GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 68 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,406
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,805
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,505
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,300
Posts1,058,150
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
If Al Capone would survived to syphilis? #898092
11/10/16 01:15 PM
11/10/16 01:15 PM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Offline OP
furio_from_naples  Offline OP

naples,italy
That Al Capone ended his days stoned by syphilis is well known but if he should survive the disease and spend the years of the sentence would be well welcomed Chicago?

Due the disease he come on in 38 or 39 but even if he would be out in 1942 at Chicago the boss or front boss was Frank Nitti his best killer and with the war nobody would care of Al Capone or not ?

My question is: the top men in chicago would order him to retire or would whack him ?
And if would gave him the ok to come back in chicago, Capone had a loyalists or would be demoted to soldier ?

Re: If Al Capone would survived to syphilis? [Re: furio_from_naples] #898093
11/10/16 01:35 PM
11/10/16 01:35 PM
Snakes Offline
Underboss
Snakes  Offline
Underboss
Honestly, he probably would have retired. He was super rich and would have just served a fairly tough prison sentence (he was at the Rock, after all). Most everyone still in leadership positions were his allies; Nitti, Ralph Capone, Humphreys, Guzik, etc. Maybe Toodoped can weigh in on this as he's pretty well-versed in the 40's/50's Outfit era.

"Snakes... Snakes... I don't know no Snakes."
Re: If Al Capone would survived to syphilis? [Re: Snakes] #898098
11/10/16 02:50 PM
11/10/16 02:50 PM
Underground
Toodoped Offline
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Offline
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
Snakes is pretty much right, Al would've served his 11 years prison sentence at the Rock, which probably would've crushed his huge ego. Yes he had the cash and maybe he would've ended up as just another John Torrio, retired in New York or Florida.

I believe that nobody was going to try and whack Capone because as Snakes pointed out, he was very well respected by Ricca, Humphreys, Guzik and the rest of the old timers. There are numreous wiretaps where Humphreys mentions the good old days during the Capone era. Al was Ricca's best man, he and Guzik went long way back and Accardo used to protect him.

But I cannot say the same thing about Giancana because he was the one who cancelled Sonny's so-called pension from the Outfit. During one conversation between Humphreys and Battaglia, Humphreys pointed out that there was no need for the younger generation, meaning Giancana, Ferraro and Alex, to cancel the monthly payment to Capone's son and family.

He who can never endure the bad will never see the good
Re: If Al Capone would survived to syphilis? [Re: furio_from_naples] #898105
11/10/16 04:45 PM
11/10/16 04:45 PM
Snakes Offline
Underboss
Snakes  Offline
Underboss
You have to wonder how much different things would have been if Capone was healthy after his release.

Re: If Al Capone would survived to syphilis? [Re: furio_from_naples] #898116
11/10/16 06:38 PM
11/10/16 06:38 PM
naples,italy

naples,italy
Giancana was a penny pincher if cancelled the Sonny capone pension; given the money that made with the las vegas skim.
Toodoped do you know how exactly the Outfit give to Sonny capone ?

Re: If Al Capone would survived to syphilis? [Re: furio_from_naples] #898126
11/10/16 07:49 PM
11/10/16 07:49 PM
Underground
Toodoped Offline
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Offline
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
Originally Posted By: furio_from_naples
Giancana was a penny pincher if cancelled the Sonny capone pension; given the money that made with the las vegas skim.
Toodoped do you know how exactly the Outfit give to Sonny capone ?

I dont really remember but im sure that Murray Humphreys was the so-called charity leader and usually during Outfit meetings, he collected some cash from all the bosses on the table and send it to Sonny. But I think that there was a problem with Sonny because allegedly he was a drunk or a gambler i dont remember. Al's brother Matty Capone also had some "addictive" problems and so they always needed more and more money. Story goes that Ralph Capone didnt care anymore and so maybe Giancana was right for cancelling Capone's pension, who knows...

Re: If Al Capone would survived to syphilis? [Re: Toodoped] #898134
11/10/16 11:20 PM
11/10/16 11:20 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
There is no way Capone could have regained the reins of the Outfit if he had been healthy. Warm feelings for Good Old Al, and fond memories, took a back seat to ambition and greed. While Capone was away for ll years, Prohibition was repealed, and the Outfit branched out into new businesses. Ralph Capone, his brother's only blood ally in the Outfit, was always a second-rater compared with Ricca, Nitti, Guzik and Humphreys.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: If Al Capone would survived to syphilis? [Re: furio_from_naples] #898146
11/11/16 06:07 AM
11/11/16 06:07 AM
naples,italy

naples,italy
I read in an article that Sonny Capone threatened ted kennedy that will do the same end of his brother if dont stop making bullshits. This happened in 1968 few days after bobby death but the fbi didnt do nothing and cover up the thing.

Re: If Al Capone would survived to syphilis? [Re: furio_from_naples] #898150
11/11/16 08:08 AM
11/11/16 08:08 AM
baldo Offline
Capo
baldo  Offline
Capo
I read a long, long time ago in some book/article (can't remember) that the Outfit was actually glad to see him go. Apparently they sent him an xmas card in prison with $1 in it and it said "from your old friends." As I said, I don't remember which book/article I saw it in but it could be absolute BS.

Re: If Al Capone would survived to syphilis? [Re: baldo] #898156
11/11/16 10:00 AM
11/11/16 10:00 AM
naples,italy

naples,italy
Originally Posted By: baldo
I read a long, long time ago in some book/article (can't remember) that the Outfit was actually glad to see him go. Apparently they sent him an xmas card in prison with $1 in it and it said "from your old friends." As I said, I don't remember which book/article I saw it in but it could be absolute BS.

Capone and his men done all the dirty work because torrio wasnt a men of action. In 1925 the Outfit must share the city with the other gangs when capone go to jail in 1931 the Outfit was the rules of chicago.
But after the 1934 they need peace for expand the rackets even I think that the $1 present is a bullshit.

Re: If Al Capone would survived to syphilis? [Re: Turnbull] #898161
11/11/16 11:58 AM
11/11/16 11:58 AM
Snakes Offline
Underboss
Snakes  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Turnbull
There is no way Capone could have regained the reins of the Outfit if he had been healthy. Warm feelings for Good Old Al, and fond memories, took a back seat to ambition and greed. While Capone was away for ll years, Prohibition was repealed, and the Outfit branched out into new businesses. Ralph Capone, his brother's only blood ally in the Outfit, was always a second-rater compared with Ricca, Nitti, Guzik and Humphreys.

Everyone you named was an ally of Capone. He would have been let back into the fold. He made all of those guys very wealthy.

Re: If Al Capone would survived to syphilis? [Re: Snakes] #898162
11/11/16 12:41 PM
11/11/16 12:41 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Their priority was to make themselves wealthier.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: If Al Capone would survived to syphilis? [Re: Toodoped] #898164
11/11/16 01:21 PM
11/11/16 01:21 PM
In a wide open city
Tony_Pro Offline
Capo
Tony_Pro  Offline
Capo
In a wide open city
Originally Posted By: Toodoped
Snakes is pretty much right, Al would've served his 11 years prison sentence at the Rock, which probably would've crushed his huge ego. Yes he had the cash and maybe he would've ended up as just another John Torrio, retired in New York or Florida.

I believe that nobody was going to try and whack Capone because as Snakes pointed out, he was very well respected by Ricca, Humphreys, Guzik and the rest of the old timers. There are numreous wiretaps where Humphreys mentions the good old days during the Capone era. Al was Ricca's best man, he and Guzik went long way back and Accardo used to protect him.

But I cannot say the same thing about Giancana because he was the one who cancelled Sonny's so-called pension from the Outfit. During one conversation between Humphreys and Battaglia, Humphreys pointed out that there was no need for the younger generation, meaning Giancana, Ferraro and Alex, to cancel the monthly payment to Capone's son and family.

I've heard/read somewhere that Capone got disrespected and beat by guards and prisoners alike on the rock and that even before the syphilis started showing up he was "mentally broken". Any truth to this?

From everything I've seen, Capone was out the minute he was sentenced and the old timers were glad to have the heat off of them. I don't pay much attention to Chicago but appreciate your research.

Last edited by Tony_Pro; 11/11/16 01:23 PM.

This life of ours, this is a wonderful life. If you can get through life like this, hey, thats great. But it's very, very unpredictable. There are so many ways you can screw it up.-Paul Castellano (he would know)

"I'm not talking about Italians, I'm talking about criminals."-Joe Valachi
Re: If Al Capone would survived to syphilis? [Re: furio_from_naples] #898231
11/12/16 05:05 AM
11/12/16 05:05 AM
naples,italy

naples,italy
TonyPro as I read capone had the neuro syphilis that was more dangerous because eat the brain. For sure capone was a sociopath and enjoy ordering murders but was a street guy so I think he was beaten in the rock because the desease starting to stone him.
For the second question capone made to much heat and he was a war boss and after the prohibition the Outfit needed a low key boss; so with capone in Alcatraz and Ness in Cleveland the Outfit men could easly return to made money in the shadow.

Re: If Al Capone would survived to syphilis? [Re: furio_from_naples] #898249
11/12/16 09:22 AM
11/12/16 09:22 AM
Underground
Toodoped Offline
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Offline
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
@Baldo Yes, I've read about those rumours and let me be frank, I believe that those rumours might be true. Capone has done a lot of damage by bringing the heat which from that point on never went down. I also believe that the National crime syndicate and La Cosa Nostra also had problems with Capone but the thing was that he was far too lucrative and above all too dangerous. He was very well protected and had some of the best killers in the country under his rule. So its not something unusual for some of his close underlings, to try and take his position and to be glad for seeing him go. But as Snakes pointed out, he had a lot of allies but at the same time he also had a lot of enemies.

@Furio The story about Matty threatening the younger Kennedy is true. Matty was a drunk and didnt know what the hell he was talking about.

@Tony_Pro thanks a lot and I also appreaciate your support. There are dozens if not hundred of stories about Al Capone and I believe that I've also read somewhere that he was actually attacked in jail by some inmate or maybe a prison guard. If that was true, than I believe that individual was killed or dissapeared. Capone still received respect and proof for that is his family's so-called Outfit pension. They received it since the day he died in 1947 until the early 1960's. So thats almost 15 years and maybe more. Also, when he got out of jail he was often visited by some of the highest ranking Chicago mobsters at the time. He brought them into the organization, he organized them and made them rich. Obviously guys like Giancana later did not have much respect because they didnt roll with him. So as I previously stated that some were sad for seeing him go, but the most were happy.

Re: If Al Capone would survived to syphilis? [Re: Turnbull] #898280
11/12/16 02:14 PM
11/12/16 02:14 PM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Turnbull

According to the Federal Bureau of Narcotics, Ralph was still receiving visits from the likes of Humphreys, Accardo, Aiuppa, and some of those guys well into the 60's, and was still respected. Supposedly he still kicked up as well, from his prostitution & gambling rackets in Wisconsin. Capone's other brother, Ermino John is also referred to by them as a close associate at the time, even then, of numerous Outfit leaders, and had illegal rackets in collusion with them as well, while still living in Chicago. If what they say is true or not, Capone wouldn't have regained the reins of boss, but he possibly would've still been looked on to and held in an advisory role, like many of his time went on to do.

And there are numerous accounts of Capone being assaulted in prison.

Last edited by SinatraClub; 11/12/16 02:16 PM.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull