GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Jimmy_Two_Times, Capri), 94 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,095
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,355
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,487
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,216
Posts1,056,191
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
The Philly Mob After Merlino #876172
02/21/16 08:28 AM
02/21/16 08:28 AM
Gotti Offline OP
Button
Gotti  Offline OP
Button
If there are some people on here that know a lot about the Philly mob could you possibly answer this question for me. What exactly happened in the late 90s when Merlino went to prison, was it automatic that Ligambi became acting boss or what was going on from then until Merlino's release. Acting bosses? Ruling panel? Do you think it was even organised or just different factions.

Makes you think. Makes you think about the people in your life. And when I think, I think of Neil. If he were here now what would he say? He would say "John what's it about? What's life about... if you dont go through it as a man's man?". He'd say "Suck it up, take the fall do the time. That made you what you are. That makes you what you are. How long have we been around this thing of ours? This Cosa Nostra? 120 years. What's it about? It's about the rules, perimeters. You take the beating for a friend, you don't run, you don't lay down, you don't betray who you are. What you are.
Re: The Philly Mob After Merlino [Re: Gotti] #876177
02/21/16 09:19 AM
02/21/16 09:19 AM
The Jersey Shore
D
DanteMoltisanti Offline
Underboss
DanteMoltisanti  Offline
D
Underboss
The Jersey Shore
Here is a good article I've previously posted from 1999:

1999 Philly Mob Article

Re: The Philly Mob After Merlino [Re: Gotti] #876194
02/21/16 03:06 PM
02/21/16 03:06 PM
K
Kash Offline
Made Member
Kash  Offline
K
Made Member
That article is pretty interesting. No pedigree and little experience and he's arguably been the best leader since Bruno and now widely respected.

Re: The Philly Mob After Merlino [Re: Kash] #876199
02/21/16 04:04 PM
02/21/16 04:04 PM
G
gangstereport Offline
Underboss
gangstereport  Offline
G
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Kash
That article is pretty interesting. No pedigree and little experience and he's arguably been the best leader since Bruno and now widely respected.

at first he did not have much respect. Peter "the crumb" Caprio north jersey capo he plotted to kill ligambi, steve mazzone and geogre borgesi in 1999 all at once he was going to lure them to a pretend meeting then kill them all. He had the genovese and gambino familys backing him to take over the family in return for them backing him he was going to allow the genovese family to set up poker machine operations in philly

plot never went through one of his guys casale (convicted pedophile) was wearing a wire. Pete Caprio then flipped.

But it shows new york and alot of guys on the street did not respect or recognize ligambi at the beginning

Not connected with scott or anyone at gangsterreport

Sorry for the confusion
Re: The Philly Mob After Merlino [Re: Gotti] #876204
02/21/16 05:41 PM
02/21/16 05:41 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
All the families were under the eyes of the Feds from 88 give or take . There were a few NY guys looking to take rackets.

Not only rackets there was and still is scores to settle. The ones people know about of course are on wiretap and or bugs. But there were and may well be more just waiting for the right guys or time to build a little power base.

The things that were done to some of these guys that are now the elders are no way forgotten .

They are fully aware of the Feds and the Technology they have and most of these guys have done a long stint in the joint and may be setting it up as we speak .

You never know maybe they tell them to get out of town and retire like the Chin did , only time will tell ,
But from what I have lived no way these guys eat crow , I think they are just getting started.

I know it's been quiet , and I know everyone said it would not have been.
But knowing these guys and there families I just can not believe they are going to have this shoved down there throat .

Especially the two guys that have been at the top were gophers when these guys were making moves.

Last edited by Serpiente; 02/21/16 07:43 PM.

Cackling like a banty Rooster.

I love this," "I just love this."
Re: The Philly Mob After Merlino [Re: Gotti] #876231
02/21/16 11:09 PM
02/21/16 11:09 PM
C
Chicken713 Offline
Made Member
Chicken713  Offline
C
Made Member
Damn Ligambi. That article gave me a whole new perspective on how that man is. Especially since I don't have much knowledge with philly.

Re: The Philly Mob After Merlino [Re: Serpiente] #876238
02/22/16 01:50 AM
02/22/16 01:50 AM
n.e.philly
hoodlum Offline
Underboss
hoodlum  Offline
Underboss
n.e.philly
Originally Posted By: Serpiente
All the families were under the eyes of the Feds from 88 give or take . There were a few NY guys looking to take rackets.

Not only rackets there was and still is scores to settle. The ones people know about of course are on wiretap and or bugs. But there were and may well be more just waiting for the right guys or time to build a little power base.

The things that were done to some of these guys that are now the elders are no way forgotten .

They are fully aware of the Feds and the Technology they have and most of these guys have done a long stint in the joint and may be setting it up as we speak .

You never know maybe they tell them to get out of town and retire like the Chin did , only time will tell ,
But from what I have lived no way these guys eat crow , I think they are just getting started.

But knowing these guys and there families I just can not believe they are going to have this shoved down there throat .

Especially the two guys that have been at the top were gophers when these guys were making moves.
1rst of all, U as a friend are saying 2 much..Serp ,control ur self ..I know it's hard when u know 2 much..I love ur shit ...but..shhhh....never them know what ur REALLY thinking..

I didn't want to leave blood on your carpet...
Re: The Philly Mob After Merlino [Re: hoodlum] #876239
02/22/16 01:54 AM
02/22/16 01:54 AM
n.e.philly
hoodlum Offline
Underboss
hoodlum  Offline
Underboss
n.e.philly
Originally Posted By: hoodlum
Originally Posted By: Serpiente

1rst of all, U as a friend are saying 2 much..Serp ,control ur self ..I know it's hard when u know 2 much..I love ur shit ...but..shhhh....never them know what ur REALLY thinking..
NEVER LET THEM KNOW

I didn't want to leave blood on your carpet...
Re: The Philly Mob After Merlino [Re: Gotti] #876244
02/22/16 02:08 AM
02/22/16 02:08 AM
spmob Offline
Underboss
spmob  Offline
Underboss
Merlino didn't go away till late 90s, basically 2000. I know the official sentencing was like 99 or something but I don't feel like looking it up. But MMerlino put Uncle Joe in that acting boss position. Really,besides lance there werent many good choices but he knew scarf guys be getting out and UNCLE joes main people were still out so he was able to create a nice click. Probably his best decision cause he stabilized the Philly mob. Plus he had that street cred with flowers hit and he been around n is smart. I think if not boss or acting boss news best served as a consig cause he kinda wants to be retired anyway. Hioefully now that ranks are filled they can get people to keep their mouths shut and hopefully some of the smarter guys in the different factions can to get into more lucrative rackets instead of fighting over same shot. Kind of interesting to see what will happen with so many people getting off the books and some are stone cold

Re: The Philly Mob After Merlino [Re: spmob] #876264
02/22/16 11:00 AM
02/22/16 11:00 AM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
I get it spmob but the people that I knew and herd about back in the day would never go for what's going on with the people that are at the top of the chart.

Maybe everyone is right there is nothing left of any of them !!

Last edited by Serpiente; 02/22/16 11:02 AM.

Cackling like a banty Rooster.

I love this," "I just love this."
Re: The Philly Mob After Merlino [Re: Gotti] #876402
02/23/16 08:48 PM
02/23/16 08:48 PM
NJ
F
FrankMazola Offline
Underboss
FrankMazola  Offline
F
Underboss
NJ
Uncle Joe is pound for pound the best boss post 1980's. George A has it right, make money not headlines. I've always said that being #1 (or 2 based on who you ask) in this 21st century climate is 3x tougher than being top spot pre Rico. You have to hand it to him... He brought an LCN family back from near extinction to arguably comparable to the weaker NYC families. No unions? Philly group sure doesn't seem to give a flying fuck. If you're rooting for the bad guys, Philly is the spot to watch now. Forget Scarfo's 100k Rolls Royce... Let's stay out of jail and settle for a Lincoln instead. As long as they keep the murders out of it.. K sir'a sir'a to you.

F. Mazola, Esq.
Re: The Philly Mob After Merlino [Re: FrankMazola] #876404
02/23/16 08:55 PM
02/23/16 08:55 PM
BillyBrizzi Offline
Underboss
BillyBrizzi  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: FrankMazola
He brought an LCN family back from near extinction to arguably comparable to the weaker NYC families.

Ligambi did an amazing job in bringing them back from the dead, but in all honesty they are in no way, shape or form comparable to any of the NY families.
The 'weakest' one, let's say the Colombos, have around a 100 made men and up to 500 associates. Philly doesn't even have half those numbers..

FORTIS FORTUNA IUVAT
Re: The Philly Mob After Merlino [Re: BillyBrizzi] #876420
02/23/16 11:24 PM
02/23/16 11:24 PM
Philly Burbs
mikeyballs211 Offline
acting associate
mikeyballs211  Offline
acting associate
Underboss
Philly Burbs
Originally Posted By: BillyBrizzi
Originally Posted By: FrankMazola
He brought an LCN family back from near extinction to arguably comparable to the weaker NYC families.

Ligambi did an amazing job in bringing them back from the dead, but in all honesty they are in no way, shape or form comparable to any of the NY families.
The 'weakest' one, let's say the Colombos, have around a 100 made men and up to 500 associates. Philly doesn't even have half those numbers..

Spot on Billy I completely agree

Side note i was in Grays Ferry the other day by the old Warfield Cafe where they attempted hit on Joey Chang went down and was captured on tape.. Thats a ballsy spot lotta traffic from 76 bein right there and its like 3 blocks from the VA .. Altho I believe the hit took place at like 5 am

"No, no, you aint alrite Spyder you got alotta fuckin problems"

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull