GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Jimmy_Two_Times, 1 invisible), 136 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,095
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,356
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,487
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,218
Posts1,056,200
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Israel #789381
07/15/14 04:31 PM
07/15/14 04:31 PM
Miami, Fla via Englewood Cliff...
Longshoreman Offline OP
Button
Longshoreman  Offline OP
Button
Miami, Fla via Englewood Cliff...
EVERYTIME these people protect themselves they are bashed! Let them do what they have to do, first sign of weakness and they get it from the 300 million that surround and hate them!

http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/15/world/meast/mideast-israel-strike-warnings/index.html?c=homepage-t

Re: Israel [Re: Longshoreman] #789542
07/16/14 08:10 AM
07/16/14 08:10 AM
Alabama
D
dixiemafia Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
dixiemafia  Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
D
Underboss
Alabama
I agree we should FINALLY stay out of their business (and other countries as well) and let Israel wipe those fookers off the face of Earth. Israel is no joke military wise to begin with, and who are we and other countries to tell them not to defend themselves and/or strike back?? If the U.S. and others were smart we'd leave them alone and let them finally give Hamas that death stroke they've deserve for a long time!

Re: Israel [Re: Longshoreman] #789565
07/16/14 09:43 AM
The 5th circle of hell
Don Smitty Offline
Underboss
Don Smitty  Offline
Underboss
The 5th circle of hell
Imagine if Mexico was firing rockets into Texas. What would we do?

I woke up this morning with nothing to do and went to bed with only half of it done.

http://attacked911.tripod.com/
http://www.stjude.org/
Re: Israel [Re: Longshoreman] #789566
The 5th circle of hell
Don Smitty Offline
Underboss
Don Smitty  Offline
Underboss
The 5th circle of hell
I will tell you what we would be doing, we would be dusting off the nukes!

I woke up this morning with nothing to do and went to bed with only half of it done.

http://attacked911.tripod.com/
http://www.stjude.org/
Re: Israel [Re: Don Smitty] #789583
07/16/14 10:19 AM
07/16/14 10:19 AM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Originally Posted By: Don Smitty
Imagine if Mexico was firing rockets into Texas. What would we do?

Exactly.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: Israel [Re: Longshoreman] #789609
07/16/14 11:47 AM
07/16/14 11:47 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: Longshoreman
EVERYTIME these people protect themselves they are bashed! Let them do what they have to do, first sign of weakness and they get it from the 300 million that surround and hate them!

http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/15/world/meast/mideast-israel-strike-warnings/index.html?c=homepage-t

Amen to that. It sickens me how the liberal media in the West constantly condemns Israel and makes excuses for the Palestinians and others surrounding Israel who are bent on it's destruction. I have my theory for why that is but won't go into that right now. And, unfortunately, the guy currently in the White House is no friend of Israel. Virtually without exception, every time Israel has capitulated and given land to the Palestinians, the latter how turned around sooner or later and used that land to launch new attacks on Israel. And Israel shows nothing but restraint when it could easily wipe every last Palestinian (as well as every last Hamas or Hezbollah SOB) off the map.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Israel [Re: Longshoreman] #789625
07/16/14 12:22 PM
07/16/14 12:22 PM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

It will only be a matter before the US get involved, they can't help it.. wink

The Mafia Is Not Primarily An Organisation Of Murderers.
First And Foremost,The Mafia Is Made Up Of Thieves.
It Is Driven By Greed And Controlled By Fear.

Between The Law And The Mafia, The Law Is Not The Most To Be Feared

"What if the Mafia were not an organization but a widespread Sicilian attitude of hostility towards the law?"

"Make Love Not War" John Lennon
Re: Israel [Re: Longshoreman] #789626
07/16/14 12:31 PM
07/16/14 12:31 PM
New Jersey
Five_Felonies Offline
Underboss
Five_Felonies  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
the israeli's crying when people in the united states don't agree with what they do is the same thing as a teenager who's finacially dependent on his parents crying when he gets told he can't do whatever he wants. let them do whatever they want, but without our money and without our weapons. this idea of the all powerful israeli military is a total joke! what weapons do they produce themselves other than a tiny assortment of small arms? they are a conscript army full of women, let's see how long they can last without the blank check mislabeled as us foreign aid!

It's either blue cheese with wings or go fuck yer mudda!
Re: Israel [Re: Five_Felonies] #789627
07/16/14 12:42 PM
07/16/14 12:42 PM
Alabama
D
dixiemafia Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
dixiemafia  Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
D
Underboss
Alabama
Originally Posted By: Five_Felonies
let's see how long they can last without the blank check mislabeled as us foreign aid!

They are stronger than you give them credit for but we'll agree to disagree there.

As for the quote above EVERY foreign aid package contains weapons. They just never mention that on the news.

Re: Israel [Re: dixiemafia] #789642
07/16/14 01:59 PM
07/16/14 01:59 PM
New Jersey
Five_Felonies Offline
Underboss
Five_Felonies  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
Originally Posted By: dixiemafia
They are stronger than you give them credit for but we'll agree to disagree there.

As for the quote above EVERY foreign aid package contains weapons. They just never mention that on the news.

a conscripted army will never be as strong or as well motivated as an all volunteer force, i don't think anybody can or will dispute that point. yes, they have some well trained operatives who are combat experienced, but again, what weapons do they produce themselves? do they manufacture their own f-15/16's? what kind of a navy do they have? are they equiped with any aircraft carriers, or is their navy made up mostly of a bunch of smaller craft and a few subs? where did they come across the nuclear weapons they are alleged to be in possession of? is their small population and economy capable of funding the current military setup they have in place, or are they dependent on help from outside sources? their military force is roughly the same size as that of the uk, who would smoke them in any type of conflict in short order!

i have no dog in the fight over there. i think it's silly for us to continue to waste vast amounts of money to try and shape the region as we see fit, which hasn't exactly worked out too well! i get very annoyed at all of these people who are so passionate about supporting them. imo, unless you are willing to join up or send your own family over there to fight for them, you should keep your fucking ideas to yourself. religious nutjobs have and will continue to kill each other based off of a bunch silly nonsense, best to just steer clear of the whole mess imo!

It's either blue cheese with wings or go fuck yer mudda!
Re: Israel [Re: Longshoreman] #789653
07/16/14 02:50 PM
07/16/14 02:50 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
The Israelis produce the Merkeva main battle tank which is one of the world's best. They also have an extensive number of F15s and F16s which they have extensively modified to accommodate their defense needs. Also, the Iron Dome (although subsidized by a US funded financial aid package) is home-grown.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Israel [Re: Longshoreman] #789664
07/16/14 03:20 PM
07/16/14 03:20 PM
Boca Raton
NNY78 Offline
The Counselor
NNY78  Offline
The Counselor
Underboss
Boca Raton
Thanks to Longshoreman for the topic,

I'm not taking a side here or placing any blame. I just think it's very sad that intolerance is still fueling the desire to do harm whether it be religious, race, gender.... etc. oriented and whether it's in the Middle East or America. I can be pretty intolerant when I don't get what I want or when someone doesn't agree with me, I can only imagine how these folks on all sides feel knowing that there are others who have disdain for their very existence.

Re: Israel [Re: Longshoreman] #789668
07/16/14 03:29 PM
07/16/14 03:29 PM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
The Palestinians have the right to defend themselves just as surely as the Israelis do. They are human too. It's amazing how that never gets thru in the American media.

If violence is wrong it's wrong for everyone. Eliminationist fantasies aside, the Palestinians aren't going anywhere. If an argument requires denying the humanity of your opponent, it's a shit argument.

In the same way that apartheid South Africa was forced to change, eventually Israel will as well. The occupation and settlements can't continue unending. The only question is how many innocents will die before change occurs.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_p...e_occupied.html

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: Israel [Re: Longshoreman] #789672
07/16/14 03:40 PM
07/16/14 03:40 PM
B
bigboy Offline
Underboss
bigboy  Offline
B
Underboss
ISrael is a small country surrounded by people who want to wipe them off the face of the earth, just as they would like to wipe USA off the face of the earth. They have been a loyal ally to USA. They have a very well equipped and trained military. In response to Don Smitty, If Mexico fired a rocket into this country, I am not too sure what the current administration would do- maybe offer them money to "Be friends"??? Yes-if we had a strong President, we would take combat action to them.

Re: Israel [Re: Longshoreman] #789674
07/16/14 03:42 PM
07/16/14 03:42 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Change will occur when Palestinians rid themselves of Hezbollah, El Fatah, the Al Aqsa Martyrs, and Hamas (among others), and embrace democracy. Had Egypt not joined Syria in the six day war in '67 and Jordan fulfilled its armistice agreement following the 1948 arab-israeli war, Palestinians would have a state of their own.

It also needs to be understood that the Palestinian Authority in the West Bank is not sponsoring attacks on Israel and that Hamas which is attacking Israel is an illegitimate government in the Gaza Strip which is supposed to be part of the Palestinian Authority territory.

Last edited by olivant; 07/16/14 03:47 PM.

Re: Israel [Re: olivant] #789676
07/16/14 03:52 PM
07/16/14 03:52 PM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Originally Posted By: olivant
Change will occur when Palestinians rid themselves of Hezbollah, El Fatah, the Al Aqsa Martyrs, and Hamas (among others), and embrace democracy. Had Egypt not joined Syria in the six day war in '67 and Jordan fulfilled its armistice agreement following the 1948 arab-israeli war, Palestinians would have a state of their own.

Hezbollah is not Palestinian.
And non-violent Palestinians are shot, arrested and beaten just as violent Palestinians are. Fatah has already recognized Israel's right to exist. What they have refused to do is to recognize Israel as "a Jewish state".

There is no chance under current settlement activity for Palestinians to have a state of their own as Israeli land grabs have increased exponentially since 1993 Oslo accords.
Hamas was elected. The Israelis shouldn't be able to elect their leaders and the Palestinian leaders. In war/conflict you can only make peace with enemies.

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: Israel [Re: Longshoreman] #789691
07/16/14 04:44 PM
07/16/14 04:44 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Your post is a mix and match. As I posted above, when the Palestinians rid themselves of terrorists groups, then the Israelis can begin seriously discussing Palestinian integration into a middle east state. Israel is a Jewish state and El Fatah does not speak for the arab world which has consistently since 1948 sought to destroy Israel. Currently, palestinians do not have the gravitas to preclude any palestinian state from becoming a staging area for terrorism against Israel. Hamas was elected in the Gaza strip, but within the Fatah sphere of government which Hamas has refused to recognize.

Re: Israel [Re: olivant] #789710
07/16/14 05:44 PM
07/16/14 05:44 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
One of the under-reported stories is how Palestinians contribute to their own misery through their own bad choices that they refuse to take responsibility for. Case in point:

After Arafat died in late 2005,(leaving his family in Switzerland richer by the $2 billion he embezzled from his own people), Mahmoud Abbas became leader of the Palestinian Authority. Israel thought he was a man of peace so they returned Gaza to the PA--in the process removing 9,000 Jewish settlers, many forcibly, so the Palestinians wouldn't be bothered by any Jews in their midst. The Palestinians immediately voted out the PA and installed Hamas, an Islamic terrorist organization whose charter calls for the destruction of Israel. They then started raining rockets down on Israel (~9k by now).

What did the Palestinians think was going to happen when they voted in Hamas? Did they think Israelis would stand idly by while their country was being attacked? And, what did they think would happen now, when Hamas resumed raining missiles on Israel, storing them in private homes, schools, hospitals and mosques? Israel actually warns Gaza residents when they are about to attack, and gives them time to clear out--do we provide similar concern to our enemies in Afghanistan? The people clear out; Hamas urges them to stay because Hamas wants dead martyrs so they can prop up their corrupt, fascistic regime and generate wailing-mother video for the global media.

I believe the average Palestinian doesn't want war any more than the average Israeli, and with good reason: Palestinians have suffered far more casualties in the many battles waged with Israel. But they need to take responsibility for their actions. Hamas, with Gazans' fervid approval, started the current battle.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: Israel [Re: Turnbull] #789717
07/16/14 06:01 PM
07/16/14 06:01 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Turnbull
Palestinians have suffered far more casualties in the many battles waged with Israel. But they need to take responsibility for their actions. Hamas, with Gazans' fervid approval, started the current battle.

Spot....freaking....on.

But this shit's never gonna end.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Israel [Re: Lilo] #789747
07/16/14 08:41 PM
07/16/14 08:41 PM
ItalianForever Offline
Capo
ItalianForever  Offline
Capo
Originally Posted By: Lilo

Hezbollah is not Palestinian.
And non-violent Palestinians are shot, arrested and beaten just as violent Palestinians are. Fatah has already recognized Israel's right to exist. What they have refused to do is to recognize Israel as "a Jewish state".

There is no chance under current settlement activity for Palestinians to have a state of their own as Israeli land grabs have increased exponentially since 1993 Oslo accords.
Hamas was elected. The Israelis shouldn't be able to elect their leaders and the Palestinian leaders. In war/conflict you can only make peace with enemies.

This country gives every shit hole country money including the Palestinians. Dont be selective about israel , if you gotta problem with foreign aid, why don't you aim it at the countries who harbor terrorists.

Last edited by ItalianForever; 07/16/14 08:51 PM.
Re: Israel [Re: olivant] #789763
07/17/14 01:30 AM
07/17/14 01:30 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Your post is a mix and match. As I posted above, when the Palestinians rid themselves of terrorists groups, then the Israelis can begin seriously discussing Palestinian integration into a middle east state. Israel is a Jewish state and El Fatah does not speak for the arab world which has consistently since 1948 sought to destroy Israel. Currently, palestinians do not have the gravitas to preclude any palestinian state from becoming a staging area for terrorism against Israel. Hamas was elected in the Gaza strip, but within the Fatah sphere of government which Hamas has refused to recognize.

Actually when Hamas was elected Fatah tried to overthrow it and lost. Hamas and the Palestinian Authority (Fatah) have now just recently formed a unity government. One of Israel's responses was to imprison/kill Hamas elected officials.

As I've written before Israel has increased the number of settlements during the so-called peace process to the point where it is laughable to talk about a two-state solution. They have done this despite the PA acceding to virtually every Israeli demand. There is, absent massive pressure, no longer room for a two-state solution.

You write as if the Palestinians are destroying Israeli homes, forcing the Israelis into ever smaller refugee areas or using live rounds against protesters. This is not the case. The occupation and creeping annexation of the West Bank and the blockade of Gaza are criminal actions.

Israel doesn't get to pick the leaders of the Palestinians any more than the French got to decide who led the Algerians or the Americans chose those of the Lakota Sioux. From a Palestinian perspective one could just as easily say that we refuse to negotiate with an Israeli government that includes groups like Shas or Yisrael Beitenu.

The only solution long term is a unitary state with equal rights for all. If South Africa can accomplish it, Israel certainly can.

Winter is Coming

Re: Israel [Re: Longshoreman] #789764
07/17/14 01:43 AM
07/17/14 01:43 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI

Winter is Coming

Re: Israel [Re: Longshoreman] #789794
07/17/14 06:40 AM
07/17/14 06:40 AM
ItalianForever Offline
Capo
ItalianForever  Offline
Capo
What about the rockets Hamas fires into Israel on a daily basis without Israel responding? Do you think that behavior is okay? You seem to imply that you do and that Israel should not be able to defend itself.

Re: Israel [Re: ItalianForever] #789799
07/17/14 06:49 AM
07/17/14 06:49 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Yeah, this thread was a good idea.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Israel [Re: Longshoreman] #789805
07/17/14 07:24 AM
07/17/14 07:24 AM
ItalianForever Offline
Capo
ItalianForever  Offline
Capo
I hear you Pizza. I just view this issue and the move in this country towards anti Israel viewpoints as more evidence of this country's moral deterioration. We used to support allies.

Re: Israel [Re: ItalianForever] #789809
07/17/14 07:35 AM
07/17/14 07:35 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: ItalianForever
I hear you Pizza. I just view this issue and the move in this country towards anti Israel viewpoints as more evidence of this country's moral deterioration. We used to support allies.

I fervently support them, too. But when this thread started, I knew it was going to be trouble. That's all smile.

Re: Israel [Re: Longshoreman] #789817
07/17/14 08:34 AM
07/17/14 08:34 AM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
One of My daughters graduated from Columbia university in 2002. A lot of the students and teachers at the graduation were wearing scarves. Evidently were Palestinian scarves. They were showing solidarity with the Palestinians.

I did not know what to make of this we just went to celebrate her graduation.

only the unloved hate
Re: Israel [Re: Footreads] #789823
07/17/14 09:09 AM
07/17/14 09:09 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Footreads
One of My daughters graduated from Columbia university in 2002. A lot of the students and teachers at the graduation were wearing scarves. Evidently were Palestinian scarves. They were showing solidarity with the Palestinians.

I did not know what to make of this we just went to celebrate her graduation.

Yeah, Columbia, where they gave Mahmoud Ahmadinejad a platform to spew his hate all in the name of "free speech." rolleyes

Of course that does nothing to diminish your daughter's accomplishments, Foot. But that was the last straw for me with that school. There are liberals, and then there are self-hating Americans. And Columbia crosses that line way too often for my taste.

Re: Israel [Re: Longshoreman] #789829
07/17/14 09:28 AM
07/17/14 09:28 AM
ItalianForever Offline
Capo
ItalianForever  Offline
Capo
Its crazy to me how much the democratic party changed. When I grew up everyone in my family was a democrat. Now everyone in my family votes republican. The democratic party is now just about representing a permanent underclass of minorities addicted to government assistance.

Re: Israel [Re: Five_Felonies] #789831
07/17/14 09:36 AM
07/17/14 09:36 AM
Alabama
D
dixiemafia Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
dixiemafia  Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
D
Underboss
Alabama
Originally Posted By: Five_Felonies
Originally Posted By: dixiemafia

a conscripted army will never be as strong or as well motivated as an all volunteer force, i don't think anybody can or will dispute that point. yes, they have some well trained operatives who are combat experienced, but again, what weapons do they produce themselves? do they manufacture their own f-15/16's? what kind of a navy do they have? are they equiped with any aircraft carriers, or is their navy made up mostly of a bunch of smaller craft and a few subs? where did they come across the nuclear weapons they are alleged to be in possession of? is their small population and economy capable of funding the current military setup they have in place, or are they dependent on help from outside sources? their military force is roughly the same size as that of the uk, who would smoke them in any type of conflict in short order!

i have no dog in the fight over there. i think it's silly for us to continue to waste vast amounts of money to try and shape the region as we see fit, which hasn't exactly worked out too well! i get very annoyed at all of these people who are so passionate about supporting them. imo, unless you are willing to join up or send your own family over there to fight for them, you should keep your fucking ideas to yourself. religious nutjobs have and will continue to kill each other based off of a bunch silly nonsense, best to just steer clear of the whole mess imo!

I have no dog in this fight either. Of course the UK would smoke Israel in a war, I never said Israel could handle any of the big dogs (U.S., Russia, UK, etc.) but there is NOT ONE country or organization in the Middle East that could bang heads with Israel and win. They don't need a Navy to sustain themselves, so why even bother with one?

Also as for weapons like olivant said they make the Merkava tank, they also make the LAR (160mm artillery rocket pod launchers), they make the 120mm tank gun for the Merkava's, they make Uzi's as well (not a big military weapon though), they also have their Delilah cruise missile, the Negev machine gun, Desert Eagles (not much good for military use though), the TAR-21 is a good bullpup weapon, they also make a laser guided missile, and of course their best weapon they still make is probably the Galil so yes they are somewhat self sustaining. They are also loaded with F-15 and F-16 fighter jets which are no joke either. So yea as I said they are no joke as a military force but in no way am I saying they could handle the big boys of the world.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull