GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 109 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,095
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,355
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,487
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,216
Posts1,056,190
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: is micheal mancuso boss material? [Re: thebigfella] #852102
07/19/15 08:40 PM
07/19/15 08:40 PM
V
Vknicks Offline
Made Member
Vknicks  Offline
V
Made Member
My guess is he doesnt get out at his expected release date there will be new charges stemming from him running the family and they will nail him with a lengthy sentence, maybe life if he was involved in the meldish murder

Re: is micheal mancuso boss material? [Re: thebigfella] #852106
07/19/15 09:02 PM
07/19/15 09:02 PM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
Cheech, no I am from California.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: is micheal mancuso boss material? [Re: Vknicks] #852108
07/19/15 09:25 PM
07/19/15 09:25 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Vknicks
My guess is he doesnt get out at his expected release date there will be new charges stemming from him running the family and they will nail him with a lengthy sentence, maybe life if he was involved in the meldish murder

Wouldn't be the first time that the Feds resorted to such a tactic, that's for sure. And it wouldn't even have to be Meldish. They can recall any of the rats from ten years ago any time they want. The Feds are without conscience when it comes to restarting the clock on crimes where the statutes have clearly expired. There are documented instances of RICO dates restarting from scratch for things as innocent as a phone number showing up on a pen register.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: is micheal mancuso boss material? [Re: pizzaboy] #852110
07/19/15 09:35 PM
07/19/15 09:35 PM
D
Dwalin2011 Offline
Underboss
Dwalin2011  Offline
D
Underboss
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

Wouldn't be the first time that the Feds resorted to such a tactic, that's for sure. And it wouldn't even have to be Meldish. They can recall any of the rats from ten years ago any time they want. The Feds are without conscience when it comes to restarting the clock on crimes where the statutes have clearly expired. There are documented instances of RICO dates restarting from scratch for things as innocent as a phone number showing up on a pen register.

Even though that's a dishonest tactic, if I can just put in my two cents, Mancuso is one of those individuals who deserve it (if what I read about him is true). I am not saying that no mafioso deserves a second chance, some do, but the scumbag killed his wife over a petty argument. Gangster or no gangster, that's one low-life thing.

Willie Marfeo to Henry Tameleo:

1) "You people want a loaf of bread and you throw the crumbs back. Well, fuck you. I ain't closing down."

2) "Get out of here, old man. Go tell Raymond to go shit in his hat. We're not giving you anything."
Re: is micheal mancuso boss material? [Re: thebigfella] #852113
07/19/15 10:11 PM
07/19/15 10:11 PM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
Originally Posted By: thebigfella
Do the bonannos have any more made men left in canada?

In response to this, I don't believe so. I mean technically guys like Rocco Sollecito and Arcadi and Del Balso & Giordano ARE Bonannos. But they don't recognize the Bonanno banner period. They're a part of The Rizzuto Crime Family before anything else. Montagna was the last. And the Rizzuto/Bonanno relationship is pretty much history.

Re: is micheal mancuso boss material? [Re: Vknicks] #852128
07/20/15 12:12 AM
07/20/15 12:12 AM
In exile watching star wars an...
S
Skinny Offline
X
Skinny  Offline
X
S
Underboss
In exile watching star wars an...

agree with this completely

vknicks where are you from? ur posts are on point brother

Re: is micheal mancuso boss material? [Re: SonnyBlackstein] #852203
07/20/15 02:49 PM
07/20/15 02:49 PM
NE1020 Offline
Made Member
NE1020  Offline
Made Member
Originally Posted By: SonnyBlackstein
'By then'?
Honour is practically a myth in the history of LCN.
Look at the amount of rapists in LCN, the amount of guys who got whacked over money, power, jealousy etc etc. the amount of guys who moved H. Used H. Sold to kids. Extorted the poor working class. Their FELLOW paisan.
Honour? By then?
Never was to start with.

How many rapists have the LCN inducted into their families?

Re: is micheal mancuso boss material? [Re: thebigfella] #852216
07/20/15 04:30 PM
07/20/15 04:30 PM
new jersey
T
thebigfella Offline OP
Underboss
thebigfella  Offline OP
T
Underboss
new jersey
@Sinatraclub:correct me if i'm wrong but wasn't acardi kicking up to the bonannos before he went away? So it will be smart for the bonannos to back his bid to become boss, it willbe back to business as usual

"McGurn likes you, so I make you. So you are now one of us, if you fuck up, we take it out on McGurn. He is your sponsor. Fuck up, it's his ass. You work in his crew, he is your capo."
Re: is micheal mancuso boss material? [Re: thebigfella] #852243
07/20/15 07:13 PM
07/20/15 07:13 PM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
No he wasn't. Arcadi wasn't kicking up to anyone, let alone NY. Before Vito went to prison he severed ALL ties with the Bonannos and built his family as an independent one.

Re: is micheal mancuso boss material? [Re: SinatraClub] #852247
07/20/15 07:48 PM
07/20/15 07:48 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: SinatraClub
No he wasn't. Arcadi wasn't kicking up to anyone, let alone NY. Before Vito went to prison he severed ALL ties with the Bonannos and built his family as an independent one.

Not to mention the very small, minor detail that there's no way in Hell that the other American families would allow them to have a Canadian boss. Every crime becomes International, Interpol gets involved, and it attracts heat to people who don't need the aggravation. Besides, the Rizzuto/Bonanno relationship was over BEFORE Vito died. No one shed a tear in New York when Montagna got an early Thanksgiving present, which speaks volumes. Talk about a sacrificial lamb (which is ironically an Easter dinner whistle).

They can pick up the pieces if they keep doing what they're doing: Look to the old timers for leadership, and keep the lion's share of the activity out of the Bronx (where they were always a distant fourth to begin with).

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: is micheal mancuso boss material? [Re: NE1020] #852249
07/20/15 07:52 PM
07/20/15 07:52 PM
T
TommyGambino Offline
Underboss
TommyGambino  Offline
T
Underboss
Originally Posted By: NE1020
'By then'?
Honour is practically a myth in the history of LCN.
Look at the amount of rapists in LCN, the amount of guys who got whacked over money, power, jealousy etc etc. the amount of guys who moved H. Used H. Sold to kids. Extorted the poor working class. Their FELLOW paisan.
Honour? By then?
Never was to start with.

How many rapists have the LCN inducted into their families?

A lot more then you'd think imo. Sonny Franzese had a rape charge, so did Furnari, Mimi just a few I can think of off the top of my head.

Re: is micheal mancuso boss material? [Re: pizzaboy] #852262
07/20/15 09:58 PM
07/20/15 09:58 PM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

Not to mention the very small, minor detail that there's no way in Hell that the other American families would allow them to have a Canadian boss. Every crime becomes International, Interpol gets involved, and it attracts heat to people who don't need the aggravation. Besides, the Rizzuto/Bonanno relationship was over BEFORE Vito died. No one shed a tear in New York when Montagna got an early Thanksgiving present, which speaks volumes. Talk about a sacrificial lamb (which is ironically an Easter dinner whistle).

They can pick up the pieces if they keep doing what they're doing: Look to the old timers for leadership, and keep the lion's share of the activity out of the Bronx (where they were always a distant fourth to begin with).

Spot on, PB. Like I said before, The Bonanno/Rizzuto relationship had been dissolved before Vito even went to prison. And Vito himself was pretty adament about driving that home to the rest of his guys during his time on the street before Massino ratted him out, after the Sciascia murder. And it wasn't just Vito, none of his top guys, including Arcadi, trusted a Bonanno after that and Vitale lying to them about what had happened.

Re: is micheal mancuso boss material? [Re: thebigfella] #852290
07/21/15 01:00 AM
07/21/15 01:00 AM
new jersey
T
thebigfella Offline OP
Underboss
thebigfella  Offline OP
T
Underboss
new jersey
Vitale said the rizzutto crew was kicking up right until 2006

"McGurn likes you, so I make you. So you are now one of us, if you fuck up, we take it out on McGurn. He is your sponsor. Fuck up, it's his ass. You work in his crew, he is your capo."
Re: is micheal mancuso boss material? [Re: thebigfella] #852293
07/21/15 01:17 AM
07/21/15 01:17 AM
Alabama
D
dixiemafia Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
dixiemafia  Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
D
Underboss
Alabama
I still say Vitale and Massino were full of shit too, no way Vito was kicking up to him as far as 06. Arcadi wasn't kicking up either and he'll end up dead before he ends up being boss, you can just about bet on that. Most of the action against the Rizzuto's can be tied to his ways of running the family when Vito was in America. I still say the Sollecito's are in control (either Dad or Son) and I think Vito drove that home in the Cuba or Dominican meeting and everyone is behind them. Yes I think Arcadi makes a power play and yes I think he ends up dead unless he comes out and retires, that might save his life.

Re: is micheal mancuso boss material? [Re: thebigfella] #852294
07/21/15 01:18 AM
07/21/15 01:18 AM
Alabama
D
dixiemafia Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
dixiemafia  Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
D
Underboss
Alabama
And you have to remember who had what to gain by saying the Rizzuto's kicked up to Vitale. This should answer itself.

Re: is micheal mancuso boss material? [Re: thebigfella] #852297
07/21/15 01:24 AM
07/21/15 01:24 AM
M
mackinblack007 Offline
Capo
mackinblack007  Offline
M
Capo
how would he know? He flipped in 03.

Re: is micheal mancuso boss material? [Re: thebigfella] #852298
07/21/15 01:28 AM
07/21/15 01:28 AM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
100% with Dixie.

No way Vito was kicking up post Massino rolling.

No. Way.

MORGAN: Why didn't you fight him at the park if you wanted to? I'm not goin' now, I'm eatin' my snack.
CHUCKIE: Morgan, Let's go.
MORGAN: I'm serious Chuckie, I ain't goin'.
WILL: So don't go.
Re: is micheal mancuso boss material? [Re: mackinblack007] #852299
07/21/15 01:32 AM
07/21/15 01:32 AM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: mackinblack007
how would he know? He flipped in 03.

Think Dixie is referring to that blowhard Cicale.

MORGAN: Why didn't you fight him at the park if you wanted to? I'm not goin' now, I'm eatin' my snack.
Re: is micheal mancuso boss material? [Re: thebigfella] #852325
07/21/15 03:52 AM
07/21/15 03:52 AM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss

And Vitale was blowing smoke out of his ass with that claim.

I also agree that Arcadi would be dead before becoming boss in Montreal. As Dixie said, a lot of the Rizzuto trouble can be tied into Arcadi's decision making as boss. For example, Vito promoted amicable relationships with the black street gangs for the sake of business and profit. Arcadi simply wanted nothing to do with them and had an old world, bigoted view of things, which only created more enemies. His handling of the Pony Tail De Vito situation, De Vito simply wanted his piece of the pie after coming home from all those years in prison, Arcadi told him to fuck himself and then had his boss murdered.

Arcadi himself lost trust in the organization for basically paving the way for the buddy-buddy relationships that some of Vitos men developed with the 'Ndrangheta, himself being a Calabrian. However, Arcadi still has his loyalists, he'll make some noise, but he'll be ruffling too many feathers with that bid.

Last edited by SinatraClub; 07/21/15 03:59 AM.
Re: is micheal mancuso boss material? [Re: thebigfella] #852347
07/21/15 07:39 AM
07/21/15 07:39 AM
T
TommyGambino Offline
Underboss
TommyGambino  Offline
T
Underboss
I don't think Vitale said 2006 did he, He said until he flipped? Which is probably right.

Re: is micheal mancuso boss material? [Re: thebigfella] #852348
07/21/15 07:53 AM
07/21/15 07:53 AM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
But it isn't. We know this from guys like Adrian Humphreys and Antonio Nicaso. Vito severed ties with the Bonannos after the Sciascia murder. During meetings with Vitals, Vito would leave an empty seat next to his, which would be where Sciascia would've sat. After a couple of those in which Vitale did nothing but lie, Vito stopped answering to NY Bonannos all together. And his time spent on the street before he was indicted in the US was mostly spent enforcing that split and building his family up as an independent one. Vito stopped answering to Massino long before Massino flipped. So much so, that in the "Sixth Family", Vitale is also quoted as saying such, stating that it worried Massino. Without Vito's say, the Bonannos held no power in Canada. And Im sure Vito knew that at that point, Massino wasn't sending anyone to Canada to intimidate him. He would've been shipped back to NY in a box.

Last edited by SinatraClub; 07/21/15 07:54 AM.
Re: is micheal mancuso boss material? [Re: SinatraClub] #852350
07/21/15 08:03 AM
07/21/15 08:03 AM
T
TommyGambino Offline
Underboss
TommyGambino  Offline
T
Underboss
But it isn't. We know this from guys like Adrian Humphreys and Antonio Nicaso. Vito severed ties with the Bonannos after the Sciascia murder. During meetings with Vitals, Vito would leave an empty seat next to his, which would be where Sciascia would've sat. After a couple of those in which Vitale did nothing but lie, Vito stopped answering to NY Bonannos all together. And his time spent on the street before he was indicted in the US was mostly spent enforcing that split and building his family up as an independent one. Vito stopped answering to Massino long before Massino flipped. So much so, that in the "Sixth Family", Vitale is also quoted as saying such, stating that it worried Massino. Without Vito's say, the Bonannos held no power in Canada. And Im sure Vito knew that at that point, Massino wasn't sending anyone to Canada to intimidate him. He would've been shipped back to NY in a box.

Journalists, is it really fact?

Re: is micheal mancuso boss material? [Re: thebigfella] #852351
07/21/15 08:13 AM
07/21/15 08:13 AM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
Its more than likely so, considering the money, the territory, and Vito beginning his ventures in the DR prior to his arrest. All of which the Bonannos had no piece of. You can also look at the funerals, prior to Vito's incarceration, there were no Bonanno presence at the funerals of Rizzuto soldiers such as Guy Panepinto, which took place merely months after the Sciascia hit. And vice versa with NY.

Re: is micheal mancuso boss material? [Re: SinatraClub] #852355
07/21/15 08:35 AM
07/21/15 08:35 AM
T
TommyGambino Offline
Underboss
TommyGambino  Offline
T
Underboss
Its more than likely so, considering the money, the territory, and Vito beginning his ventures in the DR prior to his arrest. All of which the Bonannos had no piece of. You can also look at the funerals, prior to Vito's incarceration, there were no Bonanno presence at the funerals of Rizzuto soldiers such as Guy Panepinto, which took place merely months after the Sciascia hit. And vice versa with NY.

Maybe the funeral presence was a one off for Sciascia, as he came up in New York? I mean I know fuck all about Canada, but just find it odd how a journo would know intricate details about sit downs like bit about leaving a seat empty for Sciascia, makes fro good reading in books but just sounds a bit suspect as nobody rats over there, maybe it's just me.

Re: is micheal mancuso boss material? [Re: SinatraClub] #852363
07/21/15 09:30 AM
07/21/15 09:30 AM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
De Vito simply wanted his piece of the pie after coming home from all those years in prison, Arcadi told him to fuck himself and then had his boss murdered.

When was this, exactly?

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."
Re: is micheal mancuso boss material? [Re: TommyGambino] #852365
07/21/15 10:20 AM
07/21/15 10:20 AM
B
Blackjack2121 Offline
Underboss
Blackjack2121  Offline
B
Underboss
Originally Posted By: TommyGambino

Journalists, is it really fact?

I would take an informants word over a canadian journalist, or any journalist on matters such as these

Re: is micheal mancuso boss material? [Re: Blackjack2121] #852370
07/21/15 10:42 AM
07/21/15 10:42 AM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Blackjack2121
I would take an informants word over a canadian journalist, or any journalist on matters such as these

Really?

You'd take Casso's word over Capeci's?

Edit: I also find it interesting how you specify canadian journalist. As if a canadian journalist wouldnt be the authority on Canadian OC (as opposed to say who? A US one?).

Fox news thankfully still hasnt made its way north either.
Nor has the NY Post or other such rags.

Last edited by SonnyBlackstein; 07/21/15 10:45 AM.

Re: is micheal mancuso boss material? [Re: Sonny_Black] #852372
07/21/15 11:10 AM
07/21/15 11:10 AM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Sonny_Black
De Vito simply wanted his piece of the pie after coming home from all those years in prison, Arcadi told him to fuck himself and then had his boss murdered.

When was this, exactly?

I have to clarify, De Vito was on the run for the same scheme, he didn't serve time until he was caught, my mistake. But during this time, De Vito blamed the Rizzuto clan for the seizure of the cocaine by the RCMP, Gervasi was killed in '04, after his own money dispute with Arcadi. After this, De Vito himself and his ally Colapelle stopped kicking up to the Rizzutos. All of this is stated in Business And Blood. And Arcadi is just looked upon by some Rizzuto loyalists as unloyal and incapable of steering the ship.

@TommyGambino, No one rats publicly. But I'm sure just like in NY and Chicago, there are confidential informants. And guys who feel comfortable saying certain things to a well known Organized Crime reporter as long as he isn't named. Bottom line is, everything points to Vito no longer answering to the Bonannos after Sciascia was killed. And Sciascia wasn't a one off, there was no Bonanno presence at the funerals of Nick Jr and Nicolo.

And I really don't see how Humphreys & Nicaso's claims should be looked at as meritless, as opposed to Salvatore Vitale, when both Nicaso & Humphreys are two of the best and most knowledgeable experts of Canadian OC.

Last edited by SinatraClub; 07/21/15 11:27 AM.
Re: is micheal mancuso boss material? [Re: SonnyBlackstein] #852374
07/21/15 11:44 AM
07/21/15 11:44 AM
B
Blackjack2121 Offline
Underboss
Blackjack2121  Offline
B
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Blackjack2121

Really?

You'd take Casso's word over Capeci's?

Edit: I also find it interesting how you specify canadian journalist. As if a canadian journalist wouldnt be the authority on Canadian OC (as opposed to say who? A US one?).

Fox news thankfully still hasnt made its way north either.
Nor has the NY Post or other such rags.

Seeing that they, and Capeci get most of their info from the FBI, who get their most valuable info from informants...well yeah

Funny how you picked two extreme examples to compare though...Casso and Capeci (the foremost expert on the mafia), well at least he used to be...and the most disgraced rat...who couldnt even succeed at ratting cuz he was such an idiot.

Re: is micheal mancuso boss material? [Re: thebigfella] #852378
07/21/15 12:21 PM
07/21/15 12:21 PM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
Well, since some of us clearly disvalue the words of two renowned Canadian OC reporters, lets follow the word of the rat Vitale...

- As of the meeting in Montreal with the Bonanno admin consisting of Vitale, the underboss and Anthony Urso, Massino's consigliere and the Rizzutos, Sciascias murder had alienated Massino from The "Sixth Family", physically and emotionally, because with both LoPresti & Sciascia dead, there were no Montreal emissaries based in NY for Massino to go to.

- Massino sent them up there with the hopes of naming Vito, the new Captain of the Montreal faction. Vitale, claims that Vito scoffed at this idea and suggested to him that his 77-year old father, be named captain, something the NY guys didn't want, something Vito was well aware of.

- The author notes that the indifference Vitale and Urso received from Vito, seemed to mark the severing of ties between Montreal and NY. This was in 2001.

- Vitale really had no idea what Montreal was up to, and as an extension, neither did Massino. Vitale claims a captain, is supposed to have up to 10 soldiers in his crew, with as few as 3. Going by that, Vito was clearly offended with this Capo offer, when he commanded twice as many "made" Bonanno members in Canada and perhaps even more Sicilian Mafioso, who had strictly Rizzuto ties, no Bonanno ones. Vito told Vitale that with Sciascias death, 19 made men stood with him. A number that only included those who were made in America, and excluded the guys Vito and his father brought over and inducted themselves.

- Vitale having to ask, how many made men stood with Vito, also supports the fact of the Rizzutos independence. For had they had actually been subordinate to NY, then surely those names would've been known to Massino beforehand. They weren't.

- And here's the nail in the coffin to this Rizzuto kicking up until Massino flipped argument. "I think the last time I was in their presence when they brought money down was approximately '98,'99" Vitale said of the Montreal gangsters." He goes on to say that Montreal MAY have continued to tribute, but that he had no evidence of it and thus could not be sure.

An RCMP report also supports this, in which it states, "After the murder of Sciascia, the envelopes stopped coming from Canada."

Vitale was explicitly told by Vito, "We're our own little family, there's about 18, 20 of us and we stay by ourselves and everybody respects everybody else." Vitale got the message, because when he got back to NY, he told Massino, "They have their own little splinter group".

All of what I just stated, comes directly, more or less word for word from the Sixth Family book. Vito wasn't kicking up to NY anymore after Sciascias murder.

Last edited by SinatraClub; 07/21/15 12:28 PM.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull