GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 116 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,095
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,355
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,487
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,216
Posts1,056,190
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: How many of you carry a concealed weapon? [Re: Five_Felonies] #849026
06/30/15 11:09 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Five_Felonies
you can cook your own italain food some place else where you are allowed the right to protect yourself and your family

Between Publix and the Internet (for dry goods and canned imports), when we're in Florida, in this day and age there's very little that's only available in New York. It costs a little more for shipping. But compared to New York winters? Pffft.

Ten years ago? Different story. But times have changed. And no one is cooking me a better Italian meal than my wife or myself anyway. So there.

Besides, the Italian restaurants have really caught up down there lately, especially in Palm Beach County. And you've seen pictures of my Sig, FF. It travels well wink.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: How many of you carry a concealed weapon? [Re: Five_Felonies] #849027
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
forgive me, i'm sure i forgot a ton, this all comes from memory, but it's accurate.

That was my impression from what I've read. And, I read an article in the NYTimes a few years ago that proved your point: the people identified with having carry permits are very rich.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: How many of you carry a concealed weapon? [Re: Turnbull] #849028
06/30/15 11:17 PM
06/30/15 11:17 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Turnbull
forgive me, i'm sure i forgot a ton, this all comes from memory, but it's accurate.

That was my impression from what I've read. And, I read an article in the NYTimes a few years ago that proved your point: the people identified with having carry permits are very rich.

Quick hypocritical story: Robert DeNiro---one of the finest actors of all time, but INSANELY liberal---has a full carry permit in New York City. Good enough for him, but not good enough for John Q. Public?

And don't tell me that he needs it. He doesn't travel without an armed bodyguard. This I know for an absolute fact because I know the firm that he uses very well.

I went through Hell to get licensed up here (money, scrutiny, time and paperwork). Getting licensed in Florida was a day at the beach (no pun intended) compared to New York City.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: How many of you carry a concealed weapon? [Re: pizzaboy] #849044
07/01/15 01:59 AM
07/01/15 01:59 AM
Alabama
D
dixiemafia Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
dixiemafia  Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
D
Underboss
Alabama
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
And you've seen pictures of my Sig, FF. It travels well wink.

Don't think I've seen it yet. What model? I carry a P220 .45 that is a freaking beast. Was made in the mid 90's and one of the West German versions too. I even found a way to decipher the maker marks and found it was made in Kiel West Germany in 95 I think it was. Bought it from my cousin for $250 shhh He paid the same from an Alabama State Trooper who carried it and they changed guns so he sold it to my cousin for that and I got the same price. Well worth the money! I can pump a box of shells through her and she doesn't even need cleaning.

Jack was right on Alabama's laws. You pass the background you are good to go. No classes or tests here and honestly I wouldn't care if they did or not as I would pass anything they threw at me.

Re: How many of you carry a concealed weapon? [Re: pizzaboy] #849120
07/01/15 01:08 PM
07/01/15 01:08 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Quick hypocritical story: Robert DeNiro---one of the finest actors of all time, but INSANELY liberal---has a full carry permit in New York City. Good enough for him, but not good enough for John Q. Public?

Yes, he's one of those I read about in that article. The Times, which is off-the-charts anti-gun, had a sneering tone in that article.

The high-profile anti-gun crusaders tend to be identifiable as liberals. The high-profile pro-gun crusaders tend to be identifiable as conservatives. But, I don't see firearms as a partisan political issue. Here in AZ, gun owners, hobbyists, people who carry, are all across the political spectrum. It's safe here, too--thanks in part to a well-armed citizenry. If you have a good idea that the other guy's carrying, you tend not to pick fights.

Re: How many of you carry a concealed weapon? [Re: NE1020] #849172
07/01/15 03:51 PM
07/01/15 03:51 PM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
Alfanosgirl, in California they do a background check on you, you take a course and spend some time on the range, and must be at least 25 years of age to purchase a handgun. That use to be how you obtain a CWL in the state, but California keeps changing things, to have tougher gun laws. It has been half a decade since I have been to California, so much has changed.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: How many of you carry a concealed weapon? [Re: Turnbull] #849184
07/01/15 04:15 PM
07/01/15 04:15 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
It's safe here, too--thanks in part to a well-armed citizenry. If you have a good idea that the other guy's carrying, you tend not to pick fights.

Truer words have never been spoken.

Re: How many of you carry a concealed weapon? [Re: pizzaboy] #849807
07/04/15 07:30 PM
07/04/15 07:30 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline
Underboss
far, northwest
It's safe here, too--thanks in part to a well-armed citizenry. If you have a good idea that the other guy's carrying, you tend not to pick fights.

Truer words have never been spoken.

everybody carries in Idaho.

an armed society is a polite society.

" watch what you say around this guy, he's got a big mouth" sam giancana to an outfit soldier about frank Sinatra. [ from the book "my way"
Re: How many of you carry a concealed weapon? [Re: pizzaboy] #849810
07/04/15 08:14 PM
07/04/15 08:14 PM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss

And don't tell me that he needs it. He doesn't travel without an armed bodyguard. This I know for an absolute fact because I know the firm that he uses very well.

I went through Hell to get licensed up here (money, scrutiny, time and paperwork). Getting licensed in Florida was a day at the beach (no pun intended) compared to New York City.

I was introduced to DeNiro in the 80s by Joe Pesci he also lived in the Mayflower hotel back then. I met his driver he was just a young guy I guess was his secretary. Definitely not a body guard. At that time he walked every where close.

I guess he must have had a close call on the street later then he decided to get a real body guard. I don't blame him for getting a gun of his own.

I think a lot of celebrities changed what they did here in NY after Lennon was killed.

only the unloved hate
Re: How many of you carry a concealed weapon? [Re: NE1020] #849815
07/04/15 09:09 PM
07/04/15 09:09 PM
G
GaryMartin Offline
Underboss
GaryMartin  Offline
G
Underboss
Tn appears to be the same as Arizona; background check, one day course, $50 every 5 yrs. I believe this is correct.

Kimber, .45, custom shop. Only carry when I'm traveling. Also, Glock .40, double stack.

Hope I never have to use them.

Re: How many of you carry a concealed weapon? [Re: NE1020] #849821
07/04/15 11:26 PM
07/04/15 11:26 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline
Underboss
far, northwest
Kimber custom is one of the most expensive pieces one can buy.

that and a les baer custom.

you have a great pistol.

" watch what you say around this guy, he's got a big mouth" sam giancana to an outfit soldier about frank Sinatra. [ from the book "my way"
Re: How many of you carry a concealed weapon? [Re: NE1020] #849866
07/05/15 09:36 PM
07/05/15 09:36 PM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
So you guys ever use it in a life or death situation?

only the unloved hate
Re: How many of you carry a concealed weapon? [Re: NE1020] #849868
07/05/15 09:41 PM
07/05/15 09:41 PM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
I tell you why even if bobby d had a body guard why he got a gun of your own.

These guys are deterents. Are they stupid enough to step in front of a gun to save your ass smile?

I only knew one guy who was stupid enough to do something like that.

only the unloved hate
Re: How many of you carry a concealed weapon? [Re: NE1020] #849889
07/06/15 02:23 AM
07/06/15 02:23 AM
Alabama
D
dixiemafia Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
dixiemafia  Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
D
Underboss
Alabama
What do you mean footreads? Of course I would use my pistol if needed. I hope I never have to as well, but I wouldn't risk my families lives at all and would be quick to pull my Sig if needed.

Yes Binnie, Kimber's are GREAT pistols and very expensive. Hell I got my Sig at 1/4 of the price of a new one. Paid $250 for a Sig P220 with 2 clips, and mine is a West German model as well as I don't think Sig makes them over there anymore or at least not for the U.S. market. I think they are all made in Exeter NH now for the U.S. market.

What is bad is Colt charges the same prices as Sig and Kimber these days. I read where they were filing for bankruptcy not too long ago. What killed them was they quit making revolvers and charging Sig/Kimber prices.

Re: How many of you carry a concealed weapon? [Re: Footreads] #849928
07/06/15 02:54 PM
07/06/15 02:54 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Footreads
I tell you why even if bobby d had a body guard why he got a gun of your own.

These guys are deterents. Are they stupid enough to step in front of a gun to save your ass smile?

You've never heard of the Secret Service?

DeNiro's a hypocrite. He's a bleeding heart liberal in every way, shape and form. He's anti-gun, except when it comes to himself. He has money for bodyguards and he employs a full-time driver who's licensed to carry himself.

He needs to carry a gun like you need to go off your Thorazine.

Re: How many of you carry a concealed weapon? [Re: pizzaboy] #849932
07/06/15 03:24 PM
07/06/15 03:24 PM
New Jersey
Five_Felonies Offline
Underboss
Five_Felonies  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
DeNiro's a hypocrite. He's a bleeding heart liberal in every way, shape and form. He's anti-gun, except when it comes to himself. He has money for bodyguards and he employs a full-time driver who's licensed to carry himself.

people like him and oprah need to shut their hypocritical fucking mouths, but that's unlikely to happen. when you have big money, are able to hire armed bodyguards that likely cost more than most average people make a year, are able to live in gated communities/building with doormen and many levels of security then i don't think you "need" to carry a gun in nearly the same way that dan the bricklayer who lives in the south bronx or joe the roofer who lives in inglewood do. they should be allowed to though, but when the money and political connections allow them perks that people with a genuine need are disqualified from, something's very fucking rotten.

as far as kimbers go, from personal experience as well as what i've read they're a crapshoot, some work great and some are overpriced junk. another mark against kimber, being built in yonkers where again normal citizens are prohibited from owning them ensures that i'll never own one! the 1911 is a very outdated design, if you carry or rely on one for protection you better make sure it's finely tuned, including the ammo. to get anything even resembling glock or sig reliability you're going to have to fork over $3000+ for a real custom job from les baer, ed brown or wilson combat and even then the design itself just can't compete. stay away from models chambered in anything but .45acp and with anything other than a 5in barrel, the farther you stray from the original specs the greater the chance for problems to arise. for a true middle of the road 1911 that have received solid reviews, look at sig's lineup!

It's either blue cheese with wings or go fuck yer mudda!
Re: How many of you carry a concealed weapon? [Re: NE1020] #850019
07/06/15 10:34 PM
07/06/15 10:34 PM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
You will find a lot people in Los Angeles, even in SF that are like that. It is ok for them to carry a firearm, but not for the average citizen. I prefer revolves.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: How many of you carry a concealed weapon? [Re: dixiemafia] #850424
07/08/15 06:05 PM
07/08/15 06:05 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline
Underboss
far, northwest
Originally Posted By: dixiemafia
What do you mean footreads? Of course I would use my pistol if needed. I hope I never have to as well, but I wouldn't risk my families lives at all and would be quick to pull my Sig if needed.

Yes Binnie, Kimber's are GREAT pistols and very expensive. Hell I got my Sig at 1/4 of the price of a new one. Paid $250 for a Sig P220 with 2 clips, and mine is a West German model as well as I don't think Sig makes them over there anymore or at least not for the U.S. market. I think they are all made in Exeter NH now for the U.S. market.

What is bad is Colt charges the same prices as Sig and Kimber these days. I read where they were filing for bankruptcy not too long ago. What killed them was they quit making revolvers and charging Sig/Kimber prices.

yes, you are right about colt, they raised their prices a lot , then called their colt commanders "custom shop models" to justify a price hike.

and you are also correct in that they don't make their pythons revolvers anymore, and what is stupid is that hey dis continued their best seller the little 'dick special" one of their all time great sellers.

great company went stupid.

Re: How many of you carry a concealed weapon? [Re: Five_Felonies] #850579
07/09/15 07:39 PM
07/09/15 07:39 PM
Alabama
D
dixiemafia Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
dixiemafia  Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
D
Underboss
Alabama

people like him and oprah need to shut their hypocritical fucking mouths, but that's unlikely to happen. when you have big money, are able to hire armed bodyguards that likely cost more than most average people make a year, are able to live in gated communities/building with doormen and many levels of security then i don't think you "need" to carry a gun in nearly the same way that dan the bricklayer who lives in the south bronx or joe the roofer who lives in inglewood do. they should be allowed to though, but when the money and political connections allow them perks that people with a genuine need are disqualified from, something's very fucking rotten.

as far as kimbers go, from personal experience as well as what i've read they're a crapshoot, some work great and some are overpriced junk. another mark against kimber, being built in yonkers where again normal citizens are prohibited from owning them ensures that i'll never own one! the 1911 is a very outdated design, if you carry or rely on one for protection you better make sure it's finely tuned, including the ammo. to get anything even resembling glock or sig reliability you're going to have to fork over $3000+ for a real custom job from les baer, ed brown or wilson combat and even then the design itself just can't compete. stay away from models chambered in anything but .45acp and with anything other than a 5in barrel, the farther you stray from the original specs the greater the chance for problems to arise. for a true middle of the road 1911 that have received solid reviews, look at sig's lineup!

So far all the Kimber's I've come across have been great guns. To me the 1911's are outdated but yes they can be just as reliable as a revolver if you take care of it. My Sig stays "wet" as I clean it and leave a good bit of rust preventive and oil so everything moves smoothly. It still shoots like it did when it was just a few years old when I got it. Only bad thing is the springs in one of my clips have gone bad and it tries to put 2 into the chamber instead of one. Of course I now know which one it is and don't use it. Going to buy some new clips once I get back from this vacation. My buddy out here showed me his Desert Eagle .45 (not the big boys, just the regular 1911 version and it is sweet, I haven't shot it yet though. But it feels pretty damn sweet.

Re: How many of you carry a concealed weapon? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #850640
07/09/15 11:11 PM
07/09/15 11:11 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Originally Posted By: Binnie_Coll

yes, you are right about colt, they raised their prices a lot , then called their colt commanders "custom shop models" to justify a price hike.

I own an 80's vintage Colt Combat Commander. It's my most accurate-firing centerfire handgun.

Re: How many of you carry a concealed weapon? [Re: NE1020] #850651
07/10/15 01:46 AM
07/10/15 01:46 AM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
I was a body guard as a young kid. You really want to give a shit about the guy your protecting if not. He would be smart to own his own gun.

Do you own a gun that could knock a guy off his feet with one shot if you hit him in a none deadly spot like his shoulder?

only the unloved hate
Re: How many of you carry a concealed weapon? [Re: NE1020] #850652
07/10/15 01:56 AM
07/10/15 01:56 AM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
if I remember right The guy that shot John Lennon saw him in front of his building. Then he left then came back then shot him. If Lennon had a body guard could he have saved him? When he saw the guy the first time what would have done anything or nothing?

only the unloved hate
Re: How many of you carry a concealed weapon? [Re: Footreads] #850653
07/10/15 01:58 AM
07/10/15 01:58 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
I've long owned Sig Sauers. I upgraded to the P229R:357 Sig model over the winter. If I hit you in the shoulder, you're gonna feel it in the morning. But if you're within forty yards of me, and it's justifiable, you're getting hit right between the eyes. It ain't bragging when it's true.

Re: How many of you carry a concealed weapon? [Re: NE1020] #850655
07/10/15 02:17 AM
07/10/15 02:17 AM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
The problem with that even if it is justifiable you have to think first. Your at a disadvantage. Cops are pretty good shots until their in a gun fight. Then it goes out the window hard to stay calm. You might be different then most people.

only the unloved hate
Re: How many of you carry a concealed weapon? [Re: Footreads] #851022
07/11/15 11:18 PM
07/11/15 11:18 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Originally Posted By: Footreads
Do you own a gun that could knock a guy off his feet with one shot if you hit him in a none deadly spot like his shoulder?

Many if not most police forces have gone over to issuing .45 ACP to uniformed cops for that reason. It's the quintessential "big slow round"--maximum knockdown power in short-range exchanges. Most law enforcement will tell you that most good guy/bad guy exchanges happen at seven yards or less, which is why a lot of gun ranges have a lane marker at seven yards.

Re: How many of you carry a concealed weapon? [Re: Turnbull] #851097
07/12/15 02:32 PM
07/12/15 02:32 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline
Underboss
far, northwest

I own an 80's vintage Colt Combat Commander. It's my most accurate-firing centerfire handgun.

yes, as I mentioned I sold guns for 20 years, and the 7os or early 80s colt commander were always in high demand, I would put them along with the browing hi-power 9mm as a reliable piece as you will ever find.

however my carry gun is a ruger revolver 5 shot sp101, a great piece built like a bank vault, with my revolver I never have to worry about a jam, in a life or death confrontation.

Re: How many of you carry a concealed weapon? [Re: NE1020] #851148
07/12/15 08:12 PM
07/12/15 08:12 PM
ItalianForever Offline
Capo
ItalianForever  Offline
Capo
I have a concealed carry permit in my southern state. I have an assortment of firearms, from basic pistols to semi automatic 9mm's, shotguns and assault rifles. When I was living in New Jersey it was impossible to get a legal permit to carry, but it wasn't in the least bit hard for someone to get get their hands on one (not saying i did).

Re: How many of you carry a concealed weapon? [Re: pizzaboy] #851149
07/12/15 08:22 PM
07/12/15 08:22 PM
ItalianForever Offline
Capo
ItalianForever  Offline
Capo
I've long owned Sig Sauers. I upgraded to the P229R:357 Sig model over the winter. If I hit you in the shoulder, you're gonna feel it in the morning. But if you're within forty yards of me, and it's justifiable, you're getting hit right between the eyes. It ain't bragging when it's true.

Formal training (cops, military, gun range) always says "aim center mass", but that's not what they teach you growing up, its always "Aim for the head".

Last edited by ItalianForever; 07/12/15 08:23 PM.
Re: How many of you carry a concealed weapon? [Re: NE1020] #851152
07/12/15 08:40 PM
07/12/15 08:40 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline
Underboss
far, northwest
Italianforever, your avatar is making me hungry, on my way out the door, going to pizza hut.

Re: How many of you carry a concealed weapon? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #851154
07/12/15 08:43 PM
07/12/15 08:43 PM
ItalianForever Offline
Capo
ItalianForever  Offline
Capo
Italianforever, your avatar is making me hungry, on my way out the door, going to pizza hut.

It was a tip of the hat to pizzaboy on father's day. Gets' idea.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull