GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
4 registered members (DiLorenzo, Ciment, Captbony1999, 1 invisible), 100 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,094
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,353
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,485
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,214
Posts1,056,168
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: A Sign of the Times [Re: Ted] #840989
05/06/15 02:03 PM
05/06/15 02:03 PM
S
Scorsese Offline
Underboss
Scorsese  Offline
S
Underboss
You guys hear about may weathers problems with his former manager j prince a while back. Apparently he had some guys with guns go to mayweathers training and beat his business partner and some other people up. Floyd went running to bob arum and arum paid prince off.

Quote:
"Mayweather also found himself in some trouble when he was in a fierce contractual battle with former manager James Prince. Top Rank stepped in and advanced him $610,000 to settle with Prince, and also cut Prince a check for 20 percent of Mayweather's $3.05 million dollar purse for fighting Phillip Ndou.
The situation with Prince, a well known figure in the rap world, escalated to a dangerous level when several men showed up to the Top Rank Gym on September 11, 2003 and roughed up Leonard Ellerbe and former camp member Thomas Summers, sending both to the hospital.
Mayweather's camp has never confirmed the story, but both DuBoef and Arum claimed to have saved a "shaken" Floyd Mayweather, Jr., who told DuBoef 'These are bad guys, you have to help me save my family.'
"I said, 'Let me give James a letter of credit,' " Arum said. "And Floyd said -- I'll never forget it -- 'James don't take no letter of credit.' "
Apparently there's source claiming a gun was involved.

"Hey, listen, at the end of the day, when I look at guys, and some rappers that I ain't going to mention, that talk about gangsta, talk about street, talk about going to jail, talk about being hard on the street, that remind of Floyd Mayweather. Floyd Mayweather is no tough guy. And Floyd Mayweather can tell you about, and Ellerbe can tell you about when a couple of guys came up in Top Rank's gym and they was taking two to three weeks to scrub blood out of the stains of the carpet that was in there. Where was the gangsta then? See, they know I know." - Bernard Hopkins

Re: A Sign of the Times [Re: NickyScarfo] #841320
05/09/15 11:34 AM
05/09/15 11:34 AM
Hudson County NJ
D
DB Offline
Underboss
DB  Offline
D
Underboss
Hudson County NJ
I wasn't there but a friend in the scene was at the boxing match last night at the Pru center in Newark . Some young Italian local kid was fighting , I think crom Passaic , he got knocked out

But anyway several WS and L guys were there . I heard it was a good showing for the guys . Apparently most of them earned the more dangerous way rather than legit .

Anyway just passing it along given this recent post and at least for this fight , a lot of the boys were out and yes their seats were good lol

Last edited by DB; 05/10/15 04:09 PM.
Re: A Sign of the Times [Re: pizzaboy] #841407
05/10/15 03:59 AM
05/10/15 03:59 AM
22 Offline
Underboss
22  Offline
Underboss
your dead on PB,from watching that mvie ''Raging Bull' the mob controlled everything,it's like you have had to take a dive to get shot at title.Also in ''American Gangster'' about Frank Lucas,that's where his problems started.No one even knew who he was and then he shows up at fight with this expensive fur type coat and hat,sitting in the front row.Went downhill for him after that.

Re: A Sign of the Times [Re: NickyScarfo] #841409
05/10/15 05:02 AM
05/10/15 05:02 AM
B
bronx Offline
Underboss
bronx  Offline
B
Underboss
sign of the times.. JR and Alite swinging it out on a computer, with families sitting ring side rooting.. I can bet there are many wise guys that stay home and play grand theft auto for hours a day..

Re: A Sign of the Times [Re: NickyScarfo] #841476
05/10/15 04:31 PM
05/10/15 04:31 PM
Hudson County NJ
D
DB Offline
Underboss
DB  Offline
D
Underboss
Hudson County NJ
I know that's the popular story on Lucas but he was known by LE enforcement before then

That coat certainly brought unneeded additional heat but they were after him before that , thats just Lucas's version

Ritchie Roberts is still a somewhat active guy in the newark area , helping raise money for his old high school , he is from Weequaick , which was a nice Jewish neighborhood in his time with some Italians but is now a war zone . anyway I heard from the horses mouth about that fur coat story

Re: A Sign of the Times [Re: NickyScarfo] #841495
05/11/15 12:18 AM
05/11/15 12:18 AM
22 Offline
Underboss
22  Offline
Underboss
very interesting DB Thanks

Re: A Sign of the Times [Re: 22] #841518
05/11/15 09:04 AM
05/11/15 09:04 AM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
@DB,

yeah Weequahic, Vailsburg, and Forest Hills were some of the really nice sections of Newark pre riots (and for some time after)

BEAUTIFUL homes,high performing schools,etc

I never attended neighborhood schools but schools open to kids from around the city...and the kids from Weequahic were snobs.

The problem was a whole lot of kids from those areas felt like they had to prove to the world that they were just as tough as the kids from the projects. Eventually these wannabes succeeded in ruining their own neighborhoods and making them just as bad as the old projects on Prince Street.

Never the same after the dawn of the crack era.

Anyway...there's a doc. about Richie Roberts and other alum trying to restore that high school and neighborhood.

Re: A Sign of the Times [Re: NickyScarfo] #841519
05/11/15 09:54 AM
05/11/15 09:54 AM
Merica
NickyWhip Offline
Capo
NickyWhip  Offline
Capo
Merica
Great thread. Just read it top to bottom.

I like the Hopkins comment because he's from Philly and it's true funny. Plus I don't like Floyd's attitude. I think he's one of the best of his era; not in his weight classes.

The people on this thread are some of my valued posters on this site.

+1

Last edited by NickyWhip; 05/11/15 09:57 AM.

Boss of tha toilet!
Re: A Sign of the Times [Re: getthesenets] #841521
05/11/15 10:59 AM
05/11/15 10:59 AM
Hudson County NJ
D
DB Offline
Underboss
DB  Offline
D
Underboss
Hudson County NJ
Yeah that sounds about right plus back then newark was very territorial so they also had to protect their neghborgood from the surrounding towns but at one time Weequaic was one of the best schools around

My lord Vailsburg is bad , anywhere around that city of Irvington is just sad . Completely lawless and i mean completely , then again if u have balls and like value , those Irvington go gos ain't so bad

Btw - nice avatar , IMO that is by far the best made and most realistic show that was on TV . Wey- Bey was always my favorite

Re: A Sign of the Times [Re: DB] #841527
05/11/15 12:01 PM
05/11/15 12:01 PM
B
BKLYN2NASSAU Offline
Button
BKLYN2NASSAU  Offline
B
Button
Originally Posted By: DB
Yeah that sounds about right plus back then newark was very territorial so they also had to protect their neghborgood from the surrounding towns but at one time Weequaic was one of the best schools around

My lord Vailsburg is bad , anywhere around that city of Irvington is just sad . Completely lawless and i mean completely , then again if u have balls and like value , those Irvington go gos ain't so bad

Btw - nice avatar , IMO that is by far the best made and most realistic show that was on TV . Wey- Bey was always my favorite

Good post DB

Re: A Sign of the Times [Re: DB] #841539
05/11/15 01:25 PM
05/11/15 01:25 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
@DB,

I'm old enough to remember when Irvington was called "Ghost town" because they had tough police officers who enforced town curfew. Literally NO foot traffic in the town after 7pm. Again, this is mid 1980s. And again..wannabe tough guys who lived there ruined that town slowly.

Nothing I hate more than kids who live in quiet safe neighborhoods who want to play "gangster".

That town was always...and is still known for factories and strip clubs. If you've ever seen the film Belly, the strip club shootout between Rico and Method Man took place in a famous strip club there. Right along the GSP.Your man,Weebay appeared briefly in a few scenes in Belly.

Thanks about the avi, tribute to the actor Jamie Hector my fellow Ayisyen. My "paisan".

Doc. about efforts of alum to restore Weeqhahic is called "Heart of Stone"

Re: A Sign of the Times [Re: Scorsese] #841540
05/11/15 01:39 PM
05/11/15 01:39 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Scorsese
You guys hear about may weathers problems with his former manager j prince a while back. Apparently he had some guys with guns go to mayweathers training and beat his business partner and some other people up. Floyd went running to bob arum and arum paid prince off.

Scorsese,

J. Prince's name has been ringing since I've been listening to Mr. Scarface, back when he had a different last name. Heard a lot of stories about this guy..rather not repeat some of the ones that haven't been confirmed but YES...I read about the situation with Floyd. I wonder where all of the Mayweather goons and hangers on were when those 5th Ward boys ran up on them.

I'm from the old school and maybe a bit naive so it's hard for me to be scared of a person who isn't physically intimidating and whenever I saw pics of J. he looked like a preacher of a small church or an accountant....but if one third of the stories are true......he's one scary dude.

Recently, ex NBA player Steve Francis got his chain snatched on stage....on camera...and J. made a phone call and got it back.

Re: A Sign of the Times [Re: NickyScarfo] #841571
05/11/15 05:27 PM
05/11/15 05:27 PM
Hudson County NJ
D
DB Offline
Underboss
DB  Offline
D
Underboss
Hudson County NJ
Ha that Rico dude cracked me up , big banana chunks on his lips , dropping dimes on his comp

Never heard about this Prince dude

Floyd will be liked by his boys until his $ runs out

Ali daughter tore him to shreds in an interview and in a respectful way , saying he is just a lil boy with money and some power , she was spot on

Re: A Sign of the Times [Re: DB] #841620
05/12/15 06:51 AM
05/12/15 06:51 AM
cheech Offline
Underboss
cheech  Offline
Underboss

D thought Wey-Be was gonna popp him but he just wanted to look out for his fish.

When Interpol?
Re: A Sign of the Times [Re: DB] #841634
05/12/15 08:00 AM
05/12/15 08:00 AM
S
Scorsese Offline
Underboss
Scorsese  Offline
S
Underboss

Never heard about this Prince dude

A BRIEF HISTORY OF HOUSTON RAP EXECUTIVE J. PRINCE DEFENDING EVERYONE FROM THE GETO BOYS TO DRAKE
BRIEF HISTORIES
By Brandon Caldwell

James Prince is a man of few words. Yet when the Houston OG speaks, things move. There’s an interview on YouTube from 2012 in which Prince, CEO of Rap-A-Lot Records and boxing promoter, is discussing a potential bet with 50 Cent over a fight between Andre Ward & Andre Dirrell. “I’m not about that lip wrasslin’,” he says in a thick drawl. “If I say it, I mean it.”

Those sentiments were echoed last week when Prince extended what he called a “courtesy call” to Lil Wayne, Birdman, Diddy, and Suge Knight over improprieties issued towards his family and in particular, Drake. “Drake is family. And the weak shit from Puffy & Suge is on my radar,” Prince says on the call. “First of all, Puffy, feelin’ like he can put his hands on my family … opened the doors for his family to be touched. You reap what you sow.” The entire 1:49 message can be heard below.

Diddy is most likely in J. Prince’s crosshairs because of that incident when Puffy punched Drake in December at Club Liv in Miami, allegedly from a dispute over the rights to the song “0-100.” Why is Suge mentioned given the fact that he, Irv Gotti, and Prince were pretty much the “big bad wolves” of rap figureheads in the 90s? Suge’s aligned himself with Lil Wayne, who forever has earned the scorn of the Prince family due to Wayne’s and Cortez Bryant’s (Wayne’s manager) alleged mishandling of Drake’s royalties and money owed to Prince’s son, Jas.

“Lil Wayne is a [fa***t], his manager is a drunk, and his lawyer is a thief,” Prince says on “Courtesy Call.” “So fuck all of them together, disrespectful lil’ punks.”

Whenever J. Prince checks someone, these “courtesy messages” are issued before things get out of hand. He issued one toward Charlamange Tha God over disparaging Drake constantly on The Breakfast Club on New York’s Power 105.1. He’s done so repeatedly on records throughout the history of Rap-A-Lot Records—named after his older brother Sir Rap-A-Lot—going back as far as tapes in the late 80s and early 90s. He’s the original manager of Floyd “Money” Mayweather, whom he met while trying to get Mike Tyson to join his clientele. Floyd himself has an interesting story of leaving Prince’s management in 2003, one that alleges Prince had goons rough up Mayweather’s right hand man Leonard Ellerbe at a gym.

There are stories about Prince that sound like hip-hop fables. Tall tales, like the rumor that Scarface was able to set foot in dangerous Chicago hoods because of Prince’s relationship with Gangster Disciples’ founder Larry Hoover. Or the story of Prince sending a goon to knock out a bootlegger but refuse to do so because cameras were around. It’s hard to believe that a man who may not stand any taller than 5’9” is arguably the most feared figure in the history of Southern hip-hop. It might also be hard to believe that this guy is one of Drake’s most ardent supporters. But J. Prince has plenty of credibility in the music world to back up whatever he’s saying. The blueprint he forged with Rap-A-Lot helped set the foundation for other labels built on the Southern rap aesthetic such as No Limit, Cash Money, and Suave House. Prince still soldiers on, almost in a rather unique position as the most beloved boogeyman to ever come out of Houston, Texas.

RAP-A-LOT AND SUCCESS

Prince formed Rap-A-Lot Records in 1987 as a way to keep his brother off the streets. A used car salesman with a hell of a sales pitch, Prince had a connection not only with street guys but athletes as well. The itch to make a dollar, however, consumed him. “I grew up where poverty was a serious burden on my family and that had a major part in my mind developing,” he told Andrew Noz in a 2012 profile for NPR. “I wanted to break that poverty curse that existed.”

The original lineup for the Geto Boys didn’t even feature Scarface but rather a lineup of Raheem, Sir Rap-A-Lot, and DJ Ready Red, along with Prince Johnny C. Any record from the group’s 1988 debut Making Trouble sounds like Peewee’s Playhouse in comparison to their more refined, darker material. From the moment Scarface and Willie D joined the group in 1989 and subsequently released Grip It! On That Other Level, things swung in Rap-A-Lot’s favor. Soon they became Houston’s version of Def Jam, housing acts such as the forever introverted Z-Ro (in the early 2000s following his stint with Screwed Up Click), Devin the Dude, Do or Die (one of the few non-Houston acts to crack big on the label), Big Mike, and both members of UGK, who each released highly acclaimed solo albums on the label.

Rap-A-Lot’s core, however, was gangsta rap and the earliest stages of horrorcore. Ganksta N-I-P’s South Park Psycho, which was released in 1992, followed the Geto Boys’ dark and brooding movement with small tinges in traditional G-funk. South Park Psycho was followed in that vein by Big Mike’s Havin’ Thangs and Big Mello’s Funkwitchamind in 1994.

Prince has admitted that the Rap-A-Lot formula—an indie releasing constant albums and crafting enough of a force that major label distributors such as Priority—may never be repeated again, or at least not to the success he and labels soon after had. At the moment, Rap-A-Lot isn’t releasing the full swath of albums it did in its heyday, and Prince has let it be known publicly that he’s fallen a bit out of love with the music industry.

“This whole game right now is a game that I'm not that excited about anymore because of the new structure and all these different ways of being able to get music without paying,” he told NPR in 2012. “It kind of kills my spirit from an entrepreneurial perspective.”

BECOMING THE BOOGEYMAN

Controversy and J. Prince have damn near been bedfellows ever since the Geto Boys originally faced conflict over getting distribution from David Geffen when they were signed to Def America. Geffen pulled the Geto Boys’ self-titled major label debut LP in 1990 over its explicit content. Prince alleged racism on Geffen’s behalf, and Geffen responded, issuing a statement that, according to the New York Times, said, “While it is not imperative that lyrical expressions of even our own Geffen artists reflect the personal values of Geffen Records, the extent to which 'The Geto Boys' album glamorizes and possibly endorses violence, racism and misogyny compels us to encourage Def American to select a distributor with a greater affinity for this musical expression.'”

According to rap urban legend, J. Prince allegedly stepped in to defend Pimp C after he and Master P got into a disagreement over whether Pimp was properly compensated for his work on P’s “Break Em Off Something” track from The Ice Cream Man in 1996. Master P allegedly kidnapped and pistol-whipped the UGK rapper over some of the latter’s remarks. But, allegedly, when he called J. Prince for a green light to kill Pimp C over the disrespect, Prince furiously told P not to harm Pimp C and to let him go. Although nobody ever admitted the story on record, the lyrics on Pimp C’s 2005 song “I Know U Strapped” seem to back it up.

Perhaps the most famous J. Prince move of all occurred in 2000 after Scarface released his Last Of A Dying Breed LP, which features taunts at Drug Enforcement Agency officer Jack Schumacher and other agents. A 12-year investigation conducted by DEA agent Ernest Howard, which began in 1988, targeted Prince and Rap-A-Lot Records for involvement in drug distribution concluded suspiciously when then Attorney General Janet Reno canned the probe into the label. A rumor spread that the case had been withdrawn due to political pressure after Prince supposedly donated $200,000 to then-Vice President Al Gore’s presidential campaign, although government officials and Rap-A-Lot spokespeople denied the claim, according to MTV.

Democratic California representative Maxine Waters intervened on Prince’s behalf, writing Reno a letter detailing how Prince and associates feared for their lives due to “police harassment and excessive force,” while Howard, on behalf of the DEA, testified in a congressional hearing that he ended the investigation for fear of agents’ lives and safety.

DRAKE AND RAP-A-LOT

For many, J. Prince is the man who lets his voice drag and punch people in the throat on the intro tracks of Rap-A-Lot albums. He dragged former associates of his, the prosecutor Paula Goodheart, and Lil Troy on Scarface’s Emeritus album. He was the voice who led Bun B’s classic Trill album in 2005 and who celebrated the return of The Geto Boys with The Foundation in 2005. Even if his hand is strongly in the boxing arena, he still has a presence in rap through his son, Jas.

Jas Prince discovered Drake from the days of the Toronto rapper releasing tracks on MySpace, right before Comeback Season truly took hold, when Drizzy’s style was heavily influenced by Phonte of The Foreign Exchange and Little Brother. Jas brought Drake not only to Lil Wayne but also to his father. That’s why J. Prince’s name is included as executive producer for Thank Me Later & Nothing Was The Same. Prince joked during an appearance on The Breakfast Club in January 2014 that he knew nothing of a rumor that he stopped a tour bus with Drake and Wayne on it in order to see it right that his son got his fair payment for album points. J. Prince, in other words, has had his eye on Drake’s business arrangements for a long time.

And, just in time for the sixth anniversary of So Far Gone, the mixtape that really brought Drake (and, in a smaller way, Jas) to the forefront, the issues between the Princes & YMCMB surfaced once more. Legal documents have been served over album points for Drake and unpaid royalties, which could be in the millions. Personal issues have also spilled into public after Jas’s former fiancée Christina Milian left him in the summer of 2014—allegedly for Lil Wayne. Rap-A-Lot openly protested any of support of Lil Wayne during Drake’s Houston Appreciation Weekend concert last June.

Prince himself is usually soft spoken but when you provoke him, things change quickly. You in a sense need to get a pass from J. Prince to do anything in Houston. Since his extended Canadian family was messed with, the boogeyman of Southern rap is around again—just in time, it should also be noted, for Drake’s new album If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late. Some people are interpreting that project’s title as a shot at Birdman, and, with its shit-talking, old school attitude throughout, it’s a release that undoubtedly benefited from the promotion of J. Prince doing some shit talking on Drake’s behalf. J. Prince is going to stand up for the artists he supports, and he’s still not here for any lip wrasslin’.

Re: A Sign of the Times [Re: Scorsese] #841639
05/12/15 09:27 AM
05/12/15 09:27 AM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss

feature about J. from local Houston channel

Re: A Sign of the Times [Re: Scorsese] #841640
05/12/15 09:40 AM
05/12/15 09:40 AM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss

Perhaps the most famous J. Prince move of all occurred in 2000 after Scarface released his Last Of A Dying Breed LP, which features taunts at Drug Enforcement Agency officer Jack Schumacher and other agents. A 12-year investigation conducted by DEA agent Ernest Howard, which began in 1988, targeted Prince and Rap-A-Lot Records for involvement in drug distribution concluded suspiciously when then Attorney General Janet Reno canned the probe into the label. A rumor spread that the case had been withdrawn due to political pressure after Prince supposedly donated $200,000 to then-Vice President Al Gore’s presidential campaign, although government officials and Rap-A-Lot spokespeople denied the claim, according to MTV.

Democratic California representative Maxine Waters intervened on Prince’s behalf, writing Reno a letter detailing how Prince and associates feared for their lives due to “police harassment and excessive force,” while Howard, on behalf of the DEA, testified in a congressional hearing that he ended the investigation for fear of agents’ lives and safety.

Political influence is the difference between being a gangster and being a criminal.

Re: A Sign of the Times [Re: getthesenets] #841664
05/12/15 12:40 PM
05/12/15 12:40 PM
S
Scorsese Offline
Underboss
Scorsese  Offline
S
Underboss
getting back on subject he actually is still very active in the boxing world.

Jay Z, J. Prince, Andre Ward Celebrate Roc Nation Deal at ‘Throne Boxing’ Event

James “J” Prince and his client, boxer Andre Ward, was recently spotted alongside Jay Z at Roc Nation Sports first boxing event. Throne Boxing was held at Madison Square Garden this past Friday (Jan. 9) and aired live on FOX Sports 1. Celebrities in the building were Rihanna, Angie Martinez, Jack Gyllenhaal, Spike Lee, Rosie Perez, Fabulous and many others.

Roc Nation’s entry into the boxing world isn’t a surprise. Up until this point, the management-promotions firm has contracted many top athletes in every sports category except boxing. Jay is a known lover of the sport, so it was just a matter of time when boxing would become his next chess move.

How well will Roc Nation fare in the boxing world? This is the question most boxing critics wonder. But if who they are bringing on is any indication, then Roc Nation may just have the savvy to become a power player in boxing.

Their most recent newbie is Andre Ward.

Legally, Roc Nation can not manage Andre Ward since he already has a manager, J Prince. Therefore, Roc Nation will serve as the official promotional powerhouse for the WBA super middleweight champion. Ward is Olympic Gold Medalist status and boxing record of 27-0, 14KOs. With Jay Z’s star power, celebrity friends and marketing expertise, the buzz surrounding Ward should blossom tremendously in no time.

Andre Ward was previously working with Goossen Promotions.

Throne Boxing will air two additional events on Fox Sports 1 as part of Roc Nation’s three-fight deal.

Re: A Sign of the Times [Re: cheech] #841694
05/12/15 03:55 PM
05/12/15 03:55 PM
Hudson County NJ
D
DB Offline
Underboss
DB  Offline
D
Underboss
Hudson County NJ
Very true chech

But my fave wey bey part is when he copped to that murder he didn't too ( to help Bird )
For a Pit beef sandwich " with extra horseradish "

Shit don't get better than that

bey was the definition of soldier , and as he said " shit i just do what they tell me to do "
And when something Inevidently always goes wrong " man always some shit " and always non chalent . Plus he only one that went head to head with Omar , no winner , no loser

Just loves that dude

Re: A Sign of the Times [Re: NickyScarfo] #841699
05/12/15 04:02 PM
05/12/15 04:02 PM
Hudson County NJ
D
DB Offline
Underboss
DB  Offline
D
Underboss
Hudson County NJ
Man my minds playing tricks on me and

My block are some of my fave oldies

Re: A Sign of the Times [Re: NickyScarfo] #841701
05/12/15 04:05 PM
05/12/15 04:05 PM
C
cookcounty Offline
Underboss
cookcounty  Offline
C
Underboss
shit aside from chicago texas is a gd hub

nine times outta ten, they're more organized than chicago

Re: A Sign of the Times [Re: getthesenets] #841890
05/13/15 03:44 PM
05/13/15 03:44 PM
PA/FL
oldschool3 Offline
Capo
oldschool3  Offline
Capo
PA/FL
Originally Posted By: getthesenets

Perhaps the most famous J. Prince move of all occurred in 2000 after Scarface released his Last Of A Dying Breed LP, which features taunts at Drug Enforcement Agency officer Jack Schumacher and other agents. A 12-year investigation conducted by DEA agent Ernest Howard, which began in 1988, targeted Prince and Rap-A-Lot Records for involvement in drug distribution concluded suspiciously when then Attorney General Janet Reno canned the probe into the label. A rumor spread that the case had been withdrawn due to political pressure after Prince supposedly donated $200,000 to then-Vice President Al Gore’s presidential campaign, although government officials and
Rap-A-Lot spokespeople denied the claim, according to MTV.

Political influence is the difference between being a gangster and being a criminal.
Well put Get, nothing truer!

Originally Posted By: getthesenets

Re: A Sign of the Times [Re: oldschool3] #875310
02/12/16 07:20 PM
02/12/16 07:20 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
in the can't-make-this-up category

Ted Cruz's campaign is using an old Geto Boys song in an ad targeting Hillary Clinton

This is weird because I read about Reagan using, and not noting the irony, the "Born in the USA" song by Springsteen.

ok...I'm out of the loop and was just told that the show "Office Space" used the song and that's probably where a lot of people know the song from.

Cruz's people don't know that J. Prince appears on the original song rapping as Bush Sr. talking about REAL gangster moves.

Re: A Sign of the Times [Re: Scorsese] #875313
02/12/16 07:31 PM
02/12/16 07:31 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss

from the start to about 3:34 the issue is discussed by Arum.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull