GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Lou_Para, 2 invisible), 111 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,337
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,715
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,502
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,282
Posts1,057,777
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
People who bought their way out of mob life? #820615
12/24/14 01:30 PM
12/24/14 01:30 PM
North Jersey
ItalianIrishMix Offline OP
Underboss
ItalianIrishMix  Offline OP
Underboss
North Jersey
I was watching a youtube clip that actually states that Frank Minucci sold everything he had, accumulated about $250,000, and paid off the Gambino family to cut him loose.

I also ALWAYS believed that Michael Franzese did this, although I have no proof he did, it is the only explanation of why he is allowed to roam so freely.

Junior Gotti is another one that I am a little suspicious of...Either he jumped ship when his dad and uncle called the shots, and no one would dare touch him then or, maybe he is also in this category.

Currently, no other names are popping into my head but does anyone else know of any other people who fit into this category?

Re: People who bought their way out of mob life? [Re: ItalianIrishMix] #820667
12/24/14 11:54 PM
12/24/14 11:54 PM
Alfa Romeo Offline
Underboss
Alfa Romeo  Offline
Underboss
I haven't looked into it, but I don't believe the Minucci story on the face of it.

If you look at two of the guys who walked away, Junior Gotti and Michael Franzese, in both cases their father was someone high up enough in the hierarchy to tell the rest of the family to leave their son alone.

I myself wonder that if these guys have actually gone legit, does that mean that they pay no tribute whatsoever from their legitimate earnings? I'm not convinced of that.

"For us, rubbin'out a Mustache was just like makin' way for a new building, like we was in the construction business."
Re: People who bought their way out of mob life? [Re: ItalianIrishMix] #820668
12/25/14 03:09 AM
12/25/14 03:09 AM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Offline
furio_from_naples  Offline

naples,italy
Michael Franzese never cooperated with the government, so isn't a "rat" when came out of prison wrote his book Quitting the Mob, that made him famous, so even if he left the Colombos to the family, befitted don't to kill him, regarding his father, in the history channel inside the american mafia Michael says his father during a meeting where he had been accused of stealing money of the gasoline scam in danger be whacked, the father didn't defende the son and was ready at whacked his son.

it was planned to kill him, and certainly Junior knew it his father died someone would take seriously the idea of killing him especially after the bad figures who did make the Gambino (loss of lists of potential men of honor, the gift list for his wedding, etc.) so I think that the idea of getting rid of a Gotti, have enjoyed the family.

About Frank Minucci he was an associate and certainly for an associated $ 250,000 are more than enough to be left in peace

Re: People who bought their way out of mob life? [Re: furio_from_naples] #820687
12/25/14 09:11 AM
12/25/14 09:11 AM
Kokomo
B
Beanshooter Offline
Underboss
Beanshooter  Offline
B
Underboss
Kokomo
Originally Posted By: furio_from_naples
Michael Franzese never cooperated with the government, so isn't a "rat" when came out of prison wrote his book Quitting the Mob, that made him famous, so even if he left the Colombos to the family, befitted don't to kill him, regarding his father, in the history channel inside the american mafia Michael says his father during a meeting where he had been accused of stealing money of the gasoline scam in danger be whacked, the father didn't defende the son and was ready at whacked his son.

it was planned to kill him, and certainly Junior knew it his father died someone would take seriously the idea of killing him especially after the bad figures who did make the Gambino (loss of lists of potential men of honor, the gift list for his wedding, etc.) so I think that the idea of getting rid of a Gotti, have enjoyed the family.

About Frank Minucci he was an associate and certainly for an associated $ 250,000 are more than enough to be left in peace

Michael franzese is a rat. Google it, Hill talks about it in some documentaries as does the Prosecutor or search this website for the many accounts. Here is just one:

Archives
Crime Figure Testifies to Link With Sports Agent
By STEVE FIFFER, Special to the New York Times
Published: March 15, 1989

In a case involving Federal racketeering charges against sports agents, a jury heard testimony today from a man who described himself as a member of the Colombo crime family and said he was a silent partner in the sports-agency business of Norby Walters.

Mr. Walters and Lloyd Bloom, another agent, are standing trial on racketeering and mail-fraud charges in connection with representation of several athletes who were signed to contracts before their college eligibility expired.

The Government, in a case expected to provide a window onto abuses of big-time sports in higher education, contends that the signings and the loaning of money to the athletes by Mr. Walters and Mr. Bloom rendered the athletes ineligible and thus defrauded several universities of the scholarships they had awarded the athletes.

Today's witness in the case, where the charges are similar to those applied to Wall Street wheeling and dealing and to organized crime, was Michael Franzese, who said he was a captain in the Colombo organization.

Testifying under a grant of immunity before a packed courtroom, the dapper Mr. Franzese, who is serving a 10-year Federal sentence on racketeering and tax-evasion charges and a concurrent nine-year Florida sentence for racketeering, said that as a silent partner, he pressured no athletes for Mr. Walters, who is a lifelong friends. He explained that he and Mr. Walters had long been associated in the music business, in which Mr. Walters was a prominent booking agent, with such clients as the singer Dionne Warwick.

Mr. Franzese, who is 37 years old, indicated that his father, John (Sonny) Franzese, who is also reputed to be a member of the Colombo crime family and has also served time in prison, was also one of Mr. Walters's associates in the music business.

Under questioning by the prosecutor, Anton Valukas, Mr. Franzese said sitated that in late 1984, he met Mr. Walters, at the agent's request, in the Polo Lounge at the Beverly Hills Hotel in California.

At that time, Mr. Franzese said, Mr. Walters indicated that he wanted to duplicate his success in representing black entertainers by representing top black college athletes when they entered the National Football League.

''He asked me to participate in some way, and I told him I'd be interested,'' Mr. Franzese said. 'Using Cash'

The two met again early in 1985, at Mr. Walters's Manhattan office, and at that time, Mr. Franzese said, Mr. Walters told Mr. Franzese ''he would be using cash to sign athletes.'' Mr. Franzese said he agreed to provide Mr. Walters $50,000 in return for a 25 percent interest in the new sports agency.

At a third meeting, in July 1985, Mr. Franzese said, his brother-in-law, Dino Garcia, handed Mr. Walters a brown paper bag containing $50,000 in cash, in Mr. Franzese's presence. The money was from Mr. Franzese, who explained to the court that because of the nature of his business, he did not like to carry money himself.

Mr. Franzese said his role in the agency was not to be limited to that of investor. ''I was to continue to perform the same services I always provided for him,'' Mr. Franzese said, referring to Mr. Walters.

Those duties, in light of Mr. Franzese's testimony, apparently included trying to persuade recalcitrant business associates and would-be business associates of Mr. Walters to agree to the agent's business propositions.

Mr. Franzese testified that on several occasions he paid calls to such associates with Mr. Walters, and that he believed these individuals knew of his organized-crime ties. In 1981, when the singer Michael Jackson and his brothers were considering a national tour, Mr. Franzese, at Mr. Walters's request, talked to the Jacksons' manager.

''I explained that if Norby wasn't involved with the tour in some manner, then there might not be a tour,'' Mr. Franzese said. The tour eventually proceeded without the agent's involvement.

Mr. Franzese was apparently more successful in 1982 in representing Mr. Walters's interests to Ms. Warwick's manager. The manager had indicated his desire to terminate Mr. Walters as the singer's booking agent, but after Mr. Franzese spoke on the agent's behalf, Mr. Walters continued in his role.

Under cross-examination by attorneys for Mr. Walters and Mr. Bloom, Mr. Franzese, who was indicted in 1985 on 14 counts including racketeering, counterfeiting, extortion and tax evasion and pleaded guilty to two of the counts in 1986, said that he never exerted pressure on any of the athletes with whom the agents had been dealing.

The Government contends that while Mr. Franzese might not have had direct contact with the athletes, Mr. Walters invoked Mr. Franzese's name in threatening the athletes when they indicated they wished to terminate their agreements with the agents.

Under cross-examination by Mr. Walters's attorney, Robert Gold, who tried to challenge Mr. Franzese's credibility, Mr. Franzese admitted that he became a Federal informer in February 1986 and that his sentencing in connection with the charges for which he pleaded guilty was contingent upon his cooperation with the Government in several investigations.

He stated that he had informed the Government of meetings at which Carmine Persico and top leaders of New York's five organized-crime families discussed taking retaliatory measures against Federal agents.

Mr. Franzese admitted to Mr. Gold that he lied at a Federal detention hearing and also lied in a deposition given to the Government in April 1986, when he did not mention his holdings in Mr. Walters's sports agency. ''At that time, being a member of a organized-crime family did not allow me to tell the truth,'' he explained.

The trial will resume Wednesday. Maurice Douglas, a defensive back for the Chicago Bears of the National Football League, who is one of the athletes whom Walters is alleged to have threatened by invoking Franzese's name, is expected to testify for the Government.

http://www.nytimes.com/1989/03/15/sports/crime-figure-testifies-to-link-with-sports-agent.html

Re: People who bought their way out of mob life? [Re: Beanshooter] #820721
12/25/14 08:23 PM
12/25/14 08:23 PM
Philly Burbs
mikeyballs211 Offline
acting associate
mikeyballs211  Offline
acting associate
Underboss
Philly Burbs
Good find beanshooter. Idk about others but i cant stand Franzese. He annoys me with his born again crap and always tip toes in interviews about if he committed a murder. I find it hard to believe even with his pop bein Sonny that he rose to the rank of Capo and never clipped anyone. Whats everyones opinion on that?

"No, no, you aint alrite Spyder you got alotta fuckin problems"
Re: People who bought their way out of mob life? [Re: ItalianIrishMix] #820725
12/25/14 08:54 PM
12/25/14 08:54 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
Frank Desimone became the boss of the Los Angeles Family and never personally clipped anyone either. There was also a rumor that Angelo Bruno never personally killed anyone. It's an exaggeration to say that someone has to kill someone else to get made. The Mob also made people in certain respected occupations who never killed but had certain skills that were useful to organized crime families. Also, members and associates get "credit" for killings even if they didn't pull the trigger, like planners, drivers, lookouts, clean-up, etc.

Re: People who bought their way out of mob life? [Re: Faithful1] #820727
12/25/14 09:16 PM
12/25/14 09:16 PM
Philly Burbs
mikeyballs211 Offline
acting associate
mikeyballs211  Offline
acting associate
Underboss
Philly Burbs
Fair point faithful its just Franzese's response when asked about it seems shady i mean if he cooperated he would have had to divulge all he did but i get the impression that since hes now a born again makin money speakin that he doesnt wanna admit his involvment in any murders on any docs so as not to tarnish his image with religious groups... But i know you are right guys get made without havin to whack anyone but him i just dont buy it

Also considering his dad was rumored to have killed what 50-60 people? Makes me think he woulda had his son involved in a murder in someway to get straightened out. Just my 2 cents

Last edited by mikeyballs211; 12/25/14 09:17 PM.

Re: People who bought their way out of mob life? [Re: mikeyballs211] #820747
12/26/14 09:06 AM
12/26/14 09:06 AM
Kokomo
B
Beanshooter Offline
Underboss
Beanshooter  Offline
B
Underboss
Kokomo
Originally Posted By: mikeyballs211
Good find beanshooter. Idk about others but i cant stand Franzese. He annoys me with his born again crap and always tip toes in interviews about if he committed a murder. I find it hard to believe even with his pop bein Sonny that he rose to the rank of Capo and never clipped anyone. Whats everyones opinion on that?

I agree with you Mikey as far as Franzese being so annoying and such a revisionist when it comes to admitting that he ratted. Franzese did make some serious cash for himself and the family. But I don't think he ever cracked an egg. Nor does it have to be a prerequisite in being inducted into Cosa Nostra. What was also interesting about that article is how he got his brother in law involved and yet on all the Documentaries he talks about how his wife and her family turned him around and made him find God. Sounds like his wife family is not as innocent as he makes them out to be. Just my opinion.

Re: People who bought their way out of mob life? [Re: ItalianIrishMix] #820841
12/27/14 04:40 AM
12/27/14 04:40 AM
IL
EricKumerow Offline
Made Member
EricKumerow  Offline
Made Member
IL
What kind of moron would admit to clipping someone? There is no statute of limitations on murder. And like him or not I don't think Franzese is a moron.

Last edited by EricKumerow; 12/27/14 04:41 AM.
Re: People who bought their way out of mob life? [Re: ItalianIrishMix] #820856
12/27/14 07:07 AM
12/27/14 07:07 AM
The Jersey Shore
D
DanteMoltisanti Offline
Underboss
DanteMoltisanti  Offline
D
Underboss
The Jersey Shore
Philly LCN supposedly lets you become made for 10K, LOL. You had Boston Bobby who bought his way in under Merlino in the 90s and then the bank robber Apondik who ratted on Borgesi in his last trial who said he was offered 10K for his button.

Re: People who bought their way out of mob life? [Re: EricKumerow] #820934
12/27/14 07:15 PM
12/27/14 07:15 PM
Philly Burbs
mikeyballs211 Offline
acting associate
mikeyballs211  Offline
acting associate
Underboss
Philly Burbs
Eric - i didnt mean he should admit to a murder on national tv obviously. He cooperated previously right? So he had to divulge all his crimes or his agreement would be terminated and hed be doin all his prison time. I meant that if he commited a murder which i think he did the feds would already know about it so he could be honest in his documentary interviews like leonetti and gravano were. Instead he comes across as a lying prick that he rose to the rank of capo and bein the son of a legendary mob killer and he dances around questions if he killed anyone. I dont buy it but like other posters stated not every mob guy is a killer.

Personally i think he portrays himself as just an earner so he can continue his born again public speakin bullshit and rake in the dough from that.

Re: People who bought their way out of mob life? [Re: DanteMoltisanti] #820935
12/27/14 07:21 PM
12/27/14 07:21 PM
philly
SonnyL Offline
Made Member
SonnyL  Offline
Made Member
philly
Originally Posted By: DanteMoltisanti
Philly LCN supposedly lets you become made for 10K, LOL. You had Boston Bobby who bought his way in under Merlino in the 90s and then the bank robber Apondik who ratted on Borgesi in his last trial who said he was offered 10K for his button.

Boston Bob Luisi paid 100 grand for his button 10 grand a month, Idk know how true it is that aponick was offered his his button for 10 grand from Borgesi

Re: People who bought their way out of mob life? [Re: ItalianIrishMix] #821158
12/30/14 02:41 AM
12/30/14 02:41 AM
Uk
T
Tonytough Offline
ba da bing
Tonytough  Offline
ba da bing
T
Underboss
Uk
In this day and age who the fuk needs to 'pay' in order to leave? Just take off... stop going to mob joints/ move out of state.The mob is not what it once was.

gone are the days where Gas Pipe will pay his crystal ball and send a hit squad after u (Tom Mix Nephew)

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull