GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (JGil916, 1 invisible), 133 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,337
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,712
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,502
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,280
Posts1,057,756
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Billy Veasey's son/John's nephew #858651
09/02/15 06:47 PM
09/02/15 06:47 PM
B
Blackjack2121 Offline OP
Underboss
Blackjack2121  Offline OP
B
Underboss
I saw him post on wags wifes account..I am assuming he is the son of Johns brother...Billy Veasey who was hit by Merlino and company

Isnt that weird...his dad was killed by the Merlino group...and he is posting on a wags page who is Merlino's best friend?

Did he have no clue about his uncle and why his dad was killed? He had to know

Re: Billy Veasey's son/John's nephew [Re: Blackjack2121] #858661
09/02/15 07:18 PM
09/02/15 07:18 PM
G
gangstereport Offline
Underboss
gangstereport  Offline
G
Underboss
Who knows really half of those guys love each other the other hate each other how guys can work for the same guys who killed there father and brothers

It's impossible to understand the philly guys he knows joey did it but prob likes Ray wags ignore him and joey friendship but like I said who knows those guys make no sense to me

Not connected with scott or anyone at gangsterreport

Sorry for the confusion
Re: Billy Veasey's son/John's nephew [Re: Blackjack2121] #858665
09/02/15 07:40 PM
09/02/15 07:40 PM
S
Southphilly4ever Offline
Made Member
Southphilly4ever  Offline
S
Made Member
Yes this is Billy's son and I seen him often around many of people in the Merlino crew which I find strange, especially Cathy Chang who's husband was the accused murderer of his father but was cleared.

Re: Billy Veasey's son/John's nephew [Re: Blackjack2121] #858668
09/02/15 07:51 PM
09/02/15 07:51 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

Well he had the option of learning from his father and uncle's mistakes and not repeating them - the option of bettering himself - and he had the option of falling in with the same crowd that left him without a father and ruined so many lives.

Obviously, he is too lazy and moronic to do what any person with a semblance of intelligence and dignity would do put in his situation and he just wants to be another deadbeat knockaround guy.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: Billy Veasey's son/John's nephew [Re: Southphilly4ever] #858677
09/02/15 08:15 PM
09/02/15 08:15 PM
G
gangstereport Offline
Underboss
gangstereport  Offline
G
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Southphilly4ever
Yes this is Billy's son and I seen him often around many of people in the Merlino crew which I find strange, especially Cathy Chang who's husband was the accused murderer of his father but was cleared.

it makes no sense to me. I know a lot of italien kids have there heads up joey merlinos arse and will do anything to be around the guy but come on the guy had your father whacked.

Then again johnny chang worked for the guys who killed his brother and the narducci brothers worked for scarfo even though he whacked there father

i understand people want to be gangsters back then in the 80s but its the 21st fucking century is the pull for the life that strong

Not connected with scott or anyone at gangsterreport

Sorry for the confusion
Re: Billy Veasey's son/John's nephew [Re: Blackjack2121] #858684
09/02/15 10:06 PM
09/02/15 10:06 PM
Baltimore
HandsomeStevie Offline
Underboss
HandsomeStevie  Offline
Underboss
Baltimore
I know John and Billys nephew from there brother Dante aka Peanut.. his name is Dante, he is about 35 and lives in South Jersey these days but grew up in south philly.. He was always a big for nothing scumbag. And the father Peanut, even bigger scumbag.. Peanut actually went to Joeys Avenue Cafe, after Billy was hit, looking for Joey. joey wasnt there.... ill find the article and post it... There are a bunch of Veaseys in Philly/South Jersey.

Last edited by HandsomeStevie; 09/02/15 11:56 PM.

Death Before Dishonor
Re: Billy Veasey's son/John's nephew [Re: Blackjack2121] #858692
09/02/15 11:56 PM
09/02/15 11:56 PM
Baltimore
HandsomeStevie Offline
Underboss
HandsomeStevie  Offline
Underboss
Baltimore
Unwelcome Cafe Guests Police And Rivals Haunt Joey Merlino's Espresso Bar.
By George Anastasia and Ralph Cipriano, INQUIRER STAFF WRITERS
Posted: October 26, 1995

Joseph "Skinny Joey" Merlino stood in the doorway of his espresso bar on Passyunk Avenue, puffing on a fat cigar.

As Catholic schoolgirls strolled by in plaid skirts and blue uniforms, the reputed mobster glared at two cops who sat in a marked patrol car parked across the street. The cops stared right back.

Merlino, 33, doesn't think much of the extra police detail that's been assigned to guard his Avenue Cafe up to 12 hours a day, seven days a week, since Dante "Peanuts" Veasey stopped by for a chat two weeks ago.

"That's where your tax dollars go," Merlino said.

He said he's used to unwanted attention from police.

"They've been doing it for five years," he said.

The police have been staking out Merlino's coffee bar and cigar shop since Oct. 14, when Peanuts Veasey strolled into the store at 1:30 p.m. and said he was "looking for Joey," according to police sources.

Veasey is the brother of mob hit-man-turned-government informant John Veasey and William "Billy" Veasey, who was gunned down in a gangland-style hit earlier this month. A store employee told Veasey that Merlino wasn't there, and Peanuts left without a fuss, according to sources.

Merlino was not talking about that incident yesterday, but it is clear from court testimony, investigative reports and other sources that it has been more that just unwanted police attention that Merlino has attracted during his brief but highly publicized career as one of South Philadelphia's best-known and most-easily recognized goodfellas.

Forget Get Shorty. One of the longest-running shows downtown has been Get Joey. And Peanuts Veasey, according to several sources, hardly makes the A list.

In fact, Merlino has been ducking and dodging since 1989.

Long before he became an impresario specializing in espresso, cappuccino and fine cigars, he was number one on the hit lists of former Philadelphia mob bosses Nicodemo "Little Nicky" Scarfo and John Stanfa.

Both wanted him dead.

Neither got his wish.

Now both are in jail, Scarfo serving what amounts to a life sentence and Stanfa on trial in a racketeering case that carries a similar penalty.

Merlino, meanwhile, stands smiling in the doorway of his Passyunk Avenue coffee shop, and his legend grows.

Sure, he did two years in jail for a 1989 armored-truck heist in which $352,000 was stolen, but the thing that's important out on the streets is that, to this day, the money was never recovered.

And yes, he got pinched for a parole violation in 1993 and was sent back into the can for a year. But remember, say the wags on the corner, this is when Stanfa was trying to have him whacked, so the feds were doing Joey a favor by tucking him away in the joint.

That Stanfa wanted to kill him has been documented daily in the ongoing racketeering trial of the mob boss and seven associates in U.S. District Court.

Testimony and secretly recorded conversations played for the jury indicate that the Sicilian-born Stanfa was obsessed with Merlino and his associates during a bloody mob war that raged in 1993, referring to them derisively as the "little Americans" and plotting continually to have them bumped off.

If that testimony is to be believed, Merlino - who was wounded in the buttocks in a Aug. 5, 1993, ambush - walked away from nearly a dozen other murder attempts without a scratch.

Hit men armed with shotguns, pistols, rifles and a homemade bomb hunted Merlino on a daily basis for most of the late summer and early fall of 1993.

The bomb - a pipe stuffed with four pounds of explosive and rigged with blasting caps - was planted at least a half dozen times under or near a car believed to be Merlino's, but each time a remote control detonator malfunctioned.

Once, hit man Philip Colletti testified, Merlino was unknowingly leaning directly over the explosive that had been placed under some trash along a low brick wall outside the Cuthbert Street apartment building where Merlino was living.

As Colletti and some associates watched from a hiding place, "Merlino leaned against the wall and did some stretching exercises."

But when Colletti pushed the button on the detonator, nothing happened.

Dumb luck or nine lives, Merlino is a survivor.

So while Peanuts Veasey's visit to the coffee shop two weeks ago may have attracted police attention, it was not a major event on Merlino's social calendar.

Police are also investigating another incident later that day that may be connected.

At 5 p.m., Eric Pizzo, 22, of South Philadelphia, was beaten up by two unidentified men in the 1800 block of Passyunk, a block away from Merlino's cafe.

According to police, the two assailants had Pizzo down on his knees, punching him, and yelling, "Next time you snitch, you're dead."

Pizzo, according to police, refused treatment and refused to identify his attackers. Police, however, believe Merlino's associates may have been responsible.

Those two incidents prompted the extra police detail. Police sources say they want to prevent any further violence, as well as any drive-by attacks against Merlino.

Merlino doesn't seem too worried.

Yesterday, he was sitting in his cafe, munching on a chicken cutlet sandwich from Tony Luke's, a popular sandwich shop at Front and Oregon. And he was talking about the free turkey dinner that he's hosting Nov. 21 for about 40 children at the so-called Tent City homeless settlement in North Philadelphia.

Merlino has a sign in the window of his coffee shop that says, "Donations for the Tent City Children greatly appreciated."

He said taking care of the unfortunate is a Merlino family tradition, beginning with his mother and uncles.

The dinner, from 3 to 5 p.m. at his shop, will feature "turkey, sweet potatoes, salad, cranberry sauce and pie," Merlino said. And that's not all.

"We'll have a Santa Claus here to give out toys," he said. Asked who would play Santa, the reputed mob underboss said, "I don't know. We gotta find one."

Death Before Dishonor
Re: Billy Veasey's son/John's nephew [Re: Blackjack2121] #858695
09/03/15 02:31 AM
09/03/15 02:31 AM
spmob Offline
Underboss
spmob  Offline
Underboss
Peanut was pretty crazy from what I know of his past. I think after Billy died n John ratted he changed his last make to his mother's maiden name. Not sure if done for real legally or just adopted it and not sure bout these days. There were about 5 or 6 veaseys I believe or were at one time

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull