GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 126 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,355
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,735
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,502
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,283
Posts1,057,850
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Who may have been the shooters in Castellano hit? #855841
08/13/15 06:27 PM
08/13/15 06:27 PM
North Jersey
ItalianIrishMix Offline OP
Underboss
ItalianIrishMix  Offline OP
Underboss
North Jersey
Through all my reading, I have never even heard 1 name mentioned of who may or may not have been one of the 4 people in white trench coats and black russian hats?

Has anyone heard ANY names mentioned?

Who were the Gambino's most trusted killers in 1985?

Is it possible that Senter and Testa were both there. I assume that if someone told them that Castellano ordered the hit on their mentor, revenge would be sought by them both.

The fact that they changed families around this exact time makes me wonder........Meaning, they did a HUGE piece of work, expected to be rewarded but, never were.......Welcoming arms of Lucchese's appears.

Anyone else pondered this topic?

Re: Who may have been the shooters in Castellano hit? [Re: ItalianIrishMix] #855846
08/13/15 06:51 PM
08/13/15 06:51 PM
F
fergie Offline
Underboss
fergie  Offline
F
Underboss

Re: Who may have been the shooters in Castellano hit? [Re: ItalianIrishMix] #855848
08/13/15 07:03 PM
08/13/15 07:03 PM
manchester uk
domwoods74 Offline
Underboss
domwoods74  Offline
Underboss
manchester uk
Eddie Lino , john carneglia , vinnie artuso and salvatore scala were the shooters , the back ups were joe watts , iggy alogna , tony rampino and Angelo ruggiero / domink pizzonia

Re: Who may have been the shooters in Castellano hit? [Re: ItalianIrishMix] #855849
08/13/15 07:13 PM
08/13/15 07:13 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: ItalianIrishMix
Through all my reading, I have never even heard 1 name mentioned of who may or may not have been one of the 4 people in white trench coats and black russian hats?

Are you kidding? It's been written about extensively and probably in Sammy's testimony. How could you not find it?

Anyway, Dom Woods just made a correct listing. But it should be noted that Vinny's gun jammed, so he didn't get off a shot. He didn't "freeze up," which was a vicious rumor for a long time.

And that goes back to the jealousy thing we were all discussing in another thread recently. Some of these guys envy each other so much that they'll say anything about each other to get ahead.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Who may have been the shooters in Castellano hit? [Re: domwoods74] #855851
08/13/15 07:19 PM
08/13/15 07:19 PM
North Jersey
ItalianIrishMix Offline OP
Underboss
ItalianIrishMix  Offline OP
Underboss
North Jersey
Originally Posted By: domwoods74
Eddie Lino , john carneglia , vinnie artuso and salvatore scala were the shooters , the back ups were joe watts , iggy alogna , tony rampino and Angelo ruggiero / domink pizzonia

Thank You!

I swear that in my 2-3 years of surfing, I have only kept hearing trench coats and hats.

Never read Sammy's full testimony

Re: Who may have been the shooters in Castellano hit? [Re: ItalianIrishMix] #855853
08/13/15 07:25 PM
08/13/15 07:25 PM
D
Dwalin2011 Offline
Underboss
Dwalin2011  Offline
D
Underboss
Why is it that nobody among them got indicted for the hit? Too many people, I can understand if Gravano wanted to "spare" 1 or 2 from his testimony, but for such a crowd to emerge completely untouchable by the prosecution is weird. Why didn't they indict at least the ones who directly pulled the trigger?

Willie Marfeo to Henry Tameleo:

1) "You people want a loaf of bread and you throw the crumbs back. Well, fuck you. I ain't closing down."

2) "Get out of here, old man. Go tell Raymond to go shit in his hat. We're not giving you anything."
Re: Who may have been the shooters in Castellano hit? [Re: ItalianIrishMix] #855856
08/13/15 07:32 PM
08/13/15 07:32 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
Really none of the shooters got charged for that hit ?

Cackling like a banty Rooster.

I love this," "I just love this."
Re: Who may have been the shooters in Castellano hit? [Re: ItalianIrishMix] #855857
08/13/15 07:34 PM
08/13/15 07:34 PM
Kokomo
B
Beanshooter Offline
Underboss
Beanshooter  Offline
B
Underboss
Kokomo
Wasn't Bobby Boriello involved too?

Re: Who may have been the shooters in Castellano hit? [Re: Dwalin2011] #855859
08/13/15 07:40 PM
08/13/15 07:40 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Dwalin2011
Why is it that nobody among them got indicted for the hit? Too many people, I can understand if Gravano wanted to "spare" 1 or 2 from his testimony, but for such a crowd to emerge completely untouchable by the prosecution is weird. Why didn't they indict at least the ones who directly pulled the trigger?

Hard to prove on just Sammy's testimony. A bunch of guys in overcoats and Russian hats. No forensics or prints, and don't forget this was before the day of the CSI team. They probably felt they couldn't get a conviction on a single shooter, and they really only wanted Gotti anyway. The Government prosecutes who they want to prosecute. And there wasn't a soul alive at the time that they wanted to prosecute more than John Gotti.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Who may have been the shooters in Castellano hit? [Re: pizzaboy] #855864
08/13/15 07:49 PM
08/13/15 07:49 PM
D
Dwalin2011 Offline
Underboss
Dwalin2011  Offline
D
Underboss
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
they really only wanted Gotti anyway. The Government prosecutes who they want to prosecute. And there wasn't a soul alive at the time that they wanted to prosecute more than John Gotti.

That's weird logic for law enforcement: being obsessed with just ONE gangster who can easily be replaced. The mafia is a system, Gotti and any other boss is just a part of it. To bring down an organization, multiple simultaneous convictions are necessary, and even that often doesn't work (look at the situation in Italy).

Willie Marfeo to Henry Tameleo:

1) "You people want a loaf of bread and you throw the crumbs back. Well, fuck you. I ain't closing down."

2) "Get out of here, old man. Go tell Raymond to go shit in his hat. We're not giving you anything."
Re: Who may have been the shooters in Castellano hit? [Re: ItalianIrishMix] #855868
08/13/15 07:54 PM
08/13/15 07:54 PM
Past caring, then hang a left
H
helenwheels Offline
Underboss
helenwheels  Offline
H
Underboss
Past caring, then hang a left
Gotti was practically daring them to. I think he started to believe his own hype. I think of him as the Kim Kardashian of LCN, and I'm only half kidding.

All God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

I never met anyone who didn't have a very smart child. What happens to these children, you wonder, when they reach adulthood?

Re: Who may have been the shooters in Castellano hit? [Re: Dwalin2011] #855873
08/13/15 08:01 PM
08/13/15 08:01 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
they really only wanted Gotti anyway. The Government prosecutes who they want to prosecute. And there wasn't a soul alive at the time that they wanted to prosecute more than John Gotti.

That's weird logic for law enforcement: being obsessed with just ONE gangster who can easily be replaced. The mafia is a system, Gotti and any other boss is just a part of it. To bring down an organization, multiple simultaneous convictions are necessary, and even that often doesn't work (look at the situation in Italy).

You don't understand American law enforcement and the massive ego of the FBI and DOJ, Dwalin. You're my friend, so that's not an insult. But if you lived through it and saw how Gotti kept daring them to convict him firsthand, then maybe you'd get it.

Re: Who may have been the shooters in Castellano hit? [Re: ItalianIrishMix] #855877
08/13/15 08:21 PM
08/13/15 08:21 PM
T
TommyGambino Offline
Underboss
TommyGambino  Offline
T
Underboss

Is it possible that Senter and Testa were both there. I assume that if someone told them that Castellano ordered the hit on their mentor, revenge would be sought by them both.

The fact that they changed families around this exact time makes me wonder........Meaning, they did a HUGE piece of work, expected to be rewarded but, never were.......Welcoming arms of Lucchese's appears.

Fucking hell lol

Re: Who may have been the shooters in Castellano hit? [Re: ItalianIrishMix] #855878
08/13/15 08:23 PM
08/13/15 08:23 PM
J
Jimmythepen Offline
Button
Jimmythepen  Offline
J
Button
Merlino is a good example now of how the FBI won't leave certain people alone. They tend to be more persistent with the more ostentatious types. The more they flaunt it, the more it pisses the FBI off.

And, from their perspective, you can see why. Their job is to take these people down. Often they do it their own way and with little regard for rules and the law, but at the heart of it they want the people their chasing locked up for life. If you are working for the FBI and see Gotti beating two trials and then walking around with $2000 dollar suits, you're just going to go after him harder. You see him nicknamed the Teflon Don and plastered all over the papers, seemingly looking like a cat with 9 lives.

Gotti was lucky he had a few years in the can by all accounts. I doubt he would have lasted much longer on the streets.

Last edited by Jimmythepen; 08/13/15 08:25 PM.
Re: Who may have been the shooters in Castellano hit? [Re: pizzaboy] #855907
08/13/15 10:34 PM
08/13/15 10:34 PM
Orange County, CA
Nicholas Offline
Underboss
Nicholas  Offline
Underboss
Orange County, CA

Anyway, Dom Woods just made a correct listing. But it should be noted that Vinny's gun jammed, so he didn't get off a shot. He didn't "freeze up," which was a vicious rumor for a long time.

And that goes back to the jealousy thing we were all discussing in another thread recently. Some of these guys envy each other so much that they'll say anything about each other to get ahead.

I'm a bit surprised none of them thought of having a back up piece, or even worse, not knowing or having the where with all to clear a jam. I assume it was a semi-auto, and the jam, if he wasn't able at all to get off a single shot that the jam was magazine related. The classic stove pipe can be cleared, quite intuitively, by merely grabbing the empty shell out of the breech, watching the chamber slam forward and back into battery.

Astounding to me that Vinny didn't have have a back up piece, you know like "Lefty/Tommy Two Guns".

"The Feds are a business Anthony, millions of tax dollars are invested in watching your ass, sooner or later, just like you, their gonna want a return on their investment." --- Neil Mink, Tony Soprano's lawyer
Re: Who may have been the shooters in Castellano hit? [Re: Nicholas] #855910
08/13/15 10:44 PM
08/13/15 10:44 PM
A
azguy Offline
Underboss
azguy  Offline
A
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Nicholas

I'm a bit surprised none of them thought of having a back up piece, or even worse, not knowing or having the where with all to clear a jam. I assume it was a semi-auto, and the jam, if he wasn't able at all to get off a single shot that the jam was magazine related. The classic stove pipe can be cleared, quite intuitively, by merely grabbing the empty shell out of the breech, watching the chamber slam forward and back into battery.

Astounding to me that Vinny didn't have have a back up piece, you know like "Lefty/Tommy Two Guns".

Oh sure, mid-town Manhattan at 6 PM taking out big Paul and the guy is suppose to be cool as a cucumber and clear a jam like its Saturday morning at the gun range...lol...

They didn't need back up guns, they had a whole team of backup shooters. Say what you want is was the best, most well thought out hit in LCN history and maybe the most dramatic...

Go stand in front of Sparks two weeks before Christmas and imagine what it would have been like to have a shootout on that street.

"In onore della Famiglia la Famiglia e' aperta"
Re: Who may have been the shooters in Castellano hit? [Re: azguy] #855915
08/13/15 10:50 PM
08/13/15 10:50 PM
Orange County, CA
Nicholas Offline
Underboss
Nicholas  Offline
Underboss
Orange County, CA
Originally Posted By: azguy

Oh sure, mid-town Manhattan at 6 PM taking out big Paul and the guy is suppose to be cool as a cucumber and clear a jam like its Saturday morning at the gun range...lol...

They didn't need back up guns, they had a whole team of backup shooters. Say what you want is was the best, most well thought out hit in LCN history and maybe the most dramatic...

Go stand in front of Sparks two weeks before Christmas and imagine what it would have been like to have a shootout on that street.

Ballsy. Still should have been equipment/kit checked before going out, and that includes making sure your magazines are ammo are good.

...even Cops carry a back up gun.

"The Feds are a business Anthony, millions of tax dollars are invested in watching your ass, sooner or later, just like you, their gonna want a return on their investment." --- Neil Mink, Tony Soprano's lawyer
Re: Who may have been the shooters in Castellano hit? [Re: ItalianIrishMix] #855917
08/13/15 10:51 PM
08/13/15 10:51 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

One guy Sammy screwed up on was a guy Iggy or ozzy.

Re: Who may have been the shooters in Castellano hit? [Re: ItalianIrishMix] #855919
08/13/15 10:53 PM
08/13/15 10:53 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

Took alot of balls for associates to kill a boss I think that guy john carnig wa deff there he was a made guy but going to jail for the dope case. That guy Roach.

Re: Who may have been the shooters in Castellano hit? [Re: ItalianIrishMix] #855932
08/13/15 11:47 PM
08/13/15 11:47 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

In hindsight it's amazing how well it all went down, considering how many people were involved on the scene. Truly Gotti's high point.

Last edited by IvyLeague; 08/13/15 11:49 PM.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Who may have been the shooters in Castellano hit? [Re: pizzaboy] #855948
08/14/15 01:57 AM
08/14/15 01:57 AM
M
mulberry Offline
Underboss
mulberry  Offline
M
Underboss

Hard to prove on just Sammy's testimony. A bunch of guys in overcoats and Russian hats. No forensics or prints, and don't forget this was before the day of the CSI team. They probably felt they couldn't get a conviction on a single shooter, and they really only wanted Gotti anyway. The Government prosecutes who they want to prosecute. And there wasn't a soul alive at the time that they wanted to prosecute more than John Gotti.

Wasn't Bobby Cabert convicted of murder on Sammy's testimony alone?

Re: Who may have been the shooters in Castellano hit? [Re: Nicholas] #855949
08/14/15 01:58 AM
08/14/15 01:58 AM
M
mulberry Offline
Underboss
mulberry  Offline
M
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Nicholas
Originally Posted By: azguy

Ballsy. Still should have been equipment/kit checked before going out, and that includes making sure your magazines are ammo are good.

...even Cops carry a back up gun.

They should have used revolvers. If a bullet misfires, just pull the trigger again. Also no shell casings left behind.

Re: Who may have been the shooters in Castellano hit? [Re: ItalianIrishMix] #856148
08/15/15 03:28 PM
08/15/15 03:28 PM
Alabama
D
dixiemafia Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
dixiemafia  Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
D
Underboss
Alabama
What were they using by the way? Did Sammy ever say?

Re: Who may have been the shooters in Castellano hit? [Re: dixiemafia] #856150
08/15/15 03:30 PM
08/15/15 03:30 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

Originally Posted By: dixiemafia

6 inches of Italian salami.

Bada bing. *Bah dum tiss*

I'm here all night.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: Who may have been the shooters in Castellano hit? [Re: Beanshooter] #856424
08/17/15 07:16 AM
08/17/15 07:16 AM
B
bronx Offline
Underboss
bronx  Offline
B
Underboss
no, just a rumor

Re: Who may have been the shooters in Castellano hit? [Re: Moe_Tilden] #856435
08/17/15 09:29 AM
08/17/15 09:29 AM
Good ole USA
R
rockstar_man45 Offline
Capo
rockstar_man45  Offline
R
Capo
Good ole USA
Originally Posted By: Moe_Tilden

I'm here all night.

The day you say something actually funny, someone should be there with a tape recorder to witness the moment. Otherwise no one would believe it

Re: Who may have been the shooters in Castellano hit? [Re: Moe_Tilden] #856479
08/17/15 04:48 PM
08/17/15 04:48 PM
cheech Offline
Underboss
cheech  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Moe_Tilden

I'm here all night.

better than 4 inch kielbasa boiled in water?

When Interpol?
Re: Who may have been the shooters in Castellano hit? [Re: ItalianIrishMix] #856786
08/19/15 08:23 PM
08/19/15 08:23 PM
N
night_timer Offline
Capo
night_timer  Offline
N
Capo

Did you notice, IIM, in your travels that Richard 'Iceman' Kuklinski laid claim to being one of the shooters in the Castellano/Bilotti hit?

WTF was that bogus claim all about? (And it wasn't his only outrageous claim, either...)

"It was all crap, right up to the moment he died" - an investigator's opinion - and epitaph - of John Holmes (Johnny Wadd)

"Drunk words are sober thoughts" - Anon.
Re: Who may have been the shooters in Castellano hit? [Re: night_timer] #856791
08/19/15 08:48 PM
08/19/15 08:48 PM
G
gangstereport Offline
Underboss
gangstereport  Offline
G
Underboss
Originally Posted By: night_timer

Did you notice, IIM, in your travels that Richard 'Iceman' Kuklinski laid claim to being one of the shooters in the Castellano/Bilotti hit?

WTF was that bogus claim all about? (And it wasn't his only outrageous claim, either...)

He talked so much rubbish he says he was involved the carmine galante murder, Roy demeo, castanalno and even said he killed Jimmy hoffa

Don't get me wrong at his height he was the biggest hit man in America and he was a serial killer he just killed people for no reason and to be fair he spent alot of time with Roy demeo so he might have known about that one. He did make a living out of doing hits for the five families plus the decavs.

But he lied about a lot of the famous hits like castanalo and galante because he was doing life in prison without parole he had nothing to lose and he wanted to build. his reputation up he loved telling the press about the people he killed he was crazy

Not connected with scott or anyone at gangsterreport

Sorry for the confusion
Re: Who may have been the shooters in Castellano hit? [Re: gangstereport] #856792
08/19/15 09:23 PM
08/19/15 09:23 PM
Australia
M
Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica Offline
Mickey Meatballs
Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica  Offline
Mickey Meatballs
M
Underboss
Australia
Originally Posted By: gangstereport
Originally Posted By: night_timer

He talked so much rubbish he says he was involved the carmine galante murder, Roy demeo, castanalno and even said he killed Jimmy hoffa

Don't get me wrong at his height he was the biggest hit man in America and he was a serial killer he just killed people for no reason and to be fair he spent alot of time with Roy demeo so he might have known about that one. He did make a living out of doing hits for the five families plus the decavs.

But he lied about a lot of the famous hits like castanalo and galante because he was doing life in prison without parole he had nothing to lose and he wanted to build. his reputation up he loved telling the press about the people he killed he was crazy

Kuklinski's bullshit has been discussed on this site ad nauseum. While he was known to hang around the Gemini Lounge on occasion, we only have his word on his being an associate of DeMeo. There's no real evidence for it.

(cough.)
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull