GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 142 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,095
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,360
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,487
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,218
Posts1,056,202
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Russian mob crew in Brighton Beach busted by DEA #898023
11/09/16 02:33 PM
11/09/16 02:33 PM
GangstersInc Offline OP
Underboss
GangstersInc  Offline OP
Underboss
Russian mob crew in Brighton Beach busted by DEA, IRS - Updated on Nov. 10

http://gangstersinc.ning.com/profiles/blogs/russian-mob-crew-in-brighton-beach-busted-by-dea-irs

Last edited by GangstersInc; 11/10/16 05:32 AM.

The best website about global organized crime & the Mafia: http://www.gangstersinc.org - Since 2001 - Want to write for us? Drop me a DM/mail!
Re: Russian mob crew in Brighton Beach busted by DEA [Re: GangstersInc] #898042
11/09/16 06:34 PM
11/09/16 06:34 PM
The Jersey Shore
D
DanteMoltisanti Offline
Underboss
DanteMoltisanti  Offline
D
Underboss
The Jersey Shore
That DEA Agent with the red hair is kinda sexy......

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/broo...ticle-1.2865940

Re: Russian mob crew in Brighton Beach busted by DEA [Re: DanteMoltisanti] #898079
11/10/16 07:07 AM
11/10/16 07:07 AM
S
Scorsese Offline
Underboss
Scorsese  Offline
S
Underboss
Jesus. thats extortion on another level. They are just following members of peoples family across the globe.

Re: Russian mob crew in Brighton Beach busted by DEA [Re: DanteMoltisanti] #898130
11/10/16 10:53 PM
11/10/16 10:53 PM
Philly Burbs
mikeyballs211 Offline
acting associate
mikeyballs211  Offline
acting associate
Underboss
Philly Burbs
Originally Posted By: DanteMoltisanti
That DEA Agent with the red hair is kinda sexy......

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/broo...ticle-1.2865940

Dante spot on, shes sexy af...

In the article it mentions the leader is still a fugitive, but i dont believe they said who he was? Any of the NY guys know, does the russian mob really have that much of a presence in Brighton Beach/Coney Island area? Theres a huge Russian population by where Im from in Bustleton/Trevose/NE Philly with rumored Russian mob crew there, but i cant ever find any concrete info

"No, no, you aint alrite Spyder you got alotta fuckin problems"
Re: Russian mob crew in Brighton Beach busted by DEA [Re: GangstersInc] #898144
11/11/16 05:20 AM
11/11/16 05:20 AM
Connecticut (CT)
CTamg63 Offline
Button
CTamg63  Offline
Button
Connecticut (CT)
Im with you guys thats a bad chick w the red hair shes got that look to her ya dont see many agents looking like that shed make a hell of a undercover lol

Re: Russian mob crew in Brighton Beach busted by DEA [Re: CTamg63] #898678
11/16/16 07:36 AM
11/16/16 07:36 AM
S
Scorsese Offline
Underboss
Scorsese  Offline
S
Underboss
EXCLUSIVE: Man loses chance at posting $1M bail in Brooklyn after his tattoos connect him to Russian mafia

BY JOHN MARZULLI
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Wednesday, November 16, 2016, 4:00 AM
Tats a made man in the Russian Mafia.

Federal prosecutors persuaded a Brooklyn judge to reject $1 million bail for a reputed mobster, arguing that his distinctive tattoos suggest that he is a made member of a notorious international crime group known as “thieves in law.”

Aleksey Tsvetkov had two stars tattooed on each shoulder while he was in prison serving a 78-month term for his last federal conviction for racketeering, extortion and assault in Coney Island and Brighton Beach.

Tsvetkov, 37, was arrested last week on similar charges in connection with a Brooklyn-based mob syndicate, but the tattoos indicate that his status in organized crime has changed since the prior case.

“He’s holding himself out as a ‘made man’ in this Russian Mafia,” Assistant U.S. Attorney Andrey Spektor argued Tuesday in Brooklyn Federal Court.

The prosecutor also pointed out that a Russian eagle tattooed on Tsvetkov’s side suggests he might flee to that country. Another tattoo of a cross on his right arm raised questions about Tsvetkov’s previous claims that feared persecution in his homeland because he is Jewish.

The new federal indictment alleges that Tsvetkov, a Ukrainian national, and eight co-defendants report to high-ranking thieves in law mobsters in Eastern Europe in connection with collecting extortion money and loansharking debts from victims overseas.

Defense lawyer Joel Cohen acknowledged that his client was a bad guy in the past, and did indeed get the thieves in law tattoos while doing time in prison.

“The fact that he has some tattoos is not indicative of who he is today,” Cohen argued.

“I actually have a dragon tattooed on my right arm. Does that mean I’m a member of China’s organized crime?”

Tsvetkov got the ink “to hold himself out as a tough guy ... that’s how you survive in prison,” Cohen added.

The lawyer also pointed out that thieves in law are prohibited from having a wife and children, legitimate jobs and cooperating with the police.

He said that Tsvetkov is married, has two young children, owns an auto body shop and called the NYPD about a customer who tried to commit insurance fraud.

But the prosecutor noted that the tattoos speak for themselves and that trying to falsely pass oneself off as a made member of thieves in law would be a death sentence.

Magistrate Judge Ramon Reyes ordered Tsvetkov held without bail.

Cohen is appealing the decision.

Re: Russian mob crew in Brighton Beach busted by DEA [Re: Scorsese] #899224
11/21/16 12:42 PM
11/21/16 12:42 PM
S
Scorsese Offline
Underboss
Scorsese  Offline
S
Underboss
EXCLUSIVE: Federal prosecutor claims reputed Russian gangster's 'sex toy' refers to guns

Tweet

email
Handout sent to John Marzulli
Reputed Russian mobster Leonid (Lenny) Gershman is pictured in this undated photo. (OBTAINED BY NEWS)
BY
JOHN MARZULLI
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Monday, November 21, 2016, 4:00 AM
She's a gangster’s babe in toyland.

A federal prosecutor argued Friday that reputed Russian racketeer Leonid Gershman should not be released on bail because he is prone to violence and talks in code about his access to guns.

In court in Brooklyn, Assistant U.S. Attorney Matthew Jacobs noted a wiretapped conversation in which Gershman, speaking to his girlfriend Lorena, referred to a gun hidden in his apartment as a “toy.”

Gershman’s lawyer Michael Fineman claimed his client was actually talking about a sex toy.

Feds bust 9 members of Brooklyn-based Russian criminal enterprise
Gershman was trying to direct Lorena — last name not disclosed — to a pile of cash stashed in the same hiding spot where he keeps his “toy.”

But in another wiretapped conversation with a criminal associate, Gershman ranted that he needed a “toy by Sunday” to deal with a gambler caught cheating at his high-stakes poker game.

“Toy” is often a street slang term for handgun.

Gershman whispered in Fineman’s ear and the mobster’s legal mouthpiece tried to shoot down the gun theory.

“It’s embarrassing, but the toy he is referring to was one of an intimate nature, not a weapon,” Fineman said with a straight face.

But Magistrate Judge Ramon Reyes shot back with an even better line.

“Is that the same toy as the one he ‘needed by Sunday ASAP?’ ” the judge asked.

“I find this issue of a toy ... a toy is a gun.”

Gershman, 33, is charged in a federal indictment of participating in extortion, loansharking, illegal gambling and drug trafficking for a crime syndicate based in Coney Island and Brighton Beach.

Lorena was reluctant to back up her boyfriend’s sex toy claim.
Lorena was reluctant to back up her boyfriend’s sex toy claim. (JESSE WARD)
He’s also the alleged go-between for the Brooklyn syndicate and high-ranking members of the Russian Mafia known as “thieves in law” in Eastern Europe, according to Jacobs.

Outside court on Friday, Lorena was reluctant to back up her boyfriend’s sex toy claim.

“I don’t really want to talk about it,” she told the Daily News.

No guns were seized by Drug Enforcement Administration agents who searched Gershman’s apartment, but a collection of knives and swords were found. Two large guns are tattooed on his chest.

Gershman, who was born in Moldova and raised in Israel, told the feds he earns $600 a month selling sunglasses and sneakers.

Re: Russian mob crew in Brighton Beach busted by DEA [Re: GangstersInc] #899230
11/21/16 02:09 PM
11/21/16 02:09 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
Did not read all the articles but the star on the right shoulder( or possibly both ) puts him at a captain in the Russian mafia .

Anyone wearing that tattoo that is not a real captain will be killed .

Last edited by Serpiente; 11/21/16 02:11 PM.

Cackling like a banty Rooster.

I love this," "I just love this."
Re: Russian mob crew in Brighton Beach busted by DEA [Re: GangstersInc] #899725
11/25/16 11:27 PM
11/25/16 11:27 PM
paris
M
miklo Offline
Capo
miklo  Offline
M
Capo
paris
Has Viktor Zellinger been arrested and is he the head of this network?

Re: Russian mob crew in Brighton Beach busted by DEA [Re: Serpiente] #899728
11/25/16 11:41 PM
11/25/16 11:41 PM
Philly Burbs
mikeyballs211 Offline
acting associate
mikeyballs211  Offline
acting associate
Underboss
Philly Burbs
Originally Posted By: Serpiente
Did not read all the articles but the star on the right shoulder( or possibly both ) puts him at a captain in the Russian mafia .

Serp you know alotta shit about south jersey/ Philly area..idk if u saw my post above but do u know anything about Russian mob presence in Northeast Philly? Specifically Bustleton Abe, Trevose, Levittown, Bensalem area? Thats where im from and my folks are still there..they're always telling me how theres fuckin commie sputnik russian pricks everywhere there and my Uncle's retired Bristol pd says he's always heard they have a bery active Russian mob cell operating there but theyre so highly insulated and habe anton of legit businessmen like massage parlors, /0-:, barber shops and shitty fuckin Russian restaurants that they can never tie them to shit....

theres 2 shopping centers on byberry rd amd bustleton ave that the names of the businesses are all in Fuckin Russian, drives me
Nuts...but curiou if you or anyone knows bout this area and Russian mob presence? I moved to MD yrs ago but before i left those Commie pricks were moving in like crazy

"No, no, you aint alrite Spyder you got alotta fuckin problems"
Re: Russian mob crew in Brighton Beach busted by DEA [Re: Serpiente] #899738
11/26/16 12:13 AM
11/26/16 12:13 AM
D
Dwalin2011 Offline
Underboss
Dwalin2011  Offline
D
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Serpiente

I think they are confusing something. A "captain" (in Russia they use the term "brigadeer"), an analogue of the "capo regime/capo decina", in the Russian crime organizations, doesn't necessarily wear tattoos, it's just a position which he gets if appointed by the boss.

While the tattoos and the risk of being killed if they lie about their position, this concerns the status of "thief in law" instead. If somebody says he is a thief-in-law (vor v zakone) and then it turns out he isn't, he most likely will be killed.

Thieves in law are a different thing than "brigadeers" and other hierarchical positions though, they rather indicate a sort of "special status" of "respect" in the criminal world, like the upper caste in the caste system in India, the criminals who are generally most respected by other criminals and can have the last word when solving disputes, if agreements can't be reached, have a special status in prison etc. But thieves in law aren't necessarily mafia bosses, they can be leaders of small gangs of robbers, they can even be pickpockets (at least until not so long ago).
They were formed during the earlier years of the Soviet Union, when the mafia in the modern sense of the word didn't yet exist in that country, due to the lack of possibility to make money as independent businessman, there were no private firms and companies, I mean somebody couldn't become a successful businessman or like the today's "oligarchs", since everything was controlled by the state. I mean, the only "mafia" existing back then was the Communist party itself, if we use the term "mafia" in a more wide sense of the word.

While racketeering, extortion of businesses, control of "cash flows", money laundering, all this appeared only at the end of 80s, when more economy freedom outside of control by the state was allowed. Before that, there were gangs and thieves in law, but the only economy they could control was the "black market" by directors of various fabbrics, state institutions who were making money on the side, like for example, when they were provided more material than was needed to priduce a specific quantity of goods requested by the state rules, so they produced additional things with the remaining materials and sold them, without reporting this additional income. Sorry, the economy isn't my strong side, but anyway, the point is some financial operations, even those legal today, were considered illegal in the Soviet Union, so only "illegal" businessmen existed, and they were the only possible targets for large-scale extortion. Since they did money in a way considered illegal then, they couldn't report the extortions without ending up in jail themselves, so that made them easy targets. However, extortion/racketeering was first introduced in the first 70s by Gennadiy "The Mongol" Korkov, who wasn't a thief in law, and his new way of making money was initially even met with distrust by the thieves in law. However, later they understood the profit and when he was sent to jail, they gave him a thief in law status. Vyacheslav "Little Japanese" Ivankov, the thief in law who did prison time in USA later, started in the "Mongol's" gang.

Last edited by Dwalin2011; 11/26/16 12:49 AM.

Willie Marfeo to Henry Tameleo:

1) "You people want a loaf of bread and you throw the crumbs back. Well, fuck you. I ain't closing down."

2) "Get out of here, old man. Go tell Raymond to go shit in his hat. We're not giving you anything."
Re: Russian mob crew in Brighton Beach busted by DEA [Re: GangstersInc] #899742
11/26/16 12:40 AM
11/26/16 12:40 AM
D
Dwalin2011 Offline
Underboss
Dwalin2011  Offline
D
Underboss
But the "thieves in law" aren't that much of a privilege status today (with several exceptions), since they have to be bound by some traditions, like they can't officialy register companies on their own names, they theoretically aren't allowed to marry, should do at least some prison time in their lives etc. Many of them don't observe those original rules today of course, and just buy the status, but anyway they still can't run for political elections and have other limits. Even the police takes them less seriously than those "new" gangsters formed in the 90s who don't necessarily have done prison time and don't have any formal "duty" to observe specific criminal traditions. For example, there is a widely used practice to plant drugs and weapons on thieves in law, if somebody needs to quickly remove them from the streets, they don't even bother with making "good" and "realistic" frame-ups: sometimes they "catch" with drugs a thief in law who is known for having a healthy life, doing much sport and could in no way be a user, while if he was a dealer, he surely wouldn't be that stupid to keep the drugs in his own pocket, while walking through the city. The fact that planting drungs and weapons has become a widely used practice, shows that thieves in law aren't really feared or held in much regard by the police and their criminal rivals, connected to the police. They are some exceptions, like Vladimir Tiurin from Bratsk, Oleg Shishkanov from Moscow, or like the already dead Aslan Usoyan, their status is still powerful, but they are exceptions, in my opinion the fact the police doesn't use clumsy frame-ups to put them away, this is "in spite of" they are thieves in law, and not "because" they are thieves in law.

On the other hand, when it comes to "businessmen" or "politician" criminals who don't belong to the conservative wing of the underworld and don't have the thief in law status, but are owners of big companies, banks, hold political offices etc, the police doesn't dare to put drugs in their pockets to have an excuse to arrest them, or they are afraid to beat them up in prison. Look at the "Solntsevskaya bratva" boss Sergei Mikhailov, who got a public award from Putin, and other Russian mafia bosses of "new formation". Many years ago a policeman "dared" to strike MIkhailov on the head during a search oh his house, they made it national news, unlike the everyday arrests of thieves in law.

It's even worse: the n.3 of the Solntsevskaya, Alexander Averin and his "soldiers", in 2007 beat up senseless and broke the jaw of an official of the FSO, an institution that provides bodyguards for politicians, including the president. The police had a hard time to arrest him. When they finally managed to do so, Averin wreaked havoc at the station, took a printer from a table, threw it on the floor, cursed at the policemen and his own lawyer, almost started another fight right there at the station, and the policemen didn't even react or "dare" to handcuff him and force him to calm down. The same day he was out on bail, even though his behavior at the station was filmed by the cameras, and later he was not only acquitted, but the judge said he had the right to a financial compensation. I am not joking, if you want, I can post a link to one of the articles about this trial outcome. The beaten-up FSO official said too, he had no complaints against Averin. And you know why did he beat that man up? Because he "dared" to try to prevent Averin and his gang from raping a waitress in a restaurant on "his territory", publicly during the day! Nobody brought an indictment for this attempted gang rape, which happened in a restaurant full of people.

To sum it up: in Russia not only you can be a gangster and get away with it if you are poweful enough. You can be even a DUMB gangster and get away with it. You can be BRAINLESS AS A TREE STUMP and behave in a way that corresponds to this description, and still get away with it, even if you do it in front of the cameras. It's insane, but it's true.

Don't know why doesn't Putin put away the "Solntsevskaya" bosses, why does he NEED them. Theoretically, having no scruples from a legal or moral point of view, he could frame them for something to have an excuse to confiscate all the immense financial empire they have built, solving many of Russia's economy problems in this way, and even leaving something to pocket for himsef and his friends. Still, he prefers them to remain free, even dumb assholes like Averin.

Last edited by Dwalin2011; 11/26/16 12:58 AM.

Willie Marfeo to Henry Tameleo:

1) "You people want a loaf of bread and you throw the crumbs back. Well, fuck you. I ain't closing down."

2) "Get out of here, old man. Go tell Raymond to go shit in his hat. We're not giving you anything."
Re: Russian mob crew in Brighton Beach busted by DEA [Re: GangstersInc] #986755
02/21/20 12:08 PM
02/21/20 12:08 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

Haha same temper as Yaponchik.

Yeezy-obsessed mobster loses his temper during sentencing

https://nypost.com/2020/02/20/yeezy-obsessed-mobster-loses-his-temper-during-sentencing/

"The king is dead, long live the king!"
Re: Russian mob crew in Brighton Beach busted by DEA [Re: GangstersInc] #986756
02/21/20 12:26 PM
02/21/20 12:26 PM
GangstersInc Offline OP
Underboss
GangstersInc  Offline OP
Underboss
Porsches and Yeezys – Profile of New York crime boss Aleksey Tsvetkov http://gangstersinc.ning.com/profil...le-of-new-york-crime-boss-aleksey-tsvetk

The best website about global organized crime & the Mafia: http://www.gangstersinc.org - Since 2001 - Want to write for us? Drop me a DM/mail!
Re: Russian mob crew in Brighton Beach busted by DEA [Re: GangstersInc] #986757
02/21/20 01:34 PM
02/21/20 01:34 PM
LV
F
flamingokid123 Offline
Underboss
flamingokid123  Offline
F
Underboss
LV
Originally Posted by GangstersInc
Porsches and Yeezys – Profile of New York crime boss Aleksey Tsvetkov http://gangstersinc.ning.com/profil...le-of-new-york-crime-boss-aleksey-tsvetk

A good friend of mine has a used car lot
Everytime its gets a Porsche Cayenne in inventory. . It's a Russian from NYC buying it.

Re: Russian mob crew in Brighton Beach busted by DEA [Re: GangstersInc] #986765
02/21/20 05:02 PM
02/21/20 05:02 PM
L
Lenox Offline
Underboss
Lenox  Offline
L
Underboss
Most of those russians/ ukranians out of brighten beach are jewish. They fled russia because russiana do not like jews. Not all but many dont. I know/ knew a knew russians and ukranians from that area in the 90’s.

Last edited by Lenox; 02/21/20 05:02 PM.
Re: Russian mob crew in Brighton Beach busted by DEA [Re: GangstersInc] #986792
02/22/20 01:12 AM
02/22/20 01:12 AM
Extortion Offline
Underboss
Extortion  Offline
Underboss
I met someone in this crew. The guy i met was actually puerto rican and he told me the way they got caught was talking.....on the phone. Go figure the most “advanced reputation for technology” crime group

Last edited by Extortion; 02/25/20 01:03 AM.
Re: Russian mob crew in Brighton Beach busted by DEA [Re: GangstersInc] #986799
02/22/20 04:56 AM
02/22/20 04:56 AM
LuanKuci Offline
Underboss
LuanKuci  Offline
Underboss
^ As with many other over-hyped criminal groups (who were supposed to get rid of the LCN in a couple of hours), turns out they’re as prone to sloppiness as everyone else.

The difference is that nobody says “the Russian mob is dead!” whenever they get busted by being boorish or for being involved in low-level activities.

God forbid a wiseguy gets arrested for dumbly talking about crimes over the phone or for selling contraband Pokémon cards and you won’t be able to keep up with all the articles mocking the whole Mafia...

Re: Russian mob crew in Brighton Beach busted by DEA [Re: GangstersInc] #986802
02/22/20 06:07 AM
02/22/20 06:07 AM
TheKillingJoke Offline
Underboss
TheKillingJoke  Offline
Underboss
Funny thing is that you still hear more about the supposedly-dead LCN in NYC than the all-powerful Russians.
If any mob nowadays seems to be barely viable in NYC it's the Russians.

Re: Russian mob crew in Brighton Beach busted by DEA [Re: GangstersInc] #986817
02/22/20 04:08 PM
02/22/20 04:08 PM
M
Moscone65 Offline
Made Member
Moscone65  Offline
M
Made Member
Mostly a bunch of kids doing half ass shit. Theres a few crews of these kinda guys and sure maybe some higher level guys from russia that have homes in the nyc area with some business interests, but in general still small time even compared to the "reduced" italian presence these days. You got 5 big families, one smaller family across the river, and not to mention small ndrangheta cells, sicilians, camorra, ect. Thats hundreds of serious wiseguys, plus thousands of wannabees, up and comers, non italians ect all working for the familes. Compare that to what, a hundred or so russian goons in brighton beach, maybe a couple dozen somewhat serious russians spread through nyc. Yet you still hear how the russians are so powerful, friggin mongoloids who say that shit...

Re: Russian mob crew in Brighton Beach busted by DEA [Re: GangstersInc] #986870
02/23/20 09:04 PM
02/23/20 09:04 PM
Extortion Offline
Underboss
Extortion  Offline
Underboss
the guy i met who was actually puerto rican trafficked the marijuana for them. He wasnt involved in anythin gun else and they were doing it for 13 years plus

Last edited by Extortion; 02/25/20 01:04 AM.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull