GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Toodoped), 131 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,415
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,815
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,505
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,300
Posts1,058,175
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12
Re: Nicodemo Trial [Re: Dellacroce] #777776
05/14/14 07:35 PM
05/14/14 07:35 PM
22 Offline
Underboss
22  Offline
Underboss
Yeah I hear you guys that if they [he] beats these charges they are going to have that feeling of invincibility.Broad daylight,nobody is talking,I guess it would be listed as ''Taking Care of Business''

Re: Nicodemo Trial [Re: bobbyvegas] #777781
05/14/14 08:47 PM
05/14/14 08:47 PM
philly
SonnyL Offline
Made Member
SonnyL  Offline
Made Member
philly
Originally Posted By: bobbyvegas
Originally Posted By: ThatsLife215
Who said it was unsanctioned? Remember the acting boss was on trial not the boss.

This was obviously an unsanctioned hit. No way in hell ligambi okayed it on trial. And if your implying merlino is boss, no way in hell he put a hit on dipetro to make it look like ligambi did it, or any other reason. I think nicodemo was furious that dipetro was talking about him on the other murder. I also think he beats the case, cause no witness can put him as the shooter and his dna wasnt on the gun

I don't know what the motive was but it's a little coincidental that the first time Merlino is in town in 12 years for his father Chuckies funeral and a month later nicodemo who was at the funeral with Joe and Stevie and Johnny Chang, whacks a guy that sounds like a sanctioned hit to me

Last edited by SonnyL; 05/14/14 08:48 PM.
Re: Nicodemo Trial [Re: SonnyL] #777784
05/14/14 09:55 PM
05/14/14 09:55 PM
C
cornuto_e_contento Offline
Capo
cornuto_e_contento  Offline
C
Capo
Originally Posted By: SonnyL
Originally Posted By: ThatsLife215
Who said it was unsanctioned? Remember the acting boss was on trial not the boss.

This was obviously an unsanctioned hit. No way in hell ligambi okayed it on trial. And if your implying merlino is boss, no way in hell he put a hit on dipetro to make it look like ligambi did it, or any other reason. I think nicodemo was furious that dipetro was talking about him on the other murder. I also think he beats the case, cause no witness can put him as the shooter and his dna wasnt on the gun

I don't know what the motive was but it's a little coincidental that the first time Merlino is in town in 12 years for his father Chuckies funeral and a month later nicodemo who was at the funeral with Joe and Stevie and Johnny Chang, whacks a guy that sounds like a sanctioned hit to me

Merlino el ratoncito is not el jefe at all. lol

Re: Nicodemo Trial [Re: Dellacroce] #777787
05/14/14 10:36 PM
05/14/14 10:36 PM
philly
SonnyL Offline
Made Member
SonnyL  Offline
Made Member
philly
I don't speak Spanish but I'm assuming your saying Merlino ain't boss and hey you could be right but it's his guys running things so boss or not he still had a lot of influence but me personally I believe he is still the boss while his guys run the day to day shit

Re: Nicodemo Trial [Re: Dellacroce] #777802
05/15/14 01:20 AM
05/15/14 01:20 AM
U
USICILIANU Offline
Button
USICILIANU  Offline
U
Button
That's what a pretty stupid move. These day and age with all the technology and surveillance tools you would think these guys would learn that hits had to be carry on with extreme caution.

Re: Nicodemo Trial [Re: Dellacroce] #777829
05/15/14 06:35 AM
05/15/14 06:35 AM
M
moneyman Offline
Made Member
moneyman  Offline
M
Made Member
If Casey Anthony and OJ got off then there is always a chance..

Re: Nicodemo Trial [Re: 22] #777832
05/15/14 06:45 AM
05/15/14 06:45 AM
spmob Offline
Underboss
spmob  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: 22
spmob I brought that up earlier about him ratting.That's where lately it seems like the juries have become disguisted with this style.Like I said I would venture to say that Nicodemo would be way more reputable than guys like Aponte and Monacello.Even so that's when Ligambi's lawyer jumps in to action and will shoot down every theory and will paint a picture of someone [Nicodemo] trying to save himself.I agree that this is the most absurd defense I have ever seen but the government had such a hard-on for Ligambi and Borgesi and even Mousie that the juries just may say ''let him walk''.

Hey 22, how ya been? I agree that juries have become disgusted with guys like Aponte. But Nicodemo has been around for a while and has the goods on basically everyone (Except Scarfo guys I assume). The government has a hard on for Merlino and after they wasted all that money on Ligambi I think they would love to get a 2 for 1. Hes the key to solving a bunch of murders among other things. This isn't the same crime family that it was 30 years ago where guys like Punge and Joe Grande, whose families where in it before them, thought there was something to not ratting. Thought there might be something to come home to. But Nicodemo has a nice young family and he could literally take down the Philly family...for the most part. I think the Government would be more than willing to work with him, even after convicted. I don't know Nicodemo but I know people who know him and My pop knows his Uncle. Hes not as Dumb as this case makes him look. Maybe he just has no other story to tell. Maybe we should blame his lawyer for telling such a dumb ass story. Or maybe he was just giving it one shot cause he doesn't really want to rat and knows he may just have to if he gets found guilty. I don't know what is going to happen but I still think he rats if found guilty. There is nothing to come back to with this Philly Mob Family. Who is gonna care if he rats? There are guys who ratted on other guys walking around the city right now. Not Mob guys but street guys. Thats just my thought....HIm and his family go away and never come back if found guilty. And I am not saying I approve of ratting but you never know what you are going to do until you are in that situation. So the guyss looking in calling him a Pu$$y and other stuff have probably never been in county for 24 hours.

Re: Nicodemo Trial [Re: spmob] #777834
05/15/14 06:46 AM
05/15/14 06:46 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: moneyman

Anything is possible. But just as a casual observer, it's not looking too good for him.

The evidence seems circumstantial, but that's the most overused and misunderstood word in the legal dictionary. Because the truth is, people get convicted on circumstantial evidence every day.

Last night I posted that he has a 50/50 chance. But after reading a bit more about the case, I'd say it's more like 70/30 against him.

Juries are unpredictable, though. Time will tell. And we'll know soon enough because this isn't one of those super long mob trials. It's more like a garden variety homicide trial. It'll be over very quickly.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Nicodemo Trial [Re: Dellacroce] #777838
05/15/14 06:51 AM
05/15/14 06:51 AM
ne philly
merlino Offline
jesus quintana
merlino  Offline
jesus quintana
Underboss
ne philly
Anyone know if the jury is sequestered for this case of not?

Re: Nicodemo Trial [Re: merlino] #777844
05/15/14 07:17 AM
05/15/14 07:17 AM
Fleming_Ave Offline
Underboss
Fleming_Ave  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: merlino

I hope they are. So there's none of this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3c2k2VHLTTk whistle

Re: Nicodemo Trial [Re: Dellacroce] #777853
05/15/14 07:50 AM
05/15/14 07:50 AM
ne philly
merlino Offline
jesus quintana
merlino  Offline
jesus quintana
Underboss
ne philly
The way it is philly in certain neighborhoods with regards to the police force some of this stuff may fly from teh defense, I am sure teh jury is aware of teh 4 philly narcotics cops who just got off for tainting evidence, so I am sure the makeup of the jury and their views on Philly cops is going to weigh heavily on the outcome as well

Re: Nicodemo Trial [Re: Fleming_Ave] #777854
05/15/14 07:51 AM
05/15/14 07:51 AM
ne philly
merlino Offline
jesus quintana
merlino  Offline
jesus quintana
Underboss
ne philly
Originally Posted By: Fleming_Ave

I hope they are. So there's none of this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3c2k2VHLTTk whistle

great comparison and could see that going on

Re: Nicodemo Trial [Re: Dellacroce] #777944
05/15/14 11:30 AM
05/15/14 11:30 AM
22 Offline
Underboss
22  Offline
Underboss
Hey spmob that was well put,I'm hanging in there,thanks for asking.I agree with you that if it ever got to the point where Nicodemo had to talk that he has a pretty good reputation as a stand-up guy and somebody in the know.Would seem very believeable.But like I said Ligambi's lawyer is tough and I do think that would be a pretty good match if it got that far.

Re: Nicodemo Trial [Re: Dellacroce] #777951
05/15/14 11:56 AM
05/15/14 11:56 AM
22 Offline
Underboss
22  Offline
Underboss
Pizzaboy like you said that it will be over quickly,in those RICO cases that took forever,and the jury deliberation was even longer.Some of those guys were facing like 5-10 years tops.This will be over like you said real fast but yet people's lives are at stake.Also great point about circumstanctial evidence,naturally nobody was there to see him pull the trigger.If that's the case you might as well let everyone in prison charged with murder out.I mean don't they say you need a body,the murder weapon,and a motive.A guy with mob ties[DiPietro] gets whacked in a neighborhood and it just so happens the other guy[Nicodemo] alsoo has mob ties and the murder weapon ends up in his possession.What else can you think.That doesn't sound like a coincidence

Re: Nicodemo Trial [Re: 22] #777954
05/15/14 12:04 PM
05/15/14 12:04 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: 22
Pizzaboy like you said that it will be over quickly,in those RICO cases that took forever,and the jury deliberation was even longer.Some of those guys were facing like 5-10 years tops.This will be over like you said real fast but yet people's lives are at stake.Also great point about circumstanctial evidence,naturally nobody was there to see him pull the trigger.If that's the case you might as well let everyone in prison charged with murder out.I mean don't they say you need a body,the murder weapon,and a motive.A guy with mob ties[DiPietro] gets whacked in a neighborhood and it just so happens the other guy[Nicodemo] alsoo has mob ties and the murder weapon ends up in his possession.What else can you think.That doesn't sound like a coincidence

All valid points, 22 smile .

Like I said, people get convicted based on circumstantial evidence every day. Sometimes on less.

No great debate. We'll get a verdict in a few days. Time will tell.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Nicodemo Trial [Re: Dellacroce] #777956
05/15/14 12:07 PM
05/15/14 12:07 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

Is Nicky Scarfo in the Law and Order opening titles?

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: Nicodemo Trial [Re: Dellacroce] #778052
05/15/14 04:33 PM
05/15/14 04:33 PM
New Jersey
Dellacroce Offline OP
Underboss
Dellacroce  Offline OP
Underboss
New Jersey
Jury shown video evidence in DiPietro murder trial

Joseph A. Slobodzian, Inquirer Staff Writer

The Dec. 12, 2012, slaying of Gino DiPietro was seen by no one but the masked gunman who emptied a .357 Magnum revolver into DiPietro on narrow Iseminger Street in South Philadelphia.

On Thursday, however, a Philadelphia jury hearing the trial of alleged killer Anthony Nicodemo got a tantalizingly close look via multiple security cameras showing the hours up to the killing and the minutes after.

"Boom!" echoes the first shot, at 2:53 p.m., on the audio from a video camera at a house around the corner in the 1200 block of Johnston Street. A mail carrier working in the rear of his van stands erect, turns, and heads toward the shot, his van still open.

There's a second or two of quiet and then: "Boom, boom, boom, boom, boom."

Passersby stop and then run to where DiPietro, 50, lay dying.

A camera in the rear of the same Johnston Street house catches a figure in black - masked and gloved - run down an alley toward nearby Camac Street.

As startling as the loud shots were to hear - they drove DiPietro's mother from the courtroom weeping - Assistant District Attorney Brian Zarallo spent much more time on video from before and after the killing.

Zarallo alleges that those video cuts show Nicodemo's 2011 black Honda Pilot pass the Johnston Street house six times before the shooting.

Narrated by Homicide Detective Thorsten Lucke, the video shows a man who appears to be Nicodemo get into the SUV behind his house in the 3200 block of South 17th Street. The Pilot pulls away at 12:17 p.m.

At 12:28 p.m., a black Honda Pilot cruises by the Johnston Street camera. The drive-by is repeated five more times before a last pass at 1:16 p.m., 97 minutes before the killing.

On the first day of testimony, Wednesday, a pedestrian on Camac Street testified that he saw a masked figure in black exit an alleyway and jump into a black Honda Pilot moments after the shots. That man noted the license plate - HTK1942 - and told police at the scene.

Police identified the plate as Nicodemo's and got to his house within 10 minutes of the shooting. Nicodemo, sweating profusely, was arrested. Police found a revolver wrapped in a jacket behind the driver's seat and tests showed it was the firearm that killed DiPietro.

Defense attorney Brian J. McMonagle has argued the gun was planted in the SUV by a masked gunman who jumped in Nicodemo's car, dropped the weapon and fled.

Questioned by McMonagle, Detective Lucke acknowledged that no video shows the license plate of the cruising black SUV, and that there was no evidence that proves the same vehicle drove by six times.

Among the spectators Thursday was Assistant U.S. Attorney John S. Han, a prosecutor on the federal racketeering trial of reputed Philadelphia mob boss Joseph "Uncle Joe" Ligambi. Ligambi's second trial ended in a hung jury in January and he will not retried.

Authorities have alleged that Nicodemo is a mob soldier and that DiPietro's killing happened during Ligambi's first trial.

Common Pleas Court Judge Jeffrey P. Minehart, however, has ruled that organized crime may not be mentioned in Nicodemo's trial without evidence that the killing was mob-related.

Zarallo and McMonagle could not comment because of a gag order.

Han, who consulted with Zarallo several times on Thursday, said he was only "watching the trial."

Because of a scheduling conflict, testimony will not resume until Monday.

Read more at-
http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20140516_Jury_shown_video_evidence_in_DiPietro_murder_trial.html

"Let me tell you something. There's no nobility in poverty. I've been a poor man, and I've been a rich man. And I choose rich every fucking time."

-Jordan Belfort
Re: Nicodemo Trial [Re: Dellacroce] #778056
05/15/14 04:49 PM
05/15/14 04:49 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
This is why you can't discount so-called circumstantial evidence. I don't drive by my own house six times a day lol .

But there's no license plate in the video, blah blah blah. But it could be six different SUVs, blah blah blah.

I have no interest in this, and I don't give a shit what happens. But this guy is toast.

Re: Nicodemo Trial [Re: Dellacroce] #778058
05/15/14 05:07 PM
05/15/14 05:07 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

I recognized that USDA name han he was the guy who lost 2 of 3 Jr gotti trials than got called on the stand. glottis lawyer asked him who sonny fransese was and he couldn't recall and jrs lawyer pounced on him cause in prior trials he name sonny green lighting a hit on gotti. guess he got sent out the big city.
nicodemo gonna flip I'm bout 80 percent after the guilty verdict. probably got some were deal made already. horse n poney show. probably spilled the beans all ready. but it will take one more soldier from philly to cooberate all the shit. where's are poster who was a brother of a guy. he gonna be guilty cause of joint venture laws. or maybe he takes life and laugh at the judge. never know. just my guess.

Re: Nicodemo Trial [Re: Dellacroce] #778059
05/15/14 05:09 PM
W
Wilson101 Offline
Underboss
Wilson101  Offline
W
Underboss
Nicodemo guilty but I doubt he flips

Re: Nicodemo Trial [Re: pmac] #778060
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
^^^^
Good post, pmac smile.

Re: Nicodemo Trial [Re: pizzaboy] #778072
05/15/14 06:03 PM
05/15/14 06:03 PM
Fleming_Ave Offline
Underboss
Fleming_Ave  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
I don't drive by my own house six times a day

I used to cruise around like that when I first got my driver's license at 17. Just to let the neighborhood girls know I had a car and a license. It worked with some of them, anyway. lol

Last edited by Fleming_Ave; 05/15/14 06:05 PM.
Re: Nicodemo Trial [Re: Fleming_Ave] #778075
05/15/14 06:11 PM
05/15/14 06:11 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
I used to cruise around like that when I first got my driver's license at 17. Just to let the neighborhood girls know I had a car and a license. It worked with some of them, anyway. lol

Different story lol.

Re: Nicodemo Trial [Re: pizzaboy] #778077
05/15/14 06:16 PM
05/15/14 06:16 PM
>>>OVA THERE
njcapo35 Offline
BANNED
njcapo35  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
>>>OVA THERE
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
T But this guy is toast.
Is he toast or doing the toasting is the question?

"Jersey...It's where my story begins."
Re: Nicodemo Trial [Re: moneyman] #778082
05/15/14 06:25 PM
05/15/14 06:25 PM
C
cookcounty Offline
Underboss
cookcounty  Offline
C
Underboss
Originally Posted By: moneyman

u can add george zimmerman to that list

casey anthony is probably the worse of those three

but to stay on topic, the nicodemo cat is going to prison or witsec

he'd be a total asshole if he rats because he killed somebody in broad daylight

Last edited by cookcounty; 05/15/14 06:27 PM.
Re: Nicodemo Trial [Re: Dellacroce] #778084
05/15/14 06:32 PM
05/15/14 06:32 PM
22 Offline
Underboss
22  Offline
Underboss
A couple of things to me that have stood out in this trial are when this first happened and they said there was a couple of witness's[the mailman and somebody else],I said when they find out who these guys are they will never go through with this.Like in the movies the cops will say what did you see and the witness changes his tune and says ''nothing''.Seems like that fear is no longer there almost the same way when everybody talks about why doesn't the mob go after ''rats'' anymore,its like a lot of them live right out in the open.The other thing is there are so many camera's out there today that you can track somebody's movements without physically being there.You may think you have the perfect plan but you don't account for houses and almost every business having video survailance.Traffic lights,their everywhere so it makes it tougher for the guys committing the crimes.

Re: Nicodemo Trial [Re: Dellacroce] #778089
05/15/14 06:44 PM
05/15/14 06:44 PM
C
cookcounty Offline
Underboss
cookcounty  Offline
C
Underboss
^^^^^

don't need video survailance when u shoot somebody around the corner from your house

especially a known mafia member driving his wife's car in broad daylight

he's lucky that he's still alive

Re: Nicodemo Trial [Re: Dellacroce] #778092
05/15/14 06:57 PM
05/15/14 06:57 PM
W
Wilson101 Offline
Underboss
Wilson101  Offline
W
Underboss
Casey anthony and OJ were up against less then him tho...

Re: Nicodemo Trial [Re: bobbyvegas] #778146
05/16/14 12:35 AM
05/16/14 12:35 AM
Ted Offline
Underboss
Ted  Offline
Underboss
[quote=ThatsLife215]I also think he beats the case, cause no witness can put him as the shooter and his dna wasnt on the gun

Neither matters if the prosecution can convince the jury he was the getaway driver.

"I die outside; I die in jail. It don't matter to me," -John Franzese
Re: Nicodemo Trial [Re: Dellacroce] #778150
05/16/14 03:20 AM
05/16/14 03:20 AM
ne philly
merlino Offline
jesus quintana
merlino  Offline
jesus quintana
Underboss
ne philly
Interesting the federal prosecutor, Han, is looking in and talking with the state attorney, Han looks like he is going to make a huge name for himslef in the next few months to a year and with a niccodemo conviction get him to flip and then convict Ligambi to Merlino and everyone in between on federal murder charges and turn the lights out on Philly for good

Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull