GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (RushStreet), 125 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,094
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,353
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,485
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,214
Posts1,056,172
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 18 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 17 18
Re: NEWS 2017 [Re: J Geoff] #909649
03/28/17 04:02 PM
03/28/17 04:02 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
No Kindle? You lost me on that one, buddy. If Kindle was discussed I missed it. Anyway, the Kindle app is available for computers and phones as a free download. (Hey, Amazon.com, do I get points for free advertising? LOL)

Gets, One thing that I'm doing that you're probably not doing, at least to the extent that I am, is studying the object over the subject. What do I mean? I mean study the belief more than the believers. And when I study the belief, what is the best thing to study? The original sources.

Since most Muslims don't intently study the Quran and the Hadith, they get what they know from their imams. If the imam leans to the moderate side, then so will the congregation. Of course if specific members start studying the Quran and Hadith for themselves they may become fundamentalist/radicalized. New converts may take their religion more seriously than those "born into it." We've all heard stories about pastor's kids going wild, rejecting the beliefs and/or behaviors of their parents. Those born into it may take their beliefs for granted. They'll do the 5 pillars...maybe. They may become Muslims in name only. New converts will study the sources and try to follow them. They don't want to be Muslims in name only. So it's not just that the new converts are losers (although many are), it's that they are taking their newfound faith seriously.

African Americans involved in crime or in prison may be led to Islam because they are told that Christianity is the "White man's religion" and that Islam will give them purpose and order. They are not aware that Muhammad emphasized that he was a white man and had anti-black racist tendencies. That it was Islam that started the East African slave trade, which spread to West Africa. They aren't taught that the European Atlantic slave trade lasted for about 400 years, but the Muslim slave trade lasted for over 1000 years -- and still exists today. If they were aware of these things then maybe they would realize that Islam is more of a "White man's religion" than Christianity ever was. (If you want the sources, please feel free to ask.)

My point about colonization, at least British colonization, is that it wasn't 100% evil. Let's say it was 60% evil. It was less evil than Nazi Germany, what the Germans did to the Herrero and what King Leopold did to the Congo.

Once again comparing Islam, the Islamic conquests that started with Muhammad himself were acts of colonization. Islamic colonization started hundreds of years before the British. By the time the British invaded India, Muslims had already massacred tens of millions. Some estimate almost 300 million Indians lost their lives to Muslim colonizers. If true, then Islam has killed more people than the Communists, Nazis and Crusaders combined.

Re: NEWS 2017 [Re: Faithful1] #909652
03/28/17 04:42 PM
03/28/17 04:42 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
F1,

the No kindle comment is an old reference that we both used as a joke when we used to get into the long drawn out discussions( as in I'll keep it short so that one doesn't need a kindle to read it, like an ebook)

I agree with your point about most people not reading Holy Books for themselves, I pointed out the violence in the OT and Revelations as examples of passages that I'd guess most Christians haven't read or are aware of to make sense of them. Sure it applies to followers of Islam. So you have devout members of faiths who are more aware of the kindler gentler aspects of their faiths.

Western education covers Europe and the Western Hemisphere, so certainly most Americans of all backgrounds wouldn't be aware of the Arab slave trade. The poor people who make decisions that land them in prison for violent offenses would be less likely to be aware of those atrocities. African American prisoners carry the last names of their former enslavers* so it's an easy sell to gloss over the Islamic slave trade and get them to buy the "blue eyed devil" speech. Malcolm X noted how easy it was for his brother to sell him that yarn as he sat in prison....in the Autobiography.

*As do those of us from other parts of the diaspora.

In both instances...slave trade and colonization was condoned by the highest religious leaders. It's documented.Sure they found bits of their Holy books to justify it. Commerce more than anything else.

Re: NEWS 2017 [Re: J Geoff] #909666
03/28/17 06:37 PM
03/28/17 06:37 PM
G
gangstereport Offline
Underboss
gangstereport  Offline
G
Underboss
A US army general has said coalition forces "probably" played a role in the 17 March air strike on west Mosul which may have killed more than 100 people

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-39421435

its stuff like this why so many in the middle east hate the west. People who lose family and friends in stuff like this are probably easy for groups like ISIS to convince to join them.

and in other news

Trump signs order undoing Obama climate change policies

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-39415631

fucking idiot

Last edited by gangstereport; 03/28/17 06:40 PM.

Not connected with scott or anyone at gangsterreport

Sorry for the confusion
Re: NEWS 2017 [Re: J Geoff] #909679
03/28/17 08:23 PM
03/28/17 08:23 PM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
People call me all the time to ask if I want solar to protect the environment. Solar panels are ugly. If you have an older roof they can fuck up your roof. So I tell them no.

Ask any politician if the want a field of windmills near their homes fucking up their view see what they say.

Obama liked climate change regulations because his friends invested in it. Plus he got money for pushing it. He my friend is a scumbag.

only the unloved hate
Re: NEWS 2017 [Re: getthesenets] #909709
03/29/17 03:18 AM
03/29/17 03:18 AM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
Gets,

Thanks for explaining the Kindle joke. Learn something new everyday.

I forgot to respond to the Book of Revelation question. Revelation is a prophetic book and doesn't contain commands that believers are to go around slaughtering. It's descriptive, not proscriptive. It's also figurative and symbolic.

So to reiterate, the Old Testament has passages that describe what happened, and that included temporal commands to go to war or even what might be called ethnic cleansing. In context, it was against groups that had been attacking the Hebrews, and the ethnic cleansing was never fully carried out. The Philistines, for example, continued to fight and terrorize the Hebrews/Israelites for hundreds of years. Amorites and Hittites continue to get mentioned as well.

In the New Testament there are NO commands, none, zero, to go to war in a literal sense and to kill others. What there is includes commands like "Love your enemies" and "Pray for those who spitefully use you." The apostle John even says that if one does not love his brother then he's not really a Christian.

In Islam, it teaches that one day the ummah, or Muslim community, will be everywhere all over the world:

"Allah drew the ends of the world near one another for my sake. And I have seen its eastern and western ends. And the dominion of my Ummah would reach those ends which have been drawn near me and I have been granted the red and the white treasure and I begged my Lord for my Ummah that it should not be destroyed because of famine, nor be dominated by an enemy who is not amongst them to take their lives and destroy them root and branch, and my Lord said: Muhammad, whenever I make a decision, there is none to change it. I grant you for your Ummah that it would not be destroyed by famine and it would not be dominated by an enemy who would not be amongst it and would take their lives and destroy them root and branch even if all the people from the different parts of the world join hands together (for this purpose), but it would be from amongst them, viz. your Ummah, that some people would kill the others or imprison the others." https://sunnah.com/muslim/54

How will this happen? By people converting to Islam, by having lots of Muslim children, but killing apostates and by war.

"I am with you: give firmness to the Believers: I will instill terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers: smite ye above their necks and smite all their finger-tips off them." Quran 8:12
http://corpus.quran.com/translation.jsp?chapter=8&verse=12

Some will claim that the above verse was Muhammad at the Battle of Badr, and then leave it there. That's not entirely true. Muhammad is considered "the perfect model for humanity," and everything he did continues to apply today. His actions and sayings are called the Sunnah, and Muslims are to "Obey God and the Messenger so that you may be blessed" (Quran 3:132). In other words, everything that Muhammad did in the 7th century still applies today.

Re: NEWS 2017 [Re: Faithful1] #909758
03/29/17 09:33 PM
03/29/17 09:33 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
F1,

Good points.However Christians haven't discarded the Old Testament. Religious rules and doctrine are crafted from words from the OT.....and sermons in churches quote and teach from it every Sunday.

Christianity encompasses various schools,denominations, and traditions and there is no consensus about which lines,verses or laws are or were temporal.

I will concede that the passages we've discussed ARE specifically about Hebrews and distinct rival groups but what do you think of the passages that address Apostasy?

Specifically Deut. 13 verse 6 to 10..those verses are bolded and the entire chapter is quoted.

6 If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers;

7 Namely, of the gods of the people which are round about you, nigh unto thee, or far off from thee, from the one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth;

8 Thou shalt not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him; neither shall thine eye pity him, neither shalt thou spare, neither shalt thou conceal him:

9 But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people.

10 And thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die; because he hath sought to thrust thee away from the Lord thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage.

Quote:

Deuteronomy 13King James Version (KJV)

13 If there arise among you a prophet, or a dreamer of dreams, and giveth thee a sign or a wonder,

2 And the sign or the wonder come to pass, whereof he spake unto thee, saying, Let us go after other gods, which thou hast not known, and let us serve them;

3 Thou shalt not hearken unto the words of that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams: for the Lord your God proveth you, to know whether ye love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul.

4 Ye shall walk after the Lord your God, and fear him, and keep his commandments, and obey his voice, and ye shall serve him, and cleave unto him.

5 And that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams, shall be put to death; because he hath spoken to turn you away from the Lord your God, which brought you out of the land of Egypt, and redeemed you out of the house of bondage, to thrust thee out of the way which the Lord thy God commanded thee to walk in. So shalt thou put the evil away from the midst of thee.

6 If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers;

7 Namely, of the gods of the people which are round about you, nigh unto thee, or far off from thee, from the one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth;

8 Thou shalt not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him; neither shall thine eye pity him, neither shalt thou spare, neither shalt thou conceal him:

9 But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people.

10 And thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die; because he hath sought to thrust thee away from the Lord thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage.

11 And all Israel shall hear, and fear, and shall do no more any such wickedness as this is among you.

12 If thou shalt hear say in one of thy cities, which the Lord thy God hath given thee to dwell there, saying,

13 Certain men, the children of Belial, are gone out from among you, and have withdrawn the inhabitants of their city, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which ye have not known;

14 Then shalt thou enquire, and make search, and ask diligently; and, behold, if it be truth, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought among you;

15 Thou shalt surely smite the inhabitants of that city with the edge of the sword, destroying it utterly, and all that is therein, and the cattle thereof, with the edge of the sword.

16 And thou shalt gather all the spoil of it into the midst of the street thereof, and shalt burn with fire the city, and all the spoil thereof every whit, for the Lord thy God: and it shall be an heap for ever; it shall not be built again.

17 And there shall cleave nought of the cursed thing to thine hand: that the Lord may turn from the fierceness of his anger, and shew thee mercy, and have compassion upon thee, and multiply thee, as he hath sworn unto thy fathers;

18 When thou shalt hearken to the voice of the Lord thy God, to keep all his commandments which I command thee this day, to do that which is right in the eyes of the Lord thy God.

Re: NEWS 2017 [Re: J Geoff] #909768
03/29/17 11:21 PM
03/29/17 11:21 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
Gets,

If Deuteronomy 13:6-10 was every followed, it was rare. The OT is full of examples of Hebrews and Israelites who went after other gods and were not killed. Nothing happened to them at all. As for Christians, death for apostasy wasn't practiced either, except possibly during the Inquisition. The Inquisition was primarily a Roman Catholic response to the Islamic conquests, by the way.

Re: NEWS 2017 [Re: J Geoff] #910003
04/03/17 08:46 AM
04/03/17 08:46 AM
G
gangstereport Offline
Underboss
gangstereport  Offline
G
Underboss
St Petersburg metro explosions kill ten - media

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-39481770

this is probably muslim extremists or Chechen rebels we will have to see but put it like this whoever did this Putin and Russia are going to go crazy

Last edited by gangstereport; 04/03/17 08:46 AM.

Sorry for the confusion
Re: NEWS 2017 [Re: J Geoff] #910037
04/03/17 09:46 PM
04/03/17 09:46 PM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
No it must have been ordered by trump right gangster report smile

only the unloved hate
Re: NEWS 2017 [Re: J Geoff] #910042
04/04/17 08:28 AM
04/04/17 08:28 AM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
I just had a friend of mine laser the blade of my randle 14 "make America great again"'. Now it is really a collectors knife.

only the unloved hate
Re: NEWS 2017 [Re: Footreads] #910048
04/04/17 11:27 AM
04/04/17 11:27 AM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
Gangster,

thanks.Rest In Peace to the innocent people who were just going about their day, living their lives.

Cabrini's point about how Russia is portrayed is playing out now. No outpouring of concern for the loss of human life that occured when other terrorist attacks happen elsewhere. No social media memes, or headlines. The silence is loud.

I'm thinking about the song that Sting dropped during the Cold War about "Russians love their children too"

Re: NEWS 2017 [Re: J Geoff] #910049
04/04/17 12:11 PM
04/04/17 12:11 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Get, when you look at the history of the non-western nations, you do not find democracy and all of the virtues and pursuit of virtues that accrue to it. We in the west have evolved, through our histories, a pursuit of those virtues. We pursue freedoms of press, speech, and religion. In fact, we anger some Americans because we allow too much freedom. Non-western nations have no such history.

China has been either a dictatorship or an oligarchy since the BC period; Russia is now a faux democracy and has been a dictatorship or oligarchy since the Rus came out of the Russian stepps over a 1,000 years ago. The same is true for the nations of Asia and eastern Europe. Thankfully, the nations of eastern Europe, under the umbrella of NATO, have the opportunity to develop the virtues of democracy. Except for Israel, pursuit of democracy is just about a lost cause in the middle east and Africa.

So yes, the silence about human tragedy is loud in those nations.

Last edited by olivant; 04/04/17 12:16 PM.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: NEWS 2017 [Re: olivant] #910052
04/04/17 01:01 PM
04/04/17 01:01 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
Oli.

Interesting post. I should have clarified that I meant the lack of concern by people here for the loss of lives. As if the deaths somehow mean less than if they occurred somewhere else. People who were targeted have NOTHING to do with whatever beef or rationale the terrorists have.

I know that it's easy for me to write this here in USA, but I don't think democracy is a one-size-fits-all system. In nature, certain plants or animals are not suited to survive in certain climates. I think that democracy won't take root in many places, and that there will be growing pains in the places where it does take root. This country, most notably, survived the Civil War less than 100 years after coming together. And remember, USA was a country of mostly immigrants, not an existing country with centuries of ethnic/religious/regional/class conflicts and history of another system.

Re: NEWS 2017 [Re: J Geoff] #910070
04/04/17 03:04 PM
04/04/17 03:04 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
But Gets, that's one of the points of my post. Despite the millennia during which these nations have existed, they've made no progress toward recognizing the proper relationship between those who govern and those that are governed. Such was the case of Japan. From feuding lords to emperors to Shoguns then back to emperors then to some faux democracy under the Meiji system then to the imperialist system and eventually the Tojo government. Finally democracy takes hold but only after it is forced on Japan.

Re: NEWS 2017 [Re: J Geoff] #910084
04/04/17 07:50 PM
04/04/17 07:50 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
Democracy isn't all that it's cracked up to be. The USA didn't start calling itself a democracy until the presidency of Woodrow Wilson, the president who got us into World War I and the League of Nations (and instituted Jim Crow in Washington DC). Before that it was a republic. Technically, it still is a republic and not a democracy, which is where the citizen votes for laws instead of a representative. A democracy can be one of the worst forms of tyranny.

What makes many modern nations better than older ones isn't "democracy," but it's having a constitution with checks and balances.

Re: NEWS 2017 [Re: olivant] #910087
04/04/17 08:24 PM
04/04/17 08:24 PM
G
gangstereport Offline
Underboss
gangstereport  Offline
G
Underboss
Originally Posted By: olivant

So yes, the silence about human tragedy is loud in those nations.

that is completely false in Russia the country is mourning just look at there press its the top story don't know why you think some countries because of there political leadership don't also mourn tradgies in the west US in particular no one cares because people don't like or care about Russians its disgusting really hating the way Russia is governed and acts in the world is one thing not caring about innocents losing there lives is very different

I don't like the way Russia acts in the world but the west US in particular have no right to really be judging other countries like Russia when they have caused as much if not more damage In the world than Russia. Don't get why so many of the anti Russia supporters never say anything about China or Saudi Arabia either remember when Trump got elected there was all those protests now don't get me wrong the guy is an idiot and out of his depth but why is there no protests about these countries who are killing innocents on a daily basis and the west is still treating them like strong allies so hypocritical

Sorry for the confusion
Re: NEWS 2017 [Re: J Geoff] #910107
04/05/17 12:48 PM
04/05/17 12:48 PM
Past caring, then hang a left
H
helenwheels Offline
Underboss
helenwheels  Offline
H
Underboss
Past caring, then hang a left
Steve Bannon Removed from National Security Council

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/04/...curity-council/

All God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

I never met anyone who didn't have a very smart child. What happens to these children, you wonder, when they reach adulthood?

Re: NEWS 2017 [Re: helenwheels] #910108
04/05/17 12:57 PM
04/05/17 12:57 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Originally Posted By: helenwheels
Steve Bannon Removed from National Security Council

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/04/...curity-council/

It turns out he was eating all the meetings' donuts.

Last edited by olivant; 04/05/17 12:57 PM.

Re: NEWS 2017 [Re: J Geoff] #910115
04/05/17 03:02 PM
04/05/17 03:02 PM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
There is a millionaire footballer who does not like the change that will inevitably take place in Germany concerning letting in any muslem who wants to come in. He is your typical white getman master race type who talks liberal now.

This is what I posted I have a place in Berlin I go in the warmer weather. To see my grandson and my daughter they live there. Plenty of Turkish muslems live there. They live in poverty there. They may let them into Germany but they are not treated like other Germans. Most of the Turkish make their money from selling things from carts. The only ones that have businesses are places like Turkish restraunts. Where their relatives pool their money together. Like families here did during the depression so they would have work. They heat their apartments with dirty coal. Regular Germans use what we use. Rich Germans use solar. The Turks are not assimilated in Germany society they live separated. So this German footballer thinks he knows what goes on in Germany he doesn't.

only the unloved hate
Re: NEWS 2017 [Re: Footreads] #910145
04/05/17 10:44 PM
04/05/17 10:44 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
New entry in the "words coming back like a boomerang to haunt me" category is this from Bill O'reilly from 2004

http://www.mtv.com/news/1457357/ludacris...for-soda-giant/

Last week, Fox News Channel's conservative ranter Bill O'Reilly denounced the soda giant for choosing Ludacris to appear in Pepsi ads, calling him a "thug rapper" who "espouses violence, intoxication, and degrading conduct toward women."

Pepsi dropped Ludacris

O'Reilly commended Pepsi's move, stating, "Americans should let the merchants of bad taste know that hiring corrupters and incompetents is not acceptable."

Re: NEWS 2017 [Re: getthesenets] #910174
04/06/17 02:33 PM
04/06/17 02:33 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
company formerly known as Taser offers FREE body cams and cloud storage(for one year) for all law enforcement officers.

Re: NEWS 2017 [Re: J Geoff] #910213
04/06/17 10:02 PM
04/06/17 10:02 PM
NJ/CA
Alfanosgirl Offline
Underboss
Alfanosgirl  Offline
Underboss
NJ/CA
Trump launches attack on Syria with more than 50 tomahawk missiles

http://www.latimes.com/politics/washingt...-htmlstory.html

Re: NEWS 2017 [Re: J Geoff] #910215
04/06/17 10:36 PM
04/06/17 10:36 PM
G
gangstereport Offline
Underboss
gangstereport  Offline
G
Underboss
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-39523654

just seen that aswell looks like Assad went too far even for Trump this could be the beginning of the end of an US-Russian alliance because this will cause tensions to rise not even Obama who did not get on with Russia ever bomb Assad and admit to it and i know the US have said they "informed" Russia before the bombing even if true i doubt they were happy about it

I don't know maybe I am wrong on this but i watched the interview of Trump after the reports of that chemical attack came out he actually for the first time i can remember him admitting he was wrong on Syria and he had changed his opinion on Syria it was interesting looks like this whole incident has changed his view maybe he is starting to realize how serious his job is. He is currently out of his depth he needs to learn fast because its easier saying this stuff but actually governing like he has seen on this is very different

As for the bombing itself i morally agree with it Assad is evil what he is doing to his people and these chemical attacks need to be stopped but is it the best move? diplomatically probably not but i don't think Trump comes out badly in this (for once) he can say he is protecting innocent civilians while also showing his leadership and America to be a "dominant" power

Last edited by gangstereport; 04/06/17 10:41 PM.

Sorry for the confusion
Re: NEWS 2017 [Re: J Geoff] #910219
04/06/17 11:40 PM
04/06/17 11:40 PM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
This is just a guess but Assad won plus he had the backing of the Russians why would he use those weapons in Syria. It does not make sense for him to do it. He already won.

Second question where did those weapons come from in the first place. Syrian scientist developed weapons of mass destruction? Remember I said the Russians could have taken them with them when they left Iraq just before we went to war with Iraq. I think Isis had them and just used them on civilians. I think trump was played by his military. Well to late now to change anything.

only the unloved hate
Re: NEWS 2017 [Re: J Geoff] #910226
04/07/17 05:10 AM
04/07/17 05:10 AM
Alfa Romeo Offline
Underboss
Alfa Romeo  Offline
Underboss
Quote:
just seen that aswell looks like Assad went too far even for Trump this could be the beginning of the end of an US-Russian alliance because this will cause tensions to rise not even Obama who did not get on with Russia ever bomb Assad and admit to it and i know the US have said they "informed" Russia before the bombing even if true i doubt they were happy about it

Russia tries to portray itself as the alternative to America. But did you hear about the Iranian accusations that Russia shared their launch codes with the Israelis? Putin is nothing but a CIA asset. Any enemy of the West hiding behind Putin has misplaced trust. You see how Putin was warned about the strikes...

Quote:
I don't know maybe I am wrong on this but i watched the interview of Trump after the reports of that chemical attack came out he actually for the first time i can remember him admitting he was wrong on Syria and he had changed his opinion on Syria it was interesting looks like this whole incident has changed his view maybe he is starting to realize how serious his job is. He is currently out of his depth he needs to learn fast because its easier saying this stuff but actually governing like he has seen on this is very different

No one can hold someone like Donald Trump to a statement or a promise. He is about what is expedient. Whatever candidates say on the campaign trail is tempered by intelligence briefings once they actually get into the halls of power.

Quote:
As for the bombing itself i morally agree with it Assad is evil what he is doing to his people and these chemical attacks need to be stopped but is it the best move? diplomatically probably not but i don't think Trump comes out badly in this (for once) he can say he is protecting innocent civilians while also showing his leadership and America to be a "dominant" power

I don't think it's really about if Assad is evil, or if what he did was wrong. The laws says a president can only launch the military without Congressional approval for short periods of time and only if it's in the interest of national security. The main question then in judging Trump's decision is, was it in the interest of US national security. Some are going to argue no. Some are going to argue yes.

Quote:
This is just a guess but Assad won plus he had the backing of the Russians why would he use those weapons in Syria. It does not make sense for him to do it. He already won.

For all we know, the Russians did the gas attack so that Assad would be blamed and taken out. As laypersons we simply have no clue.

Quote:
Second question where did those weapons come from in the first place. Syrian scientist developed weapons of mass destruction?

They're just chemical weapons, not nano technology or anything.

Quote:
Remember I said the Russians could have taken them with them when they left Iraq just before we went to war with Iraq. I think Isis had them and just used them on civilians.

Your guess is as good as anyones, seriously.

Quote:
I think trump was played by his military. Well to late now to change anything.

Even for a president, or a "deep state" actor that is privy to above top secret info, I think a total grasp of a situation is not always guaranteed. This is why Trump needs to follow the law. It was written a certain way for a reason.

"For us, rubbin'out a Mustache was just like makin' way for a new building, like we was in the construction business."
Re: NEWS 2017 [Re: Alfa Romeo] #910232
04/07/17 07:36 AM
04/07/17 07:36 AM
G
gangstereport Offline
Underboss
gangstereport  Offline
G
Underboss

More detail on the airstrike. Looks like Russia have said they are furious with the airstrike.
Quote:

Dmitry Peskov, spokesman for Russian President Vladimir Putin, called it "an act of aggression against a sovereign nation".
Meanwhile, the Russian foreign ministry said it was suspending a deal with the US that was designed to prevent clashes in the skies over Syria as the two countries wage different campaigns.

Sorry for the confusion
Re: NEWS 2017 [Re: gangstereport] #910236
04/07/17 09:24 AM
04/07/17 09:24 AM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
Originally Posted By: gangstereport

More detail on the airstrike. Looks like Russia have said they are furious with the airstrike.
[quote]
Dmitry Peskov, spokesman for Russian President Vladimir Putin, called it "an act of aggression against a sovereign nation".
Meanwhile, the Russian foreign ministry said it was suspending a deal with the US that was designed to prevent clashes in the skies over Syria as the two countries wage different campaigns.

That is a stupid move. Their is an accident then what?

only the unloved hate
Re: NEWS 2017 [Re: J Geoff] #910241
04/07/17 10:09 AM
04/07/17 10:09 AM
G
gangstereport Offline
Underboss
gangstereport  Offline
G
Underboss
looks like there has been another terrorist attack today in Stockholm not even surprised anymore I don't know how the West deals with these animals how do you stop an attack like this

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-39531108
A lorry has driven into a store in central Stockholm, killing at least three people, Swedish media say.

Last edited by gangstereport; 04/07/17 10:10 AM.

Sorry for the confusion
Re: NEWS 2017 [Re: gangstereport] #910251
04/07/17 12:47 PM
04/07/17 12:47 PM
UK
D
dsd Offline
Capo
dsd  Offline
D
Capo
UK
Originally Posted By: gangstereport

Quote:

Amazing that the Americans/West, have investigated and decided that Assad/ Syrian GOVERNMENT ( yes, government. Which it is, not who the west thinks it should be) are responsible for a chemical attack. Took them all of 2 days to investigate and guess what people: ASSAD done it.Who would've thought that eh, USA/West do an unbiased investigation and their proclaimed enemy is responsible.

2 days to investigate a foreign powers actions but the Americans need 2++++ weeks to investigate their own actions when they f**k up and kill 200 in " terrible mistake " in airstrikes on MOSUL HOSPITAL.

Also I see the Mosul airstrike dead casualties amount is going way up.

http://www.latimes.com/world/middleeast/la-fg-iraq-mosul-casualties-20170405-story.html

Propaganda rules:
Overstate casualties from the actions by the enemy. Put truer numbers later when story loses impact

Understate casualties caused by yourself/ allies.

Attack in Sweden, damn that will keep daily mail/right wingers busy typing away for next few days.

Don't you know: SWEDEN IS UNDER SHARIA LAW

Re: NEWS 2017 [Re: J Geoff] #910254
04/07/17 01:19 PM
04/07/17 01:19 PM
UK
D
dsd Offline
Capo
dsd  Offline
D
Capo
UK
It seems that many people agree that armed response can and should be used to settle disputes (US/UK airstrikes) , BUT only some types of armed response's are correct.

Funny enough, the armed response acceptable to warmongerers in UK/USA is the type where they have a huge advantage. ie; formal army/navy.

The other types of armed fighting are not acceptable.

Page 10 of 18 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 17 18

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull