GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (DanteMoltisanti, 2 invisible), 119 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,095
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,359
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,487
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,218
Posts1,056,200
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Scarfo content at #3 spot? [Re: FrankMazola] #876788
02/27/16 01:58 AM
02/27/16 01:58 AM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
Phil Leonetti is a pathological liar and tries to place all the blame for all the murders on his uncle. He claims Salvie was his best friend and he didnt want him clipped and how he tried to stop it and how he was sad when he died. Bullshit.

According to both Caramandi and Tommy Del, Leonetti would say things like, "I wish we'd hurry up and kill this guy" or something along those lines and "I'm sick of seeing his fucking face".

Re: Scarfo content at #3 spot? [Re: SinatraClub] #876801
02/27/16 07:32 AM
02/27/16 07:32 AM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
Originally Posted By: SinatraClub
Phil Leonetti is a pathological liar and tries to place all the blame for all the murders on his uncle. He claims Salvie was his best friend and he didnt want him clipped and how he tried to stop it and how he was sad when he died. Bullshit.

According to both Caramandi and Tommy Del, Leonetti would say things like, "I wish we'd hurry up and kill this guy" or something along those lines and "I'm sick of seeing his fucking face".

to be fair caramandi and tommy del arent exactly honest people. Tommy del lied about his nationality to get made and caramandi made a living out of lying. Im not defending leonetti but phil was a lot closer to salvie than those 2 were

Re: Scarfo content at #3 spot? [Re: FrankMazola] #876805
02/27/16 09:39 AM
02/27/16 09:39 AM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
No, but there are two informants who were never fond of each other who flipped at different times who both say the same thing about Phil. And this has been discussed on this forum before, Phil Leonetti has proven to be a liar on more than one occasion. And consider how close he was to Scarfo, if he was really so fond of Salvie, and didnt want to see him die, you dont think he couldve stepped in and made a case with his uncle that Chuckie's guys were lying? Yet he did nothing....Some people simply tend to give Phil Leonetti too much credit. As if he was simply a product of his uncle and simply carried out actions when his uncle said so. Phil was a power in his own right due to his killstreak and temper, little of which had much to do with his uncle. Had he wanted to, he couldve had Salvies murder not happen or stalled at least until truths were found out. Yet he simply went along with the plan. And he had his own motives for that, none of which were to help Salvie Testa.

And DelGiorno didn't exactly lie about his nationality to get inducted. He was Italian, and what people tend to not mention is that he grew up around those guys all his life..He wasn't just some stranger who popped up in South Philly all of a sudden and went on to be made. He'd known majority of guys since he was a kid and they knew him. He began working for Frankie Flowers at a very young age, in mob terms. He grew up in the life, some obviously knew he was half Polish. And they let his induction slide anyway.

Last edited by SinatraClub; 02/27/16 09:47 AM.
Re: Scarfo content at #3 spot? [Re: SinatraClub] #876819
02/27/16 12:07 PM
02/27/16 12:07 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
No, but there are two informants who were never fond of each other who flipped at different times who both say the same thing about Phil. And this has been discussed on this forum before, Phil Leonetti has proven to be a liar on more than one occasion. And consider how close he was to Scarfo, if he was really so fond of Salvie, and didnt want to see him die, you dont think he couldve stepped in and made a case with his uncle that Chuckie's guys were lying? Yet he did nothing....Some people simply tend to give Phil Leonetti too much credit. As if he was simply a product of his uncle and simply carried out actions when his uncle said so. Phil was a power in his own right due to his killstreak and temper, little of which had much to do with his uncle. Had he wanted to, he couldve had Salvies murder not happen or stalled at least until truths were found out. Yet he simply went along with the plan. And he had his own motives for that, none of which were to help Salvie Testa.

And DelGiorno didn't exactly lie about his nationality to get inducted. He was Italian, and what people tend to not mention is that he grew up around those guys all his life..He wasn't just some stranger who popped up in South Philly all of a sudden and went on to be made. He'd known majority of guys since he was a kid and they knew him. He began working for Frankie Flowers at a very young age, in mob terms. He grew up in the life, some obviously knew he was half Polish. And they let his induction slide anyway.

you misinterpreted my post. I have NEVER given leonetti any credit and im not defending the guy. I never said he was innocent in salvies death. In fact phil admitted he just let it happen so he is just as guilty. My point is you cant trust any of these guys and what they say

Last edited by JCrusher; 02/27/16 12:08 PM.
Re: Scarfo content at #3 spot? [Re: SinatraClub] #876822
02/27/16 12:22 PM
02/27/16 12:22 PM
NJ
F
FrankMazola Offline OP
Underboss
FrankMazola  Offline OP
F
Underboss
NJ
And consider how close he was to Scarfo, if he was really so fond of Salvie, and didnt want to see him die, you dont think he couldve stepped in and made a case with his uncle that Chuckie's guys were lying? Yet he did nothing....Some people simply tend to give Phil Leonetti too much credit. As if he was simply a product of his uncle and simply carried out actions when his uncle said so. Phil was a power in his own right due to his killstreak and temper, little of which had much to do with his uncle. Had he wanted to, he couldve had Salvies murder not happen or stalled at least until truths were found out. Yet he simply went along with the plan. And he had his own motives for that, none of which were to help Salvie Testa.

I don't easily believe informants. Faced with 45 years, I'd probably provide a sanitized representation of my crimes too. Even with a 5k1 letter from the AUSA. But I believe Leonetti. It is remarkable the power that someone can have over you when they are (essentially) your Father and a domineering personality like Scarfo. I mean look at Calabrese, Gotti, etc. I think that he was too scared to stand up for himself with Salvie.

I really think that where Leonetti went wrong was not whacking out Nicky Scarfo. He could have had it all to himself without having to kill Salvie, Merlino brothers, that North Jersey Capo.

F. Mazola, Esq.
Re: Scarfo content at #3 spot? [Re: JCrusher] #876827
02/27/16 12:52 PM
02/27/16 12:52 PM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
Originally Posted By: JCrusher

you misinterpreted my post. I have NEVER given leonetti any credit and im not defending the guy. I never said he was innocent in salvies death. In fact phil admitted he just let it happen so he is just as guilty. My point is you cant trust any of these guys and what they say

I wasn't saying you personally, I meant in general, individuals on this forum give Leonetti too much credit as if he was somehow forced into mob life, forced to advance and forced to become a killer and live off that reputation. My bad for not clarifying that earlier.

Re: Scarfo content at #3 spot? [Re: FrankMazola] #876828
02/27/16 12:53 PM
02/27/16 12:53 PM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
Originally Posted By: FrankMazola
And consider how close he was to Scarfo, if he was really so fond of Salvie, and didnt want to see him die, you dont think he couldve stepped in and made a case with his uncle that Chuckie's guys were lying? Yet he did nothing....Some people simply tend to give Phil Leonetti too much credit. As if he was simply a product of his uncle and simply carried out actions when his uncle said so. Phil was a power in his own right due to his killstreak and temper, little of which had much to do with his uncle. Had he wanted to, he couldve had Salvies murder not happen or stalled at least until truths were found out. Yet he simply went along with the plan. And he had his own motives for that, none of which were to help Salvie Testa.

I don't easily believe informants. Faced with 45 years, I'd probably provide a sanitized representation of my crimes too. Even with a 5k1 letter from the AUSA. But I believe Leonetti. It is remarkable the power that someone can have over you when they are (essentially) your Father and a domineering personality like Scarfo. I mean look at Calabrese, Gotti, etc. I think that he was too scared to stand up for himself with Salvie.

I really think that where Leonetti went wrong was not whacking out Nicky Scarfo. He could have had it all to himself without having to kill Salvie, Merlino brothers, that North Jersey Capo.

You believe all that and what he says if you want to.

Re: Scarfo content at #3 spot? [Re: SinatraClub] #876838
02/27/16 01:39 PM
02/27/16 01:39 PM
NJ
F
FrankMazola Offline OP
Underboss
FrankMazola  Offline OP
F
Underboss
NJ
Presented the issue:
Leonetti's credibility.

Described a trend:
Domineering father figures in LCN (or life) having control over their protege's upbringing and actions (or inactions).

Presented evidence to support the trend:
Leonetti's own testimony, other examples in other LCN families.

Made a Conclusion:
I believe that Nicky Scarfo had strong influence over Phil. This may have affected his adherence to Salvie's murder and apprehension to do something about Scarfo.

But thank you for giving me permission to believe what I choose to.

Last edited by FrankMazola; 02/27/16 01:45 PM.

F. Mazola, Esq.
Re: Scarfo content at #3 spot? [Re: FrankMazola] #876842
02/27/16 02:26 PM
02/27/16 02:26 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

Re Frank Martines underboss: his defense lawyer had this to say.

Quote:
Martines, alleged acting underboss, had such stature, his lawyer said sarcastically, that he once was asked to leave a meeting when mob business was being discussed.

Though it's a defense lawyer so it must be taken with a grain of salt.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: Scarfo content at #3 spot? [Re: FrankMazola] #876847
02/27/16 03:28 PM
02/27/16 03:28 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
Philip Leonetti Loved the life and could have gotten out anytime before he was made...

He used the mob and loved acting out with the power of LCN behind him.

Chris his cousin got out and don't believe for one minute that Chris was not involved like most here have put him on a pedestal of walking away.

He walked away after he was asked to go to far and his father was calling some deadly shots and it opened his eyes .

Chris was right there with Phil with the power of the mob behind them.

Salvie's murder was justified by there power and beliefs and Phil may of had apprehension just before the murder was planed but after it was justified by him and the rest.

They all made a adult decision and had to live or die with it but Phil.

Cackling like a banty Rooster.

I love this," "I just love this."
Re: Scarfo content at #3 spot? [Re: FrankMazola] #876851
02/27/16 03:50 PM
02/27/16 03:50 PM
NJ
F
FrankMazola Offline OP
Underboss
FrankMazola  Offline OP
F
Underboss
NJ
Agreed. The last thing I want to do is look like Phil's apologist. That being said, I believe him when he talks about his Pontious Pilate hesitation (regretfully) in not stopping Salvie's murder.

F. Mazola, Esq.
Re: Scarfo content at #3 spot? [Re: FrankMazola] #876864
02/27/16 05:01 PM
02/27/16 05:01 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
Look Phil was as lucky as they come from St. Michael's to the Feds.

Everything he did and everything he wanted he got !!

He never did without and he just always lands on his feet always has.

Now don't get me wrong he had balls for a small dude that was not a fighter ,

Re: Scarfo content at #3 spot? [Re: FrankMazola] #876871
02/27/16 05:59 PM
02/27/16 05:59 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
Who exactly is defending leonetti? I havent seen one person give him credit/defense/props. He was a killer no doubt about it. He only got out when he was in jail we all realize that. But as bad as leonetti was his uncle was a absolute psychopath. Leonetti may be a liar BUT he has kept out of trouble which is rare for lifelong criminals. So im not defending leonetti in any way, im just stating facts

Last edited by JCrusher; 02/27/16 06:00 PM.
Re: Scarfo content at #3 spot? [Re: FrankMazola] #876872
02/27/16 06:05 PM
02/27/16 06:05 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

Was it Leonetti who stole a small fortune from Scarfo after they were both convicted?

This, along with the money the Feds let him keep from his illicit crimes, probably set him up for life.

He wouldn't need to get into crime again.

And aren't their myriad stories about Leonetti getting into it with everyone from high school kids to biker gangs?

Was that Scarfo's fault too? That the guy had a hair trigger temper?

There is something chilling about a guy who can kill without blinking, like Leonetti, who can just stop on a dime like that - when he cooperated.

If anyone wants to see the real Leonetti, see his facial ticks when he got upset with the interviewer's testing questions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ah-z4V08xg8

Blame Scarfo all you guys want but Leonetti loved the trappings that came with being a mobster, and 10 years after ratting still seemed to be making excuses for that lifestyle.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: Scarfo content at #3 spot? [Re: Moe_Tilden] #876873
02/27/16 06:07 PM
02/27/16 06:07 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Moe_Tilden
Was it Leonetti who stole a small fortune from Scarfo after they were both convicted?

This, along with the money the Feds let him keep from his illicit crimes, probably set him up for life.

He wouldn't need to get into crime again.

And aren't their myriad stories about Leonetti getting into it with everyone from high school kids to biker gangs?

Was that Scarfo's fault too? That the guy had a hair trigger temper?

There is something chilling about a guy who can kill without blinking, like Leonetti, who can just stop on a dime like that - when he cooperated.

If anyone wants to see the real Leonetti, see his facial ticks when he got upset with the interviewer's testing questions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ah-z4V08xg8

Blame Scarfo all you guys want but Leonetti loved the trappings that came with being a mobster, and 10 years after ratting still seemed to be making excuses for that lifestyle.

once again NOBODY is defending leonetti. Im starting to get the feeling people are defending scarfo which is insane

Re: Scarfo content at #3 spot? [Re: FrankMazola] #876874
02/27/16 06:17 PM
02/27/16 06:17 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

JCrusher

It wasn't meant as a rebuke at people defending Leonetti.

It was meant as a rebuke towards people passing the buck to Scarfo for Leonetti's lifestyle.

Leonetti is responsible for his own actions.

Re: Scarfo content at #3 spot? [Re: Moe_Tilden] #876876
02/27/16 06:23 PM
02/27/16 06:23 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Moe_Tilden
JCrusher

It wasn't meant as a rebuke at people defending Leonetti.

It was meant as a rebuke towards people passing the buck to Scarfo for Leonetti's lifestyle.

Leonetti is responsible for his own actions.

who blamed scarfo for leonettis actions? Everyone agrees phil made his own bed. However it probably didnt help that his uncle was a fuckin nutjob

Re: Scarfo content at #3 spot? [Re: FrankMazola] #876881
02/27/16 09:53 PM
02/27/16 09:53 PM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
That's not really an excuse when you look at Paul Castellanos kids. Hell even Junior Gotti at one point went to visit his dying father and told him in a video recorded conversation that he was getting out. And I fucking hate Junior Gotti for being another pathological liar, but it is what it is. He had enough and faced his father and got out of the life.

Michael Franzese, faced his father, got out of the life, and took the consequences, which was his father having no association with him for a very long time. And at the behest of his father they rekindled their relationship later on down the line.

You have Nicky Jr. Whom followed his father into the life, but did things how he wanted to do them. By most accounts he never acted like the tough guy, he never threw his weight around, and he took a different path to earn. Did he follow his fathers orders? Yes, but he knew his place and he knew he was no killer.

You have stories of Leonetti showing up to high schools with a gun in his wasteband. Moe linked the 60 minutes interview and his attitude comes through on numerous occasions whenever hes asked something he doesnt want to be asked. The guy killed Falcone and then had a long relationship with Falcones former girlfriend and felt nothing over it. Falcone is another guy Leonetti calls a "friend" and who he once killed with. None of these guys should be excused, especially Phil Leonetti. He did nothing to stop Salvie Testas murder. NOTHING. You have two informants who've stated that he egged it on after a while when they couldn't get to him. He used the feds to steal close to a million dollars from his uncle, to fund his new life. THATS why he's stayed out of trouble, like I said before, most mob informants don't have the priviledge of having uncles who were mob bosses whom they were able to steal from while the latter sat in prison for the rest of his foreseeable life. And he simply put his uncles money into what he knew, construction and concrete and lives off that to this very day.

Phil Leonetti loved the mob life and everything that came with it, he loved the power, he loved the fear he put into people, he loved the feeling of invincibility. And he only gave it up because he couldn't deal with the fate of his life choice like the real gangsters and tough guys do. He turned rat. You can't blame his uncle for this, especially when it's probable he would've turned out like this either way, considering his father was also a low-ranking mobster. Even with his domineering uncle, the path Phil took was his and his alone and it was all his choice. That isn't defending Nicky Scarfo, that's the fact of the matter. Leonetti became just as much, if not more of a nutjob as Nicky Scarfo was. And he loved every second of it.

Last edited by SinatraClub; 02/27/16 09:54 PM.
Re: Scarfo content at #3 spot? [Re: SinatraClub] #876885
02/27/16 10:18 PM
02/27/16 10:18 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
That's not really an excuse when you look at Paul Castellanos kids. Hell even Junior Gotti at one point went to visit his dying father and told him in a video recorded conversation that he was getting out. And I fucking hate Junior Gotti for being another pathological liar, but it is what it is. He had enough and faced his father and got out of the life.

Michael Franzese, faced his father, got out of the life, and took the consequences, which was his father having no association with him for a very long time. And at the behest of his father they rekindled their relationship later on down the line.

You have Nicky Jr. Whom followed his father into the life, but did things how he wanted to do them. By most accounts he never acted like the tough guy, he never threw his weight around, and he took a different path to earn. Did he follow his fathers orders? Yes, but he knew his place and he knew he was no killer.

You have stories of Leonetti showing up to high schools with a gun in his wasteband. Moe linked the 60 minutes interview and his attitude comes through on numerous occasions whenever hes asked something he doesnt want to be asked. The guy killed Falcone and then had a long relationship with Falcones former girlfriend and felt nothing over it. Falcone is another guy Leonetti calls a "friend" and who he once killed with. None of these guys should be excused, especially Phil Leonetti. He did nothing to stop Salvie Testas murder. NOTHING. You have two informants who've stated that he egged it on after a while when they couldn't get to him. He used the feds to steal close to a million dollars from his uncle, to fund his new life. THATS why he's stayed out of trouble, like I said before, most mob informants don't have the priviledge of having uncles who were mob bosses whom they were able to steal from while the latter sat in prison for the rest of his foreseeable life. And he simply put his uncles money into what he knew, construction and concrete and lives off that to this very day.

Phil Leonetti loved the mob life and everything that came with it, he loved the power, he loved the fear he put into people, he loved the feeling of invincibility. And he only gave it up because he couldn't deal with the fate of his life choice like the real gangsters and tough guys do. He turned rat. You can't blame his uncle for this, especially when it's probable he would've turned out like this either way, considering his father was also a low-ranking mobster. Even with his domineering uncle, the path Phil took was his and his alone and it was all his choice. That isn't defending Nicky Scarfo, that's the fact of the matter. Leonetti became just as much, if not more of a nutjob as Nicky Scarfo was. And he loved every second of it.

For the 100th time i never excused leonetti of anything. I have simply stated facts. I Havent given him credit or said he was a good guy. Maybe i need to write in a different language because some arent getting it lol

Re: Scarfo content at #3 spot? [Re: JCrusher] #876893
02/27/16 11:29 PM
02/27/16 11:29 PM
n.e.philly
hoodlum Offline
Underboss
hoodlum  Offline
Underboss
n.e.philly
Originally Posted By: JCrusher
Who exactly is defending leonetti? I havent seen one person give him credit/defense/props. He was a killer no doubt about it. He only got out when he was in jail we all realize that. But as bad as leonetti was his uncle was a absolute psychopath. Leonetti may be a liar BUT he has kept out of trouble which is rare for lifelong criminals. So im not defending leonetti in any way, im just stating facts
I WAS guilty of defending Phil, u guy's saw my earlier posts, but i have drove my bus elsewhere,upon multiple hearings & studies into viewing this monster rear it's ugly head..I do respect him (still) 4 going straight & STAYING THAT WAY..& 4 putting his kid on the right track..but..he is what he is,& Serp, I don't doubt ur 1rst hand knowledge 1 iota..we will never know until somebody gives a real tell all after someone @ the top is dead..

I didn't want to leave blood on your carpet...
Re: Scarfo content at #3 spot? [Re: hoodlum] #877884
03/10/16 02:25 PM
03/10/16 02:25 PM
spmob Offline
Underboss
spmob  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: hoodlum
Originally Posted By: Serpiente
Sinatra ^^^^^ good post ... Salvie was not a known user , don't know who ever herd that.

But right on the money with the backstabbing coming from Chucky's crew .
And yes the little guy loved the double edge sword to make things appear right.
But Serp,..no offense either..but Phil has said in an 60 min.interview that salvie was not dealing drugs..then right after, said (like he was talking 2 his uncle)"..what u wanna kill everybody?"....but u of all(most) posters would know any better or b more topic sensitive 2 this particular subject,& u never know what would b runnin thru those old scarfo guys minds,so i now don't know what 2 believe...

Salvie was NO Drug Dealer. He had more money than most of the guys out there and was smarter and had legal businesses as well. He might have backed some guys by loaning them money. And we all know that Scarfo was the one who started the Street Tax on Drug dealers. Basically thats all the same shit. I don't think Scarfo was ever truly against drugs. He just didn't want his guys directly involved in it just like every other boss has said the same thing because they don't want to do that Drug time. And Salvie basically ran the family while Scarfo was in the can. Most guys you talk to, who didn't have a direct beef with Salvie (like the Grandes), will tell you that he was the real deal. His dad taught him well and he used that and his experiences. Thats why it took them so long to whack him. Between guys not wanting to do it and him being to smart. I don't care what people say, Scarfo was jealous and used various excuses as to why he ordered the hit. He had to give a reason so guys didn't start turning against him. Look at Leonetti. If you believe him, he said that himself and others saw Scarfo going downhill and them not knowing who would be killed next. Even if Salvie and Nick's relationship started falling apart (mostly because of Scarfo, Merlino, Grande and other jealous guys talking shit), he would have never have gone after Scarfo job or life. He knew you don't kill a Boss. Look at his father. I am to young to know him but my parents were his age and were from his nieghborhood. He was well liked by all. There is actually this unknown short paperback book called "Good Days of Us" that my mom gave to me that her Girlfriend gave to her. It was written by a lady named Rosina Rucci who was supposedly Testa's go to Girl. When he would break up or cheat or needed a friend...he would go to her. They grew up together. My mom said she never heard of her so doesn't know but she did know his main girlfriend growing up. But she said its an OK read...very quick...one day, two at most. I haven't read it yet as it doesn't sound real interesting and who knows how true but it does have some little stories you wouldn't know about Salvie my mom said. "GOOD DAYS OF US" - Rosina Rucci (if you want to check it out) It is only like 125 pages and has a few pictures of him. Maybe I will try to breeze through it real quick and give you all a little review.

Re: Scarfo content at #3 spot? [Re: mightyhealthy] #877946
03/10/16 09:21 PM
03/10/16 09:21 PM
BlueEyes Offline
Button
BlueEyes  Offline
Button
Originally Posted By: mightyhealthy
I agree with Serp. For all of Scarfo's faults, it seems he cared about the rules and traditions. Plus, Testa was his friend, wasn't he?

Didn't he whack off his Nephew or something? Or was it Testa's son, I don't remember but they made a huge deal about it in the documentary, how he could kill someone who was like a son to him. And friendship doesn't mean to much in that life.

''Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but then again the bible says to love thy enemy.'' - Frank Sinatra

''Oh, I just wish someone would try to hurt you so I could kill them for you.''
Re: Scarfo content at #3 spot? [Re: FrankMazola] #878013
03/11/16 12:30 PM
03/11/16 12:30 PM
CleanBandit Offline
Capo
CleanBandit  Offline
Capo
Scarfo killed Phil Testa's son, Salvatore Testa. As for the reason, it's been a long term subject on this forum, but the general opinion is Scarfo's jealousy of Salvie's rise.

Re: Scarfo content at #3 spot? [Re: spmob] #878105
03/12/16 02:11 AM
03/12/16 02:11 AM
n.e.philly
hoodlum Offline
Underboss
hoodlum  Offline
Underboss
n.e.philly
Originally Posted By: spmob
Sinatra ^^^^^ good post ... Salvie was not a known user , don't know who ever herd that.

But Serp,..no offense either..but Phil has said in an 60 min.interview that salvie was not dealing drugs..then right after, said (like he was talking 2 his uncle)"..what u wanna kill everybody?"....but u of all(most) posters would know any better or b more topic sensitive 2 this particular subject,& u never know what would b runnin thru those old scarfo guys minds,so i now don't know what 2 believe...

Salvie was NO Drug Dealer. He had more money than most of the guys out there and was smarter and had legal businesses as well. He might have backed some guys by loaning them money. And we all know that Scarfo was the one who started the Street Tax on Drug dealers. Basically thats all the same shit. I don't think Scarfo was ever truly against drugs. He just didn't want his guys directly involved in it just like every other boss has said the same thing because they don't want to do that Drug time. And Salvie basically ran the family while Scarfo was in the can. Most guys you talk to, who didn't have a direct beef with Salvie (like the Grandes), will tell you that he was the real deal. His dad taught him well and he used that and his experiences. Thats why it took them so long to whack him. Between guys not wanting to do it and him being to smart. I don't care what people say, Scarfo was jealous and used various excuses as to why he ordered the hit. He had to give a reason so guys didn't start turning against him. Look at Leonetti. If you believe him, he said that himself and others saw Scarfo going downhill and them not knowing who would be killed next. Even if Salvie and Nick's relationship started falling apart (mostly because of Scarfo, Merlino, Grande and other jealous guys talking shit), he would have never have gone after Scarfo job or life. He knew you don't kill a Boss. Look at his father. I am to young to know him but my parents were his age and were from his nieghborhood. He was well liked by all. There is actually this unknown short paperback book called "Good Days of Us" that my mom gave to me that her Girlfriend gave to her. It was written by a lady named Rosina Rucci who was supposedly Testa's go to Girl. When he would break up or cheat or needed a friend...he would go to her. They grew up together. My mom said she never heard of her so doesn't know but she did know his main girlfriend growing up. But she said its an OK read...very quick...one day, two at most. I haven't read it yet as it doesn't sound real interesting and who knows how true but it does have some little stories you wouldn't know about Salvie my mom said. "GOOD DAYS OF US" - Rosina Rucci (if you want to check it out) It is only like 125 pages and has a few pictures of him. Maybe I will try to breeze through it real quick and give you all a little review.
"6000 days of us"

Re: Scarfo content at #3 spot? [Re: hoodlum] #878106
03/12/16 02:13 AM
03/12/16 02:13 AM
n.e.philly
hoodlum Offline
Underboss
hoodlum  Offline
Underboss
n.e.philly
Originally Posted By: spmob

"6000 days of us"
I already discussed that book in the books forum...

Re: Scarfo content at #3 spot? [Re: FrankMazola] #878162
03/12/16 06:10 PM
03/12/16 06:10 PM
spmob Offline
Underboss
spmob  Offline
Underboss
Sorry buddy I don't go in there often and bArely on forum at all anymore. Im not a mind readder and I brought it up cause I was speaking on salvie and didn't read it yet n it came to mind. No ones trying to steal your thunder lol. You know how many topic have been discussed at nauseum on here. Im hoping that you are just suggesting i check out your review of the book...cause I also didn't get the 6000 days of us comment either.

Re: Scarfo content at #3 spot? [Re: SinatraClub] #878179
03/12/16 07:27 PM
03/12/16 07:27 PM
B
Blackjack2121 Offline
Underboss
Blackjack2121  Offline
B
Underboss

Really going to have to disagree with you on Nicky Jr.

Never acted like a tough guy or threw his weight around? You must be kidding.

I think it was Serp or another Philly guy I saw several stories from about the guy throwing his weight around because Daddy was the boss.

He was arrested for assault a few times also. Once on a bar owner of a bar he got kicked out of or something like that...then there was that incident he assaulted a female at the hospital after his brother hung himself

Re: Scarfo content at #3 spot? [Re: FrankMazola] #878182
03/12/16 08:06 PM
03/12/16 08:06 PM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
I've never seen any articles which referred to him as such. I don't know personal stories from others, as I wouldn't know either way. I was referring to articles written about the Scarfo family, said articles accuse Mark of being the one who threw around his families mob ties for his benefit. And it's been said on this forum that supposedly he was on edge after visiting his brother, Mark and that she pulled a knife on him, I don't know the full story on the matter. One of those assault incidents was after he and Tommy Scafidi beat Marty Angelina with baseball bats for refusing to associate with the Merlino's, Angelina is another mobster, I wouldn't really refer to him as an innocent. There was another situation of a brawl in an Atlantic City casino, but without knowing the details of that incident, which I don't know if they were ever shared or not, there's no way to tell if he was acting like a "tough guy" in that situation either.

But in his adult life, there aren't many stories of the such, Fresolone cites stories of Scarfo Jr mostly following the orders of his father from prison, before finally realizing that the Philly Mob needed an actual boss on the street in order for them to maintain their place in the world of Organized Crime. Leonetti also cites that Scarfo Jr mostly wanted to be left alone, still in contact with his father, but focusing on doing his business when left to his own devices.

Re: Scarfo content at #3 spot? [Re: FrankMazola] #878184
03/12/16 09:16 PM
03/12/16 09:16 PM
B
Blackjack2121 Offline
Underboss
Blackjack2121  Offline
B
Underboss
When he got older he seemed to have calmed down...

but in his younger years when his dad was running the philly mob before he got transferred he was alleged to be a real prick throwing around the my dad i the boss card

Re: Scarfo content at #3 spot? [Re: FrankMazola] #878185
03/12/16 09:45 PM
03/12/16 09:45 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
The father was a Boss !! The kid acted out a little compared to what he could have done.

The same with Chris and Phil , they would hope shit would never get big enough so the old man did not hear so they did not have to act out.

When stuff did reach the old mans ear the shit hit the fan , and yes there were a couple times that stupid shit went to far .
That was mostly due to who was around that herd about what happened and then the guys could not back down , had to look tough !!!

None of the boys were excessive with messing with people.

Now don't get me wrong if you pushed back they would shoot you !!! But that was after the boss found out and felt that his guys (family) were disrespected .

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull