GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (CNote, faffy444), 115 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,337
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,712
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,502
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,280
Posts1,057,754
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Alpo allegedly released from prison [Re: MightyDR] #906427
02/09/17 03:54 PM
02/09/17 03:54 PM
getthesenets Offline OP
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline OP
Underboss
You're welcome DR

Now...supposedly he's home and just recently released this photo with one of his sons

Re: Alpo allegedly released from prison [Re: DB] #906433
02/09/17 04:25 PM
02/09/17 04:25 PM
getthesenets Offline OP
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline OP
Underboss
Originally Posted By: DB
Preacher was the real shit uptown , he one of scariest ever . The mafia cop Epploito was the lead officer assigned to the Porter kid kidnapping by Preacher and Apple

Did Preacher snitch?

Re: Alpo allegedly released from prison [Re: tt120] #906436
02/09/17 04:31 PM
02/09/17 04:31 PM
getthesenets Offline OP
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline OP
Underboss
Originally Posted By: tt120
wonder if he'll remain low if he is out or if he'll hit the rap circuit for interviews, party appearances, etc...

i honestly cant see any other way for him to eat unless he does that. a big part of the rap community idolizes this guy, snitch or not. i can see him popping up on IG with a ton of followers in the next year lol

rumor is dame dash threw him a welcome home party but its prob bullshit

he doesnt seem like a sideline type of guy one bit, i bet he'll be doing interviews, hosting mixtapes, maybe even a fashion line down the road. they shoulda given the guy the needle. fuckin snake

When I read this before, I disagreed with the bold part, but I was completely WRONG. Somebody thought it was a good idea for him to pose in photo with his son..and post it on social media.

I only posted it because it's already viral. The children of the men he sent away are grown men now, and since this generation of kids put their entire lives on social media....the wolves know who Alpo's son is, and everything about him.

Re: Alpo allegedly released from prison [Re: getthesenets] #906481
02/10/17 09:00 AM
02/10/17 09:00 AM
B
Blackjack2121 Offline
Underboss
Blackjack2121  Offline
B
Underboss
Originally Posted By: getthesenets
wonder if he'll remain low if he is out or if he'll hit the rap circuit for interviews, party appearances, etc...

i honestly cant see any other way for him to eat unless he does that. a big part of the rap community idolizes this guy, snitch or not. i can see him popping up on IG with a ton of followers in the next year lol

he doesnt seem like a sideline type of guy one bit, i bet he'll be doing interviews, hosting mixtapes, maybe even a fashion line down the road. they shoulda given the guy the needle. fuckin snake

When I read this before, I disagreed with the bold part, but I was completely WRONG. Somebody thought it was a good idea for him to pose in photo with his son..and post it on social media.

I only posted it because it's already viral. The children of the men he sent away are grown men now, and since this generation of kids put their entire lives on social media....the wolves know who Alpo's son is, and everything about him.

Good. He deserves everything he gets over killing Rich over greed and indirectly causing his sons death.

Where is the photo the link is broken?

Re: Alpo allegedly released from prison [Re: Blackjack2121] #906483
02/10/17 10:37 AM
02/10/17 10:37 AM
Massachusetts
southend Offline
Underboss
southend  Offline
Underboss
Massachusetts
Originally Posted By: Blackjack2121

Good. He deserves everything he gets over killing Rich over greed and indirectly causing his sons death.

Where is the photo the link is broken?

If you have Instagram go to @kollegekidd 's feed.

Re: Alpo allegedly released from prison [Re: Blackjack2121] #906496
02/10/17 01:06 PM
02/10/17 01:06 PM
getthesenets Offline OP
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline OP
Underboss

I listened to the direct interview they did with Alpo years ago where he confessed to everything. I've listened to a few Azie interviews and I believe that Richard was in fact taking advantage of Alpo in terms of what he was charging him for the coke.

Whether or not that warrants Po killing him over that is for others to decide, but it was a legitimate gripe. In the crack era, people got shot for stepping on somebody's shoe and not saying sorry......so somebody getting over on you for tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars?

Rich's uncle was involved in the kidnapping of Donnell Porter, so I don't think Preacher's crew had any intention of releasing him alive. Gonna look up the article about Donnell's death to see if they listed forensic evidence after they found the body. The way the story is told, the boy's body was dumped in same area they found Rich's body a few weeks later. Kidnappers knew they wouldn't get ransom anymore, so they tried to pin the death of Donnell on whoever killed Rich.

Re: Alpo allegedly released from prison [Re: getthesenets] #906602
02/12/17 11:06 AM
02/12/17 11:06 AM
Massachusetts
southend Offline
Underboss
southend  Offline
Underboss
Massachusetts
the phone interview with Alpo was interesting. Really could picture it all playing out detail for detail as he described all the murders and how the victims were set up or how Gary killed Alpo's 250k+ a month customer over sleeping with his girl...and then how Alpo eneded up killing Gary for telling people he was going to kill Alpo..so many killers on the streets in that era between Harlem and D.C. alone

Re: Alpo allegedly released from prison [Re: getthesenets] #906605
02/12/17 01:00 PM
02/12/17 01:00 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

Spittting image of camron.

Re: Alpo allegedly released from prison [Re: getthesenets] #906678
02/13/17 04:59 PM
02/13/17 04:59 PM
B
Blackjack2121 Offline
Underboss
Blackjack2121  Offline
B
Underboss

I listened to the direct interview they did with Alpo years ago where he confessed to everything. I've listened to a few Azie interviews and I believe that Richard was in fact taking advantage of Alpo in terms of what he was charging him for the coke.

Whether or not that warrants Po killing him over that is for others to decide, but it was a legitimate gripe. In the crack era, people got shot for stepping on somebody's shoe and not saying sorry......so somebody getting over on you for tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars?

Rich's uncle was involved in the kidnapping of Donnell Porter, so I don't think Preacher's crew had any intention of releasing him alive. Gonna look up the article about Donnell's death to see if they listed forensic evidence after they found the body. The way the story is told, the boy's body was dumped in same area they found Rich's body a few weeks later. Kidnappers knew they wouldn't get ransom anymore, so they tried to pin the death of Donnell on whoever killed Rich.

So what he was charging him what he wanted...it was his connect!

He didnt force him to buy, if he didnt like it or could get it cheaper elsewhere, thats what he should have done.

Re: Alpo allegedly released from prison [Re: getthesenets] #906680
02/13/17 05:15 PM
02/13/17 05:15 PM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
Gets is right though, on the street, within the drug world, that is considered as a negative thing, for overpricing. The real question would be if Rich was overcharging every other dealer buying off of him as well, or if he was just doing it to Alpo. If he was just doing it to Alpo, then I can see why he had him killed.

Re: Alpo allegedly released from prison [Re: SinatraClub] #906683
02/13/17 07:22 PM
02/13/17 07:22 PM
getthesenets Offline OP
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline OP
Underboss
Fellas,

The Alpo interview that I alluded to is worth the listen.Nobody tells a story quite like NY jail dudes..and Po is great in the interview.

SPOILERS if you want to listen to it later.

The dispute with Rich went this way, according to 'Po. Rich and Alpo had a NY connect who supplies them both. Rich is in Harlem,Po in DC...so the connect deals with Rich and Po drives up to get his share of the bricks from Rich. Pays Rich a small commission for putting the money up to get large volume discount from the connect. Rich also has another connect, Fritz.

Rich tells Po that their shared connect hit a dry spell, but his connect Fritz has steady coke.Po comes up a few times and pays the rate that Rich says that Fritz is charging.

Po comes to NY and happens to bump into the connect, and asks him when he's gonna start supplying him again. NY connect says that he's been giving Rich coke steadily for both of them. Po calls BS....and asks the connect to describe the packaging of the latest bricks of coke.Connect describes exactly the packaging of the last batch of coke that Po got from Rich.

Po realizes that Rich had been lying to him for a while, and that rather than charging him the low price that the NY connect agreed to sell bricks to them, he was selling him those same bricks, but telling him that they were from Fritz and he had to pass along the difference in price to Po and charge him much more.

Po's quote is "Rich was lying to me about something he had no reason to lie to me about. And if this little bit of money could come between a friendship, no telling what he'd sell me out for"

Re: Alpo allegedly released from prison [Re: getthesenets] #906686
02/13/17 08:08 PM
02/13/17 08:08 PM
M
MightyDR Offline
Underboss
MightyDR  Offline
M
Underboss
With all the money they were making it baffles me that Rich would do something like that. I guess buying a new pair of sneakers for every day takes its toll.

Alpo's interview is fascinating to me, listened to it several times. So charismatic, such a great storyteller, yet a total psychopath.

Re: Alpo allegedly released from prison [Re: getthesenets] #906693
02/14/17 12:58 AM
02/14/17 12:58 AM
D
dsbaloo Offline
Underboss
dsbaloo  Offline
D
Underboss
The interview with alpo really is fascinating.... he's got a great memory and was far from stupid. He was very schrewd in business... yet in the interview I think he came off pretty truthful... it's messed up that he killed rich but the more I think about the situation the more I almost side with po. In that game all you have is your word.. so when your long term friend you find out is really getting over on you and lying straight to your face while ripping you off.. you really have to wonder like he said.. if rich was really willing to go to those lengths to lie and fuck over his "friend" then who knows what else he was capable of doing.. when stuff like that happens in the game the trust factor goes to 0 and people really start thinking and tripping out considering if rich would set him up just to make more money, would he set him up for a full robbery? Or a murder to take over his customer base? That's the things these guys start thinking .. so In the twisted mind of the streets pro having rich killed was almost justified in my eyes.. it's fucked up but it's all in "the game".....

Re: Alpo allegedly released from prison [Re: getthesenets] #906694
02/14/17 01:05 AM
02/14/17 01:05 AM
D
dsbaloo Offline
Underboss
dsbaloo  Offline
D
Underboss
I think rich was thinking and acting very impulsively.. the thought of taxing pop and making more money took over his common sense..greed clouded his judgement... he was probably thinking fuck it i can make X amount more per bird off pop and since he's in D.C. He will never find out.. bad move cause po did find out.. crazy how a lot of these street guys mob related or not can't resist the quick cash even if In the long run it's a horrible idea. I always tell people it's a marathon not a sprint. /so make smart decisions that are going to pay off long term instead of always going for quick easy shit... think about it if rich would have just been straight up with alpo in the long run he would have ended up making more money and still been alive...

Re: Alpo allegedly released from prison [Re: getthesenets] #906695
02/14/17 01:06 AM
02/14/17 01:06 AM
D
dsbaloo Offline
Underboss
dsbaloo  Offline
D
Underboss
So many street guys get fucked out of greed. Money clouds judgement more than anything in the world. Even more than pussy.. but that's a close second.

Re: Alpo allegedly released from prison [Re: getthesenets] #906702
02/14/17 08:34 AM
02/14/17 08:34 AM
B
Blackjack2121 Offline
Underboss
Blackjack2121  Offline
B
Underboss
Fellas,

The Alpo interview that I alluded to is worth the listen.Nobody tells a story quite like NY jail dudes..and Po is great in the interview.

SPOILERS if you want to listen to it later.

The dispute with Rich went this way, according to 'Po. Rich and Alpo had a NY connect who supplies them both. Rich is in Harlem,Po in DC...so the connect deals with Rich and Po drives up to get his share of the bricks from Rich. Pays Rich a small commission for putting the money up to get large volume discount from the connect. Rich also has another connect, Fritz.

Rich tells Po that their shared connect hit a dry spell, but his connect Fritz has steady coke.Po comes up a few times and pays the rate that Rich says that Fritz is charging.

Po comes to NY and happens to bump into the connect, and asks him when he's gonna start supplying him again. NY connect says that he's been giving Rich coke steadily for both of them. Po calls BS....and asks the connect to describe the packaging of the latest bricks of coke.Connect describes exactly the packaging of the last batch of coke that Po got from Rich.

Po realizes that Rich had been lying to him for a while, and that rather than charging him the low price that the NY connect agreed to sell bricks to them, he was selling him those same bricks, but telling him that they were from Fritz and he had to pass along the difference in price to Po and charge him much more.

Po's quote is "Rich was lying to me about something he had no reason to lie to me about. And if this little bit of money could come between a friendship, no telling what he'd sell me out for"

Well, this makes more sense...IF TRUE.

This is coming from a sociopath, so I take it with a grain of salt.

Did Azie back up the story?

Re: Alpo allegedly released from prison [Re: Blackjack2121] #906704
02/14/17 11:16 AM
02/14/17 11:16 AM
getthesenets Offline OP
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline OP
Underboss
BlackJack,

I formed my opinion based on interviews and docs. where the key players spoke for themselves...Azie,Alpo and one of Rich Porter's sisters.

I tend to think that Po told the truth about the Rich situation. Alpo had been targeted in an attempted kidnapping in DC years before. He was shot and hospitalized for a while. So this ruthless cunning street dude became even more ruthless and cunning (and paranoid). Killing Rich for lying to him and ripping him off seems like what Po would do. If he was doing that to somebody, he'd fear being discovered and being killed also.
In the interviews, you see that he fully understands that in the streets, once person has no use for you, you get killed. He mentioned repeatedly that how he was able to handle/control a DEMON like Wayne Perry. He said that he kept WP away from the details about stashes/money because he was worth more to him alive than dead.
Po's main value to any DC guy is that he was plugged into to NY area connects directly. He could match or beat the prices that DC drug dealers were paying to their other suppliers.
Rich was valuable to Po in that he was able to maintain relationship to their NY connect....and help provide Po with steady supply of coke.

The story of killing Rich and the reasons makes logical sense. In fact, that's the only way it makes sense. Why else would Po kill Rich if he was helping him make money?

Re: Alpo allegedly released from prison [Re: getthesenets] #906707
02/14/17 11:44 AM
02/14/17 11:44 AM
Hudson County NJ
D
DB Offline
Underboss
DB  Offline
D
Underboss
Hudson County NJ
Getthese right on the $ here , literally

Po understood the game and would of let Rich take a small servicing profit - say $500 a K but when he found out that number was $1500+ and he did the math

30 K a month x $1500 per K is over $500k a year & he flipped the fuck out , as he should .

Given their tight friendship Po could of stepped to him first but chose not too ( the $ math prolly F'd his head up where he couldn't let it go ). Who was right depends who you like more and / or how serious you take the game but Po was fully justified in killing him based on how he saw things at that time ( he was targeted for killing and robbery a bunch of times and I'm sure got beat several times ). Po was at the death level part and did what he had to do but afterwards and prolly still feels bad about it , especially now that he out of the biz and thinking differently .

Re: Alpo allegedly released from prison [Re: Blackjack2121] #906708
02/14/17 11:53 AM
02/14/17 11:53 AM
getthesenets Offline OP
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline OP
Underboss
Did Azie back up the story?

In the America's Most Evil episode..

SPOILER

When they have the segment about Po's stated reasons for killing Rich...they show Azie's reaction and his exact words to the allegations are

"Well, Rich ain't in business working for free"

Re: Alpo allegedly released from prison [Re: getthesenets] #906712
02/14/17 02:56 PM
02/14/17 02:56 PM
Hudson County NJ
D
DB Offline
Underboss
DB  Offline
D
Underboss
Hudson County NJ
Missed your question GT but yeah Preacher snitched and I believe he convinced his son to as well who was one of their top hit men .

Some cold shit their played by the Feds as that dude was a straight monster

Re: Alpo allegedly released from prison [Re: DB] #906713
02/14/17 03:28 PM
02/14/17 03:28 PM
getthesenets Offline OP
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline OP
Underboss
DB,

Thanks..I wonder why law enforcement allows the head to co-operate and build cases against the followers. Wouldn't Preacher be the guy they really wanted?

Re: Alpo allegedly released from prison [Re: getthesenets] #906717
02/14/17 04:29 PM
02/14/17 04:29 PM
Hudson County NJ
D
DB Offline
Underboss
DB  Offline
D
Underboss
Hudson County NJ
He ran with a guy in his crew that was almost hos equal

Some guy named John I think that was a cop in the jects

This dude Jon was on par w Preach and did tons of dirty work and very feared so they probably needed Preach info to really dismantle the crew.

My guess is w Preach , he in for life anyway as I think he was looking at the death so the Feds said what's the difference , get Preach and his son to turn out the whole crew and putting both co-ops away for life too . Just a guess tho

Re: Alpo allegedly released from prison [Re: getthesenets] #906721
02/14/17 05:03 PM
02/14/17 05:03 PM
B
Blackjack2121 Offline
Underboss
Blackjack2121  Offline
B
Underboss
BlackJack,

I formed my opinion based on interviews and docs. where the key players spoke for themselves...Azie,Alpo and one of Rich Porter's sisters.

I tend to think that Po told the truth about the Rich situation. Alpo had been targeted in an attempted kidnapping in DC years before. He was shot and hospitalized for a while. So this ruthless cunning street dude became even more ruthless and cunning (and paranoid). Killing Rich for lying to him and ripping him off seems like what Po would do. If he was doing that to somebody, he'd fear being discovered and being killed also.
In the interviews, you see that he fully understands that in the streets, once person has no use for you, you get killed. He mentioned repeatedly that how he was able to handle/control a DEMON like Wayne Perry. He said that he kept WP away from the details about stashes/money because he was worth more to him alive than dead.
Po's main value to any DC guy is that he was plugged into to NY area connects directly. He could match or beat the prices that DC drug dealers were paying to their other suppliers.
Rich was valuable to Po in that he was able to maintain relationship to their NY connect....and help provide Po with steady supply of coke.

The story of killing Rich and the reasons makes logical sense. In fact, that's the only way it makes sense. Why else would Po kill Rich if he was helping him make money?

Maybe because he was a shady/greedy guy and wanted rich out of the picture to either steal his connect for himself(if it wasnt shared) and gain access to his territory or customer base in addition to his other bases. (Greed)

Perfectly logical as well imo.

Re: Alpo allegedly released from prison [Re: DB] #906779
02/15/17 11:07 AM
02/15/17 11:07 AM
getthesenets Offline OP
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline OP
Underboss
Originally Posted By: DB
He ran with a guy in his crew that was almost hos equal

Some guy named John I think that was a cop in the jects

This dude Jon was on par w Preach and did tons of dirty work and very feared so they probably needed Preach info to really dismantle the crew.

My guess is w Preach , he in for life anyway as I think he was looking at the death so the Feds said what's the difference , get Preach and his son to turn out the whole crew and putting both co-ops away for life too . Just a guess tho

Thanks. There was a dirty cop down with them, you're right.

Re: Alpo allegedly released from prison [Re: Blackjack2121] #906780
02/15/17 11:12 AM
02/15/17 11:12 AM
getthesenets Offline OP
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline OP
Underboss
Maybe because he was a shady/greedy guy and wanted rich out of the picture to either steal his connect for himself(if it wasnt shared) and gain access to his territory or customer base in addition to his other bases. (Greed)

If you follow the chain of events, your theories don't really add up.

Re: Alpo allegedly released from prison [Re: getthesenets] #918108
08/07/17 10:35 AM
08/07/17 10:35 AM
getthesenets Offline OP
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline OP
Underboss
BlackJack,

I re-read this thread and you might be right. It's more likely that Po killed Rich for shorting him and lying about the source of the coke BUT....there is a slight chance that Rich was killed so that Alpo wouldn't have to pay him for the drugs he fronted him.

Re: Alpo allegedly released from prison [Re: getthesenets] #918110
08/07/17 11:32 AM
08/07/17 11:32 AM
getthesenets Offline OP
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline OP
Underboss
just read an article that Seth Ferranti did for the Huff Post

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/what...4b09e26b6d768fd

Quote:

What Don Diva Magazine Means To The Incarcerated
07/16/2017 03:47 pm ET | Updated Jul 18, 2017

Known and respected in the streets, prisons, and hip-hop circles worldwide- Don Diva, which bills itself “the original street bible,” is known for the integrity it exercises in telling the stories of the notorious drug lords and street legends that populate street lore.

Unlike other street magazines, which take a more exploitive angle like the tabloids, Don Diva’s reputation in the American criminal justice system is unblemished. Respected by both career prison gangsters and those using their time to reform and rehabilitate themselves. Don Diva is about providing the information that the mainstream media doesn’t, information that those in prison and in the streets need. And due to the magazine’s relationships with the men that have been lionized in hip-hop’s lyrical lore as stars of the drug game Don Diva get’s the stories straight from the source, not going the New York Times-sanitized route.

I’ve written a bunch of cover stories for the magazine including the Supreme Team, Boobie Boys, and Cash Money Brothers features. While in prison I used to write under Soul Man because the prison authorities would throw me in the hole for writing articles and even transfer me to higher security level prisons. This persecution strengthened my skill as I kept writing, publishing 8 books on gangsters and prison life and also founding Gorilla Convict from the cell block. Telling tales that would have otherwise never been heard. Straight from the voices of convicts.

People out here in the real world don’t really know what a “street magazine” like Don Diva means to those incarcerated. Don Diva isn’t the only magazine in the genre, with F.E.D.S., As Is, and Street Elements having been in the game at one time or another, but none of them consistently publishes like Don Diva, which is over 60 issues strong and has been publishing since 1999, while founder Kevin Chiles was still serving time for a drug conspiracy charge. To find out what Don Diva means to the incarcerated I reached back inside to some of my former cellmates and some of the street legends I’ve written about for the magazine.

“It means two things,” Plex, who’s doing life at USP Coleman for his convictions on the Boobie Boy case out of Miami, tells me. “He probably ain’t never going home, and it means he’s a stand up dude that was about his business. Its like an honor.” And Plex should know, I wrote and interviewed him about his case for issue 41, which profiled the street kings of Dade County. But like Plex inferred, street fame usually means life in prison or death. And that’s the cautionary tale or underlying theme that Don Diva stresses. Despite the glorification of the magazine among convicted criminals.

“If someone has a story featured in Don Diva or F.E.D.S., you already know that they’re about something.” Judge, serving 18 years at USP Big Sandy, tells me. “But most of the time, you already know that when they walk in. Dudes will use it as a bragging tool though. Like, ‘My case was in Don Diva.’ They’ll pretty much be rock stars when the magazine comes out. Dudes will try to holler at them about their connects and what they were doing. More so on trying to get put down, then really giving a fuck.”

Motives aside, the magazine is cherished in prison systems nationwide. When I would get copies in, which I did regularly, guys would have dibs on checking the magazine out twenty men deep. Eventually after I let my main dudes see it I’d give it away to someone just so dudes couldn’t keep asking me for it. They would sweat me to death to check out a Don Diva magazine. But I was the same way if I didn’t get my copy in.

“Don Diva is like the Wall Street Journal of gangsta lore.” Titi, whose doing 20 years for a drug conspiracy, tells me. “And being that they don’t let them in the pens, it’s like reading a rare or lost book of the bible when someone manages to get one in. Don Diva’s status among dudes in here is impeccable.” And since prisoners love it, the magazine is detested by prison administrators and mail room officials who’ve been rejecting the magazine and not allowing it into their prisons since its inception. Due in part to the perception that the magazine is detrimental to the security, good order, or discipline of the institution and/or that it facilitates criminal activity.

“We do have a problem getting them in if the cover is on them.” Rob, doing a life sentence for drugs at FCI Terre Haute, tells me. “The mail room doesn’t seem to have a problem with them when the covers are changed or torn off. Being in these magazine is like a badge of honor in here. If the person is a rat, it would be detrimental to them. The mailroom is super on point about letting anything in here that will glamorize anything, or make motherfuckers feel good or informed.”

The federal Bureau of Prisons and other prison systems make such a big deal about rejecting Don Diva magazine yet the same types of articles, taken verbatim from court records or a prosecutor’s press release, come into prison all the time via The New York Times or The Washington Post or any other major publication. Plus you can read about these big cases and who the snitches are if they are published in the law books. Every prison has a law library. Talk about blatant censorship.

Despite all this the BOP can’t legally ban a magazine and copies of Don Diva regularly make it inside. Some sensible wardens allow the magazine on their compound and some mailroom staff just doesn’t care or feel the reading of such material causes problems. To the men behind the fences Don Diva is considered the truth, everything else is fake news.

“Being featured in Don Diva magazine or F.E.D.S. was a way that guys got exposure and were able to deliver a message to the communities they came from.” The infamous stick-up kid, King Tut, doing a life sentence for the unjust three strikes law, tells me. “It was epic to be in a position that enabled you to surrender your truth to the world without having to worry about words being changed or distortions. They would allow the world to receive you just the way you delivered your message.

“The magazines also enabled you to enhance your value or attract people who could be of benefit to you. I’m genuinely grateful for those outlets, because there are so many voices that would have never been heard and faces we would have never seen if it wasn’t for those magazines being direct and from the grassroots.”

Thats how I felt when I was inside writing and doing these stories. It was exclusive, it was on the cutting edge, and even though I was in prison already I still risked getting locked up in the hole for writing about other prisoners. It wasn’t against the rules to do so, I had a right to write, but depending on the subject matter, it was highly frowned upon. I had many talks with prison administrators about my writing. I’m sure they were happy when I left the system finally, after completing my sentence. And being out in the world I know that people have no idea how much these street mag’s mean to those incarcerated due to the drug war.

“It is extremely big to have your story featured in Don Diva or F.E.D.S.,” Shocker, who is doing 405 months for being in Pappy Mason’s Bebo crew, tells me.”You know most of these cats is jock riders, real live groupies, and wanna-be gangsters talking about living that thug life. Many are called, but only a few are chosen. Don Diva’s reputation is solid, as good as gold in here. They don’t call it the street bible for nothing.” I wrote about Shocker and his time in the streets under Fat Cat and Pappy Mason in F.E.D.S.

Guys used to come up to me on the yard and try to convince me that I needed to write about them. They would bring newspaper clippings from their hometown newspaper. I would just be honest with them- that’s the best course in prison, don’t leave anything open- and tell them that unless their case had a minimum of 50 articles in the papers, then it wasn’t big enough for me to write about. I was writing about gangs like MS-13 and the Green Dragons and gangsters like Kenneth “Supreme” McGriff from the Supreme Team, Wayne Perry, and Rayful Edmond, guys who had upwards of 500 or more articles written about their drug dealing and criminal exploits. I probably hurt a lot of dudes ego’s, but I only wrote about the creme of the crop of crack era gangsters.

To me this 1980s and 90s gangsta shit was like the Wild, Wild West, but set in the age of hip-hop. I was the chronicler, weaving the Billy the Kid-like tales, but to Don Diva it was as important to educate as it was to entertain. Priding itself on telling the stories that the mainstream media couldn’t get, Don Diva has found its niche among people who have time to read a magazine- hip-hop industry insiders and power brokers, drug lords and prisoners, and rappers, wanna-be’s, and true crime aficionados. But with the website they have expanded their audience and continue to do so by telling more diverse, yet still impactful stories of the criminal justice system and who it targets.

“Two particular individuals we featured stood out for us,” Don Diva founder, Kevin Chiles, tells me. “One being the former mayor of Detroit Kwame Kilpatrick and the other Paul Bergin a once prominent federal prosecutor and acclaimed criminal defense lawyer whom both unfortunately found themselves behind bars. They both realized how influential Don Diva magazine was in the jails as well as in their communities and asked us to feature theirs plights in our magazine.”

Since it’s inception Don Diva has been about something bigger. They went global and 24/7 with their website launch a few years ago. For a quarterly magazine that was a big gamble and a gamble that has paid off with tons of traffic and continued interest in the site and back issues of the magazine. Writing for Don Diva while I served my time was an honor for me also. When I stepped on any compound on the East Coast guys on the pound knew who I was due to my affiliation and writing for the magazine. But from the inside I saw the reality of the world in which we live. A world that is chronicled in all it’s unfairness in Don Diva’s pages. Attempting to give the oppressed a voice and those buried in the belly of the beast a forum.

Re: Alpo allegedly released from prison [Re: getthesenets] #951051
08/22/18 06:15 PM
08/22/18 06:15 PM
B
Blackmobs Offline
Underboss
Blackmobs  Offline
B
Underboss
Haitian Jack slapped Alpo, accordingly to Spliff

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SydFEltJaFU

Re: Alpo allegedly released from prison [Re: getthesenets] #951062
08/22/18 09:06 PM
08/22/18 09:06 PM
K
kingoflittlenewyork Offline
Capo
kingoflittlenewyork  Offline
K
Capo
Originally Posted by getthesenets
Originally Posted by DB
Preacher was the real shit uptown , he one of scariest ever . The mafia cop Epploito was the lead officer assigned to the Porter kid kidnapping by Preacher and Apple

Did Preacher snitch?

His son did.

The Alpo Story is on YouTube, so is game over.

Never forget I had just started making moves when I first saw Paid In Full. It's funny now but just for that night while I laid in bed I thought I was dead already. Goofy shit. Didnt stop nothin tho. Taught me wholesale on the streets though, get it and get it gone.

Re: Alpo allegedly released from prison [Re: getthesenets] #951064
08/22/18 09:11 PM
08/22/18 09:11 PM
K
kingoflittlenewyork Offline
Capo
kingoflittlenewyork  Offline
K
Capo
Originally Posted by getthesenets
Originally Posted by Blackjack2121

If you follow the chain of events, your theories don't really add up.

If you listen to Alpo interview, it all can down to Rich adding a surcharge to coke front to him and Alpo by Alpos connect. When the guy fronted Rich the coke(with Nixon's head stamped on it) it was for Rich and Alpo. Instead of giving it to Alpo for what he got it for he added $3000 a key.

Listen to the interview, it explains every murder.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull