GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (jace, 1 invisible), 102 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,332
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,699
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,500
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,277
Posts1,057,679
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
what are some things that makes a good don/boss? #857023
08/21/15 10:38 AM
08/21/15 10:38 AM
D
donplugconnected Offline OP
Made Member
donplugconnected  Offline OP
D
Made Member
what are some things that don carlo gambino had that made him successful in the mafia? what made carlo stay out of jail but not luciano? what made carlo's people respect him more than genovesse was respected?

ma tongue hold life my belt hold death.
make em bite the dust when they hit the floor.
4-5 to there chest us folk from gangsterbb aint playing.
we smoke everyone in this b word like a hookah now.
stupid steve hit the corner shooting.
Re: what are some things that makes a good don/boss? [Re: donplugconnected] #857024
08/21/15 11:04 AM
08/21/15 11:04 AM
Good ole USA
R
rockstar_man45 Offline
Capo
rockstar_man45  Offline
R
Capo
Good ole USA
Well I know he didn't beat up and rob an old lady and have his Asian friend shoot her in the leg. So that's probably one thing he didn't do in order to be respected.

Re: what are some things that makes a good don/boss? [Re: donplugconnected] #857041
08/21/15 12:30 PM
08/21/15 12:30 PM
B
Belmont Offline
Underboss
Belmont  Offline
B
Underboss
Simple: leadership ability which i firmly believe is a trait you are born with. Some people have it, others dont.
A leader can have subordinates do whatever they are told because they believe in what the leader says and sometimes they do it just to feel accepted by the leader. Think about it, why would a six foot two, 280 pound guy as tough as nails do everything carlo gambino or anthony casso told him to do???
Leaders carry themselves in a certain way. Some leaders are kind of introverted and keep to themselves but yet they can have 100 men do whatever they want.
I also think intelligence is a factor.

Re: what are some things that makes a good don/boss? [Re: Belmont] #857043
08/21/15 12:34 PM
08/21/15 12:34 PM
Good ole USA
R
rockstar_man45 Offline
Capo
rockstar_man45  Offline
R
Capo
Good ole USA
Originally Posted By: Belmont
Simple: leadership ability which i firmly believe is a trait you are born with. Some people have it, others dont.
A leader can have subordinates do whatever they are told because they believe in what the leader says and sometimes they do it just to feel accepted by the leader. Think about it, why would a six foot two, 280 pound guy as tough as nails do everything carlo gambino or anthony casso told him to do???
Leaders carry themselves in a certain way. Some leaders are kind of introverted and keep to themselves but yet they can have 100 men do whatever they want.

For Christ's sake don't even give this guy a worthy response. He's a longtime troll and a criminal.

Re: what are some things that makes a good don/boss? [Re: rockstar_man45] #857225
08/22/15 04:58 PM
08/22/15 04:58 PM
D
Made Member
D
Made Member
yea i'm the troll you not only commented on my last question but the question before that trolling. please stop harassing me on a forum website. thank you alot.

Re: what are some things that makes a good don/boss? [Re: Belmont] #857226
08/22/15 04:59 PM
08/22/15 04:59 PM
D
Made Member
D
Made Member
thank you great answer!

Re: what are some things that makes a good don/boss? [Re: Belmont] #857227
08/22/15 05:03 PM
08/22/15 05:03 PM
D
Made Member
D
Made Member
beore carlo gambino made his come up to boss he wasn't a threatening person i read. i read that he was treated like a goof by albert anastasia. maybe it was in the mafia encyclopedia i read it but i am positive i read about it.

Re: what are some things that makes a good don/boss? [Re: rockstar_man45] #857243
08/22/15 06:51 PM
08/22/15 06:51 PM
Buffalo, NY
C
Carosophia Offline
Wiseguy
Carosophia  Offline
C
Wiseguy
Buffalo, NY
Originally Posted By: rockstar_man45

For Christ's sake don't even give this guy a worthy response. He's a longtime troll and a criminal.

May I ask, what exactly is wrong with his line of thought? Seems spot on to me.

Do the right thing
Re: what are some things that makes a good don/boss? [Re: donplugconnected] #857245
08/22/15 07:02 PM
08/22/15 07:02 PM
Alfa Romeo Offline
Underboss
Alfa Romeo  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: donplugconnected
what are some things that don carlo gambino had that made him successful in the mafia? what made carlo stay out of jail but not luciano? what made carlo's people respect him more than genovesse was respected?

To answer each and every question in their proper order, Carlo benefitted from impeccable criminal pedigree. That means it was by fact of his birth inherited position that made him the fulcrum point between the American Gambino blood family, and the Sicilian Gambino blood family. I am not referring to the criminal enterprise known as "the Gambino Family".

Carlo stayed out of jail and not Luciano because Carlo didn't have a hot head like Al Capone making waves. Al Capone brought the heat and media attention. Then politicians/prosecutors like Dewey wanted a scapegoat. Lucky Luciano was considered the top criminal mastermind....and a career making bust if you could take him down. Didn't Dewey eventually run for President?

Carlo was more respected because he was not just old school, but old country Sicilian. He had an old fashioned mafioso sense of manhood and honor. We read about it when we hear anecdotes about women in Little Italy throwing flowers down onto Carlo from the windows above, or when he publicly upbraided a made man for frequenting around town in public with a woman not his wife. There are many other events which raised Carlo's esteem in the eyes of onlookers, like the time he supposedly had a man put into a meat grinder alive for sexing the wives of made men, or the time a capo named Mimi Scialo was whacked and then paved over with concrete for harassing Carlo in public.

Carlo was looked at like a king by many, but not by all.

"For us, rubbin'out a Mustache was just like makin' way for a new building, like we was in the construction business."
Re: what are some things that makes a good don/boss? [Re: rockstar_man45] #857246
08/22/15 07:04 PM
08/22/15 07:04 PM
Buffalo, NY
C
Carosophia Offline
Wiseguy
Carosophia  Offline
C
Wiseguy
Buffalo, NY
Originally Posted By: rockstar_man45

May I ask, what exactly is wrong with his line of thought? Seems spot on to me.

Do the right thing
Re: what are some things that makes a good don/boss? [Re: Alfa Romeo] #857284
08/23/15 06:21 AM
08/23/15 06:21 AM
CleanBandit Offline
Capo
CleanBandit  Offline
Capo
Originally Posted By: Alfa Romeo
Carlo was more respected because he was not just old school, but old country Sicilian. He had an old fashioned mafioso sense of manhood and honor. We read about it when we hear anecdotes about women in Little Italy throwing flowers down onto Carlo from the windows above, or when he publicly upbraided a made man for frequenting around town in public with a woman not his wife. There are many other events which raised Carlo's esteem in the eyes of onlookers, like the time he supposedly had a man put into a meat grinder alive for sexing the wives of made men...

I've got to admit I've never heard any of these things. Where did you read that?

Re: what are some things that makes a good don/boss? [Re: CleanBandit] #857701
08/26/15 12:28 PM
08/26/15 12:28 PM
Alfa Romeo Offline
Underboss
Alfa Romeo  Offline
Underboss
@Cleanbandit, I'll try to source some of that for you, stand by.

"For us, rubbin'out a Mustache was just like makin' way for a new building, like we was in the construction business."
Re: what are some things that makes a good don/boss? [Re: donplugconnected] #857702
08/26/15 12:31 PM
08/26/15 12:31 PM
Alfa Romeo Offline
Underboss
Alfa Romeo  Offline
Underboss
Here's one Cleanbandit, from "World's Greatest True Crime" page 25:

Link

Re: what are some things that makes a good don/boss? [Re: donplugconnected] #857704
08/26/15 12:44 PM
08/26/15 12:44 PM
Alfa Romeo Offline
Underboss
Alfa Romeo  Offline
Underboss
The original poster asked what makes a good Boss. The top bosses

a) ruled through terror, and b) had great government connections.

I's not enough to have politicians, police, and judges in your pocket. You need to be connected to US.GOV

That's my opinion.

If you went against Carlo, he'd put you in a grinder. If you went against Profaci, he'd throw you in a furnace. If you went against Luciano, you ended up in the electric chair being executed by the state. It's as simple as that. The original charter members of the Commission weren't playing games with anybody because they knew they were delicate brainy men surrounded by big brawny serial killers, thousands and thousands of serial killers. They knew they had to get these people's attention, and that's exactly what they did.

Re: what are some things that makes a good don/boss? [Re: donplugconnected] #857712
08/26/15 02:43 PM
08/26/15 02:43 PM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Offline
furio_from_naples  Offline

naples,italy
What are some things that makes a good don/boss ?

I could say what is not to do, to be a good boss:

Be a petty and greedy boss as Profaci;
Use the murder as the only answer as Scarfo or Casso and frighten so much your men to flip for avoid to be killed;
Attract too much attention, blaming others and continuously badmouthing him (Gotti case);
Know when it's time to hand over power and don't start a war just because you want to keep control from prison through his family of blood (Persico).

Re: what are some things that makes a good don/boss? [Re: donplugconnected] #857722
08/26/15 03:05 PM
08/26/15 03:05 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

Sounds dumb but he has to be good at math,counting. Every thing comes down to money and counting it splitting it ect.

Re: what are some things that makes a good don/boss? [Re: pmac] #857815
08/27/15 12:49 PM
08/27/15 12:49 PM
Alfa Romeo Offline
Underboss
Alfa Romeo  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: pmac
Sounds dumb but he has to be good at math,counting. Every thing comes down to money and counting it splitting it ect.

Not dumb pmac, not dumb. They said Meyer Lansky was a Calculator. When a human being is referred to as a Calculator, that refers to a person that can hold vast amounts of numbers all in their head and do mathematical calculations all in their brain. They don't need pen and paper or a computer. Warren Buffet is also called a Calculator. Warren Buffet was the Richest Man in the World, once upon a time. And he's still doing pretty good.

Lucky Luciano said that it takes just as much brains to run an illegitimate business as a legitimate one.

Lucky Luciano could not be cheated out of money because he always knew what his cut was on any given racket he owned a part of. You couldn't drop off a light envelope. He would catch it.

But a legitimate business man can keep his information on paper, in files, on hard drives, etc. A competent mafia Boss must keep everything in their head.

Re: what are some things that makes a good don/boss? [Re: Alfa Romeo] #857884
08/28/15 05:35 AM
08/28/15 05:35 AM
Chicago
C
CabriniGreen Offline
Underboss
CabriniGreen  Offline
C
Underboss
Chicago
Wow, how'd you do that link?

Re: what are some things that makes a good don/boss? [Re: CabriniGreen] #857914
08/28/15 01:23 PM
08/28/15 01:23 PM
Alfa Romeo Offline
Underboss
Alfa Romeo  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: CabriniGreen
Wow, how'd you do that link?

hit reply, then at the top of the reply screen, the second button over is a little picture of Earth with a paperclip. Click that to open a tiny window that allows you to post a URL address. Then you give it a name. Presto.

Re: what are some things that makes a good don/boss? [Re: Alfa Romeo] #858024
08/29/15 02:13 AM
08/29/15 02:13 AM
Chicago
C
CabriniGreen Offline
Underboss
CabriniGreen  Offline
C
Underboss
Chicago
Thanks a ton!!! I've been wanting to share some links but didn't know how, thanks again!!

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull