GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (RushStreet, Irishman12), 109 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,406
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,805
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,505
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,297
Posts1,058,127
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: GOP 2016 [Re: Footreads] #836697
04/08/15 02:22 PM
04/08/15 02:22 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline
Underboss
far, northwest
Originally Posted By: Footreads
Originally Posted By: Binnie_Coll
not another bush, god help us, NOT ANOTHER BUSh!!!

I really think all you know about him is his last name my brother.

foots, hell, that's all anyone needs to know.

" watch what you say around this guy, he's got a big mouth" sam giancana to an outfit soldier about frank Sinatra. [ from the book "my way"
Re: GOP 2016 [Re: pizzaboy] #836699
04/08/15 02:24 PM
04/08/15 02:24 PM
Alfa Romeo Offline
Underboss
Alfa Romeo  Offline
Underboss
LOL Ouch!

And Pizza, and I'm in that minority with you. Democrats actually don't like Hillary very much, but she never got the memo. I'll tell you what she is really thinking...

She is thinking she can get by on the woman vote which is greater in numbers than the man vote.

That's what she thinks is really "up her sleeve".

Problem is, women don't like her much either.

"For us, rubbin'out a Mustache was just like makin' way for a new building, like we was in the construction business."
Re: GOP 2016 [Re: Alfa Romeo] #836704
04/08/15 02:33 PM
04/08/15 02:33 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Alfa Romeo

Nail...on...the...head.

My wife and two adult daughters are all strong, educated women. And none of them can stand the sight of her.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: GOP 2016 [Re: Binnie_Coll] #836706
04/08/15 02:42 PM
04/08/15 02:42 PM
ItalianForever Offline
Capo
ItalianForever  Offline
Capo
Originally Posted By: moneyman
if a republican gets elected its gonna take a guy who is liberal socially no way around it... too hard to pull in younger votes in urban areas

I agree with you entirely, why do people forget the Hispanic vote? the Hispanic voting numbers have increased far more than any other voting bloc.

and millions reside in states with high electoral votes. texas, and California for two. they do not vote republican.

Again, this presupposes that hispanics are social liberals. Are you kidding me? California voters (alot of hispanics) passed a traditional marriage amendment. Yes, California!

As far as Texas, take a look at the hispanic vote in the 2014 gubernatorial election. Governor Abbot, who has a Hispanic wife, received 44% of the hispanic vote.

Re: GOP 2016 [Re: pizzaboy] #836707
04/08/15 02:44 PM
04/08/15 02:44 PM
M
Mark Offline
Underboss
Mark  Offline
M
Underboss
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

Nail...on...the...head.

My wife and two adult daughters are all strong, educated women. And none of them can stand the sight of her.

Unpopular, polarizing and an attitude of entitlement. In my opinion, perfectly describes Hillary. At times, she is her own worst enemy. Her past dictates a cloud of doubt with everything she is involved with... justified or not. I think she has more of an uphill battle than she realizes.

Re: GOP 2016 [Re: Alfa Romeo] #836710
04/08/15 03:13 PM
04/08/15 03:13 PM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
Democrates are the party of the poor because they want the poor to stay poor. They want the middle class to be poor/ middle class.

They don't want the middle class to big upper middle class.

They want older people like myself to be scared sheep afraid of everything. Afraid of losing social security.

The only reason they want Mexicans to flood I to this country is because they think they will vote democrates.

We have different opinions, so I'll address each point of yours, point by point.

It's not the Democrats that are trying to keep anyone poor or middle class to stop them from reaching upper class. The Democrats are the pro education party. They believe that education should be subsidized either partly or wholly by the government, for those who can't afford to pay. They feel it's the government's responsibility to edify its citizens because the governments money is really the people's money (taxes). Therefore taxes ought to be used to uplift the people. The Republicans seem to believe that if you can't afford to pay for an education, that you don't have any business trying to go to school to better yourself....but they will still punish you for remaining a member of the lower classes.

Social Security. The Democrats want to shore up the Social Security trust fund and leave it as is. It is the Republicans who want to get rid of that and instead have everyone invested in private retirement investment accounts. This of course floods Wall Street with more dumb money and it makes the Republicans and their friends even richer. It also endangers the security of our elders and makes them vulnerable to the fickle swings of the stock markets.

I could actually support the idea of private investment accounts instead of social security if we pass a law that says that after x number of years as a publicly traded company, a company MUST pay cash dividends to all shareholders. And not a paltry dividend either. More like in the range of + or - 10%. Stocks that pay dividends are far stronger of a foundation to rely on as a safety net than a security that pays little to no dividends. During stock market crashes and corrections, stocks that pay dividends display great buoyancy, for the simple fact that no one will sell you their shares for free. Dividend paying stocks are actually worth real money.

Mexico.

The Democrats might be in favor of illegal immigration more so because they are afraid of losing the future Hispanic vote to the Republican party. What they are not farsighted enough to see, is that if they keep enabling illegal immigration, eventually, the Hispanics in their districts will replace then with Hispanic Congressmen and Senators. So it's counter intuitive. You think you are saving your job, but you are losing it by engaging in nonsense that you think will keep you in Washington DC longer.

Any one with the grades can go to any college they can get in now. Between school grants and other things that the government already gives you you can go..

You just might have to pay some of it in low interest loans after you graduate and find a job. That is a fact even the poor can go.

Don't raise the retirement age SS will collapse.

Half the people in this country do not pay any taxes.

only the unloved hate
Re: GOP 2016 [Re: Binnie_Coll] #836711
04/08/15 03:17 PM
04/08/15 03:17 PM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
not another bush, god help us, NOT ANOTHER BUSh!!!

I really think all you know about him is his last name my brother.

foots, hell, that's all anyone needs to know.

Yeah the less people know the better right?

only the unloved hate
Re: GOP 2016 [Re: Footreads] #836713
04/08/15 03:25 PM
04/08/15 03:25 PM
ItalianForever Offline
Capo
ItalianForever  Offline
Capo
Democrates are the party of the poor because they want the poor to stay poor. They want the middle class to be poor/ middle class.

They don't want the middle class to big upper middle class.

They want older people like myself to be scared sheep afraid of everything. Afraid of losing social security.

The only reason they want Mexicans to flood I to this country is because they think they will vote democrates.

We have different opinions, so I'll address each point of yours, point by point.

It's not the Democrats that are trying to keep anyone poor or middle class to stop them from reaching upper class. The Democrats are the pro education party. They believe that education should be subsidized either partly or wholly by the government, for those who can't afford to pay. They feel it's the government's responsibility to edify its citizens because the governments money is really the people's money (taxes). Therefore taxes ought to be used to uplift the people. The Republicans seem to believe that if you can't afford to pay for an education, that you don't have any business trying to go to school to better yourself....but they will still punish you for remaining a member of the lower classes.

Social Security. The Democrats want to shore up the Social Security trust fund and leave it as is. It is the Republicans who want to get rid of that and instead have everyone invested in private retirement investment accounts. This of course floods Wall Street with more dumb money and it makes the Republicans and their friends even richer. It also endangers the security of our elders and makes them vulnerable to the fickle swings of the stock markets.

I could actually support the idea of private investment accounts instead of social security if we pass a law that says that after x number of years as a publicly traded company, a company MUST pay cash dividends to all shareholders. And not a paltry dividend either. More like in the range of + or - 10%. Stocks that pay dividends are far stronger of a foundation to rely on as a safety net than a security that pays little to no dividends. During stock market crashes and corrections, stocks that pay dividends display great buoyancy, for the simple fact that no one will sell you their shares for free. Dividend paying stocks are actually worth real money.

Mexico.

The Democrats might be in favor of illegal immigration more so because they are afraid of losing the future Hispanic vote to the Republican party. What they are not farsighted enough to see, is that if they keep enabling illegal immigration, eventually, the Hispanics in their districts will replace then with Hispanic Congressmen and Senators. So it's counter intuitive. You think you are saving your job, but you are losing it by engaging in nonsense that you think will keep you in Washington DC longer.

Any one with the grades can go to any college they can get in now. Between school grants and other things that the government already gives you you can go..

You just might have to pay some of it in low interest loans after you graduate and find a job. That is a fact even the poor can go.

Don't raise the retirement age SS will collapse.

Half the people in this country do not pay any taxes.

Exactly, anyone can go to college, all you need is loans. And as far as the grades, i slightly disagree. Because thanks to programs like affirmative action, even kids with bad grades can get in.

Last edited by ItalianForever; 04/08/15 03:26 PM.
Re: GOP 2016 [Re: ItalianForever] #836724
04/08/15 04:34 PM
04/08/15 04:34 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: ItalianForever
Again, this presupposes that hispanics are social liberals. Are you kidding me? California voters (alot of hispanics) passed a traditional marriage amendment. Yes, California!

And what about the Cubans, the MOST conservative Latino group?

They're overwhelmingly Catholic, anti-abortion, and with the possibility of easier immigration being thrown into the mix, Florida could easily become a Red State again (they're calling it purple now, whatever the Hell that means).

The Florida Cubans only started voting Democrat to begin with because they want to be able to come here legally. Do you really think that once they're here that they'll owe any allegiance to the Democrats? Please. They'll revert right back to their Conservative Catholic beliefs. And why shouldn't they? They're decent, God fearing people. They're a lot like Italians in many ways.

But it's not even Binnie's fault (and I mean that, Binnie). He lives in a bubble. These are the actual numbers from Idaho's 2010 census:

89.1% of the population was White American
0.6% Black or African American
1.4% American Indian and Alaska Native
1.2% Asian American
0.1% Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander
2.5% of two or more races
5.1% other

So no offense, Binnie. But you telling New Yorkers, Californians and Floridians about Latinos, is like me telling you about bass fishing or spending the day at Walmart.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: GOP 2016 [Re: pizzaboy] #836728
04/08/15 04:49 PM
04/08/15 04:49 PM
New Jersey
Five_Felonies Offline
Underboss
Five_Felonies  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey

joey diaz says... cool

It's either blue cheese with wings or go fuck yer mudda!
Re: GOP 2016 [Re: pizzaboy] #836729
04/08/15 04:52 PM
04/08/15 04:52 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.

They're overwhelmingly Catholic, anti-abortion, and with the possibility of easier immigration being thrown into the mix, Florida could easily become a Red State again (they're calling it purple now, whatever the Hell that means).

The Florida Cubans only started voting Democrat to begin with because they want to be able to come here legally. Do you really think that once they're here that they'll owe any allegiance to the Democrats? Please. They'll revert right back to their Conservative Catholic beliefs. And why shouldn't they? They're decent, God fearing people. They're a lot like Italians in many ways.

But it's not even Binnie's fault (and I mean that, Binnie). He lives in a bubble. These are the actual numbers from Idaho's 2010 census:

1.2% Asian American
5.1% other

So no offense, Binnie. But you telling New Yorkers, Californians and Floridians about Latinos, is like me telling you about bass fishing or spending the day at Walmart.

Agree. Very well said. Why can't our elected officials speak so plainly.

We need a common scence Party.

Last edited by DuesPaid; 04/08/15 04:54 PM.

Be Loyal, Be Loving, Be Quiet.
Re: GOP 2016 [Re: pizzaboy] #836743
04/08/15 05:47 PM
04/08/15 05:47 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline
Underboss
far, northwest

1.2% Asian American
5.1% other

I wasn't talking about Idaho, I meant nationwide. by the way Idaho is now 92% white. minorities don't like Idaho.

" watch what you say around this guy, he's got a big mouth" sam giancana to an outfit soldier about frank Sinatra. [ from the book "my way"
Re: GOP 2016 [Re: Binnie_Coll] #836744
04/08/15 05:56 PM
04/08/15 05:56 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
I wasn't talking about Idaho, I meant nationwide. by the way Idaho is now 92% white. minorities don't like Idaho.

And I'll bet the 92% just love minorities. Call it a hunch.

Re: GOP 2016 [Re: thedudeabides87] #836746
04/08/15 06:31 PM
04/08/15 06:31 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline
Underboss
far, northwest
now... pb. Idahoans are Christians, and we love everybody, all people are god's children.

shame on you for thinking that. we are perfect people up here in the mountains. I can see a deer in the road as I type.

can you see a deer?? http://www.gangsterbb.net/threads/images/moods/default/happy.gif

Re: GOP 2016 [Re: thedudeabides87] #836747
04/08/15 06:36 PM
04/08/15 06:36 PM
ItalianForever Offline
Capo
ItalianForever  Offline
Capo
How's Idaho? How are the gun laws? Thinking about where to go when i retire.

Last edited by ItalianForever; 04/08/15 06:36 PM.
Re: GOP 2016 [Re: ItalianForever] #836753
04/08/15 07:27 PM
04/08/15 07:27 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline
Underboss
far, northwest
How's Idaho? How are the gun laws? Thinking about where to go when i retire.

gun laws are federal in buying one, but, here in Idaho concealed carry permits can be easy to get if you don't have a felony. everybody loves Idaho when they see it.

mild winter this year,three days of snow only, amost 70 degrees today.

Re: GOP 2016 [Re: thedudeabides87] #836757
04/08/15 11:37 PM
04/08/15 11:37 PM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
What else is Idaho famous for besides Potatoe's?

only the unloved hate
Re: GOP 2016 [Re: thedudeabides87] #836781
04/09/15 08:08 AM
04/09/15 08:08 AM
M
moneyman Offline
Made Member
moneyman  Offline
M
Made Member
i hope you guys are right regarding young voters in urban areas ... my intuition is that whites 18-35 in major urban areas are socially liberal but would be receptive to balanced budget arguments

Re: GOP 2016 [Re: moneyman] #836790
04/09/15 10:18 AM
04/09/15 10:18 AM
ItalianForever Offline
Capo
ItalianForever  Offline
Capo
i hope you guys are right regarding young voters in urban areas ... my intuition is that whites 18-35 in major urban areas are socially liberal but would be receptive to balanced budget arguments

You didn't say whites. What is the youth's obsession with gay marriage and abortion? Such wedge issues, only meant to distract from the fact that 37% of people are out of the work force. What good is a gay wedding if you can't afford to buy the couple a present?

Re: GOP 2016 [Re: Mark] #836811
04/09/15 12:53 PM
04/09/15 12:53 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
PB, I hope to high heavens you are correct.

Dylan Matthew Moran born 10/30/12

Re: GOP 2016 [Re: thedudeabides87] #836814
04/09/15 01:00 PM
04/09/15 01:00 PM
M
moneyman Offline
Made Member
moneyman  Offline
M
Made Member
you are right, I didn't mention whites... regardless in my experience wedge issues like gay marriage are much more popular issues to talk about than budget issues etc... IMO people 18-35 are for the most part stupid or oblivious to rising national debt, rising interest rates, unemployment etc. it's unfortunate but i believe it to be true you say obama gives everyone free healthcare and eliminates student loan debts and he becomes a saint

basically what im saying is for a republican to appeal to young voters you need a guy who doesnt give a shit about social issues and talks about how much of a fuck up obama is regarding national debt, unemployment and foreign relations etc.. its too easy for the media to spin a republican as anti gay rights or anti women or whatever... IMO that turns the majority of young people off...

It pisses me off that my generation (im 26) will not have medicare or social security or maybe even jobs in the future because democrats leverage bullshit wedge issues for their awful financial policies that bankrupt everything....

Re: GOP 2016 [Re: moneyman] #836817
04/09/15 01:16 PM
04/09/15 01:16 PM
ItalianForever Offline
Capo
ItalianForever  Offline
Capo
IMO people 18-35 are for the most part stupid or oblivious to rising national debt, rising interest rates, unemployment etc.

Really? They are oblivious to the fact they aren't working?

As far as the youth vote. I think you will be surprised by Rand Paul's appeal to the youth voter. As for me, I will vote for anyone without a D after their name. I have a son in his teens who I fear may have a very hard time in this country. I don't view him being on ebt for life as a "success".

Re: GOP 2016 [Re: thedudeabides87] #836818
04/09/15 01:20 PM
04/09/15 01:20 PM
M
moneyman Offline
Made Member
moneyman  Offline
M
Made Member
we will have to agree to disagree, I hope that you are right...

Re: GOP 2016 [Re: Footreads] #836826
04/09/15 01:36 PM
04/09/15 01:36 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline
Underboss
far, northwest

milionaires, they all come here, a lot per capita here, they like all white people. not many states have 92% white American.

Re: GOP 2016 [Re: Binnie_Coll] #836829
04/09/15 01:55 PM
04/09/15 01:55 PM
Upstate, NY
thedudeabides87 Offline OP
Underboss
thedudeabides87  Offline OP
Underboss
Upstate, NY

milionaires, they all come here, a lot per capita here, they like all white people. not many states have 92% white American.

I was in Spokane Wa for a few months in 2011, a lot of wheat fields once you leave the city I only traveled west though. Many wheat fields when you travel east over to Idaho?

The Dude: And, you know, he's got emotional problems, man.
Walter Sobchak: You mean... beyond pacifism?

Walter Sobchak: This guy f*cking walks. I've never been so sure of anything in my entire life
Re: GOP 2016 [Re: thedudeabides87] #836830
04/09/15 02:00 PM
04/09/15 02:00 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline
Underboss
far, northwest
yes, and many forests, no traffic, peaceful.

Re: GOP 2016 [Re: Footreads] #836831
04/09/15 02:12 PM
04/09/15 02:12 PM
cheech Offline
Underboss
cheech  Offline
Underboss

Checkers

When Interpol?
Re: GOP 2016 [Re: Binnie_Coll] #836833
04/09/15 02:15 PM
04/09/15 02:15 PM
cheech Offline
Underboss
cheech  Offline
Underboss

Idaho isn't even in the top ten.
http://www.cnbc.com/id/101338309

When Interpol?
Re: GOP 2016 [Re: thedudeabides87] #836835
04/09/15 02:18 PM
04/09/15 02:18 PM
cheech Offline
Underboss
cheech  Offline
Underboss
And why would anyone want to live where 92% of the people are the same race? I can see if you're from there. But why go there on purpose? Seems counter intuitive if you want to be cultured and well rounded with a broad range of knowledge. That usually comes from travel, reading, and being around different types of people.

When Interpol?
Re: GOP 2016 [Re: cheech] #836836
04/09/15 02:20 PM
04/09/15 02:20 PM
ItalianForever Offline
Capo
ItalianForever  Offline
Capo
Originally Posted By: cheech
And why would anyone want to live where 92% of the people are the same race? I can see if you're from there. But why go there on purpose? Seems counter intuitive if you want to be cultured and well rounded with a broad range of knowledge. That usually comes from travel, reading, and being around different types of people.

For retirement? Cost of living bra.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull