GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
5 registered members (RushStreet, Toodoped, GaspipeCasso, The_Marble_Guy, 1 invisible), 135 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,095
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,360
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,487
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,218
Posts1,056,203
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Real Talk Here:Why are black gangs so fragmented #818677
12/13/14 05:28 PM
12/13/14 05:28 PM
B
BorderProtector Offline OP
Wiseguy
BorderProtector  Offline OP
B
Wiseguy
So why are black gangs so fragmented and territorial? I live in a city where 30% of the population lives in poverty yet we are one of the safest US cities\towns. Yet if it was a predominant black city it would be amongst the 10 worst cities to live in the US.

Re: Real Talk Here:Why are black gangs so fragmented [Re: BorderProtector] #818679
12/13/14 05:48 PM
12/13/14 05:48 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Because Mexican Americans living in Texas border towns don't share the victim mentality of some of the urban Blacks that you're referring to.

Young Blacks today---especially the men---are taught that it's okay to live down to a certain stereotype because it's not their fault. And they often get this message from lily white liberals living in suburbia, but commuting to their inner city jobs as social workers and guidance counselors.

Zero accountability for who they are. Because it's all whitey's fault anyway. And let me be clear, not all Blacks are like this. But the demographic that you're referring to certainly fits the bill.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Real Talk Here:Why are black gangs so fragmented [Re: BorderProtector] #818683
12/13/14 06:11 PM
12/13/14 06:11 PM
NY
B
blacksheep Offline
Underboss
blacksheep  Offline
B
Underboss
NY
Black people have that victim mentality less than you may think. I think it's more prevalent in the suburban white kids towards black people. The ones with dad's credit card, who never saw a bad neighborhood in their lives. Sure there's sharpton types, but black people call each other out all the time. It's the trust fund babies who rush to defend them like they can't speak for themselves. It's condescending really. Those are the ones who jump on race baiting topics and make excuses for anyone doing any shitty thing, as long as they're not a white male. They look ridiculous to black people too. It's just that small percentage of blacks who get all the airtime on TV. There's no money in focusing on normal people

Make that coffee to go
Re: Real Talk Here:Why are black gangs so fragmented [Re: blacksheep] #818684
12/13/14 06:35 PM
12/13/14 06:35 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: blacksheep
Black people have that victim mentality less than you may think. I think it's more prevalent in the suburban white kids towards black people. The ones with dad's credit card, who never saw a bad neighborhood in their lives. Sure there's sharpton types, but black people call each other out all the time. It's the trust fund babies who rush to defend them like they can't speak for themselves. It's condescending really. Those are the ones who jump on race baiting topics and make excuses for anyone doing any shitty thing, as long as they're not a white male. They look ridiculous to black people too. It's just that small percentage of blacks who get all the airtime on TV. There's no money in focusing on normal people

I said basically the same thing, didn't I? It's the suburban white liberals who put this shit in their heads.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Real Talk Here:Why are black gangs so fragmented [Re: pizzaboy] #818685
12/13/14 06:45 PM
12/13/14 06:45 PM
CT
M
mightyhealthy Offline
Underboss
mightyhealthy  Offline
M
Underboss
CT
This is such a sweeping, ridiculous stereotype that I find it absurd.

Re: Real Talk Here:Why are black gangs so fragmented [Re: mightyhealthy] #818686
12/13/14 06:48 PM
B
Wiseguy
B
Wiseguy
Originally Posted By: mightyhealthy
So why are Americas top deadliest cities predominantly black?

Re: Real Talk Here:Why are black gangs so fragmented [Re: BorderProtector] #818687
Mississippi - 662
B
BlackFamily Offline
Underboss
BlackFamily  Offline
B
Underboss
Mississippi - 662
Interesting question to discuss but first I want to ask was you from El Paso? (I forgot which city) I'm going to speak on the black gangs first then city crimes later.

Black gangs are territorial due to the drug trade and community identity. Drug markets vary from city to city yet the operational methods are about the same. It's operated like a corner store or fast food franchise which relies on location and customers. Therefore, if a gang is making tens of thousands of dollars weekly or more than their business is lucrative. Just like any legit business it's about location. Now if competition set up shop near the area than customers will be pulled away, which brings either killings or mergers into place. Community identity or pride goes along with it because that's where they originated or lived and that's with everybody. NYers have their boroughs beef (Brooklyn vs Queens), Chitown different sides/communities ( West side vs South side), Next door cities high school sports teams, etc.

Fragmentation varies tremendously from group to group. The causes are different leaderships, personal affairs,greed, informants, and law arrests/indicents. Monolithic groups/organizations have been the incorrect view of many groups such as Crips, Bloods, Surenos, Nortenos, 18st, Folks/People Nation, UBN, and even La Cosa Nostra. It's just the umbrella identity and every group is independent. GDs have suffered fragmentation the heaviest in Chicago due to indictments & internal leadership. Crips have been the football kicked in many conversations as examples of fragmented groups but that's completely false since some gangs existed before the formation and after it was meant to be a partnership among different gangs to resolve conflicts not a monolithic syndicate.

Most of the time it's true that the top ten cities have a major black percentage ( my state capitol Jackson is 70-79% black) but all those cities share a similar historic economic decline and drug trade boom. Same situation repeated nearly nationwide. But have notice that almost the same cities had the infamous reputation BEFORE they was majority black ? Not trying to start a ruckus just saying study the history of different cities crime past and look at demography then and you'll see that the cities reputation have already been established. Besides there are too many black majority communities to name that have average to low crime, they're just not newsworthy rolleyes

If you think you are too small to make a difference, you haven't spend the night with a mosquito.
- African Proverb
Re: Real Talk Here:Why are black gangs so fragmented [Re: mightyhealthy] #818688
12/13/14 06:50 PM
12/13/14 06:50 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck

Of course you do. But keep in mind that I was quick to point out that not all Black men behave like that. It's honestly a small percentage. But quite often, white liberals ARE guilty of enabling the small percentage of Blacks who decide to live down to the stereotype.

Re: Real Talk Here:Why are black gangs so fragmented [Re: BlackFamily] #818694
12/13/14 07:22 PM
B
Wiseguy
B
Wiseguy
Nope im from Laredo Texas. I think we are amogst Americas 30 safest cities lol. Edit: El Paso is the second safest US city. Im from Laredo up there with El Paso lol.

Last edited by BorderProtector; 12/13/14 07:25 PM.
Re: Real Talk Here:Why are black gangs so fragmented [Re: pizzaboy] #818695
NY
B
blacksheep Offline
Underboss
blacksheep  Offline
B
Underboss
NY
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: blacksheep

I said basically the same thing, didn't I? It's the suburban white liberals who put this shit in their heads.

I was just throwing in my post before this thread became a zoo. Seems like a race baiting topic anyway. I've seen you post about similar shit before tho. I know we got similar thoughts. The sissy white liberals are worse than anyone

Make that coffee to go
Re: Real Talk Here:Why are black gangs so fragmented [Re: BorderProtector] #818701
12/13/14 07:58 PM
12/13/14 07:58 PM
M
mulberry Offline
Underboss
mulberry  Offline
M
Underboss
Originally Posted By: BorderProtector
Nope im from Laredo Texas. I think we are amogst Americas 30 safest cities lol. Edit: El Paso is the second safest US city. Im from Laredo up there with El Paso lol.

I think some of the border cities are safe because of the cartels. It's like the mafia. Too much violence would bring the US federales to those towns and would hurt the cocoa business

Re: Real Talk Here:Why are black gangs so fragmented [Re: BlackFamily] #818702
12/13/14 08:00 PM
12/13/14 08:00 PM
M
mulberry Offline
Underboss
mulberry  Offline
M
Underboss
Originally Posted By: BlackFamily

Most of the time it's true that the top ten cities have a major black percentage ( my state capitol Jackson is 70-79% black) but all those cities share a similar historic economic decline and drug trade boom. Same situation repeated nearly nationwide. But have notice that almost the same cities had the infamous reputation BEFORE they was majority black ? Not trying to start a ruckus just saying study the history of different cities crime past and look at demography then and you'll see that the cities reputation have already been established. Besides there are too many black majority communities to name that have average to low crime, they're just not newsworthy rolleyes

Why are the economies in those cities on the decline? Is it because of the high crime or the other way around?

Re: Real Talk Here:Why are black gangs so fragmented [Re: mulberry] #818705
12/13/14 08:05 PM
12/13/14 08:05 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: mulberry
Why are the economies in those cities on the decline? Is it because of the high crime or the other way around?

Chicken or the egg. Good luck with figuring either out lol.

Re: Real Talk Here:Why are black gangs so fragmented [Re: mulberry] #818718
12/13/14 09:19 PM
12/13/14 09:19 PM
Mississippi - 662
B
BlackFamily Offline
Underboss
BlackFamily  Offline
B
Underboss
Mississippi - 662
Which is the question. Jackson have experienced a decline in population over the last 5 years or so in which those left for the suburbs ( Madison,Ridgeland,Byram,). Jackson shouldn't be written off due to crime ( mostly in the West & South side communities) because their well to do areas (Northeast, Fondren, some others names can't remember now) with an assortment of entertainment. Just recently the downtown area is receiving $8 Million in revitalization and some positive recognition from other agencies. Also there's a large black middle class too.

I'll speak for my city Columbus (60% black), it went through a decline and is bouncing back economic wise and is currently the 11th best economic micropolitan area in the country out 500 others.

Positive research should be invested in these worst cities. Im just saying.

If you think you are too small to make a difference, you haven't spend the night with a mosquito.
- African Proverb
Re: Real Talk Here:Why are black gangs so fragmented [Re: BorderProtector] #818721
12/14/14 12:05 AM
12/14/14 12:05 AM
M
ManGauge Offline
Button
ManGauge  Offline
M
Button

This is a list of of America's 100 most safest cities , and I dont see Laredo or Elpaso represented :

http://www.neighborhoodscout.com/neighborhoods/crime-rates/top100safest/

Nice try though , but no way in hell are those border cities going to rank as the safest. As a matter of fact , the rare instances I do hear about El Paso and Laredo in the news , its usually when they are talking about the drug cartel violence spilling over into the U.S.

Re: Real Talk Here:Why are black gangs so fragmented [Re: mulberry] #818722
12/14/14 12:06 AM
12/14/14 12:06 AM
M
ManGauge Offline
Button
ManGauge  Offline
M
Button
Originally Posted By: mulberry

I think some of the border cities are safe because of the cartels. It's like the mafia. Too much violence would bring the US federales to those towns and would hurt the cocoa business

The border cities typically ARENT safe. That guy is an idiot lol

Last edited by ManGauge; 12/14/14 12:07 AM.
Re: Real Talk Here:Why are black gangs so fragmented [Re: pizzaboy] #818725
12/14/14 12:53 AM
12/14/14 12:53 AM
CT
M
mightyhealthy Offline
Underboss
mightyhealthy  Offline
M
Underboss
CT

Of course you do. But keep in mind that I was quick to point out that not all Black men behave like that. It's honestly a small percentage. But quite often, white liberals ARE guilty of enabling the small percentage of Blacks who decide to live down to the stereotype.

PB, obviously I respect your opinion. And you've experienced more than I have. But let me give you the "white liberal" pperspectve.

It started with slavery, but after that, if you look at the historical record, blacks were essentially enslaved vis a visass incarcetation. And that has contnhed to this day. So I don't excuse poor behavior, but on a board about expansive white criminal organizations, I find the rampant racism hypocritical.

Last edited by mightyhealthy; 12/14/14 12:55 AM.
Re: Real Talk Here:Why are black gangs so fragmented [Re: BorderProtector] #818726
12/14/14 12:58 AM
12/14/14 12:58 AM
CT
M
mightyhealthy Offline
Underboss
mightyhealthy  Offline
M
Underboss
CT
Posting from a phone like pmac so forgive me for typos. and no offense pmac you're one of the best here

Re: Real Talk Here:Why are black gangs so fragmented [Re: BorderProtector] #818739
12/14/14 04:10 AM
12/14/14 04:10 AM
T
TheAustralian Offline
Made Member
TheAustralian  Offline
T
Made Member
In Australia we are safe... just watch your baby when you're in dingo territory.

Re: Real Talk Here:Why are black gangs so fragmented [Re: BorderProtector] #818750
12/14/14 07:22 AM
12/14/14 07:22 AM
B
Belmont Offline
Underboss
Belmont  Offline
B
Underboss
Blacks are about 12% of the population but yet they commit 1000 more murders than whites. What does that tell you??? And dont tell me its because whites have bad aim.
I can yell you why.. Over 72% of blacks are born out of wedlock and dont have a father living in the household to maintain stability a d discipline.
Another myth; blacks need jobs.. Bullshit, blacks need fathers and black woman need to stop spreading their friggin legs every five minutes and having 3 kids before they are old enough to drink.

Last edited by Belmont; 12/14/14 07:26 AM.
Re: Real Talk Here:Why are black gangs so fragmented [Re: mightyhealthy] #818753
12/14/14 08:04 AM
12/14/14 08:04 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
So I don't excuse poor behavior, but on a board about expansive white criminal organizations, I find the rampant racism hypocritical.

And when have I I EVER excused the criminal behavior of Italian American criminals? Have you not been reading my posts since you got here?

I say it here ALL THE TIME. You play you pay. I don't lose a minute's sleep when they send murderers up for life, Italian Americans or otherwise. I'm just being consistent. So how the fuck am I a hypocrite?

It's about accountability. And the small percentage of Blacks that I was referring to don't have it. And when White liberals keep telling them that it's not their fault, there's little hope that they'll ever change.

This isn't about taking a White kid from suburbia and dropping him off in Bed-Stuy for a week (although it would probably help). It's about accountability and experiencing life a little before you go judging a guy who's old enough to be your father. A guy who's been pretty nice to you here, by the way.

Re: Real Talk Here:Why are black gangs so fragmented [Re: BorderProtector] #818756
12/14/14 08:27 AM
12/14/14 08:27 AM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

At least the mafia can afford the best lawyers. Black kids from the projects would kill for that legal representation. Latinos too. It's in the lap of the Gods for them. If they have a shit lawyer they're screwed. I think they overplay the institutional racism too but it's there nonetheless.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: Real Talk Here:Why are black gangs so fragmented [Re: BorderProtector] #818757
12/14/14 08:31 AM
12/14/14 08:31 AM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

I wonder how Native American crime rates compare to crime rates for blacks and latinos.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: Real Talk Here:Why are black gangs so fragmented [Re: Moe_Tilden] #818758
12/14/14 08:33 AM
12/14/14 08:33 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Moe_Tilden
At least the mafia can afford the best lawyers. Black kids from the projects would kill for that legal representation. Latinos too.

Maybe after a guy gets his button, Moe. But in the beginning he's on his own. That's another myth that I'm always trying to expose here: That the Mob always pays your legal fees. That's a crock of shit. You're on your own a lot of the time.

And Blacks and Latinos get waaaaaaay more pro bono lawyers from high end firms than Whites. There just isn't enough publicity in defending poor White criminals.

Re: Real Talk Here:Why are black gangs so fragmented [Re: Moe_Tilden] #818760
12/14/14 08:35 AM
12/14/14 08:35 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
I wonder how Native American crime rates compare to crime rates for blacks and latinos.

I never know when you're kidding, Moe. But that's hard to say because they still police their own on the Reservations. Having said that, I don't think their crime rates are all that high. And no one---but NO ONE---got fucked liked the American Indians.

Re: Real Talk Here:Why are black gangs so fragmented [Re: pizzaboy] #818761
12/14/14 08:40 AM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss

MORGAN: Why didn't you fight him at the park if you wanted to? I'm not goin' now, I'm eatin' my snack.
CHUCKIE: Morgan, Let's go.
MORGAN: I'm serious Chuckie, I ain't goin'.
WILL: So don't go.
Re: Real Talk Here:Why are black gangs so fragmented [Re: pizzaboy] #818762
P
pimpanella Offline
Acting Capo
pimpanella  Offline
Acting Capo
P
Button

I never know when you're kidding, Moe. But that's hard to say because they still police their own on the Reservations. Having said that, I don't think their crime rates are all that high. And no one---but NO ONE---got fucked liked the American Indians.

" Goddamn Indians got all the gambling" - Joseph Ligambi

Nutella !!! Nutella!!! I want my Nutella!!!

ICE-HEAD! ICE-HEAD! - BETH (DOG THE BOUNTY HUNTER)

"Hey Brand-do!" - Darryl Sheets
Re: Real Talk Here:Why are black gangs so fragmented [Re: BorderProtector] #818763
12/14/14 08:42 AM
12/14/14 08:42 AM
CT
M
mightyhealthy Offline
Underboss
mightyhealthy  Offline
M
Underboss
CT
I'm not sure about crime rates. But American Indians are extremely poor and have some of the highest rates of drug and alcohol abuse in the country. They are also the second likeliest to be killed by a police officer (after black males).

Re: Real Talk Here:Why are black gangs so fragmented [Re: BorderProtector] #818764
12/14/14 08:43 AM
12/14/14 08:43 AM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

Something about Louis C.K. really annoys me. His show is very overrated too. Pretentious and hipsterish as fuck. One or two good episodes but it has nothing on Curb.

Re: Real Talk Here:Why are black gangs so fragmented [Re: BorderProtector] #818765
12/14/14 08:46 AM
12/14/14 08:46 AM
CT
M
mightyhealthy Offline
Underboss
mightyhealthy  Offline
M
Underboss
CT
Also, regarding white suburbia...

The part of white suburbia I'm from is extremely racist. And I see it all the time now amongst people I grew up with. Fairfield county is segregated and most people wouldn't set foot in Bridgeport.

I worked in the school system there and have been to almost every school in Bridgeport. Those kids have no clue how people just 5 miles away live. It is really sad.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull