GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 80 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,094
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,352
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,485
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,213
Posts1,056,149
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: John Pappa ( Colombo) [Re: Belmont] #787090
07/03/14 10:34 PM
07/03/14 10:34 PM
Not Arizona
Marbala Offline
Button
Marbala  Offline
Button
Not Arizona
Joe miccio was a kid from south bklyn. Good kid just mis guided he was killed by Joey caves from Tommy shots crew.

"He who never was can never be, He who was has always been and will always be." Sun Tzu

You can read about it, watch movies and TV documentaries, but chances are unless you lived it you will not truly understand.
Re: John Pappa ( Colombo) [Re: Belmont] #787091
07/03/14 10:36 PM
07/03/14 10:36 PM
Not Arizona
Marbala Offline
Button
Marbala  Offline
Button
Not Arizona
They both had some mutual friends in staten island and until John met Joe, John was a good kid too. Once John got involved with guys from bklyn everything changed

"He who never was can never be, He who was has always been and will always be." Sun Tzu

You can read about it, watch movies and TV documentaries, but chances are unless you lived it you will not truly understand.
Re: John Pappa ( Colombo) [Re: furio_from_naples] #808346
10/14/14 12:22 PM
10/14/14 12:22 PM
T
Torrie1 Offline
Button
Torrie1  Offline
T
Button
Originally Posted By: furio_from_naples
http://gangstersinc.ning.com/profiles/blogs/colombo-associate-john-pappa

Colombo Associate: John Pappa
Posted by Gangsters Inc. on November 3, 2010 at 12:37pm

http://api.ning.com/files/Mi2qMrYc154KXJhxRhCqLHSeXia-2kVb5*LkBOImfZTDaP0jbov-AmblpQFJlazfRITNwDV82PrfbuBe1xrcGprmI3xnEBet/jpappaingangstersinc.jpg

By David Amoruso
Posted in 2001
Copyright © www.gangstersinc.nl

Most of you probably never heard of John Pappa and probably for good reasons. Pappa wasn't a made member, he didn't belong to a big mafia family and his criminal career didn't even last that long. Still, I think that the story of this very young Colombo crime family associate will interest you. In some ways he's sort of a failed Christopher Moltisante (from The Sopranos), and if it wasn't for him the Colombo family war probably would have had a very different ending.

John Pappa was born on July 19, 1974. You could say John Pappa grew up with the Mafia, his father, Gerard Pappa, was a feared Genovese Family soldier who was known to kill for fun and profit untill he himself was whacked for breaking mob rules. John Pappa was 5 years old when his father was murdered has idolised his father ever since then. He also wanted to become a made member of the Mafia. On his dresser, Pappa had a picture of his dad. On his arm was a simple tattoo tribute, "Pappa Bear."

ohn Pappa didn't become a crazy killer right away, in fact it looked like Pappa wouldn't go the same route his father had taken. After her gangster husband had been whacked John Pappa's mother moved to Holmdel, N.J.. There everything seemed to go just like she had wanted. Pappa did well in school and became a high school soccer star. But little Pappa secretly had different aspirations, he still wanted to become a made Mafia member. "He could not stay out of Brooklyn and Staten Island," said a source close to the Pappa family. "He was straddling two worlds." Pappa was so entranced by the mob, authorities said, that he had the credo "morte prima di disonore" (=death before dishonor) tattooed across his back. Pappa believed it applied to him and his father. Pappa started selling drugs and pretty soon tried to hook up with a crew run by James "Froggy" Galione a Lucchese mobster. John Pappa seemed to fit right in but Galione wouldn't take him in, Galione knew that back in 1975 Gerard Pappa, then a Genovese soldier, had fired the fatal shots that killed his father, a Gambino associate.

But the rejection didn't stop Pappa. Pretty soon thereafter he became close with the Colombo Crime Family. The Colombo Crime Family is one of the most troublesome Families in New York, having had several internal Family wars. In the early 90s the Colombo Family was caught up in a new internal war. This time it was the Persico faction led by official boss Carmine Persico against the faction led by acting boss Vic Orena, Orena started the war by wanting to be the official boss. John Pappa became an associate of a Mafia Family in serious problems and pretty soon his Family faction asked him to perform his duty as an Family associate: He had to go out and kill. The Persico faction was so weakened that they actually called upon the young associates to perform the hits. John Pappa however was willing and able and saw this as a good way to become a made member and so he went out to do his job and do it good.

The first official hit of John Pappa during his time as a Colombo Family associate was Colombo Family Capo Joseph Scopo. Scopo was a close friend of acting boss Vic Orena and had aligned himself with Orena against the Persico faction. On October 20, 1993 Pappa and two other Colombo Family associates, John Sparacino and Eric Curcio, went out to Scopo's house to whack him. When the three arrived at Scopo's house in Ozone Park, Queens they found the rival Capo in his car. Sparacino threw open the door and sprayed Scopo's car with a machine gun missing Scopo with every shot. After seeing Scopo was still alive Sparacino ran off. Pappa hid behind a tree waiting to see if Scopo had a gun. Scopo yelled at him: "You got balls, come on. Come on, you need to kill me, kill me you little punk." Scopo then threw his cellular phone at Pappa. Pappa now knew enough and walked over to Scopo with a .380 automatic and shot him eight times from close range. The murder of Capo Joseph Scopo would be the end of the Colombo war, after this hit the Orena faction gave up and the Persico faction emerged as the winner.

With the Colombo Family war at an end John Pappa had made his bones and was almost surely gonna get made. After this successful hit, Pappa got a taste for more. Pappa supposedly had a beef with Anthony "Tigger" Dellavecchia, who was reputedly aligned with James "Jimmy Frogs" Galione, member of the Luchese crime family and the guy who didn't want Pappa in his crew. Pappa believed Dellavecchia had something to do with the murder of his best friend. Because Dellavecchia was allegedly protected by the Luchese family, he was untouchable without approval from Mafia bosses. Determined to extract revenge any way he could, Pappa then allegedly told his cohorts, "If I can't kill Tigger, I'll kill Carmine." (Carmine Gargano jr was Tiggers nephew).

Then, in early July 1994 Gargano got into a brawl with Luchese associate Michael "Mikey Flattop" DeRosa at T-Birds, a Bay Ridge bar. As DeRosa was carried out of the club bleeding from a head injury that night, he snarled to Gargano: "I'm going to kill you." Pappa saw the fight in more practical terms, according to informants: He could kill Carmine Gargano Jr. and everyone would blame Mikey DeRosa. "John Pappa told me, 'It's done. Carmine's gone,'" Luchese mobster Ronald "Messy Marvin" Moran later said, "And they'll never find his body."

In the meantime the bragging about the Scopo hit didn't stop and the three involved started telling their own versions about what had happened. One night Pappa, Sparacino, Curcio and another young hoodlum named Basciano were partying in Basciano's social club. As Pappa and Curcio left, Sparacino told Basciano about his role in the murder and threw a disgusted look at them and sneered: "They think they're a bunch of tough guys. They ain't shit. They're a bunch of punks. Remember the Scopo murder. I'm the one, I did the shooting and those two punks left me there."

After the club emptied out, Basciano, found Pappa and Curcio and told them what Sparacino had said. Pappa and Curcio then told their version: Sparacino had driven off, and that after killing Scopo they had to run three long blocks from the crime scene in front of Scopo's Ozone Park home to a backup getaway car. "Eric looked shocked. Pappa's face turned beet red. He turned around and said: "That mother fucker, I'm going to rip his heart out." "Pappa was going nuts, and I just got in the truck and left," said Basciano. Pappa and Curcio got another young thug named Hennigar to lure Sparacino to a house on Aug. 13, 1994, Hennigar killed him before Curcio and Pappa could get there. Hennigar had shot Sparacino in the back of the head. With Sparacino now dead you'd think Pappa and Curcio didn't need to come over anymore, but for Pappa the fun didn't stop at the killing. When Pappa came over they cut his face and tried to pull it off. Two days later they dumped the body in a car and set it on fire.

After this murder Pappa seemed to go crazy. He now told his friend Joseph Iborti that he was mad at Curcio because Curcio was taking all the credit for the Scopo hit, and that he was going to kill Curcio because of that. "I killed Joe Scopo, I did all the work,", Pappa promised to walk into Curcio's auto body shop in Red Hook and kill him, which he did on October 4, 1994. The next day Pappa telephoned Iborti. A laughing and giggling Pappa described how he had killed Curcio. "He started making the sounds of gunshots on the phone," said Iborti, imitating the sounds of machine gun fire as he placed his right hand next to his ear in the shape of a telephone." 'Boom boom boom boom boom boom boom boom,' then he'd stop for a second, start laughing and do it all over again, 'boom boom boom boom boom boom,' " Iborti said. Asked to decribe what went through his mind at the time, Iborti said: "This guy's nuts.". And who would argue with that?

John Pappa's campaign to become a made Mafia member ended on the steps of St. Ann's Church on Staten Island on September 26, 1997. Pappa, arriving for a wedding rehearsal for his pal Salvatore Sparacino (the brother of Pappa's third victim), was intercepted by NYPD detectives and FBI agents. "Police, John," Detective Tommy Dades yelled as Pappa walked up the marble stairs of the church with his girlfriend. "Stop! Police!" Pappa spun and scowled. He bent over clutching his stomach and stood straight, pointing a fully loaded 9-mm. pistol. "Put the gun down, John!" FBI agent Matt Tormey said. Pappa ran into the church amid the stunned wedding party. He hurled his gun to the floor and kept running, weaving in and out of the pews with cops in pursuit. "Hey, you guys are unbelievable," the infuriated groom growled. "Show some respect." "Respect?" answered a detective. "This mutt killed your brother." Pappa was arrested just a few feet from the altar. No shots were fired.

Pappa had proven that he was a capable man and fit for Mafia membership during the Colombo war of 1991-93. Pappa was an efficient and bloodthirsty hit man who roamed south Brooklyn armed with an arsenal, prosecutors said. He was convicted of four murders and is suspected in six others including the June 1994 killing of another associate, Rolando Rivera and the thrill-killing of a stranger on a dare. "This prosecution brings the terrible legacy of the Colombo war to a close with the conviction of one of the most dangerous young hitman in the Colombo family," said assistant U.S. attorney Stephen Kelly. Pappa is currently serving four life-without-parole terms plus 45 years for drug dealing and other miscellaneous charges.

JOHN PAPPA
Register Number: 48858-053
Race: White
Sex: Male
Located at: Allenwood USP
Release Date: LIFE

FRANCIS GUERRA
Register Number: 10636-051
Race: White
Sex: Male
Located at: Fort Dix FCI
Release Date: 10/28/2023

Is Pappa still at Allenwood? For some reason I believe he was moved.

Last edited by Torrie1; 10/14/14 12:25 PM.
Re: John Pappa ( Colombo) [Re: Torrie1] #808354
10/14/14 01:22 PM
10/14/14 01:22 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Torrie1

Someone recently posted that he's in South Carolina now.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: John Pappa ( Colombo) [Re: pizzaboy] #808557
10/16/14 05:34 AM
10/16/14 05:34 AM
T
Torrie1 Offline
Button
Torrie1  Offline
T
Button
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

Someone recently posted that he's in South Carolina now.

That's what I heard Edgefield but I thought it was medium security

Re: John Pappa ( Colombo) [Re: Belmont] #819257
12/16/14 07:45 PM
12/16/14 07:45 PM
Not Arizona
Marbala Offline
Button
Marbala  Offline
Button
Not Arizona
Just cause you have a life sentence doesn't mean you have to remain in a USP. If your classification changes you can be moved down to an FCI

Re: John Pappa ( Colombo) [Re: Belmont] #819264
12/16/14 09:18 PM
12/16/14 09:18 PM
CT
M
mightyhealthy Offline
Underboss
mightyhealthy  Offline
M
Underboss
CT
John was a good kid until he got involved? Hard to buy that. His type of sick dociopathy doesn't develop because you hang out in Brooklyn. The guy was a loser and a waste of life.

Re: John Pappa ( Colombo) [Re: mightyhealthy] #819932
12/20/14 06:53 AM
12/20/14 06:53 AM
Northumberland England
GaryH Offline
Underboss
GaryH  Offline
Underboss
Northumberland England
Originally Posted By: mightyhealthy
John was a good kid until he got involved? Hard to buy that. His type of sick dociopathy doesn't develop because you hang out in Brooklyn. The guy was a loser and a waste of life.

Yes and with Gerrard Pappa's genes in him he was always gonna be a bit of a bad boy

Re: John Pappa ( Colombo) [Re: Marbala] #819940
12/20/14 08:48 AM
12/20/14 08:48 AM
B
bronx Offline
Underboss
bronx  Offline
B
Underboss
he was from bensonhurst, his brother was mikie miccio, emma and papa crew,, huge guy, body builder..from bath ave..unless this is a different joe..red headed guy?

Re: John Pappa ( Colombo) [Re: GaryH] #827896
02/09/15 03:48 PM
02/09/15 03:48 PM
T
Torrie1 Offline
Button
Torrie1  Offline
T
Button
Originally Posted By: GaryH
Originally Posted By: mightyhealthy

Yes and with Gerrard Pappa's genes in him he was always gonna be a bit of a bad boy

What I know of Pappa there was that side of him that not many knew. He remembered birthdays and loved Christmas and unfortunately his son went down that path but idt if he was around he would have wanted his son to be like him. And also he was warmhearted and kind it's amazing what a dual personality he had. And John was Good kid maybe his father being murdered was the thing that changed him remember he was only a child 5 years old his father died about 9 days before his 6th birthday don't you think that had some impact on him, and genes I believe that his mom was a good person so don't you think some of it had to do with losing his father at an early age? I don't think John would have been a "bit of a bad boy" if his father was around. Just thinking out loud

Last edited by Torrie1; 02/10/15 09:53 AM.
Re: John Pappa ( Colombo) [Re: Belmont] #828014
02/10/15 02:21 PM
02/10/15 02:21 PM
B
Belmont Offline OP
Underboss
Belmont  Offline OP
B
Underboss
For Pappa( son) to do the shit he was accused of doing; he has to be mentally unstable to say the least.
I think a lot of these young wanna be's purposely do shocking things in order to get noticed and make a name for themselves. Real gangsters dont want clowns like that around and are usually used and in the end killed. Pappa would of been killed. Kind of like Alite, i think his days were numbered and not because he disrespected Carmine Agnello. He was expendable. Just another guy who would commit violent crimes/ dirty work that no one else wanted or cared to do. Alite had balls and was probably a pretty tough kid. That said, most kids in queens would of grown very large balls in order to impress john gotti.
If you look at some of the rising starts in the gambino 's at that time; Mikey scars, Tore Lacascio, Vinny butch.. None of them would be smacking drug dealers in the head with pipes and then stealing their drugs.

Last edited by Belmont; 02/10/15 02:29 PM.
Re: John Pappa ( Colombo) [Re: Belmont] #828039
02/10/15 04:11 PM
02/10/15 04:11 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

This guy gets a lot of thread time but I think if he didn't get picked up tommy shots and his cop killing crew would have got his ticket. He did to much work.

Re: John Pappa ( Colombo) [Re: Belmont] #828047
02/10/15 04:29 PM
02/10/15 04:29 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline
Underboss
far, northwest
Originally Posted By: Belmont
For Pappa( son) to do the shit he was accused of doing; he has to be mentally unstable to say the least.
I think a lot of these young wanna be's purposely do shocking things in order to get noticed and make a name for themselves. Real gangsters dont want clowns like that around and are usually used and in the end killed. Pappa would of been killed. Kind of like Alite, i think his days were numbered and not because he disrespected Carmine Agnello. He was expendable. Just another guy who would commit violent crimes/ dirty work that no one else wanted or cared to do. Alite had balls and was probably a pretty tough kid. That said, most kids in queens would of grown very large balls in order to impress john gotti.
If you look at some of the rising starts in the gambino 's at that time; Mikey scars, Tore Lacascio, Vinny butch.. None of them would be smacking drug dealers in the head with pipes and then stealing their drugs.

I think your post makes a lot of sense, a young kid trying to impress someone. sounds like the bath beach boys just kids being used. and to dumb to know it.

" watch what you say around this guy, he's got a big mouth" sam giancana to an outfit soldier about frank Sinatra. [ from the book "my way"
Re: John Pappa ( Colombo) [Re: Belmont] #828066
02/10/15 05:17 PM
02/10/15 05:17 PM
B
Belmont Offline OP
Underboss
Belmont  Offline OP
B
Underboss
Exactly. The bath ave crew is another example. Those guys were purposely doing all kinds of off the wall shit hoping to get noticed. Spero noticed them alright.. He noticed they were shit heads and used them and one by one he wanted them killed. The mob is about making money not committing atrocities and having a dick contest as to who is crazier than the next.

Re: John Pappa ( Colombo) [Re: Belmont] #828219
02/11/15 05:42 PM
02/11/15 05:42 PM
T
Torrie1 Offline
Button
Torrie1  Offline
T
Button
Absolutely and I wonder if John Pappa would have been made anything if I am correct his mother is Jewish

Re: John Pappa ( Colombo) [Re: Belmont] #828230
02/11/15 06:36 PM
02/11/15 06:36 PM
B
Belmont Offline OP
Underboss
Belmont  Offline OP
B
Underboss
His father is italian so technically yes. Its a moot point though, he wasnt an earner and was just used because he was borderline retarded in my view. he would of eventually been killed and chopped up into small pieces and then eaten by another wanna be willing to do anything to get noticed.

Last edited by Belmont; 02/11/15 06:37 PM.
Re: John Pappa ( Colombo) [Re: Belmont] #828257
02/11/15 08:14 PM
02/11/15 08:14 PM
Hudson County NJ
D
DB Offline
Underboss
DB  Offline
D
Underboss
Hudson County NJ
That crew did make a ton of money I heard tho

They dealt tons of coke and crack to white kids and made some good scores

Sorry being the smart guy he is probably bleed these kids try and got free hits out if them while also keeping some distance / go between

Re: John Pappa ( Colombo) [Re: DB] #828270
02/11/15 10:38 PM
02/11/15 10:38 PM
O
OldVines Offline
Wiseguy
OldVines  Offline
O
Wiseguy
i think belmont is pretty much dead on.

to me it sounds like pappa had no idea about the reality he wanted to be part of.

psychos not only scare the other guy they also scare mobsters who aren't psychos because they know you can only be controlled so much and if you get the mind you will be too stupid to reason with or trust. you are looked at as a loose marble.

you'll be used and disposed of.

how you get yourself noticed it to start making money.

make a decent amount of money in anything illegal and i promise you will be noticed by the local mobsters.

where and how it goes from there is up to you.

Re: John Pappa ( Colombo) [Re: Belmont] #828276
02/12/15 01:42 AM
02/12/15 01:42 AM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
All the tough guys are in the cemetery.

MORGAN: Why didn't you fight him at the park if you wanted to? I'm not goin' now, I'm eatin' my snack.
CHUCKIE: Morgan, Let's go.
MORGAN: I'm serious Chuckie, I ain't goin'.
WILL: So don't go.
Re: John Pappa ( Colombo) [Re: Belmont] #828488
02/13/15 10:21 AM
02/13/15 10:21 AM
T
Torrie1 Offline
Button
Torrie1  Offline
T
Button
John was a pretty smart as a kid. His babysitter always said he was smart as a whip. And he prob didn't know or thought they would take him as one of them.

Re: John Pappa ( Colombo) [Re: Torrie1] #828503
02/13/15 01:32 PM
02/13/15 01:32 PM
B
Belmont Offline OP
Underboss
Belmont  Offline OP
B
Underboss
John was a pretty smart as a kid. His babysitter always said he was smart as a whip. And he prob didn't know or thought they would take him as one of them.

Did his babysitter give him an IQ test ? I dont know what that means, his babysitter said he was smart?

Re: John Pappa ( Colombo) [Re: Belmont] #828581
02/13/15 07:57 PM
02/13/15 07:57 PM
T
Torrie1 Offline
Button
Torrie1  Offline
T
Button
Just bright for a child. Now because he turned to crime does not mean he was stupid. Maybe self destructive unfortunately he took a lot of people in his wake but weren't they the same as him, maybe he actually served a purpose he cleaned house.

Re: John Pappa ( Colombo) [Re: OldVines] #828584
02/13/15 08:05 PM
02/13/15 08:05 PM
T
Torrie1 Offline
Button
Torrie1  Offline
T
Button
Originally Posted By: OldVines
i think belmont is pretty much dead on.

to me it sounds like pappa had no idea about the reality he wanted to be part of.

psychos not only scare the other guy they also scare mobsters who aren't psychos because they know you can only be controlled so much and if you get the mind you will be too stupid to reason with or trust. you are looked at as a loose marble.

you'll be used and disposed of.

how you get yourself noticed it to start making money.

make a decent amount of money in anything illegal and i promise you will be noticed by the local mobsters.

where and how it goes from there is up to you.
well you are right because his father was a money maker, he caught their eye problem was he lived a little too high probably got some of the others angry. Ok not a good term but you get the idea

Re: John Pappa ( Colombo) [Re: Torrie1] #849766
07/04/15 01:05 PM
07/04/15 01:05 PM
F
floridagirl Offline
Wiseguy
floridagirl  Offline
F
Wiseguy
How do you know so much about the Pappa's

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull