GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (LC330, faffy444, 1 invisible), 83 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,318
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,670
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,497
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,267
Posts1,057,484
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
man masterminded drug heists to produce lean #901680
12/14/16 01:41 PM
12/14/16 01:41 PM
S
Scorsese Offline OP
Underboss
Scorsese  Offline OP
S
Underboss
Hip-hop producer masterminded drug heists to brew potent ‘lean’ drink, police say

1 of 6
Harrison Garcia Instagram
BY DAVID OVALLE

The dangers of 'sizzurp'
WPIX - New York

A Miami music producer who dubbed himself Cuban Harry is a fixture on the international hip-hop scene, jet-setting with big-name stars, driving exotic cars and posing with bundles of cash on social media.

But music wasn’t the only thing he was producing, investigators say.

On Monday, they charged Cuban Harry — whose real name is Harrison Garcia — with masterminding dozens of South Florida pharmacy burglaries, thefts that supplied the powerful pain-killers he used to brew a drink celebrated in more than a few rap songs over the years. The stuff, a jolting mix of codeine and sweet soda, is best known as “lean” but also goes by “sizzurp” and “drank.”

ADVERTISING

State authorities charged the 26-year-old with racketeering, grand theft and trafficking in illegal drugs. He’ll be added to the pending trials of three men and a woman facing prosecution for dozens of pharmacy burglaries stretching from Plantation to Homestead.

Garcia was already facing separate federal charges of illegally selling the prescription-strength syrup of promethazine with codeine. In October, agents accused him of using his Instagram account – which boasts more than 37,000 followers – to set up deals to sell the drink popular with some club-goers.

Hialeah police arrested Garcia, who despite wearing a federal ankle monitor because of his upcoming trial, they say was found with a bottle of the cough syrup. That drew him an additional felony charge.

He remained in custody on Monday night. His attorney could not immediately be reached for comment.

Variations of the drink have become popular in hip-hop imagery and songs over the past decade, with rappers such as Lil’ Wayne, Young Thug and Future dropping odes to the concoction. But health experts warn the drink, which some have dubbed “liquid heroin,” poses serious risks.

Rapper Pimp C, who helped popularize lean, died in part because of an overdose on the drink in 2008. More recently, rapper Lil’ Wayne suffered seizures after apparently drinking massive amounts of the cocktail, according to celebrity gossip website TMZ.

Garcia’s “lean” use wasn’t exactly low-profile. His Instagram account features “lean” in the screen name and he frequently posted photos of disposable cups and Fanta soda used in the potent concoction.

His social media pages also displayed a lifestyle straight out of a rap video. He proudly shows off flashy gold chains, jewel-encrusted teeth and a gallery of large tattoos, including one of the fictional drug kingpin Scarface flashing an assault rifle.

He has been known to hang with Lil’ Wayne – Garcia appeared holding stacks of cash in the music video for the song “Cut it Freestyle.”

He’s also affiliated with the rapper and singer Chris Brown and his crew known as OHB, or Original Hood Bosses. He once posted a photo showing himself on airport runway accompanying Brown in Albania for a show.

Garcia has also been pictured on Instagram with former Miami Heat star Gerald Green.

Investigators zeroed in on Garcia more than a year ago when they discovered he was using his Instagram page to sell marijuana and the lean drink, according to court records. A search warrant revealed that Garcia was using the app’s direct messaging feature to do deals.

Garcia sold drugs to an informant working with the U.S. Homeland Security Investigations agents on two occasions, for a total of $4,530, according to court documents.

A search of his house revealed two pistols, two pounds of marijuana, a scale, empty baggies for packaging and a bottle of promethazine with codeine worth $1,000 on the street, according to court records. They also found several high-end rides – including a Porsche Panamera and a Polaris Slingshot, a futuristic-looking 3-wheeled motorbike.

Records show Garcia also took agents to a stash house in Kendall, where they found another cache of weapons, including an AK47, and more than 3,000 Xanax pills, which are often used illegally on the party scene.

It was after his arrest that Garcia was linked to the cases of Alonzo Hinson, Bryan Pitter, Darrish Martin, and Martin’s girlfriend, Chantelle Ponce, who already have been charged with at a slew of burglaries of Walgreens stores. They are all awaiting trial.

The group is accused of donning masks and using crowbars to enter the pharmacies to steal the cough syrup and and other drugs – all at the direction of Garcia. More than 50 burglaries are believed to be tied to Garcia, according to an arrest warrant.

“Garcia has organized, facilitated, finances and directed co-conspirators to commit burglaries ... in order to obtain stolen narcotics for re-sale,” Broward Sheriff’s Office Sgt. Shane Schroeder wrote in the warrant.

Police believe Martin – an aspiring rapper who was pictured on his own Instagram account with the stolen Walgreens’ merchandise – recruited the others to help him do the burglaries. Detectives say that Garcia and Ponce later called Martin while he was in jail, talking about selling “Purple Rain” – a code name for the spiked drink.

Ponce later told investigators that Garcia would pay Martin $7,000 per burglary and she “had witnessed Garcia with celebrity music personalities such as Chris Brown and Little Wayne,” according to the warrant.

Text messages between Martin and Garcia also provided evidence of the plot, according to the warrant released by the Statewide Prosecutor’s Office, which spearheaded the case with various law-enforcement agencies, including the Broward Sheriff’s Office, Homeland Security Investigations, Hialeah police and the Florida Department of Law Enforcement.

Garcia’s phone also revealed numerous photos and videos of the products stolen from the pharmacy. Ponce’s brother also admitted to selling stolen drugs to Garcia, according to court filings.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/crime/article120505863.html#storylink=cpy

Re: man masterminded drug heists to produce lean [Re: Scorsese] #901700
12/14/16 03:18 PM
12/14/16 03:18 PM
Mississippi - 662
B
BlackFamily Offline
Underboss
BlackFamily  Offline
B
Underboss
Mississippi - 662
Lean was going for 150 a cup some years ago in my city.

If you think you are too small to make a difference, you haven't spend the night with a mosquito.
- African Proverb
Re: man masterminded drug heists to produce lean [Re: BlackFamily] #901702
12/14/16 03:48 PM
12/14/16 03:48 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
Scorsese, thanks for article

BF,
This is from before your time, but have you ever heard of DJ Screw from Houston? He died years ago directly because of lean and like a fool, I thought that his death would slow down or put an end to this stupidity. Instead I bet the batch that he drank probably became a best seller.

Gonna stop calling people drug addicts and start calling them death chasers.

Also, they bleeped out alcohol or weed references in rap songs when they were played on the radio back in the day.

I can remember when even in NY area, they would play mostly unedited the 3-6 mafia song "Sippin on some syzzurp". I remember thinking that it can't be legal for them to be airing this stuff across the airwaves. I'm assuming it's much worse now.

Re: man masterminded drug heists to produce lean [Re: Scorsese] #901739
12/14/16 07:08 PM
12/14/16 07:08 PM
Alabama
D
dixiemafia Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
dixiemafia  Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
D
Underboss
Alabama
Yea it's a problem all over the South. Even here they sip it a lot.

DJ Screw and the "screwed and chopped" sound all started with lean. It's actually pretty cool to listen to while you're tripping.....lol

Drinking it long term like Screw and Pimp C did is NOT good for you. Paul Wall had to have quit it before he had his stomach stapled because he was getting big. Now he looks dumb.

Re: man masterminded drug heists to produce lean [Re: Scorsese] #901774
12/15/16 12:43 AM
12/15/16 12:43 AM
K
Kash Offline
Made Member
Kash  Offline
K
Made Member
So this moron got caught selling syrup on Instagram? Next level stupid

Re: man masterminded drug heists to produce lean [Re: getthesenets] #901787
12/15/16 05:19 AM
12/15/16 05:19 AM
Mississippi - 662
B
BlackFamily Offline
Underboss
BlackFamily  Offline
B
Underboss
Mississippi - 662
Gets,
Before my time???? I'm a screwhead ( Screwed n Chopped fan) and first heard Sipping on some sizzurp on cassette tape uncut. I'm a late 80s baby not late 90s. LoL.

If you think you are too small to make a difference, you haven't spend the night with a mosquito.
- African Proverb
Re: man masterminded drug heists to produce lean [Re: Scorsese] #901815
12/15/16 11:32 AM
12/15/16 11:32 AM
Alabama
D
dixiemafia Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
dixiemafia  Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
D
Underboss
Alabama
Slim Thuggga muthafucka!!!!!!!!!!

Still the hardest out of Houston.

Re: man masterminded drug heists to produce lean [Re: dixiemafia] #901827
12/15/16 12:39 PM
12/15/16 12:39 PM
Mississippi - 662
B
BlackFamily Offline
Underboss
BlackFamily  Offline
B
Underboss
Mississippi - 662
Hold up , hold up, hold up

You know it's the Mo City Don : Z-Ro.

- African Proverb
Re: man masterminded drug heists to produce lean [Re: Scorsese] #901830
12/15/16 01:00 PM
12/15/16 01:00 PM
Chicagoland
SgWaue86 Offline
Capo
SgWaue86  Offline
Capo
Chicagoland
What did that broad from power who was fucking 50 call it Texas tea lol. I've had it once mixed it with some booze and had way past what I consider felling good.

Re: man masterminded drug heists to produce lean [Re: Scorsese] #901846
12/15/16 04:09 PM
12/15/16 04:09 PM
C
Chicken713 Offline
Made Member
Chicken713  Offline
C
Made Member
I'm feeling all the Houston love. In the 90s to early 2000s screw and company (other Houston rappers) did make the drug popular. A while After screw died Texas banned the stronger forms of lean that was being prescribed and sold. Now it's real watered down stuff like activist and such. The drug is hugely expensive and addicting.

Short dawg from Houston (not the old one, the short dawg signed to young money) he only came up in the rap scene because of lean. Lil Wayne signed him and moved him to Louisiana so he could have a full time lean connect. Recently short dawg quit drinking it and he looks skeleton skinny now. He had to quit or die really young due to how much he was drinking. I just know he had doctors on payroll to write prescriptions. I still talk to his little brother that I went to college with. He supplied all the Texas and Louisiana rappers for a long time. He's out the game from what I know now, don't think he even raps anymore.

Re: man masterminded drug heists to produce lean [Re: Chicken713] #901879
12/15/16 08:55 PM
12/15/16 08:55 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
Dixie,

So that's how and why Paul Wall lost the weight? I saw that Mike Jones lost weight and thought that it was a health trend in Houston.

I saw that Bun B and NFL bust Jamarcus Rusell blew up on account of lean. What is it that causes the weight gain.....all the sugar from the syrup and soda? or dudes just become less active when they are on it?

and oh yeah....Brad Jordan is the hardest out of Houston, and top 5 ...dead alive or yet to be born.

BF,

Didn't know that the sound was still around. I thought it went away after Screw passed away.

Chicken,
GLAD to hear that your state took some kind of action after Screw passed away. Lot of lean drinkers in Philly, which is kind of odd. I know that there are a lot of ties between Philly and Houston so that has to be the reason. I'm also thinking that post Katrina a lot of NewOrleans folks were moved to Houston and that must have helped popularize lean in Louisiana as people were moving back home.

Things were a lot simpler before....lean, synthetic weed, heroin cut with elephant tranquilizer???? shittttt!!!

I hit a lot of 40s of beer or malt liquor back in the day but F all that extra stuff.

Re: man masterminded drug heists to produce lean [Re: Scorsese] #901936
12/16/16 10:01 AM
12/16/16 10:01 AM
R
RollinBones Offline
Underboss
RollinBones  Offline
R
Underboss
apparently dudes been sipping lean in philly for a looooong time. beanie sigel talks about it in the song 'purple rain' with bun b.

its crazy how lean prices have skyrocketed, pints going for over 1k. the shit is cool here and there but i couldn't sip it on a regular basis. i see a lot of young boys turning into fiends off that shit and all the pills they take these days.

Re: man masterminded drug heists to produce lean [Re: RollinBones] #901941
12/16/16 11:21 AM
12/16/16 11:21 AM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
Rollin,

that's the weirdest thing about this new era. Young fiends.

My only frame of reference is the early crack era. I worked a summer job as a teen and one guy we worked with was hustling. We worked in a local community center and he'd point out to us who the fiends were in the neighborhood. Adults that we NEVER EVER would have suspected were copping coke and crack. As an adult now, I guess I can see how stress/responsibilities/life setbacks could leave somebody susceptible to trying hard drugs....and eventually becoming a fiend.

BUT...17-22 years old....strung out on drugs?WTF?

Re: man masterminded drug heists to produce lean [Re: Scorsese] #901943
12/16/16 11:45 AM
12/16/16 11:45 AM
R
RollinBones Offline
Underboss
RollinBones  Offline
R
Underboss
yeah the crack era came out of nowhere too. but that's the thing, crack just popped up and people didn't really know how bad you could get strung out on the shit, it originally had a reputation as a party drug like coke has always been, so people weren't aware of how quick you could get in too deep. nowadays its easy to see where opiate addiction will get you and it's never anywhere good.

i also hate to blame music but you can't deny the influence is there. lot of rappers talk about prescription drugs. future has a song called "perkys calling" lol. if that doesn't sound like the epitome of some fiend shit idk what does. i'm not a conspiracy theorist but part of me feels like some of this is by design. where crack made kids wild, unpredictable and prone to violence, these new drugs are just turning them into weak zombies. some of these kids livers and kidneys will be toast before they hit 25.

Re: man masterminded drug heists to produce lean [Re: RollinBones] #901944
12/16/16 12:11 PM
12/16/16 12:11 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
Rollin,

Great points.
By the time people knew what the effects of crack era, it was too late. I also think that fear of needles and fear of getting aids from shooting up...is what made crack "seem" more appealing (than heroin) to people looking to get high.

Also have to agree with your other point about the music. Funny coming from hip hop heads but I have to think that it's not a coincidence. You couldn't even use slang terms for drugs in songs back in the day and get radio spins...unless it was late night rap show or you were talking anti drug message. Now I think you can say anything unedited on radio.

The drugs now are prescription drugs made legally by Big Pharma....opiods and codeine...so it's interesting that the song references to these drugs get played on FCC airwaves with little interference.

Re: man masterminded drug heists to produce lean [Re: Scorsese] #901964
12/16/16 02:39 PM
12/16/16 02:39 PM
Alabama
D
dixiemafia Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
dixiemafia  Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
D
Underboss
Alabama
Gets,

Yes Paul Wall admitted to the surgery. I haven't seen Mike Jones in a while and of course I don't follow the scene like I did say 10 years ago so I can't say there.

I would say the sugar in lean is one of the biggest factors, that and you are less likely to be up and about and moving while sipping lean. Most of the time once you've had enough, you just want to sit or lay around and just chill. Those two factors are a recipe for disaster. By the time you blow up you are hooked on it and it's pretty hard to get off I imagine.

As for screwed and chopped music after Screw, the original Swishahouse kind of continued the legacy. OG Ron C and Michael 5000 Watts pretty much became the "new" DJ Screw. Then you had Slim Thug/Boss Hogg Outlawz, Paul Wall and Chamillionaire, Lil Keke and Mike Jones heavily pushing the screwed and chopped sound. After Paul Wall and Chamillionaire quit and Paul went solo releasing his debut album was pretty much the end of Swishahouse and the screwed sound. Slim Thug and his acts did their own thing as well. Mike Jones kind of survived and Chamillionaire tried his thing but neither survived the split if you ask me. Really only Paul Wall and Slim Thug were successful after that.

But man the Before tha Kappa and After tha Kappa had some good shit back in the early 2000's. Slim Thug was already rich as hell before he released Already Platinum.

Re: man masterminded drug heists to produce lean [Re: dixiemafia] #902663
12/23/16 08:08 PM
12/23/16 08:08 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss

Re: man masterminded drug heists to produce lean [Re: getthesenets] #902667
12/23/16 09:01 PM
12/23/16 09:01 PM
F
fatdomgamiello36 Offline
Made Member
fatdomgamiello36  Offline
F
Made Member
Originally Posted By: getthesenets

Seems like its a little trumped up. Felony charges for a little weed? Assuming its true it was a little weed, That's Texas for ya!

The funniest thing in this article is that Baby Bash is 47 and Paul Wall is 35. I would have thought it was the other way around!

Re: man masterminded drug heists to produce lean [Re: fatdomgamiello36] #902668
12/23/16 09:12 PM
12/23/16 09:12 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
FatDom,

The low bail had me a little suspicious, but we'll see what happens. When I saw the headlines, thought he got caught with lean.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull