GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 95 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,406
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,805
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,505
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,298
Posts1,058,130
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 14 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 13 14
Re: Philly Mob in 2016 [Re: DanteMoltisanti] #876116
02/20/16 10:31 AM
02/20/16 10:31 AM
PA
I
Itiswhatitis Offline
Made Member
Itiswhatitis  Offline
I
Made Member
PA
I think in AmericanCrime's own way he was contributing......mentioning some known/ unknown hangout spots, etc

Re: Philly Mob in 2016 [Re: DanteMoltisanti] #876119
02/20/16 11:43 AM
02/20/16 11:43 AM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
uh-huh.

MORGAN: Why didn't you fight him at the park if you wanted to? I'm not goin' now, I'm eatin' my snack.
CHUCKIE: Morgan, Let's go.
MORGAN: I'm serious Chuckie, I ain't goin'.
WILL: So don't go.
Re: Philly Mob in 2016 [Re: mikeyballs211] #876121
02/20/16 12:05 PM
02/20/16 12:05 PM
C
cookcounty Offline
Underboss
cookcounty  Offline
C
Underboss
Originally Posted By: mikeyballs211
Originally Posted By: gangstereport
Originally Posted By: Blackjack2121
Originally Posted By: CabriniGreen
Who did the Gambinos meet with? Them being, who exactly? Merlino, or Ligambi? Or someone else?

[b]Probably the same group of people that were caught on tape with Stefanelli

If that is true they have met multiple times, they must have some joint real estate rackets or something else going on

It seems they answer to the Gambinos rather than the Genovese like they used to.,I wonder when that changed

i am not sure i think that meeting was really about the philly mob asking for help because the lucheses were moving in on terriorty and they also discussed the decavancte family

Then again the whole gambino administration was there look at this old gangland article[/b]

Gambino capo Alphonse Trucchio will soon be hit with as many as 10 years behind bars for drug dealing. He’ll have a lot of time to reflect on the good old days, and to think even harder about those who helped put an end to them.

One moment will be easy to remember, providing the Bureau of Prisons allows him to bring this picture with him into stir. As you can see, it’s from 2009 when Trucchio – a second generation wiseguy – threw a Christmas party for his crew.

That’s Trucchio, five big guys from the left, in the gray suit with his left hand on the shoulder of the smiling mob associate crouching beside the cocktail table filled with what look like choice beverages. The guy on the far left of the snowflake-laden card, the one still waiting for the holiday spirit to strike, is Trucchio’s right-hand-man, soldier Michael (Roc) Roccaforte.

Trucchio had good reason to smile. The young mobster had recently been promoted to capo. This made him the head of the Queens-based moneymaking crew once led by his imprisoned-for-life father, Ronald, a contemporary of late mafia boss John Gotti.

But the widest grin seems to be on the shortest man in the group. He’s standing two over from Roccaforte, the only one toasting the occasion with a drink in his hand. That’s mob associate Howard Santos and he’s got a secret reason to smile: He was wearing a wire for the FBI that day. The secrets he recorded helped launch the Mafia Takedown Day arrest of Trucchio, Roccaforte and 19 others on racketeering and drug trafficking charges.

Another moment for the capo to remember came a few months later, when Trucchio took part in a rare mob summit meeting with the boss of the Philadelphia crime family.

The May 2010 sitdown, Gang Land has learned, took place in an undisclosed New Jersey restaurant. The meeting between leaders of the two crime families included wiseguy John Gambino, a key member of a ruling panel that was running the Gambino family at the time, according to recently filed court papers.

Roccaforte, whose own plea deal calls for the same 121 months maximum as Trucchio, also attended the conference.

At the session, Philly mob boss Joseph (Uncle Joe) Ligambi and his top aides sought help in resolving ongoing issues they had with the Luchese family and with the so-called real Sopranos, the Newark based DeCavalcante clan that has been viewed as subservient to the Gambinos since the heyday of the late Dapper Don.

The reason we can report this is because the conversation was taped by another turncoat wiseguy, Nicholas (Nicky Skins) Stefanelli, the Gambino soldier who began cooperating with the FBI when he and his son were nabbed for drug dealing. Stefanelli’s stint as an informant ended with a bang, as Gang Land reported three months ago: Just days before the feds were to end the undercover aspect of his work and prepare him to testify against mobsters and associates from eight Mafia families in six states, Nicky Skins shot and killed the informer who gave him up to the FBI, and then committed suicide.

But his tapes live on, and the one he recorded on May 19, 2010 should become a Gang Land classic. On it, Gambino, an aging Sicilian-born cousin of family patriarch Carlo Gambino, and Philadelphia capo Joseph (Scoops) Licata, and the then-33-year-old Trucchio are heard commiserating about the inroads the feds have made against them in recent years, and some of the things they should do to avoid their own returns to the big house.

“We still got to stay with the old rules,” said Licata, 70. “If you don’t know the families, the grandmothers, the grandfathers, forget it….If you don’t know them a lifetime, or somebody good recommends, there ain’t nothing you can do.”

The 71-year-old Gambino agreed, and stressed the need to be very careful about who gets inducted into the family. “The only way to survive: You need quality, not quantity,” he said.

“Guys made it about money,” chimed in Philly wiseguy Louis (Big Lou) Fazzini, 45. “It’s not about money, it’s about brotherhood,” he said.

“Money clouds people’s judgment,” agreed Trucchio, who allegedly made millions of dollars heading up drug dealing scams over the past decade and has agreed to forfeit $100,000 as part of his plea deal. “That’s what gets people locked up,” he added.

“The green-eyed monster,” noted Licata, according to the papers filed last week by Philadelphia prosecutors in a successful effort to detain the two mobsters as dangers to the community.

“During the meeting,” prosecutors wrote in recently filed court papers, “Licata bragged that he was incarcerated with a former boss of the Gambino family and predicted to members of the Luchese and Genovese families that he would become a rat,” an apparent reference to John (Junior) Gotti. Licata and the former acting Gambino boss, who stymied four federal juries by admitting his wiseguy status but insisting that he had quit the mob, were inmates at Ray Brook federal prison in upstate New York from 1999 to 2003.

Licata also wondered aloud about the fate of John Gambino and the other members of the three-capo panel that was running the family when “the old leaders,” namely Joseph (Jo Jo) Corozzo, his brother Nicholas (Little Nick) Corozzo and Little Nick’s longtime partner-in-crime, Leonard DiMaria were “released from prison.”

No reply by the Gambino contingent is noted in the court papers, but Licata was probably saying nice things about the Corozzos and DiMaria because he knew that Nicky Skins, a Newark resident, was proposed for membership by them and was in a crew that was then headed by an acting capo handpicked by the Corozzo contingent.

If they’re smart, all three should thank the mob gods they were in prison while Nicky Skins was wearing his wire, and look to retire. Nick will be 80 when he gets out in 2020. Jo Jo, 70, is unlikely to get out for another five years, assuming he agrees to a plea deal to his still pending racketeering case. Lenny, 71, just got out and has three years of supervised release ahead.

Sources say Gambino capo Daniel Marino was slated to attend the confab, but couldn’t when he was hit with racketeering and murder charges a month earlier and detained without bail. Like the Corozzo group, Marino, 71, should be looking to get a retirement package when he is released in 2014.

GR or anyone really, which faction or crew or whatever you want to call it likely has the most made guys in it? If I'm guessing, I would say Ligambi/Merlino?

Also, why is it that Ligambi and Merlino are different factions? I mean uncle joe was made acting by Joey, they clearly get along just fine, if anything I could see maybe 3 factions,but does anyone know why they are distinguishing Uncle joe and skinny? IMO Skinny is the boss, Uncle Joe is acting theyre one in the same faction with Stevie as the street boss or UB and johnny chang and his pops as consigs

he probably made ligambi acting boss because everybody respected him

philly is disfunctional and i doubt too many guys honor merlino

Re: Philly Mob in 2016 [Re: DanteMoltisanti] #876127
02/20/16 02:12 PM
02/20/16 02:12 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
Philly dysfunctional to a degree . If they were that bad you would know who is in each crew.

You would know who the skipper of those crews are and what that crew and skippers rackets are .

You would have wire taps like crazy with the world of Technology that we live in cos you bet theses guys are using the technology that would put them away if they were so dysfunctional.

The fact that they have so many young guys . I been hearing five guys were made a few years back and at least five guys have been made just recently .

So maybe just maybe they do have there shit together above the dysfunctional level.
It looking like they have a good system to keep the info that needs to be herd passed around well.

And they are not getting week and using phones and talking in places that can be bugged.

The Technology the Feds and LE have I am stunned that the guys are doing the right thing. The made guys and the associates are sticking to the rules that have been told to them.

Because if they were slipping just a little there would be indictments coming every six months.

I for one am very surprised at the way they have been able to do business in the open and keeping all else not on tape!!!

There a possibility that there are 58 - 61 made guys in that family .

Last edited by Serpiente; 02/20/16 02:20 PM.

Cackling like a banty Rooster.

I love this," "I just love this."
Re: Philly Mob in 2016 [Re: Serpiente] #876128
02/20/16 02:27 PM
02/20/16 02:27 PM
ralphie_cifaretto Offline
Underboss
ralphie_cifaretto  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Serpiente
The fact that they have so many young guys . I been hearing five guys were made a few years back and at least five guys have been made just recently .

Anyone have any idea who these guys are? I can't imagine these are competent street guys.

Re: Philly Mob in 2016 [Re: Serpiente] #876130
02/20/16 02:59 PM
02/20/16 02:59 PM
G
gangstereport Offline
Underboss
gangstereport  Offline
G
Underboss
Philly dysfunctional to a degree . If they were that bad you would know who is in each crew.

You would know who the skipper of those crews are and what that crew and skippers rackets are .

You would have wire taps like crazy with the world of Technology that we live in cos you bet theses guys are using the technology that would put them away if they were so dysfunctional.

So maybe just maybe they do have there shit together above the dysfunctional level.
It looking like they have a good system to keep the info that needs to be herd passed around well.

And they are not getting week and using phones and talking in places that can be bugged.

The Technology the Feds and LE have I am stunned that the guys are doing the right thing. The made guys and the associates are sticking to the rules that have been told to them.

Because if they were slipping just a little there would be indictments coming every six months.

I for one am very surprised at the way they have been able to do business in the open and keeping all else not on tape!!!

There a possibility that there are 58 - 61 made guys in that family .

true anatasia said in his latest article 5 guys got made recently

Unsolved Murders Still On The Feds' Philadelphia Agenda

It's a Yogi Berra moment in South Philadelphia.

Déjàvu all over again.

Members of both the Nicodemo (Little Nicky) Scarfo and Joseph (Skinny Joey) Merlino factions of the dysfunctional Philadelphia crime family are back on the streets after spending most of the past two decades in jail for racketeering.

The Scarfo crew includes guys like Phil Narducci and Joe Pungitore, shooters from the 1980s who have returned home over the past three years. The Merlino faction is headed by George Borgesi, Stevie Mazzone and John Ciancaglini, all of whom were convicted with Merlino in 2001, the last big mob trial in Philadelphia to end with convictions and substantial prison terms for many wiseguys.

Acting boss Joseph (Uncle Joe) Ligambi's got a foot in each camp. He was a shooter for the Scarfo group, but returned home before most of the other members of that organization when his conviction for the 1985 murder of Frank (Frankie Flowers) D'Alfonso was overturned and his retrial led to his acquittal. Ligambi fell in with the Merlino group in 1999 and took over as boss when Skinny Joey and his top associates were jailed a year later.

Now, everybody's back in town.

As reported by Dave Schratwieser on Fox 29 in Philadelphia last month, federal and state investigators are tracking the activities of the key players. Borgesi and Ligambi appear to be operating out of a new clubhouse across from the Epiphany Roman Catholic Church at 11th and Jackson Streets in the heart of South Philadelphia.

"Makes it easier to get to confession," quipped one longtime underworld observer.

But there really isn't much new to confess.

"They're strictly legit," said one friend of the family.

Borgesi and company are making inroads into the home rehab and mortgage refi businesses. Pungitore is also in the construction business which is booming in certain neighborhoods where gentrification has taken hold.

David Fritchey, the former federal prosecutor who headed the Organized Crime Strike Force in the U.S. Attorney's Office in Philadelphia for many years, said old habits die hard.

It doesn't speak well for their rehabilitation, he said, if wiseguys are back hanging around with former co-defendants. That, said the ex-prosecutor who retired back in July, is a formula for "recidivism."

But defense attorney Edwin Jacobs, who has represented both Merlino and Ligambi, told Fox 29 that there is nothing unusual about friends getting together. As he has argued to juries in the past, Jacobs said authorities are overplaying the associations.

"It's good to have a wide circle of friends," Jacobs said as the TV cameras rolled. "Federal law enforcement authorities look at The Godfather, one and two, as a text book. It's not a text book. It's a screen play."

Some might argue that the movies are actually training films for the next generation of wiseguys, the 20- and 30-something sycophants who now congregate at the new clubhouse. Two or three generations removed from the immigrant experience, these Americanized wannabe mobsters have to have someone show them how to act.

While Jacobs argues that the local mob is a shell of what it once was, federal and state authorities are now focusing on what they believe is the resurgence of the crime family.

"You have to admire their resilience," said one investigator familiar with the history of wanton violence, turncoat testimony and racketeering prosecutions that since the Scarfo era have left more than 30 members dead and that led to significant jail time for at least 30 others.

"They have a long and successful business model" that involves "violence and intimidation," said Fritchey who dismisses the argument that the one-time convicts have paid their debt to society and ought to be left alone. "If they're not doing anything wrong, then they shouldn't be worried about who's watching them."

It may not be the present, but rather the past, that gives Merlino, Ligambi and some of their top associates the most concern.

While investigators are tracking the new business ventures, they also have begun to revisit the cold case files involving the murders of mobsters Ron Turchi in 1999, Raymond (Long John) Martorano in 2002 and John (Johnny Gongs) Casasanto in 2003.

Authorities are also aware that at least five new members were formally initiated into the crime family in October, a move that would appear to run counter to defense attorney arguments at the racketeering trials of Ligambi and Borgesi two years ago. (Both Ligambi and Borgesi beat the charges, but four others were convicted). Among other things, the defense contended that while the defendants might be members of Cosa Nostra, the organization was no longer relevant.

'If that were the case," asked Fritchey, the retired federal prosecutor, "then why are people interested in getting made? You don't see anyone lining up to join the Knights Templar

Not connected with scott or anyone at gangsterreport

Sorry for the confusion
Re: Philly Mob in 2016 [Re: DanteMoltisanti] #876131
02/20/16 03:00 PM
02/20/16 03:00 PM
G
gangstereport Offline
Underboss
gangstereport  Offline
G
Underboss
they are still looking at the johnny gongs and marananto hit if they ever solve those murders nicdmeo is fucked

Not connected with scott or anyone at gangsterreport

Sorry for the confusion
Re: Philly Mob in 2016 [Re: AmericanCrime] #876135
02/20/16 04:57 PM
02/20/16 04:57 PM
AmericanCrime Offline
Capo
AmericanCrime  Offline
Capo
Originally Posted By: AmericanCrime
I hear alot of talk about dead guys and the fanboys flocking to these bubblegum gangsters. What you lot really know about the South Philly scene. True twin cig shoppe, friendly lounge, cheers to you. that where it at. stevie gongs, spider w/ the Pagans. Come on fanboys gettin hard everytime you catch a scent of a wiseguys ass. lollll

Twin Smoke Shoppe* excuse me gentlemen.

Last edited by AmericanCrime; 02/20/16 04:58 PM.
Re: Philly Mob in 2016 [Re: DanteMoltisanti] #876136
02/20/16 05:01 PM
02/20/16 05:01 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

Streets of Philadelphia music video and Stanfa-Merlino mob war are now forever intertwined in my mind.

Can't watch that video now without thinking of Stanfa, Merlino, Ciancaglini and Veasey.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: Philly Mob in 2016 [Re: DanteMoltisanti] #876140
02/20/16 06:26 PM
02/20/16 06:26 PM
PA
I
Itiswhatitis Offline
Made Member
Itiswhatitis  Offline
I
Made Member
PA
American - can you expand at all on the spider w/ the pagans reference?

Re: Philly Mob in 2016 [Re: DanteMoltisanti] #876143
02/20/16 09:07 PM
02/20/16 09:07 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

Any idea how much time the older narducci brother got for violating his parole for meeting with other mobsters and how come he's the only scarfo guy getting in trouble by parole arnt they all on it. Like the old man Chang he's taking pics with guys.

Re: Philly Mob in 2016 [Re: DanteMoltisanti] #876148
02/20/16 11:00 PM
02/20/16 11:00 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

Found the answer looks like he was released in Nov 2015 so they gave him a 90 day violation. So he's probaly off parole and back in the mix.

Re: Philly Mob in 2016 [Re: DanteMoltisanti] #876249
02/22/16 02:34 AM
02/22/16 02:34 AM
spmob Offline
Underboss
spmob  Offline
Underboss
There basically is 4 factions. None of them big and try consist of a few made guys and a handulmat most of associates. And most associates are people with very close family or friend connections who want that life or guys who are good earners and are hung up on being a member and third the guys who kinda get sucked in cause was making money and they kinda scared but they was probably making good change. But as I've said a billion times, there are a ton of independents and if you stay under the radar on all fronts and keep to yourself ot also have some connects of thrynown and they let them do it on their own as long as they help each other n do favors n shot your fine. Some people, especially drug dealers, who can finance themselves. Are inxepemdent. Also a lot of lower scale local bookies and loan sharks don't Pay a tax or anytnimg.

My point being these crews dont have many associates in the way it might appear. There are more made guys in a crew than associates. There only a couple and then they may have a nephew run errands or drive for them at times but that's just a mob groupie doing anything to look like a part of a crew.

I know a guy, mousies half brother, who use to be a crack head but always was cool with the guys. He dies his own little thing but nothing major and he OlDs a lot of cards n gambles n does little shot. His son does same thing. But they dont want his money. They talk about him. He a decent dude but I think Philly mob getting smarter as well and i think its oartlu cause joey has grown up and is also out of town a lot. They dont just deal with anyone. Sorry for tins long message and if messy cause im on my phone. But Philly has a ton of independents that the mob would t do shot about. Its not like 1 captain, 5 buttons and 10 associates. It could be 1 captain and/or a administrative member and like 3 to 5 made guys and 3 to 5 associates at most and that's including the little nephews n shit doing nothing so really more like 3 associates. Just a random guess from what I know and understand!

Re: Philly Mob in 2016 [Re: spmob] #876253
02/22/16 06:07 AM
02/22/16 06:07 AM
D
dave213 Offline
Button
dave213  Offline
D
Button
Originally Posted By: spmob
There basically is 4 factions.

What are they? And why not just call them crews instead of "factions"? Factions to me sounds like unusual splits in a family which resulted from conflict. Just trying to understand the structure, and if there really is anything behind this common usage of the word "faction" when talking about the Philly family.

Re: Philly Mob in 2016 [Re: DanteMoltisanti] #876423
02/23/16 11:37 PM
02/23/16 11:37 PM
Philly Burbs
mikeyballs211 Offline
acting associate
mikeyballs211  Offline
acting associate
Underboss
Philly Burbs
On a slightly unrelated topic but was always curious bein from Philly why do you guys think the Philly LCN was never really involved in truck hijackings outta pžhilly intl airport?

Unless im mistaken i don't recall reading any accounts that Ida, Bruno, Scarfo ever were involved in truck hijackings outta the airport? I mean for those not from here South Philly the LcN home turf is about a 10 minute drive to the airport.. I ask also in relation to NY whereby the Vario crew and the Fatico crew as well as Massino crew to a lesser degree all were heavily involved with truck hijackings outta JFK as they were in close proximity to the airport as well as having inside connections

Is it just simply another example of the philly lcn not having neary the strength, influence, and connections as even the weakest nyc fam or is there another reason the more knowledgeable guys here can shed some light on?

Also just curious but at say Newark intl did the decavs or the nj branches of the 5 fam ever have airport cargo hijackings rackets? How about other fams like the Patriarcas in the tiny Providence airport? Or even Logan in beantown?! How about other mid western families? Or again was this strictly a nyc thing? Sorry to hijack this thread but always wondered bout this, thanks fellas

Last edited by mikeyballs211; 02/23/16 11:38 PM.

"No, no, you aint alrite Spyder you got alotta fuckin problems"
Re: Philly Mob in 2016 [Re: DanteMoltisanti] #876432
02/24/16 01:38 AM
02/24/16 01:38 AM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
Good question.

Chicago have any issues back in the day at Ohare with hijackings?
Or was this simply a NY phenom?

MORGAN: Why didn't you fight him at the park if you wanted to? I'm not goin' now, I'm eatin' my snack.
Re: Philly Mob in 2016 [Re: DanteMoltisanti] #876442
02/24/16 09:18 AM
02/24/16 09:18 AM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
I don't know if they ever had a organized high jacking crew .
But they did have guys on the loading docks and at the Convention center in Philly and A.C. That would wait for the shows to end then they would heist what they wanted or what was in demand .

At one point it got so bad that they almost lost the shows here in A.C. So it was slowed so the Conventions would continue .

Cackling like a banty Rooster.

I love this," "I just love this."
Re: Philly Mob in 2016 [Re: Serpiente] #876448
02/24/16 10:18 AM
02/24/16 10:18 AM
P
PHL_Mob Offline
Capo
PHL_Mob  Offline
P
Capo
But they did have guys on the loading docks and at the Convention center in Philly and A.C. That would wait for the shows to end then they would heist what they wanted or what was in demand .

At one point it got so bad that they almost lost the shows here in A.C. So it was slowed so the Conventions would continue .

Joey and some of his guys were all busted as part of that 2001 RICO indictment for truck hijacking. It was out of the rail yard as opposed to the airport, but the Rail yard/Port of Philadelphia are both also in S. Philly so they might just have more connect in that area. That was the whole baby milk, track suits, bikes, computers, TVs, crates of nickels, cigs, vodka, toy car sets, etc were some of the loads they stole I think the aggregate figure he Feds came up with was like ~$1.5M of cargo...

Re: Philly Mob in 2016 [Re: DanteMoltisanti] #876453
02/24/16 01:32 PM
02/24/16 01:32 PM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
Thx gents

Re: Philly Mob in 2016 [Re: DanteMoltisanti] #876454
02/24/16 01:44 PM
02/24/16 01:44 PM
CT
M
mightyhealthy Offline
Underboss
mightyhealthy  Offline
M
Underboss
CT
$1.5m of cargo my ass.

Re: Philly Mob in 2016 [Re: mightyhealthy] #876470
02/24/16 03:29 PM
02/24/16 03:29 PM
P
PHL_Mob Offline
Capo
PHL_Mob  Offline
P
Capo

Re: Philly Mob in 2016 [Re: DanteMoltisanti] #876536
02/24/16 09:19 PM
02/24/16 09:19 PM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
Good article.

Appreciate the post.

Re: Philly Mob in 2016 [Re: DanteMoltisanti] #876606
02/25/16 12:49 PM
02/25/16 12:49 PM
NJ
F
FrankMazola Offline
Underboss
FrankMazola  Offline
F
Underboss
NJ
I really want to see Anastasia do a 1990-present philly LCN book.

F. Mazola, Esq.
Re: Philly Mob in 2016 [Re: DanteMoltisanti] #876612
02/25/16 01:04 PM
02/25/16 01:04 PM
CT
M
mightyhealthy Offline
Underboss
mightyhealthy  Offline
M
Underboss
CT
I was skeptical of the 1.5m figure and, after the article, I still am.

Re: Philly Mob in 2016 [Re: FrankMazola] #876624
02/25/16 03:39 PM
02/25/16 03:39 PM
The Jersey Shore
D
DanteMoltisanti Offline OP
Underboss
DanteMoltisanti  Offline OP
D
Underboss
The Jersey Shore
Originally Posted By: FrankMazola

He did, it's called "The Last Gangster" it's Ron Previte's account of the 1990s Philly LCN scene with Merlino

Re: Philly Mob in 2016 [Re: DanteMoltisanti] #876625
02/25/16 04:13 PM
CT
M
mightyhealthy Offline
Underboss
mightyhealthy  Offline
M
Underboss
CT
Originally Posted By: DanteMoltisanti
Originally Posted By: FrankMazola

He did, it's called "The Last Gangster" it's Ron Previte's account of the 1990s Philly LCN scene with Merlino

The preview is horrible. I think Anastasia has about 100 pages he'll just copy into any book about Philly.

Also, what is UP with these guys and describing how dashing and handsome Merlino is? It's bizarre.

Re: Philly Mob in 2016 [Re: DanteMoltisanti] #876626
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
That was published in '04 and probably including little after say '02.

Not exactly current.

Re: Philly Mob in 2016 [Re: PHL_Mob] #876641
02/25/16 08:07 PM
02/25/16 08:07 PM
Philly Burbs
mikeyballs211 Offline
acting associate
mikeyballs211  Offline
acting associate
Underboss
Philly Burbs
Originally Posted By: PHL_Mob

Joey and some of his guys were all busted as part of that 2001 RICO indictment for truck hijacking. It was out of the rail yard as opposed to the airport, but the Rail yard/Port of Philadelphia are both also in S. Philly so they might just have more connect in that area. That was the whole baby milk, track suits, bikes, computers, TVs, crates of nickels, cigs, vodka, toy car sets, etc were some of the loads they stole I think the aggregate figure he Feds came up with was like ~$1.5M of cargo...

Appreciate the response PHL, thats interesting never heard of that case...I wonder why Bruno back in the day when cargo hi-jacking was much easier to get away with because of the lack of technology never really took off in Philly? I mean like I said the airports right there, and its right off of 95 ud think there would be opportunities there?

"No, no, you aint alrite Spyder you got alotta fuckin problems"
Re: Philly Mob in 2016 [Re: DanteMoltisanti] #876742
02/26/16 04:52 PM
02/26/16 04:52 PM
NJ
F
FrankMazola Offline
Underboss
FrankMazola  Offline
F
Underboss
NJ
What I had in mind was a sort of "End of Merlino - 2016" book. It would be a nice end piece in George Anastasia's 40 year journalistic affair with Philly LCN. Started here - , then went down to here _ , now possibly back to here - . He could cover Johnny Gongs, Long John Martorano slayings, the Ligambi trial, and the return of everyone to the street. Ralph Natale or to a lesser extent, Bent Finger Lou could advise on 2000's to current LCN status.

F. Mazola, Esq.
Re: Philly Mob in 2016 [Re: DanteMoltisanti] #876759
02/26/16 07:13 PM
02/26/16 07:13 PM
CT
M
mightyhealthy Offline
Underboss
mightyhealthy  Offline
M
Underboss
CT
He is probably waiting for a real high profile rat. I wonder who'd know the most icluding the 90s that could conceivably flip.

Page 8 of 14 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 13 14

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull