GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (British), 111 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,094
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,352
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,485
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,213
Posts1,056,153
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 18 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 17 18
Re: NEWS 2017 [Re: J Geoff] #907478
02/25/17 05:29 AM
02/25/17 05:29 AM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
I think you guys think every thing is going great with the Russian economy. It isn't but their people love Putin because they think he takes no shit.

Russians here in Brooklyn love Putin. Get a chance to talk to a Russian here ask him about Putin and tell us what they say..

On Obama his approval rating was high because a lot of people like him as a person. Ask those who can't find work if they like his job approval see what they say.

only the unloved hate
Re: NEWS 2017 [Re: J Geoff] #907484
02/25/17 08:04 AM
02/25/17 08:04 AM
Upstate, NY
thedudeabides87 Offline
Underboss
thedudeabides87  Offline
Underboss
Upstate, NY
Or anyone who cares about civil liberties and privacy

The Dude: And, you know, he's got emotional problems, man.
Walter Sobchak: You mean... beyond pacifism?

Walter Sobchak: This guy f*cking walks. I've never been so sure of anything in my entire life
Re: NEWS 2017 [Re: Alfa Romeo] #907488
02/25/17 08:30 AM
02/25/17 08:30 AM
G
gangstereport Offline
Underboss
gangstereport  Offline
G
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Alfa Romeo
Originally Posted By: gangstereport
he played Obama I cant even imagine what he is doing to do to Trump. I am all for the West and Russia to start working closely together I even encourage it there is bigger threats at the moment with terriosm

Hello Gangstereport.

How exactly did Putin play Obama?

How can the West and Russia work closely together if Putin is busy playing the American president whomever that might happen to be?

Did you know there is a connection between Russia and Islamic fundamentalists?

Putin made Obama look like an jdiot with Ukraine it was an embarrassment for the US and EU. He played Obama in Syria when the US tried to help terrorists beat Assads government then as soon as they started winning he just backed Syrian Government who are now winning the US is losing at its own game. Turkey which is now a US ally is now a Russian because the US backed a coup which they lost. He hacked the Democratic partys emails which is an embarrassment US meant to be the most powerful country in the world but your getting hacked by a broke country not even close to the US strength.

2)Funny you misquoted a tiny section of what I said read what I said I would like for the west and Russia to work together however it could be impossible because Russia could have ulterior motives.

3) lol lol lol How about the US you guys are the biggest sponsors and creators of terrorists you guys are the reason the world is in a mess you helped create Al Qaeda and ISIS fucked up the middle East look at Iraq, Libya and Syria that's on you guys no one else what you just said is the most hypocrite anti Russian programmed I have seen on this site where do you get your news from? Who are these Islamic fundamentalists they are supporting Assad government? really compared to ISIS and Syrian Al Qaeda rebels you guys have helped what a joke this is why whole world thinks you guys are the biggest hypocrites

I am no Russia supporter I have always condemned there actions but some of the stuff I read especially in the US media about Russia is ridiculous. I consider the US to be just as bad if not worse than Russia when it comes to foreign policy

Last edited by gangstereport; 02/25/17 08:31 AM.

Not connected with scott or anyone at gangsterreport

Sorry for the confusion
Re: NEWS 2017 [Re: gangstereport] #907492
02/25/17 09:21 AM
02/25/17 09:21 AM
Alfa Romeo Offline
Underboss
Alfa Romeo  Offline
Underboss
I quoted so little of what you typed because I like to keep it as short as possible, these potentially drawn out discussions.

Quote:
Putin made Obama look like an jdiot with Ukraine it was an embarrassment for the US and EU.

OK from what I understand, the Ukraine was vulnerable to Russian aggression because they never joined NATO. That is the main issue. Everything else is secondary. The Ukraine not joining NATO is how they were played, not Obama. Maybe you feel Obama was played because he and the US Govt. were behind the intrigue going on with the controversial Ukrainian election that led up to actual combat. You would be incorrect on that note also because whether or not there was an American plot to install a puppet in the Ukraine...Obama probably had little to nothing to do with it.

Quote:
He played Obama in Syria when the US tried to help terrorists beat Assads government then as soon as they started winning he just backed Syrian Government who are now winning the US is losing at its own game.

OK no, just no. The reason Obama didn't make a strong show in Syria after drawing a red line in the sand was because of opposition back home. Obama was wise enough to see that even if a US president can, by American law, launch military attacks in the interest of American national security for limited periods of time, that time runs out and Congress must then deal with the aftermath. He was wise to go to Congress and request backing. He didn't get the backing. It was the US Congress that backed away from Assad and allowed Putin to move troops in. That's really all there is to it. The Republicans in Congress wouldn't back Obama, not even in war, not even in a war that was supposedly in America's self interest. So they allowed Putin and Assad to unite and strut.

Quote:
He hacked the Democratic partys emails which is an embarrassment

So what? Again, Russian backed hacking and leaks only matter because someone in the United States wanted it to matter, just like with Syria. Americans made Putin strong, in both situations, to spite Barack Obama. Who cares? It's a small pathetic victory for all involved actually.

Quote:
2)Funny you misquoted a tiny section of what I said read what I said I would like for the west and Russia to work together however it could be impossible because Russia could have ulterior motives.

Glad you clarified that, because from your prior post, that wasn't clear...or didn't seem clear. Thanks.

Quote:
3) lol lol lol How about the US you guys are the biggest sponsors and creators of terrorists you guys are the reason the world is in a mess you helped create Al Qaeda and ISIS fucked up the middle East look at Iraq, Libya and Syria that's on you guys no one else what you just said is the most hypocrite anti Russian programmed I have seen on this site where do you get your news from? Who are these Islamic fundamentalists they are supporting Assad government? really compared to ISIS and Syrian Al Qaeda rebels you guys have helped what a joke this is why whole world thinks you guys are the biggest hypocrites

Where have you been? lol Are you not aware that Russian scientists are on the ground on-site in Iran helping them with their nuclear technology? Iran is considered a terrorist sponsor. If Russia is sponsoring Iran, then what does that make Russia?

Quote:
I am no Russia supporter I have always condemned there actions but some of the stuff I read especially in the US media about Russia is ridiculous. I consider the US to be just as bad if not worse than Russia when it comes to foreign policy

Well, that's refreshing, that you aren't a Russia supporter. That is a government so humiliated and butthurt that they would shoot civilian airline jets out of the sky just to make a point. Pathetic. And their backing of Iran's nuclear program is not only irresponsible, it is just plain stupid.

"For us, rubbin'out a Mustache was just like makin' way for a new building, like we was in the construction business."
Re: NEWS 2017 [Re: Alfa Romeo] #907502
02/25/17 11:45 AM
02/25/17 11:45 AM
G
gangstereport Offline
Underboss
gangstereport  Offline
G
Underboss
OK from what I understand, the Ukraine was vulnerable to Russian aggression because they never joined NATO. That is the main issue. Everything else is secondary. The Ukraine not joining NATO is how they were played, not Obama. Maybe you feel Obama was played because he and the US Govt. were behind the intrigue going on with the controversial Ukrainian election that led up to actual combat. You would be incorrect on that note also because whether or not there was an American plot to install a puppet in the Ukraine...Obama probably had little to nothing to do with it.

Viktor Yanukovych and Ukraine did not want to join Nato because they wanted to be neutral in a power struggle between the US and Russia. When he decided to get closer ties with Russia there was protests these people were armed militants who overthrew a democratically elected government the US and EU but hey Russia are evil and the US are good people right?

The people of Crimea voted democratically to join Russia but once again western media ignored it is US prograde. Everyone just made it look like they forced the people to live under Russian control look at this article US and the EU are the cause of the civil war

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/apr/30/russia-ukraine-war-kiev-conflict

Now look at the undemocratic dictorship corrupt government that the US backs today nothing just changed ask any Ukrainen he will tell you that nothing has changed country just as corrupt as before instead now they have people being killed

OK no, just no. The reason Obama didn't make a strong show in Syria after drawing a red line in the sand was because of opposition back home. Obama was wise enough to see that even if a US president can, by American law, launch military attacks in the interest of American national security for limited periods of time, that time runs out and Congress must then deal with the aftermath. He was wise to go to Congress and request backing. He didn't get the backing. It was the US Congress that backed away from Assad and allowed Putin to move troops in. That's really all there is to it. The Republicans in Congress wouldn't back Obama, not even in war, not even in a war that was supposedly in America's self interest. So they allowed Putin and Assad to unite and strut.

No your right Obama showed little strength instead he supported groups who are connected or surrendered to AL Qaeda militants who claimed to be Syrian freedom fighters it does not matter his whole policy in Syria has been a disaster Saudia Arabia and Qater who are part of this US formed "Coalition" just do there own thing and support whoever they want I don't like Assad or Russia but sometimes it is better to stick with the devil you know. Obama US helped and encouraged the revolution against Assad you guys instigated it just as much blood on your hands as Russia. Whole Syrian war is a power play by the US and Russia and Obama has lost Assad is winning and in the next year so this whole war 250,000 people killed was for what so the US could try and establish its own puppet government

don't believe me look at these articles they show the failure of obamas policy in Syria
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/sep/19/us-weapons-to-syria-repeats-historical-mistake
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnew...o-al-Qaeda.html
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-33997408

Where have you been? Are you not aware that Russian scientists are on the ground on-site in Iran helping them with their nuclear technology? Iran is considered a terrorist sponsor. If Russia is sponsoring Iran, then what does that make Russia?

Have you seen the nuclear deal? Russia are supposed to be helping them it was part of the deal Obama signed the UN know and approve there actions. China are also supposed to be helping interesting you dident mention them

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/whats-in-the-iran-nuclear-deal/

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/patr...lear-facilities

I find it very hypocritical that you seem to think Russia are any better than the US what about Libya you guys under obama fucked up that country by backing that coup not there is 8 different governments including ISIS operating there. Major refugee crisis coming through there into Italy. Egypt elect people you don't like so Obama and the US back and organize a coup so now the country has military control. The US is the most hypocritical country in the world at least Russia we all know they are bullies and the cause of a lot of a lot of death the US pretends they are not like that.

Why are you not critizing China aswell? they are a country that kills millions of its own people and others in Asia undermines democratic countries like South Korea and independent states like Hong Kong they make Russia look like saints

Sorry for the confusion
Re: NEWS 2017 [Re: gangstereport] #907515
02/25/17 01:40 PM
02/25/17 01:40 PM
Alfa Romeo Offline
Underboss
Alfa Romeo  Offline
Underboss
Very good points gangstereport!

"For us, rubbin'out a Mustache was just like makin' way for a new building, like we was in the construction business."
Re: NEWS 2017 [Re: J Geoff] #907619
02/27/17 04:27 PM
02/27/17 04:27 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

I was just watching the lady actresses from Hidden Figures presenting at the Oscars and it got me to thinking, these women are supposed to be proud, black women portraying black historical figures. Why do they use products to lighten their skin tone if they are so proud of their heritage?

Not being a dick when I say this.

Just curious.

I find a lot of black women attractive (Serena etc.)

I don't think people should change who they are to fit in to some twisted, societal norms.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: NEWS 2017 [Re: Moe_Tilden] #907633
02/27/17 08:36 PM
02/27/17 08:36 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
Moe,

fair enough question. I think what you saw yesterday was Oscar caliber makeup though. Biggest paparrazzi and photo event of the year, so everybody has makeup on....men and women.

Another thing, if you can remember the last time you saw a celeb up close, I bet he/she looked different than what you might have imagined.....shorter/taller/skinnier.

If you run into a Black celeb, they are often not even the shade that you might think they are because of how films are shot/lit, what region of the country they live in, even what time of the year it is.

I dated a woman who did makeup for SNL and she schooled me on all of this.

Re: NEWS 2017 [Re: J Geoff] #907691
02/28/17 01:03 PM
02/28/17 01:03 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

Interesting, Gets.

Thank you.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: NEWS 2017 [Re: J Geoff] #907844
03/02/17 03:55 PM
03/02/17 03:55 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: NEWS 2017 [Re: Moe_Tilden] #907982
03/04/17 04:43 AM
03/04/17 04:43 AM
C
carlitosway Offline
Wiseguy
carlitosway  Offline
C
Wiseguy
Originally Posted By: Moe_Tilden
I was just watching the lady actresses from Hidden Figures presenting at the Oscars and it got me to thinking, these women are supposed to be proud, black women portraying black historical figures. Why do they use products to lighten their skin tone if they are so proud of their heritage?

Not being a dick when I say this.

Just curious.

I find a lot of black women attractive (Serena etc.)

I don't think people should change who they are to fit in to some twisted, societal norms.
It is because white people shamed them for being a darker tone. It's not their fault. They are a product of their societies wrongdoing and oppression over the years. Jeez, look at what the white folks did to Michael Jackson poor guy. I'm hispanic with darker skin because I work outdoors mainly and I get second glances all the time because I am a dark skinned latino.

Re: NEWS 2017 [Re: J Geoff] #907990
03/04/17 07:08 AM
03/04/17 07:08 AM
Upstate, NY
thedudeabides87 Offline
Underboss
thedudeabides87  Offline
Underboss
Upstate, NY
Second glances? Are people that afraid of black people where you live

The Dude: And, you know, he's got emotional problems, man.
Walter Sobchak: You mean... beyond pacifism?

Walter Sobchak: This guy f*cking walks. I've never been so sure of anything in my entire life
Re: NEWS 2017 [Re: J Geoff] #907993
03/04/17 08:21 AM
03/04/17 08:21 AM
Past caring, then hang a left
H
helenwheels Offline
Underboss
helenwheels  Offline
H
Underboss
I think theyre more afraid of sockpuppets.

Dude, carlitosway outed himself as yatescj in another thread. Apparently he has a bunch of screen names here.

All God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

I never met anyone who didn't have a very smart child. What happens to these children, you wonder, when they reach adulthood?

Re: NEWS 2017 [Re: helenwheels] #908059
03/05/17 09:02 AM
03/05/17 09:02 AM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss

We got your phone tapped, what you gon' do
Cause sooner or later, we'll have your whole crew
All we need now is the right word or two
to make all it stick like glue, then you're through
to make all it stick like glue, we got you
==========================================

Trump is REALLY reaching with the phone tap allegations. I think Obama did play dirty politics and set Trump and his team up in several ways. I made the reference to Obama playing chess on his way out versus Trump playing checkers, and the facts have confirmed that, but Trump is tired of taking L's and is using this "phone tap" story as a smokescreen.

Re: NEWS 2017 [Re: J Geoff] #908060
03/05/17 09:53 AM
03/05/17 09:53 AM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

Sick of It All: Just Look Around (1992) lyrics. Fitting for the times. Or any times really.

Quote:
The question they keep asking me
How can one so young be so bitter and angry
Well, the answer is plain to see
Maybe if they weren't so blind they'd see what I see
I see the homeless livin' out on the street
On every corner they're asking for money
I try to help them whenever I can
But sometimes I can't afford to help myself
I see diseases and modern plagues of our times
The greed of our leaders has made them blind
To our problems
They spend millions overseas,
People right here are fightin' wars everyday

I see the whites that hate the blacks
Blacks against the jews, race against religion
And there all too blind to see

When we fight each other it puts all of them at ease
It keeps us so busy, so they can do what they please
Election time comes and they're out for votes
That's when you see and hear from them the most
This is what they're calling a democracy
That's just another word for hypocrisy
We keep fallin' for the bait
When we realize, it's always too late

I see the whites that hate the blacks
Blacks that hate the jews, brother against brother
And they're all to blind to see

As the rich get richer, the poor goin' hungry
I've seen the toll it takes on the workingman's family
Education system that's obsolete
Can't hold a kid's interest or keep 'em off the street
See a father's fear, hear a mother's cry
What kind of a nation lets their children die
Government's corrupt and full of red tape
Then you're gonna ask me why I hate

Why don't you open up your eyes so you can see
Open up your ears so you can hear
Take a look around and you will find
Take a look around and you will find out why

Re: NEWS 2017 [Re: getthesenets] #908062
03/05/17 10:05 AM
03/05/17 10:05 AM
G
gangstereport Offline
Underboss
gangstereport  Offline
G
Underboss
Originally Posted By: getthesenets

to make all it stick like glue, then you're through
to make all it stick like glue, we got you
==========================================

Trump is REALLY reaching with the phone tap allegations. I think Obama did play dirty politics and set Trump and his team up in several ways. I made the reference to Obama playing chess on his way out versus Trump playing checkers, and the facts have confirmed that, but Trump is tired of taking L's and is using this "phone tap" story as a smokescreen.

agreed I think he is just trying to distract the attention of him I stand by my predication he will end up resigining or getting impeached. Obama is no saint we all know he has played it dirty in the past but this seems far fetched to me we will see if he can produce any evidence to back up his claims but i have my doubts

Sorry for the confusion
Re: NEWS 2017 [Re: J Geoff] #908063
03/05/17 10:06 AM
03/05/17 10:06 AM
G
gangstereport Offline
Underboss
gangstereport  Offline
G
Underboss
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-39170985

Trump urged to back up claims his phones were tapped by Obama

Sorry for the confusion
Re: NEWS 2017 [Re: gangstereport] #908064
03/05/17 11:08 AM
03/05/17 11:08 AM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
Moe,

Agree with you. However Trump advisor's during the campaign successfully exploited the differences/tensions among segments of our country to win the election.

But I agree with you overall, politics is smoke and mirrors. I wonder what kinds of laws are being passed nationally and locally while we are distracted daily by Trump.

Gangster,

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39172719

US President Donald Trump has called for his allegations that Barack Obama ordered his phones to be tapped during the election campaign to be investigated by Congress.

Re: NEWS 2017 [Re: J Geoff] #908065
03/05/17 11:34 AM
03/05/17 11:34 AM
H
helenwheels Offline
Underboss
helenwheels  Offline
H
Underboss
Back in November, Louise Mensch reported that the FBI sought and was granted, a FISA court warrant in October, giving counter-intelligence permission to examine the activities of ‘U.S. persons’ in Donald Trump’s campaign with ties to Russia. This was confirmed by the BBC in January, although they reported the warrant is for financial records.

If the FBI's warrant is what Trump means by 'Obama is wire tapping me', then he just committed a huge blunder. If he is basing his accusations on the Mark Levin/Breitbart pieces, then he committed a huge blunder of a completely different kind. And if he did this as some sort of distraction, it backfired spectacularly.

Last edited by helenwheels; 03/05/17 11:51 AM.

All God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

I never met anyone who didn't have a very smart child. What happens to these children, you wonder, when they reach adulthood?

Re: NEWS 2017 [Re: helenwheels] #908069
03/05/17 01:28 PM
03/05/17 01:28 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
Helen, thanks.

I just looked up the reason why Trump fired one of his campaign managers..and found this article from August 2016

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/08/paul-manafort-resigns-from-trump-campaign-227197

The family was particularly troubled by reports of Manafort's involvement with Russia and felt he hadn’t been entirely forthright about his activities overseas, the source said. Family members were also unhappy about changes made to the GOP platform that were seen as beneficial to Russia, which they felt Manafort played a role in, the source added.

Quote:

Paul Manafort resigns from Trump campaign

The departure of Trump's embattled campaign chairman comes two days after the nominee shook up his leadership team.

By Nolan D. McCaskill, Alex Isenstadt and Shane Goldmacher

08/19/16 10:05 AM EDT

Updated 08/19/16 01:48 PM EDT
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter

Donald Trump’s campaign is still trembling from its shakeup this week.

Trump on Friday announced that campaign Chairman Paul Manafort had resigned, two days after the Republican nominee put in place a new leadership structure that appeared to minimize Manafort’s role.

Manafort had increasingly come under fire over his past lobbying work for pro-Russian Ukrainian oligarchs — which was fundamentally at odds with Trump’s boasts about being free from moneyed interests — and for the sloppy nature of the Republican National Convention, which Manafort oversaw.

“This morning Paul Manafort offered, and I accepted, his resignation from the campaign,” Trump said in a statement. “I am very appreciative for his great work in helping to get us where we are today, and in particular his work guiding us through the delegate and convention process. Paul is a true professional and I wish him the greatest success.”

In recent days, Manafort had lost the confidence of Jared Kushner, Trump's son-in-law and one of his closest advisers, and other members of Trump’s family, according to a source close to the campaign. Kushner had once been a major backer of Manafort and was instrumental in his elevation — and the downfall of Corey Lewandowski, Trump's former campaign manager.

The family was particularly troubled by reports of Manafort's involvement with Russia and felt he hadn’t been entirely forthright about his activities overseas, the source said. Family members were also unhappy about changes made to the GOP platform that were seen as beneficial to Russia, which they felt Manafort played a role in, the source added.

Manafort was also wary about his increasing scrutiny becoming a distraction, according to a senior Trump aide, echoing a point one of Trump’s sons acknowledged Friday.

“I think my father didn’t want to be, you know, distracted by, you know, whatever things Paul was dealing with,” Eric Trump said, according to an excerpt of an interview set to air on Fox News’ “Sunday Morning Futures.”

Eric Trump called Manafort’s work through the primary “amazing” and praised him for getting the campaign through the convention.

“Now you look at Kellyanne [Conway] and some of the other people that we’re bringing in, and they’re absolutely fantastic, and I think they’re going to be the ones that bring us all the way through November 8th and ultimately get us the victory,” Eric Trump continued. “But again, my father just didn’t want to have the distraction looming over the campaign and, quite frankly, looming over all the issues that Hillary’s facing right now.”

The departure could help consolidate the power of Conway, who was promoted earlier this week to campaign manager and is credited with urging Trump to offer “regret” for his past offensive comments, and Breitbart executive Stephen Bannon, who was brought on as campaign CEO.

But the news is also overshadowing Trump’s reboot. The Republican nominee made a presidential-style trip to flood-ravaged Louisiana on Friday with his running mate, Mike Pence, and the campaign rolled out its first television ads of the general election.
Paul Manafort is hired to help lead Donald Trump's delegate-gathering efforts.

Investigations
Manafort’s man in Kiev

By Kenneth P. Vogel

And there are signs that the early shakeup may not have gone entirely smoothly. On Wednesday evening, according to two sources close to the campaign, Trump aides determined that their first TV ad would be focused on an economic message. But on early Thursday morning, the staff got word that the plans were changing. Instead, the commercial would have a tough-on-immigration message.

The move caught some aides by surprise and led them to believe that a small group of staffers — and perhaps Trump himself — had made the decision.

Some staffers said they were surprised by Manafort's exit and that they had learned of it from news reports. As of late Friday morning, there had been no staff conference call to inform them of the move.

Charlie Black, a longtime friend and business associate of Manafort's, said he didn't think the departure of a seasoned GOP operative would hinder the campaign's ability to function.

"Paul is my friend, but Paul has never managed a campaign before, either," he said. "Kellyanne is very good, very bright. I have confidence in her."

Lewandowski, who lost in a power struggle with Manafort, said the news showed that the Republican nominee is serious about his mission to win the White House.

“The most important thing is this is a reminder to me and to the American public that Donald Trump will do anything it takes to win,” Lewandowski said on CNN, where he is a paid contributor.

Although Manafort is out, his longtime deputy, Rick Gates, will take over as the Trump campaign's liaison to the Republican National Committee, senior communications adviser Jason Miller tweeted Friday afternoon.

Hillary Clinton's campaign seized on Manafort's departure as a chance to hammer Trump for his repeated overtures to Russian President Vladimir Putin, which they have characterized as dangerous. "You can get rid of Manafort, but that doesn't end the odd bromance Trump has with Putin," Clinton campaign manager Robby Mook said in a statement.
Mike Pence urges Trump supporters to monitor voting sites

Pence urges Trump supporters to monitor voting sites

By Matthew Nussbaum

Manafort joined Trump’s operation in late March to lead its delegate effort ahead of the convention. His hire came just as Trump was in the midst of one of the roughest stretches of the primary, as Ted Cruz was playing the inside political game to win delegate contests and some key states, including Wisconsin.

Manafort, an elder statesman on a campaign that had lacked such a figure, soon won the trust of Trump as a political fixer, particularly among the party elites. He traveled to the Republican National Committee’s spring meeting in April pressing Trump’s case and insisting he would evolve as the nominee.

But leaked audio from the meeting, in which Manafort said Trump was simply playing “a part,” damaged his fresh relationship with Trump just as he was tussling internally for power with Lewandowski, whose motto was “Let Trump be Trump.”

By late May, Manafort was clearly on the rise, as he had been promoted to campaign chairman and became a key coordinator with the Republican National Committee after Trump became the presumptive nominee.

For the next month, Manafort and Lewandowski butted heads — over hiring, strategy and credit for Trump’s success. Tensions were so bad that there were reports of fears that the Trump headquarters was bugged. “Do I believe it? No, I don’t believe it,” Manafort said on ABC in late May, adding, “But I don’t know who said that.”

In late June, following a meeting with his adult children, Trump fired Lewandowski, and Manafort emerged as the main power center on the campaign. Despite his persistence, Manafort failed to convert the bombastic political outsider into the kind of presidential candidate Republican leaders had been wanting to see.

Regretful Trump pivots 107 days late

A new Trump emerges

By Nick Gass

But as Trump’s standing has sunk in national and battleground state polls, his unhappiness has been reflecting back on staff, including Manafort. At the Republican National Convention, when it was discovered that Trump's wife, Melania, had plagiarized portions of her speech, Lewandowski seized on the chance to poke at his old rival, saying on CNN “the buck stopped with me” when he ran the campaign.

“I think if it was Paul Manafort, he’d do the right thing and resign,” Lewandowski said.

Manafort’s past work had also become increasingly problematic, especially because the optics of it were similar to the Clintons' extensive work with foreign governments through the Clinton Foundation, which Trump has regularly attacked.

The liability deepened when The New York Times reported this week that Manafort’s name appeared on a handwritten ledger in Ukraine for secret cash payments. POLITICO reported on Thursday that Manafort’s closeness to a Russian Army-trained linguist-turned-Ukrainian political operative was raising questions and concerns.

Manafort’s departure came just two days after Trump’s aides tried to present the leadership changes as an expansion rather than a shakeup.

"No one's out," Trump spokeswoman Katrina Pierson had told CNN. "When you shake up your campaign, that usually means someone is out."

I'm certain that the FBI will list this among other reasons, for the request for the warrant.

Too many people close to Trump are linked with pre inauguration (or pre-election)contact with Russian ambassador and other officials. Trump can't shake these true stories, so he tries to change the narrative.

Re: NEWS 2017 [Re: J Geoff] #908086
03/05/17 05:31 PM
03/05/17 05:31 PM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
When I bought my first house. I was paranoid about my house phone be tapped. So I had no phone for the first three years. I told my wife to use the pay phone down the block for her callers.

I did not use that pay phone either.

When my first son Vic was playing club ball. I was talking to a parent. We started talking about where we were from. I told him I was from Italian Harlem then I told him my friend still had a deli there. It was a place he worked in as a kid cilento's. He took it over changed the name of it. The guy was in the organized crime unit of NYC police department. He told me they bugged his place because a lot of organized crime guys ate there. I called him after the game and told him. They bugged his place the phone and they bugged under his floor they did it from his cellar. These fucks just did it. You mean to try and tell me they could not just do it I say to that bullshit.

Last edited by Footreads; 03/05/17 05:33 PM.

only the unloved hate
Re: NEWS 2017 [Re: J Geoff] #908090
03/05/17 06:42 PM
03/05/17 06:42 PM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
I go to see my grand kids. My daughter is mad at me. She is the only republican in the family, but she hates trump. smile

She was going to Ireland to see what the group with bono. Their is talk about not honor her visa because of trumps she is yelling at me like I did it.

I told her forget about going their. Go to Hawaii the place obama loves the poor black man likes. I told her I will pay for it. She is still mad at me?

only the unloved hate
Re: NEWS 2017 [Re: Footreads] #908213
03/07/17 08:44 PM
03/07/17 08:44 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
daycare worker caught pushing kid down stairs.....not a misprint

Re: NEWS 2017 [Re: J Geoff] #908216
03/07/17 09:42 PM
03/07/17 09:42 PM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
thats why you can trust anyone who takes care of your kids.

I like to see that women pushed off a roof.

only the unloved hate
Re: NEWS 2017 [Re: J Geoff] #908232
03/08/17 10:08 AM
03/08/17 10:08 AM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
Imagine if she owned a dog who had an accident in her house. That would be a dead dog.

only the unloved hate
Re: NEWS 2017 [Re: Footreads] #908266
03/08/17 08:42 PM
03/08/17 08:42 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
In the words of Rahm Emanuel "You never let a serious crisis go to waste. And what I mean by that it's an opportunity to do things you think you could not do before."

In the wake of real and or hoax bomb threats and acts of vandalism towards Jewish groups and cemeteries, lawmaker in NY is trying to sneak anti-BDS measures into law

http://www.silive.com/news/index.ssf/2017/03/savino_idc_pass_anti-hate_crim.html

Another bill by Klein prohibits colleges from using state aid to fund any academic entities that are boycotting Israel as part of the Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions (BDS) movement aimed at causing economic harm to Israel.

Quote:

STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. -- A week after Jewish institutions across the country received dozens of anti-Semitic threats, the state Senate passed a package of bills from the Independent Democratic Conference (IDC) aimed at cracking down on hate crimes.

The first bill was sponsored by IDC member Sen. David Carlucci (D-Rockland) and creates a hate crime offense for graffiti that targets a person's race, color, national origin, ancestry, gender, religion, religious practice, age, disability or sexual orientation.

A second bill sponsored by leader Sen. Jeff Klein (D-Bronx) increases penalties for damaging property in a house of worship or desecrating a cemetery.

Another bill by Klein prohibits colleges from using state aid to fund any academic entities that are boycotting Israel as part of the Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions (BDS) movement aimed at causing economic harm to Israel.

There is a bill in the Assembly matching Klein's bill regarding damaging houses of worship or cemeteries, but it has not yet been voted on.

The other bills don't have matching bills in the Assembly.

State Sen. Diane Savino (D-North Shore/Brooklyn) is a member of the IDC and said, "New York has the largest Jewish population outside of Israel and a rich diversity of numerous cultures and backgrounds from countries around the world that allow our communities to thrive. It is for these reasons that bold and swift action are necessary in order to provide our people of all creeds with the peace of mind that these hate crimes will be promptly met with the full force of law,"

Mayor Bill de Blasio visited the Sea View JCC on Staten Island Tuesday to denounce anti-Semitism, holding a closed-door meeting with NYPD Commissioner James O'Neill, elected officials and Jewish leaders, speaking to the press afterward.

As they were meeting, more threats were made to the Anti-Defamation League in Manhattan and nationwide.

The Sea View JCC was one of more than 30 all over the country that received bomb threats over the phone last week.

Re: NEWS 2017 [Re: Footreads] #908267
03/08/17 08:45 PM
03/08/17 08:45 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Footreads
thats why you can trust anyone who takes care of your kids.

I like to see that women pushed off a roof.

Foot,

I agree with both parts. According to the story, the security cams were just put in place THAT day. I guess kids were coming home with mystery bruises and owner of facility wanted to get to the bottom of it. They should let the mom of the little girl kick this woman's teeth in.

Re: NEWS 2017 [Re: Footreads] #908268
03/08/17 08:56 PM
03/08/17 08:56 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Footreads
Imagine if she owned a dog who had an accident in her house. That would be a dead dog.

Foot,
So many "animal rights" people in this area that I think if she had done the same thing to a dog, it would be a bigger story.

Re: NEWS 2017 [Re: J Geoff] #908276
03/08/17 10:48 PM
03/08/17 10:48 PM
Green Grove Retirement Communi...
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Green Grove Retirement Communi...
When I saw this story of a woman shoving a kid down a stairway, the first thing I thought of was animal rights activists, too...

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: NEWS 2017 [Re: J Geoff] #908294
03/09/17 09:58 AM
03/09/17 09:58 AM
H
helenwheels Offline
Underboss
helenwheels  Offline
H
Underboss

Page 8 of 18 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 17 18

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull