GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 101 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,337
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,703
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,502
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,279
Posts1,057,732
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
What business deals did Castellano have with Chin& #884907
06/07/16 05:21 PM
06/07/16 05:21 PM
Uk
T
Tonytough Offline OP
ba da bing
Tonytough  Offline OP
ba da bing
T
Underboss
Uk
would Gotti have kept the peace IF he continued this business relationship with Gigante.

Sammy and Gotti says Big Paul sold out the borgotta for a construction company...

He allowed the west side to whack one of his capos so they could take over down there. Hey obviously had various construction arrangements and seems like Sammy continued doing construction kickbacks with them

Angelo says," They made a pact (to kill drug dealers) Chin & Paul". So it appears they had a very close business relationship as bosses of opposing families. Had Gotti basically kissed Chin's backside the way Paul did and kowtow to his every whim- would the Chin have spared him.... On the surface it appeared Chin was very angry Gotti broke commission rules but money talks.... Had Gotti played his cards right ?!

Re: What business deals did Castellano have with Chin& [Re: Tonytough] #884909
06/07/16 06:11 PM
06/07/16 06:11 PM
B
bronx Offline
Underboss
bronx  Offline
B
Underboss
chin could not let it go..he is a boss.that would mean kill a boss buy off other bosses .not why that rule was put in.. gotti knew that .ego swayed reality for him...it was the union stuff... not just a construction company as john says..

Re: What business deals did Castellano have with Chin& [Re: Tonytough] #884938
06/08/16 04:47 AM
06/08/16 04:47 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Yeah, it wouldn't have mattered what Gotti did afterward. Him taking out Castellano was a threat to every sitting boss, including Gigante. That's why Chin couldn't let it go unanswered.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: What business deals did Castellano have with Chin& [Re: IvyLeague] #884949
06/08/16 06:58 AM
06/08/16 06:58 AM
n.e.philly
hoodlum Offline
Underboss
hoodlum  Offline
Underboss
n.e.philly
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Yeah, it wouldn't have mattered what Gotti did afterward. Him taking out Castellano was a threat to every sitting boss, including Gigante. That's why Chin couldn't let it go unanswered.
But, i dont think gotti had the balls to fuck w/the chin to much..as said elsewhere in this forum, gotti was actually petrified of the chin.

I didn't want to leave blood on your carpet...
Re: What business deals did Castellano have with Chin& [Re: Tonytough] #884998
06/08/16 05:17 PM
06/08/16 05:17 PM
Uk
T
Tonytough Offline OP
ba da bing
Tonytough  Offline OP
ba da bing
T
Underboss
Uk
Was "head of the commission" just a media invention or did one boss act as the head. They made out like Carlo Gambino was head of commission but is it just a case of whom was most respected at the time.

ie Gigante in that sense held a lot of clout on the commission which is how he got Vic & Gas to do his dirty work- personally I don't think the Vic/Gas gave two shitts what happened to Paulie

In fact they gave Angie their blessing whereas obviously the elders like Christy Ticks wasn't happy nor consulted for obviously reasons...

Re: What business deals did Castellano have with Chin& [Re: hoodlum] #885029
06/08/16 10:05 PM
06/08/16 10:05 PM
In a wide open city
Tony_Pro Offline
Capo
Tony_Pro  Offline
Capo
In a wide open city
Originally Posted By: hoodlum
But, i dont think gotti had the balls to fuck w/the chin to much..as said elsewhere in this forum, gotti was actually petrified of the chin.

It didn't matter if Gotti was actually afraid or not, Chin didn't know that. Also, it was perception that mattered, bosses are bosses because they are supposed to be invulnerable. Once one ambitious capo takes out a boss then that sets a precedent to all of the other ambitious capos that they can take out a boss, assume control and get away with it without dying.

The idea that the boss can't be fucked with unless under very limited circumstances ("self defense") is the keystone of the whole thing laid down in 1931 that kept everything somewhat stable until the '80s.

This life of ours, this is a wonderful life. If you can get through life like this, hey, thats great. But it's very, very unpredictable. There are so many ways you can screw it up.-Paul Castellano (he would know)

"I'm not talking about Italians, I'm talking about criminals."-Joe Valachi
Re: What business deals did Castellano have with Chin& [Re: Tonytough] #885043
06/09/16 01:45 AM
06/09/16 01:45 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: Tonytough
Was "head of the commission" just a media invention or did one boss act as the head. They made out like Carlo Gambino was head of commission but is it just a case of whom was most respected at the time.

ie Gigante in that sense held a lot of clout on the commission which is how he got Vic & Gas to do his dirty work- personally I don't think the Vic/Gas gave two shitts what happened to Paulie

In fact they gave Angie their blessing whereas obviously the elders like Christy Ticks wasn't happy nor consulted for obviously reasons...

The underlying theory of the Commission in the first place was that there wasn't a single boss above the others. Theoretically they were all equal. However, obviously in real life some bosses will have more clout than others. They may have not been head of the Commission in the formal sense but certain bosses had more influence than their counterparts. Probably whatever boss had the most had a given time the media dubbed head of the Commission. In the early 2000's, for example, Massino chaired the meeting being as he was the last official boss then on the street.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: What business deals did Castellano have with Chin& [Re: Tony_Pro] #885556
06/15/16 09:39 PM
06/15/16 09:39 PM
n.e.philly
hoodlum Offline
Underboss
hoodlum  Offline
Underboss
n.e.philly
Originally Posted By: Tony_Pro
Originally Posted By: hoodlum

It didn't matter if Gotti was actually afraid or not, Chin didn't know that. Also, it was perception that mattered, bosses are bosses because they are supposed to be invulnerable. Once one ambitious capo takes out a boss then that sets a precedent to all of the other ambitious capos that they can take out a boss, assume control and get away with it without dying.

The idea that the boss can't be fucked with unless under very limited circumstances ("self defense") is the keystone of the whole thing laid down in 1931 that kept everything somewhat stable until the '80s.
Understood & well said.

I didn't want to leave blood on your carpet...

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull