GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (DiLorenzo), 116 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,355
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,735
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,502
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,282
Posts1,057,838
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Scarfo sr LOVED publicity.... #888148
07/20/16 05:34 AM
07/20/16 05:34 AM
Uk
T
Tonytough Offline OP
ba da bing
Tonytough  Offline OP
ba da bing
T
Underboss
Uk
Just curious, how comes nobody shitts on Scarfo for his love of the media/ cameras

He loved it when he appeared on the news especially the papers and got insanely jealous when journalists mentioned other members ie Frabkie Flowers/ Salvi Testa articles

Every time I see footage of him walking to court he had a huge grin like he couldn't contain himself, and would chat with the reporters quickly. U can just tell he was loving the attention. he would put on his best suit and loved the whole "boss" image. Quaff up his hair like John Gotti. He would go to a restaurant and deliberately talk really loud swearing so everyone would know he was a boss/mobster

Tommy Del said "we might as well get jackets that said mob on the back, then we wouldn't have to do all these things (Scarfo wanted everyone to know they were mobsters). The more publicity a murder got (he preferred dead bodies to be put on the streets as opposed to burial) that way it sends a message

Whereas everyone attributes Gotti's downfall to his love of cameras, I've rarely heard anyone say that about Scarfo. His downfall was equally the same, the Feds hated him with a vengeance and being all over the news and relishing in it like Nicky did, that made him a bigger target.

He would also demand all his troops and capos come to his open boat parties knowing full well the Feds were in a chopper above taking pics/ as well
as news media. no different to
gotti ordering his men to stand outside the Ravenite

He would get chauffeur driven around in a limo when in Florida and everything about Nicky was the opposite of low key. He loved the limelight as much as Gotti did only difference is, Gotti had a bigger public following due to his good looks. No doubt Scarfo would have welcomed more media attention had they come running

Re: Scarfo sr LOVED publicity.... [Re: Tonytough] #888152
07/20/16 06:03 AM
07/20/16 06:03 AM
BillyBrizzi Offline
Underboss
BillyBrizzi  Offline
Underboss
I think because his paranoid and murdererous tendencies were more disastrous than his publicity seeking and was an even bigger reason for the downfall of the Philly family.

But I agree with you that those get-togethers on his boat with all his soldiers in Florida were ridiculous. A lot easier for the FEDs to prove a RICO conspiracy that way.

Last edited by BillyBrizzi; 07/20/16 06:06 AM.

FORTIS FORTUNA IUVAT
Re: Scarfo sr LOVED publicity.... [Re: BillyBrizzi] #888204
07/20/16 02:57 PM
07/20/16 02:57 PM
Philly Burbs
mikeyballs211 Offline
acting associate
mikeyballs211  Offline
acting associate
Underboss
Philly Burbs
Originally Posted By: BillyBrizzi
I think because his paranoid and murdererous tendencies were more disastrous than his publicity seeking and was an even bigger reason for the downfall of the Philly family.

But I agree with you that those get-togethers on his boat with all his soldiers in Florida were ridiculous. A lot easier for the FEDs to prove a RICO conspiracy that way.

I agree with Billy, spot on buddy...His decisions to leave bodies in the street left no doubt to LE that the victim was a mobster and it was ultimately ordered by Nicky Scarfo...At least when Bruno had someone clipped they normally just vanished...

Sidetracking the thread a little but, has anyone ever compiled a list of all mob murders in philly from 1959-80 during Brunos reign? Its commonly stated that he was the 'Docile Don" preferring mediation to violence and only using murder as a last resort, but I'm sure there were at least 5 mob murders in that time? The only one I can think of is Reds Caruso from Leonetti's "Mafia Prince" book whereby he describes the honor it was being asked by his uncle to accompany him in the kill car to dispose of it thinking that having a 9 year old in the car wouldnt arouse suspicion...anyone have a list of the other mob murders in that time?

Last edited by mikeyballs211; 07/20/16 02:57 PM.

"No, no, you aint alrite Spyder you got alotta fuckin problems"
Re: Scarfo sr LOVED publicity.... [Re: Tonytough] #888330
07/22/16 01:39 PM
07/22/16 01:39 PM
Uk
T
Tonytough Offline OP
ba da bing
Tonytough  Offline OP
ba da bing
T
Underboss
Uk
Just got onto the page where Simone talks about jury selection and how funny it was- because they hired a sociologist (I have a degree in sociology myself) so glad to see someone made use of one. Anyway, Simone and the other lawyers laughed when they read the questionnaire feedback form.

"What are your thoughts on any defendants?"

Most of them wrote things like "Scarfo is a murdering scum and he should get the chair" or "the chair is not enough for him and his gang"

Scarfo told Simone "where the heck did these people come
from" and was livid but the lawyers found the comments hilarious

And Scarfo ironically can blame himself for the jury that convicted him. Because it was his love of publicity that everyone knew who Scarfo was and the notoriety

Re: Scarfo sr LOVED publicity.... [Re: Tonytough] #888379
07/22/16 08:41 PM
07/22/16 08:41 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
He had a way of thinking and nothing was going to change that.

The man was stuck in the old days and why he could not see a Rico is beyond me .

Everyone knows how he thought and he was think right if it was 1935 and you could buy or intimidate everyone from the President to the guy next-door .

Cackling like a banty Rooster.

I love this," "I just love this."
Re: Scarfo sr LOVED publicity.... [Re: Serpiente] #888383
07/22/16 10:54 PM
07/22/16 10:54 PM
n.e.philly
hoodlum Offline
Underboss
hoodlum  Offline
Underboss
n.e.philly
Originally Posted By: Serpiente
He had a way of thinking and nothing was going to change that.

The man was stuck in the old days and why he could not see a Rico is beyond me .

Everyone knows how he thought and he was think right if it was 1935 and you could buy or intimidate everyone from the President to the guy next-door .
Some cop said that the sorriest day of nick scarfo's life was when they took the running boards off the sides of the cars.

I didn't want to leave blood on your carpet...
Re: Scarfo sr LOVED publicity.... [Re: Tonytough] #888439
07/23/16 01:12 PM
07/23/16 01:12 PM
M
mulberry Offline
Underboss
mulberry  Offline
M
Underboss
I think it has been mentioned hundreds of times that he was an all around disaster in every way as a boss

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull