GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
6 registered members (Turnbull, faffy444, RushStreet, Lou_Para, 2 invisible), 104 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,094
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,354
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,485
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,215
Posts1,056,176
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 14 1 2 12 13 14
Re: Buffalo Family in 2016 [Re: thebigfella] #953907
09/23/18 06:16 PM
09/23/18 06:16 PM
NickyfromTampa Offline
BANNED
NickyfromTampa  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
Originally Posted by thebigfella
There's no way an lcn outfit will let a Canadian be boss and be stationed in Canada, all of the Canadian names that's mentioned lives in Canada to my knowledge and not buffalo. Articles have said the traditional lcn rackets is in Buffalo. There was a guy that went by the name "the arm" that was on these boards a few years ago and he argued that not only the buffalo family existed but they was thriving, and people bashed him. I personally believe that the buffalo family exist with a traditional hierarchy, until I'm proven wrong that's what I will stick to, no debate!

So you're M.O. is essentially: "I have an opinion that is not based on any conclusive evidence, and it's up to YOU to prove me wrong!"

Re: Buffalo Family in 2016 [Re: NickyfromTampa] #953910
09/23/18 07:18 PM
09/23/18 07:18 PM
NickleCity Offline
Capo
NickleCity  Offline
Capo
Originally Posted by NickyfromTampa
Originally Posted by BensonHURST

I am not really understanding your question?

About what L.E. here conflicting with Canada.

Let me remind you that the Buffalo field office was conflicting with the field office that that was involved in the Violi bust.

I don't remember which it is but this was spoken about on the forum in detail.

One FBI and 2 different positions on Buffalo

What? If you could find that thread you are talking about that would be great because I can't really make sense of this post.

He is talking about the US Attorney’s Office Eastern District (And associated FBI) that first reported members of the Todaro Crime Family were arrested in the Nov. Violi/Bonnano arrests in Canada. Here is the link: US Attorney Eastern District

Last edited by NickleCity; 09/23/18 07:22 PM.
Re: Buffalo Family in 2016 [Re: NickleCity] #953912
09/23/18 08:04 PM
09/23/18 08:04 PM
NickyfromTampa Offline
BANNED
NickyfromTampa  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
Originally Posted by NickleCity

I am not really understanding your question?

About what L.E. here conflicting with Canada.

Let me remind you that the Buffalo field office was conflicting with the field office that that was involved in the Violi bust.

I don't remember which it is but this was spoken about on the forum in detail.

One FBI and 2 different positions on Buffalo

What? If you could find that thread you are talking about that would be great because I can't really make sense of this post.

He is talking about the US Attorney’s Office Eastern District (And associated FBI) that first reported members of the Todaro Crime Family were arrested in the Nov. Violi/Bonnano arrests in Canada. Here is the link: US Attorney Eastern District

Where is the "L.E. here conflicting with Canada"?

Last edited by NickyfromTampa; 09/23/18 08:05 PM.
Re: Buffalo Family in 2016 [Re: furio_from_naples] #953916
09/23/18 08:55 PM
09/23/18 08:55 PM
NickleCity Offline
Capo
NickleCity  Offline
Capo
In Nov.. 2018 US Attorney Easter District (and FBI field office associate with them) contradicted what Buffalo Field Office told Herbeck in March 2018 article.

Re: Buffalo Family in 2016 [Re: NickleCity] #953924
09/23/18 09:32 PM
09/23/18 09:32 PM
NickyfromTampa Offline
BANNED
NickyfromTampa  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
In Nov.. 2018 US Attorney Easter District (and FBI field office associate with them) contradicted what Buffalo Field Office told Herbeck in March 2018 article.

You mean 2017?

Last edited by NickyfromTampa; 09/23/18 09:32 PM.
Re: Buffalo Family in 2016 [Re: NickyfromTampa] #953925
09/23/18 09:36 PM
09/23/18 09:36 PM
NickleCity Offline
Capo
NickleCity  Offline
Capo

You mean 2017?

Yes, my bad...

Re: Buffalo Family in 2016 [Re: NickleCity] #953926
09/23/18 09:37 PM
09/23/18 09:37 PM
NickyfromTampa Offline
BANNED
NickyfromTampa  Offline
BANNED
Underboss

You mean 2017?

Yes, my bad...

What exactly contradicts from the two statements?

Re: Buffalo Family in 2016 [Re: NickyfromTampa] #953928
09/23/18 09:49 PM
09/23/18 09:49 PM
NickleCity Offline
Capo
NickleCity  Offline
Capo

Cohen at Buffalo Field office in March 2017:

“Some of the individuals who were leaders of the Mafia are still around,” FBI Special Agent Adam Cohen told the Buffalo News last year.

“But their organized crime activities don’t exist anymore. Some of them have legitimate businesses.”

US Attorney Eastern District in November 2017:

In a coordinated operation, Canadian law enforcement authorities today arrested nine organized crime members and associates in Canada, including members of the Todaro organized crime family, who are charged with, among other crimes, narcotics trafficking.

I would say that is a significant contradiction being both statements were made in the same year.

Last edited by NickleCity; 09/23/18 09:52 PM.
Re: Buffalo Family in 2016 [Re: furio_from_naples] #953929
09/23/18 09:50 PM
09/23/18 09:50 PM
Bensonhurst, Brooklyn, NYC
B
BensonHURST Offline
Bensonhurst
BensonHURST  Offline
Bensonhurst
B
Underboss
Bensonhurst, Brooklyn, NYC
This is from the article that YOU POSTED:

The 1960s may have been the peak of the Mafia influence in the Buffalo region. As many as 200 “made men” – officially sanctioned mob members – ran criminal operations in Buffalo and Niagara Falls during that decade, all answering to Magaddino, Coppola said.

Again, I took the article that you posted and said if they had 100 at one time (I gave it haircut of 1/2 however, you still say that I am exaggerating)
And they now have 30

They would be considered dead compared to their peak

I was making a point

You understand

See what I did not say is they have 30

I.E. in Bensonhurst today mafia activity is dead today compared to what it was
Dead meaning there used a social club every few blocks on major avenues

Now they are underground very few and far in between

I am not comparing Buffalo to Bensonhurst

I do not know how to break this down to you
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am not the one who accused you of flaming

I was trying to help you out
I thought maybe you did not realize what you are doing

Maybe you are a young kid and as S.C. was saying you just dont know how to interact with adults

I was trying to point out what you were doing that caught the eye of the admin of this board.

Re: Buffalo Family in 2016 [Re: NickyfromTampa] #953931
09/23/18 10:15 PM
09/23/18 10:15 PM
new jersey
T
thebigfella Offline
Underboss
thebigfella  Offline
T
Underboss
new jersey
Yes! That's exactly what I'm saying

"McGurn likes you, so I make you. So you are now one of us, if you fuck up, we take it out on McGurn. He is your sponsor. Fuck up, it's his ass. You work in his crew, he is your capo."
Re: Buffalo Family in 2016 [Re: furio_from_naples] #953932
09/23/18 10:39 PM
09/23/18 10:39 PM
new jersey
T
thebigfella Offline
Underboss
thebigfella  Offline
T
Underboss
new jersey
There's no proof that it don't follow traditional lcn rules, and there's no reason for me to think that it has stopped doing as such

"McGurn likes you, so I make you. So you are now one of us, if you fuck up, we take it out on McGurn. He is your sponsor. Fuck up, it's his ass. You work in his crew, he is your capo."
Re: Buffalo Family in 2016 [Re: BensonHURST] #953935
09/23/18 10:47 PM
09/23/18 10:47 PM
NickyfromTampa Offline
BANNED
NickyfromTampa  Offline
BANNED
Underboss

Cohen at Buffalo Field office in March 2017:

“Some of the individuals who were leaders of the Mafia are still around,” FBI Special Agent Adam Cohen told the Buffalo News last year.

“But their organized crime activities don’t exist anymore. Some of them have legitimate businesses.”

US Attorney Eastern District in November 2017:

In a coordinated operation, Canadian law enforcement authorities today arrested nine organized crime members and associates in Canada, including members of the Todaro organized crime family, who are charged with, among other crimes, narcotics trafficking.

I would say that is a significant contradiction being both statements were made in the same year.

The important thing here is that the members of the Todaro crime family were arrested exclusively in Canada. Whereas Buffalo FBI Special Agent Adam Cohen was almost definitely talking about the city of Buffalo and surrounding areas. Unless whatever's going on in Canada is affecting organized crime in Buffalo, then the Buffalo Field Office shouldn't really be expected to know what's going on north of the border.
So it's not really a contradiction when you look at the context of the article, which is about the Mafia in WESTERN NEW YORK as opposed to the Todaro crime family's operations in other countries.

This is from the article that YOU POSTED:

The 1960s may have been the peak of the Mafia influence in the Buffalo region. As many as 200 “made men” – officially sanctioned mob members – ran criminal operations in Buffalo and Niagara Falls during that decade, all answering to Magaddino, Coppola said.

Again, I took the article that you posted and said if they had 100 at one time (I gave it haircut of 1/2 however, you still say that I am exaggerating)
And they now have 30

They would be considered dead compared to their peak

I was making a point

You understand

See what I did not say is they have 30

Fair enough. I thought you were inferencing that the Buffalo Mafia went from 100 made men to 30. That's my bad.

I.E. in Bensonhurst today mafia activity is dead today compared to what it was
Dead meaning there used a social club every few blocks on major avenues

Now they are underground very few and far in between

I am not comparing Buffalo to Bensonhurst

I do not know how to break this down to you
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Notice how nobody is saying the Mafia in Bensonhurst is positively "dead?"

I am not the one who accused you of flaming

I was trying to help you out
I thought maybe you did not realize what you are doing

Maybe you are a young kid and as S.C. was saying you just dont know how to interact with adults

I was trying to point out what you were doing that caught the eye of the admin of this board.

Not sure what you mean by "trying to help you out." And I'm not sure how your comment that I'm "maybe a young kid" is anything more than pointless, aggravating flaming.
What's the point of that last section of your post? Saying I'm maybe a little kid who doesn't know how to interact with adults. What a ridiculous, "flaming," passive-aggressive thing to say. Let's see if SC addresses this.

Re: Buffalo Family in 2016 [Re: NickyfromTampa] #953953
09/24/18 05:43 AM
09/24/18 05:43 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Not sure what you mean by "trying to help you out." And I'm not sure how your comment that I'm "maybe a young kid" is anything more than pointless, aggravating flaming.
What's the point of that last section of your post? Saying I'm maybe a little kid who doesn't know how to interact with adults. What a ridiculous, "flaming," passive-aggressive thing to say. Let's see if SC addresses this.

Sure will address this. First, I'm locking this thread. It has outlived its usefulness and remains only as a tinder box here on the GBB. And while I'm not blind to some unkind words to you, Nicky, I firmly believe you are at fault for them. You and your arrogant, crybaby way that brought those (unkind) words about. You are an extremely disruptive force here and are quickly becoming one on his way out. Just learn to get along with others whom you disagree. Personally I don't have think you can but I have hope for you.

Page 14 of 14 1 2 12 13 14

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull