GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
5 registered members (joepuzzles234, RushStreet, 3 invisible), 114 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,094
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,353
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,485
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,215
Posts1,056,173
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: This is my Philly Chart 2014 [Re: gencoliveoil] #785713
06/24/14 03:16 PM
06/24/14 03:16 PM
T
TommyGambino Offline
Underboss
TommyGambino  Offline
T
Underboss
If he's retired then that's fine, real mafiosi don't have instagram and facebook, Merlino isn't even a young guy neither so don't talk about this day and age, he came up in the 90's on the streets with no social media. Imagine a NY made guy having Instagram? They'd be a laughing stock, furthermore a supposed boss? lol

Last edited by TommyGambino; 06/24/14 03:17 PM.
Re: This is my Philly Chart 2014 [Re: Hamilton] #785731
06/24/14 04:29 PM
06/24/14 04:29 PM
Camden County NJ
jmack Offline
Made Member
jmack  Offline
Made Member
Camden County NJ
Originally Posted By: Hamilton
Originally Posted By: jmack
Originally Posted By: pmac
Seems like they got a lot of muscle. Most of the guys early 50tys so there must be a lot of young guys under them they don't got these ancient dinosaurs like around new england running book. But could you imagine if scarf Jr was boss guys seems real intelligent into the new scams. With all that musl
e he probably could have made moves seems like when he was capo of the jersey cr
ew I bet they were undermining him everywhich way. Like they were talking to the philly guys who tried to kill him.

I wouldn't doubt that. It's a double-edged sword after he got shot up there's news footage of ligambi walking him out of Hanahmen Hospital

I'm pretty sure ligambi was locked up when scarfo got shot. Scarfo was shot in 89. Ligambi was released on the franky flowers hit in 97 after doing ten years. I don't think he was there when jr was shot.

I've seen the footage before either in a philly doc. or it could of been in one GA's Video's

Not possible. He was in prison. I believe you're mistaken. It wouldn't make sense even if he was on the street anyway. He came up under chuckie. By that point chuckie was knocked down by scarfo. Joey was behind the move on jr. No way ligambi would have been there even if he was on the street.

Re: This is my Philly Chart 2014 [Re: gencoliveoil] #785847
06/25/14 05:36 AM
06/25/14 05:36 AM
Merica
NickyWhip Offline
Capo
NickyWhip  Offline
Capo
Merica
I agree with JMACK. Ligambi jailed in April/May 1989; Scarfo JR. Shot on Halloween 89.

I'm not sure it was Ligambi's loyalty to Chuckie that would have prevented him from being there though. I am certain that most of those guys still feared Scarfo Sr. in 1989. Ligambi was a points-picking spread guy who worked in the bar. Chuckie was on the wine. Scarfo; making it rain with dead bodies.

I love that documentary on youtube where Nick the Crow says how Scarfo was no-nonsense. If you went against him, DEAD.

As for gangsters with instagram, facebook, social media. Stupid. But, it feeds into their ego. Gotta stay relevant!

Boss of tha toilet!
Re: This is my Philly Chart 2014 [Re: gencoliveoil] #785871
06/25/14 07:50 AM
06/25/14 07:50 AM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

So that old guy Chang is getting out in less than 12 months so he could be at a halfway house or home. Merlin could just make him boss like be did natale but this guy probably gets a ton of respect. Crazy Phil said when chang found out tommy dell flipped be would grab him and jump out a window to kill them. Crazy Phil also said if Joe Merlin father services prison they have a parade in south philly for him. And chicky was made before him under Bruno. Wonder bow many guys are still alive made by Bruno maybe only him. Scarfo was made by the boss before Bruno. Fucking scarf is the most legendary mob guy alive IMO. Maybe persico.

Re: This is my Philly Chart 2014 [Re: gencoliveoil] #785872
06/25/14 07:51 AM
06/25/14 07:51 AM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

Fuck my phone auto corrects all.

Re: This is my Philly Chart 2014 [Re: pmac] #785883
06/25/14 09:16 AM
06/25/14 09:16 AM
Merica
NickyWhip Offline
Capo
NickyWhip  Offline
Capo
Merica
I don't think Chickie Chang is dumb enough to take that top spot. To quote Ricky Watters: For who? For what?

Did Phil actually say that South Philly would give Chuckie a parade? I know Phil's a punk to many for flipping, but he was a fucking gangster in his day. All those guys musta been like what the fuck??? once scarfo starting killing everyone. No wonder the Merlinos started drinking heavily and Phil started looking for a way out. Scarfo was a fucking madman. A definite LCN legendary GANSTER.

So that old guy Chang is getting out in less than 12 months so he could be at a halfway house or home. Merlin could just make him boss like be did natale but this guy probably gets a ton of respect. Crazy Phil said when chang found out tommy dell flipped be would grab him and jump out a window to kill them. Crazy Phil also said if Joe Merlin father services prison they have a parade in south philly for him. And chicky was made before him under Bruno. Wonder bow many guys are still alive made by Bruno maybe only him. Scarfo was made by the boss before Bruno. Fucking scarf is the most legendary mob guy alive IMO. Maybe persico.

Boss of tha toilet!
Re: This is my Philly Chart 2014 [Re: gencoliveoil] #785887
06/25/14 09:36 AM
06/25/14 09:36 AM
T
TommyGambino Offline
Underboss
TommyGambino  Offline
T
Underboss
I doubt very much Merlino can pick and choose a boss. And even if Chickie was boss (will never happen) why the fuck would he kick upto someone like merlino? he wouldn't send him a penny just like all the old scarfo guys, i'd be shocked even if Merlino's pal Mazzone is sending him an envolope.

Chickie will retire pmac.

Re: This is my Philly Chart 2014 [Re: gencoliveoil] #785889
06/25/14 09:43 AM
06/25/14 09:43 AM
ne philly
merlino Offline
jesus quintana
merlino  Offline
jesus quintana
Underboss
ne philly
Theres gonna be some ppl out on the streets in s philly but there isnt a ton of rackets for all the ppl out there maybe loansharking still and definitely slinging drugs but come september you can cross the river and legally place bets. Unions are watched pretty tightly now. They need to get in with Marvin Harrison in N and W philly who is running it all over there and cops cant ever touch him or link anything to him

Re: This is my Philly Chart 2014 [Re: gencoliveoil] #785893
06/25/14 09:58 AM
06/25/14 09:58 AM
Merica
NickyWhip Offline
Capo
NickyWhip  Offline
Capo
Merica
Marvin Harrison. Merlino definitely has his ear to the ground. That dude has dodged a few bullets; literally and figuratively.

These fucking scarfo-era guys probably could care less about any beef between skinny and whoever. The major players in that are dead or in jail, or 1,000 miles away. If they want it, what's gonna stop em from trying to take it.

Boss of tha toilet!
Re: This is my Philly Chart 2014 [Re: jmack] #785894
06/25/14 10:19 AM
06/25/14 10:19 AM
A treehouse w hamburgers
Hamilton Offline
Made Member
Hamilton  Offline
Made Member
A treehouse w hamburgers
@ Jmack there is footage of Ligambi and JR email GA its in one of his video's I'm pretty sure it's right after he got shot.

"Asking us questions...harass and arrest us ..saying we eat pieces of shiet like u for breakfast ...Huh ya'll eat pieces of shiet..? whats the basis we ain't going no where.. we got suits n cases.. trunk full of coke rental car from avis only now clemente can save us,, I told said solly I acted da fool I'll be gone till November I got bodies too move....
I put pebbles on my hood like Danny Greene here comes the crab n his queen yes barbara actin da fool mess with a pyscho u kno its time to move.

Re: This is my Philly Chart 2014 [Re: gencoliveoil] #785899
06/25/14 11:04 AM
06/25/14 11:04 AM
B
Blackjack2121 Offline
Underboss
Blackjack2121  Offline
B
Underboss
Some people in this thread must have missed the La Griglia tapes regarding Merlino....

Re: This is my Philly Chart 2014 [Re: NickyWhip] #785903
06/25/14 11:39 AM
06/25/14 11:39 AM
ne philly
merlino Offline
jesus quintana
merlino  Offline
jesus quintana
Underboss
ne philly
Originally Posted By: NickyWhip
Marvin Harrison. Merlino definitely has his ear to the ground. That dude has dodged a few bullets; literally and figuratively.

haha marvin harrison i think is real deal gangsta he gonna end up on dead on n broad..... driving around at 3am picking up some dude getting shot at is normal everyday life....hope these dudes in s philly are getting wiser like the europeans who are making billions w cyber crimes where real money is not small fish loansharking off degenerate gamblers

Re: This is my Philly Chart 2014 [Re: Blackjack2121] #785904
06/25/14 11:41 AM
06/25/14 11:41 AM
Boca Raton
NNY78 Offline
The Counselor
NNY78  Offline
The Counselor
Underboss
Boca Raton
Originally Posted By: Blackjack2121
Some people in this thread must have missed the La Griglia tapes regarding Merlino....

Taped mafia meeting sheds light on the Philadelphia crime family

Joe Ligambi, the reputed Philadelphia mob boss, spent a decade operating in the shadows.

Unlike his predecessor, the flamboyant Joseph "Skinny Joey" Merlino, Ligambi, 73, seldom spoke to the media, avoided public displays of bravado, and preferred to spend his nights at home rather than in bars and nightclubs.

But secretly recorded conversations from a mob meeting at a New Jersey restaurant two years ago offer a rare opportunity to listen in as Ligambi breaks bread in a gossip-filled gabfest with several other mobsters.

It's Ligambi, in his own words, discussing the murderous and the mundane as the wine flowed during a five-hour luncheon meeting at La Griglia, a restaurant in Kenilworth.

A federal judge ruled last week that most of those conversations can be used as evidence in the racketeering trial of Ligambi and seven others scheduled for October.

A federal prosecutor has likened the restaurant session to a meeting of the board of directors of organized crime, but Ligambi's mocking tone and critical asides were often more reminiscent of the banter in a high school locker room.

"That's the kind of nuts you're dealing with," he said during one story about an alleged mob murder plot, drawing laughter from those at the table.

At another point, he joked that a hapless 78-year-old North Jersey mobster was so poor "he's selling cakes out of the trunk of his car."

Again, the table burst into laughter.

But federal prosecutors may get the last laugh.

The conversations were recorded by cooperating witness Nicholas "Nicky Skins" Stefanelli in May 2010. Ligambi and several of his associates met that afternoon with high-ranking members of New York's Gambino crime family, authorities allege.

During the session, Stefanelli, a soldier in the Gambino organization, drew praise from Ligambi, who described him as "a good man."

Stefanelli, who committed suicide earlier this year, was wearing a body wire for the FBI at the time. According to authorities, the North Jersey mobster had begun cooperating in 2009 and over two years recorded dozens of conversations up and down the East Coast.

The Ligambi trial will be the first at which Stefanelli tapes will be introduced as evidence. The tapes include conversations from the mob confab at La Griglia and from another meeting at the American Bistro in Belleville.

Though Ligambi unwittingly had nice things to say about a mobster who was a government informant, he didn't hesitate to mock several other mob members and associates.

He told a story about Vincent "Beeps" Centorino, a down-on-his-luck member of the North Jersey faction of the Philadelphia mob who, Ligambi said, "was selling cakes out of the trunk of his car."

"I can't make three cents with him," added Joseph "Scoops" Licata, 71, a mob capo to whom the aging Centorino reported.

Licata, a codefendant in the pending case, drew more laughs when he said, "We'll run a benefit for him."

In that same conversation, Ligambi made an aside about Centorino's girlfriend, describing her as "the broken-down broad he was going out with in Florida," and complained about how Centorino had cornered him at a mob gathering in South Philadelphia.

"At the Christmas party we had, he was sitting next to me," Ligambi said. "He was giving me a ditty how broke he is."

In another discussion, Ligambi alluded to problems with Danny D'Ambrosia, a South Philadelphia bookmaker and reputed mob associate whose underworld allegiance has often been questioned.

Ligambi said that a few years earlier, D'Ambrosia's father had come to see him at his South Philadelphia home, claiming the FBI had told him the mob was going to kill his son.

"His father comes over to my house about three or four years ago," Ligambi said. "Said the FBI said you was going to kill my son. He was telling me this on the step. I said, 'What . . . are you talking about? Don't ever come around this house again. I don't know what you're talking about.' I mean that's, that's the kind of nuts you're dealing with."

Ligambi also joked about the murder of John "Johnny Gongs" Casasanto and made a passing reference to Fox 29 reporter Dave Schratwieser, although his exact words were too garbled to be understood, according to the transcript.

At the time, Schratwieser was doing in-depth reports on the Philadelphia mob and had focused several times on the unsolved Casasanto hit.

Whatever Ligambi said drew laughter and led Licata to add, "At least we finally got to get him."

Casasanto was killed in his home in South Philadelphia in November 2003.

Defense attorneys have challenged the government's transcription of many of the conversations, including that comment from Licata. They contend Licata was not talking about the Casasanto murder and had, in fact, said, "At least we finally got to get together," referring to the restaurant meeting.

Ligambi and Licata also made fun of an aging North Jersey mob figure who had been proposed for membership by Peter "Pete the Crumb" Caprio. Caprio later became a cooperating witness, and the North Jersey mobster's chances to be formally initiated died there.

Licata said he told the mob wannabe to "leave it alone."

But Ligambi said the mobster called his house.

"I said, 'How'd you find my phone number?' " Ligambi told the others at the table.

The mobster told Ligambi he got the number from Rita Merlino, Skinny Joey's mother.

"He said Rita gave it to me," Ligambi recalled as the others laughed. "It was Joey's mother. I told her, 'What're you giving this guy my number for? What the hell's the matter with you?' "

Merlino is mentioned several times by Ligambi and others during the restaurant meeting. At the time, the flamboyant mob leader was still in jail, finishing a 14-year sentence for a racketeering conviction. He was released the next summer.

"Joey sends word," Ligambi said.

Others at the table chimed in on a discussion about how and when Merlino, 50, would be released and where he would go.

Authorities now contend that based on these secretly recorded conversations, Merlino is still the boss of the Philadelphia mob, even though he has settled in Florida.

Ligambi, authorities say, is "acting boss."

How the mobsters at the table felt about Merlino is difficult to determine from the conversations.

Louis Fazzini, a Licata associate and codefendant in the pending case, referred to Merlino as "slippery," but it was impossible to determine whether that was meant as criticism or a compliment.

Anthony Staino, a top Ligambi associate who is also a codefendant, drew laughter when he talked about Merlino's pending release, but again it was impossible to determine whether he was mocking or praising Merlino.

"They're going to have a caravan wherever he's at," Staino said of the day Merlino was to leave jail. "He sneezes, there'll be five hands giving him a hanky."

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/201209...?page=2&c=y

Re: This is my Philly Chart 2014 [Re: NickyWhip] #785905
06/25/14 11:44 AM
06/25/14 11:44 AM
A treehouse w hamburgers
Hamilton Offline
Made Member
Hamilton  Offline
Made Member
A treehouse w hamburgers
Originally Posted By: NickyWhip
I don't think Chickie Chang is dumb enough to take that top spot. To quote Ricky Watters: For who? For what?

Did Phil actually say that South Philly would give Chuckie a parade? I know Phil's a punk to many for flipping, but he was a fucking gangster in his day. All those guys musta been like what the fuck??? once scarfo starting killing everyone. No wonder the Merlinos started drinking heavily and Phil started looking for a way out. Scarfo was a fucking madman. A definite LCN legendary GANSTER.

I don't think he's legendary he brought a viable mafia family to their knee's because of his own insecurities.

"Asking us questions...harass and arrest us ..saying we eat pieces of shiet like u for breakfast ...Huh ya'll eat pieces of shiet..? whats the basis we ain't going no where.. we got suits n cases.. trunk full of coke rental car from avis only now clemente can save us,, I told said solly I acted da fool I'll be gone till November I got bodies too move....
I put pebbles on my hood like Danny Greene here comes the crab n his queen yes barbara actin da fool mess with a pyscho u kno its time to move.

Re: This is my Philly Chart 2014 [Re: Hamilton] #785906
06/25/14 11:50 AM
06/25/14 11:50 AM
cheech Offline
Underboss
cheech  Offline
Underboss
@ Jmack there is footage of Ligambi and JR email GA its in one of his video's I'm pretty sure it's right after he got shot.

not possible homie

When Interpol?
Re: This is my Philly Chart 2014 [Re: NNY78] #785914
06/25/14 12:15 PM
06/25/14 12:15 PM
B
Blackjack2121 Offline
Underboss
Blackjack2121  Offline
B
Underboss
Originally Posted By: NNY78

Taped mafia meeting sheds light on the Philadelphia crime family

Joe Ligambi, the reputed Philadelphia mob boss, spent a decade operating in the shadows.

Unlike his predecessor, the flamboyant Joseph "Skinny Joey" Merlino, Ligambi, 73, seldom spoke to the media, avoided public displays of bravado, and preferred to spend his nights at home rather than in bars and nightclubs.

But secretly recorded conversations from a mob meeting at a New Jersey restaurant two years ago offer a rare opportunity to listen in as Ligambi breaks bread in a gossip-filled gabfest with several other mobsters.

It's Ligambi, in his own words, discussing the murderous and the mundane as the wine flowed during a five-hour luncheon meeting at La Griglia, a restaurant in Kenilworth.

A federal judge ruled last week that most of those conversations can be used as evidence in the racketeering trial of Ligambi and seven others scheduled for October.

A federal prosecutor has likened the restaurant session to a meeting of the board of directors of organized crime, but Ligambi's mocking tone and critical asides were often more reminiscent of the banter in a high school locker room.

"That's the kind of nuts you're dealing with," he said during one story about an alleged mob murder plot, drawing laughter from those at the table.

At another point, he joked that a hapless 78-year-old North Jersey mobster was so poor "he's selling cakes out of the trunk of his car."

Again, the table burst into laughter.

But federal prosecutors may get the last laugh.

The conversations were recorded by cooperating witness Nicholas "Nicky Skins" Stefanelli in May 2010. Ligambi and several of his associates met that afternoon with high-ranking members of New York's Gambino crime family, authorities allege.

During the session, Stefanelli, a soldier in the Gambino organization, drew praise from Ligambi, who described him as "a good man."

Stefanelli, who committed suicide earlier this year, was wearing a body wire for the FBI at the time. According to authorities, the North Jersey mobster had begun cooperating in 2009 and over two years recorded dozens of conversations up and down the East Coast.

The Ligambi trial will be the first at which Stefanelli tapes will be introduced as evidence. The tapes include conversations from the mob confab at La Griglia and from another meeting at the American Bistro in Belleville.

Though Ligambi unwittingly had nice things to say about a mobster who was a government informant, he didn't hesitate to mock several other mob members and associates.

He told a story about Vincent "Beeps" Centorino, a down-on-his-luck member of the North Jersey faction of the Philadelphia mob who, Ligambi said, "was selling cakes out of the trunk of his car."

"I can't make three cents with him," added Joseph "Scoops" Licata, 71, a mob capo to whom the aging Centorino reported.

Licata, a codefendant in the pending case, drew more laughs when he said, "We'll run a benefit for him."

In that same conversation, Ligambi made an aside about Centorino's girlfriend, describing her as "the broken-down broad he was going out with in Florida," and complained about how Centorino had cornered him at a mob gathering in South Philadelphia.

"At the Christmas party we had, he was sitting next to me," Ligambi said. "He was giving me a ditty how broke he is."

In another discussion, Ligambi alluded to problems with Danny D'Ambrosia, a South Philadelphia bookmaker and reputed mob associate whose underworld allegiance has often been questioned.

Ligambi said that a few years earlier, D'Ambrosia's father had come to see him at his South Philadelphia home, claiming the FBI had told him the mob was going to kill his son.

"His father comes over to my house about three or four years ago," Ligambi said. "Said the FBI said you was going to kill my son. He was telling me this on the step. I said, 'What . . . are you talking about? Don't ever come around this house again. I don't know what you're talking about.' I mean that's, that's the kind of nuts you're dealing with."

Ligambi also joked about the murder of John "Johnny Gongs" Casasanto and made a passing reference to Fox 29 reporter Dave Schratwieser, although his exact words were too garbled to be understood, according to the transcript.

At the time, Schratwieser was doing in-depth reports on the Philadelphia mob and had focused several times on the unsolved Casasanto hit.

Whatever Ligambi said drew laughter and led Licata to add, "At least we finally got to get him."

Casasanto was killed in his home in South Philadelphia in November 2003.

Defense attorneys have challenged the government's transcription of many of the conversations, including that comment from Licata. They contend Licata was not talking about the Casasanto murder and had, in fact, said, "At least we finally got to get together," referring to the restaurant meeting.

Ligambi and Licata also made fun of an aging North Jersey mob figure who had been proposed for membership by Peter "Pete the Crumb" Caprio. Caprio later became a cooperating witness, and the North Jersey mobster's chances to be formally initiated died there.

Licata said he told the mob wannabe to "leave it alone."

But Ligambi said the mobster called his house.

"I said, 'How'd you find my phone number?' " Ligambi told the others at the table.

The mobster told Ligambi he got the number from Rita Merlino, Skinny Joey's mother.

"He said Rita gave it to me," Ligambi recalled as the others laughed. "It was Joey's mother. I told her, 'What're you giving this guy my number for? What the hell's the matter with you?' "

Merlino is mentioned several times by Ligambi and others during the restaurant meeting. At the time, the flamboyant mob leader was still in jail, finishing a 14-year sentence for a racketeering conviction. He was released the next summer.

"Joey sends word," Ligambi said.

Others at the table chimed in on a discussion about how and when Merlino, 50, would be released and where he would go.

Authorities now contend that based on these secretly recorded conversations, Merlino is still the boss of the Philadelphia mob, even though he has settled in Florida.

Ligambi, authorities say, is "acting boss."

How the mobsters at the table felt about Merlino is difficult to determine from the conversations.

Louis Fazzini, a Licata associate and codefendant in the pending case, referred to Merlino as "slippery," but it was impossible to determine whether that was meant as criticism or a compliment.

Anthony Staino, a top Ligambi associate who is also a codefendant, drew laughter when he talked about Merlino's pending release, but again it was impossible to determine whether he was mocking or praising Merlino.

"They're going to have a caravan wherever he's at," Staino said of the day Merlino was to leave jail. "He sneezes, there'll be five hands giving him a hanky."

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/201209...?page=2&c=y

this is part of it...

but i am thinking of the one where they mention making a couple of guys...

and Ligambi or someone says that he is gonna wait until Joey comes home and let him do it...

Re: This is my Philly Chart 2014 [Re: gencoliveoil] #785917
06/25/14 12:31 PM
06/25/14 12:31 PM
P
paprincess Offline
Capo
paprincess  Offline
P
Capo
After 9/11 the whole "Organized Crime" and low key life came to a halt or at least on the backburner. No one cares about a few Italians hanging out and beating each other up when there are bigger psychopaths in other countries who are trying to get rid of everybody. Social Media and the Security Industry really took off after that and made the few smart investors billions of dollars. I bet even the top paid federal agents focus more on other criminal organizations. As far as making money, real money, then a wise investor would invest in land and property. fast money is always spent even quicker.

Re: This is my Philly Chart 2014 [Re: Blackjack2121] #785918
06/25/14 12:35 PM
06/25/14 12:35 PM
Boca Raton
NNY78 Offline
The Counselor
NNY78  Offline
The Counselor
Underboss
Boca Raton
Blackjack,

It's been reported that on one of the tapes Ligambi says they will wait for Merlino to decide who gets made. Say what you will about Joey running the Philly Mob, he was smart enough not to incriminate himself on tape like these other guys did with Steffanelli.

Re: This is my Philly Chart 2014 [Re: gencoliveoil] #785922
06/25/14 01:00 PM
06/25/14 01:00 PM
W
Wilson101 Offline
Underboss
Wilson101  Offline
W
Underboss
Man why is it still such a.debate.about Merlino? Guess no one will believe it until the next case. I mean on one hand you got the administration on tape saying Ligambi is acting and then on the other hand you got the feds saying Merlino is still boss. As far as Mazzone maybe or maybe not kicking up something, that is a joke too because they are tighter then the pants these kids wear nowadays. Mazzone does not exist without him. I'm all for a fun discussion but some people on here take their crazy assumed theories and run with em.

Last edited by VegasMikey; 06/25/14 01:01 PM.
Re: This is my Philly Chart 2014 [Re: gencoliveoil] #785924
06/25/14 01:13 PM
06/25/14 01:13 PM
T
TommyGambino Offline
Underboss
TommyGambino  Offline
T
Underboss
That was 4 years ago. He may have stepped down when he was released.

Last edited by TommyGambino; 06/25/14 01:13 PM.
Re: This is my Philly Chart 2014 [Re: gencoliveoil] #785925
06/25/14 01:28 PM
06/25/14 01:28 PM
W
Wilson101 Offline
Underboss
Wilson101  Offline
W
Underboss
Yea he just did all that time without relinquishing the belt but he comes home and hangs it up? Very doubtful. Also doubtful that it's a coincidence Steve Mazzone is running things

Re: This is my Philly Chart 2014 [Re: Wilson101] #785926
06/25/14 01:31 PM
06/25/14 01:31 PM
B
Blackjack2121 Offline
Underboss
Blackjack2121  Offline
B
Underboss
Originally Posted By: VegasMikey
Yea he just did all that time without relinquishing the belt but he comes home and hangs it up? Very doubtful. Also doubtful that it's a coincidence Steve Mazzone is running things

lol exactly

Merlino is sharper than people give him credit for

Re: This is my Philly Chart 2014 [Re: NNY78] #785927
06/25/14 01:33 PM
06/25/14 01:33 PM
B
Blackjack2121 Offline
Underboss
Blackjack2121  Offline
B
Underboss
Originally Posted By: NNY78
Blackjack,

It's been reported that on one of the tapes Ligambi says they will wait for Merlino to decide who gets made. Say what you will about Joey running the Philly Mob, he was smart enough not to incriminate himself on tape like these other guys did with Steffanelli.

Oh, George or someone that heard more of it reported it, but didn't have the quote from it"

I thought there was a quote in an article about it but I could be wrong.

Either way it was supposed to be on that tape.

and yeah, Big Fat Ron tried real hard to get Merlino on tape, couldnt do it.

Stefanelli went to Florida to try to nail him too.

No dice.

Re: This is my Philly Chart 2014 [Re: Blackjack2121] #785928
06/25/14 01:35 PM
06/25/14 01:35 PM
W
Wilson101 Offline
Underboss
Wilson101  Offline
W
Underboss

lol exactly

I used to think he was retarded but I gotta agree with you now, he has come a long way.

Last edited by VegasMikey; 06/25/14 01:38 PM.
Re: This is my Philly Chart 2014 [Re: cheech] #785931
06/25/14 02:00 PM
06/25/14 02:00 PM
A treehouse w hamburgers
Hamilton Offline
Made Member
Hamilton  Offline
Made Member
A treehouse w hamburgers
Originally Posted By: cheech

not possible homie

Well there is footage of the two around Hanehman maybe it was for something else like when the brother tried to kill himself

Re: This is my Philly Chart 2014 [Re: Hamilton] #785932
06/25/14 02:09 PM
06/25/14 02:09 PM
Camden County NJ
jmack Offline
Made Member
jmack  Offline
Made Member
Camden County NJ
Originally Posted By: cheech

not possible homie

Well there is footage of the two around Hanehman maybe it was for something else like when the brother tried to kill himself

May be what it was. Mark was flown to hanehman from AC.

Re: This is my Philly Chart 2014 [Re: Wilson101] #785934
06/25/14 02:19 PM
06/25/14 02:19 PM
T
TommyGambino Offline
Underboss
TommyGambino  Offline
T
Underboss

Maybe, he might be enjoying his time in Florida. Mazzone would be next in line after Ligambi went to jail anyway, he's one of the only capable guys they've got.

Re: This is my Philly Chart 2014 [Re: Blackjack2121] #785938
06/25/14 03:56 PM
06/25/14 03:56 PM
D
dave213 Offline
Button
dave213  Offline
D
Button

lol exactly

Here's the only audio of Merlino I've heard. He doesn't come across as an idiot to me, at least not here: http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2013/08...on-wip-in-1996/

Last edited by dave213; 06/25/14 03:58 PM.
Re: This is my Philly Chart 2014 [Re: gencoliveoil] #785947
06/25/14 06:01 PM
06/25/14 06:01 PM
P
paprincess Offline
Capo
paprincess  Offline
P
Capo
Not retarded... was maybe just a little too LAZY to go to school... in that situation your just stuck learning the same sh*t later on in this country, or you get REALLY good at getting other people to do your homework for you ha ha

Re: This is my Philly Chart 2014 [Re: gencoliveoil] #785964
06/25/14 09:24 PM
06/25/14 09:24 PM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
Personally I think Merlino still boss is bulls*t.

People in the trenches facing trials, feds and stools are happy to send Joey an envelope whilst he's tanning it up in Florida?

Defering to his call?

NY recognizes him (after all the street war shit he pulled in the 90's?). He's wearing the title?

Maybe, but I dont see it.

More Likely he's the Mancuso of Philly IMO. Lightning rod to keep Joe-Fed occupied. Hollow title if any.

But who the F**k knows...

MORGAN: Why didn't you fight him at the park if you wanted to? I'm not goin' now, I'm eatin' my snack.
CHUCKIE: Morgan, Let's go.
MORGAN: I'm serious Chuckie, I ain't goin'.
WILL: So don't go.
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull