GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 78 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,095
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,355
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,487
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,216
Posts1,056,190
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
What's Driving the Increase in Urban Violence? #905995
02/02/17 01:52 PM
02/02/17 01:52 PM
MrWilliams Offline OP
Button
MrWilliams  Offline OP
Button
A question for some of the more knowledgeable members here,

Whats causing the spike(real or perceived) in violence/crime in American cities recently.

Chicago seems to be getting the major media attention but places across the country from LA, to Milwaukee to Washington DC have seen the same effect.

Offhand I figured it was the booming heroin heroin trade and to a lesser extent gentrification driving this.

I know liberals like to blame guns but this seems to be more of a symptom then an actual cause.

Or it is somthing else entirely/or a mix of all of the above.

I'd def like to hear more!

Thank you in advance!

Re: What's Driving the Increase in Urban Violence? [Re: MrWilliams] #905999
02/02/17 02:53 PM
02/02/17 02:53 PM
ne philly
merlino Offline
jesus quintana
merlino  Offline
jesus quintana
Underboss
ne philly
Basically if you look at the cities and compare them to NYC, which was out of control, it is basically the liberal policies that are running those cities. NYC under Giuliani allowed his police to use different methods to clean up his cities. Rahm Emanuel in Chicago and like the Philly Mayor here are taking tools away from the police to lower the gun violence and one of the biggest tools that can be used but the ACLU screams, is when the police use stop n frisk, which was used in NYC along withe the "Broken Windows" theory applied, which if you have ever been to N Philly or those neighborhoods, you can see none of that being applied because people will scream racism and over zealous infringement of the 4th amendment by the police. Just my 2 cents, there are thousands of citizens who deserve to have their children and themselves be safe and those cities are not doing it

Re: What's Driving the Increase in Urban Violence? [Re: merlino] #906017
02/03/17 03:22 AM
02/03/17 03:22 AM
Y
yatescj7 Offline
Capo
yatescj7  Offline
Y
Capo
Originally Posted By: merlino
Basically if you look at the cities and compare them to NYC, which was out of control, it is basically the liberal policies that are running those cities. NYC under Giuliani allowed his police to use different methods to clean up his cities. Rahm Emanuel in Chicago and like the Philly Mayor here are taking tools away from the police to lower the gun violence and one of the biggest tools that can be used but the ACLU screams, is when the police use stop n frisk, which was used in NYC along withe the "Broken Windows" theory applied, which if you have ever been to N Philly or those neighborhoods, you can see none of that being applied because people will scream racism and over zealous infringement of the 4th amendment by the police. Just my 2 cents, there are thousands of citizens who deserve to have their children and themselves be safe and those cities are not doing it

I agree with 90 percent of your post merlino. Well said and a very informative view. Large cities with major problems should take Giuliani's approach to NYC and use it as a blueprint. Fact check all you want, disagree, but IT WORKED BIG TIME. Liberal policies were destroying big cities and Giuliani realized it. Look at New York now as compared to other major cities.

Re: What's Driving the Increase in Urban Violence? [Re: MrWilliams] #906023
02/03/17 07:05 AM
02/03/17 07:05 AM
S
satch7 Offline
Made Member
satch7  Offline
S
Made Member
F rudi what a racist, ignorant POS. First of all urban America was the first place corporate America took the jobs from.where was the money for retraining? Nixon, Ford, Reagan, and Bush 1/2 did jack SH*t. When did your hear them say anything and they knew what was happening. I was a young man in the 70's they did nothing but carp about liberals just like we going to see now. I cannot remember anything the GOP did to fix poverty in my lifetime. But they will use that bs as a prop to get racist whites to vote for them just like Trump just did. Now watch and see what they do for those working class folks in the red states.i will be surprised if they do anything

Two,the white cops never mess with the real bad asses aka the killers in the big cities, they always messing with poor everyday folks over trivial bs that they escalate into violence. When have you heard about them shooting somebody in Chicago or any other big city who has been terrorizing an area for years? Freaking never,somebody else takes those A-holes out.

Three I have lived in the red dominated states do they have prisons? Yes they freaking do .the GOP dominates a lot of these states, and folks get killed in them every day, and they suck to live in on top of that.you damn cannot pay me to live in them now

Also, the cost of living drove a lot of the blacks with roots in the Carolinas, Virginia, GA back to cheaper areas where they had a chance to buy a home.They have been leaving in droves, why do you think all the deep south red states trying to come up with all that Jim Crow voter suppression crap

Last edited by satch7; 02/03/17 07:25 AM.
Re: What's Driving the Increase in Urban Violence? [Re: MrWilliams] #906034
02/03/17 09:03 AM
02/03/17 09:03 AM
B
Belmont Offline
Underboss
Belmont  Offline
B
Underboss
I disagree. There are plenty of jobs in or around urban area's. Its much more about people making irresponsible decisions that are contributing to urban violence particularly children born out of wedlock with no father figures. In fact, about 90% of violent offenders in urban area's are a great example of this. If community leaders dont fix that problem, urban violence will continue irregardless of uniquitous jobs or no jobs.
Whether they are low paying jobs is irrelevent, you have no skills, you need to start from the bottom. The way to start your life in this tough world isnt having a baby at 18 years old, im sorry.

Last edited by Belmont; 02/03/17 09:06 AM.
Re: What's Driving the Increase in Urban Violence? [Re: MrWilliams] #906037
02/03/17 09:40 AM
02/03/17 09:40 AM
R
RollinBones Offline
Underboss
RollinBones  Offline
R
Underboss
Originally Posted By: MrWilliams
Whats causing the spike(real or perceived) in violence/crime in American cities recently.

Quick answer - a lot of it is perceived. In 90% of cases (including Chicago), crime was worse in past decades. People forget or don't care to realize that in cities like Chicago the police do what the fuck they want regardless of who's in charge. A lot of it is easy to look up but people find it easier to take sensationalist headlines and run with it, mostly so they can deride the 'failed liberal policies'. This entire post is a pretty transparent attempt at that, especially since this isn't even related to organized crime.

Also, if you want to see a liberal city that has decreased crime drastically, just look at Boston. But like I said, in many cases the numbers speak for themselves.

Re: What's Driving the Increase in Urban Violence? [Re: MrWilliams] #906040
02/03/17 11:25 AM
02/03/17 11:25 AM
CT
M
mightyhealthy Offline
Underboss
mightyhealthy  Offline
M
Underboss
CT
What increase? Nationwide, crime rates are historically low.

Re: What's Driving the Increase in Urban Violence? [Re: MrWilliams] #906041
02/03/17 11:26 AM
02/03/17 11:26 AM
CT
M
mightyhealthy Offline
Underboss
mightyhealthy  Offline
M
Underboss
CT
RollingBones, people here just want to blame liberals for everything and ingore facts. My recommendation: don't bother.

Re: What's Driving the Increase in Urban Violence? [Re: MrWilliams] #906042
02/03/17 12:46 PM
02/03/17 12:46 PM
CT
M
mightyhealthy Offline
Underboss
mightyhealthy  Offline
M
Underboss
CT
The reality is crime was dropping before he came in office and also was decreasing nationwide at the time. And, believe it or not, some of these cities that also saw drastic reductions in crime had democratic mayors. Crazy, huh?

Re: What's Driving the Increase in Urban Violence? [Re: MrWilliams] #906064
02/03/17 04:57 PM
02/03/17 04:57 PM
Mississippi - 662
B
BlackFamily Offline
Underboss
BlackFamily  Offline
B
Underboss
Mississippi - 662
It's different for every city. The Underworld is shape by different policies of the local government, community, police, and racketeers/crooks. Some things just hardly ever change and others will adapt to new policies. All respect to NYC for their reduction but their homicide rate wasn't nowhere near Memphis, Birmingham, nor JackTown.

If you think you are too small to make a difference, you haven't spend the night with a mosquito.
- African Proverb
Re: What's Driving the Increase in Urban Violence? [Re: MrWilliams] #906075
02/03/17 07:30 PM
02/03/17 07:30 PM
J
joestrong Offline
Wiseguy
joestrong  Offline
J
Wiseguy
sometimes the most simple, obvious answer is best. urbanites are driving the increase in urban crime...

Re: What's Driving the Increase in Urban Violence? [Re: satch7] #906094
02/04/17 03:18 AM
02/04/17 03:18 AM
Y
yatescj7 Offline
Capo
yatescj7  Offline
Y
Capo
Originally Posted By: satch7
F rudi what a racist, ignorant POS. First of all urban America was the first place corporate America took the jobs from.where was the money for retraining? Nixon, Ford, Reagan, and Bush 1/2 did jack SH*t. When did your hear them say anything and they knew what was happening. I was a young man in the 70's they did nothing but carp about liberals just like we going to see now. I cannot remember anything the GOP did to fix poverty in my lifetime. But they will use that bs as a prop to get racist whites to vote for them just like Trump just did. Now watch and see what they do for those working class folks in the red states.i will be surprised if they do anything

Two,the white cops never mess with the real bad asses aka the killers in the big cities, they always messing with poor everyday folks over trivial bs that they escalate into violence. When have you heard about them shooting somebody in Chicago or any other big city who has been terrorizing an area for years? Freaking never,somebody else takes those A-holes out.

Three I have lived in the red dominated states do they have prisons? Yes they freaking do .the GOP dominates a lot of these states, and folks get killed in them every day, and they suck to live in on top of that.you damn cannot pay me to live in them now

Also, the cost of living drove a lot of the blacks with roots in the Carolinas, Virginia, GA back to cheaper areas where they had a chance to buy a home.They have been leaving in droves, why do you think all the deep south red states trying to come up with all that Jim Crow voter suppression crap
Please keep up with the comments. Showing your true colors. FYI Nobody has paid me to live in MS my whole life. I pay taxes on the contrary. Move to California if you don't like it. And Trump has already done a lot for me. First, I invested 100 percent in my company's stock at 80 a share. It was stagnate the last 3 years under Obama, but the day after the election it jumped up to 92 dollars a share and I have an almost 30 percent rate of return. Thanks Trump. Second, for the last 3 years I was barely getting 40 hours a week, but after the election I am working most Saturdays which pays time and a half and have even gotten Sundays, which pays double time. So, personally, from a Red State Perspective, Trump has already helped Me and My Family out more than Obama ever Did. Thank you Trump for starting to make America Great Again.

Re: What's Driving the Increase in Urban Violence? [Re: yatescj7] #906116
02/04/17 01:59 PM
02/04/17 01:59 PM
Mississippi - 662
B
BlackFamily Offline
Underboss
BlackFamily  Offline
B
Underboss
Mississippi - 662
confused

We sure have different jobs. I was working 48-55 hours a week during that same time frame.

If you think you are too small to make a difference, you haven't spend the night with a mosquito.
- African Proverb
Re: What's Driving the Increase in Urban Violence? [Re: MrWilliams] #906117
02/04/17 02:14 PM
02/04/17 02:14 PM
R
RollinBones Offline
Underboss
RollinBones  Offline
R
Underboss
BlackFam, didn't you hear? Trump called his boss and personally wanted to thank him for his vote with the extra hours lol

Nothing personal, Yates. I don't know you but you gotta admit that's a little far fetched. I take it you gave credit to Obama for every good thing that happened to you over the past 8 years?

Re: What's Driving the Increase in Urban Violence? [Re: MrWilliams] #906126
02/04/17 04:39 PM
02/04/17 04:39 PM
B
Belmont Offline
Underboss
Belmont  Offline
B
Underboss
Bear in mind, Obama went into office when the economy was at its worst, there really was no where to go but up. Anyone who was elected would have taken the advice of the top economists in the country. It was Ben bernanke and a few others that formulated the stradegy. The fed buying treasuries at a rapid rate kept rates artificially low and fund managers and mutual funds searching for yield start to seek out riskier investments such as stock. Portfolio's started to recover giving americans confidence and credit began to thaw out. It really had nothing to do with Obama.
Trump on the other hand can make the economy stronger and create QUALITY jobs not low quality jobs that make the unemployment numbers look better.

Last edited by Belmont; 02/04/17 04:40 PM.
Re: What's Driving the Increase in Urban Violence? [Re: MrWilliams] #906127
02/04/17 05:02 PM
02/04/17 05:02 PM
CT
M
mightyhealthy Offline
Underboss
mightyhealthy  Offline
M
Underboss
CT
^lol

Re: What's Driving the Increase in Urban Violence? [Re: RollinBones] #906133
02/04/17 06:48 PM
02/04/17 06:48 PM
Mississippi - 662
B
BlackFamily Offline
Underboss
BlackFamily  Offline
B
Underboss
Mississippi - 662
lolI hear ya Mighty

Every adminstration got its up and down.

- African Proverb
Re: What's Driving the Increase in Urban Violence? [Re: yatescj7] #906190
02/06/17 12:48 AM
02/06/17 12:48 AM
S
satch7 Offline
Made Member
satch7  Offline
S
Made Member
Originally Posted By: yatescj7

Please keep up with the comments. Showing your true colors. FYI Nobody has paid me to live in MS my whole life. I pay taxes on the contrary. Move to California if you don't like it. And Trump has already done a lot for me. First, I invested 100 percent in my company's stock at 80 a share. It was stagnate the last 3 years under Obama, but the day after the election it jumped up to 92 dollars a share and I have an almost 30 percent rate of return. Thanks Trump. Second, for the last 3 years I was barely getting 40 hours a week, but after the election I am working most Saturdays which pays time and a half and have even gotten Sundays, which pays double time. So, personally, from a Red State Perspective, Trump has already helped Me and My Family out more than Obama ever Did. Thank you Trump for starting to make America Great Again.

I averaged 90,000 during the Obama yrs but I can see this ignorant bastard costing me job if he keeps pissing off the Arabs and the Chinese and they start canceling orders,just like gw bush bs cost me my job in 2003. I moved out of a red state to a blue state by the way in 2008. I have lived in 10 big cities in red and blue states,the quality of life is better in the blue states if you have marketable skills. Mississippi? my mother lives in Meridian, I have visited her ever since she moved back down there from b-more in 1978 that is how I know the GOP has done jack shit and they run that place. i will be there in May

showing colors? get real the folks talking all that liberal this and that bs refuse to look at how the gop never solved any social issues or even attempt to.

Last edited by satch7; 02/06/17 12:55 AM.
Re: What's Driving the Increase in Urban Violence? [Re: satch7] #906273
02/07/17 03:21 AM
02/07/17 03:21 AM
Y
yatescj7 Offline
Capo
yatescj7  Offline
Y
Capo
Originally Posted By: yatescj7

I averaged 90,000 during the Obama yrs but I can see this ignorant bastard costing me job if he keeps pissing off the Arabs and the Chinese and they start canceling orders,just like gw bush bs cost me my job in 2003. I moved out of a red state to a blue state by the way in 2008. I have lived in 10 big cities in red and blue states,the quality of life is better in the blue states if you have marketable skills. Mississippi? my mother lives in Meridian, I have visited her ever since she moved back down there from b-more in 1978 that is how I know the GOP has done jack shit and they run that place. i will be there in May

showing colors? get real the folks talking all that liberal this and that bs refuse to look at how the gop never solved any social issues or even attempt to.
What marketable skills do you speak of? If you're making so much and the quality of life is so much better why does your mom live in a shit hole state like Mississippi? The quality of life is just fine for me and the rest of Southerners. No authentic Mexican food where they serve you yogurt instead of cheese dip. No men using the women's bathrooms. No she-males walking the streets or wino's begging for change on the corner. Quality of life is good here in MS.

Re: What's Driving the Increase in Urban Violence? [Re: RollinBones] #906275
02/07/17 03:32 AM
02/07/17 03:32 AM
Y
yatescj7 Offline
Capo
yatescj7  Offline
Y
Capo
Originally Posted By: RollinBones
BlackFam, didn't you hear? Trump called his boss and personally wanted to thank him for his vote with the extra hours lol

Nothing personal, Yates. I don't know you but you gotta admit that's a little far fetched. I take it you gave credit to Obama for every good thing that happened to you over the past 8 years?

If you believe everything the media says it's not only far fetched, it's totally false. But to the average law abiding tax paying citizen with a family to care for it is the gospel. And the best argument I have to prove my opinion is...LOOK WHO IS PRESIDENT. Trump wasn't elected because people are racists. We don't hate gay people, we don't hate Mexicans or Muslims or immigration for that matter as long as they aren't criminals trying to get into the U.S. The main reason Trump was elected was because of the jobs issue. Middle Class was ignored, hung out to dry, and HRC didn't even give a thought to campaign to average middle class families such as ones in the Rust Belt that have seen their jobs go overseas. So it may be far fetched in your opinion, but for so many it is the harshest of realities. And what sent us over the edge was that the government didn't even care to do it. They would care more to help out a Syrian Refugee family than they would an average American family. And that is why you have Trump as President, with a Majority Republican House and Senate. And instead of waking up and realizing this the Libs and Media are doubling down on the view that we are uneducated racists idiots. I work in Environmental at a major US company. My mother is an CRNA and was a Nurse 20 years before she was a CRNA. We are far from uneducated.

Re: What's Driving the Increase in Urban Violence? [Re: MrWilliams] #906287
02/07/17 11:01 AM
02/07/17 11:01 AM
ne philly
merlino Offline
jesus quintana
merlino  Offline
jesus quintana
Underboss
ne philly
Yates well said....and the fact the democratic party is sooo out of touch with middle america speaks volumes of their position on many issues, as someone who lives in the south but does make it 1xmonth to the NE, you can see totall differences in ideas and social issues, teh south labled as racist is totally disrespctful for all the good people that live in these areas. The US is a better place when there are 2 or more competent political parties but the dems haved moved so far out of touch it is destroying themselves and many cities. There needs to be a dem that leads and distances the party from the celebs and the alt left, that is running and ruining the democratic party

Re: What's Driving the Increase in Urban Violence? [Re: merlino] #906332
02/08/17 04:50 AM
02/08/17 04:50 AM
Y
yatescj7 Offline
Capo
yatescj7  Offline
Y
Capo
Originally Posted By: merlino
Yates well said....and the fact the democratic party is sooo out of touch with middle america speaks volumes of their position on many issues, as someone who lives in the south but does make it 1xmonth to the NE, you can see totall differences in ideas and social issues, teh south labled as racist is totally disrespctful for all the good people that live in these areas. The US is a better place when there are 2 or more competent political parties but the dems haved moved so far out of touch it is destroying themselves and many cities. There needs to be a dem that leads and distances the party from the celebs and the alt left, that is running and ruining the democratic party

You're right. 100 percent. You can get on a plane and come to the South and I guarantee you, no matter who you are, no matter if your white, black, or green. Whether your gay, bi, transgender or whatever most everyone in the South will be respectful to you. They might not agree with you, but they won't harass you. You get on a plane and go to San Fran or Boston or Chicago or L.A. with a Trump hat on you are going to get harassed and assaulted. Speaks volumes about who are the really tolerant democracy loving people and who are the idiots that aren't tolerant as they claim to be.

Re: What's Driving the Increase in Urban Violence? [Re: MrWilliams] #906338
02/08/17 09:29 AM
02/08/17 09:29 AM
blueracing347 Offline
Underboss
blueracing347  Offline
Underboss
I posted back in November about this bullshit. I live in FL, we have everyone/thing here. I don't believe nor follow everyone else's ideas nor should anyone follow mine. I go to NYC for the weekend and holy shit. Just about had to beat some miserable homosexual's ass on the subway. A simple conversation turns into "you're from the red state that made us lose the election." I was proud of myself for not getting nasty but listening to his reasoning for getting a bunch of heads to turn to our direction. But after a few minutes I had to stick the knife deeper and tell him that me and the three guys surrounding him voted for trump. Everyone else looked the other way. If we were younger he could've had a horrible recovery. My point is, you need to mind your business and respect everyone's views. My journey in life brought me to my belief in certain ideologies. As long as you don't present an immediate threat to my family and country, do what you gotta do to make yourself happy.

Re: What's Driving the Increase in Urban Violence? [Re: blueracing347] #906390
02/08/17 09:46 PM
02/08/17 09:46 PM
n.e.philly
hoodlum Offline
Underboss
hoodlum  Offline
Underboss
n.e.philly
Originally Posted By: blueracing347
I posted back in November about this bullshit. I live in FL, we have everyone/thing here. I don't believe nor follow everyone else's ideas nor should anyone follow mine. I go to NYC for the weekend and holy shit. Just about had to beat some miserable homosexual's ass on the subway. A simple conversation turns into "you're from the red state that made us lose the election." I was proud of myself for not getting nasty but listening to his reasoning for getting a bunch of heads to turn to our direction. But after a few minutes I had to stick the knife deeper and tell him that me and the three guys surrounding him voted for trump. Everyone else looked the other way. If we were younger he could've had a horrible recovery. My point is, you need to mind your business and respect everyone's views. My journey in life brought me to my belief in certain ideologies. As long as you don't present an immediate threat to my family and country, do what you gotta do to make yourself happy.
I very quickly & happily acknowledge that.. i dont give a shit who ,says,what,where or why ..I ,,just got done telling my dear wife that I dont stand down 4 NOBODY,I say what i think, feel, & believe..in the beginning ,I voted against trump,,but now fellas?....Im fucking glad..someone once said that they dont lock their doors @ nite cause they DONT hate the people outside,,they lock their doors because they love the people inside their house..FIGURE IT OUT PEOPLE!!!

Last edited by hoodlum; 02/08/17 09:53 PM.

I didn't want to leave blood on your carpet...

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull