06:07 PM
G
GerryLang Offline
Underboss
GerryLang  Offline
G
Underboss
One guy who didn't deserve to get killed was that guy killed by Norman DuPont, he ran Gottis social club, another was Nicky Guido . I'm assuming the real Nicky Guido is still alive, I wonder how he feels about the whole thing. I can believe them nuts were doing a hit on Christmas day.

Re: "Who absolutely deserved to get whacked & who.. [Re: Tonytough] #908796
03/16/17 06:43 PM
03/16/17 06:43 PM
R
RollinBones Offline
Underboss
RollinBones  Offline
R
Underboss
Mike Salerno, Lucchese from the Bronx definitely didn't seem to deserve it. Along with most of Gas and Vic's victims during their reign.

Last edited by RollinBones; 03/16/17 06:45 PM.
Re: "Who absolutely deserved to get whacked & who.. [Re: Tonytough] #908859
03/17/17 06:52 PM
03/17/17 06:52 PM
Buffalo,New York
frankg2469 Offline
A.K.A. Benny Squint
frankg2469  Offline
A.K.A. Benny Squint
Button
Buffalo,New York
Deserved it : Harvey "Chris DeMeo" Rosenberg.

Absolutely, positively, didn't deserve it : Salvy Testa.

"A mook---what's a mook ?" Johnny Boy Civello
Re: "Who absolutely deserved to get whacked & who.. [Re: Tonytough] #908863
03/17/17 07:52 PM
03/17/17 07:52 PM
blueracing347 Offline
Underboss
blueracing347  Offline
Underboss
I always thought Big Paul didn't deserve it. He was the boss and the boss is the boss. Gotti's crew should've been annihilated. Ruggiero was Gotti's responsibility and they should've been dealt with accordingly.

Re: "Who absolutely deserved to get whacked & who.. [Re: RollinBones] #908870
03/17/17 09:07 PM
03/17/17 09:07 PM
Hamilton
Scalish Offline
Underboss
Scalish  Offline
Underboss
Hamilton
Your right Frankg Salvie Testa did not deserve it at all. Loyal and stand up as they come.

Re: "Who absolutely deserved to get whacked & who.. [Re: Tonytough] #908879
03/18/17 12:19 AM
03/18/17 12:19 AM
D
Dwalin2011 Offline
Underboss
Dwalin2011  Offline
D
Underboss
Pasquale Spirito ("Pat the cat") didn't deserve it imo. If I got it right from the descriptions, Scarfo had him whacked because Spirito was reluctant to carry out too many hits and tried to compensate by being a good earner, but for Scarfo bringing money only wasn't enough. But, had Spirito been more violent instead, the paranoid Scarfo would surely have eliminated him as a perceived threat sooner or later, like Salvatore Testa (who was eliminated for even a more pathetic reason, although Testa deserved it imo, but that's from a normal citizen view, from the mafia standards Testa broke no rules).

As for the ones who definitely deserved to be whacked: Mad Sam DeStefano, Roy DeMeo. Would have been cool if Fiore Buccieri was whacked too, he was the most sadistic of them all I think, only Mad Sam beats him in this "quality".

Last edited by Dwalin2011; 03/18/17 05:20 AM.

Willie Marfeo to Henry Tameleo:

1) "You people want a loaf of bread and you throw the crumbs back. Well, fuck you. I ain't closing down."

2) "Get out of here, old man. Go tell Raymond to go shit in his hat. We're not giving you anything."
Re: "Who absolutely deserved to get whacked & who.. [Re: Tonytough] #908893
03/18/17 08:58 AM
03/18/17 08:58 AM
Uk
T
Tonytough Offline OP
ba da bing
Tonytough  Offline OP
ba da bing
T
Underboss
Uk
Agreed, pat the cat saw the murderous madness of the Scara era and just wanted to be left alone/ make some money. Not have a big crew etc

They were too quick to murder, he could have just been read the riot act and demoted for not carrying out orders

Salvie's case is abit different- I agree he didn't deserve it since we all have relationship breakdowns

But when you're engaged to an underboss's daughter, and openly dating other woman then that is dangerous grounds

Boriello- wasn't he suspected of being a shooter in the Gas pipe attempt? Other than being close to Gotti I think that's why Gas wanted him too

How about Johnny Gongs- he was openly grabbing Merlino's wife and acting like a cowboy.

Re: "Who absolutely deserved to get whacked & who.. [Re: Tonytough] #908902
03/18/17 01:25 PM
03/18/17 01:25 PM
P
PHL_Mob Offline
Capo
PHL_Mob  Offline
P
Capo
The thing about Pat the Cat Spirito was that he was straight up not following orders. Whether or not you agree or disagree with the Boss' orders, if you don't carry out the orders then that's a serious problem and against LCN rules. Now, if I were in Scarfo's shoes I would have had a serious conversation with Spirito and reiterated the consequences of not following orders, etc and then if he still was being subversive then he would have to go, but based on what we know he was just stalling on one murder and doing a little drunken trash talking. Still, Scarfo had every right within the guidelines of LCN and in Bruno's time he would have been given a second chance to straighten up and fall in and line and carry out orders, but in Scarfo's regime there were NO second chances.

Salvos Testa I agree should not have been murdered for the reasons he was. He was stupid for doing that to the Underboss' daughter. He did in fact do the right thing and seek Scarfo's permission to end the engagement. I truly believe if Scarfo told him not to break it off then he wouldn't have broken it off. It's also complicated on top of everything because everyone was backstabbing Salvie and telling Scarfo lies about what Salvie was doing. Scarfo isn't in the streets so he's got to take the word of his capos, etc. I still think that Salvie was such an asset to the Family and such a loyal Capo that Scarfo should have really examined it instead of killing him right away though. His so called "infractions" where not enough to kill him and outweighed his ultimate value to the Family, but at the same time based on the lies he was hearing combined with him jilting Chuckie's daughter, it technically was enough to justify a murder contract within LCN rules- I just feel it was a reckless and stupid hit in terms of wasting talent.

Johnny Gongs definitely deserved it. Being a Stanfa supported technically isn't enough to get whacked especially if pledged allegiance to Merlino & Crew after the fact, which other Stanfa loyalists did in fact do (Ron Previte for instance). The reason Gongs should have gotten whacked was his affair with Merlino's wife coupled with disrespecting Merlino in front of his crew while he was in jail in addition to reckless behavior on the streets (shooting up a member's house which I think was Phil Ligambi's house) and openly bragging about and discussing hits in public. He also was reckless by causing problems in bars and clubs (the Chico Barage stabbing and the 10th & O fight), which is the kind of behavior that brings unnecessary and unwanted heat the Family.

Re: "Who absolutely deserved to get whacked & who.. [Re: Tonytough] #908904
03/18/17 02:17 PM
03/18/17 02:17 PM
F
Flushing Offline
Capo
Flushing  Offline
F
Capo
Ruby Stein.

Showed up on 10th Avenue to visit the westies who all owed him a fortune. Never seen again.

Re: "Who absolutely deserved to get whacked & who.. [Re: Tonytough] #908951
03/19/17 10:29 AM
03/19/17 10:29 AM
Massachusetts
southend Offline
Underboss
southend  Offline
Underboss
Massachusetts
Ricky Tassiello - Jimmy Coonan butchered the kid over $1500 and then bragged to the kids father motioning with his hands how he carried it out. Didn't deserve it

Chris Rosenberg - All around bottom feeder, complete shit stain and waste of human life. Deserved everything he got and more

Roy DeMeo - Genuine, standup guy. Family man, great father and husband. Protected his neighborhood from vacuum salesmen out to pilfer cash for "college tuitions". Gave large majority of his victims the courtesy of being dismembered after death, as opposed to be left in the street like your everyday run-of-the-mill murder victim. Didn't deserve it.

Last edited by southend; 03/19/17 10:30 AM.
Re: "Who absolutely deserved to get whacked & who.. [Re: Tonytough] #908957
03/19/17 12:18 PM
03/19/17 12:18 PM
Uk
T
Tonytough Offline OP
ba da bing
Tonytough  Offline OP
ba da bing
T
Underboss
Uk
Tony Bananas

Both deserved/ didn't deserve

Thought he had commission approval. Triple crossed by the Genovese

But deserved to die for carrying out a hit in a boss purely for greed

Here's something else to think about- who SHOULD have gotten whacked but didn't?

Scarfo- disrespected the underboss's daughter by calling her ugly and killing that Irish man over nothing. But luckily for him his uncles saved him

Sammy bull- was killing members for personal interests

Re: "Who absolutely deserved to get whacked & who.. [Re: Tonytough] #908960
03/19/17 01:27 PM
03/19/17 01:27 PM
D
Dwalin2011 Offline
Underboss
Dwalin2011  Offline
D
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Tonytough

Here's something else to think about- who SHOULD have gotten whacked but didn't?

Christopher Furnari should have been whacked, being a rapist. Not only he lived, but even became consigliere.

Sonny Franzese maybe should have been whacked too for the same reason, even though he is one of the most interesting mafia characters, apart from this fact. He wasn't convicted for the rape though, and I am not sure whether it was because of witness intimidation and/or lack of proof or was it just underworld gossip and he didn't do it at all, so here I am not really sure...

Then there was a mafioso from the earlier years of the Kansas City mafia, Paul Catanzaro. Should have been whacked right away, he killed a child in 1919, nobody testified and he enjoyed a long successful career in the mob, they even killed the child's father when he testified against Catanzaro and some others in another trial in the 40s. Catanzaro shouldn't have been allowed to live that long to even be a defendant in that trial.

Fiore Buccieri, as I said earlier. Killing is normal for the mafia, but being such a psycho to skin somebody alive for days only to find out he wasn't even an informant...Who needs such crazy trash, even in the mob? I could understand if they used him just for dirty work, like Mad Sam (who got the fate he deserved), but Buccieri became a high-ranking figure. If somebody like him became boss and one day woke up thinking "I feel like eating a child alive in the street while shooting at passerbys and dancing around"? How can a maniac be trusted with a high ranking position that involves responsibility?
Although there were several mobsters that did that torture/skinning alive murder, but Buccieri was the leader of the squad I think, so I listed only him. Or did Jackie Cerone supervise it? Correct me if I am wrong about this detail.

Last edited by Dwalin2011; 03/19/17 01:34 PM.

1) "You people want a loaf of bread and you throw the crumbs back. Well, fuck you. I ain't closing down."

2) "Get out of here, old man. Go tell Raymond to go shit in his hat. We're not giving you anything."
Re: "Who absolutely deserved to get whacked & who.. [Re: Tonytough] #909005
03/20/17 09:02 AM
03/20/17 09:02 AM
B
bronx Offline
Underboss
bronx  Offline
B
Underboss
testa, longo, just about everyone gas and vic murdered

Re: "Who absolutely deserved to get whacked & who.. [Re: Tonytough] #909039
03/20/17 05:00 PM
03/20/17 05:00 PM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Offline
furio_from_naples  Offline

naples,italy
Thomas Uva and Rosemarie Uva that in 1992 robbed various mafia social clubs. Dom pizzonia killed them in December 1992.

Re: "Who absolutely deserved to get whacked & who.. [Re: southend] #909045
03/20/17 05:48 PM
03/20/17 05:48 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
Originally Posted By: southend
Ricky Tassiello - Jimmy Coonan butchered the kid over $1500 and then bragged to the kids father motioning with his hands how he carried it out. Didn't deserve it

Chris Rosenberg - All around bottom feeder, complete shit stain and waste of human life. Deserved everything he got and more

Roy DeMeo - Genuine, standup guy. Family man, great father and husband. Protected his neighborhood from vacuum salesmen out to pilfer cash for "college tuitions". Gave large majority of his victims the courtesy of being dismembered after death, as opposed to be left in the street like your everyday run-of-the-mill murder victim. Didn't deserve it.

Chris and Roy were both scum so they both desereved it

Last edited by JCrusher; 03/20/17 05:49 PM.
Re: "Who absolutely deserved to get whacked & who.. [Re: Tonytough] #909046
03/20/17 05:55 PM
03/20/17 05:55 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

Mobsters aren't the arbiters of who should or shouldn't be killed.

That's my riposte to the mobsters who espouse the credo that they only killed bad people.

It's probably the fairytale people like Richard Cantarella, Greg Scarpa and Anthony Graziano told their daughters at night so they could sleep soundly in their diamond encrusted cots.

Originally Posted By: GerryLang
Gus Farace, killed a DEA agent, and brought a ton of heat. Louie Milito shouldn't been hit, he was loyal, had a bunch of hits under his belt, money maker, and well liked.

Fritzy Giovanella deserved to be whacked for the same reasons, but he ultimately didn't get whacked.

Milito and Di Bernardo were both victims of Gravano's machiavellian streak.

“John`s a double-crosser. I'm a master double-crosser."

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: "Who absolutely deserved to get whacked & who.. [Re: blueracing347] #909053
03/20/17 07:59 PM
03/20/17 07:59 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
Originally Posted By: blueracing347
I always thought Big Paul didn't deserve it. He was the boss and the boss is the boss. Gotti's crew should've been annihilated. Ruggiero was Gotti's responsibility and they should've been dealt with accordingly.

Agreed. Paul was greedy no doubt BUT he ran the family correctly. he was in the shadows and he concentrated on white collar crimes. Lets be honest gotti and angelo were very lucky they had Neil. Neil was a respected Mafioso BUT he made several mistakes and was always under indictment which is why he would have made a bad boss. Lets put it this way if neil gave up John and angelo like he should have the mafia would probably be stronger today. Don't get me wrong I'm glad the mafia is weak nowadays but I'm just looking at their perspective

Last edited by JCrusher; 03/20/17 08:00 PM.
Re: "Who absolutely deserved to get whacked & who.. [Re: Tonytough] #909137
03/21/17 09:08 PM
03/21/17 09:08 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline
Underboss
far, northwest
chris Rosenberg deserved it, roy demeo deserved it , salvy testa, didn.t deserve it, beginning of the end for scarfo. de simone deserved it, half the guys and women jimmy burke whacked didn't deserve it, as with roy de meo's victims, and scarfo's, and casso's these guys were serial killers posing as bosses, casso, scarfo, de meo, not a boss but a made guy serial killer, man who accidently ran over gotti's kid john favara didn't deserve to die, it was an accident, but gotti being gotti whacked the guy. some women didn't deserve to die,sherry golden killed by de meo hitter henry Borelli, Theresa ferrara, killed by de simone, foxy jethroes sister killed by de simone, angelo sepe's girlfriend joanne Lombardo killed by burke, what ever happened to honor in "this thing"

" watch what you say around this guy, he's got a big mouth" sam giancana to an outfit soldier about frank Sinatra. [ from the book "my way"
Re: "Who absolutely deserved to get whacked & who.. [Re: Tonytough] #909139
03/21/17 10:28 PM
03/21/17 10:28 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

John gotti shouldnt have killed that old capo wgo i belive was from nyc but a transplant to new haven ct. He killed him cause the old guy was bitching about driving into lil italy once a week to report but im sure there was a few other thing to. But why not just bust him down to soldier. My ct friends was that the real reason he died. I also read he was a paul guy maybe he was under piccolo who paul let the genovese kill an gotti thought he was in on it.

Re: "Who absolutely deserved to get whacked & who.. [Re: Tonytough] #909140
03/21/17 10:30 PM
03/21/17 10:30 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

About scarfo did he give anyone a pass? But ue seen the last 2 bosses before him whacked he wasnt letting shit slide. There was no other family on the east coast to loose 2 bosses in 2 yrs back to back. Scarfo was like fuck that im not going out trifecta.

Re: "Who absolutely deserved to get whacked & who.. [Re: Tonytough] #909141
03/21/17 10:31 PM
03/21/17 10:31 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

Dibrizzi?

Re: "Who absolutely deserved to get whacked & who.. [Re: JCrusher] #909189
03/22/17 02:21 PM
03/22/17 02:21 PM
D
Dwalin2011 Offline
Underboss
Dwalin2011  Offline
D
Underboss
Originally Posted By: JCrusher
Neil was a respected Mafioso BUT he made several mistakes and was always under indictment which is why he would have made a bad boss.

He was under indictment, but so was Paul. Had they lived to the sentencing, they would both have gotten 100 years like everybody else (at least there doesn't seem to be any reason to suppose their outcome would have been different from the rest), so this specific factor was a disadvantage for both, not just Neil.

Re: "Who absolutely deserved to get whacked & who.. [Re: Dwalin2011] #909219
03/22/17 08:35 PM
03/22/17 08:35 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Dwalin2011
Neil was a respected Mafioso BUT he made several mistakes and was always under indictment which is why he would have made a bad boss.

He was under indictment, but so was Paul. Had they lived to the sentencing, they would both have gotten 100 years like everybody else (at least there doesn't seem to be any reason to suppose their outcome would have been different from the rest), so this specific factor was a disadvantage for both, not just Neil.

yes I know Paul was under indictment that wasn't my point. Paul didn't get noticed by the FBI until Angelo's wiretaps. The point was that Neil should have given up john and angelo because they caused more damage in the longrun

Re: "Who absolutely deserved to get whacked & who.. [Re: JCrusher] #909306
03/23/17 05:44 PM
03/23/17 05:44 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline
Underboss
far, northwest
Originally Posted By: Dwalin2011

yes I know Paul was under indictment that wasn't my point. Paul didn't get noticed by the FBI until Angelo's wiretaps. The point was that Neil should have given up john and angelo because they caused more damage in the longrun

damn right !

" watch what you say around this guy, he's got a big mouth" sam giancana to an outfit soldier about frank Sinatra. [ from the book "my way"
Re: "Who absolutely deserved to get whacked & who.. [Re: blueracing347] #910504
04/11/17 07:16 PM
04/11/17 07:16 PM
JoeBuster Offline
Wiseguy
JoeBuster  Offline
Wiseguy
If "Big Paul" had not taken out Roy Demeo, Gotti never would of made a move against Him. Especially if Nino Gaggi was still active. Gotti's reign as Boss would of lasted one Month.

Don Corleone, I'm gonna leave you now, because I know you are busy.

Sonny: Mickey Mantle? That's what you're upset about? Mantle makes $100,000 a year. How much does your father make? If your dad ever can't pay the rent and needs money, go ask Mickey Mantle. See what happens. Mickey Mantle don't care about you. Why care about him?

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull