GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Jimmy_Two_Times, 1 invisible), 112 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,095
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,356
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,487
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,217
Posts1,056,199
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Camorra lifestyle #824841
01/20/15 09:23 AM
01/20/15 09:23 AM
B
botz Offline OP
Underboss
botz  Offline OP
B
Underboss
I was looking at Lou Ferrante show inside the gangsters code and Lou Ferrante was looking into the Camorra. To me the Camorra comes off to me as Loud, Trashy and Gawdy. What do u think?

Re: Camorra lifestyle [Re: botz] #824847
01/20/15 10:02 AM
01/20/15 10:02 AM
Alfa Romeo Offline
Underboss
Alfa Romeo  Offline
Underboss
I saw that documentary. The Camorra today out in Italy as per that documentary is just collections of wild street gangs. I don't think that is the whole Camorra, nor is it the Camorra of old. You can look at a photo of the Camorra in the United States before they dissolved. They looked like a bunch of well manicured bartenders. That's not what's going on in Italy today.

"For us, rubbin'out a Mustache was just like makin' way for a new building, like we was in the construction business."
Re: Camorra lifestyle [Re: botz] #824858
01/20/15 11:03 AM
01/20/15 11:03 AM
NJ/CA
Alfanosgirl Offline
Underboss
Alfanosgirl  Offline
Underboss
NJ/CA
Originally Posted By: botz
I was looking at Lou Ferrante show inside the gangsters code and Lou Ferrante was looking into the Camorra. To me the Camorra comes off to me as Loud, Trashy and Gawdy. What do u think?

I bet Furio will be able to give some good info here.

As for the Camorra they keep a lot of low level thug type hoods around. It's run differently from the mafia. The clans are blood related families. Don't be fooled though these camorristi are a tough bunch...And as far as what some consider being gaudy that's just the Napolitan way. Haven't you ever heard the Sicilians make fun of the Napolitans for their sing songy dramatic language, songs and their dress. Their vanity.

Re: Camorra lifestyle [Re: Alfa Romeo] #824859
01/20/15 11:04 AM
01/20/15 11:04 AM
B
botz Offline OP
Underboss
botz  Offline OP
B
Underboss
Yes that is what they were talking about the younger members have least organization skills compared to the elders because their locked up so there's no guidance.

Re: Camorra lifestyle [Re: botz] #824880
01/20/15 02:05 PM
01/20/15 02:05 PM
TheKillingJoke Offline
Underboss
TheKillingJoke  Offline
Underboss
Make no mistake, the loud obnoxiousness aside, Camorra still is organized crime to a T. But it's true, Camorra clans keep a lot of violent hoods around that more look like gang bangers (gold teeth, chains, watches, bracelets,...tattoos, earrings,...) than they look like the stereotypical mafioso image of a well dressed businessman. But to be honest, in this day and age the same can be said for almost any "organized crime" group.

Re: Camorra lifestyle [Re: botz] #824887
01/20/15 03:01 PM
01/20/15 03:01 PM
Great Britain
British Offline
Underboss
British  Offline
Underboss
Great Britain
How does it work, do they have the same type of hierarchy as cosa nostra ?

British is best....
Re: Camorra lifestyle [Re: British] #824891
01/20/15 03:36 PM
01/20/15 03:36 PM
D
Dwalin2011 Offline
Underboss
Dwalin2011  Offline
D
Underboss
Originally Posted By: British

More like the 'ndrangheta: a loose network of groups that tolerate each other to a certain extent, but no supreme directive like the commission in Sicily, only local alliances, for example the Secondigliano Alliance (Licciardi-Mallardo-Contini with some other less powerful groupps).

A different situation was with Raffaele Cutolo: he was the absolute boss of the whole organization, but it didn't include the whole camorra.

Willie Marfeo to Henry Tameleo:

1) "You people want a loaf of bread and you throw the crumbs back. Well, fuck you. I ain't closing down."

2) "Get out of here, old man. Go tell Raymond to go shit in his hat. We're not giving you anything."
Re: Camorra lifestyle [Re: British] #824892
01/20/15 03:57 PM
01/20/15 03:57 PM
Castellammare del Golfo
Malandrino Offline
Underboss
Malandrino  Offline
Underboss
Castellammare del Golfo
Originally Posted By: British

Much more horizontal than pyramidal.. various clans usually but not necessarily related by blood have alliances based on opportunities that come along. There's blood once in a while and some clans die off, others are solidified. It's not based on "honor and loyalty" crap, it's all business and opportunity, so unless they're bound by blood, alliances could change at any minute.

Originally Posted By: Dwalin2011
A different situation was with Raffaele Cutolo: he was the absolute boss of the whole organization, but it didn't include the whole camorra.

As for Raffaele Cutolo, he pretty much created a "New Organized Camorra" (Nuova Camorra Organizzata) which was based mostly on the structure of the Cosa Nostra, except that every "associate" was supposted to be a killer first. At its peak was 3000-man strong with Cutolo as the (incarcerated) boss, his sister Rosetta as the messenger and some key lieutenants with various roles.
He declared war on the old Camorra which pretty much united against him in an alliance called Nuova Famiglia (New Family) The war went on for a few years and if I'm correct it left about 1000 corpses.
I've said it before, even though these boards are mainly about the American Cosa Nostra, but everybody should read about Raffaele Cutolo. He was one of the most charismatic and interesting (to learn about) mobsters ever in my opinion. I think Wild Bill Cutolo has been proven to be a relative of his.

-I shot him a coupla' times.
-What's a couple?
-Hmm, more than a couple... Really I don't know the exact amount, maybe I shot him 10 times, 12 times?
-Maybe fifteen?
-Hmm, it could've been fifteen...

-Anthony "Gaspipe" Casso
Re: Camorra lifestyle [Re: Malandrino] #824893
01/20/15 04:05 PM
01/20/15 04:05 PM
Alfa Romeo Offline
Underboss
Alfa Romeo  Offline
Underboss
Now that is some interesting stuff Malandrino. And to think of the ragging Bill Cutolo's son often gets from critics. The guy has pedigree.

Let me just throw this out there...

Could Wild Bill have been whacked because people feared his possible Camorra connections back in Italy?

"For us, rubbin'out a Mustache was just like makin' way for a new building, like we was in the construction business."
Re: Camorra lifestyle [Re: Alfa Romeo] #824895
01/20/15 04:27 PM
01/20/15 04:27 PM
New Jersey
Dellacroce Offline
Underboss
Dellacroce  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
Originally Posted By: Alfa Romeo

Could Wild Bill have been whacked because people feared his possible Camorra connections back in Italy?

Short answer- no

Long answer-nooooooooooooooo!

"Let me tell you something. There's no nobility in poverty. I've been a poor man, and I've been a rich man. And I choose rich every fucking time."

-Jordan Belfort
Re: Camorra lifestyle [Re: botz] #824896
01/20/15 04:37 PM
01/20/15 04:37 PM
Castellammare del Golfo
Malandrino Offline
Underboss
Malandrino  Offline
Underboss
Castellammare del Golfo
It's an interesting thought but no. I'm fairly certain he didn't have solid connections with Raffaele or they'd have worked together in some way, in the drug business especially but instead he worked with the Gambinos, Frank Coppola specifically.

Not to mention the timeline, in the late 1980s Raffaele was convicted and placed in a prison-island where the only population there was him, I think. Later Toto Riina was put in the same place.

Also something else the American CN should take a page out of Camorra's book is paying the families of incarcerated soldiers, even low-raking ones. They routinely give them about 500 eur a month throught middlemen, to pay the rent, food, and such.

-I shot him a coupla' times.
-What's a couple?
-Hmm, more than a couple... Really I don't know the exact amount, maybe I shot him 10 times, 12 times?
-Maybe fifteen?
-Hmm, it could've been fifteen...

-Anthony "Gaspipe" Casso
Re: Camorra lifestyle [Re: botz] #824922
01/20/15 07:44 PM
01/20/15 07:44 PM
B
botz Offline OP
Underboss
botz  Offline OP
B
Underboss
Do organized crime groups in Italy fight and kill each other in prison like American gangs do?

Re: Camorra lifestyle [Re: Dellacroce] #824928
01/20/15 10:08 PM
01/20/15 10:08 PM
Alfa Romeo Offline
Underboss
Alfa Romeo  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Dellacroce

Short answer- no

Long answer-nooooooooooooooo!

So what are you trying to say? lol

Re: Camorra lifestyle [Re: botz] #824959
01/21/15 07:15 AM
01/21/15 07:15 AM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Offline
furio_from_naples  Offline

naples,italy
The Camorra never had a pyramidal structure as the various clans that sometimes rules on one or more cities or on a neighborhood of large cities, never accepted to receive orders from above.

Only with the advent of the NCO of cutolo, other families met in the NF but only because cutolo had proved to be too greedy and violent, the war that followed made between 1979 and 1984, 987 victims.
and beaten cutolo other families were divided and continued to kill each other.
The mafia never had much consideration of the Camorra, except in the case of Lorenzo Nuvoletta said the mafioso from marano,Michhele Zaza detto o'pazzo (the crazy) and Antonio Bardellino (riginally from San Cipriano d'Aversa, Bardellino was a robber who was affiliated to the Cosa Nostra, by the Sicilian mafioso Rosario Riccobono at the farm of the brothers Lorenzo and Ciro Nuvoletta in Marano di Napoli.Is considered the founder of the Casalesi clan)

characteristic of the Camorra is the constant feuds as the feud between the Licciardi and the Prestieri: also known as the miniskirt feud, was fought between the Prestieri and Licciardi clans in 1997 and led to twenty dead in a few months. Everything started in fact in a nightclub for a joke between two groups of young people on the too succinct dress of a girl. The two groups of young people belonged to two Camorra clans, this brought before the death of the young Vincenzo Esposito said 0' principe (the prince),protégé of the Licciardi family, and then to the deaths of numerous affiliates of Prestieri in retaliation of the Esposito death.

however certainly the Camorra kills in prison, in fact, the Nuova Camorra Cutolo started as prison gang, whose members once out declared war against the old Camorra, in fact during the NCO-NF war,have to set up in the prison of Poggioreale separate pavilions for the two factions during the earthquake of 1980 the guards opened the cells and mem of cutolo took the opportunity to kill and injure as many opponents as possible, with cutolo ,distinguishable for her dressing gown, that directed the slaughter.

notorious killer of prisons was Pasquale Barra said the animal, which killed several people and one of them, Francis Turatello, came to bite into the internal organs after stabbing him.

The structure of the Camorra is very simple: Boss (head of a clan), capozona (controls a part of the territory controlled by a clan), camorrista (soldier).

Famous is the example of the Di Lauro clan. Founded by Paolo di Lauro said ciruzzo the millionaire, at its peak controlled the neighborhoods of Naples Secondigliano, Scampia, Miano, Marianella, Piscinola, in the towns of Casavatore, Melito, Arzano, Villaricca and Mugnano (province of Naples) has earned 500,000 per day from the drug trade.
When the boss wanted to hand power to his sons, especially to Cosimo, the old guard (the secessionists) rebelled has began in 2004, the feud scampia which was won by splinter, which in turn are divided into the turned via Vannella fats.
at the end began the third feud scampia in January 2012.

I hope I was clear

Re: Camorra lifestyle [Re: botz] #824987
01/21/15 09:35 AM
01/21/15 09:35 AM
T
ThreeTomatos Offline
Wiseguy
ThreeTomatos  Offline
T
Wiseguy
^^ Paying the families, Makes a lot of sense Furio and that's why we probably know a lot less about them. But CN Camorra various clans etc,,, some of these guys simply but do the time at least here in the U.S. IMHO?

Re: Camorra lifestyle [Re: furio_from_naples] #824989
01/21/15 09:49 AM
01/21/15 09:49 AM
Alfa Romeo Offline
Underboss
Alfa Romeo  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: furio_from_naples
The structure of the Camorra is very simple: Boss (head of a clan), capozona (controls a part of the territory controlled by a clan), camorrista (soldier).

With the exception of the absence of a Consigliere, that is practically identical to Cosa Nostra. That would give Camorra a pyramid structure, yes?

Re: Camorra lifestyle [Re: Alfa Romeo] #824997
01/21/15 10:40 AM
01/21/15 10:40 AM
D
Dwalin2011 Offline
Underboss
Dwalin2011  Offline
D
Underboss
Originally Posted By: furio_from_naples

With the exception of the absence of a Consigliere, that is practically identical to Cosa Nostra. That would give Camorra a pyramid structure, yes?

Separate clans may have pyramid structures, but the camorra as a whole doesn't.

By they way, the Nuvoletta clan also had a consigliere and underboss, probably took after Cosa Nostra because the Nuvoletta brothers were made members.

Last edited by Dwalin2011; 01/21/15 10:41 AM.

1) "You people want a loaf of bread and you throw the crumbs back. Well, fuck you. I ain't closing down."

2) "Get out of here, old man. Go tell Raymond to go shit in his hat. We're not giving you anything."
Re: Camorra lifestyle [Re: Dwalin2011] #825001
01/21/15 11:15 AM
01/21/15 11:15 AM
Alfa Romeo Offline
Underboss
Alfa Romeo  Offline
Underboss
But then what is the difference?

No Consigliere.

No Commission.

They have a boss responsible for a certain geographical area. They have Capozona's responsible for smaller sections of that area. Then they have Soldati answering to the Capos. That looks like a pyramid to an outsider. The only way that is not a pyramid in some way is if the Soldati don't have to pay tribute to the next tier and/or the areas ruled over are so tiny that each "family" is tantamount to a street gang with limited power over themselves and each other.

Re: Camorra lifestyle [Re: Alfa Romeo] #825009
01/21/15 12:08 PM
01/21/15 12:08 PM
D
Dwalin2011 Offline
Underboss
Dwalin2011  Offline
D
Underboss
But then what is the difference?

No Consigliere.

No Commission.

They have a boss responsible for a certain geographical area. They have Capozona's responsible for smaller sections of that area. Then they have Soldati answering to the Capos. That looks like a pyramid to an outsider. The only way that is not a pyramid in some way is if the Soldati don't have to pay tribute to the next tier and/or the areas ruled over are so tiny that each "family" is tantamount to a street gang with limited power over themselves and each other.

I think the difference is that every boss is on his own and doesn't take orders from any other boss. If there is a conflict, there is no superior authority that can intervene and decide who is right and who is wrong to calm things down. In Sicily, the commission can solve disputes, in Campania, if somebody tries to elevate himself to a position to such authority, he will just be told to go to hell. Therefore, so many shootings compared to Sicily and Calabria (I am not saying there is no violence there, but still it's to a lesser degree).
That's how I see it at least.

Re: Camorra lifestyle [Re: botz] #825108
01/22/15 07:06 AM
01/22/15 07:06 AM
naples,italy

naples,italy
For lack of pyramidal structure meant that in Sicily, there are families who gather in mandamento, shall elect a capomandamento etc while in campania except in circumstances of cutolo and New Family was born only to defeat him and once knocked out cutolo are back to killing each other.
the Casalesi also are divided into several families and have made several times the war.

The only cartels (more clan together) are: the Alliance of Secondigliano born in Naples in the late eighties of the twentieth century, and that in later years took hold of almost all illicit traffic of the city (smuggling, extortion, procurement, drug trafficking); the Misso-Mazzarella-Sarno; the secessionists · the Casalesi

Re: Camorra lifestyle [Re: botz] #825110
01/22/15 07:12 AM
01/22/15 07:12 AM
naples,italy

naples,italy
For the lifestyle, who became a cammorista know what awaits: a death that can occur when your own men will rebel against you,maybe you have to kill your friends,you know that in a war between clans can kill your parents, your dearest relatives, and even your children, even if they are small; a life on the run or a life in prison so try to live life everyday: luxury cars, beautiful homes and beautiful women and a lot of cocaine.

Re: Camorra lifestyle [Re: furio_from_naples] #825157
01/22/15 01:44 PM
01/22/15 01:44 PM
Alfa Romeo Offline
Underboss
Alfa Romeo  Offline
Underboss
Thanks Furio. That is very informative.

Re: Camorra lifestyle [Re: botz] #825189
01/22/15 05:15 PM
01/22/15 05:15 PM
NJ/CA
Alfanosgirl Offline
Underboss
Alfanosgirl  Offline
Underboss
NJ/CA
Furio GREAT posts. I knew YOU were the best source of information for this thread.

Can I ask you a few questions? Do those young singers/rappers like Clementino and Rocco Hunt get respect over there in Campania? They look like wanna be gangster types? How does the music play a role in this era of the Camorra?
I know years ago there were songs about the Camorra how about now?

You can pm me if you'd like. I'm not sure if anyone else cares about the music. Thnx.

Re: Camorra lifestyle [Re: botz] #825235
01/23/15 02:14 AM
01/23/15 02:14 AM
naples,italy

naples,italy
good question that deserves a good answer .

Rocco Hunt and Clementino are rappers and are popular in Naples, especially Hunt that in the song Nu Jorno Buono (a good day) sings:
This place must not die
My people must not leave
My accent has to feel
The massacre of waste
The increase in tumors
We are the land of the sun
Not the land of fires

while on the other hand are the singers neomelodici to be more linked to organized crime since many have become famous by taking part in weddings, graduations etc. as singers even Tony Marciano was arrested for drug trafficking along with 22 men Gionta clan of Torre Annunziata.

[img:center]http://i.res.24o.it/images2010/SoleOnLin...3b-59a4fa28c92f[/img] Tony Marciano

Marciano became famous with the song "Nun ciamma arrennere" ("We can not surrender"): a veritable ode to the subculture of the Camorra, in which the singer accused the pentiti of destroy the criminal organizations. And, ironically, even his arrest took place thanks to the collaborators of justice.

In the video (on youtube has reached a record of over 870mila contacts), Marciano point the finger at former honorable men who "have lost the omertà 'and that, with their blow," brought down an empire ». Imagining to be a wanted man, the crooner promises: those who accuse him, "I will not lose the dignity."

One that has involved not only the investigation is still pointing to the dark side of the music of the Camorra: last February, in fact, in a different operation against the clan Birra-Iacomino, neomelodic singer Lello Liberti ended up investigated for the content of his song il capo clan (The boss) indicated by investigators as a kind of artistic "manifesto" of the clans of Herculaneum, another large village on the outskirts of Naples. In the text, Liberti sang: "For the honor the boss hides the truth: it is a serious man, is not true that is bad." Prosecutors who have dealt with the case believe that the song - and with it the whole repertoire of Liberti - providing a sort of "justification" to those who kill the one who betrays or who decides to cooperate with justice. But, as mentioned, the courts have not shared the setting accusatory. The notes also that of the Camorra, for the moment are still on the loose.

Famous neomelodic singers are also Gaetano Carluccio, aka Alessio whose song Ma se vene stasera (but if comes tonight) is part of the soundtracks of the film Gomorrah, in April of 2013 participated in the filming of the TV drama Gomorrah - The Series,and and Raffaele Migliaccio aka Raffaello.

Re: Camorra lifestyle [Re: botz] #825236
01/23/15 02:23 AM
01/23/15 02:23 AM
naples,italy

naples,italy
enjoy these videos

Anthony & Tony Marciano - Nun Ciamma Arrennere (we not must surrender)

Nello Liberti O' Capoclan (The Boss)

Last edited by furio_from_naples; 01/23/15 02:25 AM.
Re: Camorra lifestyle [Re: botz] #825274
01/23/15 08:22 AM
01/23/15 08:22 AM
H
HuronSocialAthletic Offline
Underboss
HuronSocialAthletic  Offline
H
Underboss
^lol

Re: Camorra lifestyle [Re: botz] #825311
01/23/15 12:18 PM
01/23/15 12:18 PM
NJ/CA
Alfanosgirl Offline
Underboss
Alfanosgirl  Offline
Underboss
NJ/CA
Furio, you OUTDID YOURSELF. Thank you, thank you, grazie.

Being that I am here in the states I know so little about the music, the singers and most importantly THEIR MESSAGES in their songs. Thank you for taking the time to break it down for me and the others on here. You have given us a wealth of information.

I enjoyed the videos, very dramatic to say the least but informative.

Thanks again.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull