GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Scalish, 1 invisible), 113 guests, and 9 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,094
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,352
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,485
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,213
Posts1,056,162
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Montreal Chart #875397
02/13/16 09:35 PM
02/13/16 09:35 PM
Balkans
Strax Offline OP
Underboss
Strax  Offline OP
Underboss
Balkans

Credits go to Hollander for posting it on another board.

"A fish with his mouth closed never get's caught"
Re: Montreal Chart [Re: Strax] #875404
02/13/16 11:35 PM
02/13/16 11:35 PM
C
cdn_wiseguy Offline
Button
cdn_wiseguy  Offline
C
Button
The title of the chart is "project colisee". It's interesting that they have De Vito and Sucapane in this group. Was it after the colisee arrests that De Vito broke away to form his own group? I thought he left around 2004 when the Rizzuto's had Paulo Gervasi killed (he was De Vito's mentor. It's been noted that he stopped paying tribute to the Rizzuto group at that time.

Re: Montreal Chart [Re: Strax] #875431
02/14/16 11:29 AM
02/14/16 11:29 AM
U
Uncle_June Offline
Associate
Uncle_June  Offline
U
Associate
Long time reader, first time poster.
This was supposedly Frank Arcadi's street muscle crew at the time of Colisee. Although Gervais was De Vito's mentor, it has recently been reported that De Vito was the one who killed Gervasi, on orders from the Rizzuto's. De Vito continued kicking up to the Rizzuto's right up until the Colisee arrests, as he was caught on camera in the back room of the Cosenza several times by the RCMP. De Vito's hatred for the Rizzuto's mostly came from the fact that he was implicated in Colisee because the Rizzuto's were sloopy enough to allow the back room of their headquarters to be bugged by the cops; the same place where he was required to drop off his kickbacks to the upper echelon. Because of this he had to go on the lam, and during this time his wife murdered their two daughters. This he also blamed on the Rizzutos. I also assume that it's possible he held some resentment towards the Rizzuto's for making him whack his former boss.

Last edited by Uncle_June; 02/14/16 01:58 PM.
Re: Montreal Chart [Re: Strax] #875445
02/14/16 02:49 PM
02/14/16 02:49 PM
BlueEyes Offline
Button
BlueEyes  Offline
Button
I think Canada in most recent years have more of a Chicago-type Syndicate than a traditional LCN family, considering how many french-guys they have beneath them.

''Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but then again the bible says to love thy enemy.'' - Frank Sinatra

''Oh, I just wish someone would try to hurt you so I could kill them for you.''
Re: Montreal Chart [Re: BlueEyes] #875461
02/14/16 05:31 PM
02/14/16 05:31 PM
K
kingoflittlenewyork Offline
Capo
kingoflittlenewyork  Offline
K
Capo
Originally Posted By: BlueEyes
I think Canada in most recent years have more of a Chicago-type Syndicate than a traditional LCN family, considering how many french-guys they have beneath them.

Good point!!!!! Just because there is a concentration of Italians everyone believes there must be a mafia family and there must be a boss. Crime is cut throat and people who have only read about it or watched movies will never understand nits every man for himself. The govt(and us) can put together all the charts they want but its not that clear cut. Especially in the times we live it. Crime is not based on "mafia golden age" New York no matter how bad we all want it to be.

Most the Canada guys are drug traffickers so I'm sure a lot of them work together but who's who and what's what most likely. changes from deal to deal.

Re: Montreal Chart [Re: kingoflittlenewyork] #875512
02/15/16 04:59 AM
02/15/16 04:59 AM
Chicago
C
CabriniGreen Offline
Underboss
CabriniGreen  Offline
C
Underboss
Chicago
@ kingoflittlenewyork

Jesus Christ, I think you are my new favorite poster,COMMON SENSE LIVES !! Lol

Re: Montreal Chart [Re: Strax] #875517
02/15/16 06:06 AM
02/15/16 06:06 AM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Offline
furio_from_naples  Offline

naples,italy
Rizzuto family is like old time mafia family where the boss role go to father to son and are many marriage between members parents to create blood ties. Beyond this there are more non italians that are more powerful that are considerated to the same level of a capos. So there are a core group of sicilians or italo-canadians and an another core of canadians. Joe Bravo that was killed in Sicily sincerly believed that was made.

IMO Leonardo Rizzuto rules on what remains of the family.

Re: Montreal Chart [Re: Strax] #875521
02/15/16 09:55 AM
02/15/16 09:55 AM
K
Capo
K
Capo
If he is, being that he has a law degree, he is flt retarded. And I'm not saying there is no mafia, but the Godfather idea of it that most mainstream people think of it as is way overblown.

Re: Montreal Chart [Re: kingoflittlenewyork] #875533
02/15/16 12:21 PM
02/15/16 12:21 PM
C
cdn_wiseguy Offline
Button
cdn_wiseguy  Offline
C
Button
I agree King, He would be making a good living as a lawyer. Why trade that in, especially with the way things have been in Montreal. He'd have to be constantly looking over his shoulder.

As for the "godfather" idea. That idea may be overblown in many cases, but Montreal was as close to that idea as possible under Vito Rizzuto. In my estimation, there were several clans and they all ultimately answered to Vito. I agree that due to the drug trade being a big part of earnings that individuals in those clans worked with other individuals from other clans. So there was a lot of overlap. But Vito was no doubt the man. Now that he is gone, I think the situation is up in the air and won't settle until we see how things play out with 1. Arcadi/Del Baso/Giordano and 2. the case against sollecito/Leonardo rizzuto.

Re: Montreal Chart [Re: Strax] #875534
02/15/16 12:39 PM
02/15/16 12:39 PM
K
Capo
K
Capo
Get no arguement out of me over Vito. But Vito is dead. And when he was alive everyone around him was being killed. Leads me to believe that dynasty is over. Just because you have a last name it doesn't make you a boss. If someone has background of Leo's reputation other than a current case I'm happy to listen.

Re: Montreal Chart [Re: Strax] #875536
02/15/16 12:47 PM
02/15/16 12:47 PM
K
Capo
K
Capo
Once again I'm not arguing that there is no Italian influenced mafia crime, its just not as clear cut as that. Crime is much bigger than the mafia and always has been. Take the French Connection for example, the mafia was part of it but they didn't control the whole conspiracy.

Re: Montreal Chart [Re: kingoflittlenewyork] #875537
02/15/16 01:06 PM
02/15/16 01:06 PM
naples,italy

naples,italy
Originally Posted By: kingoflittlenewyork
If he is, being that he has a law degree, he is flt retarded. And I'm not saying there is no mafia, but the Godfather idea of it that most mainstream people think of it as is way overblown.

http://www.agrigentonotizie.it/cronaca/m...ca-eraclea.html

Leonardo Rizzuto is not Tom Hagen and was charged of criminal association and illegal detection of drug (coke) and weapons (a walther cal 40 and a browing cal 6,35).

Re: Montreal Chart [Re: Strax] #875541
02/15/16 01:23 PM
02/15/16 01:23 PM
K
Capo
K
Capo
So what is your opinion if he beats the case? Is he charged because he is the nextt in line? Or is he just that good of a gangster? I've been charged with a few things i didn't do, innocent before proven guilty means something to me. They could build a conspiracy case just off of this forum if they wanted to!

Re: Montreal Chart [Re: Strax] #875543
02/15/16 01:28 PM
02/15/16 01:28 PM
K
Capo
K
Capo
I know how it is over hereso let me say I'm not trying to start trouble, just discussion. That's the purpose of the board:discussion .

Re: Montreal Chart [Re: Strax] #875544
02/15/16 01:29 PM
02/15/16 01:29 PM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
There is no if he is. Leonardo & Stefano Sollecito were confirmed in operation MASTIF & MAGOT to be the co-bosses of the Montreal Mafia. Thats FACT, not speculation. The chart at the top is from Project Colisee, the De Vito thing, has been recently thrown into question after a documentary revealed, that he was the triggerman in the Gervasi hit.

Re: Montreal Chart [Re: Strax] #875545
02/15/16 01:32 PM
02/15/16 01:32 PM
naples,italy

naples,italy
Was charged because is not the next in title for sure is a part of the conspiracy and fucked up the rizzuto son means something for the canadian police. They want to distroy the rizzuto and what they rappresent,not for nothing are called the Sixth Family.

Re: Montreal Chart [Re: Strax] #875547
02/15/16 01:40 PM
02/15/16 01:40 PM
K
Capo
K
Capo
So what if he beats the case? I admit its very unlikely but would that change your mind about your use of the word fact? I for you don't let people spoon feed me facts, especially govt and police.

Re: Montreal Chart [Re: Strax] #875548
02/15/16 01:42 PM
02/15/16 01:42 PM
K
Capo
K
Capo
So what if he beats the case? I admit its very unlikely but would that change your mind about your use of the word fact? I for you don't let people spoon feed me facts, especially govt and police. By that thinking they are in charge of naming the boss and not the actual members.

Re: Montreal Chart [Re: Strax] #875549
02/15/16 01:46 PM
02/15/16 01:46 PM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
@ King,do you supposed joint Canadian crime forces just pulled this case out of their ass? The case is based on wiretaps from Lloris Cavalieres law offices in which Leonardo & Stefano were captured on tape plotting crimes and drug pipelines with Hells Angel and Street Gang leader Gregory Woolery, as well as Salvatore Cazzetta. Not only that but Leonardo & Stefano were captured multiple times by news outlets meeting with known criminals at various Rizzuto backed cafes, which they use as modern day social clubs.

He wouldnt be the first lawyer turned mob boss. There's also Frank DeSimone of LA Family. And some of those Detroit guys had law degrees before following their fathers into the business.

The French factor, has always been there, going back as far as Cotroni, who also had French gangsters working within the family. But there is a definite hierarchy, and it's mostly Italian, and is shifting back to the Calabrians from the Sicilians. Sollecito & Rizzuto are in prison now and authorities are afraid to let them out, not just because they're criminals, but because there are death threats from within the Montreal Mafia. And odds are its coming from Arcadi and his camp.

Lol, are you serious? So what if he beats the case? Then he just beats the case, it doesn't prove anything either way. John Gotti beat two cases, he wasn't a boss of a crime family? Vito Rizzuto himself beat multiple criminal cases in Canada. 20 wiseguys in NJ beat their case, they weren't members of criminal organizations? This reasoning is retarded.

Last edited by SinatraClub; 02/15/16 01:49 PM.
Re: Montreal Chart [Re: Strax] #875556
02/15/16 02:14 PM
02/15/16 02:14 PM
K
Capo
K
Capo
Im not saying that but i will say this...Ok they can prove the setup of drug shipments and other crimes, they believe both men are under threat of death, and they can prove association with other criminals. But to call the entire thing the Montreal mafia and name these two men as bosses of the entire thing is outlandish. Are you going to pay tribute to a man you are planning to kill? No doubt there are alot of Italian criminals in many different factions(gangs), so to name it all the Montreal mafia and say one or two people run the whole thing is what gets me.

Not arguing that the people are criminals. Or not trying to at least. Or that they are members of organizations. I just believe they shouldnt be all grouped together the way that they are.

Re: Montreal Chart [Re: kingoflittlenewyork] #875561
02/15/16 03:35 PM
02/15/16 03:35 PM
C
cdn_wiseguy Offline
Button
cdn_wiseguy  Offline
C
Button
King, I have to go with Sinatra on this.

I'm not sure why you say "But to call the entire thing Montreal Mafia and name these two men as bosses is outlandish". The fact is that the state of leadership is not solid in it's current situation, but the whole thing is Montreal mafia. We all know the Rizzuto's ran it for 30 years. When Vito went away, it was run by a small group (nick sr, renda, sollecito, arcadi), after colisee when all the top guys were in jail there was a leadership void,which led to a leadership power struggle between Desjardins and Montagna. Both sides lost a lot of men to jail or death. That leaves things with another leadership void for Rizzuto's clan to regain control when Vito gets out and he leaves it to Stefano Sollecito and Leonardo Rizzuto after his death. Point being that with so many changes, of course these two don't have the power or respect that Vito had, but I believe they were the top guys at the time of their arrest and yes the entire thing is the Montreal mafia.

Here's my question... As of today, as I mentioned in an earlier post there is another void with the arrests of Sollecito/Rizzuto. Arcadi group all out of jail recently or being released will make things interesting. I think Arcadi holds the balance of power. Will he try to take over and run things on his own? or does he work with Rizzuto/Sollecito group or work with some of the remnants of the groups that opposed the Rizzuto's during the coup?

Things to consider
1. He's worked closely in a group with Leonardo's father and Stefano's father in the past. Maybe he agrees to continue that relationship?
2. Arcadi has a lot of muscle to try and go on his own.
3. They will all still be under tight watch and on parole, which will make it hard to go on his own.
4. He wasn't well liked and caused a lot of friction with street gangs and other mafia when he was part of the leadership committee (after Vito arrest and before colisee), which will make it hard to go on his own.
5. There were reports that he may have connections with Ontario groups, which may lead him to decide to go on his own.

Last edited by cdn_wiseguy; 02/15/16 03:40 PM.
Re: Montreal Chart [Re: kingoflittlenewyork] #875571
02/15/16 06:29 PM
02/15/16 06:29 PM
Alabama
D
dixiemafia Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
dixiemafia  Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
D
Underboss
Alabama
And when he was alive everyone around him was being killed.

ONLY when he went away did that happen. They wouldn't have dared to pull that move if he wasn't in an American prison at the time. Vito showed his power when he got out and Di Maulo was dead in about a month and it continued from there.

As for Arcadi I would say he is in the best position to try a takeover, but I haven't seen anything yet that shows him "out of favor" with the Rizzuto faction. With him being in a halfway house for 3 years and under restriction that long, I'm not sure he can afford to pull a move. He can't even meet with Del Balso and Giordano for another 3 years, but I admit I don't know the Canadian laws that well.

Re: Montreal Chart [Re: kingoflittlenewyork] #875582
02/15/16 09:06 PM
02/15/16 09:06 PM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
Im not saying that but i will say this...Ok they can prove the setup of drug shipments and other crimes, they believe both men are under threat of death, and they can prove association with other criminals. But to call the entire thing the Montreal mafia and name these two men as bosses of the entire thing is outlandish. Are you going to pay tribute to a man you are planning to kill? No doubt there are alot of Italian criminals in many different factions(gangs), so to name it all the Montreal mafia and say one or two people run the whole thing is what gets me.

Not arguing that the people are criminals. Or not trying to at least. Or that they are members of organizations. I just believe they shouldnt be all grouped together the way that they are.

Because IT IS the Montreal Mafia. And it has been since at least the 60's when Carmine Galante went to Montreal and made Vic Cotroni, Luigi Greco & Paolo Violi his front men to rule over the decina in his absence. They started as a Montreal outpost for the Bonannos. Once Nick Sr took over, and Vito and the old guard was killed off, that Bonanno banner became less and less important, and they became a stand alone Criminal organization, which was defined as Mafia. Many of the Sicilian members were already members of Sicilian Mafia Families in Italy, you can trace this going back decades. Many of the members then were related by blood or through marriage to lessen the odds of ratting, and throughout the 80's up to now, those offspring continued in the family business, so to speak. Leonardo & Stefano are merely two of those offspring, but they hold the most rank because of their positioning, which can either be due simply to their last names or whatever else. I will say this, reports surfaced which claimed that while they were definitely recognized as bosses, many in the family weren't satisfied with Leonardo's and Stefanos leadership, and they're definitely not their fathers. But they're bosses of a crime family no less. There is Mafia in Montreal, just like there's 'Ndrangheta clans in Ontario and Toronto.

And again, John Gotti, Sammy The Bull, and those other guys all kicked up to Castellano until they killed him. So, I'm not understanding your logic here.

Last edited by SinatraClub; 02/15/16 09:09 PM.
Re: Montreal Chart [Re: furio_from_naples] #875636
02/16/16 12:22 PM
02/16/16 12:22 PM
BlueEyes Offline
Button
BlueEyes  Offline
Button
Originally Posted By: furio_from_naples
Rizzuto family is like old time mafia family where the boss role go to father to son and are many marriage between members parents to create blood ties. Beyond this there are more non italians that are more powerful that are considerated to the same level of a capos. So there are a core group of sicilians or italo-canadians and an another core of canadians. Joe Bravo that was killed in Sicily sincerly believed that was made.

IMO Leonardo Rizzuto rules on what remains of the family.

What ''old school'' mafia family are you referring to? I have never heard of a son taking over his father's role as boss over a Mob family, except from the Persicos. You can't be referring to the Godfather I hope? I dunno how things work with the Italian LCN/Camorra and so on, but America has always been different.

''Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but then again the bible says to love thy enemy.'' - Frank Sinatra

Re: Montreal Chart [Re: kingoflittlenewyork] #875637
02/16/16 12:23 PM
02/16/16 12:23 PM
BlueEyes Offline
Button
BlueEyes  Offline
Button

I agree with you

Re: Montreal Chart [Re: Strax] #875656
02/16/16 02:02 PM
02/16/16 02:02 PM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
Keep in mind Montreal isn't America..And the Rizzutos were always more comparable and associated more with Sicilian Mafia Families than US La Cosa Nostra families. Theres no disputing Leonardo Rizzuto is one of the bosses of the Montreal Mafia. And you've never heard of a son taking over the fathers role of boss in an American Family? You've never heard of John And Junior Gotti then? Or Joe and Bill Bonanno? Or the Toccos and Zerillis of Detroit?

Re: Montreal Chart [Re: Strax] #875662
02/16/16 02:40 PM
02/16/16 02:40 PM
K
Capo
K
Capo
Those are exceptions not the rule. Don't think you could call Bill a boss. Leo is a powerful Italian gangster, no doubt. But if he is the boss of an entire city why is he on a wire talking about drugs shipments? Shouldn't he be sitting back living off tribute from this entire city he runs?

I just have a problem with the blanket term of mafia. Its like there is no such thing as a simple criminal with an Italian name, there is only the mafia. It is way over simplified then the way things actually are in real life. There is a big difference between a chart, a forum, or a book and the way crime is. most of you will never understand that.

Last edited by kingoflittlenewyork; 02/16/16 02:48 PM.
Re: Montreal Chart [Re: Strax] #875664
02/16/16 02:46 PM
02/16/16 02:46 PM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
This is a ridiculous discussion.

The mafia exists in Montreal. Leonardo Rizzuto is considered a high ranking member.

To deny either is simply argumentative.

MORGAN: Why didn't you fight him at the park if you wanted to? I'm not goin' now, I'm eatin' my snack.
CHUCKIE: Morgan, Let's go.
MORGAN: I'm serious Chuckie, I ain't goin'.
WILL: So don't go.
Re: Montreal Chart [Re: Strax] #875665
02/16/16 02:55 PM
02/16/16 02:55 PM
K
Capo
K
Capo
I'm not denying that there is an Italian criminal element in the town whatsoever.

I guess i need to change my thinking, I guess Leo runs the whole town and every sinle criminal there it is an underling of his mafia family.

Re: Montreal Chart [Re: Strax] #875680
02/16/16 03:51 PM
02/16/16 03:51 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
A recent article on De Vito states that he was ordered to kill Gervasi but doesn't specify whether he was the one who ultimately pulled the trigger. There were a few failed attempts on Gervasi over a period of several years until he was killed. I wonder why it took them so long.

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull