GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (2 invisible), 190 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,415
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,817
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,505
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,301
Posts1,058,203
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: European terrorism [Re: thedudeabides87] #823648
01/13/15 09:14 AM
01/13/15 09:14 AM
P
padrone Offline
Made Member
padrone  Offline
P
Made Member
Hold on a second, lets not go nuts here. You are saying that we don't see violence by radical Islam in India, Southeast Asia and China? What about the 2002 Bali bombing where 202 innocent people died? What about the 1998 riots that targeted Chinese Christians all over Indonesia. Raping, looting and killing people because they are a religious and ethnic minority. What about the 108 people who were killed in Mumbai (Bombay) in 2008 by extremists? How about the Uyghur Muslim terrorists in China with their numerous acts of violence?

Do I believe that all Muslims are terrorists? No, and I do believe that the vast majority are good people. But you cannot claim that China, India and Southeast is a bastion of freedom of religion. That complete BS and that it a fact. There is plenty of terrorist training in places like I don't know, the Maluku Islands. Don't try to pull the wool over peoples eyes just because some are not as informed as others. That list above could go on and on and on. I have been hearing that Islam is a religion of peace for the past 15 years. If that is the case why the f do pundits have to keep saying it??

Re: European terrorism [Re: bigboy] #823649
01/13/15 09:16 AM
01/13/15 09:16 AM
P
padrone Offline
Made Member
padrone  Offline
P
Made Member
Sorry that post was a reply to an earlier statement by the Dude Abides where he claimed that Asia is a sea of liberalism in a sea of extremists. Great movie reference Dude, and don't take my post personally, just don't try to ignore facts

Re: European terrorism [Re: padrone] #823710
01/13/15 01:55 PM
01/13/15 01:55 PM
TheKillingJoke Offline
Underboss
TheKillingJoke  Offline
Underboss
To be fair to the Uyghur people, China does treat them like shit. So I do understand their contempt somewhat. The same goes for the Tibetans.

In the Maluku Islands the Christian extremists were at the time as bad as the Muslim ones over there. I don't know anything on the Island's state right now, but it seems things have calmed down. There's a fairly large Moluccan population in the Netherlands. Among them there are quite some nutters who love a good row lol

Re: European terrorism [Re: bigboy] #823711
01/13/15 01:59 PM
01/13/15 01:59 PM
New Jersey
Five_Felonies Offline
Underboss
Five_Felonies  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
http://www.breitbart.com/london/2015/01/...ive-television/

The mayor of an ethnically diverse European city has earned the praise of London mayor Boris Johnson after expressing exasperation with fellow Muslims who failed to appreciate the freedoms enjoyed in the Western world, telling them to “pack your bags”.

Speaking to the NewsHour current affairs programme just hours after the Charlie Hebdo shootings in Paris, Mayor Aboutaleb became angered by the failure of some Muslims to adapt to their new homes, as he himself had done.

Mayor Aboutaleb said: “It is incomprehensible that you can turn against freedom… But if you don’t like freedom, for heaven’s sake pack your bags and leave.

“There may be a place in the world where you can be yourself, be honest with yourself and do not go and kill innocent journalists. And if you do not like it here because humorists you do not like make a newspaper, may I then say you can f*** off.

“This is stupid, this so incomprehensible. Vanish from the Netherlands if you cannot find your place here. All those well-meaning Muslims here will now be stared at”.

Aboutaleb, a Moroccan-born Muslim and former journalist took up the office of Mayor in 2008 now presides over one of a number of European cities where ethnic minorities and non-natives make up over half of the population. Although his appointment as mayor was criticised initially by anti-Islam parties in the Netherlands, who demanded he give up his dual Moroccan citizenship, he has since worked to prove his worth.

Angering his initial power-base among the cities Muslim voters, Aboutaleb has been unafraid to speak his mind on the importance of Dutch values and integration. After supporting the firing of a Muslim member of his cabinet for apparently supporting the Iranian government, fellow Mororcan and Rotterdam citizen Abdel Hafid Bouzidi, 30, said of the mayor in 2009: “He goes too much to the right”.

In 2004, Aboutaleb told Muslims if they didn’t subscribe to Dutch values they should “catch the first plane out”.

It's either blue cheese with wings or go fuck yer mudda!
Re: European terrorism [Re: padrone] #823712
01/13/15 02:01 PM
01/13/15 02:01 PM
Upstate, NY
thedudeabides87 Offline
Underboss
thedudeabides87  Offline
Underboss
Upstate, NY
Originally Posted By: padrone
Hold on a second, lets not go nuts here. You are saying that we don't see violence by radical Islam in India, Southeast Asia and China? What about the 2002 Bali bombing where 202 innocent people died? What about the 1998 riots that targeted Chinese Christians all over Indonesia. Raping, looting and killing people because they are a religious and ethnic minority. What about the 108 people who were killed in Mumbai (Bombay) in 2008 by extremists? How about the Uyghur Muslim terrorists in China with their numerous acts of violence?

Do I believe that all Muslims are terrorists? No, and I do believe that the vast majority are good people. But you cannot claim that China, India and Southeast is a bastion of freedom of religion. That complete BS and that it a fact. There is plenty of terrorist training in places like I don't know, the Maluku Islands. Don't try to pull the wool over peoples eyes just because some are not as informed as others. That list above could go on and on and on. I have been hearing that Islam is a religion of peace for the past 15 years. If that is the case why the f do pundits have to keep saying it??

You certainly bring up a valid point, I don't know if I said that you will never find extremists in Southeast Asia I probably implied it when trying ti argue that Islam as a whole is not to blame, I was wrong in that regard. I do see a trend with the examples you use, the people who carried out these attacks were born in the Middle East (2008 Mumbai attack, Pakistan) or have a connection with radicals from the Middle East (2002 Bali bombings leader fought in the Afghan-Soviet conflict and had ties to Osama bin Laden). The riots in 1998 Indonesia we more racially and economically motivated, I don't think if a Chinese immigrant told the rioters that they were a Muslim, it would have stopped them from being assaulted or have there business burned to the ground.

You aren't going to find a perfect place in the World. I am not saying that Southeast Asia is 100% free of inequalities, no place on Earth is. But the injustices that for instance women face in the Middle East and Africa like; stoning to death and not being able to drive are problems in places like Pakistan, Iran and certain countries in Africa and a lot of people associate these things with Islam as a whole. Those are not Islamic problems they are problems in the countries that is happening in. Also a place like Indonesia is more liberal that Afghanistan, where 99% of people are Muslim, out of fear retribution. Indonesia's population is over 80% Muslim but you don't have anything to fear if you want to be a Christian or Buddhist, so compared to the Middle East they are extremely liberal.

The problem is when people read the Quran or the Bible they pick and choose what they want to take literally and what are metaphors. Islam, Christianity, Judaism are not religions of peace or violence, what you want out of your religion is what you get. If you want are a violent ignorant hateful person then your Islam, Christianity or Judaism will be violent ignorant hateful.

Last edited by thedudeabides87; 01/13/15 02:04 PM.

The Dude: And, you know, he's got emotional problems, man.
Walter Sobchak: You mean... beyond pacifism?

Walter Sobchak: This guy f*cking walks. I've never been so sure of anything in my entire life
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull