GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (m2w), 115 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,355
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,737
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,502
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,283
Posts1,057,856
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: And in other New England news.. [Re: IvyLeague] #881178
04/13/16 02:45 AM
04/13/16 02:45 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline OP
IvyLeague  Offline OP
I

So I guess I'll be the one to ask the question - why do we have them labeling Parillo an associate when Scott has said he's consigliere or higher?

Mob associate to serve 5 years for 2011 nightclub assault
By Bill Tomison
April 12, 2016

PROVIDENCE, R.I. (WPRI) — Convicted murderer Anthony Parrillo was sentenced Monday to 15 years, 5 to serve, at the Adult Correctional Institutions in Cranston, for assaulting a couple in 2011.

A judge found Parrillo guilty of the felony assault in a bench trial back in November 2015.

Parrillo, 65, was charged in connection with an incident on Atwells Avenue in Providence’s Federal Hill. A man and woman told authorities they were attacked by bouncers outside of the now-closed “Club Two Nine Five.”

The judge had dismissed a second count of felony assault earlier in the case.

Parillo was remanded to the ACI immediately after sentencing. He’s known to be an associate of the Patriarca crime family, and pleaded guilty in 1986 to the 1982 murder of two men involving a drug deal; he was released to home confinement in 1994.

In 1997, Parrillo was profiled in a Target 12 Investigation revealing he was working as a Teamster on the Michael Corrente film “Outside Providence.” Undercover video showed Parrillo acting as a bodyguard and driver to film star Alec Baldwin.

At the time, law enforcement sources identified Parrillo as a close associate to then-mob boss Luigi “Baby Shacks” Manocchio.

http://wpri.com/2016/04/12/mob-associate-to-serve-5-years

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: And in other New England news.. [Re: paddy78] #881195
04/13/16 08:48 AM
04/13/16 08:48 AM
M
mike68 Offline
Underboss
mike68  Offline
M
Underboss
It's a small world sometimes. I was in line at a wake for the brother of a friend of mine last night. There was a guy just a couple of people in front of me who looked very familiar but I couldn't pinpoint it. It was a long line and I had plenty of time to figure out who it was when it finally dawned on me that I had seen this guy in the newspaper and on the news. It was Charlie Lightbody and his brother. Then it started to make sense to me. My friends other surviving brother was a defense attorney for amongst others, Darin Bufalino and Charlie Lightbody. He actually seemed like a very respectful guy. Nice of him to pay his respects while his trial is ongoing. Not sure everybody would do that.

Re: And in other New England news.. [Re: IvyLeague] #881196
04/13/16 10:31 AM
04/13/16 10:31 AM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
So I guess I'll be the one to ask the question - why do we have them labeling Parillo an associate when Scott has said he's consigliere or higher?

He was listed as an associate in '97 (In 1997, Parrillo was profiled.....At the time, law enforcement sources identified Parrillo as a close associate)

Though Im not familiar with what context Scott has him as consig so....

MORGAN: Why didn't you fight him at the park if you wanted to? I'm not goin' now, I'm eatin' my snack.
CHUCKIE: Morgan, Let's go.
MORGAN: I'm serious Chuckie, I ain't goin'.
WILL: So don't go.
Re: And in other New England news.. [Re: IvyLeague] #881198
04/13/16 11:20 AM
04/13/16 11:20 AM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

I think because its a state case they can't bring up any of the mafia names and shit the feds love to bounce around for press. Its was a allsault case not mob. Probably why it didn't get any press. He's been in jail since November and gonna be there for a few years there's a position open. I think baby shacks was super secretive cause ray Jr shit got recorded by the feds. Who knows how many guys are made in Rhode island my guess would be around 15 20. That guy st Laurent who was claiming he was on his death bed 10 yrs ago is probably in a half way house. His release date is sometime this summer.

Re: And in other New England news.. [Re: IvyLeague] #881200
04/13/16 11:22 AM
04/13/16 11:22 AM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

Other then ray Jr none of the sons of guys got in which basically is the way its rebounded across the northeast in Numbers.

Re: And in other New England news.. [Re: IvyLeague] #881202
04/13/16 11:23 AM
04/13/16 11:23 AM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

Funny ray sr said on a wiretap all them guys in cierco are there cause of a father or a uncle.

Re: And in other New England news.. [Re: IvyLeague] #881206
04/13/16 01:47 PM
04/13/16 01:47 PM
paris
M
miklo Offline
Capo
miklo  Offline
M
Capo
paris
Are they family members or associates Patriarca?

Re: And in other New England news.. [Re: pmac] #881208
04/13/16 01:56 PM
04/13/16 01:56 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline OP
IvyLeague  Offline OP
I

Originally Posted By: pmac
I think because its a state case they can't bring up any of the mafia names and shit the feds love to bounce around for press. Its was a allsault case not mob. Probably why it didn't get any press. He's been in jail since November and gonna be there for a few years there's a position open. I think baby shacks was super secretive cause ray Jr shit got recorded by the feds. Who knows how many guys are made in Rhode island my guess would be around 15 20. That guy st Laurent who was claiming he was on his death bed 10 yrs ago is probably in a half way house. His release date is sometime this summer.

I would think this article would have identified Parillo as his rank if he actually had one. I don't recall seeing him listed as consigliere anywhere except Scott and blogs that passed on what Scott has said. In other words, I'm not inclined to give Scott's info the benefit of the doubt on this.

And there are about a dozen members left on Providence.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: And in other New England news.. [Re: IvyLeague] #881282
04/14/16 02:04 PM
04/14/16 02:04 PM
G
gangstereport Offline
Underboss
gangstereport  Offline
G
Underboss

I would think this article would have identified Parillo as his rank if he actually had one. I don't recall seeing him listed as consigliere anywhere except Scott and blogs that passed on what Scott has said. In other words, I'm not inclined to give Scott's info the benefit of the doubt on this.

like pmac said its a state case they cant bring up mafia names (but as usual) any opportunity to bash scott. Not saying scott is always factural i even think he gets some stuff wrong but the way you and a couple of others constantly try and discredit him is riciclous and i think its personal your dislike for him is not a new thing it goes back years but i would trust what he has to say over you he is a mob reporter whenever you like him or not especially as you seem to have a real dislike for this guy and not just on this forum i have seen this your informantion i nearly always enjoy because you are factual and you alwways say you consider other sources before making a judgment its just like you always write of what scott has to say before even considering it. You also say he is not credible etc well your hero capeci has allowed him to write on his gangland on more than one occasion so if capeci thinks he is credible and antastia has a good relationship with scott

Not connected with scott or anyone at gangsterreport

Sorry for the confusion
Re: And in other New England news.. [Re: gangstereport] #881283
04/14/16 02:17 PM
04/14/16 02:17 PM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: gangstereport

like pmac said its a state case they cant bring up mafia names (but as usual) any opportunity to bash scott. Not saying scott is always factural i even think he gets some stuff wrong but the way you and a couple of others constantly try and discredit him is riciclous and i think its personal your dislike for him is not a new thing it goes back years but i would trust what he has to say over you he is a mob reporter whenever you like him or not especially as you seem to have a real dislike for this guy and not just on this forum i have seen this your informantion i nearly always enjoy because you are factual and you alwways say you consider other sources before making a judgment its just like you always write of what scott has to say before even considering it. You also say he is not credible etc well your hero capeci has allowed him to write on his gangland on more than one occasion so if capeci thinks he is credible and antastia has a good relationship with scott

What a profoundly stupid comment.

So because there is zero evidence for Scott's claim, Ivy, choosing to harbour doubts, must therefor be doing so because he hates Scott and have a historical enmity towards him.

What utter garbage.

A) Scott being a reporter does not make him infallible.
B) This subject matter by its nature is incredibly grey and vague and being skeptical at ANY information without serious evidence or corroboration is a healthy mindset.
C) No-one HATES Scott. Some people just dont choose to blindly accept uncorroborated extreme claims. EG Detroit having 60 buttons. Why's that so fucking hard to believe?
Half you guys who worship Scott just WANT him to be right. Truth be damned.

MORGAN: Why didn't you fight him at the park if you wanted to? I'm not goin' now, I'm eatin' my snack.
Re: And in other New England news.. [Re: IvyLeague] #881286
04/14/16 02:47 PM
04/14/16 02:47 PM
CT
M
mightyhealthy Offline
Underboss
mightyhealthy  Offline
M
Underboss
CT
Sometimes I wonder, though, why Ivy holds traditional publications in such high regard. I doubt WRPI has much left in its organized crime reporting division, if it ever had one at all...

Re: And in other New England news.. [Re: SonnyBlackstein] #881287
04/14/16 02:48 PM
G
gangstereport Offline
Underboss
gangstereport  Offline
G
Underboss
Originally Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

What a profoundly stupid comment.

So because there is zero evidence for Scott's claim, Ivy, choosing to harbour doubts, must therefor be doing so because he hates Scott and have a historical enmity towards him.

What utter garbage.

A) Scott being a reporter does not make him infallible.
B) This subject matter by its nature is incredibly grey and vague and being skeptical at ANY information without serious evidence or corroboration is a healthy mindset.
C) No-one HATES Scott. Some people just dont choose to blindly accept uncorroborated extreme claims. EG Detroit having 60 buttons. Why's that so fucking hard to believe?
Half you guys who worship Scott just WANT him to be right. Truth be damned.

now your misquoting me and making stuff up

A) i said scott is not always right infact i have said he is often wrong not once i have said

B) i agree with that what i am saying is i dont like the way some people always say he is wrong before considering what he has said

C)Now that this annoyed me not once have i ever said detroit mafia has 60 made guy that is bullshit i dont even think scott has said that if you have seen any of my posts on Detroit i have always said i think they have around 20 made guys never 60 tell me once when i have said 60 or even 30 made guys. Scotts Detroit stuff is good but i have always considered other information when making a view on Detroit. I dont "worship" scott i think he gets alot wrong he could be wrong i am saying i dont like the way people automatically say he is wrong without even considering he could be right and from seeing stuff on the real deal forum it looks personal to me

Last edited by gangstereport; 04/14/16 02:49 PM.

Not connected with scott or anyone at gangsterreport

Sorry for the confusion
Re: And in other New England news.. [Re: IvyLeague] #881288
CT
M
mightyhealthy Offline
Underboss
mightyhealthy  Offline
M
Underboss
CT
Or maybe him being an associate comes from the States Attorney's office and they just repeat it?

Re: And in other New England news.. [Re: IvyLeague] #881289
04/14/16 03:41 PM
04/14/16 03:41 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline OP
IvyLeague  Offline OP
I

None of us wake up and think, "How can I shit on Scott today?" I don't have anything personal against him. However, if he has indeed misidentified Parillo, it would be another example of him being fast and free with labels. Which, for the record, was the one of the original reasons for disagreement on another board. You know, taking a family that is arguably viable and making it more hierarchical than General Motors.

As for holding other publications in such high regard, I tend to give them as much weight as they deserve. Outside of guys who follow the mob for a living - Capeci, Raab, Robbins, Anastasia, Marzulli, etc - the media can often be sloppy when it comes to the mob. I just think it's an eyebrow raiser that no other media outlet has identified this guy as anything other than an associate and he hasn't been identified by the government as anything else. And there have been state cases in Rhode Island in recent years where mob ranks were specified. Not sure where people got the idea they can't do that.

Last edited by IvyLeague; 04/14/16 03:42 PM.

Re: And in other New England news.. [Re: gangstereport] #881309
04/14/16 09:17 PM
04/14/16 09:17 PM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss

C)Now that this annoyed me not once have i ever said detroit mafia has 60 made guy that is bullshit i dont even think scott has said that if you have seen any of my posts on Detroit i have always said i think they have around 20 made guys never 60 tell me once when i have said 60 or even 30 made guys. Scotts Detroit stuff is good but i have always considered other information when making a view on Detroit. I dont "worship" scott i think he gets alot wrong he could be wrong i am saying i dont like the way people automatically say he is wrong without even considering he could be right and from seeing stuff on the real deal forum it looks personal to me

You misunderstand me. I'm not saying you said this. Scott did. Hence, there's basis for a healthy skepticism. Which is all Ivy and myself have.
We Simply ask for a little corroboration regarding big claims.
There's nothing personal whatsoever which is what you're insinuating and what I have issue with.

Re: And in other New England news.. [Re: IvyLeague] #881321
04/15/16 09:49 AM
04/15/16 09:49 AM
A
azguy Offline
Underboss
azguy  Offline
A
Underboss
Definitely not consigliere but he was a very powerful guy with lots of income and interests around Providence. This was my point all along with you guys, up until a few years ago nobody had even really heard his name and he was the most powerful guy in Providence.

The gambling bust is interesting, lots of Italian names, that's the "farm system" there.

Last edited by azguy; 04/16/16 12:03 AM.

"In onore della Famiglia la Famiglia e' aperta"
Re: And in other New England news.. [Re: IvyLeague] #881331
04/15/16 12:09 PM
04/15/16 12:09 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

I think parillo is n a fox undercover video. He's with baby shacks deluca limone and others at a restaurant in the north end. Think Its was after mark Rossetti's moms funeral. There all eating at a table he has a pony tail wearing a leather jacket. 2009 maybe. Before deluca flipped and the state police outed roseeti as a FBI mole. Read they might be charging rosetti and others with dsaros murder. Guess they found the body.

Re: And in other New England news.. [Re: pmac] #881338
04/15/16 01:48 PM
04/15/16 01:48 PM
P
player Offline
Wiseguy
player  Offline
P
Wiseguy
pmca, That guy stlaurent that you think you know so much about isn't in a half way house and never was. stlaurent is still in prison, and he is still sick he did his time so leave HIM ALONE.
And leave Ray jr ALONE TOO.

Re: And in other New England news.. [Re: player] #881367
04/15/16 05:05 PM
04/15/16 05:05 PM
H
Holyoke Offline
Capo
Holyoke  Offline
H
Capo
I'm not speaking on pmac's behalf but from what I've read he barely talked those 2 guys you're so concerned about. Last time I checked, I found out that we all, or most of us, come here to discuss the mob. When I read your post I thought he slandered St Laurent and rubber lips but when I read his post I realized you wasted your time getting upset, just like I wasted my time with this post.

Re: And in other New England news.. [Re: IvyLeague] #881385
04/16/16 12:02 AM
04/16/16 12:02 AM
A
azguy Offline
Underboss
azguy  Offline
A
Underboss
If the saint gets out it'll be the greatest comeback of all-time, I think his date is like 2018, that bastard will make it I bet.....and JR, he's living the good life, what's there to talk about?

Re: And in other New England news.. [Re: IvyLeague] #881400
04/16/16 01:14 PM
04/16/16 01:14 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

Yaeh he raps it up in September.I remebr it was on the local news they brought him to his arraignment on a stretcher. Good for him if he doesn't die in jail. This guy Joe y used to handle the martoranos brother money I read in a Howie carr book. He's fucked how the feds gets 6 different victims to say they were extorted. They must have owed a lot of money or the feds twisted there arms. He just did like 10+yrs. There was a article the feds were kissed he didn't pay back like 250k in fines. Probably gonna get hammerd. But the extortion cases against that guy spunky fell apart and he got like 2 yrs.

Re: And in other New England news.. [Re: IvyLeague] #881401
04/16/16 01:15 PM
04/16/16 01:15 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

Maybe that Wynn casino case isn't going as planned.

Re: And in other New England news.. [Re: IvyLeague] #881559
04/20/16 11:10 AM
04/20/16 11:10 AM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

Forbes wrote a article destroying the prosecutions case. There trying to bring mafia and strip clubs into it when its only a land deal. Its a stretch. Wynns lawyer knew about light body and worked a deal out around him.

Re: And in other New England news.. [Re: pmac] #881711
04/22/16 02:07 PM
04/22/16 02:07 PM
B
BostonGodfather781 Offline
Wiseguy
BostonGodfather781  Offline
B
Wiseguy
Yaeh he raps it up in September.I remebr it was on the local news they brought him to his arraignment on a stretcher. Good for him if he doesn't die in jail. This guy Joe y used to handle the martoranos brother money I read in a Howie carr book. He's fucked how the feds gets 6 different victims to say they were extorted. They must have owed a lot of money or the feds twisted there arms. He just did like 10+yrs. There was a article the feds were kissed he didn't pay back like 250k in fines. Probably gonna get hammerd. But the extortion cases against that guy spunky fell apart and he got like 2 yrs.

Joey y huge $$ guy out in Newton, astronomical sports book....

5 more go down for gambling ...including^^
https://www.justice.gov/usao-ma/pr/five-boston-area-men-charged-extortion-and-gambling

Re: And in other New England news.. [Re: BostonGodfather781] #882020
04/25/16 12:42 PM
04/25/16 12:42 PM
M
mike68 Offline
Underboss
mike68  Offline
M
Underboss
Originally Posted By: BostonGodfather781

Joey y huge $$ guy out in Newton, astronomical sports book....

5 more go down for gambling ...including^^
https://www.justice.gov/usao-ma/pr/five-boston-area-men-charged-extortion-and-gambling

I didn't even know that Yerardi was out. He's been in jail more than out in recent years.

Re: And in other New England news.. [Re: IvyLeague] #882397
04/29/16 04:26 PM
04/29/16 04:26 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

All the guys on trial for the Wynn casino fraud found not guilty across the board bad look for the feds. So do these guys cutt up the 40 million from Wynn on TV now.

Re: And in other New England news.. [Re: IvyLeague] #882417
04/29/16 08:12 PM
04/29/16 08:12 PM
A
azguy Offline
Underboss
azguy  Offline
A
Underboss
They should march down to the Gemini and cut up a chuck of cash and invite Howie Carr to cover it....

Re: And in other New England news.. [Re: IvyLeague] #882504
04/30/16 06:18 PM
04/30/16 06:18 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

just weird case after the feds told wynn about it and indicted the guys wynn reneged the price from 75 million to 35mill. and he still purchised the land. so the feds save him 40mill, this is all screwed up.

Re: And in other New England news.. [Re: IvyLeague] #885102
06/09/16 10:19 PM
06/09/16 10:19 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

Watching fox news the fbi confirmed today tht was that night club owner disalvo found in providence so i dont know what happens next. Slemmi is free his son who did the murder is dead so idk.

Re: And in other New England news.. [Re: IvyLeague] #885114
06/10/16 04:43 AM
06/10/16 04:43 AM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
DiSarro*

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull