GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 110 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,095
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,355
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,487
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,216
Posts1,056,190
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Opinion of Rudy Giuliani as mayor [Re: Binnie_Coll] #846233
06/15/15 01:06 AM
06/15/15 01:06 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Binnie_Coll
no, we don't have barney fife, but if a guy wanted to sell a couple of cigarettes on the street here in CDA, the cops would not kill him.

I'll take Manhattan. You can keep your view of the deer grazing at the pond. But to each his own.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Opinion of Rudy Giuliani as mayor [Re: Alfa Romeo] #846234
06/15/15 01:14 AM
06/15/15 01:14 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Alfa Romeo
True rockstar, I misread posts, but that's because of quickly skimming them. Did I reside in NYC during "Giuliani Time!" ?

You Betcha.

And anyone from here knows exactly what Guiliani Time meant.

I'm here going on 56 years old so I guess that includes "Giuliani Time." And I don't agree with "And anyone from here knows exactly what Giuliani Time meant." So please don't make a blanket statement that incudes myself ever again. Thank you in advance.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Opinion of Rudy Giuliani as mayor [Re: rockstar_man45] #846235
06/15/15 01:26 AM
06/15/15 01:26 AM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline
Underboss
far, northwest
Originally Posted By: rockstar_man45
I don't have a great deal of respect for guiliani. The main thing people give him credit for, and maybe he deserves it, is the crime fighting prowess. But from what I understand, that was just his implimentation of the broken glass theories of the Manhattan Institute. Beyond that, he was incompetent as a mayor and at being a human.

Here you have a guy who crossdresses, married his 1st cousin, released the sealed records of a murdered victim of police brutality thus revealing that, gasp, the guy once punched someone in the face, big deal. Here you have a so-called mayor who in response to police brutality complaints then arms the police with hollow point bullets to use against civilians with the excuse that they are "safer" because they will explode on impact and not pass through a target thus hitting someone behind them. Here you have a guy who had a reputation as THE mob buster, and IMHO all he did was make sure the mafia survived by redirecting prosecutions to ten or so guys at the top instead of damn near everyone in Ozone Park, Mulbery Street, Bensonhurst, or you name it. He did not put in the leg work directing the surveillance teams, the crime family squads, flipping perps to become informants, etc. He stole Walter Mack's recognition for his hard work and achievements and protected the mafia. His ability to misappropriate the glory of real policemen and law enforcement tells me all I need to know, or want to know, about that guy.

great post alfa, I am one guy who completely agrees with you, crime-buster my ass, he's a shameless self-serving egomaniac. and deserves no respect.

And you would know this because you're a smart, worldly, well educated individual? rolleyes

Please. I'll take the opinions of people who ACUTALLY lived in New York under the time of Guiliani as mayor and his time as DA. I also have an aunt, uncle, and numerous friends who remember life under Rudy Guiliani as the mayor. Was he perfect man? Absolutely not and people will have different opinions him. The problem is yours is based on virtually nothing.

Alfa same goes for you. Especially when you misread posts as often as you do

my opinons of this guy are hearing him, and seeing him,and no matter how much you slander any one who disagrees with you, you will never change their opinion.

everyone has a right to their opinion, so take your cheap shots and shove them.

" watch what you say around this guy, he's got a big mouth" sam giancana to an outfit soldier about frank Sinatra. [ from the book "my way"
Re: Opinion of Rudy Giuliani as mayor [Re: Binnie_Coll] #846237
06/15/15 01:55 AM
06/15/15 01:55 AM
Good ole USA
R
rockstar_man45 Offline
Capo
rockstar_man45  Offline
R
Capo
Good ole USA
I don't have a great deal of respect for guiliani. The main thing people give him credit for, and maybe he deserves it, is the crime fighting prowess. But from what I understand, that was just his implimentation of the broken glass theories of the Manhattan Institute. Beyond that, he was incompetent as a mayor and at being a human.

Here you have a guy who crossdresses, married his 1st cousin, released the sealed records of a murdered victim of police brutality thus revealing that, gasp, the guy once punched someone in the face, big deal. Here you have a so-called mayor who in response to police brutality complaints then arms the police with hollow point bullets to use against civilians with the excuse that they are "safer" because they will explode on impact and not pass through a target thus hitting someone behind them. Here you have a guy who had a reputation as THE mob buster, and IMHO all he did was make sure the mafia survived by redirecting prosecutions to ten or so guys at the top instead of damn near everyone in Ozone Park, Mulbery Street, Bensonhurst, or you name it. He did not put in the leg work directing the surveillance teams, the crime family squads, flipping perps to become informants, etc. He stole Walter Mack's recognition for his hard work and achievements and protected the mafia. His ability to misappropriate the glory of real policemen and law enforcement tells me all I need to know, or want to know, about that guy.

great post alfa, I am one guy who completely agrees with you, crime-buster my ass, he's a shameless self-serving egomaniac. and deserves no respect.

And you would know this because you're a smart, worldly, well educated individual? rolleyes

Please. I'll take the opinions of people who ACUTALLY lived in New York under the time of Guiliani as mayor and his time as DA. I also have an aunt, uncle, and numerous friends who remember life under Rudy Guiliani as the mayor. Was he perfect man? Absolutely not and people will have different opinions him. The problem is yours is based on virtually nothing.

Alfa same goes for you. Especially when you misread posts as often as you do

my opinons of this guy are hearing him, and seeing him,and no matter how much you slander any one who disagrees with you, you will never change their opinion.

everyone has a right to their opinion, so take your cheap shots and shove them.

I'm not saying you don't have a right to your opinion. Everyone does. Everyone from the KKK right down to feminazis and communists.

You may watch Guiliani from a TV or read about him in a newspaper, but I doubt you have the perspective to judge him as accurately as native New Yorkers who lived during his time as Mayor. That's all I'm saying

Re: Opinion of Rudy Giuliani as mayor [Re: Revis_Knicks] #846238
06/15/15 01:58 AM
06/15/15 01:58 AM
Good ole USA
R
rockstar_man45 Offline
Capo
rockstar_man45  Offline
R
Capo
Good ole USA
Yeah and seriously what the fuck does "Guiliani Time" even mean?

When I made reference to him in my response to you Alfa, I said 'Guiliani's time as mayor'. The two don't even compare. One sounds like a dance floor phrase, the other simple references his achievements and positions he had as the mayor of New York.

By the way, if you quickly skim posts like you said you do, is it any wonder you made a BS comment?

Re: Opinion of Rudy Giuliani as mayor [Re: rockstar_man45] #846240
06/15/15 02:36 AM
06/15/15 02:36 AM
Alfa Romeo Offline
Underboss
Alfa Romeo  Offline
Underboss
Yeah and seriously what the fuck does "Guiliani Time" even mean?

When I made reference to him in my response to you Alfa, I said 'Guiliani's time as mayor'. The two don't even compare. One sounds like a dance floor phrase, the other simple references his achievements and positions he had as the mayor of New York.

By the way, if you quickly skim posts like you said you do, is it any wonder you made a BS comment?

Giuliani Time was a joke around here. When a cop by the name of Justin Volpe rammed a wooden plunger up the backside of an arrestee, the complaint stated that right before he took the plunge, he said "It's Giuliani Time!" The complaint may not be entirely true, and the mantra Giuliani Time may have never been said, but the plunger was used and the arrestee needed hospitalization and won a ton of money, our money, as residents of NYC. But you see, that's part of the game. The officer is never sued. His hometown never pays a nickel. The money is divested from the community he is beating up with nightsticks and toilet plungers, thus impoverishing an area already beset with inferior services due to supposed lower tax revenues.

That's what Giuliani Time meant.

"For us, rubbin'out a Mustache was just like makin' way for a new building, like we was in the construction business."
Re: Opinion of Rudy Giuliani as mayor [Re: Alfa Romeo] #846241
06/15/15 03:04 AM
06/15/15 03:04 AM
H
ht2 Offline
Capo
ht2  Offline
H
Capo
But you see, that's part of the game. The officer is never sued. His hometown never pays a nickel. The money is divested from the community he is beating up with nightsticks and toilet plungers, thus impoverishing an area already beset with inferior services due to supposed lower tax revenues.

This has nothing to do with Giuliani as mayor.. every mayoral administration is beset with civil lawsuits. Political enemies would certainly tried to associate the two by innuendo or otherwise.

Re: Opinion of Rudy Giuliani as mayor [Re: Revis_Knicks] #846243
06/15/15 03:53 AM
06/15/15 03:53 AM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
I think Guliani was a good mayor. He never would have been elected if it was not for the bozo Dinkins.

I hated the comb over that he had. Big time Yankee fan.

Diblasio go to any Yankee games? A lot more gun crimes under Diblasio why is that?

Diblasio who does he marry a self proclaimed lesbian smile it true he is a stud who can get a lesbo to fall in love with a man.

only the unloved hate
Re: Opinion of Rudy Giuliani as mayor [Re: Revis_Knicks] #846258
06/15/15 09:43 AM
06/15/15 09:43 AM
R
Revis_Knicks Offline OP
Was: Revis_Island
Revis_Knicks  Offline OP
R
Underboss
DeBlasio is a met fan though. But I get what you're saying. Sometimes I wonder if all of the Hillary Clinton hype is just brought on by her and her camp because I really never see anybody around who has anything positive to say about her. Maybe everywhere I go is a republican area. People always ask me if I'm a republican or democrat but I'm really more of an independent who leans to the right. If a democratic candidate comes along who is really great who deserves to get in over the republican I'll vote for him. But I haven't seen a case in which that has happened in a while. I've stuck with the republicans for a really long time. Don't forget that around the time Nixon was in office republicans and democrats kind of reversed views. If you're a republican today then years ago you would be a democrat based on your views and vice versa.

Re: Opinion of Rudy Giuliani as mayor [Re: Revis_Knicks] #846266
06/15/15 11:52 AM
06/15/15 11:52 AM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Giuliani was a leader. Compare NYC in the aftermath of the terrorist attacks to New Orleans after Katrina, and you'll know exactly what I mean.

Could Giuliani be abrasive? Yes. Is he an egomaniac? Clearly. Every great leader is. He accomplished what was once thought to be impossible. He had the balls to make unpopular statements and stand by them.

He attended as many funerals of the 9/11 victims as he could. He hugged and comforted as many families as possible. He was the one bright spot in those days.

Will he be President? Never. He's too liberal for the right and has too much personal baggage. I wish that he had run for governor instead of President, though. He would have made a great governor for NY.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Opinion of Rudy Giuliani as mayor [Re: Revis_Knicks] #846275
06/15/15 12:39 PM
06/15/15 12:39 PM
Anytown, USA
goombah Offline
goombah  Offline

Anytown, USA
Well said, Sicilian Babe. His leadership in the aftermath of 9/11 was a tremendous thing not only for NYC, but for the country.

Guiliani was far from perfect, but his legacy (in my mind) will be forever linked to 9/11.

Re: Opinion of Rudy Giuliani as mayor [Re: Alfa Romeo] #846281
06/15/15 03:29 PM
06/15/15 03:29 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck

Again, as I said overnight (and you never replied to), that's what "Giuliani Time" meant to you. So please don't imply that all New Yorkers feel that way.

Re: Opinion of Rudy Giuliani as mayor [Re: pizzaboy] #846287
06/15/15 04:41 PM
06/15/15 04:41 PM
Alfa Romeo Offline
Underboss
Alfa Romeo  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

Again, as I said overnight (and you never replied to), that's what "Giuliani Time" meant to you. So please don't imply that all New Yorkers feel that way.

Certainly. For those here outside of NY, I think it's fair to say that everyone in NYC certainly didn't have the same opinion about it (the phrase Giuliani Time).

Of course maybe there are many NYC residents who never heard the phrase, or saw the photo of the restaurant with the mannequin out front holding a plunger with the caption underneath..."It's Giuliani Time!" There are still many people out there who don't follow the news or politics. That type of person might sound like a hick, but we actually need them to keep society civil.

"For us, rubbin'out a Mustache was just like makin' way for a new building, like we was in the construction business."
Re: Opinion of Rudy Giuliani as mayor [Re: Revis_Knicks] #846289
06/15/15 04:48 PM
06/15/15 04:48 PM
Good ole USA
R
rockstar_man45 Offline
Capo
rockstar_man45  Offline
R
Capo
Good ole USA
I don't see how one gungho cop run amok makes Guiliani a bad mayor or his policies bad. You're talking about isolated incidents not the overall effectiveness of his policies.

Re: Opinion of Rudy Giuliani as mayor [Re: rockstar_man45] #846291
06/15/15 05:07 PM
06/15/15 05:07 PM
Alfa Romeo Offline
Underboss
Alfa Romeo  Offline
Underboss
rockstar, as much as some would like to separate Giuliani from the actions of a few rogue officers on the police force, the truth is that he was always the first to associate himself with them and defend them, no matter what.

When Patrick Dorismond was shot dead, Giuliani rushed into the archives and released a sealed criminal record. The stunning revelation? The guy punched someone in the face once upon a time. That was it. But Giuliani did that in a hurry to prejudice any judge or jury in the police's favor. He did all of that before any of the facts were even known. He was "NYC's mayor", but he took sides against one of NYC's own unarmed citizens.

For Giuliani, whenever someone got shot by the police, it was:

Cops +1
subhumans 0

and 'Go Jets!'

Re: Opinion of Rudy Giuliani as mayor [Re: Alfa Romeo] #846293
06/15/15 05:18 PM
06/15/15 05:18 PM
Good ole USA
R
rockstar_man45 Offline
Capo
rockstar_man45  Offline
R
Capo
Good ole USA
rockstar, as much as some would like to separate Giuliani from the actions of a few rogue officers on the police force, the truth is that he was always the first to associate himself with them and defend them, no matter what.

When Patrick Dorismond was shot dead, Giuliani rushed into the archives and released a sealed criminal record. The stunning revelation? The guy punched someone in the face once upon a time. That was it. But Giuliani did that in a hurry to prejudice any judge or jury in the police's favor. He did all of that before any of the facts were even known. He was "NYC's mayor", but he took sides against one of NYC's own unarmed citizens.

For Giuliani, whenever someone got shot by the police, it was:

Cops +1
subhumans 0

and 'Go Jets!'

And now you have an asshole like DeBlasio who has disrespected the police force and undermined them to the point where crime is going up again. It'll continue to go up as long as you have that momo in office.

I'd take a leader Guiliani that defends his own, rather than a weak fool who parades his biracial family like a circus act.

Re: Opinion of Rudy Giuliani as mayor [Re: rockstar_man45] #846297
06/15/15 05:28 PM
06/15/15 05:28 PM
Alfa Romeo Offline
Underboss
Alfa Romeo  Offline
Underboss
From what I've seen of DiBlasio, he's not a person of high moral code. His son is biracial or black, yet he would not sign the bill into law making deadly choke holds banned by the NYPD illegal.

That tells someone like me a lot.

Re: Opinion of Rudy Giuliani as mayor [Re: Alfa Romeo] #846309
06/15/15 06:09 PM
06/15/15 06:09 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck

Certainly. For those here outside of NY, I think it's fair to say that everyone in NYC certainly didn't have the same opinion about it (the phrase Giuliani Time).

That type of person might sound like a hick, but we actually need them to keep society civil.

I really hope to God that you're not implying that I'm a hick. A 55-year-old third generation New York City resident. Because that's just the sort of thing that would throw all of my good humor out the fucking window.

Re: Opinion of Rudy Giuliani as mayor [Re: Revis_Knicks] #846353
06/15/15 07:59 PM
06/15/15 07:59 PM
H
ht2 Offline
Capo
ht2  Offline
H
Capo
Giuliani and Bloomberg policies vindicated:

ATF To Join NYPD In Fighting NYC Gun Crimes..
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2015/06/15/cbs2-exclusive-atf-gun-crime/

Re: Opinion of Rudy Giuliani as mayor [Re: rockstar_man45] #846356
06/15/15 08:07 PM
06/15/15 08:07 PM
H
ht2 Offline
Capo
ht2  Offline
H
Capo
I don't see how one gungho cop run amok makes Guiliani a bad mayor or his policies bad. You're talking about isolated incidents not the overall effectiveness of his policies.

It has nothing to do with Mayor Giuliani, the phrase was contrived as propaganda to associate bad cops behavior with the Mayor. Mayor of Baltimore is black yet I don't see anyone making the same association with bad cop behavior in that city, except when they were told to stand down during the riots.

Re: Opinion of Rudy Giuliani as mayor [Re: pizzaboy] #846365
06/15/15 10:00 PM
06/15/15 10:00 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
I'm trying to show what a funny guy I can be lol.

"You're a funny guy...the way you tell the story..." lol

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: Opinion of Rudy Giuliani as mayor [Re: pizzaboy] #846384
06/16/15 12:51 AM
06/16/15 12:51 AM
Alfa Romeo Offline
Underboss
Alfa Romeo  Offline
Underboss

That type of person might sound like a hick, but we actually need them to keep society civil.

I really hope to God that you're not implying that I'm a hick. A 55-year-old third generation New York City resident. Because that's just the sort of thing that would throw all of my good humor out the fucking window.

I wasn't referring to you. I was painting a more accurate picture of New York City as a whole: Anti giuliani, Pro giuliani, and those who don't know and don't care. Some people are actually "apolitical".

Re: Opinion of Rudy Giuliani as mayor [Re: Alfa Romeo] #846387
06/16/15 02:31 AM
06/16/15 02:31 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Some people are actually "apolitical".

Unfortunately, the political extremes on both sides have had me headed in that direction for some time now.

Re: Opinion of Rudy Giuliani as mayor [Re: Revis_Knicks] #846394
06/16/15 03:56 AM
06/16/15 03:56 AM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
Who was Mayor when they shot the innocent black guy apx 50 times in the housing projects?

What was their procedure hid behind a wall. Then empty their guns multiple times
Before looking at who they were shooting at or if he was even hit. The poor guy was even hit in the sole of his foot multiple times.

Who should be blamed for that?

only the unloved hate
Re: Opinion of Rudy Giuliani as mayor [Re: Footreads] #846460
06/16/15 02:21 PM
06/16/15 02:21 PM
Alfa Romeo Offline
Underboss
Alfa Romeo  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Footreads
Who was Mayor when they shot the innocent black guy apx 50 times in the housing projects?

What was their procedure hid behind a wall. Then empty their guns multiple times
Before looking at who they were shooting at or if he was even hit. The poor guy was even hit in the sole of his foot multiple times.

If you're referring to Amadou Diallo who was killed in the doorway of his own apartment building with 40 to 50 shots and was unarmed, the mayor would have been giuliani.

Re: Opinion of Rudy Giuliani as mayor [Re: Footreads] #846468
06/16/15 03:26 PM
06/16/15 03:26 PM
H
ht2 Offline
Capo
ht2  Offline
H
Capo

Logically whoever fired the shots.

Re: Opinion of Rudy Giuliani as mayor [Re: Revis_Knicks] #846471
06/16/15 03:36 PM
06/16/15 03:36 PM
H
ht2 Offline
Capo
ht2  Offline
H
Capo
Comparative number of murders in NYC:

Mayor Dinkins years
Year Murders
1990 -- 2245 <--highest in NYC history
1991 -- 2154
1992 -- 1995
1993 -- 1946

Mayor Giuliani years
Year -- Murders
1994 -- 1561
1995 -- 1177
1996 -- 983
1997 -- 770
1998 -- 633
1999 -- 671
2000 -- 673
2001 -- 649

Mayor Bloomberg's last year the number of murders was 332 (lowest since 1928). Deblasio first year the murders went down to 328.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_New_York_City

Last edited by ht2; 06/16/15 03:45 PM.
Re: Opinion of Rudy Giuliani as mayor [Re: rockstar_man45] #846555
06/16/15 11:27 PM
06/16/15 11:27 PM
R
Revis_Knicks Offline OP
Revis_Knicks  Offline OP
R
Underboss

Agreed

Re: Opinion of Rudy Giuliani as mayor [Re: Footreads] #846557
06/16/15 11:31 PM
06/16/15 11:31 PM
R
Revis_Knicks Offline OP
Revis_Knicks  Offline OP
R
Underboss

Dinkins. I think at least. It's what he'll always be remembered for because he took the side of a criminal before a police officer who was in danger at the time. It was something like that at least.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull