GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 65 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,415
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,815
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,505
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,300
Posts1,058,173
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Fewer US-Born People Working in America #819848
12/19/14 04:18 PM
12/19/14 04:18 PM
Midwest
LittleNicky Offline OP
Underboss
LittleNicky  Offline OP
Underboss
Midwest
http://dailycaller.com/2014/12/19/fewer-us-born-americans-have-jobs-now-than-in-2007/

Fewer Americans born in the U.S. have jobs now than were employed to November 2007, despite a working-age population growth of 11 million.

The amazing drop in employment highlights President Barack Obama’s slow recovery from the deep 2008 shock, but also spotlights many companies' growing reliance on foreign migrant labor.

In November 2014, one in every five U.S. jobs was held by a foreign-born worker, up from one-in-six jobs in January 2010, according to federal data highlighted by the Center for Immigration Studies.

Since November 2007, the number of working legal and illegal migrants has risen by two million, from 23.1 million in November 2007 to 25.1 million in November 2014.

But the number of Americans with jobs has fallen by 1.5 million, from 124 million in November 2007 to 122.6 million November 2014.

Last edited by LittleNicky; 12/20/14 06:25 AM.

Should probably ask Mr. Kierney. I guess if you're Italian, you should be in prison.
I've read the RICO Act, and I can tell you it's more appropriate...
for some of those guys over in Washington than it is for me or any of my fellas here
Re: Fewer US-Born People Working in American [Re: LittleNicky] #819883
12/19/14 05:52 PM
12/19/14 05:52 PM
Alabama
D
dixiemafia Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
dixiemafia  Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
D
Underboss
Alabama
People can dog unions all they want but here is one big thing that some of us brothers like to do, buy American and keep it American. You see what happened once the union busting started and all the work went to China, Vietnam, and El Salvador. Shit is made cheaper and doesn't last as long and the companies are making 10x what they would if Americans were doing it and our government let it happen.

There are reasons we are shipping our car manufacturers across seas and the Chinese/Japanese/Koreans are bring their plants here. "Right to work" is killing America. Why do you think everyone is building plants in the South now? Remington just left NY for AL, Nissan moved to MS, KIA and Hyundai in AL, Toyota engine plant in AL, and plenty more like Volkswagen in TN along with another Nissan plant in TN.

VW begged their workers to vote UAW and they still voted no.

Want to know what Honda does here in AL? My wife works out there and makes like $12.75 or some shit which is decent for Alabama but considering what she does she is well underpaid. They force her to work for contractors so Honda doesn't have to give benefits or pay a big wage. The UAW put the kibash on that shit back in the day. But this is what right to work means, more immigrants (and most cases illegal) and less pay.

Get represented and get yourself paid. You deserve it.

Re: Fewer US-Born People Working in American [Re: LittleNicky] #819896
12/19/14 07:49 PM
12/19/14 07:49 PM
Good ole USA
R
rockstar_man45 Offline
Capo
rockstar_man45  Offline
R
Capo
Good ole USA
You have to admit Dixie, Unions also played a part in driving the jobs overseas. When you ask for too much and pension plans become unsustainable of course the work is going to go some place cheaper.

I'm not saying I support migrant labor in fact I hate it. But this isn't solely union related, and states that make you join a union have just as many problems as ones that are right to work. In my opinion we need to close this fuckin border already. Enough with these Latinos hopping fences and no I do not want the rest of the 11 million undocumented immigrants pardoned or given any privileges. Did the Italians, Irish, Polish, Jews, and Germans get any SS or welfare when they came here? I don't think so. Then add in the fact they came to the United States properly

Last edited by rockstar_man45; 12/19/14 07:50 PM.
Re: Fewer US-Born People Working in American [Re: rockstar_man45] #819915
12/20/14 03:02 AM
12/20/14 03:02 AM
Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Yogi Barrabbas Offline
Yogi Barrabbas  Offline

Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
UK facing exactly the same problems. Too many people trying to get into our country, too many jobs left the country, the unions shout from the rooftops but do not actually help, only interested in people paying their fees and boosting their coffers. Its a vicious circle and its only getting worse!!

I would rather die on my feet than live on my knees!
Re: Fewer US-Born People Working in American [Re: LittleNicky] #819955
12/20/14 10:43 AM
12/20/14 10:43 AM
NY
B
blacksheep Offline
Underboss
blacksheep  Offline
B
Underboss
NY
I know there's a lot of Americans that work hard and do their jobs efficiently, but it also depends on luck of the draw. When I had my restaurant I could barely find a good American worker. One Mexican would work circles around 5 of these American stoner brats. And I'm a smoker myself so I'm not saying that's a bad thing, but they just didn't have a good work ethic.

Make that coffee to go
Re: Fewer US-Born People Working in American [Re: rockstar_man45] #819982
12/20/14 01:10 PM
12/20/14 01:10 PM
Alabama
D
dixiemafia Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
dixiemafia  Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
D
Underboss
Alabama
Originally Posted By: rockstar_man45
You have to admit Dixie, Unions also played a part in driving the jobs overseas. When you ask for too much and pension plans become unsustainable of course the work is going to go some place cheaper.

I'm not saying I support migrant labor in fact I hate it. But this isn't solely union related, and states that make you join a union have just as many problems as ones that are right to work. In my opinion we need to close this fuckin border already. Enough with these Latinos hopping fences and no I do not want the rest of the 11 million undocumented immigrants pardoned or given any privileges. Did the Italians, Irish, Polish, Jews, and Germans get any SS or welfare when they came here? I don't think so. Then add in the fact they came to the United States properly

Oh I agree with that too. When the unions got into the mob's pockets it ruined a good bit of the country. The unions must raise wages and fees to pay for the "Mafias bank". Especially when you had unions that didn't even provide work. But you have to admit, my wife's job up North would pay her 2-3x what she makes here. Now I know wages are higher up North as is cost of living, etc. but still that is why people are flocking to right to work states.

Honestly I think if you sell shit in America, you should have your factories here with American labor. We need Americans working.

As for your immigrant comments I agree. We need to close the border down tight and kick all the illegals out. I also agree with you on the SS issue, why do they deserve it when others here have to fight for it and work until they are almost dead themselves to even get it. We are being treated like the Indians were when we started settling in America, the ones that were already here and staked their claim are being pushed out and outnumbered by aliens.

But we need a president that will finally take pride in America and force companies to start giving Americans work making American shit. When companies like Burger King flock to Canada to pay less taxes (like many many others) they should be charged triple just to be able to do business in America. We have to do something to keep the jobs here bottom line.

And blacksheep I agree with you too. This new generation of kids think they don't have to work and are too damn entitled. I'm only 34 but I was forced to buy my own vehicle at 16, and if I wanted those name brand clothes I had to buy them myself. I'm sure others here done the same. That doesn't mention the "free labor" from about 8 on I provided to my old man and his job. But too many these days think digging ditches are Mexican work and they are "above it". Hell I remember almost having 2 or 3 heat strokes from hand digging holes for poles at work. At one time within 30 minutes I could dig a 6.5 foot hole by myself (granted it wasn't big, just deep). Throwing around 8.5 foot post hole diggers are no joke. But doing that dirty work then got me what I have today in less hard work, but more dangerous work with more pay. We were hiring in guys then that we would run off because I was only 19 and training guys twice my age, but that was the way I was raised too.

This is the "what can you do for me" generation instead of the older style of thinking of "go out and work for it" and it's sad.

Re: Fewer US-Born People Working in American [Re: LittleNicky] #820031
12/20/14 05:06 PM
12/20/14 05:06 PM
Castellammare del Golfo
Malandrino Offline
Underboss
Malandrino  Offline
Underboss
Castellammare del Golfo
I'm of the opinion that if somebody can do a better job than you for less money, and better work ethic, then they deserve it... they're not "stealing" your job. Of course immigration control should be much more strict and businesses who employ illegals should be heavily fined in order to reduce the number of immigrants altogether.

-I shot him a coupla' times.
-What's a couple?
-Hmm, more than a couple... Really I don't know the exact amount, maybe I shot him 10 times, 12 times?
-Maybe fifteen?
-Hmm, it could've been fifteen...

-Anthony "Gaspipe" Casso
Re: Fewer US-Born People Working in American [Re: LittleNicky] #820064
12/20/14 10:01 PM
12/20/14 10:01 PM
Good ole USA
R
rockstar_man45 Offline
Capo
rockstar_man45  Offline
R
Capo
Good ole USA
I'm not denying the Mexicans work hard and they do the jobs ordinary Americans won't do anymore. In fact I admire them for it. My problem is they didn't come here legally. And to earn points with this growing demographic numerous left wing Democrats are providing special privileges to them even though they aren't citizens and don't know the language. It's a tricky thing. I'm not opposed to Hispanics coming here but the way our government has handled this problem is completely inadequate.

I also agree with Dixie and blacksheep, a lot of people in my generation are either spoiled rotten with a sense of entitlement or focus on the wrong things, especially within college. It's a combination of factors I think. The kind environment that allowed previous generations to succeed doesn't exist anymore and that needs to change. Our education system is going down the shitter and there's a huge debt being racked up. The economy is still sluggish and there's not much out there. But then again you gotta start somewhere and if you come in with the attitude that the world owes you something, you'll never become successful.

Re: Fewer US-Born People Working in American [Re: Malandrino] #820205
12/21/14 02:44 PM
12/21/14 02:44 PM
Alabama
D
dixiemafia Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
dixiemafia  Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
D
Underboss
Alabama
Originally Posted By: Malandrino
I'm of the opinion that if somebody can do a better job than you for less money, and better work ethic, then they deserve it... they're not "stealing" your job. Of course immigration control should be much more strict and businesses who employ illegals should be heavily fined in order to reduce the number of immigrants altogether.

Drino my buddy you are missing the point on that.

Here is what is happening in America right now:

Lets say a small contractor needs 5 guys to build a house. He knows he has 5 Americans lined up at $10 an hour but hasn't yet told them they were hired but yet they are skilled carpenters who build by the book.

Well the owner just finds out there is a group of illegals who can "halfass" build houses and they'll take $5 an hour and work as long as he wants because they are not planning on filing it on taxes or anything.

Who do you think he's going to hire? You think that is fair?

Re: Fewer US-Born People Working in American [Re: LittleNicky] #820240
12/21/14 06:06 PM
12/21/14 06:06 PM
Castellammare del Golfo
Malandrino Offline
Underboss
Malandrino  Offline
Underboss
Castellammare del Golfo
Of course not, man. I wasn't referring to illegal immigrants, I thought I was clear, hence why I said businesses who employ illegals should be heavily fined and even closed down if caught several times.

-I shot him a coupla' times.
-What's a couple?
-Hmm, more than a couple... Really I don't know the exact amount, maybe I shot him 10 times, 12 times?
-Maybe fifteen?
-Hmm, it could've been fifteen...

-Anthony "Gaspipe" Casso
Re: Fewer US-Born People Working in American [Re: LittleNicky] #820269
12/22/14 06:25 AM
12/22/14 06:25 AM
B
bigboy Offline
Underboss
bigboy  Offline
B
Underboss
Around here- eastern NC- there are a fair amount of Mexicans and I believe most are illegal. I just had a new roof put on my house and it was done completely by Mexicans, none of whom could speak English. The owner of the roofing company was white and admitted that none were citizens. When I was sick with cancer, they came and did my landscaping. They were down on their hands and knees digging out weeds,They will work in 110 degree tempratures 7 days a week and 15 hours a day. It is the criminals we don't want coming here. We have enough criminals of our own

Re: Fewer US-Born People Working in American [Re: bigboy] #821193
12/30/14 10:49 AM
12/30/14 10:49 AM
Cajunland
LaLouisiane Offline
Cajun Mafia
LaLouisiane  Offline
Cajun Mafia
Underboss
Cajunland
Originally Posted By: bigboy
Around here- eastern NC- there are a fair amount of Mexicans and I believe most are illegal. I just had a new roof put on my house and it was done completely by Mexicans, none of whom could speak English. The owner of the roofing company was white and admitted that none were citizens. When I was sick with cancer, they came and did my landscaping. They were down on their hands and knees digging out weeds,They will work in 110 degree tempratures 7 days a week and 15 hours a day. It is the criminals we don't want coming here. We have enough criminals of our own

Looking at it from one human to another, you really can't get be upset at a guy that will come over here and bust his ass all day for little to no pay. Essentially it's a man doing what he has to in order to provide for his family, just like the rest of us. (And that "doing what he has to do" doesn't refer to crime, that's what low life's use as an excuse not to work.)

I think where the problem lies on the political and national level is the fact that the money he makes is being sent back to Mexico to help provide for his family instead of being put back into the American economy. Is it stealing? Yea if you want to be REALLY technical, to an extent it is.

I usually know my shit on the international level, but I haven't been able to put my finger on why we haven't established a better relationship with Mexico. In essence, why haven't we formed a coalition between the Mexican and US Army in an effort to put a halt to the cartel's violence and control. Let's face it, half the times the Cartel guys are on the same fighting level or better equipped than the Mexican Military, so these skirmishes that would take our army three hours are drawn out over days.

It seems that any rational politician can sit down one on one and say "Hey your citizens are migrating to my country via en mass exodus. How do we solve this problem before you lose your entire working class and are left with criminals?"

I understand the military aspect of it on our side and the fact that our enlisted ranks have grown exponentially over the past decade with soldiers of Hispanic descent, so some would be hesitant about invading or occupying the very country they or their parents once grew up in. Is corruption really that bad in Mexico, on its national level, that the US wouldn't be able to trust them fighting side by side American Infantry?

And I know, I know, before someone says it, our agencies are already working hand in hand including CIA and DEA with the Special Operations Community, but these guys mostly raid the areas where the drugs are massed produced. If a concentrated effort was made on transit routes (Throughout Mexico before it came close to reaching the border), manufacturing points, and known training facilities, then you can't tell me we couldn't put a huge dent into the cartel's operations.

Call me crazy but it seems like looking out for Mexico would be a higher priority for American security since these guys are basically on our underbelly. If we fixed Mexico's drug problems, then we could work on Mexico's economy, then we could work on Mexico's security. And by working on all of these things only serves to better American interests.

If you look geographically, we are pretty much immune to land invasion except through Central America. You build up Mexico as a nation and become its strongest ally (While keeping taps to make sure they aren't stronger than us), then you effectively eliminate any chance of a full out land assault on America in the centuries to follow (Except by Airborne Invasion, which an invading army would still need a jump off point for its Air Force to transport military personnel.

I know half of you think I'm bat shit crazy because the last time a foreign army stepped foot on our soil was probably the English in 1812, but it's reassurance at the least if we help out Mexico. It effectively secures the southern border for the foreseeable future, not only against an opposing force, but also terrorist factions that can pretty much cross the border at will. It's not about you and me its so your kids and grand kids do not have to worry about China or Russia becoming a superpower and making moves against the interest of the US once we are dead and gone. It's future planning, something we don't seem to focus on nowadays.

"What are you cacklin' hens cluckin' about?!?!"

"Is that him?!? With the sombrero on?!?"

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull