GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 65 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,415
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,815
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,505
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,300
Posts1,058,173
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Part's Unknown Anthony Bourdain #819772
12/19/14 11:01 AM
12/19/14 11:01 AM
Cajunland
LaLouisiane Offline OP
Cajun Mafia
LaLouisiane  Offline OP
Cajun Mafia
Underboss
Cajunland
Hey guys, not sure if any of you watch this series on CNN called "Part's Unknown" (Bourdain is really the only show I watch on there). It's kind of a carry on from "No Reservations" he used to do on the travel channel.

Last night I caught an episode he did on Sicily. I'm not sure if it was a rerun or a new episode but it went into detail on the mafia and the antipizzo movement that has recently taken roots in Sicily in an attempt to stop the extortion payments. I think they mentioned in the past few years it went from a hundred businesses to around seven or eight hundred that have pledged to go to the police and not pay if confronted.

All in all it was a pretty good episode. He does his normal cuisine routine where he dines at the best hidden restaurants and samples the traditional food. Worth a watch if you have free time!

"What are you cacklin' hens cluckin' about?!?!"

"Is that him?!? With the sombrero on?!?"

Re: Part's Unknown Anthony Bourdain [Re: LaLouisiane] #819840
12/19/14 03:49 PM
12/19/14 03:49 PM
Novi Sad,Serbia
alexandarns Offline
Underboss
alexandarns  Offline
Underboss
Novi Sad,Serbia
Originally Posted By: LaLouisiane
Hey guys, not sure if any of you watch this series on CNN called "Part's Unknown" (Bourdain is really the only show I watch on there). It's kind of a carry on from "No Reservations" he used to do on the travel channel.

Last night I caught an episode he did on Sicily. I'm not sure if it was a rerun or a new episode but it went into detail on the mafia and the antipizzo movement that has recently taken roots in Sicily in an attempt to stop the extortion payments. I think they mentioned in the past few years it went from a hundred businesses to around seven or eight hundred that have pledged to go to the police and not pay if confronted.

All in all it was a pretty good episode. He does his normal cuisine routine where he dines at the best hidden restaurants and samples the traditional food. Worth a watch if you have free time!

Just watched it on the Tube,its not bad.I went to Palermo two years ago its beutifull over there.Acctually liked it more than the rest of Italy,exept maybe Napoli.The docu is so so,enojed the one in Tuscany more.Tuscan food is the best,atleast i think so.

Also loved this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHL-4-navDw Its about old New York.Loved waching Tony Bourdains earlier work,but this is good to.He also has a piece on Brooklyn,nod bad.

Last edited by alexandarns; 12/19/14 03:52 PM.
Re: Part's Unknown Anthony Bourdain [Re: LaLouisiane] #820181
12/21/14 01:10 PM
12/21/14 01:10 PM
Cajunland
LaLouisiane Offline OP
Cajun Mafia
LaLouisiane  Offline OP
Cajun Mafia
Underboss
Cajunland
Never had the chance to go to Sicily. Been from Milan to Pompeii, but always the touristy places. One of my family members got a chance to go, they said leaving Rome (I think that's where they left from) there is a huge prison they house the mafia guys in because they don't keep them in Sicily anymore?

I still remember Italy like it was yesterday. When we would order a coke for lunch or dinner they would give it to us in those glass liter cola bottles. I paid extra just to keep the bottles lol

"What are you cacklin' hens cluckin' about?!?!"

"Is that him?!? With the sombrero on?!?"

Re: Part's Unknown Anthony Bourdain [Re: LaLouisiane] #862414
10/05/15 12:24 AM
10/05/15 12:24 AM
Over Here < < in TX
U talkin' da me ?? Offline
Shiny Brass
U talkin' da me ??  Offline
Shiny Brass
Underboss
Over Here < < in TX
Anthony Bourdain's show tonight was from Cuba. Seeing all of the old cars and the sights of course made me think of GFII. But, there was no Donkey show lol

http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/25/travel/five-ways-to-experience-havana-cuba/index.html

"It's nothing personal, Sonny....... It's strictly business."

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull