GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Toodoped), 126 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,415
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,815
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,505
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,301
Posts1,058,192
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Some Philly Mob Question #881037
04/11/16 05:00 AM
04/11/16 05:00 AM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Offline OP
furio_from_naples  Offline OP

naples,italy
1) I read on Leonetti book that Scarfo ordered to whack Salvie Testa because was jealuos after read the 1984 article that said that salvie was the philly mob crowned prince.
But some on the forum said that is because feared that salvie marrying Maria Merlino wil fform a Testa-Merlino super faction and kill him; others that Testa disrespect scarfo sr so what if the truth ? Salvie was killed due the scarfo jealous/fear to be whacked like bruno and testa father or Testa want to form his own faction like Riccobene ?

2) Just said but if Scarfo wil be out in 2019 and want to turn back to philly, Merlino will order to kill him or will star another war ?

3) The Philly Mob had today the strenght to impose a sort of street tax like in the 80s ?

Thanks Again

Re: Some Philly Mob Question [Re: furio_from_naples] #881038
04/11/16 05:23 AM
04/11/16 05:23 AM
G
gangstereport Offline
Underboss
gangstereport  Offline
G
Underboss
1) it had nothing to do with the article leonetti even says in his book the excuse was maria merlino dont understand where you got that from

The reason for salvies murder was partly maria merlino chuckie was furious and scarfo saw the opportunity to get rid of a rival a man scarfo feared salvie was more violent than scarfo without a doubt. Partly was down to greed faffy tommy del lawrence wayne and joey grande chuckie all beefed on salvie to scarfo they all said that salvie was selling drugs and doing drugs and that he was trying to set up his own gang

Leonetti was delighted salvie got killed something he contradicts in his book the crow and tommy del both said leonetti was happy he got killed court testimony also shows that the crow even quoted leonettis anger that it was taking so long to do the murder

2) scarfo would try something probably get his NY connection he will try and kill joey this is personal for scarfo joey shot his son and joey hates him scarfo fucked over his father and uncle and put a 500k contract on him

3) No the philly mob cant run a street tax like it did in the 80s or even like it did under merlino in the late 90s

Not connected with scott or anyone at gangsterreport

Sorry for the confusion
Re: Some Philly Mob Question [Re: furio_from_naples] #881039
04/11/16 05:32 AM
04/11/16 05:32 AM
naples,italy

naples,italy
Thanks gangsterreport.

So the philly mob don't had the power or it gave up to try?

Re: Some Philly Mob Question [Re: furio_from_naples] #881041
04/11/16 06:52 AM
04/11/16 06:52 AM
ralphie_cifaretto Offline
Underboss
ralphie_cifaretto  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: furio_from_naples
2) Just said but if Scarfo wil be out in 2019 and want to turn back to philly, Merlino will order to kill him or will star another war ?

He will be out in 2033. Where does 2019 come from? Has it changed?

Re: Some Philly Mob Question [Re: furio_from_naples] #881042
04/11/16 07:08 AM
04/11/16 07:08 AM
G
gangstereport Offline
Underboss
gangstereport  Offline
G
Underboss
he is out in 2033 i think furio meant if scarfo was to get out in 2019 what would happened

Sorry for the confusion
Re: Some Philly Mob Question [Re: gangstereport] #881043
04/11/16 07:19 AM
04/11/16 07:19 AM
ralphie_cifaretto Offline
Underboss
ralphie_cifaretto  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: gangstereport
he is out in 2033 i think furio meant if scarfo was to get out in 2019 what would happened

All right. Well, isn't Scarfo almost 90? If his health is really good then he might try something. He's a really nutty guy. In his mind, it's still 1984.

Re: Some Philly Mob Question [Re: ralphie_cifaretto] #881044
04/11/16 07:35 AM
04/11/16 07:35 AM
naples,italy

naples,italy
Originally Posted By: ralphie_cifaretto

He will be out in 2033. Where does 2019 come from? Has it changed?

What I would say is if Scarfo at the age of 90 so in the 2019 will be out like funari 'cause the age (or because the feds thinks is too old too be a menage for it).

Re: Some Philly Mob Question [Re: furio_from_naples] #881046
04/11/16 07:39 AM
04/11/16 07:39 AM
naples,italy

naples,italy
It's ironic that at the age of 103 will be out in 2032 first of his son in 2037.

Last edited by furio_from_naples; 04/11/16 07:40 AM.
Re: Some Philly Mob Question [Re: furio_from_naples] #881052
04/11/16 10:16 AM
04/11/16 10:16 AM
C
Crash Offline
Capo
Crash  Offline
C
Capo
I think the true reason salvie testa was killed was that Scarfo didnt like all the attention Salvie was getting. It almost implied he was the real boss. I also think the wall street journal article that talks about Testa as being the second coming bothered Scarfo and it kind of made him look bad to the guys in NYC, at least in Scarfo's eyes.
I really think that is what the killing was all about. Scarfo probably thought, " hey, im the boss, why is this young punk getting all this attention".

Last edited by Crash; 04/11/16 10:17 AM.
Re: Some Philly Mob Question [Re: furio_from_naples] #881053
04/11/16 10:28 AM
04/11/16 10:28 AM
naples,italy

naples,italy
Another Question: some said that Scarfo wasnt banisher by Bruno and exilated to Atlantic City but until the 1976 AC was a dead city why scarfo must on his will go away from Philly for AC ?

Re: Some Philly Mob Question [Re: furio_from_naples] #881055
04/11/16 11:20 AM
04/11/16 11:20 AM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
Most sources say Scarfo was banished, but I don't think so. You can spread out easier in New Jersey then in Philadelphia. Also Scarfo was locked up with some members of the Genovese family in the 60s, so more likely someone suggested a change of scenery.

Scarfo having Testa killed was cause members of the family were saying Salvatore was doing his own thing and trying to take over the family. The only threat Testa posed to anyone, was Leonetti, who knew that Salvatore was Nicky's top Capo who was rising through the the ranks fast. Phil hated this and wanted power. He had power since he was Scarfo nephew, but he wanted more. Hence members of Leonetti crew started to say stories, then other members of the family started to tell stories. When Testa called off the wedding, Merlino went to Nick, and that is when Scarfo ordered the hit. Salvatore figured Scarfo would smooth things out, like his father and Nick's uncles did for Scarfo when he called off his own marriage. Who gains the most from Testa death? Leonetti. That move was the beginning of Merlino's downfall and in a couple of years Merlino is knocked down and Leonetti is the Underboss. Think about it.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: Some Philly Mob Question [Re: furio_from_naples] #881056
04/11/16 11:45 AM
04/11/16 11:45 AM
naples,italy

naples,italy
Quote:
That move was the beginning of Merlino's downfall and in a couple of years Merlino is knocked down and Leonetti is the Underboss. Think about it.

As I remember Leonetti in his book said another thing,but you're right Giacomo. Crazy Phil become the young underboss and when knowed that his uncle will fall and he must done 45 y decide to flip.
With his son excuse for covert all.
There are no honor among the criminals.

Giacomo any idea if the family don't try to impose again the street tax 'cause the hadn't streight or for other reasons ?

Re: Some Philly Mob Question [Re: furio_from_naples] #881058
04/11/16 02:03 PM
04/11/16 02:03 PM
G
gangstereport Offline
Underboss
gangstereport  Offline
G
Underboss
Quote:
That move was the beginning of Merlino's downfall and in a couple of years Merlino is knocked down and Leonetti is the Underboss. Think about it.

As I remember Leonetti in his book said another thing,but you're right Giacomo. Crazy Phil become the young underboss and when knowed that his uncle will fall and he must done 45 y decide to flip.

Giacomo any idea if the family don't try to impose again the street tax 'cause the hadn't streight or for other reasons ?

furio leonetti is obviously going to try and make himself look better dont get me wrong the book was great but other mobsters have contradicted what he said.

In blood and honour nicky the crows book he says that leonetti told him and charlie white he was fed up seeing salvie alive i cant remember exactly what he said but he was happy that salvie got killed in that book he tried to make himself out to be this good guy this guy was a real killer and a scumbag the book was very good gave a better understanding of the scarfo regime but what he says is not fact.
read blood and honour by the crow then you get two points of view from leonetti and the crow then you will get a better understanding because these rats they are not going to say they were the bad guys they want to look like they were real gangsters and that they were justified in ratting

Last edited by gangstereport; 04/11/16 02:04 PM.

Sorry for the confusion
Re: Some Philly Mob Question [Re: gangstereport] #881061
04/11/16 02:37 PM
04/11/16 02:37 PM
MidWest
S
Sal_Bronte Offline
Made Member
Sal_Bronte  Offline
S
Made Member
MidWest
Originally Posted By: gangstereport
Quote:

furio leonetti is obviously going to try and make himself look better dont get me wrong the book was great but other mobsters have contradicted what he said.

In blood and honour nicky the crows book he says that leonetti told him and charlie white he was fed up seeing salvie alive i cant remember exactly what he said but he was happy that salvie got killed in that book he tried to make himself out to be this good guy this guy was a real killer and a scumbag the book was very good gave a better understanding of the scarfo regime but what he says is not fact.
read blood and honour by the crow then you get two points of view from leonetti and the crow then you will get a better understanding because these rats they are not going to say they were the bad guys they want to look like they were real gangsters and that they were justified in ratting

if Im not mistaken I think Phil has contradicted himself a couple in interviews regarding how he felt about Salvie's murder.

Re: Some Philly Mob Question [Re: furio_from_naples] #881185
04/13/16 07:16 AM
04/13/16 07:16 AM
naples,italy

naples,italy
The philly mob with 40 made men on the streets is still feared ?
The street tax isn't extort 'cause less strenght or for dont make heat on the family ?

Re: Some Philly Mob Question [Re: Giacomo_Vacari] #881187
04/13/16 07:43 AM
04/13/16 07:43 AM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari
Most sources say Scarfo was banished, but I don't think so. You can spread out easier in New Jersey then in Philadelphia. Also Scarfo was locked up with some members of the Genovese family in the 60s, so more likely someone suggested a change of scenery.

Scarfo having Testa killed was cause members of the family were saying Salvatore was doing his own thing and trying to take over the family. The only threat Testa posed to anyone, was Leonetti, who knew that Salvatore was Nicky's top Capo who was rising through the the ranks fast. Phil hated this and wanted power. He had power since he was Scarfo nephew, but he wanted more. Hence members of Leonetti crew started to say stories, then other members of the family started to tell stories. When Testa called off the wedding, Merlino went to Nick, and that is when Scarfo ordered the hit. Salvatore figured Scarfo would smooth things out, like his father and Nick's uncles did for Scarfo when he called off his own marriage. Who gains the most from Testa death? Leonetti. That move was the beginning of Merlino's downfall and in a couple of years Merlino is knocked down and Leonetti is the Underboss. Think about it.

Seriously, stop. I don't know what kick you get out of misleading people, who have a genuine desire to learn about these things, but you're just proving yourself as an even bigger asshat on these forums, man. There isnt a single source, that says Leonetti wanted Testa dead because he was jealous or none of that bullshit. Whom are these members of Leonettis crew you speak of? Because it's NEVER been mentioned that he actually had one. Leonetti's place was secure, he had more power than Testa had. He was basically the acting boss without the title while Scarfo was in prison. It was Leonetti meeting with all the NY guys, no one else. The issue with Merlino & Testa also didnt happen how you say it did, but thats been talked about in depth on here.

Youve been banned on the other forums, I'm not going to let you pollute this forum with bullshit, we've had enough of that.

Re: Some Philly Mob Question [Re: furio_from_naples] #881279
04/14/16 12:32 PM
04/14/16 12:32 PM
North Jersey
ItalianIrishMix Offline
Underboss
ItalianIrishMix  Offline
Underboss
North Jersey
It's ironic that at the age of 103 will be out in 2032 first of his son in 2037.

I actually want to see him live to 103....Would be very interesting.

If he does, I personally don't think that reclaiming anything with the mob would be on his mind.....50 years in the can HAS GOT to change your perspective. There is no way that he still realistically thinks he could reclaim anything today. The fact that he asked partially paralyzed Ciancaglini for help shows me this.

Although he probably would never dare to admit it, I am sure he is really thinking about how everything that was so good, turned out so bad in the end. (Oldest son wants nothing to do with fam, Middle one doing 30, youngest hung himself, nephew ratted on him, own mother chose to live with Phil)

He is currently on the most desolate island, pondering his life. The only family he has are a few of the aging mobsters that are still hanging on.
Got to be rough!

Re: Some Philly Mob Question [Re: ItalianIrishMix] #881284
04/14/16 02:30 PM
04/14/16 02:30 PM
naples,italy

naples,italy
Originally Posted By: ItalianIrishMix

I actually want to see him live to 103....Would be very interesting.

If he does, I personally don't think that reclaiming anything with the mob would be on his mind.....50 years in the can HAS GOT to change your perspective. There is no way that he still realistically thinks he could reclaim anything today. The fact that he asked partially paralyzed Ciancaglini for help shows me this.

Although he probably would never dare to admit it, I am sure he is really thinking about how everything that was so good, turned out so bad in the end. (Oldest son wants nothing to do with fam, Middle one doing 30, youngest hung himself, nephew ratted on him, own mother chose to live with Phil)

He is currently on the most desolate island, pondering his life. The only family he has are a few of the aging mobsters that are still hanging on.
Got to be rough!

IMO his strategy could be to make think that is finished and try to go out before. In a way or another in the 2019 or 2032 is how you said: his nephew ratted,his sister and the eldest son hate him,his son that suicided and the other that get 30 y,the mobsters that hated him because the long sentenced due his blood thirst.

Nobody will welcome him when will be out.

Re: Some Philly Mob Question [Re: furio_from_naples] #881290
04/14/16 03:57 PM
04/14/16 03:57 PM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
Who sought out a Joey Chang Jr for help? Nicky Scarfo Jr didn't try to recruit him simply because thats all the Philly help he was able to get. According to various reports of the day, and Philly members who claimed to have been around during the time, both state that Scarfo Jr had a couple of Philly guys willing to go along with his plot, or at least go along with him after he succeeded his supposed "take over". I don't know how true that is though. However one thing is for sure, Scarfo Jr had some backing from select members of at least 3 of the 5 families in NY and NJ. I'm not talking about bosses and underbosses here, but soldiers who he was friendly with, associates, and I think a few capos were willing to back Scarfo Jr. And Joey Chang isn't as immobilized as you may think.

Last edited by SinatraClub; 04/14/16 03:58 PM.
Re: Some Philly Mob Question [Re: furio_from_naples] #881307
04/14/16 08:04 PM
04/14/16 08:04 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
Sinatra there was a lot of stuff going on and quite a few families and guys.

The other thing was the pull his old man had to be able to do his part he must still have some old timers or even family in NY to help get messages passed .

Also with the other families there must of been a side that was behind Skinny also I am curious if we will ever know who was who and what was what.

Amuso must of had a hand in it also but I don't know how far he was willing to go with going after other families rackets or more.

Cackling like a banty Rooster.

I love this," "I just love this."
Re: Some Philly Mob Question [Re: SinatraClub] #881421
04/17/16 12:48 AM
04/17/16 12:48 AM
n.e.philly
hoodlum Offline
Underboss
hoodlum  Offline
Underboss
n.e.philly
Originally Posted By: SinatraClub
Originally Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari

Seriously, stop. I don't know what kick you get out of misleading people, who have a genuine desire to learn about these things, but you're just proving yourself as an even bigger asshat on these forums, man. There isnt a single source, that says Leonetti wanted Testa dead because he was jealous or none of that bullshit. Whom are these members of Leonettis crew you speak of? Because it's NEVER been mentioned that he actually had one. Leonetti's place was secure, he had more power than Testa had. He was basically the acting boss without the title while Scarfo was in prison. It was Leonetti meeting with all the NY guys, no one else. The issue with Merlino & Testa also didnt happen how you say it did, but thats been talked about in depth on here.

Youve been banned on the other forums, I'm not going to let you pollute this forum with bullshit, we've had enough of that.
IT'S ABOUT TIME someone said what other members were thinking..WHATS A MOOK?,THIS GUY CAN'T CALL ME A MOOK..(mean streets 1973),but, seriously folks,what the fuck is this guy high on??..thanx again 4 ur support sinatra.

Last edited by hoodlum; 04/17/16 12:59 AM.

I didn't want to leave blood on your carpet...
Re: Some Philly Mob Question [Re: hoodlum] #881422
04/17/16 01:17 AM
04/17/16 01:17 AM
n.e.philly
hoodlum Offline
Underboss
hoodlum  Offline
Underboss
n.e.philly
Let me tell u something,everyone involved,this guy is pullin' shit out of his hat far 2 long..sinatra has been on 2 this guy's shenanigans b4 us all..we all try 2 learn & experience the real hobby of it all,but when a jitbag comes along & tries 2 flood misleading trollbites, it ruins all.Those truly in the know, maybe w/ possible friends in the world in which we speak of,do not need 2 hear a wannabe mister fantasy "i've been there kind of listen to my shit as i make it up as i go along " BULLSHIT...''enough said..i rest my case,..once again,thanx sinatra.!

I didn't want to leave blood on your carpet...
Re: Some Philly Mob Question [Re: furio_from_naples] #881466
04/18/16 12:33 PM
04/18/16 12:33 PM
naples,italy

naples,italy
Where is the top dogs on philly ?

For sure the pagans,the blacks...

There are some latinos gangs ?

And the mafia still stike fear or respect in philly ?

Re: Some Philly Mob Question [Re: furio_from_naples] #881548
04/20/16 01:09 AM
04/20/16 01:09 AM
M
marine Offline
Made Member
marine  Offline
M
Made Member
the pagans run big outside the city.. in fact from Lancaster to Allentown and also into the city.. they must make X2 maybe x5 of what the philly boys bring in.. The philly boys have 25-30 guys from delco who call sphilly to place bets.. That's their delco books... that aint nothing compared to the pagans from their prescription pills to the meth, which they make.. their baggin in the $$$.. That's why 85% of the philly boys have legit jobs and some now finding construction.. They all go home after work beat the wife , kids and probably kick around the dog.. Then get drunk and watch godfather or watch mob wives wit a jar of cream.. And that antwan nicodemo can a only take so much before he gives up in a few years.. prison is tough they can leave men with a broken heart. I wonder if dom grande is takin care of nicodemo wife?

Re: Some Philly Mob Question [Re: furio_from_naples] #881550
04/20/16 02:57 AM
04/20/16 02:57 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

You can read the most recent National Drug Threat Assessment or Philadelphia HIDTA reports from late last year. The Mexican DTO's are the dominant suppliers of heroin, cocaine, and marijuana in the region. Mid-level and retail-level DTOs in the region remain a mixture of Hispanic (particularly Dominican), African-American, and Caucasian DTOs and dealers, as well as neighborhood-based criminal street gangs.

I don't recall the Pagans or any other OMG being specifically mentioned in the latest reports in relation to any drug. Reports from 2007 to 2010 did say they and other clubs were involved in the distribution of retail quantities of cocaine and marijuana, as well as manufactured and distributed retail quantities of meth the region. And, yes, I am aware of the Pagan indictments in recent years, including the prescription one from last year, but I'm not sure they're the best example "baggin in the $$$" for comparison purposes.

In answer to Furio's question, the mob operates within its own spheres in Philadelphia, Delaware County, South Jersey, etc. Illegal gambling, mainly in the form of bookmaking and video poker machines, are it's bread and butter. When one talks about fear or respect, the local mob apparently has enough to hold its own. But that's also due to it operating within its own niche, including on the margins of the drug trade. And, across the board for the most part, conflict is internal, ie mob guys killing mob guys, bikers killing bikers, gang members killing gang members, etc because they're all more likely to step on each other's toes than an outsider.

Last edited by IvyLeague; 04/20/16 03:13 AM.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull