GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 158 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,415
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,817
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,505
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,301
Posts1,058,201
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
26th Anniversary of taped mafia induction ceremony #865040
10/29/15 03:35 PM
10/29/15 03:35 PM
M
mike68 Offline OP
Underboss
mike68  Offline OP
M
Underboss
http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2015/10...tFyH/story.html

Along with some snippets of the tape. You can here Junior Patriarca, J.R. Russo, Biagio DiGiacomo amongst others

Last edited by mike68; 10/29/15 03:40 PM.
Re: 26th Anniversary of taped mafia induction ceremony [Re: mike68] #865042
10/29/15 04:04 PM
10/29/15 04:04 PM
Chicago and Cleveland
FriendoftheFamily Offline
Made Member
FriendoftheFamily  Offline
Made Member
Chicago and Cleveland
Too bad that tape can't be enhanced so we can hear it a little better and maybe try to make out a few more words.

Re: 26th Anniversary of taped mafia induction ceremony [Re: mike68] #865045
10/29/15 04:15 PM
10/29/15 04:15 PM
A
azguy Offline
Underboss
azguy  Offline
A
Underboss

"In onore della Famiglia la Famiglia e' aperta"
Re: 26th Anniversary of taped mafia induction ceremony [Re: mike68] #865047
10/29/15 04:18 PM
10/29/15 04:18 PM
New Jersey
Dellacroce Offline
Underboss
Dellacroce  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
Heres an almost full transcript of the recording-

Finally parts of the audio recorded that day has been released! Thanks for posting this.

Here is a near full transcript of the audio.

Transcript of Mafia Induction Ceremony made by Sonny Mercurio

This was taken from five hours' of tapes made by the FBI transmitted through a listening device planted at 34 Guild St., Medford, Mass. on Oct. 29, 1989, the home of Loretta DiStefano, sister of inductee Vincent Federico, of Boston. Then-boss Raymond J. "Junior" Patriarca tried to patch a wounded relationship between Boston and Providence after the summer of 1989, when Boston captains Joseph "J.R." Russo, Vincent Ferrara and Robert Carrozza were suspected of ordering the shooting of Grasso and Francis P. "Cadillac Frank" Salemme, in Saugus, Mass. 21 members from three states, including the Boss Raymond J. (Junior) Patriarca; the consigliere, Joseph (J.R.) Russo; five of the family's capo regimes, or lieutenants, Vincent M. (The Animal) Ferrara, Robert F. Carrozza, Biagio DiGiacomo, Charles Quintina, and Guglielmetti; and 10 soldiers, Angelo (Sonny) Mercurio, Antonio L. (Spucky) Spagnolo, Vincent (Dee Dee) Gioacchini, Frederick M. Chiampa, Alexander S. (Sonny Boy) Rizzo, Pryce L. Quintina, all from the Boston regimes, Dominick Marangelli and Louis R. Failla from the Hartford regime, Gaetano J. Milano from western Massachusetts, and Galea from Providence. What they had gathered for was a "baptism" of Mafiosi.

The first arrivals were Gaetano J. Milano of East Longmeadow, Mass., and Louis R. Failla of East Hartford who arrived in a black Lincoln after leaving their car at a drop spot nearby. They chat about loan-sharking with the two hosts, Russo and Ferrara.

Then Patriarca arrives, chauffeured by Angelo "Sonny" Mercurio, who is an FBI informant.

Russo says, "You look good, Ray."

Patriarca, who promoted Russo and agreed to induct three Boston men in an attempt to resolve a rift between Boston and Providence, returns the compliment: "You look good."

When everyone has assembled, including Rhode Islanders Pasquale Galea of Providence, Matthew L. Guglielmetti of Cranston and Robert DeLuca of Lincoln, Patriarca makes a brief introduction.

"We're all here to bring in some new members into our family and more than that, to start maybe a new beginning. . . . Hopefully, they'll leave here with what we had years past. And bygones are bygones and a good future for all of us."

Perhaps because he is Sicilian-born, perhaps because he is alleged to have undergone the induction in both Italy and the United States, Biagio DiGiacomo officiated at the ceremony and explains the significance of the ceremony to Tortora.

"Carmen, we're going to baptize you again," DiGiacomo says, "You were baptized when you were a baby, your parents did it, but now this time we're going to baptize you."

DiGiacomo explained the Sicilian roots of the organization to the members of the Patriarca crime family from Connecticut, Massachusetts and Rhode Island who dressed in suits for the Sunday afternoon "baptism" of Robert DeLuca of Lincoln, R.I., and three Boston-area men.

Two hundred years ago, DiGiacomo said, "In Sicily, they all get together because there was a lot (of) abuse to the family, to the wife, to the children. Until some people, nice people, they got together, and they said let's make an organization over here, but let's start to do the right thing. "Who makes a mistake he's gotta pay."

After polite applause, DiGiacomo opens the ceremony: "In onore della Famiglia la Famiglia e' aperta. (In honor of the Family, the Family is open.)"

Then he administered the oaths:

"I . . . want to enter into this organization to protect my family and to protect all my friends. I swear not to divulge this secret and to obey, with love and omerta."

A "cumpare" or buddy is designated to assist with the burning of the holy card of the patron saint of the family. The cumpare is selected through an Italian finger-throwing game with Russo doing the counting.

After blood was drawn from each of the inductees' trigger fingers, a holy card with the image of the Patriarca family saint was burned as DiGiacomo administered the second oath:

"As burns this saint so will burn my soul. I enter alive into this organization and leave it dead."

After the inductee burns the saint's card, Patriarca assigns him a captain.

First to be inducted is Vincent Federico, following him is DeLuca, then Carmen Tortora of Brockton, Mass., and Richard Floramo of Everett, Mass. Each swears allegiance to the organization, punctuated with a blood oath with the prick of his trigger finger.

DiGiacomo then explained the commitment they had made.

"We get in alive in this organization and the only way we gonna get out is dead no matter what. It's no hope, no Jesus, no Madonna, nobody can help us if we ever give up this secret to anybody, any kinds of friends of mine, let's say. This Thing that cannot be exposed."

DiGiacomo defined the organization into which the men were inducted after burning an image of the crime family's patron saint and taking a blood oath to kill their own sons or brothers if a Mafia superior said they were informing on them to the police.

"Everybody fight this thing, they call it Cosa Nostra," said DiGiacomo.
"It is Mafia," DiGiacomo said. "We got together to call it La Cosa Nostra, Mafia, or organized crime."

Later in the ceremony, the new inductees are lectured on the national complexion of Cosa Nostra.

Russo: All Families are related all over America.

Patriarca: Throughout the world.

Russo: Through a common cause, but it's like cousins. The immediate family likes to keep their business to themselves.

Russo: We have one Family in New England. One Family. Remember that. One Family. New York has five Families. . . . Chicago got their own Family.

Patriarca: Springfield's got more than one.

Russo: . . . Springfield also has a smattering belong to New York Family, Vito Genovese. . . . That's been that situation . . . years.

Patriarca: And there's like four or five other Families coming out of Connecticut.

Russo: You're gonna be being with people, but our family mosta them right now here, an like I say, the New England area we have a few from New York. They're all Amico Nostro.

Over and over the ranking members stress to the new underlings that the new Family henceforth is the object of their preeminent allegiance.

DiGiacomo makes sure nothing got lost in the translation.

"You don't know what I was saying to you (in Italian) and repeating after me. But most of you guys you don't understand what you say. You giving up your property, your money and everything over here."

Laughter all around.

Russo stresses that members must inform their captain of all business dealings, unless a member of another family approaches them and says it's an emergency.

Otherwise, they must go through "proper channels."

He says, "Whatever you got belongs to you. None of us will take from each other."

Then Patriarca says, "Actually all, all business deals legal or illegal, should be brought to the table. "If I'm in the garbage business and you own a dump, before you go to ah, BFI and go do business with them, if you know anybody at this table can aid you in a business, legitimate or illegitimate, your obligation is to come to us first. "And ask us, you know, whoever put you in that particular business that could aid you before you go to a stranger. In other words, you look to do the business with a Friend before you go outside the Family."

Ferrara pipes in, "Richie, you might want to sell your restaurant. . . . A Friend might want to buy it." He was referring to Floramo's cafe in Chelsea.

Patriarca says, "Don't go sellin' it to a stranger."

The leaders explain to the new members how to introduce themselves to one another and stressing that they cannot reveal that they are soldiers unless they are properly introduced.

"Only a friend can introduce us," Ferrara says.

DiGiacomo adds, "Try to specify" personal friend or "A Friend of Ours."

The inductees also are cautioned about public displays of affection among members.

DiGiacomo: Years ago we used to kiss each other.

Charles Quintina, of Boston: We try to stop kissing in public. . . . We stand out.

Shortly thereafter, there are sounds of furniture moving, men kissing and warm goodbys being said.

Then DiGiacomo says: "L'onore della Famiglia ritorna chiusa. (The honor of the Family is now closed.) Before locking the doors, Ferrara draws a fateful conclusion: Only the . . . ghost knows what really took place over here today by God.

"Let me tell you something. There's no nobility in poverty. I've been a poor man, and I've been a rich man. And I choose rich every fucking time."

-Jordan Belfort
Re: 26th Anniversary of taped mafia induction ceremony [Re: mike68] #865048
10/29/15 04:27 PM
10/29/15 04:27 PM
Alabama
D
dixiemafia Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
dixiemafia  Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
D
Underboss
Alabama
Thanks for the link Mike. That is pretty cool.

I know one thing, Junior is one ugly mofo or he was. I haven't seen him in a long time.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull