GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (joepuzzles234, 1 invisible), 85 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,399
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,794
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,505
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,294
Posts1,058,099
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Great 90s In-Depth Article on Tanglewood Boys [Re: Moe_Tilden] #868044
11/27/15 03:26 PM
11/27/15 03:26 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Yeah, it's a dick measuring thing and it's all subjective anyway. He's seventy now. But in his prime I'd go with Patsy. Hands like catcher's mitts. A black belt in Judo twenty years before the martial arts became mainstream in New York. Zero fear. For lack of a better word, an animal. And I use that term respectfully.

And Tanglewood wasn't a gang in the traditional sense. There was no structure, and they didn't have the numbers. But out of those kids, and he wasn't always around them. But Al A. was a true tough guy. And they ALL feared him.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Great 90s In-Depth Article on Tanglewood Boys [Re: NickyScarfo] #868048
11/27/15 03:53 PM
11/27/15 03:53 PM
CT
M
mightyhealthy Offline
Underboss
mightyhealthy  Offline
M
Underboss
CT
Is DeSimmone out and active?

Re: Great 90s In-Depth Article on Tanglewood Boys [Re: NickyScarfo] #868049
11/27/15 03:59 PM
11/27/15 03:59 PM
D
dsbaloo Offline
Underboss
dsbaloo  Offline
D
Underboss
patsy looks like a tough mother fucker

Re: Great 90s In-Depth Article on Tanglewood Boys [Re: NickyScarfo] #868051
11/27/15 04:12 PM
11/27/15 04:12 PM
Kokomo
B
Beanshooter Offline
Underboss
Beanshooter  Offline
B
Underboss
Kokomo
PB, Was Al A.an associate of the Luccheses or Gambinos? And he liked knives right?

Re: Great 90s In-Depth Article on Tanglewood Boys [Re: Beanshooter] #868057
11/27/15 04:32 PM
11/27/15 04:32 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Beanshooter
PB, Was Al A.an associate of the Luccheses or Gambinos? And he liked knives right?

The Cuban guy, yeah. But he didn't need those knives. Tough motherfucker.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Great 90s In-Depth Article on Tanglewood Boys [Re: NickyScarfo] #868059
11/27/15 04:51 PM
11/27/15 04:51 PM
CT
M
mightyhealthy Offline
Underboss
mightyhealthy  Offline
M
Underboss
CT
Damn, I wish I knew what you were talking about, lol.

Re: Great 90s In-Depth Article on Tanglewood Boys [Re: NickyScarfo] #868061
11/27/15 05:01 PM
11/27/15 05:01 PM
G
gangstereport Offline
Underboss
gangstereport  Offline
G
Underboss
the cuban guy he was busted with greg depalma and those guys in 2005 i think he is with the luchesese AL ALVAREZ i think was his name was

Not connected with scott or anyone at gangsterreport

Sorry for the confusion
Re: Great 90s In-Depth Article on Tanglewood Boys [Re: mightyhealthy] #868072
11/27/15 06:14 PM
11/27/15 06:14 PM
O
ONTHEFLY Offline
Wiseguy
ONTHEFLY  Offline
O
Wiseguy
Originally Posted By: mightyhealthy
I'm sorry, OTF.

I was drinking. My mistake.

All good MH, hope you enjoyed your Thanksgiving.

Re: Great 90s In-Depth Article on Tanglewood Boys [Re: gangstereport] #868074
11/27/15 06:56 PM
11/27/15 06:56 PM
O
ONTHEFLY Offline
Wiseguy
ONTHEFLY  Offline
O
Wiseguy
Originally Posted By: gangstereport
pizza or onthefly who would you say was the craziest guy to come out of the bronx and who was the toughest guy

I agree with PB, Patsy was one tough cookie. Buster was another tough guy. And I am not sure how old PB is but I'm an 80's baby so he may have more knowledge on the golden days of The Bronx than myself although I have been around some very serious guys in my lifetime.

I do not mean to constantly mention his name but since you asked, I will give you my opinion now that he is gone and I choose to only speak on my own personal experiences therefore I have to say that Wahoo was as tough of a guy that I have ever come across.

Smart too. He lived to be 77 years old and If it wasn't for that rat Walter then he wouldn't have spent a day of his life behind bars and that says a lot for someone who did as many hits as he did.

I personally know a few that the media and books blamed other people for and were completely wrong but those are stories for another day if I choose to share.

Ultimately, he died of a stroke but he had more than one stroke in his lifetime and survived all of them until that last one that did him in, in 2009. He actually lost a lung due to one of the strokes that he survived.

Lastly, I will never forget the time that I was riding along with him and my father back in the 90s, nonchalantly listening to them speak as he turned to my father and said (to keep it brief) "I'm not just a wise guy, I'm a tough guy". Well he sure was.

Re: Great 90s In-Depth Article on Tanglewood Boys [Re: pizzaboy] #868078
11/27/15 07:36 PM
11/27/15 07:36 PM
Westchester
Frankie_Five_Angels Offline
Made Member
Frankie_Five_Angels  Offline
Made Member
Westchester
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

Very tough. And none of the younger guys would ever mess with him.

"I'll give you undignified. Go fuck yourself. You, Phil... whoever. He's my fuckin' cousin."

"My name is George. I'm unemployed and live with my parents"..
Re: Great 90s In-Depth Article on Tanglewood Boys [Re: Moe_Tilden] #868079
11/27/15 07:39 PM
11/27/15 07:39 PM
Westchester
Made Member
Made Member
Westchester
Originally Posted By: Moe_Tilden
I read that article before.

Mazzarella, flawed though he undoubtedly is, is an intriguing person to listen to.

Wonder what he is up to now.

He's definitely not in the program anymore...

"I'll give you undignified. Go fuck yourself. You, Phil... whoever. He's my fuckin' cousin."

Re: Great 90s In-Depth Article on Tanglewood Boys [Re: Beanshooter] #868081
11/27/15 08:47 PM
11/27/15 08:47 PM
Fleming_Ave Offline
Underboss
Fleming_Ave  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Vknicks
Everything so far that onthefly has said has been pretty spot on

Agree Vknicks.

That's why I said he "proved" himself by mentioning Jerry, Wahoo's lesser known brother. He got offended at my choice of words. But then I explained our troll problem here. Like the scumbag who wished my Father dead on Thanksgiving.

That was so wrong. What can possess someone to say such a thing! That's just poor evil! I feel bad that you had to read that nonsense PB. Wishing only the best for your Dad, you and your famiy during this Holiday Season.

Yeah, that is taking things way too far. Ball breaking and joking around with each other is one thing, picking on family members is another.

Re: Great 90s In-Depth Article on Tanglewood Boys [Re: ONTHEFLY] #868084
11/27/15 09:26 PM
11/27/15 09:26 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: ONTHEFLY
I agree with PB, Patsy was one tough cookie. Buster was another tough guy. And I am not sure how old PB is but I'm an 80's baby so he may have more knowledge on the golden days of The Bronx than myself although I have been around some very serious guys in my lifetime.

I do not mean to constantly mention his name but since you asked, I will give you my opinion now that he is gone and I choose to only speak on my own personal experiences therefore I have to say that Wahoo was as tough of a guy that I have ever come across.

I'm 56, ONF. I grew up at 187th and Hoffman, and we now split our time between Throggs Neck and Delray Beach, Florida. So my feet are still in the neighborhood quite a bit.

No argument on Wahoo. A tough guy and a gentleman both. I don't know if you remember T.V. Sharp bookmaker. His office was following the Kosher Kids and he was laying off into the Islands long before the fucking Internet. Well, either Jamesy or Artie made a 20k mistake in my favor during baseball season one year. Baseball's slow season. Not even a moron makes a mistake like that during the fucking summer when you're just happy to break even.

This was like 25 years ago. I was already in my early 30's, and I took it like they were testing me. I went to the place on Morris Park Avenue. Il G******* and I blew my top. It could've turned into something but it didn't.

Anyway, Wahoo had a longtime friendship with my friend (even though we were from across the street). He told me I was right for being upset. But that neither he nor T.V. were aware of it. And that I'd be within my rights to keep it. I declined. He smiled, gave me a bear hug that I can still feel when it's damp, and gave me the usual "If you ever need anything...."

I never cashed in on that favor. I had my own friends anyway. But that man showed me A LOT that night.

Re: Great 90s In-Depth Article on Tanglewood Boys [Re: Frankie_Five_Angels] #868085
11/27/15 09:36 PM
11/27/15 09:36 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Frankie_Five_Angels

Do you remember the other Al? His father had the place on Central? He was no joke, either. He came within an inch of knocking Willie out. But the tide turned on that one.

He wasn't quite in that leaague. But other than the other Al, no one in Tanglewood could go toe toe with him. He swung like and ape. Hit like one, too.

Re: Great 90s In-Depth Article on Tanglewood Boys [Re: pizzaboy] #868092
11/27/15 10:41 PM
11/27/15 10:41 PM
O
ONTHEFLY Offline
Wiseguy
ONTHEFLY  Offline
O
Wiseguy
I'm 56, ONF. I grew up at 187th and Hoffman, and we now split our time between Throggs Neck and Delray Beach, Florida. So my feet are still in the neighborhood quite a bit.

No argument on Wahoo. A tough guy and a gentleman both. I don't know if you remember T.V. Sharp bookmaker. His office was following the Kosher Kids and he was laying off into the Islands long before the fucking Internet. Well, either Jamesy or Artie made a 20k mistake in my favor during baseball season one year. Baseball's slow season. Not even a moron makes a mistake like that during the fucking summer when you're just happy to break even.

This was like 25 years ago. I was already in my early 30's, and I took it like they were testing me. I went to the place on Morris Park Avenue. Il G******* and I blew my top. It could've turned into something but it didn't.

Anyway, Wahoo had a longtime friendship with my friend (even though we were from across the street). He told me I was right for being upset. But that neither he nor T.V. were aware of it. And that I'd be within my rights to keep it. I declined. He smiled, gave me a bear hug that I can still feel when it's damp, and gave me the usual "If you ever need anything...."

I never cashed in on that favor. I had my own friends anyway. But that man showed me A LOT that night.

I grew up in Throggs Neck with family roots from both 116th and Pleasant in Harlem and Parkchester in The Bronx back when they were both Italian filled neighborhoods.

I'm not sure who T.V. is but I knew Sonny (the old man) who was bookmaking under Jerry in his and Wahoos old club under the L near Steves toy store (what a rip off that guy was) before they split up into their own seperate clubs after that little argument they had over the loan but thats another story.

Anyway, my educated guess would be that it was absolutely a test. And to this day I believe that I was also tested by him when he asked me to pick up an envelop and bring it back to him. The envelop wasn't sealed and had every kind of bill there is from hundreds to loose singles in it. Long story short, when I gave it to him, he counted it, smiled and told me to go give it to his "brudder" lol. That guy is legend.

Re: Great 90s In-Depth Article on Tanglewood Boys [Re: pizzaboy] #868093
11/27/15 10:43 PM
11/27/15 10:43 PM
Westchester
Made Member
Made Member
Westchester
Originally Posted By: Frankie_Five_Angels

Do you remember the other Al? His father had the place on Central? He was no joke, either. He came within an inch of knocking Willie out. But the tide turned on that one.

He wasn't quite in that leaague. But other than the other Al, no one in Tanglewood could go toe toe with him. He swung like and ape. Hit like one, too.

Lol.. yeah the place was a mexican joint after that... now its vacant i think. ... not on that level. (W.M.) but certainly way above most peoples... really strong guy...

Re: Great 90s In-Depth Article on Tanglewood Boys [Re: pizzaboy] #868094
11/27/15 10:47 PM
11/27/15 10:47 PM
O
ONTHEFLY Offline
Wiseguy
ONTHEFLY  Offline
O
Wiseguy
I grew up at 187th and Hoffman

By the way, do you remember Rudy Green Eyes? I believe he was from around that area. Great guy.

Re: Great 90s In-Depth Article on Tanglewood Boys [Re: ONTHEFLY] #868096
11/28/15 12:11 AM
11/28/15 12:11 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
I grew up in Throggs Neck with family roots from both 116th and Pleasant in Harlem and Parkchester in The Bronx back when they were both Italian filled neighborhoods.

No family in Parkchester to speak of, although I certainly know the area. Remember Danny Squire and his office at The Riddler's?

Re East Harlem. Same here, on my Dad's side. My grandparents lived at 325 Pleasant for something like fifty years. When they got here, they lived downtown on Baxter for a year or two. Then up to Pleasant for the rest of their lives. My Dad's 86 and still on the Giglio board. But you won't find him on the website lol. Anyway, my Mom's side settled in the Bronx and Yonkers. When they got married, that's when they moved to Belmont. But my grandparents lived well into the '80s, so I was on Pleasant Avenue constantly. My Dad and I had lunch at Andy's almost every Friday for more than twenty years.

Small world.

Re: Great 90s In-Depth Article on Tanglewood Boys [Re: ONTHEFLY] #868097
11/28/15 12:12 AM
11/28/15 12:12 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck

By the way, do you remember Rudy Green Eyes? I believe he was from around that area. Great guy.

You mean Rudy S or the Rudy that was around Joe Sass?

Re: Great 90s In-Depth Article on Tanglewood Boys [Re: pizzaboy] #868154
11/28/15 12:52 PM
11/28/15 12:52 PM
O
ONTHEFLY Offline
Wiseguy
ONTHEFLY  Offline
O
Wiseguy
No family in Parkchester to speak of, although I certainly know the area. Remember Danny Squire and his office at The Riddler's?

Re East Harlem. Same here, on my Dad's side. My grandparents lived at 325 Pleasant for something like fifty years. When they got here, they lived downtown on Baxter for a year or two. Then up to Pleasant for the rest or their lives. My Dad's 86 and still on the Giglio board. But you won't find him on the website lol. Anyway, my Mom's side settled in the Bronx and Yonkers. When they got married, that's when they moved to Belmont. But my grandparents lived well into the '80s, so I was on Pleasant Avenue constantly. My Dad and I had lunch at Andy's almost every Friday for more than twenty years.

Small world.

Danny L? Ive seen him around but I don't know him personally. Very small world pal

Re: Great 90s In-Depth Article on Tanglewood Boys [Re: pizzaboy] #868155
11/28/15 12:55 PM
11/28/15 12:55 PM
O
ONTHEFLY Offline
Wiseguy
ONTHEFLY  Offline
O
Wiseguy

Yes, I believe Rudy S, he was around Arthur Ave all the time.

Re: Great 90s In-Depth Article on Tanglewood Boys [Re: NickyScarfo] #868157
11/28/15 01:23 PM
11/28/15 01:23 PM
baldo Offline
Capo
baldo  Offline
Capo
Pizza, OTF, Bronx and others....at least leave us a glossary in ur will when u pass so that we can decipher all this one day LOL. Lot of great knowledge passing right before our eyes. wink

Re: Great 90s In-Depth Article on Tanglewood Boys [Re: ONTHEFLY] #868158
11/28/15 01:33 PM
11/28/15 01:33 PM
Kokomo
B
Beanshooter Offline
Underboss
Beanshooter  Offline
B
Underboss
Kokomo

Yes, I believe Rudy S, he was around Arthur Ave all the time.

Didn't Rudy S have a club upstairs of a building on Webster Avenue by 238th st in the Bronx?

Re: Great 90s In-Depth Article on Tanglewood Boys [Re: Beanshooter] #868159
11/28/15 02:18 PM
11/28/15 02:18 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Didn't Rudy S have a club upstairs of a building on Webster Avenue by 238th st in the Bronx?

No, Beans. Rudy's club was right on Arthur Avenue (hence, the name "Club Arthur"). Rudy rarely left the neighborhood.

Are you talking about the place by the old Federico's? (Now, that's a dated reference lol).

Anyway, if that's the club you mean, it belonged to the Luccheses. It was run by various members of the old Mikey Salerno crew. Hope that helps, buddy smile.

Re: Great 90s In-Depth Article on Tanglewood Boys [Re: NickyScarfo] #868182
11/28/15 05:01 PM
11/28/15 05:01 PM
V
Vknicks Offline
Made Member
Vknicks  Offline
V
Made Member
speaking of those guys you have to throw in several of those guys from that crew in to the mix for toughest guys in the bronx

Re: Great 90s In-Depth Article on Tanglewood Boys [Re: NickyScarfo] #868183
11/28/15 05:50 PM
11/28/15 05:50 PM
Kokomo
B
Beanshooter Offline
Underboss
Beanshooter  Offline
B
Underboss
Kokomo
lol, as usual spot on PB. Thank you

Re: Great 90s In-Depth Article on Tanglewood Boys [Re: Vknicks] #868198
11/28/15 11:31 PM
11/28/15 11:31 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Vknicks
speaking of those guys you have to throw in several of those guys from that crew in to the mix for toughest guys in the bronx

Yeah, but for awhile they were out of control violent, even by mob standards. That's why I laugh every time someone calls the guy in Tuckahoe "white collar." It's true enough today, but they didn't know him thirty years ago.

Do you remember his place on Bronx River Road? I recently posted this. But if they didn't know you, and you walked in there late on a Thursday night, you were taking your life in your hands. I'm embarrassed to say that I saw more than one "civilian" get his ass beat in that place. Of course, no one ever pressed charges. Thankfully, they all calmed down once they got into their forties and beyond.

Re: Great 90s In-Depth Article on Tanglewood Boys [Re: NickyScarfo] #868224
11/29/15 09:17 AM
11/29/15 09:17 AM
V
Vknicks Offline
Made Member
Vknicks  Offline
V
Made Member
yeah some of these guys were outta control violent, they were a rough group , and they had quite a few giys around who were not huge earners they were they incise work had to be done lol , are you Talking about the place that Started with a P on Bronx River road

Re: Great 90s In-Depth Article on Tanglewood Boys [Re: Vknicks] #868226
11/29/15 10:10 AM
11/29/15 10:10 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Yes, like the opera.

Re: Great 90s In-Depth Article on Tanglewood Boys [Re: NickyScarfo] #868227
11/29/15 10:15 AM
11/29/15 10:15 AM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

Have Ron Perlman and Steven Crea ever been in the same place at the same time?

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull