GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Toodoped, RushStreet, 1 invisible), 88 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,406
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,805
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,505
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,299
Posts1,058,142
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Colombo Crime Family: 2016 #896281
10/15/16 03:04 PM
10/15/16 03:04 PM
Ryan98366 Offline OP
BANNED
Ryan98366  Offline OP
BANNED
Made Member
Spinning this thread off from another thread "State of the Family."

My opinion is the Colombo Crime Family of 2016 is on par with the DeCavalcante Family. Carmine Persico has waged a 40 year war against his own crime family. He is the Pol Pot of Mob Bosses. Anyone with talent or leadership was killed or is locked away in prison for life fighting him. He's destroyed the family for his own gain and they are a shell of a family.

What is left? 100 members according to some people. My opinion based just what I read is maybe 50-60 members in jail or on the street and "active." Not semi-retired or doing life.

Here is the real question: Who is the future talent? Who is the next boss? Who is the Steve Crea, Barney Bellomo or Frank Cali of The Colombos? I would like to hear.

Seems to me this family is just treading water until Carmine dies. Then who takes over? Another Persico relative? Skinny Teddy is doing life on the installment plan. He's not boss material.

Anyone with talent, leadership or strength was murdered by The Persico's, doing life in prison or a long sentence (Tommy Shots, etc) or is in Witness Protection. Seems to me all that is left are Dumbfellas and Oldfellas. The Columbo's are not the West Side or Gambino's. They are the Philly Mob circa 1991 John Stanfa era.

Yes, I am a new member to this forum. I am a 25 year LCN aficionado and would like to hear the opinions of the seasoned members of this forum. Respectfully, of course.

Last edited by Ryan98366; 10/15/16 03:11 PM.
Re: Colombo Crime Family: 2016 [Re: Ryan98366] #896282
10/15/16 03:36 PM
10/15/16 03:36 PM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
From what informants have already revealed, is that Alphonso Allie Boy Persico, son of Carmine is already official boss. Al is serving a life sentence for murder. About 25 percent of the known made members of the Colombo family are married or related to the Persicos in one way or another. I don't see Teddy taking over, nor do I see Thomas Farese taking over. I can see Andy Russo taking over for a little while due to his health. When looking at that family, two names that are free on the streets who are not related to the Persicos are Dennis DeLuca, and Joseph Buadenza, who do have much respect from other New York families and members of the Colombo family. This is if the Persicos don't go on another rampage.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: Colombo Crime Family: 2016 [Re: Ryan98366] #896283
10/15/16 03:37 PM
10/15/16 03:37 PM
BillyBrizzi Offline
Underboss
BillyBrizzi  Offline
Underboss
They're still a lot stronger and bigger than the DeCavs that's for sure. I've read that Billy Russo, Andrew 'Mush' Russo's son, is very capable and future boss material..

FORTIS FORTUNA IUVAT
Re: Colombo Crime Family: 2016 [Re: Ryan98366] #896286
10/15/16 04:34 PM
10/15/16 04:34 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: Ryan98366
Spinning this thread off from another thread "State of the Family."

My opinion is the Colombo Crime Family of 2016 is on par with the DeCavalcante Family. Carmine Persico has waged a 40 year war against his own crime family. He is the Pol Pot of Mob Bosses. Anyone with talent or leadership was killed or is locked away in prison for life fighting him. He's destroyed the family for his own gain and they are a shell of a family.

What is left? 100 members according to some people. My opinion based just what I read is maybe 50-60 members in jail or on the street and "active." Not semi-retired or doing life.

Here is the real question: Who is the future talent? Who is the next boss? Who is the Steve Crea, Barney Bellomo or Frank Cali of The Colombos? I would like to hear.

Seems to me this family is just treading water until Carmine dies. Then who takes over? Another Persico relative? Skinny Teddy is doing life on the installment plan. He's not boss material.

Anyone with talent, leadership or strength was murdered by The Persico's, doing life in prison or a long sentence (Tommy Shots, etc) or is in Witness Protection. Seems to me all that is left are Dumbfellas and Oldfellas. The Columbo's are not the West Side or Gambino's. They are the Philly Mob circa 1991 John Stanfa era.

Yes, I am a new member to this forum. I am a 25 year LCN aficionado and would like to hear the opinions of the seasoned members of this forum. Respectfully, of course.

We can go over this again and again. I have no idea where you could get the idea the Colombos are comparable to the present day DeCavalcantes or Philadelphia in the early 1990s. Nobody said they're on par with the Genovese or Gambino families. But even if the Colombos are the weakest family in NY, and they arguably are, they're still heads and shoulders above New Jersey who is at the bottom of the 9 families still considered viable.

Again, most estimates put the family at approximately 100 or so total members. Yes, a good chunk of that is in prison or otherwise inactive but that applies to every family. I could post a list of cases over the past 15 years - though I resent having to often do people's homework for them - that shows the Colombos have continued to be active in illegal gambling, loansharking, extortion, drug trafficking, fraud, as well as labor/business racketeering in the construction industry.

Last edited by IvyLeague; 10/15/16 04:41 PM.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Colombo Crime Family: 2016 [Re: IvyLeague] #896291
10/15/16 05:39 PM
10/15/16 05:39 PM
Ryan98366 Offline OP
BANNED
Ryan98366  Offline OP
BANNED
Made Member
You are right. I Agree with you. We could go over this again and again. You count old retired members, men in prison for life and RATS in the membership rolls.

In reality...it's a different story. An 85 year old made member in Florida who wears a diaper and sits on the beach all day is a member of the Cololmbos. Maybe in 1960 that guy had power. But in 2016 he's washed up and broke.

Last edited by Ryan98366; 10/15/16 05:40 PM.

GangsterBB Snitches get stitches!
Re: Colombo Crime Family: 2016 [Re: Ryan98366] #896292
10/15/16 05:41 PM
10/15/16 05:41 PM
Ryan98366 Offline OP
BANNED
Ryan98366  Offline OP
BANNED
Made Member
This is more what I think of the Colombo's. The Underboss lived in a fucking trailer park like a redneck in Arkansas. And he got food stamps.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...ps-trailer.html

Last edited by Ryan98366; 10/15/16 05:42 PM.

GangsterBB Snitches get stitches!
Re: Colombo Crime Family: 2016 [Re: Ryan98366] #896297
10/15/16 06:29 PM
10/15/16 06:29 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

You are right. I Agree with you. We could go over this again and again. You count old retired members, men in prison for life and RATS in the membership rolls.

In reality...it's a different story. An 85 year old made member in Florida who wears a diaper and sits on the beach all day is a member of the Cololmbos. Maybe in 1960 that guy had power. But in 2016 he's washed up and broke.

Where did I ever mention rats? Unlike those in prison or inactive (who remain mwmbers), guys who flip aren't considered in the equation. We can just go by active members on the street if you want but that's hard to do because the number is always in flux and you also have to consider associates in terms of total manpower.

Again, the Colombos continue to have a functioning hierarchy that has shown the ability to fill positions despite repeated indictments, the ability to make new members, and ongoing activity. Back during the war in the early 1990s, we saw predictions of the family close to being finished due to indictments, rats, and internal fighting. 25 years later they are still around.

So I don't know what you're trying to say. Are a good chunk of the Colombos in prison, old and infirm, or just inactive? Yeah. But why aren't you saying the same thing about every other family?

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Colombo Crime Family: 2016 [Re: Ryan98366] #896298
10/15/16 06:30 PM
10/15/16 06:30 PM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Offline
furio_from_naples  Offline

naples,italy
The colombos was ever the weakest and most instable of the 5 families. Im agree that persico ruined the family and after the orena war nobody would try to take the boss role.
The colombos are still active and made money, more than philly or the decavalcante but on 100 made men on the streets, half are too old to make money (Sonny Franzese is an ecception) and the others was related to the persico so when carmine will die, alle boy will be the new boss, with his parents as street boss.
If someone would had the power to take the boss role, won't a new war like the 1991.

Re: Colombo Crime Family: 2016 [Re: Ryan98366] #896301
10/15/16 07:05 PM
10/15/16 07:05 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

This is more what I think of the Colombo's. The Underboss lived in a fucking trailer park like a redneck in Arkansas. And he got food stamps.

You can't base your point on one guy. It's like looking at Colombo soldier John S------- and thinking they are all millionaires who own car dealerships and huge yachts.

The average mob guy is more or less middle class with a minority on either side like those two above.

Re: Colombo Crime Family: 2016 [Re: Ryan98366] #896318
10/15/16 10:27 PM
10/15/16 10:27 PM
Hudson County NJ
D
DB Offline
Underboss
DB  Offline
D
Underboss
Hudson County NJ
They still have construction and related interests in BK and Long Island and that seems to be the focus today. The Persico family has access to a lot of money which will keep some of their crews earning and active for awhile and as other have said it's a family thing with a lot of their guys which is the key to keeping things going

They are far wealthier and more active than the Decav's. BK and LI just have more business activity than Union county and TR area but the Decav's are active , just on a smaller scale which is basically the case with all families today

Re: Colombo Crime Family: 2016 [Re: IvyLeague] #896329
10/16/16 12:10 AM
10/16/16 12:10 AM
Philly Burbs
mikeyballs211 Offline
acting associate
mikeyballs211  Offline
acting associate
Underboss
Philly Burbs
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague

Where did I ever mention rats? Unlike those in prison or inactive (who remain mwmbers), guys who flip aren't considered in the equation. We can just go by active members on the street if you want but that's hard to do because the number is always in flux and you also have to consider associates in terms of total manpower.

Again, the Colombos continue to have a functioning hierarchy that has shown the ability to fill positions despite repeated indictments, the ability to make new members, and ongoing activity. Back during the war in the early 1990s, we saw predictions of the family close to being finished due to indictments, rats, and internal fighting. 25 years later they are still around.

So I don't know what you're trying to say. Are a good chunk of the Colombos in prison, old and infirm, or just inactive? Yeah. But why aren't you saying the same thing about every other family?

Speaking of which do we have a handle on who the street acting boss, UB, Consigliere are at the moment? Not carmine or allie, i mean who is on the atreet now? And id be interested to onow how many capos they have currently (furio please dont copy and paste Wikipedia)....

Giacomo posted Dennis Delucia as a possibility as the future boss i think is a very good guess. I asked about him a while back and did some research on him.. hes a big time earner in that fam, is absolutely well respected ny other fams evidenced by his dealings with other families and I think hes tied into construction and whatever union influence they still have.. i think for sure hes future admin if not boss

Also billybrizzi's post of Andy Russos son I think is spot on... Billy is one of the best posters here who always has excellent knowledge and based on what ive read and other knowledgeable guys here have said he's definitely someone on the rise who would be boss material plus hes a Persico relative I believe..tho enuff removed to not be a dipshit LE target hopefully

Last edited by mikeyballs211; 10/16/16 12:14 AM.

"No, no, you aint alrite Spyder you got alotta fuckin problems"
Re: Colombo Crime Family: 2016 [Re: mikeyballs211] #896338
10/16/16 05:30 AM
10/16/16 05:30 AM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Offline
furio_from_naples  Offline

naples,italy
Originally Posted By: mikeyballs211
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague

Speaking of which do we have a handle on who the street acting boss, UB, Consigliere are at the moment? Not carmine or allie, i mean who is on the atreet now? And id be interested to onow how many capos they have currently (furio please dont copy and paste Wikipedia)....

Giacomo posted Dennis Delucia as a possibility as the future boss i think is a very good guess. I asked about him a while back and did some research on him.. hes a big time earner in that fam, is absolutely well respected ny other fams evidenced by his dealings with other families and I think hes tied into construction and whatever union influence they still have.. i think for sure hes future admin if not boss

Also billybrizzi's post of Andy Russos son I think is spot on... Billy is one of the best posters here who always has excellent knowledge and based on what ive read and other knowledgeable guys here have said he's definitely someone on the rise who would be boss material plus hes a Persico relative I believe..tho enuff removed to not be a dipshit LE target hopefully

Quote:
(furio please dont copy and paste Wikipedia)....

Mikey I dont copied wikipedia,I only said that after Carmine Persico death,his son allie boy will be the next boss,I also think that andy russo'son can be the next boss,because in the colombos there too many men blood related with persico,so a boss that have no blood ties with carmine couldnt take the family,but is my opinion.

Re: Colombo Crime Family: 2016 [Re: Ryan98366] #896344
10/16/16 08:52 AM
10/16/16 08:52 AM
BillyBrizzi Offline
Underboss
BillyBrizzi  Offline
Underboss

Personally, I don't believe that The Claw is as broke as he pretends to be. Some guys will go to great lengths to give law enforcement or potential juries the impression that they are not mobsters or/and don't have a lot of money. Just look at the elaborate act The Chin played for years..

FORTIS FORTUNA IUVAT
Re: Colombo Crime Family: 2016 [Re: Ryan98366] #896347
10/16/16 10:44 AM
10/16/16 10:44 AM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
The Claw is not broke, it is an old ploy. Toms River is hardly ever mentioned when talking about Colombo family in New Jersey, however, the guy in Holmdel is mentioned a lot but he is definitely retired, but his son seems to have an active role in some family businesses in the states and abroad.
Dennis DeLuca is a good bet, and the reason I say that is he is a great earner in the family, did not backdown from supporting his lesbian daughter, during sit downs, he is fair even if it means the Colombo family losses some money in it, he sticks up for his soldiers until there is strong evidence that the guy did some wrong.
Joe is another one to think about, due how close he is to the Bonanno, Gambino and Lucchese crime families, plus his dealings with the Genovese family.
I did not mention Billy Russo cause he is related to the Persicos, and if you continue to look at that family most of the time, you tend to overlook other mobsters in the family who have high caliber in leadership positions. Billy Russo has a strong chance of running the Colombo family one day.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: Colombo Crime Family: 2016 [Re: Ryan98366] #896353
10/16/16 12:27 PM
10/16/16 12:27 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
They are finally doing the right thing.

They are operating from upstate to Florida and I don't mean massive and not necessarily illegal but operating . They are in grocery stores building and construction and rental management in and out of state .

The blood side of the family is building and is huge with young males(must be five Carmine's in there twentys all blood) and the bad blood between the Orena's has been put to bed with the younger side of the family .

There are several guys with there head on straight and trying to get Quality and seem to keeping things quiet.

There will always be a need for street level guys that don't have a brain but it how much info is fed to them is what matters , if they don't know they can't snitch !!!

Last edited by Serpiente; 10/16/16 12:33 PM.

Cackling like a banty Rooster.

I love this," "I just love this."
Re: Colombo Crime Family: 2016 [Re: Ryan98366] #896358
10/16/16 01:53 PM
10/16/16 01:53 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

Serp you see or hear anything about mike persico sentencing was surposed to be last month must have got another continuence. That family will keep trucking along. With all the guys in prison probaly easy to find recruits.

Re: Colombo Crime Family: 2016 [Re: Ryan98366] #896361
10/16/16 02:28 PM
10/16/16 02:28 PM
C
Crash Offline
Capo
Crash  Offline
C
Capo
The colombo's are doing everything in their power to reinvent their image from maniac murderers to a bunch of nice guys that do some book making and some shylocking. It seems to be working amd most of the guys on the street are very nice and hard working family men. Lots of them live in monmouth and ocean couny nj.

Re: Colombo Crime Family: 2016 [Re: Ryan98366] #896363
10/16/16 02:38 PM
10/16/16 02:38 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

About the guy claw its gis nickname cause he grabs money from eveyone. He was indicted in the 90tys shaking down some clubs in Manhattan. The guy has his hands in alot gambling. When the feds busted him he was at his daughters house in brooklyn at 6am on a week day why wasnt he in his trailer? He probaly gkt it off some sorry sap who lost it gambling and gave him and his wife the deed.

Re: Colombo Crime Family: 2016 [Re: Ryan98366] #896373
10/16/16 05:56 PM
10/16/16 05:56 PM
T
TommyGambino Offline
Underboss
TommyGambino  Offline
T
Underboss
Giacamo Vacari making things up again lol kill yourself

Last edited by TommyGambino; 10/16/16 05:56 PM.
Re: Colombo Crime Family: 2016 [Re: Ryan98366] #896374
10/16/16 06:00 PM
10/16/16 06:00 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

No need for that IMO.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: Colombo Crime Family: 2016 [Re: Moe_Tilden] #896375
10/16/16 06:05 PM
10/16/16 06:05 PM
T
TommyGambino Offline
Underboss
TommyGambino  Offline
T
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Moe_Tilden
No need for that IMO.

You go for it as well Moe, pair of you are genuine weirdo's

Re: Colombo Crime Family: 2016 [Re: pmac] #896376
10/16/16 06:11 PM
10/16/16 06:11 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: pmac
Serp you see or hear anything about mike persico sentencing was surposed to be last month must have got another continuence. That family will keep trucking along. With all the guys in prison probaly easy to find recruits.

Yea Pmac I posted when he was supposed to go according to a family member and yes something came up I have not heard anymore.

I was told it was for the last week of September or first week of October .

Last edited by Serpiente; 10/16/16 06:27 PM.

Re: Colombo Crime Family: 2016 [Re: TommyGambino] #896379
10/16/16 06:52 PM
10/16/16 06:52 PM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
Originally Posted By: TommyGambino
No need for that IMO.

Says the guy from Nottingham. How is Brexit working out for you? We might have the Devil himself becoming the next president of the United States, but you all have the biggest wanker in the world next in line for the British throne.
SC, I will not apologize for that statement.

Re: Colombo Crime Family: 2016 [Re: TommyGambino] #896385
10/16/16 07:51 PM
10/16/16 07:51 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

No need for that IMO.

Have you tried decaf?

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: Colombo Crime Family: 2016 [Re: Ryan98366] #896392
10/16/16 09:18 PM
10/16/16 09:18 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

Moe serious question do people have outside swimming pools in england? Is there swimmable ocean beaches?

Re: Colombo Crime Family: 2016 [Re: Ryan98366] #896394
10/16/16 11:10 PM
10/16/16 11:10 PM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
Although Tommys comment was a bit harsh it was appropriately directed.

Giacomo Vacari has a well documented history of making shit up. That's his MO. Sad really as the guy does have a good knowledge base yet for some childish reason posts absolute made up bullshit to troll. He throws in some commonly accepted facts to give his shit cred.

It can be believable if you're not careful. Which is sad as many naive posters swallow his crap.

Psychopathical trolling.

MORGAN: Why didn't you fight him at the park if you wanted to? I'm not goin' now, I'm eatin' my snack.
CHUCKIE: Morgan, Let's go.
MORGAN: I'm serious Chuckie, I ain't goin'.
WILL: So don't go.
Re: Colombo Crime Family: 2016 [Re: Ryan98366] #896398
10/17/16 01:11 AM
10/17/16 01:11 AM
In a wide open city
Tony_Pro Offline
Capo
Tony_Pro  Offline
Capo
In a wide open city
Who stepped up for DeRoss?I don't think he was related to Carmine,but he's married to Charlie Moose's sister.

This life of ours, this is a wonderful life. If you can get through life like this, hey, thats great. But it's very, very unpredictable. There are so many ways you can screw it up.-Paul Castellano (he would know)

"I'm not talking about Italians, I'm talking about criminals."-Joe Valachi
Re: Colombo Crime Family: 2016 [Re: Giacomo_Vacari] #896400
10/17/16 02:43 AM
10/17/16 02:43 AM
G
gangstereport Offline
Underboss
gangstereport  Offline
G
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari
No need for that IMO.

Says the guy from Nottingham. How is Brexit working out for you? We might have the Devil himself becoming the next president of the United States, but you all have the biggest wanker in the world next in line for the British throne.
SC, I will not apologize for that statement.

What the fuck are you talking about? What has brexit got to do with the Royal family. Its 2016 they have no power and only real reason for them is they make tourism

British people chose Brexit 52% probably was a mistake but no one forced them the government was saying Brexit would be a bad thing.

Not going to post on this thread till I saw that can't believe some people still believe that bullshit

Not connected with scott or anyone at gangsterreport

Sorry for the confusion
Re: Colombo Crime Family: 2016 [Re: Tony_Pro] #896401
10/17/16 03:04 AM
10/17/16 03:04 AM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
Originally Posted By: Tony_Pro
Who stepped up for DeRoss?I don't think he was related to Carmine,but he's married to Charlie Moose's sister.

Sonny did, but he is locked up and nearly a hundred. Two others that pop up a lot are the Claw, and Michael U____. I will not be surprised if DeLuca or Buadanza is named as official Underboss.

Re: Colombo Crime Family: 2016 [Re: Tony_Pro] #896426
10/17/16 08:17 AM
10/17/16 08:17 AM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Tony_Pro

They are related .

Unless they just said it when they were growing up could of been by marriage also .

Last edited by Serpiente; 10/17/16 08:19 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull