GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Ciment), 136 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,095
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,360
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,487
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,218
Posts1,056,203
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Benny Squints #847373
06/22/15 05:28 PM
06/22/15 05:28 PM
New York City
ovation32 Offline OP
Capo
ovation32  Offline OP
Capo
New York City
The more I read and research, the more I come back to my interest and confusion about Philip Lombardo. Following Vito's downfall, Benny Squints was the first person to seemingly institute order and control. His model for running the family lasted from 1969 until Chin was outed as boss. WHY do we know so little about him??? He must have been revered and respected (possibly more so than Chin . . . possibly not). Chin and most of the people you guys cite as "controlling the Genovese family" today must have personally known him. He must have personally known Castello, Luciano and Vito.

What gives!?

Last edited by ovation32; 06/22/15 05:28 PM.
Re: Benny Squints [Re: ovation32] #847385
06/22/15 07:21 PM
06/22/15 07:21 PM
N
Neo Offline
Underboss
Neo  Offline
N
Underboss
Nobody outside of OC gave a shit about Benny because he wasn't considered the boss and his inner circle probably didnt talk that much about him.

Benny was hardly a fitting media darling like Gotti or Merlino, just a "boring" old man like Danny Leo so he don't get no press coverage or people talking about him.

Vinny was on the family panel in the 70's when Benny was the boss and Benny later promoted Vinny to consigliere.

Last edited by Neo; 06/22/15 07:28 PM.
Re: Benny Squints [Re: Neo] #847416
06/23/15 12:32 AM
06/23/15 12:32 AM
New York City
ovation32 Offline OP
Capo
ovation32  Offline OP
Capo
New York City
You are quite right about all of that. But we know a lot about gangsters that were not media darlings and controlled far less of an empire than Lombardo did. I think there is an untold story here. I just don't know what it is.

Re: Benny Squints [Re: ovation32] #847418
06/23/15 01:57 AM
06/23/15 01:57 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: ovation32
I think there is an untold story here.

There is.

I just don't know what it is.

And you never will. Those guys didn't talk when they were alive. And most of them are dead now whistle.

He was the smartest boss of his era. The fact that he broke tradition by handpicking Vince as his successor tells you all you need to know about what kind of foresight the guy had. And the fact that the power base remained on 116th Street after Benny moved to Florida (even though Vince rarely left the Village), is what led the Feds to believe that Fat Tony was really The Boss.

Now, things obviously didn't work out so well for Fat Tony. But Vince not being dragged into the Commission Case altered mob history. Because the Genovese family picked up more construction contracts and held onto more unions after the Commission Case than any other family (but like I always say, they've always been tightly aligned with the Luccheses in construction).

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Benny Squints [Re: ovation32] #847420
06/23/15 02:03 AM
06/23/15 02:03 AM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
Regards the Luciano vs Carlo debate?

I'll take Benny.

MORGAN: Why didn't you fight him at the park if you wanted to? I'm not goin' now, I'm eatin' my snack.
CHUCKIE: Morgan, Let's go.
MORGAN: I'm serious Chuckie, I ain't goin'.
WILL: So don't go.
Re: Benny Squints [Re: ovation32] #847489
06/23/15 02:13 PM
06/23/15 02:13 PM
manchester uk
domwoods74 Offline
Underboss
domwoods74  Offline
Underboss
manchester uk
Innovator and the most underrated mob boss of all time . The end

Re: Benny Squints [Re: ovation32] #847491
06/23/15 02:30 PM
06/23/15 02:30 PM
New York City
ovation32 Offline OP
Capo
ovation32  Offline OP
Capo
New York City
How about photos? Does anyone have any of him other than the one on google search? Also, has anyone here made a FOIA request on him?

Re: Benny Squints [Re: pizzaboy] #847496
06/23/15 03:04 PM
06/23/15 03:04 PM
C
cookcounty Offline
Underboss
cookcounty  Offline
C
Underboss
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
I think there is an untold story here.

There is.

I just don't know what it is.

And you never will. Those guys didn't talk when they were alive. And most of them are dead now whistle.

He was the smartest boss of his era. The fact that he broke tradition by handpicking Vince as his successor tells you all you need to know about what kind of foresight the guy had. And the fact that the power base remained on 116th Street after Benny moved to Florida (even though Vince rarely left the Village), is what led the Feds to believe that Fat Tony was really The Boss.

Now, things obviously didn't work out so well for Fat Tony. But Vince not being dragged into the Commission Case altered mob history. Because the Genovese family picked up more construction contracts and held onto more unions after the Commission Case than any other family (but like I always say, they've always been tightly aligned with the Luccheses in construction).

the genovese became the strongest ny family when they start running this the chicago way

meaning using front bosses, triumvarites , etc to run the mob

Re: Benny Squints [Re: cookcounty] #847503
06/23/15 03:38 PM
06/23/15 03:38 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: cookcounty
the genovese became the strongest ny family when they start running this the chicago way

There's always been a strong connection between the Westside and the Outfit. Milwaukee Phil was originally from Yonkers, which is just north of the Bronx and kinda like an honorary "sixth borough."

Anyway, he always maintained close ties to the Bronx and Westchester wings of the Genovese Family. He was particularly close to a skipper named Larry "Black" Centore. I've heard that the Genovese guys and the Outfit guys would often vacation together out in Palm Springs. This was as far back as the '40s and '50s.

As an aside, there are more retired mob guys living in Palm Springs than just about anywhere else. I'm talking about guys who are literally a hundred years old lol.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Benny Squints [Re: ovation32] #847506
06/23/15 03:52 PM
06/23/15 03:52 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

Any pics of this guy around. He died in 87 was there a big send off. Guy is a mystery. Was he the guy breslin wrote about something along the lines he was a boss in the shadows. The bug in big pauls white house 83 84 no mention. Of him at all just fat Tony n chin.

Re: Benny Squints [Re: pizzaboy] #847508
06/23/15 04:05 PM
06/23/15 04:05 PM
Underground
Toodoped Offline
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Offline
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
There's always been a strong connection between the Westside and the Outfit. Milwaukee Phil was originally from Yonkers, which is just north of the Bronx and kinda like an honorary "sixth borough."

The Outfit/Genovese connection goes waaay back, Masseria/Capone, Luciano/Ricca, Giancana/Costello, Giancana/Catena etc. I dont know much about the New York mob and its origins, but if the Genovese fam originated from the Morello organization than the Chicago connection starts from there with Rosario Dispenza, but im not sure

He who can never endure the bad will never see the good
Re: Benny Squints [Re: ovation32] #847513
06/23/15 04:26 PM
06/23/15 04:26 PM
Secret location (WITSEC)
HairyKnuckles Offline
Underboss
HairyKnuckles  Offline
Underboss
Secret location (WITSEC)
No desire of getting into a debate here on Lombardo, but he was the official boss for only a brief time (in the early 1980s). This is clear reading his files. Funzi Tieri was the official Genovese boss for most of the 1970s, until he was taken down by the other Genovese powers. Oviation, weren´t you a member of this forum when I posted stuff from his files? You can find it by putting "Lombardo" in the searchfield and "HairyKnuckles" in the author´s name.

[Linked Image]
Re: Benny Squints [Re: ovation32] #847523
06/23/15 05:17 PM
06/23/15 05:17 PM
Quiet_Doms Offline
Capo
Quiet_Doms  Offline
Capo
When Vito departed for jail he left Tommy Eboli, Tony Bender Strollo, Jerry Catena, Mike Miranda and Benny Squints to rule as a panel. Although they held various positions within the Family, they were considered the administration. At this time Phil Lombardo was a soldier with influence who served under capo Mike Copolla. Also Phil was said to have been a protege of underboss Jerry Catena. In 1972, Catena stepped down and offered the postion to Phil. He accepted and served under Frank Tieri who supposedly held the title of boss. Phil actually handled the ongoings of the Family. Once Funzi was convicted in 1980 Benny Squints officially had the thrown. He held a brief reign between 80' & 81. Upon Lombardo's retirement Fat Tony was appointed as the new boss. He suffered a stroke soon after taking over leadership. While recuperating at his ranch in upstate NY Vincent Gigante seized power and demoted Fat Tony to soldier. Once Tony was able to tend to his rackets again he would be promoted to front boss.

Re: Benny Squints [Re: ovation32] #847631
06/24/15 01:44 PM
06/24/15 01:44 PM
nash143 Offline
Made Member
nash143  Offline
Made Member
As far as i can see, only 4 photos of him exist in the public domain. Guess that says a lot.

Re: Benny Squints [Re: Neo] #847646
06/24/15 03:16 PM
06/24/15 03:16 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: Neo
Nobody outside of OC gave a shit about Benny because he wasn't considered the boss and his inner circle probably didnt talk that much about him.

Benny was hardly a fitting media darling like Gotti or Merlino, just a "boring" old man like Danny Leo so he don't get no press coverage or people talking about him.

Vinny was on the family panel in the 70's when Benny was the boss and Benny later promoted Vinny to consigliere.

I think that Gigante being the consigliere think came from a misquote of Gravano in one of the mob books. I don't recall what book but I do remember it said Gravano had referred to Gigante as a captain and Gigante corrected him saying he (Gigante himself) was consigliere.

According to the document below, this is what was actually said:

On May 25, 1976 he returned to the Hospital for ten days. In that year Salvatore Gravano, a Member of the Gambino Family, had a problem with Vincent DiNapoli, a Member of the Genovese Family, involving the construction business. Gravano arranged to meet with Gigante, then a Genovese Captain, at Gigante's club, The Triangle Social Club, where signs on the wall read "The enemy is listening" and "Tough guys don't squeal."
At the meeting Toto Auriello, Gravano's Captain, introduced a man named Dom as a Captain in the Genovese Family. Gigante immediately corrected him, saying that Dom had become the Consigliere. As a result of the meeting Gigante agreed to communicate with DiNapoli and straighten out the problem. He then did so.
http://ny.findacase.com/research/wfrmDocViewer.aspx/xq/fac.19960515_0000096.ENY.htm/qx

Originally Posted By: cookcounty

They've been the strongest family since the beginning.

Originally Posted By: HairyKnuckles
No desire of getting into a debate here on Lombardo, but he was the official boss for only a brief time (in the early 1980s). This is clear reading his files. Funzi Tieri was the official Genovese boss for most of the 1970s, until he was taken down by the other Genovese powers. Oviation, weren´t you a member of this forum when I posted stuff from his files? You can find it by putting "Lombardo" in the searchfield and "HairyKnuckles" in the author´s name.

It is an old argument indeed. But I don't know what files you're referring to. It seems pretty clear from Vincent Cafaro's testimony, the extent of which can be found in the "25 Years After Valachi" report, that Tieri was official underboss/acting boss and never the official boss. The whole "Benny Squint was only boss for a short time" came from picasso on the RD forum. All things considered, I think Cafaro would be in a better position to know than picasso (who also claimed Fat Tony was the official boss too and Chin didn't become boss until after the Commission case - despite all the evidence to the contrary.)

Last edited by IvyLeague; 06/24/15 03:21 PM.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Benny Squints [Re: IvyLeague] #847716
06/25/15 02:50 AM
06/25/15 02:50 AM
Secret location (WITSEC)
HairyKnuckles Offline
Underboss
HairyKnuckles  Offline
Underboss
Secret location (WITSEC)
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague

It is an old argument indeed. But I don't know what files you're referring to. It seems pretty clear from Vincent Cafaro's testimony, the extent of which can be found in the "25 Years After Valachi" report, that Tieri was official underboss/acting boss and never the official boss. The whole "Benny Squint was only boss for a short time" came from picasso on the RD forum. All things considered, I think Cafaro would be in a better position to know than picasso (who also claimed Fat Tony was the official boss too and Chin didn't become boss until after the Commission case - despite all the evidence to the contrary.)

Old argument indeed. It doesn´t come from Picasso though, but from Lombardo´s files. A dozens of informants, or let me put it this way...on a dozens of occassions (both in Lombardo´s and Tieri´s files) informants identify Tieri as the official boss and Lombardo as a captain (later as the consigliere before he suffered a massive stroke which sidelined him for years). I have no clue why Cafaro testified and said the things he said. It´s possible that Lombardo was able in some cases to manipulate and control Tieri in much same way as Persico was with DiBella and that made Cafaro believe Lombardo was stronger and more powerful. Perhaps that´s what he is referring to in the testimony but words it incorrectly. In Lombardo´s files, there is a small chart showing Lombardo as a captain, Tieri as the boss. It´s based on information from CI´s. I have showed you parts of this chart over on the other site, don´t you remember?

[Linked Image]
Re: Benny Squints [Re: ovation32] #847719
06/25/15 03:59 AM
06/25/15 03:59 AM
D
Dwalin2011 Offline
Underboss
Dwalin2011  Offline
D
Underboss
In your opinion, didn't the other 4 families know who was in real power in the Genovese family during those times, that Lombardo was the "power behind the throne" or whatever, or was it only the law enforcement that took the bait? I mean, was this whole "conspiracy" and "front bosses" thing aimed only at law enforcement or was it meant to confuse the other families also?

Willie Marfeo to Henry Tameleo:

1) "You people want a loaf of bread and you throw the crumbs back. Well, fuck you. I ain't closing down."

2) "Get out of here, old man. Go tell Raymond to go shit in his hat. We're not giving you anything."
Re: Benny Squints [Re: Dwalin2011] #847727
06/25/15 05:04 AM
06/25/15 05:04 AM
D
DiMaggio Offline
Button
DiMaggio  Offline
D
Button
Originally Posted By: Dwalin2011
In your opinion, didn't the other 4 families know who was in real power in the Genovese family during those times, that Lombardo was the "power behind the throne" or whatever, or was it only the law enforcement that took the bait? I mean, was this whole "conspiracy" and "front bosses" thing aimed only at law enforcement or was it meant to confuse the other families also?

Don't know about all the family's, but a Dec 12 1984 conversation recorded at the Palma Boys between Tony Salerno and Tony Ducks seems to indicate that at least the Lucchese knew about it.
Salerno was speaking about having one of his guys chase off another guy for coming around after he had been warned to stay away...

Salerno: well, sure enough he goes down there, and this guy gives him a whack...this kid goes to his mother, his brother goes to Ben. He sends that wiseguy to knock that fucking Carmines head off.
I come in Monday, he's telling me the story. I said "Ben, hey, what the fuck, you, you put me on...you gave me a fucking job over here, do you want me to take care of it or don't you?

Corallo: But does he reason with him?

Salerno: No

Corallo: Did you reason with him?

Salerno: He, he just lets you know about it. He just lets you know about it. I don't know what to do. I swear I don't. The first time I ever had an argument with him. So fucking disgusted with myself. I said "well, we gotta live with this guy". Yeah, I told him.

Corallo: You cant do that, see, you gonna, you gonna let this run from here downtown, is that what you want to do?...you wanna say "I throwed the fucking thing out". You want it, and you have to run downtown when you want something done?

Salerno: No, I'll retire. I don't need that

Corallo: I know you'll retire. I know you'll retire
Salerno: Fuck that shit. I wont take orders from that guy.

The conversation demonstrates that Salerno was not impressed that Lombardo(Ben) and Gigante(downtown reference)had second guessed him after giving him a job to do (front boss/street boss)and that Salerno was tiring of his own no-win role and would "retire" if things didn't change.
The fact Corallo brought up the downtown reference as to where Salerno got his orders from suggests he was at least aware of the setup.

Re: Benny Squints [Re: Dwalin2011] #847729
06/25/15 05:09 AM
06/25/15 05:09 AM
Secret location (WITSEC)
HairyKnuckles Offline
Underboss
HairyKnuckles  Offline
Underboss
Secret location (WITSEC)

Tieri was no front boss. He was the official boss. And it wasn´t like Lombardo in some sick twisted way was above Tieri rank wise and nobody knew about it. My explanation for what Cafaro testified (that Lombardo was the boss) is based on my assumption that Lombardo was somehow able to manipulate Tieri when some decisions had to be made. That´s just my assumption and take on what Cafaro said when he testified.. Not totally out of place, bosses sometimes consults with their underlings (other ranking members of the Family) when decisions has to be made. In fact, they do this very often. In Tieri´s case, Lombardo who had always been held in high esteem by the members, seems to have been one of those kind of underlings.

Edit - And just for the record, I´m talking about the Tieri/Lombardo situation. With the Salerno/Gigante situation I totally agree with Cafaro. Gigante was the boss.

[Linked Image]
Re: Benny Squints [Re: DiMaggio] #847730
06/25/15 05:21 AM
06/25/15 05:21 AM
Secret location (WITSEC)
HairyKnuckles Offline
Underboss
HairyKnuckles  Offline
Underboss
Secret location (WITSEC)
Originally Posted By: DiMaggio

Don't know about all the family's, but a Dec 12 1984 conversation recorded at the Palma Boys between Tony Salerno and Tony Ducks seems to indicate that at least the Lucchese knew about it.
Salerno was speaking about having one of his guys chase off another guy for coming around after he had been warned to stay away...

Salerno: well, sure enough he goes down there, and this guy gives him a whack...this kid goes to his mother, his brother goes to Ben. He sends that wiseguy to knock that fucking Carmines head off.
I come in Monday, he's telling me the story. I said "Ben, hey, what the fuck, you, you put me on...you gave me a fucking job over here, do you want me to take care of it or don't you?

Corallo: But does he reason with him?

Salerno: No

Corallo: Did you reason with him?

Salerno: He, he just lets you know about it. He just lets you know about it. I don't know what to do. I swear I don't. The first time I ever had an argument with him. So fucking disgusted with myself. I said "well, we gotta live with this guy". Yeah, I told him.

Corallo: You cant do that, see, you gonna, you gonna let this run from here downtown, is that what you want to do?...you wanna say "I throwed the fucking thing out". You want it, and you have to run downtown when you want something done?

Salerno: No, I'll retire. I don't need that

Corallo: I know you'll retire. I know you'll retire
Salerno: Fuck that shit. I wont take orders from that guy.

The conversation demonstrates that Salerno was not impressed that Lombardo(Ben) and Gigante(downtown reference)had second guessed him after giving him a job to do (front boss/street boss)and that Salerno was tiring of his own no-win role and would "retire" if things didn't change.
The fact Corallo brought up the downtown reference as to where Salerno got his orders from suggests he was at least aware of the setup.

To tell you the truth, DiMaggio, I can´t understand what the two of them are talking about. The quote is taken out of its context and could mean just about anything.

[Linked Image]
Re: Benny Squints [Re: HairyKnuckles] #847802
06/25/15 02:40 PM
06/25/15 02:40 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Old argument indeed. It doesn´t come from Picasso though, but from Lombardo´s files. A dozens of informants, or let me put it this way...on a dozens of occassions (both in Lombardo´s and Tieri´s files) informants identify Tieri as the official boss and Lombardo as a captain (later as the consigliere before he suffered a massive stroke which sidelined him for years). I have no clue why Cafaro testified and said the things he said. It´s possible that Lombardo was able in some cases to manipulate and control Tieri in much same way as Persico was with DiBella and that made Cafaro believe Lombardo was stronger and more powerful. Perhaps that´s what he is referring to in the testimony but words it incorrectly. In Lombardo´s files, there is a small chart showing Lombardo as a captain, Tieri as the boss. It´s based on information from CI´s. I have showed you parts of this chart over on the other site, don´t you remember?

No, I don't remember. And it seems to be the general consensus among writers like Capeci and Raab, as well as current or former LE people, that what Cafaro said was true and Tieri and Salerno were acting bosses for Lombardo and Gigante. Though one could argue, as Capeci did, that it's all academic to a point.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Benny Squints [Re: ovation32] #847817
06/25/15 03:41 PM
06/25/15 03:41 PM
nash143 Offline
Made Member
nash143  Offline
Made Member
Having searched for Lombardo on Mary Ferrell, in one account it states...

"On March 28th, 1967, NK T-2 (informant) stated that Philip Lombardo, also known as Benny Squint, of Englewood, New Jersey, has been made boss of the entire LCN by Vito Genovese."

Although I realise, this remark doesn't prove anything, it's still interesting.

Re: Benny Squints [Re: ovation32] #847829
06/25/15 04:22 PM
06/25/15 04:22 PM
Alabama
D
dixiemafia Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
dixiemafia  Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
D
Underboss
Alabama
One thing I've noticed is that it seems most rats still seem to lie or tell "fishy things" in court. Just like when Massino claimed Sonny Black was killed because of a power play, I truly think like most he was killed over the Donnie Brasco fiasco. The Feds might believe that b.s. but I sure as hell don't. To save face Massino had to send a message and that is what he done. I'm not sure if they ever asked him why he was going to kill Lefty, but why else would he pop him as well? Because of the Donnie Brasco deal that's why, but yet he claimed "under oath" (b.s.) it was because of "moves". I doubt Sonny Black would have made a true power play as long as Rusty was alive. It seemed like Massino he respected Rusty and wasn't going to try and overthrow him.

So I always take what they say with a grain of salt, even under oath.

Re: Benny Squints [Re: HairyKnuckles] #848346
06/28/15 06:04 AM
06/28/15 06:04 AM
Chicago
C
CabriniGreen Offline
Underboss
CabriniGreen  Offline
C
Underboss
Chicago
Its not out of context and no the quote cant mean"just about anything" lol...

Re: Benny Squints [Re: ovation32] #848347
06/28/15 06:07 AM
06/28/15 06:07 AM
Chicago
C
CabriniGreen Offline
Underboss
CabriniGreen  Offline
C
Underboss
Chicago
This is why Fbi guys actually have audibility experts or whatever, and why say a guy from brooklyn, or the streets in general is more qualified to be chasing these guys, cause they get the lingo. Its like the wire episode when they listen to a reup but because they dont get the dialect they dont know what the fuck is being said, or if people speak in code or a scicilian dialect...

Re: Benny Squints [Re: HairyKnuckles] #848349
06/28/15 06:11 AM
06/28/15 06:11 AM
Chicago
C
CabriniGreen Offline
Underboss
CabriniGreen  Offline
C
Underboss
Chicago
In the Mary Ferrel document, it states Lombardo was made capo of the coppola crew, fat tony was his acting, and that Vito Genovese Loved Benny. Its clear that Genovese loved chin too. So the guys in charge are the guys closest to Vito, not really complicated aT ALL...

Re: Benny Squints [Re: ovation32] #848350
06/28/15 06:13 AM
06/28/15 06:13 AM
Chicago
C
CabriniGreen Offline
Underboss
CabriniGreen  Offline
C
Underboss
Chicago
And dont get caught up with titles,look at the POWER,LOOK AT THE INFLUENCE...

Re: Benny Squints [Re: IvyLeague] #848352
06/28/15 06:27 AM
06/28/15 06:27 AM
Chicago
C
CabriniGreen Offline
Underboss
CabriniGreen  Offline
C
Underboss
Chicago
I disagree on the genovese being the strongest family since the beginning. Thats Chicago, people seem to not get that the Chicago syndicate basically PREDATES the Comission, and was out earning every New York family during the Capone era, dont even try to dispute this...

Re: Benny Squints [Re: ovation32] #848371
06/28/15 12:20 PM
06/28/15 12:20 PM
Hudson County NJ
D
DB Offline
Underboss
DB  Offline
D
Underboss
Hudson County NJ
Benny almost certainly most influential WS that not many discuss

Definately a starter on the all star team

A ghost with tremendous power

Re: Benny Squints [Re: CabriniGreen] #848399
06/28/15 03:12 PM
06/28/15 03:12 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: CabriniGreen
I disagree on the genovese being the strongest family since the beginning. Thats Chicago, people seem to not get that the Chicago syndicate basically PREDATES the Comission, and was out earning every New York family during the Capone era, dont even try to dispute this...

One can dispute it for several reasons. Most individual families predate the formation of the Commission. And the Genovese family has always been the top family. That's a fact whether you realize it or not.

Last edited by IvyLeague; 06/28/15 03:14 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull