GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 114 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,337
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,703
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,502
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,277
Posts1,057,706
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: the united states torture or not? [Re: ARG] #818372
12/12/14 08:10 AM
12/12/14 08:10 AM
Cajunland
LaLouisiane Offline
Cajun Mafia
LaLouisiane  Offline
Cajun Mafia
Underboss
Cajunland
Originally Posted By: ARG
KILL the cia.

Very intelligent and well versed response. Excellent use of verb placement proceeding the subject.

"What are you cacklin' hens cluckin' about?!?!"

"Is that him?!? With the sombrero on?!?"

Re: the united states torture or not? [Re: ARG] #818374
12/12/14 08:13 AM
12/12/14 08:13 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
YOU ARE ROMAN CATHOLIC. KILL the united states. KILL all orange protestant white judas rat mason scum.

Kill yourself, asshole.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: the united states torture or not? [Re: ARG] #818375
12/12/14 08:15 AM
12/12/14 08:15 AM
Cajunland
LaLouisiane Offline
Cajun Mafia
LaLouisiane  Offline
Cajun Mafia
Underboss
Cajunland
YOU ARE ROMAN CATHOLIC. KILL the united states. KILL all orange protestant white judas rat mason scum.

oh geeze, who let Lester out of his cage without his football helmet and arm floaties?

Re: the united states torture or not? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #818376
12/12/14 08:17 AM
12/12/14 08:17 AM
A
ARG Offline
BANNED TROLL
ARG  Offline
BANNED TROLL
A
Wiseguy

Re: the united states torture or not? [Re: SC] #818438
12/12/14 11:48 AM
12/12/14 11:48 AM
pittsburgh
xs0u1x Offline
Button
xs0u1x  Offline
Button
pittsburgh
at what point do we become the monster we are trying to eradicate?

I guess the geneva conventions only apply to countries not named The United States of America.

that's pretty fucking shameful and insulting to use a picture of somebody's last moments alive to make a political statement.

Osama won...this country today is but a shade of its former self pre 9-11. we have a populace that is so afraid of its own shadow, that it's willing to give up rights just for a sense of security. whether it be the patriot act, or whatever, all you have to say is "9/11" and "allah" and bam....government does what it wants and takes more and more. you people bitch about the nsa spying on our own citizens, but at the cry of 9/11 or "never forget" you tell them to continue business as usual.

I'm assuming when we start waterboarding our own citizens as long as the government says they were suspected of something it will be okay?

Re: the united states torture or not? [Re: xs0u1x] #818447
12/12/14 01:17 PM
12/12/14 01:17 PM
Cajunland
LaLouisiane Offline
Cajun Mafia
LaLouisiane  Offline
Cajun Mafia
Underboss
Cajunland
Originally Posted By: xs0u1x

I guess the geneva conventions only apply to countries not named The United States of America.

that's pretty fucking shameful and insulting to use a picture of somebody's last moments alive to make a political statement.

Osama won...this country today is but a shade of its former self pre 9-11. we have a populace that is so afraid of its own shadow, that it's willing to give up rights just for a sense of security. whether it be the patriot act, or whatever, all you have to say is "9/11" and "allah" and bam....government does what it wants and takes more and more. you people bitch about the nsa spying on our own citizens, but at the cry of 9/11 or "never forget" you tell them to continue business as usual.

I'm assuming when we start waterboarding our own citizens as long as the government says they were suspected of something it will be okay?

Osama is dead. The man that claimed to have orchestrated the deaths of thousands during 9-11 and was the leading figure of the insurgency that killed thousands more in the Middle East. So let's round it off to say (let's be very conservative) ten thousand AMERICAN LIVES that were ended from this man and his ideology and hatred towards America. Yet you claim it to be shameful of America to display his body and show his last moments?

That wasn't shown for war propaganda, that was shown by Obama at a crucial point when his ratings were down. I'd be willing to bet his body was in the White House for half a year in a sealed bag that said: "Obama: Break seal at lowest job approval point to create political distraction. Sincerely, Hillary"

Do you even know why Osama hated America? Never mind, I'll educate you today on facts and not biased information you get from your preferred trustworthy news network.

The Taliban as we know it started as guerrilla warfare fighters to stand against the USSR (That's the Soviets). At this time we were in a cold war with the USSR and openly objected to Russia's imminent invasion of the Middle East since our main priority was to stop the spread of Communism.. Russia decided it would make a move for power and defy us, so guess what, they invaded despite widespread criticism by numerous nations.

The US had three options:

A. Back down with no action on the World's stage and lose credibility.
B. Send traditional fighting forces (That's our branches: Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force) and risk an all out war with the Soviets which would have probably ended in MAD warfare and me not writing this right now. (That's Mutually Assured Destruction from Thermonuclear Weapons)
C. Covertly send clandestine agency's to train and equip the Taliban to combat the Soviet's on a Consistent basis.

....We Chose C.....

In layman's terms, the US government took a group of Afghans and turned them into a formidable fighting force. The US empowered the Taliban, the Taliban didn't empower itself.

Let's fast forward to the end of the war with Russia pulling out and the Afghans winning against the Red Army. Hey everything is awesome, the USA had relatively little bloodshed lost and were in sole position as the world's dominant superpower.

It was at this point when left and headed back to the states that Osama decided that us funding his little army wasn't good enough. He felt as if the US government used his people to keep Russia into a prolonged conflict and drain it's resources.

And boy was he pissed...

Fast forward to 9-11, we are talking about 30 years down the road.

You do understand that it didn't matter if Bush or Gore was president; Osama was planning either way. So let's not get politics into this since the share was to equally blame among ourselves. Either party would have been faced with the same decision. What else would we have done, not taken action for the senseless acts of violence committed towards OUR OWN PEOPLE? Protesting always works, maybe we should have done that instead.

As well as for your Geneva conventions remark, would you care to elaborate on that a little more?? Your saying the execution (I'm talking beheading) of unarmed news reporters and civilians is the equivalency of water boarding the men who carried out these deaths or at least controlled the people that did?

If Osama won, ISIS would be using his name as a martyr for a rallying call before going into battle...I mean skirmishes, because they shoot then run. They only play tough guy when they capture an unarmed person, subdue him to where he cannot fight back, then rant about "Allah and tacos and Easy E" and some other inaudible then cut the poor guys head off.

Osama is dead, the Taliban has almost entirely been replaced by ISIS, turn the page.

It's like I said, Whack a mole, knock down one, out pops another. It'll never end, they've been doing it to each other for centuries. Their relevancy only continues because of the petroleum deposits beneath them. Once the middle east is dried up and can no longer produce, no one is going to lend assistance to them. They will be the new Africa with famine, war and genocide among each other.

What if we water board Serial Killers? Would you object to that? Technically they are our countrymen too, I mean you gotta take the good with the bad right?

Re: the united states torture or not? [Re: xs0u1x] #818449
12/12/14 02:12 PM
12/12/14 02:12 PM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss

Are the people who are at war with us follow the Geneva convention? To bad the person living his last moment was not related to you. I want to hear you say the same then.

I want to three funerals after 9/11. I don't see death like others so that did not bother me. It bothered the people that were with me.

Osama won well Osama was thrown in an ocean. Hopefully the people who threw him in pissed on him first.

Right after it people were afraid to walk around in the city. Unlike you and me but we are both tough guys aren't we?

We are different then most people aren't we?

You forgot to mention tge government using tge IRS against their own citizens. Now those guys and this administration they are full of cock suckers right?

Our President Obama denies knowing anything about anything. Do you believe that I don't how about you?

only the unloved hate
Re: the united states torture or not? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #818454
12/12/14 02:33 PM
12/12/14 02:33 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline OP
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline OP
Underboss
far, northwest
the torture that the CIA used was because we had to know what the terroists had, and when and where they were going to use it,

we to this day don't know what they have. do they have or soon to have a dirty bomb? one that can kill 100,000 people. they say they do.

do they have chemical weapons they can use against us? in major U.S. cities. when we capture a terrorist we must know what they plan to do with what they have.

it,s all about saving American lives, it has to be done or we could see a dirty bomb go off in N.Y. harbor, or san fransisco bay. we have to keep on top of it.

would feinstine be against torture if the terroists hid a dirty bomb in san fransisco, would she be against waterboarding then?

there's no debate it all about saving American lives.

" watch what you say around this guy, he's got a big mouth" sam giancana to an outfit soldier about frank Sinatra. [ from the book "my way"
Re: the united states torture or not? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #818476
12/12/14 04:07 PM
12/12/14 04:07 PM
Cajunland
LaLouisiane Offline
Cajun Mafia
LaLouisiane  Offline
Cajun Mafia
Underboss
Cajunland
It's very wrong and I don't feel comfortable admitting it Binnie but its come to the point where will take more incidents for people to become sincerely united.

Americans have made this huge shift in attitude about "me, me, me!" Instead of sometimes thinking what would be better for the future of the country, for the future of our kids.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but they rarely care about what others think as long as they are pushing their agenda or their political party's agenda. AND that's a whole other argument, because only around thirty percent of Americans are thoroughly educated on what either party stands for. People pick one piece they like about a party and take a hard line stance without even understanding what they are arguing about.

I have no doubt that if Obama got on TV tonight and said "All democrats report to the concentration camps tomorrow for basket weaving" a couple million American Democrats of all races would run to stand in line not realizing he just said he's going to commit genocide. All they heard was "Democrats" and came running to formation.

Democrats on here don't get mad, I used him first because he is the incumbent.

Few years ago if Bush said "Republicans report to the concentration camps for basket weaving" a couple million righties would be fighting for line position.

Sorry to use such drastic examples, but that's how dependent and closed minded our society has become. We don't think or look at the big picture. God forbid another attack happens and American lives are lost. But I guarantee you, if a family member was lost to an individual riding the "never torture any human being under any circumstance" wagon, he or she would be at the White House demanding an invasion.

Is torture wrong? Yea, you know what it is, but we aren't picking up random people and flying them to Cuba to play "Hostel". Intelligence studies propaganda videos online, surveillance, phone records, photos of camps to decipher who is important. They don't take in a low level recruit from a raided camp and torture him, they already know he has no Intel on the whereabouts or objectives of the higher ups. The guys in Cuba are there for doing some pretty bad stuff. These aren't hotdog vendors that got picked up in a dope raid by mistake from the city police, that's not how it works on this level.

What do the people that stand against torturing people want us to do? Strictly surveillance? Leave them alone? If they get out they are flying straight back to their cells and plotting their next attack against a target of opportunity. That's what these people don't understand. These terrorist cells are not doing this to gain political support, or liberate the Middle East from evil dictators. They sincerely hate everything we stand for because we do not practice or follow the same customs and religion as they do. It's shallow minded and only a relatively small percentage of them, kind of like the Nazi's are a fringe of the white race, but just as simple minded and cannot be reasoned or negotiated with because they can't see past skin color or religion.

Re: the united states torture or not? [Re: LaLouisiane] #818478
12/12/14 04:19 PM
12/12/14 04:19 PM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
Originally Posted By: LaLouisiane
Is torture wrong? Yea, you know what it is, but we aren't picking up random people and flying them to Cuba to play "Hostel". Intelligence studies propaganda videos online, surveillance, phone records, photos of camps to decipher who is important. They don't take in a low level recruit from a raided camp and torture him, they already know he has no Intel on the whereabouts or objectives of the higher ups. The guys in Cuba are there for doing some pretty bad stuff. These aren't hotdog vendors that got picked up in a dope raid by mistake from the city police, that's not how it works on this level.

That's the point that a lot of these "no torture" softies miss. It's not like the CIA is abducting taxi drivers from their homes in the middle of the night and shipping them off to Gitmo, HOPING that they have the right guy. If you have made it to Guantanamo Bay, it's because you've been up to some pretty awful shenanigans.

And in a perfect scenario, waterboarding would be the least of these scumbags' worries.

"Growing up my dad was like 'You have a great last name, Galifianakis. Galifianakis...begins with a gal...and ends with a kiss...' I'm like that's great dad, can we get it changed to 'Galifianafuck' please?" -- Zach Galifianakis

Re: the united states torture or not? [Re: xs0u1x] #818480
12/12/14 04:21 PM
12/12/14 04:21 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck

If they're beheading other Americans, or flying airplanes into tall buildings, then the short answer is yes.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: the united states torture or not? [Re: xs0u1x] #818490
12/12/14 05:20 PM
12/12/14 05:20 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York

Did you lose any family or friends in the 9/11 attacks?

You're insulted? Tough!

Re: the united states torture or not? [Re: SC] #818492
12/12/14 05:21 PM
12/12/14 05:21 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: SC

Did you lose any family or friends in the 9/11 attacks?

You're insulted? Tough!

I was waiting for you to reply because I didn't want to speak for you. But as usual, you didn't disappoint me grin.

Re: the united states torture or not? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #818494
12/12/14 05:28 PM
12/12/14 05:28 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline OP
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline OP
Underboss
far, northwest
we don't now, or ever have, tortured people for no reason, but, as I posted. we can't lose sight of the fact that they planned 9-11 for 4 years,

do people realize that isis or groups like them could hit us with an a- bomb if they had plutonium triggers. and they can be had, by terroists working within nuclear states, [Pakistan, india]

there is a purpose to torture, and that purpose is to find out what they have, and where there going to use it.

" watch what you say around this guy, he's got a big mouth" sam giancana to an outfit soldier about frank Sinatra. [ from the book "my way"
Re: the united states torture or not? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #818495
12/12/14 05:30 PM
12/12/14 05:30 PM
Chicagoland
SgWaue86 Offline
Capo
SgWaue86  Offline
Capo
Chicagoland
What the fuck is going on in this country, these scumbags torture all the innocent people they kidnap, they fucking blow up children and then have the nerve to expect rights reserved for American citizens that they hate cause of our lifestyle is too decadent, and I cant stand the way the media interviews these people and puts word in there mouths, send them to Pakistan and see how bad the feel about our interrogation program then.

Re: the united states torture or not? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #818498
12/12/14 05:40 PM
12/12/14 05:40 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Binnie_Coll
we don't now, or ever have, tortured people for no reason, but, as I posted. we can't lose sight of the fact that they planned 9-11 for 4 years,

do people realize that isis or groups like them could hit us with an a- bomb if they had plutonium triggers. and they can be had, by terroists working within nuclear states, [Pakistan, india]

there is a purpose to torture, and that purpose is to find out what they have, and where there going to use it.

Don't bother, Binnie. First of all, I think he's just a kid because when he signed up last year he identified himself as being very young. Second of all, this is the same guy who whined in the Columbine thread about being bullied, like that justifies mass murder. He should direct his anger where it belongs: At his father, for raising him to be such a pussy.

And I know. I'm mean, wah wah wah. I'm a bully, wah wah wah. But I'm tired of apologizing, and I just don't have the patience anymore. Go out and live a little bit before you pass judgement on the very people who keep this country safe while you whine about waterboarding on a message board.

Re: the united states torture or not? [Re: SgWaue86] #818499
12/12/14 05:42 PM
12/12/14 05:42 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: SgWaue86
What the fuck is going on in this country, these scumbags torture all the innocent people they kidnap, they fucking blow up children and then have the nerve to expect rights reserved for American citizens that they hate cause of our lifestyle is too decadent, and I cant stand the way the media interviews these people and puts word in there mouths, send them to Pakistan and see how bad the feel about our interrogation program then.

Good post. I just posted something similar about letting these kids get a little life experience before judging the very military that protects their right to cry about it.

Re: the united states torture or not? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #818501
12/12/14 05:46 PM
12/12/14 05:46 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline OP
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline OP
Underboss
far, northwest
good post, mr. pb, good post.

Re: the united states torture or not? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #818503
12/12/14 05:57 PM
12/12/14 05:57 PM
NY
B
blacksheep Offline
Underboss
blacksheep  Offline
B
Underboss
NY
I don't feel pity for the terrorists, but what troubles me about torture is that so far, everything that has been claimed will only be used to fight terror winds up right here being used on us. Think of domestic spying and the Patriot act in general. First it was for foreign terrorists, then for gangs and drug dealers, then for anyone causing a disturbance at the airport, and now they're roaming the streets with that sting ray shit picking up any random phone calls. So I can't really say I trust that they won't bring torture here some day. They would be following their usual pattern if they did. Since when did cops have tanks and military weapons? Now they do. Something ain't right..

Make that coffee to go
Re: the united states torture or not? [Re: blacksheep] #818506
12/12/14 06:08 PM
12/12/14 06:08 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: blacksheep
I don't feel pity for the terrorists, but what troubles me about torture is that so far, everything that has been claimed will only be used to fight terror winds up right here being used on us. Think of domestic spying and the Patriot act in general. First it was for foreign terrorists, then for gangs and drug dealers, then for anyone causing a disturbance at the airport, and now they're roaming the streets with that sting ray shit picking up any random phone calls. So I can't really say I trust that they won't bring torture here some day. They would be following their usual pattern if they did. Since when did cops have tanks and military weapons? Now they do. Something ain't right..

Let me ask you this: If your child was kidnapped by two people, and one of them gets away with your kid, and the other gets caught by the cops. And the guy who gets caught has knowledge of where his partner took your kid. Would you really give a fuck if they chopped his fingers off one at a time to get your kid back?

If you can honestly say that you'd stop them from doing that because it offends your sensibilities, then I'll respect that. I won't believe you, but I'll respect it. And I don't even like most cops. But worrying about a slippery slope where a bunch of ragheads are concerned just isn't that high on my to do list.

Re: the united states torture or not? [Re: pizzaboy] #818507
12/12/14 06:18 PM
12/12/14 06:18 PM
NY
B
blacksheep Offline
Underboss
blacksheep  Offline
B
Underboss
NY
No I would want them tortured of course. But 2 things come to mind. One is that I'm afraid that means I'm thinking more with emotions than level - headed thinking, but I would still go for torture. I'd do it myself. The other thing is that you made the biggest case that's hard to say no to. So while I would say yes to that, I wouldn't want the same being done to a drug dealer or even a gang member

Make that coffee to go
Re: the united states torture or not? [Re: blacksheep] #818509
12/12/14 06:25 PM
12/12/14 06:25 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: blacksheep
No I would want them tortured of course. But 2 things come to mind. One is that I'm afraid that means I'm thinking more with emotions than level - headed thinking, but I would still go for torture. I'd do it myself. The other thing is that you made the biggest case that's hard to say no to. So while I would say yes to that, I wouldn't want the same being done to a drug dealer or even a gang member

Fair enough, buddy smile.

Re: the united states torture or not? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #818555
12/12/14 11:14 PM
12/12/14 11:14 PM
Good ole USA
R
rockstar_man45 Offline
Capo
rockstar_man45  Offline
R
Capo
Good ole USA
I just don't get it. Not only does this torture report seem one sided and biased, but Feinstein and the rest of these Democrats are putting our embassies and citizens abroad at risk!

I talked to a good friend of mine who's a veteran from World War 2 the other day and he said in the old days people may have disagreed on a lot of issues, but no one would EVER compromise American security just to gain political points.

This is the fucking country we live in now. Hell that Senator from Colorado who lost reelection called for the CIA to apologize to those who were tortured. What kind of complete and utter bullshit is that? That's like asking me to apologize to the guy who murdered my family because afterwards I beat him with a crowbar. Who the hell would give a shit about what kind of comfort these people have? Regular crooks are one thing, terrorists who would cut off your head if Allah asked him to, are quite another.

Last edited by rockstar_man45; 12/12/14 11:17 PM.
Re: the united states torture or not? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #818561
12/13/14 03:20 AM
pittsburgh
xs0u1x Offline
Button
xs0u1x  Offline
Button
pittsburgh
no matter how low obama's job approval rating was, the congress/house we just re=elected was infinitely lower.

I'm sorry but the corpses of victims of the 9/11 terror attacks is not a reason for my rights to be eroded.

I said the same thing about the new town victims and school shootings.

Re: the united states torture or not? [Re: pizzaboy] #818562
pittsburgh
xs0u1x Offline
Button
xs0u1x  Offline
Button
pittsburgh
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: Binnie_Coll

Don't bother, Binnie. First of all, I think he's just a kid because when he signed up last year he identified himself as being very young. Second of all, this is the same guy who whined in the Columbine thread about being bullied, like that justifies mass murder. He should direct his anger where it belongs: At his father, for raising him to be such a pussy.

And I know. I'm mean, wah wah wah. I'm a bully, wah wah wah. But I'm tired of apologizing, and I just don't have the patience anymore. Go out and live a little bit before you pass judgement on the very people who keep this country safe while you whine about waterboarding on a message board.

No-where in my post was I whining about being bullied. you just apparently can't fucking read.

Re: the united states torture or not? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #818563
12/13/14 03:34 AM
12/13/14 03:34 AM
pittsburgh
xs0u1x Offline
Button
xs0u1x  Offline
Button
pittsburgh
Quote:
I've read a lot into it. I was in 7th grade when it happened and I still remember seeing the news reports.

The response then was the same as it is now. complete and utter stupidity, followed by blaming the easiest of targets. I still remember sitting there thinking how stupid the adults in the situation had to be to try to ban Marilyn Manson or video games. They refuse to accept the fact that there were two seriously mentally ill children that went unnoticed by their families and the community at large. we still refuse to except the fact that we have a serious problem with a culture of bullying

The zero tolerance policies that came after this have done nothing except empower bullies and get rid of common sense. they were a knee jerk reaction ushered in by parents who absolutely refused to accept the fact that their sweet little angel will brutalize and assault other students during the day at school. victims are not allowed to fight back without tarnishing themselves. combine that with a community that encourages bullying and hazing as a right of passage, a set of parents that either don't now or don't care, or are abusive, and the mental psyche of an adolescent. that is one giant molotov cocktail ready to explode.

Columbine was not some random freak occurance, and school shootings have not risen in frequency in recent times. in fact we've had school shootings basically for as long as we have had schools in this country. there wasn't some "golden age" in america where this stuff didn't happen, that's a complete fantasy. this isn't something that bringing jesus into school or saying the pledge of allegiance is going to fix. this is a long rooted illness in this country that nobody is willing to do anything meaningful to fix.

is there anything about myself being bullied? nope. its more about personal responsibility....the thing you righties talk so much about. except of course, only when it comes to you.

The fact of the matter is, every one of you toby keith bible thumping retards has absolutely been at fault for the nsa surveillance, the torture, the debt, and basically ruining america for the next hundred fucking years. if it doesn't collapse. you know why? because you are fucking dumb...and terrified.

you let a government you claim to distrust so much walk all over a constitution you've never read (or..atleast..at best....fail to understand) and trample your rights every time they mention isis...or whatever the latest muslim boogeyman is. you would have been good little nazi's.

Re: the united states torture or not? [Re: LaLouisiane] #818564
12/13/14 03:48 AM
12/13/14 03:48 AM
pittsburgh
xs0u1x Offline
Button
xs0u1x  Offline
Button
pittsburgh
Originally Posted By: LaLouisiane

Osama is dead. The man that claimed to have orchestrated the deaths of thousands during 9-11 and was the leading figure of the insurgency that killed thousands more in the Middle East. So let's round it off to say (let's be very conservative) ten thousand AMERICAN LIVES that were ended from this man and his ideology and hatred towards America. Yet you claim it to be shameful of America to display his body and show his last moments?

That wasn't shown for war propaganda, that was shown by Obama at a crucial point when his ratings were down. I'd be willing to bet his body was in the White House for half a year in a sealed bag that said: "Obama: Break seal at lowest job approval point to create political distraction. Sincerely, Hillary"

Do you even know why Osama hated America? Never mind, I'll educate you today on facts and not biased information you get from your preferred trustworthy news network.

The Taliban as we know it started as guerrilla warfare fighters to stand against the USSR (That's the Soviets). At this time we were in a cold war with the USSR and openly objected to Russia's imminent invasion of the Middle East since our main priority was to stop the spread of Communism.. Russia decided it would make a move for power and defy us, so guess what, they invaded despite widespread criticism by numerous nations.

The US had three options:

A. Back down with no action on the World's stage and lose credibility.
B. Send traditional fighting forces (That's our branches: Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force) and risk an all out war with the Soviets which would have probably ended in MAD warfare and me not writing this right now. (That's Mutually Assured Destruction from Thermonuclear Weapons)
C. Covertly send clandestine agency's to train and equip the Taliban to combat the Soviet's on a Consistent basis.

....We Chose C.....

In layman's terms, the US government took a group of Afghans and turned them into a formidable fighting force. The US empowered the Taliban, the Taliban didn't empower itself.

Let's fast forward to the end of the war with Russia pulling out and the Afghans winning against the Red Army. Hey everything is awesome, the USA had relatively little bloodshed lost and were in sole position as the world's dominant superpower.

It was at this point when left and headed back to the states that Osama decided that us funding his little army wasn't good enough. He felt as if the US government used his people to keep Russia into a prolonged conflict and drain it's resources.

And boy was he pissed...

Fast forward to 9-11, we are talking about 30 years down the road.

You do understand that it didn't matter if Bush or Gore was president; Osama was planning either way. So let's not get politics into this since the share was to equally blame among ourselves. Either party would have been faced with the same decision. What else would we have done, not taken action for the senseless acts of violence committed towards OUR OWN PEOPLE? Protesting always works, maybe we should have done that instead.

As well as for your Geneva conventions remark, would you care to elaborate on that a little more?? Your saying the execution (I'm talking beheading) of unarmed news reporters and civilians is the equivalency of water boarding the men who carried out these deaths or at least controlled the people that did?

If Osama won, ISIS would be using his name as a martyr for a rallying call before going into battle...I mean skirmishes, because they shoot then run. They only play tough guy when they capture an unarmed person, subdue him to where he cannot fight back, then rant about "Allah and tacos and Easy E" and some other inaudible then cut the poor guys head off.

Osama is dead, the Taliban has almost entirely been replaced by ISIS, turn the page.

It's like I said, Whack a mole, knock down one, out pops another. It'll never end, they've been doing it to each other for centuries. Their relevancy only continues because of the petroleum deposits beneath them. Once the middle east is dried up and can no longer produce, no one is going to lend assistance to them. They will be the new Africa with famine, war and genocide among each other.

What if we water board Serial Killers? Would you object to that? Technically they are our countrymen too, I mean you gotta take the good with the bad right?

I can agree with most of your post it was actually well written out and historically accurate. yes, we essentially created al qeada.
however, osama may be dead, but he still won.
1. the dollar is weak
2. the world markets are pretty much unstable
3. americans are willing to give up basic rights for a sense of security

through one act of terror he essentially changed how Americans function and think. mission accomplished....

I don't care about bush or gore, what i'm saying is you can't pay for two wars on a credit card. we fucked the next 2 or 3 generations with this debt.

Yes I would object to the waterboarding of serial killers. you know why? because you can't pick and choose what parts of the constitution or law you want to follow. or international law for that matter. What seperates us from those animals if we just do the same shit they do? now would I like to torture them? yeah sure.

would everybody here please stop calling me a liberal? i'm far from it.

Re: the united states torture or not? [Re: Footreads] #818565
12/13/14 03:56 AM
12/13/14 03:56 AM
pittsburgh
xs0u1x Offline
Button
xs0u1x  Offline
Button
pittsburgh
Originally Posted By: Footreads

Are the people who are at war with us follow the Geneva convention? To bad the person living his last moment was not related to you. I want to hear you say the same then.

I want to three funerals after 9/11. I don't see death like others so that did not bother me. It bothered the people that were with me.

Osama won well Osama was thrown in an ocean. Hopefully the people who threw him in pissed on him first.

Right after it people were afraid to walk around in the city. Unlike you and me but we are both tough guys aren't we?

We are different then most people aren't we?

You forgot to mention tge government using tge IRS against their own citizens. Now those guys and this administration they are full of cock suckers right?

Our President Obama denies knowing anything about anything. Do you believe that I don't how about you?

you mean when the irs investigated those clearly politically affiliated groups that were claiming a non profit church status?

come on...common sense here.

as for the rest of your argument, again, the corpses of 9/11 victims are not a reason to erode the constitution and ignore international law.

Re: the united states torture or not? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #818566
12/13/14 03:57 AM
12/13/14 03:57 AM
pittsburgh
xs0u1x Offline
Button
xs0u1x  Offline
Button
pittsburgh
LOL war on terror.....we got the department of homeland security that investigates copyright infringement and illegal downloading. look it up

gimme a fuckin ' break.

Re: the united states torture or not? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #818570
12/13/14 04:56 AM
12/13/14 04:56 AM
D
Dwalin2011 Offline
Underboss
Dwalin2011  Offline
D
Underboss
I don't really want to get involved into the argument about whether torture is ok in this case from an ethical point of view, although I hate both terrorists and secret services (since they have been involved in many crimes, it's not like they are just terrorist-fighting "knights in shining armor").
However, I wanted to ask: why do people here continuously talk only about AMERICA, saving AMERICAN lives, protecting AMERICAN citizens? It's not like terrorists hit only America, and it's not like the victims with other citizenships don't matter.

Last edited by Dwalin2011; 12/13/14 04:57 AM.

Willie Marfeo to Henry Tameleo:

1) "You people want a loaf of bread and you throw the crumbs back. Well, fuck you. I ain't closing down."

2) "Get out of here, old man. Go tell Raymond to go shit in his hat. We're not giving you anything."
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull