GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 111 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,332
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,699
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,501
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,277
Posts1,057,684
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Video of Trump with mob figure surfaces #897493
11/02/16 09:05 AM
11/02/16 09:05 AM
baldo Offline OP
Capo
baldo  Offline OP
Capo
https://www.yahoo.com/news/video-shows-trump-with-mob-figure-he-denied-knowing-090025964.html

Not trying to start a political debate but found it relevant to the board.

Re: Video of Trump with mob figure surfaces [Re: baldo] #897495
11/02/16 11:01 AM
11/02/16 11:01 AM
The Jersey Shore
D
DanteMoltisanti Offline
Underboss
DanteMoltisanti  Offline
D
Underboss
The Jersey Shore

Re: Video of Trump with mob figure surfaces [Re: baldo] #897496
11/02/16 11:13 AM
11/02/16 11:13 AM
Chicago and Cleveland
FriendoftheFamily Offline
Made Member
FriendoftheFamily  Offline
Made Member
Chicago and Cleveland
Obviously he wanted to accommodate a High Roller and keep peace.

Re: Video of Trump with mob figure surfaces [Re: baldo] #897535
11/02/16 11:07 PM
11/02/16 11:07 PM
Green Grove Retirement Communi...
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
It's amazing he'd ever associate himself with such a career criminal. He must be embarrassed this got out. This should teach him to stay away from Donald Trump from now on.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: Video of Trump with mob figure surfaces [Re: OakAsFan] #897536
11/03/16 01:25 AM
11/03/16 01:25 AM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
Originally Posted By: OakAsFan
It's amazing he'd ever associate himself with such a career criminal. He must be embarrassed this got out. This should teach him to stay away from Donald Trump from now on.

Libutti has been dead for a few years now. How he lived that long surprises me, considering Gotti talked about about on tape, of all the money he lost on sports. Gotti placed bets on Libutti picks.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: Video of Trump with mob figure surfaces [Re: Giacomo_Vacari] #897560
11/03/16 04:53 PM
11/03/16 04:53 PM
Ted Offline
Underboss
Ted  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari

Libutti has been dead for a few years now. How he lived that long surprises me, considering Gotti talked about about on tape, of all the money he lost on sports. Gotti placed bets on Libutti picks.

I think OakAsFan was making a joke towards trump.

"I die outside; I die in jail. It don't matter to me," -John Franzese
Re: Video of Trump with mob figure surfaces [Re: Ted] #897562
11/03/16 04:58 PM
11/03/16 04:58 PM
ralphie_cifaretto Offline
Underboss
ralphie_cifaretto  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Ted

I think so too. I've seen Oak's posts..he's a trump supporter. Loves him..bigly.

Re: Video of Trump with mob figure surfaces [Re: baldo] #897565
11/03/16 05:21 PM
11/03/16 05:21 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
No big deal. Just a career thief with no regard for honest citizens in general, and Robert LiButti.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: Video of Trump with mob figure surfaces [Re: Ted] #897567
11/03/16 05:35 PM
11/03/16 05:35 PM
B
Blackjack2121 Offline
Underboss
Blackjack2121  Offline
B
Underboss

Yeah he was it was just so unfunny it was hard to tell lol

"pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty bad" - Larry David

Re: Video of Trump with mob figure surfaces [Re: baldo] #897574
11/03/16 06:38 PM
11/03/16 06:38 PM
DiLorenzo Offline
Underboss
DiLorenzo  Offline
Underboss
Trump will make LCN great again !!

Re: Video of Trump with mob figure surfaces [Re: DiLorenzo] #897579
11/03/16 06:48 PM
11/03/16 06:48 PM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
Originally Posted By: DiLorenzo

He already did that. Most people in their right minds would pick Bellomo or Crea as president instead of Trump.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: Video of Trump with mob figure surfaces [Re: DiLorenzo] #897584
11/03/16 08:01 PM
11/03/16 08:01 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: DiLorenzo

They wouldn't take him, just like the country doesn't seem to be electing him. He's a real estate agent with a tv show, nothing more.

Re: Video of Trump with mob figure surfaces [Re: baldo] #897588
11/03/16 11:46 PM
11/03/16 11:46 PM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
@Oakasfan,
What's the context of your 'signature' (the Tieri, 'Hit' dialogue) please?

Last edited by SonnyBlackstein; 11/03/16 11:46 PM.

MORGAN: Why didn't you fight him at the park if you wanted to? I'm not goin' now, I'm eatin' my snack.
CHUCKIE: Morgan, Let's go.
MORGAN: I'm serious Chuckie, I ain't goin'.
WILL: So don't go.
Re: Video of Trump with mob figure surfaces [Re: baldo] #897589
11/03/16 11:54 PM
11/03/16 11:54 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
A conversation I overheard years ago at a restaurant.

Or maybe it was from Jimmy Frattiano's book...

Re: Video of Trump with mob figure surfaces [Re: ralphie_cifaretto] #897590
11/04/16 12:10 AM
11/04/16 12:10 AM
M
MightyDR Offline
Underboss
MightyDR  Offline
M
Underboss
Originally Posted By: ralphie_cifaretto

I think so too. I've seen Oak's posts..he's a trump supporter. Loves him..bigly.

lol

In all seriousness though, I believe Trump if he says he doesn't recognize or remember the guy. Probably dealt with a lot of high rollers. He can't do extreme vetting for all of them.

@OakAsFan. That "I vote hit" section from Fratianno's book was one of the best parts. He has some good, albeit brief, insight into the Genovese family at that time.

Last edited by MightyDR; 11/04/16 12:11 AM.
Re: Video of Trump with mob figure surfaces [Re: baldo] #897591
11/04/16 12:21 AM
11/04/16 12:21 AM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
Jimmy the Weasel and Greg Scarpa were the two guys pointing figures at Gigante in the late 1970s. Jimmy even said he did not know why Chin was at that meeting, since Jimmy claimed Tieri was boss, Salerno was Underboss, and Zeccardi was the consigliere in the Genovese Crime Family. Scarpa said the Chin had a lot of pull in New York, and New Jersey.

Re: Video of Trump with mob figure surfaces [Re: baldo] #897592
11/04/16 12:41 AM
11/04/16 12:41 AM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Vacari, real quick, then we'll get back to the Trump bashing.

Why did the commission even bother recognizing the west coast families when they clearly didn't want to do business with them? It's obvious they preferred the Jewish gangsters like Siegel and Coen to represent them out west. I know in Roselli's book he talks about vouching for Dragna. Why? It seems that recognizing the west coast families and officially making them part of the national syndicate was as far as their respect went. Beyond that, they seemed to view the west coast families as an annoyance.

I made the mistake of buying that Lanza book. There's like no information about him. Most of the book was about well known mob stuff elsewhere around the country. Did Lanza ever do anything mob related? Same for San Jose.

Re: Video of Trump with mob figure surfaces [Re: OakAsFan] #897596
11/04/16 01:40 AM
11/04/16 01:40 AM
M
MightyDR Offline
Underboss
MightyDR  Offline
M
Underboss

Why did the commission even bother recognizing the west coast families when they clearly didn't want to do business with them? It's obvious they preferred the Jewish gangsters like Siegel and Coen to represent them out west. I know in Roselli's book he talks about vouching for Dragna. Why? It seems that recognizing the west coast families and officially making them part of the national syndicate was as far as their respect went. Beyond that, they seemed to view the west coast families as an annoyance.

I made the mistake of buying that Lanza book. There's like no information about him. Most of the book was about well known mob stuff elsewhere around the country. Did Lanza ever do anything mob related? Same for San Jose.

At one time they were a decent sized criminal organization. On top of that like you said Roselli was their link to Chicago and Dragna seemed close with Tommy Luchese. I guess it is just because they're all part of Cosa Nostra. The big families didn't need to respect any of the little families but they did anyway.

Re: Video of Trump with mob figure surfaces [Re: baldo] #897597
11/04/16 01:44 AM
11/04/16 01:44 AM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
Cheers Oaks.

Who were they voting on hitting?

MORGAN: Why didn't you fight him at the park if you wanted to? I'm not goin' now, I'm eatin' my snack.
CHUCKIE: Morgan, Let's go.
MORGAN: I'm serious Chuckie, I ain't goin'.
WILL: So don't go.
Re: Video of Trump with mob figure surfaces [Re: SonnyBlackstein] #897598
11/04/16 02:15 AM
11/04/16 02:15 AM
C
carlitosway Offline
Wiseguy
carlitosway  Offline
C
Wiseguy
Originally Posted By: SonnyBlackstein
Cheers Oaks.

Joe Ullo

Re: Video of Trump with mob figure surfaces [Re: baldo] #897599
11/04/16 02:17 AM
11/04/16 02:17 AM
Chicago
C
CabriniGreen Offline
Underboss
CabriniGreen  Offline
C
Underboss
Chicago
@oak

I gotta read Frattianos book now lol...

@ Giacomo

Another quick aside if you will, on the west coast families. Oak brings up a fantastic point, probably should be another thread. I really think they only recognized these families, to take advantage of markets they wanted to tap into.
" Making" guys in these families is the mechanism they used to " Privatize" the criminal business connections, concentrating them firmly in the hands of LCN affiliated gangsters.

Example; Cerrito of what, San Jose? He was close to Galante. I'm thinking drug imports is the real only reason for that family to exist. I would bet the others were similar situations....

Okay my 2 cents, back to Trump, personally, I think he has no real chance anyway, the Clintons are gangsters, that guy is a lightweight lol....

Re: Video of Trump with mob figure surfaces [Re: CabriniGreen] #897603
11/04/16 02:33 AM
11/04/16 02:33 AM
C
carlitosway Offline
Wiseguy
carlitosway  Offline
C
Wiseguy
Originally Posted By: CabriniGreen
@oak

I gotta read Frattianos book now lol...

@ Giacomo

Another quick aside if you will, on the west coast families. Oak brings up a fantastic point, probably should be another thread. I really think they only recognized these families, to take advantage of markets they wanted to tap into.
" Making" guys in these families is the mechanism they used to " Privatize" the criminal business connections, concentrating them firmly in the hands of LCN affiliated gangsters.

Example; Cerrito of what, San Jose? He was close to Galante. I'm thinking drug imports is the real only reason for that family to exist. I would bet the others were similar situations....

Okay my 2 cents, back to Trump, personally, I think he has no real chance anyway, the Clintons are gangsters, that guy is a lightweight lol....

it was all about connections. Networking. Opportunities.

Re: Video of Trump with mob figure surfaces [Re: SonnyBlackstein] #897604
11/04/16 02:35 AM
11/04/16 02:35 AM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar

OakAsFan, San Francisco and San Jose both had strong relations with other families. Joe Profaci and Joe Bonanno both had great relations with San Jose.
The Sciortinos of those westcoast families since they are entrenched in all three, were made members in New York during the 1910s, before heading out west.
Dragnas of L.A. were close to Tommy Lucchese, since Jack and Tom were once in Gagliano's gang, before he hooked up with Tommy Reina, and the Dragnas headed west like the Sciortinos due to Tommy Gagliano cousin turning informant in the 1910's and was giving names of those involved in murders in Manhattan and the Bronx.
The commission recognized San Francisco since it was one of the oldest groups in America, as old as New Orleans, but younger than N.O. The commission recognized lot of families, since the Castellammarese War was over, and they did not want anymore fighting, so the members across the US, who were aligned with one of the New York factions, became their own official families in the eyes of the Commission. This was a way to stop the fighting and bring in money.
East coast families and midwest families trusted their own guys out there instead of the families operating in those cities, cause their guys would report on the happenings and flow of cash coming to them. In the mobs eyes, Jews were big time money makers, plus Lansky vouched for many of them on the west coast, which was good enough for New York.

Cheers Oaks.

A soldier in their own family who was living in the L.A. area. If the guy was in New York City, or Northern New Jersey, they would not have needed to get permission from Los Angeles to hit him. Protocol states if the target is in a city controlled by another family, they must get permission from that family to do the hit.
I don't know who the guy was, nor did the Weasel.

Re: Video of Trump with mob figure surfaces [Re: baldo] #897605
11/04/16 02:36 AM
11/04/16 02:36 AM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Frattiano's book is somewhat interesting. A lot of info and great stories about a Los Angeles that's long, long gone. He's a little full of himself. He makes the mistake of thinking the reader might care about him personally. I think most people picked up this book because "mafia in LA? Awesome!".

Re: Video of Trump with mob figure surfaces [Re: baldo] #897607
11/04/16 02:46 AM
11/04/16 02:46 AM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Thanks again, Vacari. I know you've broken down the west coast and Vegas in the past, I was just too lazy to search, so I thought I'd make a quick request and see what I could get. lol. Great information, as usual.

Thank you Cabrini, Carlito and Mighty DR, too.

Re: Video of Trump with mob figure surfaces [Re: Giacomo_Vacari] #897609
11/04/16 02:50 AM
11/04/16 02:50 AM
C
carlitosway Offline
Wiseguy
carlitosway  Offline
C
Wiseguy

OakAsFan, San Francisco and San Jose both had strong relations with other families. Joe Profaci and Joe Bonanno both had great relations with San Jose.
The Sciortinos of those westcoast families since they are entrenched in all three, were made members in New York during the 1910s, before heading out west.
Dragnas of L.A. were close to Tommy Lucchese, since Jack and Tom were once in Gagliano's gang, before he hooked up with Tommy Reina, and the Dragnas headed west like the Sciortinos due to Tommy Gagliano cousin turning informant in the 1910's and was giving names of those involved in murders in Manhattan and the Bronx.
The commission recognized San Francisco since it was one of the oldest groups in America, as old as New Orleans, but younger than N.O. The commission recognized lot of families, since the Castellammarese War was over, and they did not want anymore fighting, so the members across the US, who were aligned with one of the New York factions, became their own official families in the eyes of the Commission. This was a way to stop the fighting and bring in money.
East coast families and midwest families trusted their own guys out there instead of the families operating in those cities, cause their guys would report on the happenings and flow of cash coming to them. In the mobs eyes, Jews were big time money makers, plus Lansky vouched for many of them on the west coast, which was good enough for New York.

Cheers Oaks.

A soldier in their own family who was living in the L.A. area. If the guy was in New York City, or Northern New Jersey, they would not have needed to get permission from Los Angeles to hit him. Protocol states if the target is in a city controlled by another family, they must get permission from that family to do the hit.
I don't know who the guy was, nor did the Weasel.

The guy was Joseph Ullo. Nickname was Joe Spencer. Fratianno knew who the guy was. in a previous post I said that the national mob syndicate is all about networking. Rizzi was close to Fratianno, Rizzi was close to Molinas who was murdered in 75, A suspect in that murder was Ullo who was with the Genovese Family. They were all mixed up in the porn industry with the Peraino's in the Colombo Family which Rizzi was apart of until he broke off and went to Cali after the 1st Colombo War.

Last edited by carlitosway; 11/04/16 03:22 AM.
Re: Video of Trump with mob figure surfaces [Re: baldo] #897615
11/04/16 03:38 AM
11/04/16 03:38 AM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
Thank you carlitosway.

Joseph Cerrito was close to Frank Garofalo in the Bonannos most of all. Cerrito was made in the Profaci family a young, like age 20 or 21, before he moved to San Jose. He was close to Salvatore Profaci, brother to Joe Profaci, Sebastian Nangi, and John Misuraca all three of the Profaci family. He did not care to much for Joe Colombo, but did show respect when he needed to. Cerrito was not that close to Galante, they only made a business arrangement in 75' or 76. Carmine was smart to get the smaller families on his side, before he became too greedy. Galante was close to Vincenzo Figlia, plus Salvatore Vassallo and Tony Ditri were both former Bonanno soldiers who were involved in Narcotics, Vassallo got out of that sometime in the mid 1970s, but not before setting up that meeting between Cerrito and Galante.

Donald Trump. At this stage, how is he still relevant? His own party can't stand him, and his faithful supporter could support Joseph Stalin and Adolf Hitler as well it seems.

Re: Video of Trump with mob figure surfaces [Re: baldo] #897616
11/04/16 04:03 AM
11/04/16 04:03 AM
Chicago
C
CabriniGreen Offline
Underboss
CabriniGreen  Offline
C
Underboss
Chicago
@ Giacomo

Again, great stuff my man, I've recently been pouring through a lot of previous threads and post, you ALWAYS had good info, Imo..... You even came through in my old King of Dope thread lol...

I think I said it before, I have a VERY hard time seeing you as anything BUT a serious poster....

A little off topic again but, Garafolo. Another guy who needs a thread of his own, VERY INTERESTING GUY, forgotten about almost it seems. I think Galante did the Tresca hit for him as much as Genovese, in fact, maybe HES the one who actually ordered it, what do,you think?

Last edited by CabriniGreen; 11/04/16 04:05 AM.
Re: Video of Trump with mob figure surfaces [Re: baldo] #897618
11/04/16 04:15 AM
11/04/16 04:15 AM
Chicago
C
CabriniGreen Offline
Underboss
CabriniGreen  Offline
C
Underboss
Chicago
Also, I love your explanation of the West Coast families, how they were recognized as ” Families" as a mechanism for peace and profitability, more so than they were these huge organizations. Like carlitosway pointed out, a mechanism for networking above all else. THIS IS WHAT LCN is/was about, networking, the question of what exactly makes a family a family still kinda comes up a lot. These would have been considered crews otherwise, by a lot of people's definition of " Family".

Good, good stuff, all you guys in here....appreciated

Re: Video of Trump with mob figure surfaces [Re: baldo] #897619
11/04/16 05:15 AM
11/04/16 05:15 AM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
Sources say Vito Genovese ordered the Tresca hit, but in all likely hood, the order came from Joe Bonanno. Frank Garafolo had more reason for wanting Tresca dead, as he was shedding a lot of light to the general public about Frank Garafolo, Frank Lubrizzi, Natale Evola, Angelo Caruso and Giovanni Bonventre operations in New York City. All were Joe Bonannos top guys.
Now comes a good question, Why did the commission allow it? Or if they didn't, why was no retribution dealt out for that breach?
Answer, cause Tresca was also shedding light on the other families in New York City as well.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull