GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Toodoped), 117 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,415
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,815
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,505
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,300
Posts1,058,175
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Heroin OD In MS [Re: RollinBones] #917306
07/22/17 01:35 PM
07/22/17 01:35 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: RollinBones
Wow, great catch Gets.. I thought Fentanyl only started popping up within the past 5 years or so..

Thanks,Rollin.

You're a true Wire-head, so season 5....seeing McNulty you already know what he's up to...and how that convo fits the story.

Baltimore is heroin central, so it makes sense that it would pop up there first but I was surprised to hear it mentioned.

Found a link from a fed archive site from 2006 about Fen. deaths in Baltimore

https://www.justice.gov/archive/ndic/pubs23/23834/crime.htm

Remember,I was super late to catch on to the Wire..so when I first started watching I thought the fiends were crack heads.

Re: Heroin OD In MS [Re: BlackFamily] #917322
07/22/17 04:07 PM
07/22/17 04:07 PM
R
RollinBones Offline
Underboss
RollinBones  Offline
R
Underboss
Lmao, I was a kid when The Wire came out and watched it as it aired from season 3 until the end, and when I first saw it I absolutely thought they were crackheads too because that was the big thing around my neighborhood. Of course after an episode or 2 I realized it was dope.

I still haven't visited Baltimore but I'd have to at least ride through the West Side to see how it's looking. I went to Philly recently and the fiends out there in North Philly had it looking like a zombie land.

There's a lot of fiends in Boston and in certain neighborhoods there are hot spots where you'll see a lot of traffic, but for the most part the fiends all congregate in one spot near the highway where all the methadone clinics are. Philly reminded me of that spot, except the shit was everywhere instead of one strip. I don't know if it was posted here but there's an interesting article I read about Puerto Rico sending it's addicts here under the promise that they're going to be treated, but once they get here they're like indentured servants.

My bad if you read it before
http://www.philly.com/philly/news/specia..._to_Philly.html

Re: Heroin OD In MS [Re: RollinBones] #917323
07/22/17 04:40 PM
07/22/17 04:40 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
Rollin

WOW!!!!!!
Sounds like the Mariel boat lift in Miami where Castro dumped all the criminals out of Cuba.

Never heard of this.Indentured servants is the perfect term....smart to do it in Philly and not NYC. So many PRs in New York, that within a week they'd be able to locate a distant relative.
Parents are ashamed of their addict kids and just want them to disappear, and these dudes take advantage of that.
WOW!!! Also, these fiends are more valuable than illegals or undocumented workers because they are citizens. WOW!!
If it wasn't such a sucker move to enslave your own people,I could halfway admire this hustle.

I've read about a lot of P.R.s ending up in Camden NJ, which is sort of the twin city to Philly, but they weren't fiends.Just people looking for work. (?) If Camden is a step up from where you're living.....then Puerto Rico is a lot different than what I pictured.
I grew up in Newark,NJ...and I said the same thing to Southern and foreign immigrants...for Newark to be a step up..you must be leaving one F'd up spot.

Re: Heroin OD In MS [Re: BlackFamily] #917401
07/23/17 11:54 PM
07/23/17 11:54 PM
North Jersey
ItalianIrishMix Offline
Underboss
ItalianIrishMix  Offline
Underboss
North Jersey
If anyone wanted to stay alive, they should be asking around for the worst H in the area, not the best.

I recently entered a detox facility because I could not get off my Oxycodone. I was on it for 8 years. I had 6 total surgeries, 5 of them in 1 years time 2015-2016 (Yes, no lie)...I was up to 300-450 mg a day. I tried so damn hard to stop on my own and I could not do it. Opiates an H are in such a different class of drugs then the others. (I heard from people in there that Meth and Benzos are crazy too)
Once opiates get that grip on you, there is no letting go. Be prepared to have another job, that you have to pay for.
Anyone thinking about going down that road, DON'T!.Go smoke weed if you MUST do something...Those who haven't gotten too deep into it, TURN AROUND NOW. The longer you do it, the longer it is gonna take you to get out of it. It has been 25 days since I stopped and I think I am 85% back to normal but, what do I know, I have been rippin' and runnin for 8 years straight.

Mind Boggling Fact: 4 people in there said they OD'd on one bag. UNBELIEVABLE!!!! People with tolerance OD'ing on 1 bag.

I don't want anyone to die from this and if I can help anyone, I absolutely will. I feel it is my duty.

Last edited by ItalianIrishMix; 07/23/17 11:56 PM.
Re: Heroin OD In MS [Re: ItalianIrishMix] #917403
07/24/17 01:09 AM
07/24/17 01:09 AM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
IIM,

Appreciate you being honest. Do they encourage you to take up old hobbies? Do you lift, run or some other kind of physical activity regularly?

You can beat that shit!

Re: Heroin OD In MS [Re: getthesenets] #917433
07/24/17 04:48 PM
07/24/17 04:48 PM
North Jersey
ItalianIrishMix Offline
Underboss
ItalianIrishMix  Offline
Underboss
North Jersey
Originally Posted By: getthesenets
IIM,

Appreciate you being honest. Do they encourage you to take up old hobbies? Do you lift, run or some other kind of physical activity regularly?

You can beat that shit!

When I was on that crap, I lost all passion for EVERYTHING. It sucked the life out of me. All the things I use to love, I had zero interest in but now, that interest and passion is returning and STRONG.....What worked for me was I believed that I hit rock bottom. I was/is so close to losing my job of 17 years and, I failed to stop on my own. I gave it many attempts and my best attempt kept me awake for 7 days straight. I eventually went back from the pain and misery.....Soon after, I was in tears in my house crying for God to please help me because I cannot beat this on my own....So, in about a few months time, the help came. Something on the inside changed in that place and I feel restored. I believe that I have zero cravings because I am maintaining my connection from above and I am being protected. I wake up everyday and say Thank You for another day on this earth and maintain the connection. If I could think and hustle all day about the drug, I can certainly keep my mind on good thoughts all day.

Also: I and no one else will ever be cured. This is a daily routine that keeps my demons and urges away. If I drop my guard and think I deserve just one, I will be right back where I started..I haven't been this happy in 8 years.

I plan on starting to exercise again real soon. I am only 25 days and body still healing....KEEP MOVING is very important. Lying in bed till you feel like getting up will always fail.

Happy to help anyone!

Re: Heroin OD In MS [Re: ItalianIrishMix] #917434
07/24/17 05:32 PM
07/24/17 05:32 PM
H
Homers77 Offline
Made Member
Homers77  Offline
H
Made Member
Working out will def help a lot....I've been through it.... Oxys and H...

You are going to have good days and bad days so keep your head up and know that if you take 1 you are screwed!

Re: Heroin OD In MS [Re: BlackFamily] #917436
07/24/17 06:04 PM
07/24/17 06:04 PM
BillyBrizzi Offline
Underboss
BillyBrizzi  Offline
Underboss
Thanks a lot for sharing your story with us IIM, I've got nothing but respect and admiration for your honesty and perseverance.

Not a lot of people get through the first 4 weeks and you are almost there, I wish you all the best in your recovery..

FORTIS FORTUNA IUVAT
Re: Heroin OD In MS [Re: BillyBrizzi] #917442
07/24/17 06:41 PM
07/24/17 06:41 PM
North Jersey
ItalianIrishMix Offline
Underboss
ItalianIrishMix  Offline
Underboss
North Jersey
Originally Posted By: BillyBrizzi
Thanks a lot for sharing your story with us IIM, I've got nothing but respect and admiration for your honesty and perseverance.

Not a lot of people get through the first 4 weeks and you are almost there, I wish you all the best in your recovery..

Thank You BB!.....It is others stories that make others believe it is possible. Some kid in there that was living under a bridge when his family abandoned him made me say WOW!...He said complete strangers came up to help all the time, without begging or asking. The good hearted people had a sixth sense that a fellow human needed there help and they acted. If that isn't magical, I don't know what is....Restored my faith almost instantly.

Re: Heroin OD In MS [Re: Homers77] #917443
07/24/17 06:42 PM
07/24/17 06:42 PM
North Jersey
ItalianIrishMix Offline
Underboss
ItalianIrishMix  Offline
Underboss
North Jersey
Originally Posted By: Homers77
Working out will def help a lot....I've been through it.... Oxys and H...

You are going to have good days and bad days so keep your head up and know that if you take 1 you are screwed!

I know that and thank you brother!

Re: Heroin OD In MS [Re: getthesenets] #917520
07/26/17 11:23 PM
07/26/17 11:23 PM
R
RollinBones Offline
Underboss
RollinBones  Offline
R
Underboss
Rollin

WOW!!!!!!
Sounds like the Mariel boat lift in Miami where Castro dumped all the criminals out of Cuba.

Never heard of this.Indentured servants is the perfect term....smart to do it in Philly and not NYC. So many PRs in New York, that within a week they'd be able to locate a distant relative.
Parents are ashamed of their addict kids and just want them to disappear, and these dudes take advantage of that.
WOW!!! Also, these fiends are more valuable than illegals or undocumented workers because they are citizens. WOW!!
If it wasn't such a sucker move to enslave your own people,I could halfway admire this hustle.

I've read about a lot of P.R.s ending up in Camden NJ, which is sort of the twin city to Philly, but they weren't fiends.Just people looking for work. (?) If Camden is a step up from where you're living.....then Puerto Rico is a lot different than what I pictured.
I grew up in Newark,NJ...and I said the same thing to Southern and foreign immigrants...for Newark to be a step up..you must be leaving one F'd up spot.

lmao Great point about NYC they'd be gone within a week. You're right about it being a good, albeit morally bankrupt hustle. Shit I often get mad at myself for not being cold enough to take advantage of people for financial gain, guess I'm just not a shark.

What part of Newark are you from if you don't mind me asking?

Also, ItalianIrishMix, good luck on the road to recovery.

Re: Heroin OD In MS [Re: RollinBones] #917576
07/27/17 09:55 PM
07/27/17 09:55 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
Rollin,
Yes, I used to wonder how people who knowingly exploit people sleep at night but I guess they are wired differently. Opioid drug problem is a case of SEVERAL layers of people not giving a F about their fellow human beings..drug companies,pharmacists,physicians.

We grew up in different parts of Newark. When the area would start getting worse, my Pops would pack us up into a different apartment. 16th Avenue area in a couple of places and then in Vailsburg section in a few spots.

I have a story from when I had to go back around the old way to print something when I was in a pinch. Kid tried to ask me where South Orange Avenue was...like I'm a tourist and he was gonna set me up. smile It wasn't until I stepped away that I realized what he did. He tried to "Chris and Snoop" me on some "who's the hottest dj in Baltimore?" shit.

Re: Heroin OD In MS [Re: RollinBones] #917581
07/28/17 04:12 AM
07/28/17 04:12 AM
North Jersey
ItalianIrishMix Offline
Underboss
ItalianIrishMix  Offline
Underboss
North Jersey
Originally Posted By: RollinBones
Rollin

WOW!!!!!!

lmao Great point about NYC they'd be gone within a week. You're right about it being a good, albeit morally bankrupt hustle. Shit I often get mad at myself for not being cold enough to take advantage of people for financial gain, guess I'm just not a shark.

What part of Newark are you from if you don't mind me asking?

Also, ItalianIrishMix, good luck on the road to recovery.

Thank you RollinBones!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull