GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (RushStreet), 125 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,094
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,353
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,485
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,214
Posts1,056,172
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Angelo Bruno- well loved but who was loyal? [Re: chin_gigante] #989588
04/16/20 11:03 PM
04/16/20 11:03 PM
n.e.philly
hoodlum Offline
Underboss
hoodlum  Offline
Underboss
n.e.philly
Originally Posted by chin_gigante
Originally Posted by hoodlum
How in God's Name do u know these assumptoins...when I was a little boy(circa 1973}..my old man had Angie over 2 our house during the holidays & they talked about union shit..I had no idea what was going on till I got older...Daddy used 2 bring home free coupons 4 the Thunderbird Motel in Wildwood 4 free & I later that all my dads vacations were "takin care of"...on behalf of the bakers union that he was in & MORE @ Keebler Co..back then, it was @ G & Hunting Park..& he was a dock foreman...Mr. Bruno 4 all that is said & done..what little I can remember..was a nice man.

My info comes mostly from FBI files - specificially using info from CIs Rocco Scafidi and Harry Riccobene

O.K...How do I get access??..Thanx

I didn't want to leave blood on your carpet...
Re: Angelo Bruno- well loved but who was loyal? [Re: Tonytough] #989593
04/17/20 03:09 AM
04/17/20 03:09 AM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
DSD : The only one that said that was Anastasia and he spent summers right around the corner in Ducktown all his life also in south Philly was his neighborhood , he also seemed to have a dislike for Nick or Nick did something to someone in his family, but for sure Nick didn’t do nothing to anyone in Ducktown so had to be Philly. ( other then Muck )

G.A. Repeats it and repeats it to the extent that it was used often.

All Brunos actions before Nick shot him down with Testa , Bruno was behind Nick and was giving the okay for murders on people that was going to bring major heat on family and he still stood up for Nick with those hits.Also would visit in summer spring ect. often. If there was any indication that Nick was sent to AC as punishment “ Bruno sure never acted like it till years later when Nick sided with P. Testa and Bruno tried to fuck him with local 54 union .

I don’t know how he ended up in that case .

Last edited by Serpiente; 04/20/20 08:53 AM.

Cackling like a banty Rooster.

I love this," "I just love this."
Re: Angelo Bruno- well loved but who was loyal? [Re: hoodlum] #989599
04/17/20 07:21 AM
04/17/20 07:21 AM
C
chin_gigante Offline
Capo
chin_gigante  Offline
C
Capo
How in God's Name do u know these assumptoins...when I was a little boy(circa 1973}..my old man had Angie over 2 our house during the holidays & they talked about union shit..I had no idea what was going on till I got older...Daddy used 2 bring home free coupons 4 the Thunderbird Motel in Wildwood 4 free & I later that all my dads vacations were "takin care of"...on behalf of the bakers union that he was in & MORE @ Keebler Co..back then, it was @ G & Hunting Park..& he was a dock foreman...Mr. Bruno 4 all that is said & done..what little I can remember..was a nice man.

My info comes mostly from FBI files - specificially using info from CIs Rocco Scafidi and Harry Riccobene

If you go on the Mary Ferrell database you can have a look through them, but the site can be quite difficult to navigate if you don't know what you're looking for. Ricconene's symbol code was "PH 599-C-TE", so if you search for that you'll find files discussing his information. Scafidi's is "PH 672-C-TE".

Another good place to start would be to check out this page (http://mafiahistory.us/rattrap/philadelphiainf.html) that gives an overview of Riccobene and Scafidi's work as informants.

Re: Angelo Bruno- well loved but who was loyal? [Re: Tonytough] #989638
04/18/20 01:59 AM
04/18/20 01:59 AM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

it seems the whole family was plotting on bruno after carlo died and atlantic city becoming the east coast vegas. guess he didnt see the writting on the wall. but at the same time he make tony bannassa his consig and the the guy kills him thats some treachery shit. the boss makes you almost a equal to him and you kill him. dog eat dog world. its like at work when someone tells on you to the boss and you almost get fired. actually not alike cause they killed there boss

Re: Angelo Bruno- well loved but who was loyal? [Re: Tonytough] #989644
04/18/20 04:10 AM
04/18/20 04:10 AM
Zavattoni Offline
Underboss
Zavattoni  Offline
Underboss
@Pmac

Yea; Caponigro really did betray Bruno; You have any insight on their relationship? I've heard that Caponigro didn't want to be boss tbh... Frank Sindone had a capo vote and everyone wanted him; but NYC wanted Testa.

“I called your f—— house five times yesterday, now, if you’re going to disregard my m—– f—— phone calls, I’ll blow you and that f —— house up… This is not a f—— game. My time is valuable. If I ever hear anybody else calls you and you respond within five days, I’ll f—— kill you.” ~ John Gotti.
Re: Angelo Bruno- well loved but who was loyal? [Re: Tonytough] #989654
04/18/20 12:28 PM
04/18/20 12:28 PM
N
Njein Offline
Capo
Njein  Offline
N
Capo
Was Ange ever involved in the Carmine Galante hit?

Given that Bruno was close to Gambino and Castellano, but had poor relations with Funzi Tieri, what was his relationship with the other three NYC bosses (Phil Rastelli, Tony Corallo, Persico) like?

Re: Angelo Bruno- well loved but who was loyal? [Re: Tonytough] #989669
04/19/20 12:29 AM
04/19/20 12:29 AM
Zavattoni Offline
Underboss
Zavattoni  Offline
Underboss
Why didn't Castellano say anything when Bruno was whacked? Thought they were close?

“I called your f—— house five times yesterday, now, if you’re going to disregard my m—– f—— phone calls, I’ll blow you and that f —— house up… This is not a f—— game. My time is valuable. If I ever hear anybody else calls you and you respond within five days, I’ll f—— kill you.” ~ John Gotti.
Re: Angelo Bruno- well loved but who was loyal? [Re: Tonytough] #989675
04/19/20 02:12 AM
04/19/20 02:12 AM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
Bruno was told by Simone who got back from Newark that the sicilians have turned on Galante and it would only be a matter of time. As to Bruno known about the hit, anything is possible, Newark crew just knew which way the wind was blowing. Simone was a dangerous and sharp mobster, with dozens of kills under his belt over fifty maybe more. Simone knew the life inside and out, plus he had made social calls to the Gambino and Campisi brothers at least twice a month so they either told him what was up, or he knew enough to know that Galante would have to go.

If Bruno and Castellano were close, there would not have been six months wait between Caponigro, Salerno, and Simone followed shortly by Sidone being killed. They would all have been killed fast unless Frank and John were hiding which they were not. Plus the Gambino brother mainly Joe sent Stanfa into hiding, with Big Paul cooling the Westside from looking for Stanfa. Bottomline, it was business for Big Paul, cause once Angelo was dead, the Gambino and Genovese families were getting alot more business in Atlantic City. Castellano was satisfied with Caponigro and Salerno paying the price and figured it was back to business.

Bruno and Corallo got along almost well, it was when Atlantic City came up or a Philly member and Lucchese New Jersey member had sitdowns, by the way Bruno won a sitdown for Caponigro against Tieri years earlier, is when there was any tension. The sitdowns were more peaceful than Atlantic City. Persico never had time enough on the streets. Rastelli there were a couple of meetings after Rastelli became boss. Bruno used Gambino as his proxy vote so he did not have to come to New York City all the time. Whatever Gambinos vote was going to be, Bruno's vote count for Gambino.

Caponigro just wanted Bruno out of the way so he could deal drugs along with other members of the family. He was going to back up Frank Sindone since Sindone was well liked and lived in Philadelphia, as to not move the family boss to New Jersey. Sindone and Simone had other issues with Bruno, as did other members in his family.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: Angelo Bruno- well loved but who was loyal? [Re: Tonytough] #989681
04/19/20 01:03 PM
04/19/20 01:03 PM
Zavattoni Offline
Underboss
Zavattoni  Offline
Underboss
Anyone believe that Bruno was cheap and greedy like Paul Castellano? Reaping profits from the Cherry Hill Gambino's and Zips but not allowing his own family to deal?? Sounds similar to how the Bergin Hunt crew and Paul situation played out.

Also anyone think Bruno was gunna have Caponigro murdered?? So Caponigro struck first???

Re: Angelo Bruno- well loved but who was loyal? [Re: Zavattoni] #989683
04/19/20 01:37 PM
04/19/20 01:37 PM
A
axx Offline
Wiseguy
axx  Offline
A
Wiseguy
Originally Posted by Zavattoni
@Pmac
I've heard that Caponigro didn't want to be boss tbh... Frank Sindone had a capo vote and everyone wanted him; but NYC wanted Testa.

Strange given the fact Sindone actually talked about retiring from that life altogether. Also I was under the impression Caponigro was the overly ambitious one in that duo and was hungry for the throne, why else would he seek backing from the Commision? To appoint Sindone?

Re: Angelo Bruno- well loved but who was loyal? [Re: Tonytough] #989690
04/19/20 06:07 PM
04/19/20 06:07 PM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
Bruno was cheap and favored white collar guys over blue collar guys, never turned down an envelope, same with how Castellano was. Kept his family members out of narcotics but allowed the zips to distribute and pay tribute to him. Not just narcotics, but there are instances where guys committed crimes for the family get caught and Bruno would not shell out money for lawyers, retainers, or help out the mobsters family. It would be Caponigro and Testa that would argue with Bruno over this, which in most cases he reluctantly paid out the cash.

Caponigro committed a couple of protocol violations, for one, he was caught loaning out money for a drug deal, which he was remanded for by Bruno, then he was caught badmouthing Bruno to the Colombo New Jersey crew, and Frank Tieri. The Colombos reported it, but Tieri did not. Bruno told Simone that he was thinking of breaking down a couple of capos and pressure Piccolo to become Consigliere for the family, so Caponigro and Testa would not have a leg to stand on. Frank Sindone was thinking of stepping down, Bruno felt Frank Narducci should be given his own crew instead of just being only a capo. Bruno was thinking of hitting Caponigro and had Harry Riccobono and a New Jersey member shadow Caponigro. The plans changed and Caponigro would have to be installed by the commission as temporary boss of the family until the family had a enough time to calm down and vote for a new boss. Many point out that Caponigro did not give his full attention and kept his back to Bruno who was speaking at a gathering, but that was after the fact Caponigro had spoke with Tieri. Caponigro and the rest struck first. Sindone was still in his prime and was tired of the headaches from Bruno, that he was thinking of stepping down.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: Angelo Bruno- well loved but who was loyal? [Re: Tonytough] #989717
04/19/20 11:59 PM
04/19/20 11:59 PM
Zavattoni Offline
Underboss
Zavattoni  Offline
Underboss
Say what you want about Scarfo; If you argued with him or plotted against him; You would earn a quick; swift death. No one would have dared go against him.

Bruno lost control there at the end; He should have retired once Carlo died.

Re: Angelo Bruno- well loved but who was loyal? [Re: Serpiente] #989736
04/20/20 03:34 PM
04/20/20 03:34 PM
Barracuda Offline
Button
Barracuda  Offline
Button
Originally Posted by Serpiente
DSD : The only one that said that was Anastasia and he spent summers right around the corner in Ducktown all his life also in south Philly was his neighborhood , he also seemed to have a dislike for Nick or Nick did something to someone in his family, but for sure Nick didn’t do nothing to anyone in Ducktown so had to be Philly. ( other then Muck ) .

Just for the record G.A. was born in South Philly but didn't grow up there. He grew up in Westville NJ and went to Gloucester Catholic. Reason I know this is a relative of mine on the non South Philly side lived right across them street from them on Olive St. So maybe Scarfo did something to family member?

Re: Angelo Bruno- well loved but who was loyal? [Re: Barracuda] #989738
04/20/20 04:50 PM
04/20/20 04:50 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by Barracuda
DSD : The only one that said that was Anastasia and he spent summers right around the corner in Ducktown all his life also in south Philly was his neighborhood , he also seemed to have a dislike for Nick or Nick did something to someone in his family, but for sure Nick didn’t do nothing to anyone in Ducktown so had to be Philly. ( other then Muck ) .

Just for the record G.A. was born in South Philly but didn't grow up there. He grew up in Westville NJ and went to Gloucester Catholic. Reason I know this is a relative of mine on the non South Philly side lived right across them street from them on Olive St. So maybe Scarfo did something to family member?

Never knew that always thought he was a Philly guy , his blood here was S Florida ave & Bellevue ave , so many S Philly folks had summer house’s or blood to spend summer with it was great , boardwalk was like a carnival all spring summer and fall ... not a better place to run the streets as a kid .

Cackling like a banty Rooster.

I love this," "I just love this."
Re: Angelo Bruno- well loved but who was loyal? [Re: chin_gigante] #989809
04/21/20 10:31 PM
04/21/20 10:31 PM
n.e.philly
hoodlum Offline
Underboss
hoodlum  Offline
Underboss
n.e.philly

If you go on the Mary Ferrell database you can have a look through them, but the site can be quite difficult to navigate if you don't know what you're looking for. Ricconene's symbol code was "PH 599-C-TE", so if you search for that you'll find files discussing his information. Scafidi's is "PH 672-C-TE".

Another good place to start would be to check out this page (http://mafiahistory.us/rattrap/philadelphiainf.html) that gives an overview of Riccobene and Scafidi's work as informants.

Thanx Chin,

I didn't want to leave blood on your carpet...
Re: Angelo Bruno- well loved but who was loyal? [Re: Tonytough] #991229
05/14/20 05:24 PM
05/14/20 05:24 PM
United States
Paul Pisano Offline
Underboss
Paul Pisano  Offline
Underboss
United States
turns out tony bananas was tricked into killing bruno. he was told he had the okay but didn't so tony bananas was killed. at this point atlantic city was nothing and nicky scarfo was sent there as punishment. who knew he would be in the drivers seat when atlantic city became popular.

http://kingfish4400.webstore.com/

blu-ray/dvd/vhs/more. 1449 + titles. PRICE DROP ON ALL TITLES + 30 percent off all titles, free shipping, one bus day handling time, and guest checkout available- membership not required to make a purchase. 52 SALES to date. verified seller. BATMAN52 IS THE CODE THAT MUST BE ENTERED AT CHECKOUT TO GET THE DISCOUNT.

Re: Angelo Bruno- well loved but who was loyal? [Re: Paul Pisano] #991232
05/14/20 05:49 PM
05/14/20 05:49 PM
Zavattoni Offline
Underboss
Zavattoni  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by Paul Pisano
turns out tony bananas was tricked into killing bruno. he was told he had the okay but didn't so tony bananas was killed. at this point atlantic city was nothing and nicky scarfo was sent there as punishment. who knew he would be in the drivers seat when atlantic city became popular.

Caponigro should have stayed in the position he was in; I've read a few times he didn't want the boss position; Just wanted Bruno gone. He was greedy.... He was lucky to have even been in the Consigliere position because he was into drugs. Why did Bruno have him as his #3 anyway?

Last edited by Zavattoni; 05/14/20 05:49 PM.

Re: Angelo Bruno- well loved but who was loyal? [Re: Tonytough] #991256
05/15/20 04:35 AM
05/15/20 04:35 AM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
The Calabrian faction supported him since Nick Piccolo, Santo Idone, and Joe Lanciano declined that position.

Re: Angelo Bruno- well loved but who was loyal? [Re: Giacomo_Vacari] #991259
05/15/20 06:04 AM
05/15/20 06:04 AM
mchang93 Offline
Capo
mchang93  Offline
Capo
Originally Posted by Giacomo_Vacari
The Calabrian faction supported him since Nick Piccolo, Santo Idone, and Joe Lanciano declined that position.

Yea Old Man Sam was happy flying under the radar in Chester. Taking a higher spot would have taken him away from the good money he was making that the higher ups had no clue about, and he could control LE way easier in Chester at the time as well

Last edited by mchang93; 05/15/20 06:05 AM.
Re: Angelo Bruno- well loved but who was loyal? [Re: Tonytough] #991286
05/15/20 04:03 PM
05/15/20 04:03 PM
Word Wide
MolochioInduced Offline
Underboss
MolochioInduced  Offline
Underboss
Word Wide

In Sicily, women are more dangerous than the shotgun.
Re: Angelo Bruno- well loved but who was loyal? [Re: Tonytough] #991294
05/15/20 07:18 PM
05/15/20 07:18 PM
mchang93 Offline
Capo
mchang93  Offline
Capo
That was Merlinos original lawyer before Jacobs. I think one case the feds the feds got him off Joeys case

Re: Angelo Bruno- well loved but who was loyal? [Re: dsd] #991346
05/16/20 12:36 PM
05/16/20 12:36 PM
United States
Paul Pisano Offline
Underboss
Paul Pisano  Offline
Underboss
United States
Originally Posted by dsd
Yeah Billy that would of been the best thing for Bruno to do.

He was lucky Nick and Phil were stand up guys cos they would have gotten to him sooner.(Caponigro and company)

Even though Phil T and him were not seeing eye to eye Testa was still doing the right thing and still keeping his guys eating.

Bruno was on Georgia ave more in the late 70's like 78-80 then ever and he had a house on the island .

And just so you know all that bullshit about Nick being banished to Atlantic City was bullshit and from what I ever seen or herd Bruno knew Nick was stand up.

Now don't get me wrong he may have given Bruno a couple things to cover up but Bruno always did including doing all he could in the death of the longshoremen.

So when Anastasia says that he just says that shit all the time ,(Nicks son Chris goes crazy when he says that and the stuff about Chris divorcing his family ) he has these little tidbits to go with each guy that he said through the years .

And he grew up in Ducktown( Anastasia ) in the summers also just like Chuckie Merlino and Lawrence did for a short time there parents lived in AC full time with cousins and siblings but moved back to Philly later.

Now that it's a zillion yrs. later ...can u tell us where exactly where did Bruno have a house on the island??..& Anastasia lived part time in Ducktown???

No I cant ....

But I am pretty sure it was on AC - Ventnor border and I only remember that because my father told me once before I was 17 and still driving with him .

@Serpiente
what I don't get is that Bruno 'banished ' Scarfo to Atlantic City, but isn't that where he was based anyway? ?

Also, how did Scarfo get caught up in that SCI contempt case? all the other guys I've seen mentioned were mob big shots, Bruno,Catena etc
didn't think Scarfo was big name 1973 ish??

scarfo was sent there as punishment. scarfo went into a diner and demanded a guy give up his seat. they guy said no and scarfo stabbed him through the heart killing him. fortunately the guy killed was not made.

http://kingfish4400.webstore.com/

blu-ray/dvd/vhs/more. 1449 + titles. PRICE DROP ON ALL TITLES + 30 percent off all titles, free shipping, one bus day handling time, and guest checkout available- membership not required to make a purchase. 52 SALES to date. verified seller. BATMAN52 IS THE CODE THAT MUST BE ENTERED AT CHECKOUT TO GET THE DISCOUNT.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull