GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 116 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,095
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,355
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,487
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,216
Posts1,056,190
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Carlos Marcello and JFK #856397
08/16/15 10:44 PM
08/16/15 10:44 PM
ne philly
merlino Offline OP
jesus quintana
merlino  Offline OP
jesus quintana
Underboss
ne philly

http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20150816/COLUMNIST/150819753/2416/NEWS?p=all&tc=pgall

A Bradenton bank robbery and the killing of JFK

By Chris Anderson
Published: Sunday, August 16, 2015 at 5:14 p.m.
Last Modified: Sunday, August 16, 2015 at 5:14 p.m.
Jack Van Laningham was in a drunken stupor one day in 1984 when he took a remote control device from a hotel and stuffed it into a bag to make it look like he was carrying a gun.

Then he walked into a Bradenton bank and held up the teller for $1,800 and a car. He was on the run for two weeks before he finally gave himself up to the FBI. He received eight years for the crime and was sentenced to prison in Arkansas.

What happened in Bradenton that day may actually appease the conspiratorialists concerning the assassination of President John F. Kennedy as it provides a possible link to the mob’s involvement.

Because if Van Laningham didn’t rob that Bradenton bank and go to prison, then he never would have met and befriended reputed mob boss Carlos Marcello, who allegedly told Van Laningham that he ordered the hit on JFK.

Van Laningham’s story is part of a book published in 2008 called “Legacy of Secrecy.'’ The father of Leonardo DiCaprio read the book and recommended it to the actor, whose production company is reportedly interested in making a movie. DiCaprio would play Van Laningham, while Robert De Niro would play the part of Marcello.

Van Laningham’s son Greg said his father, who lives in Southern California, is no longer talking to writers because he doesn’t trust them. The only people he is talking to now are the DiCaprios.

What’s amazing is that this isn’t the first time Bradenton has had a strange tie to the conspiracy theories surrounding the Kennedy assassination as a former Manatee High student named Judyth Vary Baker claims to have been the girlfriend of Lee Harvey Oswald in New Orleans.

A brilliant student while at Manatee in the 1960s who was performing intriguing cancer research, she says a plan was in place for her to develop a deadly strain of cancer that Oswald was going to take to Cuba and kill Fidel Castro with. The plan failed and the target became Kennedy. Baker still says Oswald was set up. All that is known for certain is that Baker and Oswald worked in the same coffee company together in New Orleans.

Van Laningham, meanwhile, served in the Army before marrying a lady from England. Together they had three kids, but the marriage split up and he ran off to Florida with a younger woman. He was drinking a lot and broke financially when he decided to rob the Bradenton bank.

Once he was inside the prison in Arkansas, he says the FBI coerced him into becoming an informant. He was sitting in the prison courtyard with Marcello on December 15, 1985 when Marcello went off about Kennedy.

Marcello, who was nicknamed “The Godfather,'’ despised Kennedy, and blamed him for once being deported to Guatemala. He was also upset with Bobby Kennedy for his stance against organized crime.

An FBI Confidential Source Report released by the National Archives said Marcello told Van Laningham the following: “Yeah, I had the son of a bitch killed. I’m glad I did it. I’m sorry I couldn’t have done it myself.”

The FBI did not interview Marcello after the statement, and there was some question of his mental capacity at the time. He died in 1993 at age 83.

Marcello was a New Orleans mob boss who was tight with Santo Trafficante, the boss from Tampa. In 1975,

Trafficante was captured on a FBI wiretap saying to Marcello “Now only two people are alive who know who killed Kennedy.”

What Trafficante meant by that will forever be a mystery as he died in 1987.

Marcello was never mentioned in the 1964 Warren Commission Report, but the 1979 House Select Committee on Assassinations concluded that Trafficante and Marcello had the “motive, means and opportunity to assassinate President Kennedy though it was unable to establish direct evidence of Marcello’s complicity.”

So what does all of this mean?

Maybe nothing, but the next time a remote control goes missing from a Bradenton hotel you never know what it could lead to.

Chris Anderson can be contacted at

Re: Carlos Marcello and JFK [Re: merlino] #856399
08/16/15 11:01 PM
08/16/15 11:01 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Originally Posted By: merlino

So what does all of this mean?

Maybe nothing,

Right.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: Carlos Marcello and JFK [Re: merlino] #856414
08/17/15 01:29 AM
08/17/15 01:29 AM
Orange County, CA
Nicholas Offline
Underboss
Nicholas  Offline
Underboss
Orange County, CA
I've never once believed that Marcello had the balls to kill JFK. Oswald was a fucking weirdo. Then there's Jack Ruby. He doesn't fit.

Marcello was fuckin' loony. Anyone know the full story about him getting kicked out of a CIA plane over Guatemala?

"The Feds are a business Anthony, millions of tax dollars are invested in watching your ass, sooner or later, just like you, their gonna want a return on their investment." --- Neil Mink, Tony Soprano's lawyer
Re: Carlos Marcello and JFK [Re: Nicholas] #856423
08/17/15 06:57 AM
08/17/15 06:57 AM
M
mickey2 Offline
Capo
mickey2  Offline
M
Capo
Originally Posted By: Nicholas
I've never once believed that Marcello had the balls to kill JFK. Oswald was a fucking weirdo. Then there's Jack Ruby. He doesn't fit.

lol. thats exactly the ONLY thing what actually fits.

Marcello was fuckin' loony. Anyone know the full story about him getting kicked out of a CIA plane over Guatemala?

there is not to much story behind.. rfk orderd the DOJ to it, and they literally kidnapped marcello from new orleans and kicked him out in the jungle

Re: Carlos Marcello and JFK [Re: merlino] #856438
08/17/15 09:52 AM
08/17/15 09:52 AM
Hudson County NJ
D
DB Offline
Underboss
DB  Offline
D
Underboss
Hudson County NJ
Not sure of Marcello involvement , I'm sure he played a lower role, money , guns , maybe a shooter and/ or a couple trusted guys to help

The reality is someone in intelligence was running Oswald

So he defects to Russia after serving at one of the most classified bases in the world . The one in Japan that secretly flew U2s over Russia and Oswald was a radar operator for these flights so had a lot of info to share . Mind you 6 months after his defection a U2 went down and a radar operator would of been key to help with that knowing flight paths, radio frequencies etc.

The the state dept gives him $1500 to come home with zero repercussions , the guy should have been hung for treason , right there you know he is being protected and / or used . Then he is placed with CIA assets like George M and The Paines who are strong anti communists , they were his babysitters .

You want to find out who whacked JFK , just backtrack who impersonated him in his calls to Russia and Cuban consulates in Mexico City . There is a reason the Warren Commission stays as far as possible from Mexico City as that is where the action is at . Anyway many have a good sense who helped here, the big question is who were the sponsors, if any , who gave the nod .

Guys like Dulles probably, maybe some big defense contractors, Texas oil men . Remember in those days the CIA was basically a front for business interests . Nobody gave a crap about Cuba until they nationalized big business interests. That's the real reason the USA felt communism was so dangerous , not the politics part but the money part, big companies losing if assets

Either way a big clue on who sponsored JFK hit , is who benefited the most and that was certainly big foreign policy makers that right after his death changed most of JFKs policies in Cuba, Russia , parts of Asia and the Middle East where he was working on a balanced approach , if his policies were fully implemented , I think things could be different now .

He was by no means a perfect man , had flaws , but when it came to foreign policy he was a damn genius , keeping is out of at least 3 wars , not too mention almost single handily keeping us out of nuclear one and oh boy did not invading Cuba in 62 piss off high military men plus the promise not to invade Cuba . Then the anti nuclear treaty right after , geez the war people were beyond pissed and the the American university speech in June was probably the last straw . It wasn't only Dallas , he was being hunted in many cities, especially Chicago and Tampa - in Chicago they caught the shooters but buried and destroyed the report .

A 2nd term was never going to happen

Re: Carlos Marcello and JFK [Re: merlino] #856440
08/17/15 10:15 AM
08/17/15 10:15 AM
M
mbo Offline
Made Member
mbo  Offline
M
Made Member
Assuming Marcello actually did have the power and the balls to kill JFK and awterwards keep it one of the best kept secrets in the history of the mafia, am i really supposed to believe that he was stupid enough to admit it to a low level bankrobber he met in prison? Doesn't add up.

Re: Carlos Marcello and JFK [Re: mbo] #856441
08/17/15 10:20 AM
08/17/15 10:20 AM
ne philly
merlino Offline OP
jesus quintana
merlino  Offline OP
jesus quintana
Underboss
ne philly
Originally Posted By: mbo
Assuming Marcello actually did have the power and the balls to kill JFK and awterwards keep it one of the best kept secrets in the history of the mafia, am i really supposed to believe that he was stupid enough to admit it to a low level bankrobber he met in prison? Doesn't add up.

Im with you on that as well, but it was in some FBI report, I am guessing some members of the government know exactly what happened but I am pretty sure they are all dead at this point...will make a great movie to discuss if deniro and dicaprio are in it

Re: Carlos Marcello and JFK [Re: merlino] #856443
08/17/15 11:27 AM
08/17/15 11:27 AM
M
mbo Offline
Made Member
mbo  Offline
M
Made Member
yeah i would love to see deniro in a serious drama again, and hopefully scorcese would want to be a part of it too....

Re: Carlos Marcello and JFK [Re: mickey2] #856462
08/17/15 03:08 PM
08/17/15 03:08 PM
M
mackinblack007 Offline
Capo
mackinblack007  Offline
M
Capo
Originally Posted By: mickey2

there is not to much story behind.. rfk orderd the DOJ to it, and they literally kidnapped marcello from new orleans and kicked him out in the jungle
i loled

Re: Carlos Marcello and JFK [Re: merlino] #856476
08/17/15 04:42 PM
08/17/15 04:42 PM
Alabama
D
dixiemafia Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
dixiemafia  Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
D
Underboss
Alabama
I for one, believe the Marcello/JFK tie. Do I believe he told this dude in prison what happened when he had thousands of secrets? I doubt it, UNLESS he was already having his issues with dementia and Alzheimers as he did have those issues before they let him out. I forget the timeline he started having the issues though, but if I remember correctly he was caught over the phone saying something about buying a judge or juror or something with someone from the Los Angeles family as well.

Yes Robert Kennedy had Marcello removed from the country when he was supposedly making all of his check ins due to the immigration issue. So he checks in one day and they put him in cuffs and he disappears. That sealed JFK's fate for sure.

Also on Ruby, his girls used to go to NOLA and dance plus Ruby was loosely tied to the Dallas family in which Marcello did business with as well.

Re: Carlos Marcello and JFK [Re: merlino] #856482
08/17/15 05:01 PM
08/17/15 05:01 PM
Hudson County NJ
D
DB Offline
Underboss
DB  Offline
D
Underboss
Hudson County NJ
Agree , Marcello probably had a role but not a big one

Ask yourself who has the power to turn off the FBI security watch list

Not too mention the guy that stood directly behind upon his attempt to enter Mexico was a CIA agent ( can't remember name off top of my head )

Then to mention the hundreds of cables going back and forth between MC and Langley after it was discovered LHO was impersonated and this was while he was in MC - OCT . It appears from the docs released the CIA was trying to find out who was impersonating him not realizing this huge paper trail would lead to the ultimate blackmail / cover up.

Marcello and the mob were powerful and some worked with the CIA but no way did they have this kind of power , only people deep in intelligence can do this stuff.

Re: Carlos Marcello and JFK [Re: DB] #856518
08/17/15 09:58 PM
08/17/15 09:58 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Originally Posted By: DB
The reality is someone in intelligence was running Oswald

So he defects to Russia after serving at one of the most classified bases in the world . The one in Japan that secretly flew U2s over Russia and Oswald was a radar operator for these flights so had a lot of info to share . Mind you 6 months after his defection a U2 went down and a radar operator would of been key to help with that knowing flight paths, radio frequencies etc.

The the state dept gives him $1500 to come home with zero repercussions , the guy should have been hung for treason , right there you know he is being protected and / or used . Then he is placed with CIA assets like George M and The Paines who are strong anti communists , they were his babysitters .

U2 was a top secret project at the time Oswald was a Marine, and no one at Atsugi Naval Air Station was told of its true purpose. Oswald might have speculated that the strange-looking aircraft was a spy plane. He could have counted the number of U2 flights that took off and landed on his watch, and estimated their rate of climb and the method of descent. But he could not have known the U2s' destinations because his radar didn't have the range to track the planes crossing borders. Nor was there any radio communication between U2's and their bases, the better to keep the Soviets from tracking their flights. And, the Soviets already knew plenty about U2s because they had spotted them since July 1956, when they made their first overflights of the USSR. Note: Soviet authorities interviewed Oswald twice in his first week in Moscow--and ordered him to leave after his visa expired at the end of the week. Whatever he told them about the U2's he'd seen wasn't worth anything to them.

The $435.71 (not $1500) that the US Embassy in Moscow lent Oswald for his return trip was part of a State Department repatriation fund used by several thousand needy and/or politically high-profile US citizens stranded abroad, and was not granted until State ascertained that Oswald’s mother and brother could not or would not advance the money to him. (Oswald repaid the loan promptly.) And, Ruth Paine and others who helped Marina Oswald in Texas weren't linked to the CIA. Once Oswald returned to the US, his case was handed over to the FBI because the CIA officially had no authority to operate in the US. FBI agents interviewed Oswald twice (from cars parked outside his home) soon after he returned but took no further action. Oswald cooperated with them because he was afraid of being charged as a traitor.

Marcello certainly had motivation to hate the Kennedys because they deported him to Guatemala. But there is no proof that he actually set it up.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: Carlos Marcello and JFK [Re: merlino] #856533
08/17/15 11:29 PM
08/17/15 11:29 PM
L
Lou_Para Offline
Underboss
Lou_Para  Offline
L
Underboss
I don't buy the fact that Marcello,(or any Mob guy)had anything to do with the JFK hit.

Remember,the mob hit Dutch Schulz because he was threatening to kill Tom Dewey,a relative nobody at the time.
They knew the kind of heat it would bring down.

Are we to believe that Marcello whacked Kennedy because of the Guatemala deportation? The other Family bosses could give a rat's ass whether Carlos was "disrespected" by RFK,and if they had had an inkling that he was going to assassinate the President,he would have been taken for a ride on one of his shrimp boats.

The unbelievable blowback and all out shock and awe that would have been unleashed against the Mafia had they been involved would have made Mussolini's persecution of the mob look like a mild inquiry.

The Mafia continues to exist in the United States precisely because they were NOT involved in the JFK hit.

Re: Carlos Marcello and JFK [Re: mickey2] #856540
08/18/15 01:21 AM
08/18/15 01:21 AM
Orange County, CA
Nicholas Offline
Underboss
Nicholas  Offline
Underboss
Orange County, CA
Originally Posted By: mickey2

That's really badass that RFK would pull something like that. I really admire that, dealing with violent criminals like that. I'm serious, I might add.

I'm a bit curious as to how the hell Marcello survived this. Knowing, Airborne, I bet the CIA tossed his ass out at night.

"The Feds are a business Anthony, millions of tax dollars are invested in watching your ass, sooner or later, just like you, their gonna want a return on their investment." --- Neil Mink, Tony Soprano's lawyer
Re: Carlos Marcello and JFK [Re: merlino] #856554
08/18/15 09:17 AM
08/18/15 09:17 AM
Hudson County NJ
D
DB Offline
Underboss
DB  Offline
D
Underboss
Hudson County NJ
Read JFK the unspeakable and ull see the knowledge LHO had at that base his defection was a huge deal and if he was a real defector he would of been killed or at least arrested upon his return . He agreed to provide all military secrets he knew. Back in the late 50s of you simply had a communist paper you were likely to be in trouble let alone an admitted defector that agreed to provide military secrets and its no coincidence ( I doubt ) he went in on a Saturday when the office was closed for possible plausible deniability . That's why he had to raise his voice when announcing his defection because most knew the consulate had bugs just like the ones in MC. Not too mention he got a passport wishin 2 days which was unheard of , plus getting a Russian wife with kbg contacts out , another toughy , especially in 2 days

he was likely on a intelligence mission . His excellent study of the Russian example is another clue . Not too mention all LHO colleagues in the USA were strong anti communists which is odd

The CIA said he had no involvement in CIA yet had a 201 file in Angelton SIC group whose sole job was to "spy on spies" ( Ray Rocca direct words in the HSCA interview not made public until the 90s.

Not to mention the many documents before the hit ( October in MC ) which was likely a mole hunt with one strategy using Robert Webster 5 10 165 description as part of the mission , this Webster description was also used n the manhunt despite LHO bein 5 6 ish and 135 lbs . Webster too lwas likely a part of what I feel was a false defector plan and defected at around the same time as LHO. . Angelton used several descriptions amongst different agencies to try and find the mole that impersonated him ( which to me , if you can find out who impersonated him ( Hoover words in writing that was never to be public , then you have a chance of learning the truth) - also a brilliant plan as a blackmail as no way could the CIA admit how much interest their was on LHO before the hit , some rouge group was using him in some capacity . The Cuba bug was one of the most important intelligence activities at the time .

Ruth Paine sister was in the CIA ( big slip up on her part ) as it was listed in printed format , psych group I believe .and her connection to Dulles ( via Bancroft family ) is mind boggling and it makes sense as her role ( and I don't think she had pre knowledge ) was so critical as that is where all the evidence was found ( photo , rifle etc.). Especially her accounts of the micro minnox camera

They also never say how the guy that drove Oswald to work that day ( the supposed curtain story ) stated that no way could a rifle fit in there , not too mention LHO testing negative on a rifle parafin test or the minnox camera that was used by most operatives at the time and was a real tough one to cover up and initially they had to lie about it.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist but after reciewing the docs released during the 90s and 2000s and comparing them to CIA statements at the time ( also remember Angleton said in a Memo his strategy was to " wait out " the WC , there is Little chance the CIA can say he had no involvement with LHO as there are hundreds of CIA docs on him . In no way do I believe the CIA killed him but rather top individuals at JMwave Miami who killed foreign leaders in Cuba ( Guerca ) Africa and I think DR. Not too mention the 2 CIA agents and every parkland hospital employee saying the head would was an exit or pres ford word smithing the entrance of the back wound ( found in 1995) to at least make it plausible the bullet could exit the neck but just look at the president clothes for the entry wound ( clearly in the back, about 5 inches below the neck ) and how it exited the neck despite its approx 45 degree downwArd projectory

I can go on and no as I'm sure you could but with this subject nobody really changes their mind unless they review all those documents released recently . I think it was Ann Egtar or another top Angelton aide that said once LHO name was mentioned in the hit, the MC station went nuts because of all the activity surrounding him pre hit.

Anyway it's a fascinating story to discuss and I just consider this a friendly discussion , not hostile at all as I like other opinions and you are clearly informed

I also feel it was a message , hitting him in the public mid day , and as LBJ said and is a clue that they tried to erase ( no documentation of the call or recording but luckily a transcription was somehow found ) LBJ asked Hoover were "THEYl" shooting at me ?, Jackie made similiar comments about why she didn't change clothes as she wanted " them " to see what they did . Some people seem to forget the official govt position is that it was a probable conspiracy that the DOJ should further investigate . This is very important as the LHO did it authors rarely and likely never mention all the valuable material release in the 90s ( can't wait for 2017 as I'm sure u can't either smile . I will say though that I definately feel David Morales , an executive action king , was involved as he admitted in twice while drunk to several reputable sources such as his lawyer, lawyers wife and his best friend .

Anyway thanks for the convo as I love this subject as it deals with power at the highest level IMO . Thanks

Re: Carlos Marcello and JFK [Re: merlino] #856557
08/18/15 10:03 AM
08/18/15 10:03 AM
baldo Offline
Capo
baldo  Offline
Capo
DB, thanks for the great info. I find that whole period in US history fascinating. So much going on between Cuba, the USSR, the mob, the CIA, big business, etc. I wonder if the same thing goes on today. Probably but maybe not the same extent given the availability of information (wikileaks, the internet, etc).

Re: Carlos Marcello and JFK [Re: merlino] #856558
08/18/15 10:52 AM
08/18/15 10:52 AM
Hudson County NJ
D
DB Offline
Underboss
DB  Offline
D
Underboss
Hudson County NJ
Yeah I have no idea about today except for operation mockingbird in which in the 60s the CIAhad control of over 400 media professionals. I think they have some media control today ( probably not like before ) but when a war is up for debate after the president recommends it , it always seems the media is beating the drums to get us to support it and IMO after the 50s the only worthwhile war was the one with Afghanistan which is hilarious as we were afraid to use a lot of troops in the beginning ( Tora Bora) , most of wars like Vietnam and Iraq we bull dozed in and just got alot of kids killed and probably cost us multi trillions.

I like to read and there is a book called Breach of Trust which got me deeper into this as I strongly feel if it weren't for JFK during the missle crisis I wouldn't be alive as my family is from east Harlem and Levintown which almost certainly would have been hit by a battlefield nuke ( those were the instructions of wr invaded )

Back to the book , the author doesn't really get into who did it and why but just shows how ridiculous the Warren commission was when when seeing all the evidence we have today .

another crucial fact is the fair play for Cuba New Orleans branch that LHO supposedly was the sole head of was a CIA front headquartered in a fierce anti communist office - Guy Bannisters place - whose own secretary said Bannister told her LHO was with them , yet he was supposedly a communist, Guy was smart and after the hit he didn't leave his house until he died right around the release of the WC . Even worse is once the first HSCA investigators were getting closer in how important Mexico City was , one of them was handcuffed and escorted out and in comes George Joannides (new liaison with HSCA) who was running these fair play for Cuba fronts and conveniantly forgot to tell the HSCA, even getting Blakely who has also been the mob did it to say he now believes almost nothing the CIA told him.

Joannides was brought out of retirement for this role which indicates the importance . We know now that during Garrison investigation , the CIA planted several individuals in his office as spies ( why?) and sadly it was one of these individuals who interviewed Richard Nagel , possibly the most important witness . He was a double agent but working for us , the kbg caught wind of the anti Castro Cuban plot and ironically he was told by the Russians to either tell LHO he was playing with fire here ( Nagel stated he tried to convince him as he was LHO tail ) or kill him. Instead he fired a round in a bank in Texas , wrote a letter to Hoover about the plot and when asked by the policeman why he did it , he said you will find out in 2 months in Dallas and I wasn't going to commit treason, the police officer backs this up . The guy Nagell was sort of a looney to some but he did tell the author of the LA assassination plan and the players and it just happened to match his conclusions . He also was at the same Japan base as LHO tailing him I believe gong off memory . The book is the man who knew too much .

Interesting and never shown for national security reasons until recently , LBJ said he didn't believe the LHO story and felt it was the Cubans, this is on tv for all to see , which is somewhat convenient as you don't have to state anti Castro Cubans were involved ( just say Cubans did it ) and the CIA Miami station ran them and also RFK who was shell shocked for months as I'm sure he felt partly responsible .

Sadly I'm not sure we will ever get the smoking gun ( outside LHO being impersonated in his MC tapes which is fascinating on so many levels and proves their were more people involved) as several of the men possibly involved learned from their big executive action mistake in 1954 Guatamalean coup where many things were documented on paper . We will see in 2017.

Don't forget one of the top anti Castro Cubans , Antonio Veciana saw LHO with David Atlee Phillips ( aka Maurice Bischop) finally confirming it and when during the Garrison or HSCA ( can't remember ) investigation , every source traced back to Phillips who was head of disinformation for the CIA, the LHO cover atory was released to trusted media almost immediately . Phillips admitted to his nephew on his death bed he was in Dallas the day of the hit and was crying , showing remorse for his role .

The shit is just deep and JFK had to use civilians as back channels to leaders he was seeking peace with and once it was learned JFK was wxoring peace with JFK , I wouldn't doubt that's when things heated up .

the WC had no motive so just said LHO was seeking noteriety yet would never admit to killing LHO , even to his breath .

Im glad you have interest in the topic as it really was so crucial to our history , no Vietnam with JFK or Cambodia and likely the ending of the Cold War occurs in the late 60s as opposed to 80s

Last edited by DB; 08/18/15 11:11 AM.
Re: Carlos Marcello and JFK [Re: merlino] #968777
04/06/19 08:02 AM
04/06/19 08:02 AM
GangstersInc Online content
Underboss
GangstersInc  Online Content
Underboss
Out of Africa: The Story of New Orleans Mafia boss Carlos Marcello http://gangstersinc.ning.com/profil...f-new-orleans-mafia-boss-carlos-marcello

The best website about global organized crime & the Mafia: http://www.gangstersinc.org - Since 2001 - Want to write for us? Drop me a DM/mail!
Re: Carlos Marcello and JFK [Re: merlino] #968795
04/06/19 01:45 PM
04/06/19 01:45 PM
Green Grove Retirement Communi...
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Green Grove Retirement Communi...
I know this thread's a little old but great discussion. Don't believe I've seen it before. Thanks for the current link, GangstersInc.

I think Marcello and the mob were used to play a role in the assassination, but were not the top conspirators. My own personal stretch theory is that the conspirators' intention was to use the mob as a scapegoat, either instead of Oswald or along with him, and that Nixon was influential in burying that plan due to the mob's help in his rise to power. So, Oswald became the Patsy.

The Godfather 2 is a great movie, but the narrative that the mob played the U.S. government was fantasy. It was the other way around. It was nefarious factions of our government that used the mob and then disposed of them when they felt they weren't needed anymore. Interesting that the RICO act wasn't truly implemented until years after it was signed into law. They knew about the Commission when Valachi testified but it wouldn't be until the 80s that a fed prosecutor would mount a commission case? Clearly there was still a lot of juice to be squeezed from that lemon.

It's still uncertain as to who killed Joe Colombo, btw. His politics may have pissed off Gambino but they really pissed off the government. That first Italian civil rights rally had half the city in attendance. Like with Kennedy, nobody had more to gain from Colombo's death than the government.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull