GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 109 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,095
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,355
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,487
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,216
Posts1,056,190
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: scotts article philly joey merlino [Re: Themafia] #854619
08/06/15 07:37 PM
08/06/15 07:37 PM
mchang93 Offline
Capo
mchang93  Offline
Capo
Philly has a good mix of capable guys out right now and Merlino and his crew say what you want,dudes been to hell and back together and that dont tell on your friends corner boy mentality has rubbed off on guys coming up underneath them like Tony nics and baby Dom. What happens with Nic rarley happens these days and they haven't had a body pinned on them in a while.

Re: scotts article philly joey merlino [Re: Themafia] #854630
08/06/15 08:28 PM
08/06/15 08:28 PM
mchang93 Offline
Capo
mchang93  Offline
Capo
Obviously nics went down but as far as multiple people going down for being involved been awhile. Big thing is if these guys will come together and work to build it back. Joey Pung doesn't like Merlino because of something he alleges Joey did to family home, P.Narducci doesn't like Pung for obvious reasons and if I'm not mistaken has problem wit skinny and Johnny. I've heard the money there isn't what it was but they definitely have a good mix of elder consel guys like chickie and Joe L, stacked with guys who have earned street cred thru wars and hits and then they have guys coming up who say joeys face with his crew and how they stuck it out and seems like at least some bought in. Compare this to they guys Scarfo and Stanfa put close to them and how that turned out, skinny deserves more credit then he gets.

Last edited by mchang93; 08/06/15 08:29 PM.
Re: scotts article philly joey merlino [Re: Themafia] #854641
08/06/15 10:16 PM
08/06/15 10:16 PM
S
scottburn Offline
Button
scottburn  Offline
S
Button
TG:
You realize Detroit LCN has a long history of ties to New York LCN and the Sicilian mafia right? Part of Jack Tocco's RICO bust (predicate acts) rests on FBI-observed meetings with Lead Pipe Joe Todaro and Big Joe, Jr, the bosses of Buffalo. Tocco's consigliere was married to the daughter of Sicilian don Vito Vitale. And I never said anything about any current Commission meetings, but you also realize it's an undisputed fact that Detroit had a seat on the Commission when it existed right?

Scott

Last edited by scottburn; 08/06/15 10:37 PM.
Re: scotts article philly joey merlino [Re: IvyLeague] #854653
08/07/15 12:12 AM
08/07/15 12:12 AM
T
tt120 Offline
Capo
tt120  Offline
T
Capo
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Originally Posted By: Themafia
i mean the genovese family is the only family with one squad chasing them

That changed a while back. Now there are only two FBI squads investigating the NY Mafia - the C16 squad for the Gambinos and Lucchese and the C5 squad for the Genovese, Colombos, and Bonannos. Of course several former investigators have voiced concerns about the drop in resources devoted to the mob.

im sure they know what they are doing and there is a good reason for it, but its surprising they didnt combine the squads to reflect Genovese/Lucchese, and have another squad for the remaining 3 families

Re: scotts article philly joey merlino [Re: scottburn] #854693
08/07/15 12:11 PM
08/07/15 12:11 PM
T
TommyGambino Offline
Underboss
TommyGambino  Offline
T
Underboss
Originally Posted By: scottburn
TG:
You realize Detroit LCN has a long history of ties to New York LCN and the Sicilian mafia right? Part of Jack Tocco's RICO bust (predicate acts) rests on FBI-observed meetings with Lead Pipe Joe Todaro and Big Joe, Jr, the bosses of Buffalo. Tocco's consigliere was married to the daughter of Sicilian don Vito Vitale. And I never said anything about any current Commission meetings, but you also realize it's an undisputed fact that Detroit had a seat on the Commission when it existed right?

Scott

Yes, I know they had a seat. When did I say they didn't? VegasMikey was obviously making it up then, he told me you gave him the information about a commission meeting in Detroit a few years back, obviously I didn't take him seriously.

Re: scotts article philly joey merlino [Re: Themafia] #854714
08/07/15 04:05 PM
08/07/15 04:05 PM
spmob Offline
Underboss
spmob  Offline
Underboss
Honestly, who learned something new from Scott's article on Joey? All of his info, and pictures, came from online forums such as this one and Dave stratweiser's Twitter.I guess I didn't see the point of the article other then the fact that he knows he's going to get "hits" when Joey Merlino is mentioned.

Re: scotts article philly joey merlino [Re: Themafia] #854720
08/07/15 05:13 PM
08/07/15 05:13 PM
S
scottburn Offline
Button
scottburn  Offline
S
Button
I concur there was no pressing, ,major breaking news in the most recent Philly article, but if you claim that my reporting in the past year on Gangster Report hasn't shed significant perspective and light on modern day Philly LCN affairs with George (my mentor by the way) for all intents and purposes off the daily local mob beat, you're just flat out wrong and hating to hate.
Scott

Last edited by scottburn; 08/07/15 05:14 PM.
Re: scotts article philly joey merlino [Re: scottburn] #854752
08/07/15 07:46 PM
08/07/15 07:46 PM
mchang93 Offline
Capo
mchang93  Offline
Capo
I concur there was no pressing, ,major breaking news in the most recent Philly article, but if you claim that my reporting in the past year on Gangster Report hasn't shed significant perspective and light on modern day Philly LCN affairs with George (my mentor by the way) for all intents and purposes off the daily local mob beat, you're just flat out wrong and hating to hate.
Scott

Keep doing what your doing, I enjoy the updates, not your fault Dem boys are keeping things quiet for most part.

Re: scotts article philly joey merlino [Re: TommyGambino] #854758
08/07/15 08:02 PM
08/07/15 08:02 PM
W
Wilson101 Offline
Underboss
Wilson101  Offline
W
Underboss
Originally Posted By: TommyGambino
TG:

Scott

I

Yes, I know they had a seat. When did I say they didn't? VegasMikey was obviously making it up then, he told me you gave him the information about a commission meeting in Detroit a few years back, obviously I didn't take him seriously.

I told you what? What the fuck are you talking about. My only interaction with you is trying to stop you from trolling philly threads and spread misinformation. I dunno if this is a weird joke or ?

Re: scotts article philly joey merlino [Re: Wilson101] #854768
08/07/15 08:33 PM
08/07/15 08:33 PM
T
TommyGambino Offline
Underboss
TommyGambino  Offline
T
Underboss
Originally Posted By: VegasMikey
Originally Posted By: TommyGambino
TG:

Scott

I

I told you what? What the fuck are you talking about. My only interaction with you is trying to stop you from trolling philly threads and spread misinformation. I dunno if this is a weird joke or ?

I just looked through my PM's, it's bobbyvegas that was talking that nonsense, my bad. I don't troll any threads, you clearly don't know what trolling means you utter spastic, I always give my reasoning, you just lick Scott's arse and pretend to be friends with connected guys and claim you contribute inside info to the board, which is utter bullshit.

Re: scotts article philly joey merlino [Re: Themafia] #854772
08/07/15 08:58 PM
08/07/15 08:58 PM
W
Wilson101 Offline
Underboss
Wilson101  Offline
W
Underboss
Thanks for not calling me a liar. I am who I claim I am wether you chose to believe it or not. I am around some of the people discussed in the philly threads. As far as "licking Scott's arse", I have defended him in the past when you constantly pop up in philly threads spreading baseless speculation and being dismissive about things you do not know. I come on here to interact with people about things that interest me, not to scare away journalists and posters who might share something interesting.

Re: scotts article philly joey merlino [Re: Themafia] #854774
08/07/15 09:05 PM
08/07/15 09:05 PM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
Don't know if this was mentioned before, but Scott isn't the only one who posts Stevie's pictures on other sites, with no credits at all. I don't think he writes articles based on the pictures, I think he just uses them to keep people reading the article. Pictures always make for a better read. Lol.

Re: scotts article philly joey merlino [Re: Wilson101] #854776
08/07/15 09:22 PM
08/07/15 09:22 PM
T
TommyGambino Offline
Underboss
TommyGambino  Offline
T
Underboss
Originally Posted By: VegasMikey
Thanks for not calling me a liar. I am who I claim I am wether you chose to believe it or not. I am around some of the people discussed in the philly threads. As far as "licking Scott's arse", I have defended him in the past when you constantly pop up in philly threads spreading baseless speculation and being dismissive about things you do not know. I come on here to interact with people about things that interest me, not to scare away journalists and posters who might share something interesting.

What baseless speculation? When it comes to Philly I don't speculate too much, as I don't know a whole lot. I try to stay out of the 'Is Joey really running things etec' You talk like I constantly talk about Scott, I have maybe in 4 or 5 threads on here, and I have well over a thousand posts and have been posting here for 3 years ffs.

Your around these people lol you get your info from Scott and run with it.

Last edited by TommyGambino; 08/07/15 09:24 PM.
Re: scotts article philly joey merlino [Re: scottburn] #854825
08/08/15 03:48 AM
08/08/15 03:48 AM
spmob Offline
Underboss
spmob  Offline
Underboss
Scott

I am not hating nor did I claim anything. I made a point to which you didn't respond. We aren't talking about the past. I am trying to understand what you were trying to accomplish with that article.I have praised some of your work on Detroit so I'm not one or your haters. If you claim to be the new George Anastasia or his predeccor when it comes to Philly you have a lot of work to do. There was nothing new in that article and to bring up GA in this discussion looks like pure name dropping. Didn't you get all worked up when HE didn't mention your name in an interview he did. You are not from philly so I find it hard to believe that you have similar sources. It takes time to build trust with sources and your a rookie when it comes to Philly. If not you would have had a little more for us as about phill, not just joey, that I'm sure mob watchers would have appreciated other than jacking info, some of which wasn't accurate(ie picture info), about Joey Merlino to get some traffic on your page. I have spoke to George a before about his work briefly and it took him years to get the few legit sources he had. He May have gave us repeated info as background but he didn't post stories just for the sake of posting. Again I don't want to come off to strong cause I appreciate what Your trying to do cause we need a new GA but you have some work to do before being close to what he was for Philly.

Last edited by spmob; 08/08/15 04:35 AM.
Re: scotts article philly joey merlino [Re: Themafia] #854828
08/08/15 04:27 AM
08/08/15 04:27 AM
spmob Offline
Underboss
spmob  Offline
Underboss
I also own 2 of your books and think you are a good writer. But in my opinion most of your articles on your site about Philly often seems recycled from various people and places with you adding your twist to it. That's fine if your going for that when writing about Philly on your site. Again, no hard feelings and I wish you the best. Just think of your audience when posting stories such as the last one

Re: scotts article philly joey merlino [Re: Themafia] #855048
08/09/15 03:41 PM
08/09/15 03:41 PM
S
scottburn Offline
Button
scottburn  Offline
S
Button
spmob,
Point taken, we can agree to disagree. But for the record, I never claimed to be the next GA. It is no secret he has mentored me since I was in law school in the early 2000s though (so the name drop accusation is probably a bit off) and I NEVER said anything about him not mentioning me in any intv as I can recall - if I had an issue like that I'd take it up w/ him myself.

Re: scotts article philly joey merlino [Re: spmob] #855060
08/09/15 04:27 PM
08/09/15 04:27 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: spmob
I also own 2 of your books and think you are a good writer. But in my opinion most of your articles on your site about Philly often seems recycled from various people and places with you adding your twist to it. That's fine if your going for that when writing about Philly on your site. Again, no hard feelings and I wish you the best. Just think of your audience when posting stories such as the last one

Just a thought , His site my get hits from regular folks that don't have a clue if it's year old news or yesterday.That may be most of his readers . Who knows !

Guys like you SP get it at the end of your block...

Cackling like a banty Rooster.

I love this," "I just love this."
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull