GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (DanteMoltisanti), 92 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,332
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,699
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,500
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,276
Posts1,057,668
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Holocaust Denial on Donahue Show debate [Re: ItalianForever] #840428
05/02/15 01:15 PM
05/02/15 01:15 PM
Castellammare del Golfo
Malandrino Offline
Underboss
Malandrino  Offline
Underboss
Castellammare del Golfo
Originally Posted By: ItalianForever
Originally Posted By: Malandrino
When did I claim it never happened? I said it did, but it was overblown for political reasons. Those statistics are probably wrong, but so are the ones who claim millions are missing. I mean how the hell can two different sets of statistics have such a huge mistake margin?
But then again, you're taking a page right out of the liberals you love so much - by calling everybody who disagrees with you an anti-semite or whatever the fuck, regardless if they show facts or statistic and by acting like a child throwing insults around.
Go fuck yourself.

I knew I shouldn't have gotten involved in this topic at all, it's way too delicate.

You have a right to your opinion. This is America. I will never try to silence you. But I also have the right to tell you what I think of your views, and vice versa.

The problem lies in those who don't agree with one another attempting to silence the other. I am not okay with that, regardless of how repugnant I might find another's views.

Fair enough then, I'm cool with that. We're gonna agree to disagree.

And for the record, my grandfather who passed away last year at almost 90 has been a long time sport biker. He's been on races around Europe in the late 40s and 50s, basically everywhere in central and eastern Europe. He's been to Auschwitz the year they built the Holocaust museum, probably around '47 or so, and he has told me about the rooms FULL of human hair, full of shoes, etc. since I was a little kid. So trust me, I'm no holocaust denier.

Last edited by Malandrino; 05/02/15 01:20 PM.

-I shot him a coupla' times.
-What's a couple?
-Hmm, more than a couple... Really I don't know the exact amount, maybe I shot him 10 times, 12 times?
-Maybe fifteen?
-Hmm, it could've been fifteen...

-Anthony "Gaspipe" Casso
Re: Holocaust Denial on Donahue Show debate [Re: pizzaboy] #840430
05/02/15 01:28 PM
05/02/15 01:28 PM
ItalianForever Offline
Capo
ItalianForever  Offline
Capo
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: Binnie_Coll
yes, Voltaire said it best. "I may not agree with what you say, but, I will defend to my death your right to say it"

That's true. But you'd think you guys would have learned by now. These threads NEVER end well. And this isn't directed at you, Binnie. You and I are cool. But please don't give me any of that nonsense about having a nice debate about issues like this. Because it's impossible. Especially in this case.

There's a lot of thinly veiled anti-Semitism on this board (and I don't mean Malandrino, he's a great kid who got suckered into this so-called "debate"). And Italian Forever is a lot like me. He's an Italian American Catholic who vehemently supports the Jews. But he has a temper, and I hate to see it come out in a topic that never should have been brought up in the first place.

We don't need quality members getting reprimanded and suspended. Play nice, or stay out of the thread.

Friendly advice from a non-moderator, but LONG time poster.

Appreciate this pizza. It means alot coming from you.

Check your pms.

Re: Holocaust Denial on Donahue Show debate [Re: Moe_Tilden] #840435
05/02/15 01:41 PM
05/02/15 01:41 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline OP
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline OP
ForeverBotheringIranians

Malandrino comes from a part of the world that has experienced its fair share of bloodshed and atrocity. A place where people carry themselves with quiet dignity and resolve. I sincerely doubt - no, I know - he had absolutely no malicious intent behind what he said at all. He should not be insulted or doubted for giving his input to a thread he held no participation in creating.

Malandrino seems like a cool guy and an intelligent guy from reading his posts.

It was a foolish move creating a thread that is likely to cause aggravation but that isn't Malandrino's fault.

I got his back too.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: Holocaust Denial on Donahue Show debate [Re: Moe_Tilden] #840443
05/02/15 01:57 PM
05/02/15 01:57 PM
Castellammare del Golfo
Malandrino Offline
Underboss
Malandrino  Offline
Underboss
Castellammare del Golfo
Thanks for your words Moe, but things like this happen and delicate topics such as this one often do get out of hand like PB said.

Not that it matters, but when the Nazis occupied Albania, not a single Jew was betrayed by its citizens - even though they were mostly Muslims (although few actually practiced it). Ordinary citizens saved the lives of over 2000 Jews, by hiding them into their homes, their attics, etc... and by putting themselves and their families at risk by the Nazis. So not only am I not anti-Semitic, but I don't even come from a country with an anti-Semitic culture.

-I shot him a coupla' times.
-What's a couple?
-Hmm, more than a couple... Really I don't know the exact amount, maybe I shot him 10 times, 12 times?
-Maybe fifteen?
-Hmm, it could've been fifteen...

-Anthony "Gaspipe" Casso
Re: Holocaust Denial on Donahue Show debate [Re: Moe_Tilden] #840446
05/02/15 02:05 PM
05/02/15 02:05 PM
ItalianForever Offline
Capo
ItalianForever  Offline
Capo
I'll say my peace on this issue and then I am done.

I am not a Jew, but I have friends and family that are Jews.

The Jews embody a culture which emphasizes family, education and work. This is very similar to the Chinese community. As a result of this focus towards education and work, a disproportionate amount of Jews achieve success in their chosen fields. And as a result of that, quite alot of Jews achieve financial success.

And there in lies the problem for Jews. Their success causes alot of anger, jealousy, and hostility which turns into outright hatred. And as a result of that, alot of crackpot theories are spawned about the Jews through publications such as the protocols.

Both those theories are just that, theories. And they are theories based upon anger, jealousy, and hatred. The reality is that the success of the Jews is due to what I mentioned above, an emphasis on family, education, and work.

In my opinion, these are values and virtues that should not be looked down upon or hated, but should instead be valued and emulated.

I have said my peace, I am not going to discuss this further.

Last edited by ItalianForever; 05/02/15 02:06 PM.
Re: Holocaust Denial on Donahue Show debate [Re: Moe_Tilden] #840447
05/02/15 02:17 PM
05/02/15 02:17 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
The Simon Wiesenthal Center in its "36 Questions About the Holocaust" says there were about 5,860,000 Jews killed in the Holocaust and it breaks it down:

http://motlc.wiesenthal.com/site/pp.asp?c=gvKVLcMVIuG&b=394663

Yehuda Bauer, a highly respected Holocaust scholar, decreased the number of Jewish victims killed in Nazi death and concentration camps, but the total figure includes Jews killed outside the camps, such as the many massacres that took place. So the lowest total figure is still over 4 million to a high of almost 6 million. There are databases with the names of about 3 million people killed, so to say that only 1.5 million or so were killed is, at the very least, ignorance.

The Wikipedia article cites several sources here: "Since 1945, the most commonly cited figure for the total number of Jews killed has been six million. The Yad Vashem Holocaust Martyrs' and Heroes' Remembrance Authority in Jerusalem, writes that there is no precise figure for the number of Jews killed,[317] but has been able to find documentation of more than three million names of Jewish victims killed,[318] which it displays at its visitors center. The figure most commonly used is the six million attributed to Adolf Eichmann, a senior SS official.[319]

Early calculations range from about 4.2 to 4.5 million in The Final Solution (1953) by Gerald Reitlinger (arguing against higher Russian estimates),[320] and 5.1 million from Raul Hilberg, to 5.95 million from Jacob Lestschinsky. Yisrael Gutman and Robert Rozett in the Encyclopedia of the Holocaust estimate 5.59–5.86 million.[321] A study led by Wolfgang Benz of the Technical University of Berlin suggests 5.29–6.2 million.[322][323] Yad Vashem writes that the main sources for these statistics are comparisons of prewar and postwar censuses and population estimates, and Nazi documentation on deportations and murders.[322] Its Central Database of Shoah Victims' Names currently holds close to three million names of Holocaust victims, all accessible online. Yad Vashem continues its project of collecting names of Jewish victims from historical documents and individual memories.[324]

Hilberg's estimate of 5.1 million, in the third edition of The Destruction of the European Jews, includes over 800,000 who died from "ghettoization and general privation"; 1,400,000 killed in open-air shootings; and up to 2,900,000 who perished in camps. Hilberg estimates the death toll of Jews in Poland as up to 3,000,000.[325] Hilberg's numbers are generally considered to be a conservative estimate, as they typically include only those deaths for which records are available, avoiding statistical adjustment.[326]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Holocaust#Jewish

Re: Holocaust Denial on Donahue Show debate [Re: Binnie_Coll] #840457
05/02/15 02:49 PM
05/02/15 02:49 PM
Upstate, NY
thedudeabides87 Offline
Underboss
thedudeabides87  Offline
Underboss
Upstate, NY
yes, Voltaire said it best. "I may not agree with what you say, but, I will defend to my death your right to say it"

Nice quote my sentiments exactly (not in regards to the thread subject but generally speaking)

The Dude: And, you know, he's got emotional problems, man.
Walter Sobchak: You mean... beyond pacifism?

Walter Sobchak: This guy f*cking walks. I've never been so sure of anything in my entire life
Re: Holocaust Denial on Donahue Show debate [Re: Moe_Tilden] #840475
05/02/15 04:08 PM
05/02/15 04:08 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
For the record, Voltaire did NOT say those words. They came from a 1907 biography of Voltaire.

“I don’t agree with what you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it.”

Unfortunately, the quote isn’t real — or at least, it’s not really Voltaire. It comes from a 1906 biography by Evelyn Beatrice Hall, in which it was intended to represent a summary of his thinking on free speech issues. “I did not mean to imply,” she wrote later, “that Voltaire used these words verbatim.”

http://studentactivism.net/2015/01/08/no-voltaire-didnt-say-that-no-not-that-either/

Re: Holocaust Denial on Donahue Show debate [Re: thedudeabides87] #840573
05/03/15 10:21 AM
05/03/15 10:21 AM
Upstate, NY
thedudeabides87 Offline
Underboss
thedudeabides87  Offline
Underboss
Upstate, NY
Originally Posted By: thedudeabides87
yes, Evelyn Beatrice Hall (edit) said it best. "I may not agree with what you say, but, I will defend to my death your right to say it"

Nice quote my sentiments exactly (not in regards to the thread subject but generally speaking)

The Dude: And, you know, he's got emotional problems, man.
Walter Sobchak: You mean... beyond pacifism?

Walter Sobchak: This guy f*cking walks. I've never been so sure of anything in my entire life
Re: Holocaust Denial on Donahue Show debate [Re: Faithful1] #840579
05/03/15 10:56 AM
05/03/15 10:56 AM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline
Underboss
far, northwest
Originally Posted By: Faithful1
For the record, Voltaire did NOT say those words. They came from a 1907 biography of Voltaire.

“I don’t agree with what you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it.”

Unfortunately, the quote isn’t real — or at least, it’s not really Voltaire. It comes from a 1906 biography by Evelyn Beatrice Hall, in which it was intended to represent a summary of his thinking on free speech issues. “I did not mean to imply,” she wrote later, “that Voltaire used these words verbatim.”

http://studentactivism.net/2015/01/08/no-voltaire-didnt-say-that-no-not-that-either/

hmmmm, that's something I didn't know, ive always heard it was attributed to Voltaire. well, good research. now we know.

" watch what you say around this guy, he's got a big mouth" sam giancana to an outfit soldier about frank Sinatra. [ from the book "my way"
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull