GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (RushStreet), 125 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,094
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,353
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,485
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,214
Posts1,056,172
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
You guys ever notice this ?? #897000
10/25/16 09:21 AM
10/25/16 09:21 AM
C
Crash Offline OP
Capo
Crash  Offline OP
C
Capo
You guys ever notice this? Anytime someone says; " that used to be a great neighborhood, now its so dangerous".
Its always because blacks moved in. You never see a neighborhood turn to shit/ high crime when Polish people move in. Maybe puerto rican to a certain extent but my god, anytime a white hood goes to black, it becomes violent.
Its so true, you just cant argue with facts.

Last edited by Crash; 10/25/16 09:22 AM.
Re: You guys ever notice this ?? [Re: Crash] #897010
10/25/16 12:21 PM
10/25/16 12:21 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
I have to comment on this. I grew up in the Larimer Ave area of Pittsburgh which was known as Pittsburgh's Little Italy. Yes, the Avenue was dominated by Italians, but there were plenty of other ethnicities that lived there also. It was a vibrant, attractive Avenue with business dotting the landscape, and houses and apartments along it and its side streets. That was in the 60s and maybe just slightly into the 70s.

Through Google earth, take a look at it now. You'll see huge swaths of empty lots and dilapidated housing. It has no life. It's been that way for a few decades now. So, why? What happened? What's the variable? Black Americans moved in; that's what happened. Drive up and down the Avenue and its side-streets. You won't see white people, or Hispanic people, or Asian people. You will see black people. It's such a tragedy. The white people left, the Italians and poles, and Germans, and Slovaks left, the Catholics and Protestants left.

Over the last few decades when I would visit Pittsburgh and tell my dad that my sisters and I were going to visit the old neighborhood, he would tell me: "Be careful." It was good advice.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: You guys ever notice this ?? [Re: olivant] #897100
10/26/16 09:22 PM
10/26/16 09:22 PM
n.e.philly
hoodlum Offline
Underboss
hoodlum  Offline
Underboss
n.e.philly
Originally Posted By: olivant
I have to comment on this. I grew up in the Larimer Ave area of Pittsburgh which was known as Pittsburgh's Little Italy. Yes, the Avenue was dominated by Italians, but there were plenty of other ethnicities that lived there also. It was a vibrant, attractive Avenue with business dotting the landscape, and houses and apartments along it and its side streets. That was in the 60s and maybe just slightly into the 70s.

Through Google earth, take a look at it now. You'll see huge swaths of empty lots and dilapidated housing. It has no life. It's been that way for a few decades now. So, why? What happened? What's the variable? Black Americans moved in; that's what happened. Drive up and down the Avenue and its side-streets. You won't see white people, or Hispanic people, or Asian people. You will see black people. It's such a tragedy. The white people left, the Italians and poles, and Germans, and Slovaks left, the Catholics and Protestants left.

Over the last few decades when I would visit Pittsburgh and tell my dad that my sisters and I were going to visit the old neighborhood, he would tell me: "Be careful." It was good advice.
...And I must also comment,although i am in fear of being called a certain label in this day & age of political correctness,i am simply stating an example of truth...I grew up in mayfair ,n.e.phila.,the streets were lined w/pretty trees,everyones front lawn was manicured w/rose bushes,birdbaths & lawn sculptures etc.(circa 60s to the early 80s) I moved out in 82 & all was the same until about early 90s. The neighborhood was predominantly jewish or us roman catholic..Now, if i cruise through( w/windows up & doors locked) it looks devastated, no trees,unkempt yards.TRASH on the curbs & sidewalks,NO FUCKIN'BIRDS!..turn on the 11o clock news & the 1rst thing u hear 4 the next 10 minutes the words SHOT,SHOOT,KILLED ,ROBBED OR MURDERED...alot of it in the once beautiful place i roamed ,rode my bike,went to the store for elderly neighbors(kids could b trusted w/someone elses money back then,we respected our elders),built snowmen, shoveled snow 2 EARN a buck,,BORN & RAISED ..u get the idea..what happened??? take a fuckin' guess. Sorry if my honesty offended anyone,but it burns me up 2 c my birthplace turned into a ghetto.

I didn't want to leave blood on your carpet...
Re: You guys ever notice this ?? [Re: hoodlum] #897101
10/26/16 09:27 PM
10/26/16 09:27 PM
n.e.philly
hoodlum Offline
Underboss
hoodlum  Offline
Underboss
n.e.philly
RE:olivant & crash..ur gonna get me in trouble ,getting me all worked up like that..LOL

Re: You guys ever notice this ?? [Re: hoodlum] #897108
10/26/16 11:03 PM
10/26/16 11:03 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
One of my favorite guys here, Pizza, used to write that there is some truth behind stereotypes. That they don't appear out of thin air. I always respected his honesty.

Crash is clearly trolling , but I CANNOT dispute anything by Oli or Hoodlum.I've lived in a few places and my experience is that the number and % of regular civil Black folks is dwindling and larger % of Black folks are just BAD neighbors.

Hoodlum, Trump's rise is partly based on people not being able to tell their version of the truth for fear of being labeled a bigot,etc.

Reality is reality. The existence of the mafia doesn't mean that every Italian American or Sicilian American is a gangster, but the mafia does exist. By the same token, if people look at archive pictures/footage of many cities, you can literally pinpoint the exact era that neighborhoods declined. Not opinion, but facts. It is what it is.

What I've been able to do a few times, and for several family members, is to drive the bad element out of neighborhoods or blocks before they become irreparably damaged. The formula is no different than what the newcomers do when an area is initially becoming gentrified.

Re: You guys ever notice this ?? [Re: Crash] #897122
10/27/16 09:33 AM
10/27/16 09:33 AM
C
Crash Offline OP
Capo
Crash  Offline OP
C
Capo
If you look at the sad story hoodlum tells, even the birds had to leave his old neighborhood. Pretty sad.
The blacks just live a little differently than whites.

Re: You guys ever notice this ?? [Re: Crash] #897128
10/27/16 10:58 AM
10/27/16 10:58 AM
C
Crash Offline OP
Capo
Crash  Offline OP
C
Capo
One other observation. I go to a certain chinese restaurant and i asked the owner a question. I said, Mr. Tong, what do you say to yourself when a group of white kids walk into your restaurant? He replied : " hope they like food ".

I then asked him this. Mr Tong, what do you say to yourself when a group of black home boys stroll into your restaurant ?
He replied: " here come trouble ."

Now this guy isnt observant and philosophical when it comes to race like i am so his words really speak volumes.

Last edited by Crash; 10/27/16 10:59 AM.
Re: You guys ever notice this ?? [Re: Crash] #897129
10/27/16 11:12 AM
10/27/16 11:12 AM
Past caring, then hang a left
H
helenwheels Offline
Underboss
helenwheels  Offline
H
Underboss
What's the matter Pogo, no one to play with at the other site today?

All God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

I never met anyone who didn't have a very smart child. What happens to these children, you wonder, when they reach adulthood?

Re: You guys ever notice this ?? [Re: Crash] #897168
10/27/16 07:19 PM
10/27/16 07:19 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline
Underboss
far, northwest
it's happened all over the country, look at Chicago, old neigborhoods now murder capitals, I grew up in orange co, calif in the 50s early 60s came to cda id, in 1968, went back to my home town in 1982, all Asians, block, after block, it's never going to get any better, we will always remember the way it was.

like Thomas wolfe says, "YOU CAN'T GO HOME AGAIN"

Last edited by Binnie_Coll; 10/27/16 07:20 PM.

" watch what you say around this guy, he's got a big mouth" sam giancana to an outfit soldier about frank Sinatra. [ from the book "my way"
Re: You guys ever notice this ?? [Re: getthesenets] #897180
10/28/16 12:05 AM
10/28/16 12:05 AM
n.e.philly
hoodlum Offline
Underboss
hoodlum  Offline
Underboss
n.e.philly
Originally Posted By: getthesenets
One of my favorite guys here, Pizza, used to write that there is some truth behind stereotypes. That they don't appear out of thin air. I always respected his honesty.

Crash is clearly trolling , but I CANNOT dispute anything by Oli or Hoodlum.I've lived in a few places and my experience is that the number and % of regular civil Black folks is dwindling and larger % of Black folks are just BAD neighbors.

Hoodlum, Trump's rise is partly based on people not being able to tell their version of the truth for fear of being labeled a bigot,etc.

Reality is reality. The existence of the mafia doesn't mean that every Italian American or Sicilian American is a gangster, but the mafia does exist. By the same token, if people look at archive pictures/footage of many cities, you can literally pinpoint the exact era that neighborhoods declined. Not opinion, but facts. It is what it is.

What I've been able to do a few times, and for several family members, is to drive the bad element out of neighborhoods or blocks before they become irreparably damaged. The formula is no different than what the newcomers do when an area is initially becoming gentrified.
Thanx 4 the feed nets..but i'm a little confused on your very last sentence. Layman's terms please?(if u want,that is).

Re: You guys ever notice this ?? [Re: Crash] #897196
10/28/16 10:44 AM
10/28/16 10:44 AM
CT
M
mightyhealthy Offline
Underboss
mightyhealthy  Offline
M
Underboss
CT
All of the jobs left.

Re: You guys ever notice this ?? [Re: Crash] #897197
10/28/16 10:53 AM
10/28/16 10:53 AM
C
Crash Offline OP
Capo
Crash  Offline OP
C
Capo
Hmm. Im poor, my mama is a single parent who had children starting in her teens. She kept on having babies even though she couldnt afford to take care of herself never mind children. I dont know who my father is and most of my siblings are from different men.
So, im poor, i have no skills and i think im gonna go have a baby without being married.
Do you guys think my baby will have a much greater chance if going to jail???
Fuck yeah!!!!!
Then why do blacks keep doing this ??????

Re: You guys ever notice this ?? [Re: Crash] #897205
10/28/16 02:49 PM
10/28/16 02:49 PM
n.e.philly
hoodlum Offline
Underboss
hoodlum  Offline
Underboss
n.e.philly
Alright dude, enough already.

Re: You guys ever notice this ?? [Re: hoodlum] #897206
10/28/16 02:55 PM
10/28/16 02:55 PM
G
gangstereport Offline
Underboss
gangstereport  Offline
G
Underboss
Originally Posted By: hoodlum

+1

Not connected with scott or anyone at gangsterreport

Sorry for the confusion
Re: You guys ever notice this ?? [Re: gangstereport] #897223
10/28/16 10:05 PM
10/28/16 10:05 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
Originally Posted By: gangstereport

+1

+2

Re: You guys ever notice this ?? [Re: Faithful1] #897227
10/28/16 11:34 PM
10/28/16 11:34 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Crash - keep your bigoted diarrhea off these boards. No more warnings!

Re: You guys ever notice this ?? [Re: SC] #897234
10/29/16 06:28 AM
10/29/16 06:28 AM
Mississippi - 662
B
BlackFamily Online content
Underboss
BlackFamily  Online Content
B
Underboss
Mississippi - 662
clap clap clap

If you think you are too small to make a difference, you haven't spend the night with a mosquito.
- African Proverb
Re: You guys ever notice this ?? [Re: getthesenets] #897499
11/02/16 01:50 PM
11/02/16 01:50 PM
Green Grove Retirement Communi...
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Green Grove Retirement Communi...
but I CANNOT dispute anything by Oli or Hoodlum.

I'm willing to bet Olivant's Pittsburgh neighborhood wasn't as nice he or she romanticizes it to be.

That's the thing about racism. It's not just the negative things said about the group being targeted, it's the delusional, romanticized view that racists have of their own people and their own background. It's well documented that there was mob activity in Pittsburgh's Little Italy at this magical time in Pittsburgh's history. That means there were drugs. That means there were prostitutes. That means there was violent crime. Robberies. Muggings. Rapes. Olivant doesn't see this, because Olivant doesn't want to see it. Olivant chooses not to see it. Olivant would rather focus on how much worse things are now that black people are there. Racism isn't about any race being perfect. It's about emphasizing the flaws of other races in order to have pride in your own race. Most racists are delusional fools, they're not keeping it real.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: You guys ever notice this ?? [Re: OakAsFan] #897501
11/02/16 02:21 PM
11/02/16 02:21 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
Oak,

Going by what Oli wrote, again...I cannot dispute what he wrote. Unless you're a mind reader and can imagine what people are thinking, I don't think you can dispute anything he wrote either.

What he wrote about Pittsburg applies to the big manufacturing towns in my state...namely that if you take a snapshot of these towns from 4-5 decades ago and compare them to now....you'd hardly think that you're looking at the same places.

Re: You guys ever notice this ?? [Re: getthesenets] #897505
11/02/16 02:45 PM
11/02/16 02:45 PM
H
helenwheels Offline
Underboss
helenwheels  Offline
H
Underboss

What he wrote about Pittsburg applies to the big manufacturing towns in my state...namely that if you take a snapshot of these towns from 4-5 decades ago and compare them to now....you'd hardly think that you're looking at the same places.

Is the same amount of manufacturing still there that was there 4 decades ago, or has most of the industry now gone?

All God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

I never met anyone who didn't have a very smart child. What happens to these children, you wonder, when they reach adulthood?

Re: You guys ever notice this ?? [Re: Crash] #897506
11/02/16 02:55 PM
11/02/16 02:55 PM
blueracing347 Offline
Underboss
blueracing347  Offline
Underboss
Its not just the blacks, it's all races. Its the class of people. It seems to be more prevalent with the blacks from my journies in life. Got a van full of carpet and some homeboy comes out to tell me im in the wrong fucking neighborhood. Sorry asshole, your neighbor paid for this carpet to be installed. That's just one occasion. The black ghettos are the nastiest and most primitive. Fucking animals. And if that lifestyle and environment isnt enough to motivate one to achieve as much as possible and rise above. There must be wrong with the thought process. Hispanics dont want to stay in the barrio, so they work hard and get the fuck out. The italians and other Europeans didnt like the ghetto, so they worked hard and got the fuck out. Now you throw in section8, free healthcare, unemployment, obama phones, and free college bc your parent (single mom with numerous baby daddies) gets all the above,and you still cant do something with your life? Wtf? Bend a knee, blame the cops, and preach how society tightened those shackles to allow you to rise. I might not get it, I'm white. Lol

Re: You guys ever notice this ?? [Re: helenwheels] #897523
11/02/16 09:02 PM
11/02/16 09:02 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
Quote:

Is the same amount of manufacturing still there that was there 4 decades ago, or has most of the industry now gone?

Manufacturing industry has been in decline for about 4 decades, you are right about that. I think what doomed people more than those jobs going away, were their attitudes about education and entrepreneurship. My father worked in a factory and the point wasn't for him to break his back for his son to be working right alongside him, doing the exact same thing. That factory job was a means to an end, not the end itself.

About the neighborhoods falling apart? I always say that there is a difference between not having a lot of money and being poor. Once a person loses his/her dignity, they are poor.You can walk through the worst neighborhoods in America and find many people who carry themselves with pride. They respect themselves and their home/environment. The problem is that the losers with no self respect ruin the entire area for the regular people.

Re: You guys ever notice this ?? [Re: hoodlum] #897524
11/02/16 09:11 PM
11/02/16 09:11 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
Thanx 4 the feed nets..but i'm a little confused on your very last sentence. Layman's terms please?(if u want,that is).

Sure, Hoodlum.
The former "bad" areas in America are becoming gentrified as people with money are moving from the suburbs back to the cities now.
First thing they do is to force law enforcement/government to do their jobs and enforce the rules on the book about safety.

People in "bad" areas or in good areas that some losers are trying to ruin can do the same thing; monitor the area you live in, call police on the losers, force officials to enforce law and safety codes. Some people sit by idly as the area they live in slowly decays. Me? the First sign of bullsh*t, I'm trying to get you out of the neighborhood. Either conform to the rules of the area, keep paying steep fines from the township, or beat it.

Re: You guys ever notice this ?? [Re: getthesenets] #897528
11/02/16 09:37 PM
11/02/16 09:37 PM
H
helenwheels Offline
Underboss
helenwheels  Offline
H
Underboss
Quote:

Manufacturing industry has been in decline for about 4 decades, you are right about that. I think what doomed people more than those jobs going away, were their attitudes about education and entrepreneurship. My father worked in a factory and the point wasn't for him to break his back for his son to be working right alongside him, doing the exact same thing. That factory job was a means to an end, not the end itself.

I agree with what youre saying. I know a lot of people in the generations before mine that were like your dad.

The jobs going away is a big part of what ails us though. Steady employment and the chance for a decent life does go a long way toward solving lots of issues that lead to crime. It would even greatly improve the situation in the middle east. People with decent jobs are less likely to be terror recruits, which at its core is just another form of crime. Im digressing a bit, but there are some commonalities.

Quote:
About the neighborhoods falling apart? I always say that there is a difference between not having a lot of money and being poor. Once a person loses his/her dignity, they are poor.You can walk through the worst neighborhoods in America and find many people who carry themselves with pride. They respect themselves and their home/environment. The problem is that the losers with no self respect ruin the entire area for the regular people.

i agree with this too. There are always people who for whatever reasons give in to their poverty, and let it defeat them. I can sympathize with some of the reasons, and not with others. This portion of people crosses all color lines, despite what the troll op would like to believe.

Re: You guys ever notice this ?? [Re: helenwheels] #897530
11/02/16 10:25 PM
11/02/16 10:25 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
Helen,

great point about lack of work. You're right about people with few options being easy manipulated into acts of terror..or manipulated other ways.
Some people enter life of crime out of desperation, but some...like the early crack sellers just wanted a shortcut. Wanted big money right away. I'm old enough to remember the summer that crack hit the streets. Think I was in middle school. Manufacturing jobs and other career options were still viable, but many young guys CHOSE to sell drugs instead.
Things haven't been the same since then.

Yeah, OP and blue are trolling.I think they are more upset about their own circumstances and just deflecting their anger towards others. BUT....the point about neighborhoods declining (when and how)are true.

Re: You guys ever notice this ?? [Re: getthesenets] #897531
11/02/16 10:27 PM
11/02/16 10:27 PM
Mississippi - 662
B
Underboss
B
Underboss
Mississippi - 662
Gets, Oaks

The declining of the neighborhood's down South is quite similar. Farish District in Jackson for example was the biggest Black district in Mississippi and large amounts of goods and services flowed through it since Blacks wasn't allowed on Capitol Street. After the 60s and Jim Crow laws tarnished, the Farish district decline gradually into a ghetto with active drugs & prostitution for any to see. No different from other major cities of the 70s-90s.

The movement of not just whites but Blacks that could afford to live anywhere or elsewhere is a major factor in expanding the underclass Black areas. Remember that even back then during Jim Crow era that there was a distinctive separation of social class in the Black community , Ex: Church Street in Farish District was the sugar hill of Black Jacksonians, Memphis Northside is where middle class or above lived while Southside was working class, etc. Also argue why the whites just stay put in their communities as well but nobody can see into the future with 100% accuracy.

If you think you are too small to make a difference, you haven't spend the night with a mosquito.
- African Proverb
Re: You guys ever notice this ?? [Re: Crash] #897532
11/02/16 10:31 PM
11/02/16 10:31 PM
Mississippi - 662
B
Underboss
B
Underboss
Mississippi - 662
Also, Some whites already lived in the ghetto then Blacks moved in to that area and it remain the same ( Fuller Park in Chicago, Brownsville for the NYers). While some communities remain middle class after demographic transition ( Chatham in Chicago, South Jamaica , Queens NYC , is that correct?). So therefore it's not always the case but nonetheless sometimes.

- African Proverb
Re: You guys ever notice this ?? [Re: BlackFamily] #897533
11/02/16 10:42 PM
11/02/16 10:42 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
BlackFam,

Excellent points. Striver's Row in Harlem is an example to join the ones you listed of middle class enclaves of Blacks during segregation era.
I used to get into arguments with people when we were teens/20s. I had friends who said that the accomplished Blacks "owed" it to the community to stay around and yada yada yada. I felt that after crack and the violence associated with it, person's first priority was safe environment that they "owed" their family. If that was possible within the community,great....if not..time to get out.

All the people who were saying that "owe" stuff moved to the suburbs themselves years ago. Was just young idealistic talk coming out of their mouths.

The criminal/street element of our community has expanded GREATLY in the past 30 years....

Now, the funniest/saddest thing I've encountered are suburban thug wannabes..trying to ruin quiet towns . pathetic.

Re: You guys ever notice this ?? [Re: Crash] #897625
11/04/16 10:36 AM
11/04/16 10:36 AM
C
Crash Offline OP
Capo
Crash  Offline OP
C
Capo
Lack of work ??? What does that mean ? Why did so many workers from south america come here if there was no work?
Also, are there fathers in the households to enforce strong work ethics?
Robberies and rapes in italian neighborhoods back in the day? Uh, i dont think so.
The mafia kept those hoods safe. Of course there were some crime but if you are trying to infer that italian neighborhoods had the level of violence that todays black neighborhoods have despite italian neighborhoods being dirt poor, you are making a statement that is laughable and i dont believe you actually think that.

Re: You guys ever notice this ?? [Re: Crash] #897631
11/04/16 12:00 PM
11/04/16 12:00 PM
H
helenwheels Offline
Underboss
helenwheels  Offline
H
Underboss
Dude, we get it. You're a racist, and a troll.

It's fucking boring.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull